- Uranium ( /jʊˈr eɪn iəm/ yew-RAY-nee-əm) is a silvery-white metallic chemical element in the actinide series of the periodic table with atomic Uranium-238 is fissionable by fast neutrons, and is fertile, meaning. — “Uranium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- A company that has studied the economic impact of highway investments and airports will turn its focus to uranium mining in Virginia under a $200,000 socio-economic study commissioned by the state. — “Va. company to assess uranium mining impact - Wire - North”,
- The United States and Russia signed an agreement to conduct feasibility studies (FS) in order to convert Russian research nuclear reactors to using low-enriched uranium.This recent joint U.S.- Russian cooperation demonstrates the increasingly. — “Russia and United States Cooperating on Low Enrichment”,
- uranium n. ( Symbol U ) A heavy silvery-white metallic element, radioactive and toxic, easily oxidized, and having 14 known isotopes of which U 238. — “uranium: Definition from ”,
- Ux Consulting (UxC) publishes world nuclear fuel prices, uranium (U3O8), conversion (UF6) and enrichment (SWU), and handles all aspects of the nuclear fuel market: tracking uranium production, exploration, reactor demand, and utility contracting. — “UxC: Ux Consulting-The Nuclear Fuel Price Reporter”,
- Iran's use of local uranium could mean that Tehran may become completely self sufficient in its attempts advance its nuclear capabilities. — “Iran to use domestically produced uranium for first time”,
- Uranium stocks have been stellar performers this year, but the group has hit a rough patch in the past week and price action in the. — “Uranium Stocks Take A Breather After Recent Rally - Yahoo!”,
- Much of the world's uranium is from Canada, Australia and Kazakhstan. Uranium production is increasingly by in situ leaching. Output of uranium has generally risen since in recent years. — “Uranium Mining | World Uranium Mining”, world-
- Iran's nuclear energy chief Ali Akbar Salehi says his country has produced its first batch of yellowcake uranium, the material used for enrichment. Salehi said the development 'strengthens' Tehran's position in the next round of nuclear talks,. — “VOA | Iran Says It Has Produced Its First Yellowcake Uranium”,
- Russia and United States Cooperating on Low Enrichment Uranium Initiative. The United States and Russia signed an agreement to conduct feasibility studies (FS) in order Hathor releases results on uranium site - The Star Phoenix, 09-Dec-10. — “U3O8.biz - The Business of Uranium - Thu Dec 9, 2010”, u3o8.biz
- Uranium was found to be first used in yellow-colored glass, which 235U, while occuring in natural uranium to the extent of only 0.71%, is so fissionable. — “Uranium”,
- Uranium Energy Corp. (UEC) has started production at its Palangana in-situ recovery (ISR) uranium project in South Texas—the first new ISR uranium mine in the USA in five years. UEC's next milestone will be regular deliveries of uranium-loaded resin beads to its Hobson processing plant in South Texas,. — “TradeTech - Uranium Industry Headlines”,
- Everett's land package contains 25 radioactive anomalies in the same strata where Uranium was discovered in the past. The Department of Energy (DOE) believes this area has the most significant potential for large sandstone hosted uranium deposits than any other place in the Morison formation. — “Uranium Miner - the 3rd Uranium Boom”,
- Saeed Jalili told reporters that Iran's right to enrich uranium is non-negotiatble and can't be part of discussions during Dec. 6-7 talks with Yellowcake is processed into uranium hexafluoride, which later can be turned into a gas used as feedstock for enriching uranium. — “: On eve of talks, Iran says it's mining own”,
- Uranium is approximately 70% more dense than lead and is weakly radioactive. Uranium-238 is both fissionable by fast neutrons, and fertile (capable of being transmuted to fissile plutonium-239 in a nuclear reactor). — “Uranium”, schools-
- On November 11, 2010, at about 5:00 p.m. a protest action against the ongoing prospecting for uranium in Lernadzor started in Kapan, city in south of Armenia. About 2000 people, mainly Kapan citizens, are participating in the rally, NEWS.am sources reported. — “New Uranium Mining Projects - Asia”, wise-
- Federal and Navajo officials say that $14.5 million from a bankruptcy settlement with a chemical company will help address contamination at dozens of uranium mine sites on the reservation. — “Settlement covers Navajo uranium survey | Flagstaff, Ariz”,
- Uranium - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Uranium”,
- The half-life of uranium-238 is about 4.5 billion years and that of uranium-235 is 700 million years, making This property of uranium-235 and to a lesser degree uranium-233 generates the heat needed to run nuclear reactors and provides the explosive. — “Uranium - New World Encyclopedia”,
- On July 31, 2009 Titan Uranium acquired Uranium Power Corp. For more information on the Business Combination please see the press release. Titan Uranium's vision is to be a leading mid-tier North-American uranium exploration, development and mining company. — “Titan Uranium Incorporated - Home”,
- InfoMine: Uranium Mining Information - comprehensive and current data on uranium prices, uranium exploration, uranium mines and uranium markets. — “Uranium Mining - CommodityMine”,
related videos for uranium
- Kraftwerk - Uranium Kraftwerk's Uranium from the Radioactivity Album
- Depleted Uranium 1of4 poison dust
- Warren Smith - Uranium Rock 1958
- Juliya C. Interviews Coal Chamber for Uranium on MMUSA NEW SITE COMING SOON. JULIYA IS BACK IN THE SCENE (Mass media that is, as she never left "the scene") This interview is classic. Hey, everyone!!! I have a new fansite dedicated to Juliya and her career, etc. I have a ***LOAD of media on her, and I'm really hoping you guys will like it and continue to look at it everyday. I'm trying to entertain, and at the same time, I'm trying to raise money. The site kicks a lot of ass, so go on and check it out already!!! /EVERYTHINGJULIYA
- Thorium Revolt: Mineral to replace uranium as nuclear power source? An obscure metal that could energise our world... It's called thorium, it's eco-friendly, and there's lots of it. Many scientists say it could even replace uranium as a nuclear power source. But despite its potential, the metal is yet to gain a foothold in the market. RT's Laura Emmett explains why... RT on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- Uranium Conspiracy A secret agent and a mercenary make up an unlikely team trying to stop a shipment of uranium from falling into enemy hands.
- Magnetic Uranium - Periodic Table of Videos Would you buy a hard drive containing uranium? One of our team has made a significant breakthrough involving a uranium compound which acts as a molecular magnet. More chemistry videos at
- 'We'll see depleted uranium missiles thrown by Western aircraft on Libya' Follow latest updates at and Balkans expert Marko Gasic predicts Libya will become a new Iraq. He says that now that the cease-fire is needed for peace, that should be the aim of the mission. The mission has now become compromised, he says, and should be stopped as soon as possible.
- Israel put Nuclear Uranium into orange juice Juice laced with uranium is just one of many clinical trials allegedly conducted at Israel's Negev nuclear plant, claims investigative journalist Yossi Melman. Melman has accused the plant's management of forcing its workers to take part in life-threatening experiments for the sake of nuclear developments. They also claim the government and the military are involved in a cover-up of the tests. It's taken a decade for them to speak out, but workers at Israel's nuclear reactor facility claim their managers gave them uranium to drink -- as part of an experiment. With no medical supervision or explanation of the risks, the workers now want compensation. "They told me that the managers of the laboratory approached a few workers within the laboratory and asked them if they are ready to volunteer for a research that they are doing and when the said 'yes' they were asked to drink juices -- grapefruit and orange juice with uranium," Investigative Journalist Yossi Melman says. Professor Tzvi Bentwich is a doctor and human rights campaigner who says Israel still lacks the laws to protect its people against clinical trials like this. He believes the claims are plausible. "My guess it that the idea was to see what is the amount of uranium that is present in drinking water that is ingestible that would show by the regular detection methods bearing in mind that in this set up of the nuclear plant maybe workers or people that are there would be exposed food, water that may be ...
- Poison DUst: Depleted Uranium Kills -- US soldiers are returning from Iraq to die of "mysterious" ailments - and the depleted uranium (DU) poisoning scandal just won't go away, despite efforts to cover it up. Protesters in New Haven spoke out against the US military's use of DU, its effects on US troops, and cutbacks in veterans' medical benefits. The DU test costs $1000, so the US government won't test for DU poisoning. "More than 240000 Gulf War veterans are on permanent medical disability and more than 11000 are dead. They have been denied testing, medical care, and compensation for depleted uranium exposure and related illnesses since 1991," say reports. A US government study found that 67% of post-Gulf War babies have serious birth defects or serious illnesses. In Italy, eight soldiers home from Iraq died of cancer, probably caused by DU exposure. Today, Italy proposed new legislation to censor media covering the military. The new law would bar any reporting on the health effects of depleted uranium. Anyone who breaks the law could face up to 20 years in a military prison, including civilians. You thought they came home safely from the war. truth-
- Operation 'Uranium': Iran ready for nuclear swap with Russia The Iranian envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency claims Tehran is ready for a nuclear fuel swap deal, with Moscow. Ali Asgar Soltani says his country is prepared to exchange its low-enriched uranium for highly-enriched uranium, from Russia. The statement comes just as the latest round of closed talks on Iran's nuclear programme kicks off for a second and final day, in Istanbul. Tehran has been trying to avoid a direct discussion of its atomic agenda with six world powers, who want guarantees the Islamic state won't develop nuclear weapons. US officials say the most they're hoping for is an agreement to meet again.
- anti-flag depleted uranium is a war crime
- Officers arrested over Uranium consignment A storm is brewing in Mombasa over the apparent seizure of some 10 kilos of the explosive substance, uranium. Two police officers have been arrested in mysterious circumstances soon after they recovered the consignment. Human rights activists in Mombasa are now demanding answers from the police.
- Radioactive Man - Uranium (album version) Get your nuclear krump on.
- Talk - Leuren Moret - Depleted Uranium Leuren Moret, former scientist at Lawrence Livermore Labs, speaking about depleted uranium April 6, 2005 in Seattle. See Part I of this talk at
- "Using Depleted Uranium as a Weapon"(1-3) "Using Depleted Uranium as a Weapon" with the subtitle : "Putting our Troops and the Rest of the World at risk." A talk by Dr. Doug Rokke, member of US Army Medical Command's Special Operations during Gulf War 1, Produced February 23,2003 but as retinent to our time as ever
- US Army Depleted Uranium Training film (with edits) What hath we wrought? Depleted Uranium, affectionately known as DU is a carcinogenic heavy metal material that also emits alpha and gamma radiation. Ouside the body it's not too serious but inside the body it caused cancer and getetic birth defects in offspring. The symptoms of DU poisoning vary depending on what internal organ is affected. It can never be cured and DU will last in the environment for eternity. It is a waste material of the Nuke industry and in the battlefield it becomes aerosolized and thus its deadly dust particles become a permanent part of the world's environment. It cannot be cleaned from the environment--ever! Its use is unconsiousable and a crime against all humanity. The US is currently producing it by the railcar load everyday and shipping throughout the world.
- Balkans: Depleted Uranium in NATO Bombs Remains Deadly See the original video, by Ljubica Vujadinovic, here:
- finding uranium in nature i went to saxony (a part of germany) to find uranium 'in the wild' at abandoned uranium mines, dig sites and stockpiles. due to the increased uranium content in the earth's surface, saxony is a lot more irradiated than berlin, as you can clearly see in the video (although there are other means of contamination - such as the chernobyl accident - that can also be a cause for increased background radiation). this video also includes a visit to the uranium mine 'MARKUS SEMMLER' and, of course, me digging for (and finding some) uranium minerals. =) the radioactive minerals i found are uranocircite and autunite. they now have a new caring and loving home at my place. ps: i know it's not just uranium in there but a lot of other radionuclides that are within the decay chain, as well as the endproduct - stable lead. i just called it all 'uranium' for simplicity. :-) MUSIC: KRAFTWERK - RADIOACTIVITY
- Radioactive Man - Uranium Radioactive Man - Uranium EP
- Why Libya? 'Oil, gold, uranium, weapons tests mean long conflict in US plans' The war of intervention in Libya is yet another American illegal adventure, argues Keith Harmon Snow, an independent war correspondent. The objective, he says, secured access to Libya's significant oil supply, other mineral resources and defense testing. He says the argument of humanitarianism and stopping a "warlord" was a absolute nonsense. If that argument were true, he contends, there are far more brutal war criminals in African countries the US could have chosen to target. RT on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- Silent Killer: NATO denies depleted uranium bombs blasted Libya With the Libyan rebels rejecting an African Union peace plan, there seems to be no end in sight for the conflict, in the country. The opposition is still relying on coalition forces to help its cause, but it seems it could prove more of a hindrance. It's been claimed the allies have used depleted uranium, the substance which causes cancer and mutations in those affected. RT on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- Uranium - Periodic Table of Videos See some real life uranium in this new video about element number 92 - the so-called "bogeyman of the periodic table". Videos like this about all the elements at Our older video about uranim is at
- 'Depleted uranium deadly even for Libya rebels posing on burnt tanks' It has been claimed NATO forces in Libya have used depleted uranium in their attacks -- a substance which causes cancer and mutations in those affected. Libyan rebels could be seen climbing on a tank to celebrate one of the coalition's latest successful strikes, unaware of the silent killer they may have been breathing in. Depleted uranium in military terms is highly efficient -- relatively cheap and powerful enough to penetrate the heaviest armor. NATO flatly denies its use in Libya. Investigative journalist Dave Lindorff is not surprised by NATO's denial... RT on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- Uranium: Marilyn Manson (October 2009) Manson talks about his latest album The High End of Low and getting back together with Twiggy
- Talk - Dr. Doug Rokke - Depleted Uranium (DU) Talk by Dr. Doug Rokke, former head of the Pentagon's Depleted Uranium Project speaking about depleted uranium November 16, 2002 at University Baptist Church in Seattle.
- Depleted Uranium is being used in Libya? While NATO is establishing democracy in Libya with carpet bombardment, what will be the toxic toll on the people there? The US dropped thousands of depleted uranium bombs upon Fallujah, Iraq in 2003, and the aftermath since has been catastrophic. Are they repeating the action in Libya? Conn Hallinan is a columnist with Foreign Policy in Focus and says it's just a very bad idea. Follow Lucy on Twitter:
- *** Uranium - Periodic Table of Videos We use Nitric Acid to remove the oxide layer and show you some pure Uranium. More chemistry at
- Depleted Uranium - The Ultimate Dirty Bomb Depleted uranium is considered a weapon of mass destruction and is banned for use in warfare by international law, yet the US and Israel use it routinely. The US military has used thousands of tons of depleted uranium in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq sickening civilians and its own soldiers by the tens of thousands. Depleted uranium contaminates food, water, air and land forever. It's the ultimate "dirty bomb." For more information about this video go to:
- 'Iran's uranium a problem for UN, not the world' Iran's first nuclear power plant is now powering up in the southern city of Bushehr under the strict control of the UN's atomic watchdog. That's amid international concerns over Iran's nuclear ambitions. The fact that Iran is starting its own nuclear facility has drawn enormous attention from foreign countries. Seyed Mohammad Morandi, a professor of politics at Tehran University, believes that it is only the UN which has issues with Iran -- not the whole international community.
- system of a down on uranium system of a down on fuse's uranium
- Report Finds Troubling Rise In *** Uranium Enrichment Jean Anne Whorton goes Beyond The Facts to find out how many ***s are illegally enriching uranium and selling it to rogue states.
- Depleted Uranium - Iraq June 1999 The effects of fallout from depleted uranium shells used in the First Gulf War is a matter of controversy. What is the reality of DU pollution in Iraq? In the hospitals of Basra doctors are speaking of a crime against humanity. Flicking though his casebook from the last four years, Doctor Abdul Karin shows pictures of babies born without skin, with over-sized heads and with noses where a mouth should be. Doctors here firmly point the finger of blame at the Allies' use of Depleted Uranium shells during the Gulf War. Over a million rounds of the weapon were fired during the short and decisive round of bombing. Favoured for its armour piercing qualities, a DU bomb penetrates its target with intense radioactive heat, incinerating its victims. "It's ...a flash, bang sort of toaster," describes Nuclear Consultant John Range. Once detonated DU particles remain radioactive for 4000 million years. Irradiated particles travel on the wind polluting water and soil and entering the food chain.
- System of a Down Uranium Interview 2002 The first Uranium interview with Serj and Daron of System of a Down. Juliya gets her ass handed to her. Quite the watch.
- Greenpeace: Left in the Dust - Uranium Mining Uranium mining by French nuclear company AREVA poses a serious threat to the environment and people of northern Niger in West Africa.
- DEPLETED URANIUM IN THE HUMAN BODY: Sr Rosalie Bertell, PhD (snowshoefilms series #1) Epidemiologist Rosalie Bertell (PhD, biometrics)explains the effects of the weaponized DU on the people of Iraq and the planet. In subsequent parts of this series, Dr. Bertell offers readily-accessible ways to detox some heavy metals and poisons from the body.
- Save the Uranium-233, Explore Space, Save Lives Google Tech Talk January 13, 2011 Presented by Kirk Sorensen. ABSTRACT Uranium-233 does not exist naturally, but about a ton of the stuff was transmuted from Thorium-232 at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the 1960's. Some people would have us blend this exceedingly rare element with natural uranium for disposal. However, Uranium-233 can be used in an advanced nuclear reactor with interesting properties. Uranium-233 is the cleanest burning fissile material. Employed as an initial fuel load for a Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor, this small supply of Uranium-233 can be the match to ignite a process that produces a huge supply of electricity along with small quantities of useful fission products. In particular, the LFTR produces small amounts of Plutonium-238, essential for NASA's deep space missions; Technetium-99m, exceedingly valuable for medical imaging; and other specialized isotopes used in cancer treatments. Nuclear power reactors can be engineered to produce many valuable materials through transmutation belying the term "nuclear waste". Kirk Sorensen is chief nuclear technologist at Teledyne Brown Engineering in Huntsville, Alabama. He has been researching the nuclear fuel cycle for many years in connection with a strong interest in thorium as a planetary energy source. He is also a PhD student in nuclear engineering at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville under Dr. Laurence Miller. He runs a blog called "" and is active in the Thorium ...
- Uranium bombs in Libya? US, UK 'habit of deploying radioactive arms' There's a suspicion that armour-piercing, radioactive weapons are being deployed by foreign forces on Libya. The US says 'it's not aware' depleted uranium's being used, while the UK's flatly denying it. Political observer Christoph Hoerstel says NATO's chief members have a habit of using uranium weapons - and it's likely Libya's in line. RT on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- Uranium 238 This is a nice sample of near-pure Uranium-238. It is nearly one-hundred percent pure BECAUSE it has been processed so that most of the usable Uranium-235 is taken out to be used for fuel or weapons. I bought it from United Nuclear. There is 5 grams of it inside the vacuum pouch (which I do NOT open in this demonstration). *EDIT: Cool! 1000 views as of November 17, 2008! Keep up the good work, people! : )*
- Zot - Uranium Video for the song Uranium, recorded on November 12, 1984. From the Zot website at perrin3.com Director: CD Taylor Producer: Francie Moore Executive Producer: Randy Phillips Design Arts Productions Zot are: Randy Wayne: Vocals, keyboards Patrick Knowles: Guitar, vocals Chris Stewart: Drums, vocals Bryant Simpson: Bass, vocals
- Depleted Uranium Training Video- DU is a WMD Depleted Uranium IS a WMD- Depleted Uranium (DU) weaponry meets the definition of weapon of mass destruction in two out of three categories under US Federal Code Title 50 Chapter 40 Section 2302. DU weaponry violates all international treaties and agreements, Hague and Geneva war conventions, the 1925 Geneva gas protocol, US laws and US military law. The US has illegally conducted four nuclear wars in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and twice in Iraq since 1991, calling DU "conventional" weapons when in fact they are nuclear weapons. DU weapons are very effective kinetic energy penetrators, but even more effective bioweapons since uranium has a strong chemical affinity for phosphate structures concentrated in DNA. See here- Iraq to sue US, Britain over depleted uranium bombs- www.presstv.ir BBC article avoids mentioning DU-Disturbing story of Fallujah's birth defects- Fallujah doctors report rise in birth defects- US Forces' Use of Depleted Uranium Weapons is 'Illegal'- Why Weapons Containing Depleted Uranium Are Illegal- Dennis Kucinich on Depleted Uranium- Depleted Uranium- Depleted Uranium Situation Worsens Requiring Immediate Action By President Bush, Prime Minister Blair, and Prime Minister Olmert- Depleted Uranium Dust - Public Health Disaster For The People Of Iraq and Afghanistan- www.globalresearch.ca
- Uranium radiation threatens people of Niger Greenpeace reports that high radiation levels have been found on the streets of Akokan in Niger due to its proximity to uranium mines owned by Areva.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about uranium
“Forum Uranium Corp. (TSX VENTURE:FDC) and Cash Minerals Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CHX) are pleased to announce that a Heads of Agreement (HOA) has been signed whereby Cash Minerals Ltd. can acquire an option to earn a 60%25 interest in Forum's North”
— Forum Uranium Signs Option Agreement With Cash Minerals to,
“Listen to live and archived indigenous uranium forum talk radio podcasts on Blog Talk Radio - the leading talk radio network”
— indigenous uranium forum talk radio podcast,
“VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - 05/05/10) - Forum Uranium Corp. (TSX-V:FDC - News) and Cash Minerals Ltd. (TSX-V:CHX - News) are pleased to announce that a”
— Forum Uranium Signs Option Agreement With Cash Minerals to,
“Forum's uranium exploration properties have been selected based on their proximity to Forum Uranium has entered into an agreement with Mega Uranium Ltd”
— : Forum Uranium Corp,
“The article on this company has not been written yet. If you're the first person to write this article, it's a sure thing that you'll be credited”
— Stock:Forum Uranium Corp (FDC),
“Blog to help tell of efforts to halt use & production of uranium & depleted uranium But the primary activity was a forum on depleted uranium (DU) presented by Drs. Assad and”
— Uranium Contaminaton Blog, du-
“Australian Uranium Blog. Comments on this blog should never be taken as investment advice uranium bug contained a very interesting snippet: China will be”
— Australian Uranium Blog: Comments on this blog should never, .au
“Although the forum focused on the uranium developments being proposed at Mount Taylor and and Japan converged near Acoma Pueblo for the 7th Southwest Indigenous Uranium Forum in”
— CENSORED NEWS: Southwest Indigenous Uranium Forum a Success,
related keywords for uranium
- uranium stocks
- uranium etf
- uranium 235
- uranium prices
- uranium mining
- uranium 238
- uranium tour
- uranium half life
- uranium ore
- uranium one
- uranium stocks list
- uranium stocks to buy
- uranium stocks etf
- uranium stocks nyse
- uranium stocks news
- uranium stocks canada
- uranium stocks quote
- uranium stocks symbol
- uranium stocks japan
- uranium stocks bloomberg