- Encyclopedia article about whorls. Information about whorls in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “whorls definition of whorls in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Whorl (biology), used to describe the structures of organs and used in the aid of identification Whorl (mollusc), a single, complete 360° turn in the spiral growth of a mollusc shell. — “Whorl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. something that whirls, coils, or spirals or whose form suggests such movement : swirl. — “Whorl - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- All of the four whorls are basically modified leaves. That is, they arise on the plant While flowers consist of four whorls, each whorl consists of characteristic similar or. — “Reproduction by Seed”, mansfield.ohio-state.edu
- signal," which Schuster compares with ***yzing an entire fingerprint rather than one or two whorls in that fingerprint. The researchers first tested their system in November 2007 near the David An inner 'fingerprint' for personalizing medical care. — “Learn more about whorls | e! Science News”,
- Whorls. Includes Spindle, Foundation, Hair Whorl, A Whorl, Used To Describe, Whorl Botany, Whorl Fingerprint, Whorl Mollusc, Body Whorl and Hair Whorl Horse information plus more related topics on . — “Whorls (Spiral, Mollusc, Describe, Pattern) @ ”,
- The calyx encloses and protects the inner whorls in the bud stage. Since the sepals contain chlorophyll, they These are essential whorls. A flower bearing both the essential whorls is bi***ual. Sometimes a flower has only the stamens or only the pistils, in. — “Flowers”, botany.uwc.ac.za
- Whorls' definition, a circular arrangement of like parts, as leaves or flowers, around a point on an axis; verticil. See more. — “Whorls' | Define Whorls' at ”,
- Short article with descriptions of the spindles and whorls used by Scandinavian yarn spinners from 800 to 1500 CE. Author: Carolyn Priest-Dorman. — “Medieval North European Spindle Whorls”, cs.vassar.edu
- It found that there was a slight tendency for people with whorls to have more duodenal ulcers. Another study looking at American Japanese in Hawaii showed that if men had more whorls on their fingers, they were more likely to have a heart attack. — “Whorls”,
- (Click to enlarge) whorl whorled leaves (Elizabeth Morales) whorl n. A form that coils or spirals; a curl or swirl: spread the icing in peaks and. — “whorl: Definition from ”,
- Definition of whorls in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of whorls. Pronunciation of whorls. Translations of whorls. whorls synonyms, whorls antonyms. Information about whorls in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “whorls - definition of whorls by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- The technical definition of a plain whorl is a whorl which consists of one or more ridges CENTRAL POCKET WHORLS. A central pocket whorl consists of at least one recurving ridge, or. — “Fingerprint patterns”,
- For our spinning wheels we offer a wide spectrum of whorls to aid the handspinner in achieving the best spinning speed for the task at hand. high speed and super high speed whorls when spinning in double drive. — “: our products/accessories/spinning accessories”,
- Spindle whorls are known to have been manufactured from a great variety of materials. People in general used what was most readily available to them, stone, clay and wood whorls being the most commonly used, especially in the earliest periods. — “The Bead Database - World of Whorls”, bead-
- MAJACRAFT WHORLS, UNIVERSAL WHORLS TO FIT ALL MAJACRAFT SPINNING WHEELS, SLOW, FAST, STANDARD WHORLS. — “MAJACRAFT - whorls”, majacraft.co.nz
- 24 Hour Shipping on most orders. Customizable whorls gifts - t-shirts, posters, coffee mugs, embroidery, and more from . Choose your favorite whorls gift from thousands of available products. — “Whorls T-Shirts, Whorls Gifts, Art, Posters, and more”,
- The Walnut wood is glued so it is cross-wise to the grain of the Baltic for maximum whorl strength. The undercut area of the 'Overlay' style removes mass from the center and concentrates the remainder in the rim of the spindle where it is needed for a sustained spin. — “Drop spindle whorl construction ... Tracy's spindles”,
- Whether you call it buggy whipping or twisted whorl, the tightly rolled upper leaves of corn are appearing later than normal. Elmore and Robertson discuss this year's situation. — “Twisted Whorls”, extension.iastate.edu
- Hair whorls come in a huge variety of shapes, sizes and positions! Whorls can be found on other areas of the horse's body such as the neck, chest, belly and in front of the stifles. — “Horsewyse Magazine - Around the Whorl”, .au
- The flower consists of a very short axis on which whorls of different parts arise. If members of the same whorl are united partly or completely the condition is connate (e.g. sepals, petals,. — “Angiosperm Morphology Flower | ”,
related images for whorls
- wood whorls jpg
- salmel whorls JPG
- whorls4 jpg
- Spoons manufactured from mussel shells top row pottery disks and a broken spoon manufactured out of a deer skull The two pottery disks have a drilled center and closely resemble Old
- Whorls 2003 BB plywood yarn 120 x 20 x 18
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 2
- Veil Whorls
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 16
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 21
- sw 04 jpg
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 19
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 22
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 10
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 14
- Zone 4 9 Flowers spicy fragrant turk s cap lily Mature plants can produce over twenty flowers Foliage simple leaves arranged in whorls on the stem Culture sunny location in alkaline soil Tolerates part shade and heavy soil One of the first lilies to bloom Disease resistant
- Daylily flower with some petals and sepals removed to show the four floral whorls Frontal view below Photo Pat Loveland used with permission
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 11
- sw 03 jpg
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 12
- Distant Whorls
- Seyda Etched Whorls jpg
- Uncategorized Stephen Shepherd 9 34 am I wonder how many alliterations and homonyms I can whup up I took the old whorl and laid it flat on my bench and positioned a large chisel in place to split it asunder at the iron mandrel
- Full View Start your own free art collection Sign up here Share This Blog It Print Not Enabled Shop Similar Prints Download Send to Mobile Also vwake s profile vwake s gallery
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 18
- larger image
- whorls2 jpg
- leadwhorls jpg
- Hair whorls come in a huge variety of shapes sizes and positions
- normal L mich whorls JPG
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 6
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 1
- Ilachinski Swirls Whorls Tendrils 15
- planetary plane appears edgewise slanted lines mark 2 and 10 day intervals
- View in stock spindles
- Bild00446 2bbcf jpg
- sw 02 jpg
- I m not entirely sure what kind of whorl it is he actually has on his forehead It almost fits into descriptions of a couple of different things Click on the smaller photos to enlarge Horses with two adjoining whorls can be emotional and difficult to handle and do not make good mounts for inexperienced riders The forehead whorl is just above Chief s eyes on the left side
- as humev2 d jpg
related videos for whorls
- Horsetail..Equisetum hyemale Horsetail is a very primitive perennial plant with dark-green hollow, jointed or segmented stems 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick with no true leaves. Stems may be singular or have whorls of branches. Only single stems produce the cone-shaped spore producing body at the tip. Horsetails can be standing in water or in wet areas. Horsetail stems contain silicon crystals (ie sand) embedded in its tissue. This gritty texture gives it a common name of "scouring rush". Submerged portions of all aquatic plants provide habitats for many micro and macro invertebrates. These invertebrates in turn are used as food by fish and other wildlife species (eg amphibians, reptiles, ducks, etc.). After aquatic plants die, their decomposition by bacteria and fungi provides food (called "detritus") for many aquatic invertebrates. Horsetail has no known direct food value to wildlife.
- Humboldt Lily (Lilium humboldtii) A California/Oregon native, the Humboldt Lily grows six or more feet tall with large (up to 4") maroon/red-spotted golden/orange flowers having six stamens with orange-to-brown colored anthers and a single pistil. The leaves have wavy margins in whorls with about a dozen leaves per whorl. This lily prefers shaded moist areas in chaparral and oak woodlands, often near streams. It was named in 1869 after naturalist and explorer Alexander von Humboldt to celebrate his 100th birthday.
- Trilliums.mp4 The trillium is not only Ontario's flower it is also my favourite. These photos were taken by myself and some from Son Matthew and Daughter-in-law Sarah. Also, most were taken at Awenda provincial park but 2 or so were shot near home including the ending shot with my grandson James. Any of about 25 species of spring-flowering perennial herbaceous plants that make up the genus Trillium in the family Melanthiaceae, native to North America and Asia. Whorls of oval leaves, flower parts, and fruits are arranged in groups of three. Each solitary white, greenish-white, yellow, pink, or purple flower is borne on a short stalk that arises from the whorl of leaves. Many species are cultivated in wildflower gardens. Wild trillium (also called wake-robin or birthroot) is a protected species
- Smart Wave - Between whorls(original mix)
- Ground Ivy (Glechoma hederacea) ~ 's How to Identify Wild Edible & Medicinal Plants Ground Ivy leaves are heart shaped, opposite, scalloped, and dark green, sometimes tinted purple. The main root is thick and matted it sends out runners as long as 36 inches. Flowers appear in march and are purplish to blue, two lipped and grow in axillary whorls of six. Ground Ivy leaves, flowers and stems can be gathered year round and dried foe later herb use. Ground Ivy can be used as a spring tonic, appetite stimulant. Contains a volatile oil which aids in relieving congestion and inflammation of mucous membranes associated with colds, flu, and sinusitis. It is Anti-allergenic, Antibacterial, Anti-flu, Antihistaminic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Antiviral, Cancer-Preventive, Expectorant, Immuno-stimulant, and Sedative. Ground ivy tea or juice is well tolerated and can be given to small children. The fresh juice or a medicinal tea is used to treat digestive disorders, gastritis, acid indigestion, and diarrhea. It is also beneficial for liver and kidney function, said to relieve gravel and stones. Added to bath as an emollient to soften skin and has a sedative effect. For more information please visit our website at .
- Reiki Chakra Meditation Music, New Age Music Therapy, Relaxation Join Artist GiBi Reiki, Chakra Meditation Music, New Age Music Therapy, Low Pulse Bio Movement, Relaxation - Composed by Gibi del Barrio, - Chakra (derived from the Sanskrit cakraṃ चक्रं ([ˈtʃəkrə̃]), pronounced [ˈtʃəkrə] in Hindi; Pali ॰हक्क chakka, Chinese: 轮, Tibetan; khorlo) is a Sanskrit word that translates as "wheel" or "turning". Chakra is a concept referring to wheel-like vortices which, according to traditional Indian medicine, are believed to exist in the surface of the etheric double of man. The Chakras are said to be "force centres" or whorls of energy permeating, from a point on the physical body, the layers of the subtle bodies in an ever-increasing fan-shaped formation (the fans make the shape of a love heart). Rotating vortices of subtle matter, they are considered the focal points for the reception and transmission of energies. Seven major chakras or energy centres (also understood as wheels of light) are generally believed to exist, located within the subtle body. Sahasrara is generally considered to be the chakra of pure consciousness. Its role may be envisioned somewhat similarly to that of the pituitary gland, which secretes emanuel hormones to communicate to the rest of the endocrine system and also connects to the central nervous system via the hypothalamus. The thalamus is thought to have a key role in the physical basis of consciousness. Symbolized by a lotus with one thousand petals ...
- Spinning on a Turkish Hand spindle Hand spinning on a Turkish Hand spindle. This is a low or bottom whorl spindle with a unique set of "crossed pieces of wood" at the lower end of the shaft. These are able to slide on and off the shaft. You wind the yarn around these pieces into a ball, then slip them off at the end and instead of having to "wind off" you have a ready made ball of yarn. I don't do a full ball, but do demo how to wind on and remove the ball. This is a rather large, heavy spindle best for medium to heavy wools - and is definitely slower than other low whorl spindles and much slower than high whorls, but it has a special place in the hearts of hand spinners.
- Justice - False Convictions & Confessions - Part1 Reasons are given for what happens when people are falsely accused or convicted. Sometimes people are convicted because they made a confession about something they simply did not do. Eyewitnesses often do not see or remember clearly enough to be really sure. Convictions should not be made solely on one type of evidence, but in cases of miscarriage of justice, other things may be 'made to fit' into a scenario which other people come to believe is what happened. Some books and links appear in the video, which you can find listed at Tansal Abuse & Rights on the Human Rights pages. If you know someone who is in prison, try to get some support for yourself too. See Part 2 for Joint Enterprise video. United Against Injustice: Innocent: Books listed by Innocent: Visit for an article on the unreliability of evidence,by Zakaria Erzinclioglu - Science and the law: A cause for concern Articles about disclosure of evidence and other issues: INUK useful Links page - The Innocence Network UK: Their video channel with information on a wide range of issues including evidence and testimony is at TANSAL Abuse & Rights: See Human Rights, Miscarriages of Justice, False Confessions Whorls for some articles and links on Miscarriages of Justice
- Aftermap-Spindle Whorls Aftermap: Legacy site series. Video commentary by Ray Hsu. Want more? bit.ly/cRo2Xn
- chakra breathing meditation with music 5/7 chakra breathing meditation - exercise with music chakra is a Sanskrit word, that is translated as "wheel" or "turning". chakra is a concept referring to wheel-like vortices, which according to traditional Indian medicine, are believed to exist in the surface of the etheric body of man. the chakras are said to be "force centres" or whorls of energy permeating, from a point on the physical body. rotating vortices of subtle matter, they are considered the focal points for the reception and transmission of energies. the original information on chakras comes from the Upanishads, and difﬁcult to date, because it is believed to have been passed over across generations for approximately a thousand years, before being written down for the ﬁrst time somewhere 1200-900 bc this meditation exercise is meant to be a simple start as a basic exercise. feel free to ad your creativity to it. any yoga, thai chi, or other meditation method is also recommended... life beginns with the ﬁrst breath and ends with the last breath. air is necessary for humans to exist. it carries the absolute energy, called Prana, in chinese or japanese culture it is called Chi or Ki. it is known as the fountain of all energy. seven primary chakras are commonly described, but there are more than 72'000 smaller chakras and nadis, described in the old books of Indians and Tibetans. the existence of chakras has also been known by the Mayas, the Inkas and the Hopi indians.
- Pond Snail, ( Lymnaeidae ), 220510 Part Three.wmv Pond Snail, ( Lymnaeidae ), The pond snails generally have a large last whorl and a number of smaller whorls forming a tall siender spire. The aperture is quite large and not closed by an operculum. Most species are shiny but drably coloured in shades of brown, yellow, and cream. The surface of the shell has fine lines and striations running parallel to the lip,... ( ID RSPB Wildlife of Britain the Definitive Visual Guide ),...
- Wanted By The FBI: Everyone's Data? In the beginning was the fingerprint. It was in the 19th century that scientists realized the ridged whorls on the tip of the finger constituted a unique marker that could be used to tell one person from another. And eventually, the FBI built a massive database of fingerprints. Then came DNA. In the 20th century, scientists learned to use the double helix nucleic acid molecule as a means of identification even more definitive than the fingerprint. And the FBI built a DNA database as well. Now the feds are building yet another database. And it has some folks worried. Maybe you missed it in the run-up to Super Duper Tuesday when the Associated Press reported last week that the FBI will soon award a $1 billion, 10-year contract for construction of an electronic file that would store not just fingerprints and DNA, but a vast compendium of other physical characteristics. We're talking eye scans, facial shape, palm prints, scars, tattoos and other biometrics, all for the purpose of identifying and capturing bad guys. But at least one privacy advocate thinks even good guys — and gals — have cause for concern. Barry Steinhardt, director of the ACLU's Technology and Liberty Project, told CNN, "It's the beginning of the surveillance society where you can be tracked anywhere, any time and all your movements, and eventually all your activities will be tracked and noted and correlated." I know what some of you are saying and it makes a certain amount of sense: If you haven't done ...
- Jordan Petra , Amman , Karak , Dead sea tour in Jordan, Amman , Petra , Dead sea alkarak castle and hot spring in maeen 约旦رحلة سياحية في الاردن عمان البحر الميت البتراء المياه الساخنة في معين Film by Turath Mazloum Petra lies about 3-5 hours south of modern Amman, about 2 hours north of Aqaba, on the edges of the mountainous desert of the Wadi Araba. The city is surrounded by towering hills of rust-coloured sandstone which gave the city some natural protection against invaders. The site is semi-arid, the friable sandstone which allowed the Nabataeans to carve their temples and tombs into the rock crumbling easily to sand. The colour of the rock ranges from pale yellow or white through rich reds to the darker brown of more resistant rocks. The contorted strata of different-coloured rock form whorls and waves of colour in the rock face, which the Nabataeans exploited in their architecture.
- Morphology Of Flowering Plants Check us out at Flowers arise from the apical portion of a stem in a region called the receptacle. They may be borne directly on a main stem axis or rachis (sessile) or on a slender stalk or stem called a pedicel. They usually consist of four whorls of parts that develop in the following series, from the outer whorl to the inner: sepals, petals, stamens, and carpels. These whorls of parts may develop in discrete cycles, or be more or less continuous and spirally arranged. If all four whorls of floral parts are present, the flower is complete; if one or more whorls is missing, the flower is incomplete. The symmetry of flowers usually can be defined as radial (actinomorphic) or bilateral (zygomorphic). In a few groups the flowers are termed irregular (asymmetric) when the petals or sepals are dissimilar in form or orientation. Floral diversity is achieved by numerous variation patterns resulting from changes in 1) symmetry, 2) numbers of each floral part, and 3) degree of fusion of the parts. If like parts are fused, they are connate; if unlike parts are fused, they are adnate. Prefixes such as gamo-, sym-, and syn- denote connation, as in gamopetaly and sympetaly (fusion of petals to each other) and syncarpy (fusion of carpels). The prefix epi- refers to adnation, as in epipetalous stamens (stamens fused to the petals). In floral morphology, the prefixes poly- and apo- represent the lack of fusion, as in polypetaly (separate petals) and apocarpy ...
- How the Body Works : The Heart The Heart The heart is a muscular organ which pumps blood throughout the body. The continuous driving force is generated by the action of cardiac muscle-a specialized form of muscle. The muscle is arranged as whorls of tissue surrounding the two cavities of the ventricles. The left ventricle is larger as it is required to pump blood around the general circulatory system. The right ventricle only pumps blood along the shorter circuit through the lungs. The autonomic nervous system controls changes in the rate of heartbeat.
- Swirl Fighter (39 x 22') Spinning tops is no fun but pitching specially made spinners forcefully into an arena to challenge and fight one another - to swirl, whirl and twist into spirals, whorls, curls and coils; careering and careening; smashing and crashing top on top, and knocking losers down or out. Now, this is serious fun! This is the world of the Swirl Fighter. It is where our hero, Tiger, aspires to be champion but first, the kid has to learn to spin a top and to be humble - no fun at all. But his wise and patient grandfather, a Swirl Fighter Master, instructs him in the mysterious art with special exercises using simple wooden tops and training in the different methods of throwing, spinning and fighting. These styles of combat were developed by many generations of masters from the observed natural hunting and fighting skills of animal predators like the Tiger, Leopard, Eagle and even, T-Rex. Yes, the tyrannical dinosaur. Tiger has to challenge and be challenged by other Swirl Fighters. In the extreme trials of winning and losing, he finally understands his grandfather's sacrifices and painstaking efforts to train him - to be worthy of his Swirl Fighter name Tiger. By his side are his good buddies, heroic Swirl Fighters, with their individual graceful and impressive animal styles. But arrayed against them are the Swirl Fighter baddies of equal but fearful talent born of fearsome predators. With teamwork, Tigers prowess, founded on humility, may prove him to be a true champion. Let the ...
- Spindle Whorls of Great Britain Spindle Whorls have been made and used across Britain since ancient times. The Romans and people of the Medieval period cast Spindle Whorls mainly from lead for use to spin wool into yarn for the manufacture of cloth and clothing. Join Archaeologist & Historian James Balme as he explains in more detail about Spindle Whorls and their use by the Romans and beyond. All the artefacts featured in the film have been recovered by James during his research across the fields of Cheshire.
- Sorrow's Song Song: Sorrow's Song Artist: SJ Tucker Album: Solace & Sorrow Sing me a city of cinnamon Sing me a manticore's song I will give you beads of amber And a feather cloak of gold Sorrow is a child of dying stars With no one to tell her her name Red in her cloak as a winter sun She wanders, not entirely tame Are ye a child of stars dead and dying Brought here from afar With whorls of fate upon your eyes And sorrow in your heart Sing me a tale so beautiful That the stars will strain to hear The stories to be told, my love Are not for you to fear Sing me a city of cinnamon Sing me a manticore's song I will give you beads of amber And a feather cloak of gold Oh, as red in her cloak as a winter sun Our daughter of dying stars Whorls of fate upon her eyes And sorrow in her heart Sorrow, my heart Sorrow is a child of dying stars With no one to tell her her name Red in her cloak as a winter sun She wanders Sing me a tale so beautiful That the stars will strain to hear The stories to be told, my love Are not for you to fear Does it not seem strange to ask To talk by first light instead of last The stars keep watch The living dead and dying You are dear as diamonds Now to folk you've never known The tale you fear to end Is just beginning hand in hand with solace With a firebird at her back a djinn and a grandmother At her sides A sister's cloak of feathers Wrapped around her here at last Her mother walks the lonely shore And cries Tell me a tale so beautiful That the stars will strain ...
- Water Spray Whorls about the M/N Via Astralis On January 10, 2011 I was aboard the M/N Via Astralis heading northwest amongst the islands of Tierra del Fuego (I'm looking for some good nautical maps of Tierra del Fuego to figure out were we were). We were traveling around 10knots, the winds were far stronger and there was some exposure to the Pacific's rougher seas. Spray was making it to the third deck, and the winds whipped the spray into neat whorls, the subject of this video.
- intel Core 2 Duo video playback performance it.s intel core 2 Duo hoirs all bios Quad Hind all biis is will dumf and colluded Whorls is all bioss Video Quad Noodles it you.s lofted CPU Kolsid intel Celeron 900 intel Pentium T4600 intel Core Duo T6300 1290x720p intel Core Duo T7600 1280x720p 1920x1080p intel Core Duo P8800 FREE1 1280x720p 1920x1080p 40920x2160p 4560x2560p HD intel Core Quad Q9000 FREE! 1280x720p 1920x1080p 4092x2160p 4560x2560p HD intel CORE 2 Duo P8800 #80 intel CORE 2 Quad Q9000 #80 P8800 Q9000 980X 2600K --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- YouTube ED+BD+VCB+MZTS+ TS. 80x60p 92x72p 128x96 160x120p 176x144 240x180p 320x200p 320x240p 320x240p 352x288 480x360p 360x480p 640x480p 720x405p 720x480p 856x480p 1280x720p 1920x1080p 2048x1080p 2560 x 1920p 3840 x 2160p 3073 x 2304p 4092 x 2304p 4096 x 3124p 4520 x 2540p 4520 x 3224p 5120 x 2700p 6000 x 4000p 7680 x 4320p 9334 x 7000p 28000 x 9334p Super Hi-Vision/ Ultra High Definition Video HD! RED Epic 617 - 28K --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HDTV 1080p (1920x1080p) Format: MOV Dimensions: 2560 x 1080 px Video codec: H264 Audio codec: AAC intel Core 2 Duo video playback performance 1080p HD ! HD!.AVI | Fill 1080p HD ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Youtube flash player + Advertisement + EdwinValdez HD!!.AVI Edwin ...
- Crystal Whorls Apophysis 2.06c Beta 3D Hack Animation of original flame here:
- Spindle Whorls of the Squamish and LIL'Wat First Nations Artistic representations of traditional spindle whorls used to process goats wool these things were right in the door of the cultural center in Whistler BC.
- Zombi - "Night Rhythms" I hope this comes out readable; I am typing this while mildly delirious and sneezing myself completely off of my bed, so it's a bit difficult to arrange my thoughts right now. Ugh. Last week, I got notification that my YouTube account was now enabled for uploads longer than 15 minutes. Immediately, this song came to mind as subject matter for a new clip, but I couldn't come up with anything off the top of my head that suited the epic nature of this track. A few days later, I watched a National Geographic special called 'Journey To The Edge Of The Universe' and realized about halfway through that I had found my source visual material. Those of you who are old space exploration geeks like me should find a lot of luscious (and heavily compressed) imagery here. Due to the length of the track, I was able to put in several minutes of graceful CG visuals of my favorite planets in here, as well as some mind-expanding drive-bys past tens of thousands of galaxies arranged in stupendous, beautiful whorls of light utterly beyond our grasp of scale. Interestingly, this video came together the easiest of any of the ones I have uploaded so far. Much like the fan-edited combo of Pink Floyd's "Echoes" and the "Beyond The Infinite" segment of '2001: A Space Odyssey,' it's striking at times how well the music naturally meshes with the visuals here, and thanks to the nature of the original Nat'l Geo program, I was able to do lots of long, lingering, unbroken tracking shots that really make ...
- KnitVLOG1: Ancient spindle whorl and how to use it A friend of mine shows you how to use an ancient Indian spindle to spin your roving into beautiful yarn.
- Humboldt Lily (Lilium humboldtii) A California/Oregon native, the Humboldt Lily grows six or more feet tall with large (up to 4") maroon/red-spotted golden/orange flowers having six stamens with orange-to-brown colored anthers and a single pistil. The leaves have wavy margins in whorls with about a dozen leaves per whorl. This lily prefers shaded moist areas in chaparral and oak woodlands, often near streams. It was named in 1869 after naturalist and explorer Alexander von Humboldt to celebrate his 100th birthday. This time lapse of over 1000 frames took nearly two days.
- Cocteau Twins "Pitch The Baby" The mysterious streaking whorls of light on the cover of the Cocteau Twins album 'Heaven Or Las Vegas' bring to my mind the fires of creation itself. In seeking to capture that vibe, this video was constructed entirely from a PBS program called 'Origins' that deals with the theories behind the formation of the Earth . This was a pretty straightforward project done completely on a whim, and I don't necessarily consider this one of my better efforts (I am especially annoyed with the picture freezing twice during the opening 30 seconds; a problem for which I could find no solution). That said, I think this project makes for a FAR better clip for this song than stills of people tossing infants in the air. Just sayin'.
- Justice - False Convictions & Joint Enterprise - Part3 Reasons are given for what happens when people are falsely accused or convicted. Sometimes people are convicted because they made a confession about something they simply did not do. Eyewitnesses often do not see or remember clearly enough to be really sure. Convictions should not be made solely on one type of evidence, but in cases of miscarriage of justice, other things may be 'made to fit' into a scenario which other people come to believe is what happened. If you know someone who is in prison, try to get some support for yourself too. See Part 1 for Miscarriages of Justice, and Part 2 for Joint Enterprise video. Visit for books and links to further information.
- Voyeur - War of the Whorls Latest and greatest from my new moniker: Voyeur. I will be performing this amongst other musical goodies in Las Cruces, New Mexico this Saturday 3/5 at the Darkness in the River Fundraiser. Check it out!
- Laser Theater from ThinkGeek No after-work dance party should ever go without a sweet laser light-show! This projector shines spinning and dancing red and green lasers in mesmerising whorls guaranteed to liven up any room!
- ground blizzard w/snow whorls filmed during lake effect snows in the hills above where I work . note the whirling snow that forms in the center and moves off to the right . best seen in large view -720p and pop it out -(selection is next to resolution setting, lower right corner)
- War of the Whorls [DOTR Fundraiser Demo] Here's what to expect 3/5 in Las Cruces at the Darkness in the River fundraiser at the Court Youth Center. A bit rough at the beginning, and the melodica will be better mic'd, but this is roughly what to expect from our performance. Enjoy!
- Superpitcher - More heroin In which the hottest label's brightest star Aksel Schaufler looks hard at two of his biggest tracks, "Tomorrow" and "Heroin" and decides a fresh sprinkling of magical Cologne funk is required. "More Tomorrow" seems to have Cath Dennis' Kyliepop masterpiece running around it's brain, spinning the poignant original on its head, ending with a resolute groover, roping in some tasty acid licks for guaranteed satisfaction. "More Heroin" builds and morphs in whorls, substituting genuine opiate house for the punked up original. "Time To Cry" is a more than bonus cut, think of New Order just before Low Life, with strings and the same world wearied vocal vibe. Supercool twelve. Buy here: www.zero-
- subtleworld The theme here is water energy's and motion... mini maelstroms, whorls, vortices. We are 70% if not 80% water ourselves, as much as we complain about the weather, we need it more than we seem to love it. I love the soft summer rain and its warm giant rain drops. The back beat for subtleworld came from a recording of myself doing a jog in a puddle of water at Coole Park, near Gort, in Co. Galway, home of Lady Gregory.
- Paso Fino colt - born 4.14.10 - neck whorls.MOV 2 week old Paso Fino colt shows unusual whorls on his neck - identical whorl on opposite side of neck
- Parts Arranged in Whorls Ashley Burton originally choreographed this piece with two dancers which premiered at Nuit Blanche. She was later approached by the York Dance Esemble to remount the piece utilizing several dancers. This is a video of its presentation at Sudbury Secondary in March '07.
- Spindle Whorls.VOB Master Carver, P'áwu "Johnnie Abraham" explains the replica spindle whorl, one of the main exhibits welcoming guests to the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre.
- Pond Snail, ( Lymnaeidae ), 170510 yt.wmv Pond Snail, ( Lymnaeidae ), The pond snails generally have a large last whorl and a number of smaller whorls forming a tall siender spire. The aperture is quite large and not closed by an operculum. Most species are shiny but drably coloured in shades of brown, yellow, and cream. The surface of the shell has fine lines and striations running parallel to the lip,... ( ID RSPB Wildlife of Britain the Definitive Visual Guide ),....
- Truth & Secrets about Horse Swirls & Wirls - Training Tricks - Rick Gore Horsemanship - Here I talk about the myths and science behind reading wirls (whorl) and swirls on on horses. Watching this video will make you a better horseman and will help you understanding of this complete and detailed study of this phenomena and I tell you the one special super secret that not many will share. Hope you enjoy this detailed look at Whorls on horse's head. In the video I say I will attached a link to that guy that has been studying swirls for over 30 years. Here is the link you have to click on the video listed on the left after you open link for the video to play. Enjoy. I also talk about my horse history page of my web site so here a link to that page if you want to read up of some of the other things I mention here. -
- An Unofficial Tour of the Hitchhiker Spinning Wheel Goes to show I need a teleprompter or something like it. Sorry for all the "ums" but I hope you find this unofficial tour helpful if you're considering getting a Hitchhiker spinning wheel by the Merlin tree for yourself. CORRECTION: In the part where I talk about the "mother-of-all" and swinging it out to change the flyer and bobbin - well, you only need to swing it out to the side when you're changing whorls.
- Frost flowers The white crownbeard (Verbesina virginica) is a native plant that grows in abundance a few hundred meters from the banks of Geronimo Creek, Texas. Typical mature plants are around 1.5 meters high, and some may reach 3 meters. Mature white crownbeards have large leaves on a single stem crownded by a canopy of small, white flowers. Crownbeards lose their leaves after the first frost. When the temperature is a few degrees below freezing, the stems of the plant rupture as frozen water emerges in delicate whorls and fans. The delicate ice sculpture may completely cover the 30 cm or so of the stem nearest the ground. As the temperature warms above freezing, the delicate ribbons of ice begin to melt and fall to the ground. In doing so, long segments of ice appear to rotate downward as their weight pulls them toward the ground. Large sections of sculpted ice may fall at once. Or the ice may drop to the ground in ribbonlike flakes no thicker than a business card. See the Gallery page of my web site for more: .
- Freeze Marking Horses The freezemarking process is a fairly simple one. An identification worksheet is completed for each individual horse noting color, height, ***, age, registration if applicable and all distinguishing marks including whorls, scars, color patterns etc. Laminated cards will be issued with this information as well as the owners name, address and contact information. Once the paperwork is completed, the irons are prepared with the breed registry and number, or the state ID number if applicable by being cooled in a chill box full of liquid nitrogen. While the irons are chilling an area on the horses neck is shaved with a 40 blade and the site cleaned with alcohol. The horse is sedated during this time to give the sedatives time to take effect. Once the irons are ready, the timer is set to the appropriate time and the irons are applied to the horses skin long enough to alter the hair shaft. A perfect freeze mark would have slight balding in the center surrounded by white hair. The site will swell initially, then after a few days will begin to scab over. Eventually as the dead skin sloughs off the site may itch some. Aftercare for the site is as simple as "do not pick the scabs". Once the skin has become smooth again, hair will begin to grow back in. It can take a hair growth season for the hair to come back in white but the marking will be easily visible if the site is kept coarse clipped with a 10 blade. Once the hair has grown back into the marking and the process is completed ...
- Wereju - Outside In Wereju is the dark ambient / drone / doom soundscapes of the Irish musician Cathal Rodgers from Offaly, who is familiar from the sludge / doom metal band Wreck of the Hesperus. Formed in 2006 (?). Cathals blurry, eerie drones have a lot in common with Aidan Bakers solo guitarscapes and the massive string tones of Fear Falls Burning, but this is darker stuff than either of those artists. Heavily processed feedback swells in tide-like form, deep and sonorous, and underneath the warbling ambience is a dark soundworld enveloped in shadow. Muted melancholy melodies appear and disappear, soft whorls of sound and far-off klaxon blasts carry over vast expanses of blackness, and reverberating strings hum suspended in the air. Every once in awhile, the sound will begin to overload and distort, and form into a heavy blackened Sunn O))) like drone, but mostly Wereju inhabits a realm of mysterious, drifting, meditative dark ambience
twitter about whorls
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about whorls
“Tips for hand spinning, weaving and fibre crafting with Ashford wheels and looms and Whorls at 12:14 PM 0 comments. Labels: Spinning Wheels. Home. Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) Links. Wheels and Whorls Shop. Categories. Fibre Handling Tips. Hand Spun Yarns. New Products. Spinning Wheels. Blog Archive”
— Wheels and Whorls, blog.wheelsandwhorls.co.nz
“I have heard about the whorls sometimes determining part of a horse's personality. Forum Hall of Fame. Re: Whorls . . Reply Contact. LOL, Mocha has two right next to each”
— Whorls . . - EquiSearch Community,
“Your_Description Cactus Blog. daily news and photography about cacti and succulents. and some california natives too "Drolly entertaining and informative at the same time." CSM. California Native Plants 05 Jul 2008 10:58 am. Lavender Whorls. Salvia "Allen Chickering"”
— Cactus Blog " Lavender Whorls,
“Equestrian news and information. Facial whorls (1/1) - Discussion Forums - General Discussion - Horsetalk Forum”
— Facial whorls - Horsetalk, horsetalk.co.nz
“Horse Forum " General Horse Chat " Hair Whorls on the equine forehead sure what direction the hair goes, but I do know the whorls are positioned in the same”
— Horse Forum: Hair Whorls on the equine forehead,
“err why not other high speed whorls on the mazurka? i juz got excited at the add on ratio possibilities until i scroll down( someone is selling a mazurka here!) did anyone had success doing that without any repercussion? Pugknits Blog. Eniyan. Chatty Knitter. 114 Posts”
— Knitter's Review Forums - Kromski whorls,
“Mystery Plant #2 - Dark green, oval leaves in whorls around light pink flowers (photo included now) - Plant Identification - Forum”
— Mystery Plant #2 - Dark green, oval leaves in whorls around,
“Big whorls have little whorls which feed on their velocity, Little Thread that it has been automatically locked. You may read it but not reply. Forum Search”
— The Game Creators - Forum - View Thread,