- unreflective. un·re·flec·tive [ ùnnri fléktiv ] adjective. Definition: not given to reflection: not thinking or reflecting or resulting from a tendency to not think or reflect. un·re·flec·tive·ly adverb. Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P)2009 Microsoft Corporation. — “unreflective definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta”,
- R. Dumain reviews Reflexivity: The Post-Modern Predicament by Hilary Lawson. The original title, itself a bit over the top, was "On Unreflective Reflexivity, Or The Preciosity of the Self-Conscious Petty Bourgeois. — “Ralph Dumain: "The Autodidact Project": "On Unreflective”,
- Robert Wright, unreflective stereotype posted by Razib @ 8/30/2006 10: Robert Wright, unreflective stereotype. A few weeks ago I watched the Robert Wright Ann. — “Gene Expression: Robert Wright, unreflective stereotype”,
- After eight unreflective years, George W. Bush has suddenly turned contemplative, arguing in a flurry of exit interviews that his record (as Mark Twain said of Wagner's music) is better than it sounds. He could turn out to be right -- but his. — “What Bush leaves behind - ”,
- Atheist Ethicist. A view of right and wrong, good and evil, in a universe without gods. Saturday, September 12, 2009. Conversation Topic 15: The Unreflective Atheist. I am away from my blog for a couple of weeks. This is an experiment in posting some conversation topics while I am gone. — “Atheist Ethicist: Conversation Topic 15: The Unreflective Atheist”,
- Unreflective thinkers lack the ability to explicitly assess their thinking and improve it thereby. In fact, unreflective thinkers are largely unaware of thinking as such, hence fail to recognize thinking as involving concepts, assumptions, inferences, implications,. — “ - Critical Thinking Development: A Stage”,
- An Unreflective Man. 13 Jan. By Patrick J. Buchanan. With his public approval where Harry Truman's stood when he left office, George W. Bush gave his last press conference yesterday. And like that predecessor he often identifies with, Bush showed. — “An Unreflective Man " Patrick J. Buchanan – Official Website”,
- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for unreflective in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “unreflective - Dictionary definition and pronunciation”,
- (Wealthy, irritating and stunningly unreflective) Mothers March 23, 2010 Moreover, they were all truly stunningly unreflective– to the point where one looks at the unjust division of labour and eventually thinks "well, you. — “(Wealthy, irritating and stunningly unreflective) Mothers”,
- Reflective and Unreflective Partisans? Experimental Evidence on the Links between differences across parties, and a relatively unreflective set of partisans whose presumably more. — “Reflective and Unreflective Partisans?”,
- Unreflective: Human Nature resources and information at . — “Unreflective”,
- I. Unreflective Ethnocentrism and Cognitive Imperialism. In a widely circulated cover his "unreflective ethnocentrism" demonstrates absolutely no awareness that in some of the. — “Against Cognitive Imperialism”,
- We found 14 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word unreflective: unreflective: American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language [home, info] unreflective: Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary,. — “Definitions of unreflective - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Unreflective - Definition and More from the Free Merriam”, merriam-
- In this cultural and market environment, it is a special pleasure to come across some virgin pop marginalia, that is, old and obscure cultural objects that have yet to be sucked up by the culture industry and re-packaged as the latest commodities. — “Bad Subjects: Medical English for German Doctors”,
- US Ambassador says UN is "Twilight Zone" Unreflective of Reality NEW YORK, May 1, 2006 () – The US ambassador to the UN confirmed this weekend in an interview what many pro-life lobbyists have long known: that the United Nations is a world in which the normal rules of life do. — “US Ambassador says UN is "Twilight Zone" Unreflective of”,
- Definition of unreflective in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of unreflective. Pronunciation of unreflective. Translations of unreflective. unreflective synonyms, unreflective antonyms. Information about unreflective in the free online English. — “unreflective - definition of unreflective by the Free Online”,
- unreflective adj. Not reflective; unthinking. unreflectively un ' reflec ' tively adv. — “unreflective: Definition from ”,
- PREDICTING POLITICAL ELECTIONS FROM RAPID AND UNREFLECTIVE FACE JUDGMENTS The findings suggest that rapid, unreflective judgments of competence from faces can affect voting decisions. — “PREDICTING-POLITICAL-ELECTIONS-FROM-RAPID-AND-UNREFLECTIVE”,
- For fools and unreflective persons, she is and will be very noisy, this Fame', and talks of her immortals' and so forth: but if you will consider But perhaps, too, it is worth recalling where hasty, unreflective action has taken us in recent years.  Derived terms. — “unreflective - Wiktionary”,
- Unreflective Magnifying Mirrors - Get ready to see yourself in a whole new light thanks to Danny Rozen's amazing wooden mirror. Rozen's mirror is made up of no glass, ju. — “Unreflective Magnifying Mirrors - Danny Rozen's Magic Wooden”,
- Definition of unreflective from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of unreflective. Pronunciation of unreflective. Definition of the word unreflective. Origin of the word unreflective. — “unreflective - Definition of unreflective at ”,
related images for unreflective
- for the young genius s death The emanations from the higher cycles might be perceived with your subtle body Perhaps generation to generation each old brane migrates to a higher brane By the way at first I wanted to use the title The Starry Crow for my story as the other day I was looking at a crow admiring how black and unreflective he is and it struck me that it
- system Why incidentally is it relevant to the merits of a political party s proposals where its senior figures went to school It isn t of course so we must assume from The Mail s handy table not part of Stephen s article but of the news story that the paper s editorial voice is that of unreflective populism as if we didn t know May 20
- Unreflective reflections
- Unreflective pahaukatawa
- Article By Lawrence Ko Associate Director Arrows With Soul Pte Ltd Socrates said that the unreflective life is not worth living Continue Posted on July 1 2008 at 4 30pm
- Here s a unreflective render the floor still reflects though img5 imageshack us She s got 2 MG guns a full active camo 2 missile shot outs like the Bradley I m still thinking about where to put an actual Bradley gun
- Unreflective pahaukatawa Made in Filter Forge
- to be an example of the most unreflective score ever You see this approximately 1 hour film really does not deserve anywhere near a mark like that in fact it doesn t truly deserve a mark First of all let us tackle the title It sounds kind of cool vampire bound in iron even the cover gives that impression but no Ironbound is a region of Newark You see Tom Lane
- façon très surprenante les regardeurs dans un panorama vu de l extérieur Cette expérience de défamiliarisation du miroir devient l argument central dans Unreflective Mirror 2005 Adolfo Bioy Casares L Invention de Morel 10 18 Paris 1992 Préface de Jorge Luis Borges Morel s Panorama de Fujihata se réfère à ce roman 1940 classique de la réflexion sur le
- 50 VI The FIRST PARISH ROUND I soon began of course the visitation of my flock Although my title to youth was at that time undisputed and although the unreflective would have
- and bloodied hands Mardsen carefully reached down to the closest of the objects and began to unravel the fabric around it looking closely at the thing as if it as some long forgotten friend It was a helmet made of smooth and segmented metal that was tinted a very deep and unreflective violet color It was part of a suit of combat armor His old armor Null armor Fulcrum
- be as unreflective as possible The Samsung Startlight Touch Controls feature an On Screen Display OSD which has the buttons embedded into the screen These buttons illuminate when pressed The Samsung P2370HD including bundled remote The P2070 has a 1600 x 900 pixel resolution the P2370 has a 1920 x 1080 resolution The P2370HD also features the Full HD panel and sports
- this bill in any way focuses in the same way as the recent bill tabled in the other House this week That bill is totally unreflective of Canadian standards It is a cynical political Page 8700 piece of nonsense It did not address in any way the problem and it has ignored virtually all of the findings and recommendations of the Fraser commission The Attorney
- teased and stroked by young girls and by women There are hints of experimentation rehearsal play acting but essentially these are images of an unreflective hunger for intimacy Loving Bewick 2001 lithograph 67 x 43 cm As Jane would have it With Bewick on my knee I was then happy happy at least in my way In Loving Bewick Rego decodes Jane s relationship
- Masaki Fujihata Landing Home in Geneva installation dans l exposition Field Works Centre pour l image contemporaine Genève 2005 Masaki Fujihata Unreflective Mirror installation ASK Art Space Kimura Tokyo 2005 photo JLB Cet article a été publié par J L B le Lundi 7 avril 2008
related videos for unreflective
- POLICE ABUSE WORLDWIDE !!! RUSSIAN COPS BEATING WOMEN !!! PRIDE BEFORE THE FALL !!! The Mother's words to the daughter about how the talent represents the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and about how St. Benedict added to the gifts of the Holy Spirit given to him, and about how the Holy Spirit or the demonic spirit enters the human soul. Book 3 - Chapter 20 SAINT BRIDGET PATRON SAINT OF EUROPE The Mother speaks: "Daughter, it is written that the man who received five talents earned another five. What does a talent signify if not a gift of the Holy Spirit? Some receive knowledge, others wealth, others wealthy contacts. However, everyone should yield double profits to the Lord, for example, as regards knowledge, by living usefully for themselves and instructing others, as regards wealth and other gifts, by using them rationally and charitably helping others. In this way the good abbot Benedict added to the gift of grace he had received by scorning the goods that are fleeting, by forcing his body to serve his soul, by putting nothing ahead of charity. Anxious not to let his ears be corrupted by empty talk or his eyes by seeing pleasurable sights, he fled to the desert in imitation of that man who, when he had not yet been born, recognized the coming of his dear Savior and leaped for joy in the womb of his mother. Benedict would have gained heaven without the desert, inasmuch as the world was dead to him and his heart was completely full of God. However, it pleased God to call Benedict to the mountain so that many would come to know him and many would be inspired ...
- Spirituality for Tarot - Part I In answer to a very complicated question, I give the lay of the land for a grounding spiritual principle for Tarot. Cartomantic Tarot had a very unusual beginning & history that demands a strong foundation for its practice in order to circumvent unreflective appeals to authority or intellectual suicide by piling one assertion on top of another. In this brief two-part series, I share my grounding principles as well as outline practical strategies for establishing your own.
- Part 5 Rudolf Steiner: What Is Knowing? THINKING PERCEPTION OF THE IDEA Most people assume they are dealing with real things in a real world. The unreflective person regards his observations, as they first appear, to be things that have an existence completely independent of him. When he sees a tree he believes that it stands in the shape that he sees it, with the colors of its various parts, and so on, there on the spot that he is looking at. A reflective person becomes aware of the fact that we form mental pictures about the things and events we encounter. These pictures deflect our attention away from the world and toward our inner life of mental pictures. Psychology considers these pictures as only a representation of the real world created by our own psychological condition. These mental pictures will insert themselves between the observer and what exists outside in the world. A real world is no longer seen through the intervening world of mental pictures. How can we know anything of the outside world if the picture called up in our mind inserts itself between the real world and ourselves? If all I experience are "mental pictures", then my everyday life would be like a dream. But we cannot remain in this dream unless we intentionally close our mind to our desire for knowledge. By means of thinking we recognize the thing we could not see when we were blinded by mental pictures. It is the deepening of thinking that will awaken us from this dream. When I, as thinker, approach a ...
- Rhythm 3 (Untitled based on Alice in Wonderland) This is first and foremost an audio piece presenting a monologue (or dialog) with oneself. There is no diegetic sound and the soundtrack is created to be distant from the visual frame. The qualities of sound are unreflective of the physical characteristics of the space that the actor is in. This disconnect is purposeful to illustrate the separation of the mental self and the body. Based on Alices Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll the piece presents a noise-free white space as a metaphor for the mind. The conflict between sound and image creates a vivid auditory and visual rhythm that is representative of an internal conversation. The piece deals with self-exploration partly influenced by the fact that Im graduating this semester.
- Poems Opus One by Charles Bryant (11) Office Work Stuck all day in an office like a fly struggling on sticky paper I attempt to learn a lesson from my faltering, wavering desire to escape. It is not precise. That is, the fly, if only he could free his wings from the gummed-up mess in which he's got himself, could take to the air and go away and dry his body and then continue with his little life. But I? If I could extract my purer thought from the motley images, impressions, sights, impermanent words that constitute my suffering in the afternoon after office tea - what then? Would I, at that moment, flow like water from a cold dark rock and enter the sun-filled day? And is that what I want? The unreflective are like animals, cats or dogs, polar bears or tigers, playful lions. They do not think or wish. They are all appeasement of desire and thus cut off from all desire. Like a fly escaped from a manmade trap that dries and scrubs its wings and flies away knowing nothing of escape. I am not a fly nor am I unreflective, unknowing, undesiring. I am never appeased nor would I wish to be. If I must live in gaol or office, then let me know my bonds; or let me know that I may not escape; and thus enjoy the stricture of my cell. * * * * * * * * The prosey digressiveness of this poem might be said to perfectly mirror my office afternoon half-sleepy despair. I started work (in accounts, of all things!) shortly after I left school at six***. I continued in accounts in different but entirely similar companies until I ...
- Taurus zodiac horoscope taurus-star-sign- The Bull, Earth Sign, April 20 - May 21, Clever, reflective, attracted by perfumes and dealer in them, hated by women, slow to action, musician, self-confident, delicious drinks, happy meals, tactful, original, sociable, intelligent, prominent nose.Earthy, grounded, in touch with the body; sensual, pleasure seeking; stubborn, fixed, stands their ground; focuses and concentrates energy, gives it concrete expression, practical, provides stamina and persistence; slow, steady, methodical; fertile, productive; unreflective, content to simply be; spirit becoming involved with the material world. http The Bull, Earth Sign, April 20 - May 21, Clever, reflective, attracted by perfumes and dealer in them, hated by women, slow to action, musician, self-confident, delicious drinks, happy meals, tactful, original, sociable, intelligent, prominent nose.Earthy, grounded, in touch with the body; sensual, pleasure seeking; stubborn, fixed, stands their ground; focuses and concentrates energy, gives it concrete expression, practical, provides stamina and persistence; slow, steady, methodical; fertile, productive; unreflective, content to simply be; spirit becoming involved with the material world. Taurus, Sign, Personality, Zodiac, Star, Profile, the Bull, Earth, Taurus Sign, Taurus Personality, Taurus Profile, Taurus, Taurus Zodiac, Taurus Personality Sign, Taurus Star Sign, Taurus Zodiac Sign, Zodiac Sign, Taurus The Bull, Taurus Profile ...
- Working On God.....mpeg God or Deity is an honorary title that i and others choose to give to the eternal creative, generative, life force , the cause of causes, the movement from non life to life, the growth from non sentience to sentience, from unreflective consciousness to reflective consciousness, from tribal to global--the feeling that this universe simply is too much of a good thing to be merely an accident or happenstance. I don't know much, if anything, about the Deity. I don't know if the Deity is dead or absent or in drag. I do know that I see little or no evidence of the Deity actively intervening in the Universe. I don't know if the Deity is indifferent or even aware of our existence. I don't know if the Deity experiences the Universe through us. I suspect that if there is a Deity this Something is so beyond us that we really should be suspicious of anyone who says this is IT. This is the Deity Sure I have reasons for believing there is Something that I choose to call Deity or Creator. But these are not reasons that I could defend in a court or in a formal debate. I have no proof, no empirical evidence that would convince anyone other than myself. My reasons are personal and subjective, based way more on philosophy, literature, nature and intuition than on hard science. If an atheist or skeptic asks me for empirical evidence that demonstates my claim, I would have to answer honestly that I have none to offer. I cannot think of one absolutely overwhelming unambiguous force or event or ...
- ENDGAME PLAYED OUT !!! COMPLETE SLAVERY MAKE READY THY SOUL FOR JUDGEMENT REPENT PRAY PREACH !!! II The Mother's words to the daughter about how the talent represents the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and about how St. Benedict added to the gifts of the Holy Spirit given to him, and about how the Holy Spirit or the demonic spirit enters the human soul. Book 3 - Chapter 20 SAINT BRIDGET PATRON SAINT OF EUROPE The Mother speaks: "Daughter, it is written that the man who received five talents earned another five. What does a talent signify if not a gift of the Holy Spirit? Some receive knowledge, others wealth, others wealthy contacts. However, everyone should yield double profits to the Lord, for example, as regards knowledge, by living usefully for themselves and instructing others, as regards wealth and other gifts, by using them rationally and charitably helping others. In this way the good abbot Benedict added to the gift of grace he had received by scorning the goods that are fleeting, by forcing his body to serve his soul, by putting nothing ahead of charity. Anxious not to let his ears be corrupted by empty talk or his eyes by seeing pleasurable sights, he fled to the desert in imitation of that man who, when he had not yet been born, recognized the coming of his dear Savior and leaped for joy in the womb of his mother. Benedict would have gained heaven without the desert, inasmuch as the world was dead to him and his heart was completely full of God. However, it pleased God to call Benedict to the mountain so that many would come to know him and many would be inspired ...
- 2. Introductory Lecture Moral Foundations of Politics (PLSC 118) The trial of Adolf Eichmann, as presented in Hannah Arendt's Eichmann in Jerusalem, is the topic of discussion. Professor Shapiro asks students what made them uncomfortable, not only about Eichmann's actions as a *** officer, but also the actions of Israel in capturing, extraditing, trying, and executing him. This begs the questions, what makes a government legitimate? And more specifically, was the Third Reich illegitimate and was Eichmann breaking some kind of higher law? After class discussion, Professor Shapiro frames the five traditions that were introduced in the previous class as ways to answer this question of governmental legitimacy, and introduces John Locke, the topic of the next lecture, as a backdrop for these traditions. Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: open.yale.edu This course was recorded in Spring 2010.
- Funhouse Reflecting upon the minotaurs of empire ... (50 seconds) This is an original piece, written and read by the author, Charles Elliott/Beautyseer. Funhouse Minotaurs of empire, they -- lost in the mazes of their own making. Clueless without coalition, yet ready to strike anywhere. Believing themselves to be just ordinary, kind, gentle -- all their excesses merely the prerogatives of freedom -- they keep glimpsing in mirrors the bloodied, weaponed hands moving menacingly toward them. In their latest house of horrors, though, these unreflective monsters are the most terrified of all. Scream. All the while wonder who is screaming.
- Liturgical Abuse: Puppets (WCCTA 2008) Call to Action 'Liturgy'
- Soldat: Reflections of a German Soldier, 1936-1949 Book Review Sign Up for more Updates! http Check Out my Website! Interesting book that explains how a country can destroy itself at the hands of the miltary industrial complex. Editorial Reviews From Publishers Weekly This engaging, introspective memoir, coauthored with Bruslaw ( The Business Writer's Handbook ) offers insight into the thinking and attitudes of a Wehrmacht officer. Knappe served in the artillery during the invasions of Czechoslovakia, France and the Soviet Union and as a staff officer during the Italian campaign and the defense of Berlin. Though he had moral reservations about the Czech campaign and was troubled by his government's betrayal of its non-aggression pact with Russia, Knappe believed that his participation in combat was honorable and that the overriding purpose of the war was to correct the injustice perpetrated against Germany by the 1919 Treaty of Versailles. Only after he was captured by Soviet troops in 1945 did he begin to understand that he had been an "unthinking cog," accepting without question Hitler's might-makes-right philosophy. The memoir closes with an account of his release from a Soviet prison camp in 1949 and his reunion with his family in Leipzig. Knappe came to America in 1955 and is now a retired corporate executive in Ohio. Photos. Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. From Library Journal Knappe's Wehrmacht ...
- ProjectStorm Debunked: CERNand2012's CERN telescope image UPDATED: a quality version is being worked on to make the video simpler, enhance images and video dynamics in general. ProjectStorm's debunking of CERNand2012's CERN telescope image: Evidence #1: Differences in the angle of metal structures. Evidence #2: Differences in the height of camera which took the pictures which could not be possible if CERNand2012's image was from Hale Telescope. Evidence #3: Distinct light bulbs position. Evidence #4: Different structures (CERNand2012's image displays a dark-colored and unreflective structure whereas ProjectStorm's Hale image shows white and reflective structure). For those who intend to criticize me: I am only displaying my opinion, and I have facts to back me up, the same way you must have to back your own. Discussing with me will take the matter nowhere.
- Palin on "Blinking" Excerpts from Sarah Palin's interview with Charlie Gibson on blinking...
- Was Cam Newton Bribed to Play for Auburn? Cash and carry Heisman? Blame all the money-grubbers for turning voting into wait-and-see the ordeal I'm a Heisman Trophy voter, and, these days, I'm wondering. I'm wondering whom I'm voting for. I'm wondering what I'm voting for. Auburn quarterback Cam Newton had me locked up. How many times do we get a college quarterback who's 6-6, 250, can run like a tailback and throw like, well, a quarterback? Never. Back in the day, there weren't even defensive linemen Newton's size. What do I think about a gigantic dude who can run for 217 yards and two touchdowns one week and throw for 317 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions the next week? A kid in the top 10 in the nation in rushing, with a 182.8 passer rating? I hand him the Heisman. Except maybe not in Newton's case. The 21-year-old from Atlanta already left the University of Florida after he was involved with a stolen laptop that, for some reason, went sailing out of his dorm window as police arrived. Newton left the Gators, spent time at a place called Blinn College in Texas, where he led his team to the 2009 national junior college title, and then, boom, he was hot recruiting stuff all over again. The trouble is that now, more than halfway through the 2010 season, just after Sports Illustrated ran a glowing story about the young man and his apparent rebirth from the Florida unpleasantness and his mortal lock on the Heisman, it has been alleged that Newton went to Auburn only because his father was looking for the ...
- The Two Hands of God (Part 1 of 2) The aim of this video piece is to neither trivialise nor criticise the figures of Adolf Hitler or Jesus Christ. Both of their images are used here as representations of archetypal principles. The image of Hitler has become an icon, albeit a negative icon. It is hard to think of another persons image that carries the entire weight of a principle, ie the principle of evil. In contrast, the image of Christ represents, or at least did, the polar opposite principle of good. The image of Christ that I use here is of an 18th century Russian Icon.Through the course of the video the faces of Hitler and Christ merge in and out of one another in a slow and subtle manner, creating at times a synthesis or bi-polar hybrid of oppositional principles. The text spoken in the video comes from a transcript of a lecture given by the founder of ***ytical depth psychology, Carl Gustav Jung. The text discusses the reality of encountering the principles of good and evil in an ***ytical context and the amoral nature of nature. In ***ytical terminology, that which is in opposition to an individuals conscious viewpoint resides in their shadow, in their unconscious. The devil, from a psychological perspective, is a personification of all that contradicts ones conscious point of view. Even if the contradictory position is good, from a moral point of view, it will still appear as the devil to the perceiving consciousness. All separated opposites seek union with one other and this can occur in both ...
- Week of Hate: Angry Mobs @ Mccain/Palin rallies - Keith Olbermann comments At McCain-Palin rallies, the raucous and insistent cries of Treason! and Terrorist! and Kill him! and Off with his head! as well as the uninhibited slinging of racial epithets, are actually something new in a campaign that has seen almost every conceivable twist. They are alarms. Doing nothing is not an option. What makes them different, and what has pumped up the Weimar-like rage at McCain-Palin rallies, is the violent escalation in rhetoric, especially (though not exclusively) by Palin. Obama launched his political career in the living room of a domestic terrorist. He is palling around with terrorists (note the plural noun). Obama is not a man who sees America the way you and I see America. Wielding a wildly out-of-context Obama quote, Palin slurs him as an enemy of American troops. By the time McCain asks the crowd Who is the real Barack Obama? its no surprise that someone cries out Terrorist! The rhetorical conflation of Obama with terrorism is complete. It is stoked further by the repeated invocation of Obamas middle name by surrogates introducing McCain and Palin at these rallies. This sleight of hand at once synchronizes with the poisonous Obama-is-a-Muslim e-mail blasts and shifts the brand of terrorism from Ayerss Vietnam-era variety to the radical Islamic threats of today. Obama can hardly be held accountable for Ayerss behavior 40 years ago, but at least McCain and Palin can try to take some responsibility for the behavior of their own supporters in 2008. Whats ...
- Spirituality for Tarot - Part II In answer to a very complicated question, I give the lay of the land for a grounding spiritual principle for Tarot. Cartomantic Tarot had a very unusual beginning & history that demands a strong foundation for its practice in order to circumvent unreflective appeals to authority or intellectual suicide by piling one assertion on top of another. In this brief two-part series, I share my grounding principles as well as outline practical strategies for establishing your own.
- The Two Hands of God (Part 2 of 2) The aim of this video piece is to neither trivialise nor criticise the figures of Adolf Hitler or Jesus Christ. Both of their images are used here as representations of archetypal principles. The image of Hitler has become an icon, albeit a negative icon. It is hard to think of another persons image that carries the entire weight of a principle, ie the principle of evil In contrast, the image of Christ represents, or at least did, the polar opposite principle of good. The image of Christ that I use here is of an 18th century Russian Icon. Through the course of the video the faces of Hitler and Christ merge in and out of one another in a slow and subtle manner, creating at times a synthesis or bi-polar hybrid of oppositional principles. The text spoken in the video comes from a transcript of a lecture given by the founder of ***ytical depth psychology, Carl Gustav Jung. The text discusses the reality of encountering the principles of good and evil in an ***ytical context and the amoral nature of nature. In ***ytical terminology, that which is in opposition to an individuals conscious viewpoint resides in their shadow, in their unconscious. The devil, from a psychological perspective, is a personification of all that contradicts ones conscious point of view. Even if the contradictory position is good, from a moral point of view, it will still appear as the devil to the perceiving consciousness. All separated opposites seek union with one other and this can occur in both ...
- Stop in the Name of Love It seems to me that a lot of the discussion around morality is based around assumption s(or possibly hopes) about what a person would do when confronted by a moral choice. Many people seem to be saying that, should they find themselves in a situation in which they had the choice to behave morally or immorally then they would, of course, take the moral path. I have several reasons to think that this confidence might be misplaced. Firstly, none of us can be absolutely sure what we will do in any given situation, particularly a high-stakes situation, until we have arrived there. We might know intellectually that the majority of people do behave morally but there is no way of knowing in advance (and certainly no psychological test) whether we are one of the select few who, when the security blanket of everyday life is taken away, do not behave like complete arseholes. Secondly, the whole idea that morality consists of being faced by clear conscious choices that we make in the full light of rational awareness seems incorrect. Personally I can't remember the last time I was faced with a moral choice that I had to think about at all, and it's only in retrospect that I sense the goodness or badness of choices that seemed obvious at the time. Many immoral acts, I suspect, are sleepwalked into, (although this does not consititute any kind of excuse). This raises a second speculation, to do with desirable states of consciousness and how they relate to morality. Many techniques for ...
- Part 4 Rudolf Steiner: What Is Knowing? LIVING THE UNREFLECTIVE LIFE Since childhood, we have gradually built up concepts of the objects that surround us, such as the concept "tree". At any moment the content of our consciousness will already be interwoven with concepts in the most varied ways. These concepts are added to our observations. When I see a tree, my thinking immediately reacts and adds the concept "tree" to the observation. I consider the "object tree" and the "concept tree" as belonging together. I am now conscious of a tree that appears before me. What would I be aware of if thinking did not react to add thought to my observation? Pure thought-free observation would be a chaos of sense data; colors, sounds, sensations of pressure, warmth, tastes and odors. Thinking soon connects specific concepts with these elements of observation to form the picture of the outer world that we first experience. We also experience our own inner world. We become aware of our feelings by observing them. And we become aware of our thoughts too, through observation. Our total experience consists of the sense data mentioned, and also includes perceptions, opinions, feelings, deeds, dreams and imaginations, mental pictures, concepts and ideas, even illusions and hallucinations. This makes up the facts of our experience. We designate the facts confronting us as pure experience before working on it with thinking. At the start, no fact of experience is given greater significance than any other ...
twitter about unreflective
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about unreflective
“add a blog post. my blog. recent. highest rated. most viewed. most liked. most comments audio. photo. blog. member. group. message. Further Reflections from an Unreflective Mind. Two”
— Further Reflections from an Unreflective Mind - Central,
“The blog's title represents a way of life where sustainability, quality and design are of environmental degradation and unreflective consumerism in many different societies”
— Sustainable is Good | Where design, lifestyle and packaging meet :,
“My Theory of Blogrolls is this: My blogroll reflects what I'm reading. Other people have other theories. There are blogrolls that are networking devices; I'm amazed how blogs that just started a week ago have blogrolls a mile long. And”
— FunctionalAmbivalent: Blogroll Update: New! Improved! With 40,
“Comments on: An Unreflective Man”
— Comments on: An Unreflective Man,
“Dearth of craft and reflection in contemporary memoir. August 16, 2005 | Comments Off. Lee Siegel considers what the rise of the poorly edited, unreflective memoir might mean for literature: American literary criticism, in its blindness to the”
— Dearth of craft and reflection in contemporary memoir : Maud,
“At the Red Brick Store, "So You Want to Get Published? A Few Writing Tips," a compact list of useful pointers for writers. Yes, if you are a blogger, you are a writer. It's the bottom of the barrel, self-edited By Dave Banack @ December 11,”
— Writing tips for the unreflective blogger - Mormon Inquiry,
“Here's the text of a letter sent this morning to the editor at Woman's Day magazine (don't ask why I was reading Woman's Day. I read whatever happens to be”
— Coerced, Perfunctory, and Unreflective Patriotism' | Acton,
“Robert Wright, unreflective stereotype posted by Razib @ 8/30/2006 10:40:00 PM blog because I have nothing to say, but I was pretty shocked that Wright behaved in such a manner even after addressing this tendency with Althouse. Open Thread. Contact Authors. GNXP forum”
— Gene Expression: Robert Wright, unreflective stereotype,
related keywords for unreflective
- unreflective thinker
- unreflective synonym
- unreflective solidarity
- unreflective thinking
- unreflective life
- unreflective definition
- non reflective mirror
- unreflective man
- non reflective consciousness
- unreflective dictionary
- the unreflective thinker
similar for unreflective
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- free online english dictionary
- ly adv
- free dictionary
- any rate
- wise man
- clyde haberman
- new york times
- recent years
- personal tools
- houghton mifflin company
- classical work
- dictionary of the english language
- unanswered questions
- word meaning
- the american
- american heritage
- princeton university
- reference library
- usage examples
- origin of the word
- dictionary definitions
- how to
- plato learning
- good life
- federal election commission
- ngp software
- life partner
- life time
- human being
- learning solutions
- human nature
- dictionary definition
- audio pronunciations
- search dictionary
- american heritage dictionary
- good fortune
- houghton mifflin
- spanish dictionary
- party identification