- people. Emergency unemployment benefits are likely to lapse shortly after Congress returns from recess next week, affecting upward of 2 million people by the end of the year. — “After holiday, lawmakers have two days to make unemployment”,
- Tess Vigeland talks to Marketplace's Mitchell Hartman about the choosing between cutting the deficit and extending unemployment benefits. — “Should unemployment benefits be extended? | Marketplace From”,
- .The Federal Reserve projected yesterday that a stubbornly high unemployment rate is going to stick around long after overstaying its welcome, Tags: New York Magazine, Unemployment, Missouri Department Of Labor And Industrial Relations, Osha, Black Friday, , Jobwatch, St. Louis. — “Benefits running dry; unemployment like Bristol?”,
- Big News on Unemployment. Includes blogs, news, and community conversations about Unemployment Can a sitting president win with even an 8 percent unemployment rate, the best that can be hoped for in 2012?. — “Unemployment : Pictures, Videos, Breaking News”,
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services unemployment benefits page. Provides information about filing for unemployment and unemployment compensation. — “JFS - Ohio Unemployment Benefits Online”, unemployment.ohio.gov
- Michigan Democrat Dale Kildee (5th District) told Michigan radio that he expects that Congress will extend federal unemployment benefits next week. However, Congress has only a two-day window to pass the extension before benefits expire on Nov. — “Michigan lawmaker says federal unemployment benefit extension”,
- Time is running out for thousands of Minnesotans who are collecting federal emergency unemployment benefits. News, Sports, Weather, Traffic, and the Best of Minnesota. — “Minn. Can Help As Federal Unemployment Runs Out " CBS”,
- Despite the Obama stimulus program, and the Federal Reserve's second round of quantitative easing, the real unemployment rate continues to rise, according to a recent government report. — “Pre-Recession Unemployment Rates Won't Be Seen Until At Least”,
- Congress has always extended benefits when unemployment was over 7.2%. Today's unemployment rate is over 9% and the lame duck session of Congress has so far failed to extend them. — “Millions Are on the Brink of Disaster, as Extended”,
- NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The unemployment rate is down in Davidson, Maury, Rutherford, Sumner, and Wilson counties. Saturday, November 27, 2010. — “Middle Tennessee Unemployment Rates Drop - Nashville News”,
- The United States went through its longest, and by most measures worst economic recession since the Great Depression between December 2007 and June of 2009. Unemployment insurance is a bedrock middle class program to tide families over during hard times when a worker loses his or her job. — “Failure to extend unemployment benefits unacceptable | The”,
- On paper, Mombasa is one of the richest of the 47 counties. But the county's leadership will be called upon to tackle the problems of drugs, inadequate housing, unemployment and piracy before they get out of hand. — “Daily Nation: - Provincial |Drugs, unemployment threaten”, nation.co.ke
- A study produced by Voices for Utah Children says Utahns of those ages are experiencing a 14.3 percent unemployment rate, which is better than the national average. However, unemployment for Utahns 16-24 is more than double the 6.3 percent unemployment for those 25 or older. — “Unemployment hits 16- to 24-year-olds hardest | Deseret News”,
- News about unemployment. Commentary and archival information about unemployment from The New York Times. — “Unemployment - News - Times Topics - The New York Times”,
- The government's weekly jobs report brought a bit of good news Wednesday, as the number of Americans filing for their first week of unemployment benefits sunk to its lowest level in more than two years. — “Unemployment benefits: Initial claims lowest since July 2008”,
- The number of people applying for unemployment benefits fell sharply last week to the lowest level since July 2008, a hopeful sign that improvement in the job market is accelerating. — “Unemployment drops sharply to 407K | The Times Leader, Wilkes”,
- Hyperlinked article discussing the economic cost, causes, and measurement of unemployment in society. — “Unemployment - Wikipedia”,
- Number of the day 3.8% That was North Dakota's unemployment rate for October, the lowest in the country and less than half the national jobless rate of 9.6 percent. As businesses across the United States struggle to. — “North Dakota unemployment lowest in country”,
- Halifax-Plympton Reporter - Last Thursday, (Nov. 18), the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development reported that the total unemployment rate dropped from 8.4 percent in September to 8.1 percent in October, the lowest unemployment. — “State unemployment rate drops to 8.1 percent - Halifax, MA”,
- IMPORTANT EUC and EB NOTICE: Unless Congress acts to extend the federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation program (EUC), some claimants will see an end to their unemployment insurance benefits when the program expires Nov. 30. Claimants on. — “Office of Employment and Training Unemployment Insurance U-File”, kewes.ky.gov
- The unemployment rate in the Milwaukee area held steady in October, as it did in nine of the state's 12 metropolitan areas, according to statistics released Wednesday - statistics that by the federal government's own admission are far less. — “Unemployment rate holds steady - JSOnline”,
- IMPORTANT Upcoming changes to data collected on unemployment duration The unemployment rate of persons with a disability was 14.5 percent, higher than the rate for those with no disability, which was 9.0 percent. — “Current Population Survey (CPS)”, bls.gov
- Information on Michigan unemployment insurance and benefits including online services, forms, help with MARVIN, fact sheets, and statistics for workers, employers, and others. — “Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency”, michigan.gov
related images for unemployment
- Source Projection from January 2009
- unemployment jpg
- gif | pdf
- the employment situation in this country or they didn t make any effort to dive beneath the surface of this report Because if they had they would see some pretty gory and ominous details Let s cut to the numbers The report s headline says the economy shed 85K jobs in December That wasn t quite what the market was looking for but it wasn t awful as the three month trend
- Clinton Created 23 million Jobs Bush only created 3 million And most of those have been gone now for a net loss under Bush HERE ARE THE FACTS Link Here the Chart
- The AP did not comply Click Here for Most Recent Unemployment Chart Click Here for Historical Unemployment Chart
- c070409unemployment jpg
- THURSDAY Stock check FRIDAY
- unemployment jpg
- After a US economic contraction turns around in other words when a recession ends unemployment often continues to rise http www mybudget360 com wp content uploads 2009 04 unemployment re
- The plight of the unemployed is front page news in this country and with good reason Millions of people have lost their jobs and and are now facing a very uncertain future What hasn t been
- 15 Taking Friends Out On the Government Plenty of unemployed people will bemoan their situations and make every effort to remind their friends and family that they re struggling to make ends meet without a job in this economy
- unemployment jpg
- No Comments →
- Posted on December 29 2009 by pressfish1 U S employers expect to hire more new workers in 2010 than they did in 2009 a sign the U S recession may be easing its grip research showed on Tuesday One fifth of employers plan to add
- currently has an unemployment rate of 9 5 percent Japan s has now risen to 5 5 percent and Spain s with a GDP of US$1 683 000 now has the world s highest unemployment rate at 17 9 percent
- Disabled individuals those who have been wounded as part of war those who have recently left prison and those who have recently left medical treatment institutions these groups of
- page press release No one in the press even bothers to understand them if the even know they are there Below is the this weeks press release with a couple of comments provided by me So while headlines trumpet declining continuing claims without asking if they are declining because people are finding jobs or because benefits are exhausted which can be gleaned from the
- unemployment jpg
- Reuters Pictures 13 minutes ago Protesters chant slogans in Siyathemba township outside Balfour July 22 2009 Protesters
- My old man added some Text to the graph to help us understand http i118 photobucket com albums o88 pharmericky Unemployment jpg Posted by
- November 6th 2008 at 4 38 pm The U6 unemployment measure has been around at least since 1970 NSA http www nowandfutures com images unemployment png SA http www nowandfutures com images unemployment sa png
- Last year s recession was quite a difficult time for everyone People have to loose their jobs move to different places and apply for another Although it is very difficult never give and
- Here s a historical chart So much for the notion things are getting better I keep hearing how this 1 84 trillion we dumped into the economy is starting to yield positive results
- Usually here at Gov Gab we re pretty good about making our posts all sunshine and rainbows and what not However it s not a big secret that there is a lot of not so pleasant stuff going on Food and gas prices are on the rise and so is unemployment The U S Department of Labor s July
- unemployment png
- unemployment1989 2004 png
- are already huge In Washington in little over a year we ve gone from record low unemployment to record numbers of people applying for unemployment benefits Writing the next two year budget should seek to stop the bleeding and avoid decisions today that translate into even greater costs tomorrow State
- years This means free time no money I figured I d write a post to mark the occasion I will accept the following at maria stickersanddonuts com job tips presents money condolences
- http www therazor org images unemployment graph jpg This does not look good at all
- Unemployment gif
- The Richmond Times Dispatch has prepared a graphic that helps explain how to seek unemployment benefits The graphic is based on information from the Virginia Employment Commission Click here to see the step by step process of unemployment benefits
- 1232 x 1632 612 × 792
- Fewer jobless
- greatest and longest period of sustained prosperity from the 1940s through the 1960s stalled out after 1972 Real wages stopped climbing corporate profits and stock values tanked and unemployment and inflation both soared For the rest of the decade ordinary Americans who had come to expect constant improvements to their standard of living found themselves instead
- Industry Employment Losses By Sector Manufacturing employment fell by 161 000 in March with widespread job losses occurring among the component industries Factory employment has declined
related videos for unemployment
- Unemployment Rate Primer Understanding how the headline unemployment rate (U-3) is calculated
- Massive unemployment could lead to riots says Dr. Brzezinski Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski was on Morning Joe this morning to discuss the economy, his suggestions for turning it around , and a warning about unemployment and class warfare.
- President Obama on Tax Cuts and Unemployment Extension The President makes a statement to the press after reaching an agreement with Congress to extend tax cuts for all Americans while also extending unemployment benefits to help those looking for work. December 6, 2010.
- Unemployment Falls to 9.0%, Only 36K New Jobs The unemployment rate dropped sharply last month to 9 percent, the lowest level in nearly two years. But the economy generated only 36000 net new jobs, the fewest in four months. (Feb. 4)
- Unemployment Benefits: The 99ers Even after an extension of unemployment benefits to 99 weeks, many of those about to go off the program are in a quandary. Scott Pelley talks to some of them in Silicon Valley.
- Unemployment Hits 16.5% (U6) Unbelievable inflation.us What the MSM won't report, U6 unemployment form the BLS, a government reporting agency, is the closest reporting they have for true unemployment. Can anyone say depression? This country is headed for a collision course with a brickwall if we don't get our heads out of out a**** right now!
- Unemployment TROCK ON! Buy the album for SIX BUCKS on CD: Or on iTunes: bit.ly Becky: If you like this video, please support me by checking out my own music:
- How to Survive Unemployment Expand the description and view the text of the steps for this how-to video. Check out Howcast for other do-it-yourself videos from Equilibrio and more videos in the Getting Fired category. You can contribute too! Create your own DIY guide at or produce your own Howcast spots with the Howcast Filmmakers Program at So you've been given the slip -- the pink slip. Take a deep breath, and do the following. To complete this How-To you will need: An unemployment benefits application Job-posting sites Ways to bring in money Professional courses Temp work Step 1: Apply for unemployment If you haven't already, apply for unemployment, even if you don't think you're eligible. Studies show that many people who are entitled to collect don't even apply. Step 2: Investigate other benefits Investigate benefits that may be available to you in addition to unemployment, like food stamps from the United States Department of Agriculture (see www.fns.usda.gov) and home heating assistance from the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (see ). Step 3: Cut expenses Look for creative ways to slash monthly expenses, like raising the deductibles on your insurance policies. If you're a two-car family, get rid of one car until you're back on your feet. Tip: Stop buying food until you've finished what you have. You probably can live off the contents of your fridge and cupboards for a few weeks without spending a dime. Step 4: Bring in some money ...
- Unemployment The cumulative insanity of being unemployed
- Presidential Press Conference on Tax Cuts and Unemployment Extension President Obama speaks to the press about a compromise reached with Congressional Republicans that will benefit the middle class by preserving tax cuts and extending unemployment benefits. December 7, 2010.
- Unemployment ***yzing unemployment data to show that "real" unemployment is worse than the headline numbers show.
- Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Serve As "Job Creator" Is Nancy Pelosi losing her mind? When did unemployment checks create jobs? If we follow her way of thinking we all should be happy with unemployment rate now at 9.8%, people shouldn't worry about jobs because unemployment checks will create it for them. Time to put this INSANE WOMAN in lunatic asylum! Unemployment checks "stimulate" the economy? Really?
- 16.8% unemployment rate also check me out on and
- Unemployment First part in a 4 part series examining unemployment. I think I can help, individuals get jobs and companies not lose them.
- Small Towns And Unemployment Elkhart, Ind. has been hit hard by the financial crisis, high gas prices, and the credit freeze. The town's unemployment rate has doubled in one year to more than 10 percent. Seth Doane reports.
- Unemployment compensation-- the new early retirement & 3rd rail of American politics Schiff Report video blog August 13th 2010
- State arms unemployment office guards All of Indiana's 36 unemployment offices are stepping up security and adding armed guards. The Indiana Department of Workforce Development said having guards at its offices is nothing new, but armed guards are a step to improve safety.
- Outsourcing Unemployment: Vanguard As American manufacturing went into decline, factories rose in China, and it quickly became the manufacturing center of the world. In some ways, China's workers were our employees, since they were making stuff for us. That is, until our economy collapsed. Adam Yamaguchi travels to China to look at how we've outsourced our unemployment. Watch Vanguard on Current TV Mondays at 9pm/8c. VIEW more Vanguard & SUBSCRIBE to the YouTube Playlist here...
- Peter Schiff: Americans must prepare for deepening unemployment, inflation and possible breadlines Rockstar Economist Peter Schiff tells RT's Marina Portnaya that Lehman Brothers failure was a success not a failure. He says Americans will face increasing unemployment, inflation, and possible bread-lines if government backed bail-outs continue.
- Unemployment rates State officials expect to see a drop in our unemployment rate in the coming months. Tuesday, the state released unemployment numbers and the rate in Indiana stayed the same at 10.2 percent.
- Decades of high unemployment likely Baker: Current policies more concerned with deficit than solving unemployment crisis
- Recession, Bond Bubble, unemployment insurance, my investments Schiff Report Video Blog August. 23, 2010
- The Unemployment Game Show: Are You *Really* Unemployed? from | Are you *officially* unemployed? The reported rate actually excludes millions of jobless Americans. To learn more, visit
- President Obama Signs Tax Cuts and Unemployment Insurance Legislation The President signs the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, providing tax cuts and unemployment insurance extensions to help middle-class families. December 17, 2010.
- Unemployment rates, consumer costs rise
- White House White Board: Tax Cuts, Unemployment Insurance & Jobs In this edition of White House White Board, Austan Goolsbee, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, discusses the President's compromise framework on tax cuts, unemployment insurance & job creation.
- Unemployment Expected to Grow Maggie Rodriguez speaks with economics correspondent Rebecca Jarvis about the expected rise in unemployment numbers for the month of September 2010.
- Unemployment Benefits Extension Clears Hurdle Legislation to restore unemployment benefits to millions broke free of Senate Republican delaying tactics on Tuesday. Senators voted 60-40 to move ahead on the bill, clearing the way for a final senate vote. (July 20)
- US Congress refuses to extend unemployment benefits Extended unemployment benefits for nearly 2 million Americans begin to run out Wednesday, cutting off a steady stream of income and guaranteeing a dismal holiday season for people already struggling with bills they cannot pay. Daniel Vision from the National Inflation Association says the United States economy will never recover as long as the government continues to distort the economy with economic programs like cash for clunkers.
- Tempers Flare As Unemployment Benefits Near Expiration Unemployment benefits for more than 100000 people in both Kentucky and Indiana could run out in a matter of days if Congress doesn't act.
- (Macro) Episode 18: Unemployment What does it actually mean to be "unemployed"?
- Alan Grayson Crushes GOP On Unemployment Benefits New TYT Facebook Page(!): Subscribe to the FREE Video Podcast on iTunes: bit.ly Follow us on Twitter: DISCOUNTS: FREE Movies(!): Note: The above two links are for TYT sponsors. Read Ana's blog and subscribe at: TYT Network (new WTF?! channel): Check Out TYT Interviews
- Unemployment Soaring Exponentially Using Google Insight Search to explore trends in US unemployment. It seems like unemployment is rising exponentially. This is not good for the stock marker. Use of Google Insight Search permitted for educational purposes.
- Unemployment Extension Coming? Democrats are finding it tough to get the votes needed to extend unemployment benefits to millions of Americans. Bill Plante reports.
- Jeremy Kyle - Unemployment Theme... Young unemployed youth infuriates Jeremy to the point where he just gives up on him. On a serious note, this clip is very sad.
- Inside Story - Tunisia's unemployment crisis Tunisians take to the streets for the second week. The protesters say they have been pushed to the brink by the high levels of unemployment in Tunisia. Is it just about the economy or are deeper issues driving the protests?
- 19000 have exhausted unemployment benefits By April nearly 19000 residents in Hamilton County will have exhausted their unemployment benefits.
- Unemployment rate growth from June 07 to Present day This animated map from shows the growth of unemployment rate for the past 2 years.
- Updated 07.15.10, The Decline: The Geography of a Recession by LaToya Egwuekwe (OFFICIAL) According to the US Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are nearly 31 million people currently unemployed -- that's including those involuntarily working part time and those who want a job, but have given up on trying to find one. In the face of the worst economic upheaval since the Great Depression, millions of Americans are hurting. "The Decline: The Geography of a Recession," as created by labor writer LaToya Egwuekwe, serves as a vivid representation of just how much. Watch the deteriorating transformation of the US economy from January 2007 -- approximately one year before the start of the recession -- to the most recent unemployment data available today. Original link: /geographyofarecession.html. For more information, email latoya.egwuekwe@
- How To Apply For Unemployment Expand the description and view the text of the steps for this how-to video. Check out Howcast for other do-it-yourself videos from Stabbey and more videos in the Getting Fired category. You can contribute too! Create your own DIY guide at or produce your own Howcast spots with the Howcast Filmmakers Program at The bad news is you've lost your job. The good news is you might be eligible to collect unemployment benefits. To complete this How-To you will need: Eligibility for unemployment benefits A claim to file Step 1: Find your unemployment office Find your state unemployment insurance benefits office. Just enter the name of your state along with "unemployment insurance" into a search engine. Step 2: See if you're eligible See if you're eligible to file a claim. Rules vary from state to state, but basically you cannot have quit your job or been fired for cause. How long you were employed, how many hours you worked per week, how much you earned, and your basic work history are also taken into account. Step 3: Apply for benefits Apply for benefits per the site's instructions. These days, you can register online. Be sure to have your social security number handy, as well as your former employer's address and phone number. Tip: If you are collecting Social Security or a pension, that may reduce your unemployment payments. Step 4: Follow the rules If you are deemed eligible to collect unemployment and begin receiving checks, make sure you ...
twitter about unemployment
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about unemployment
“Just Laid Off or unemployed? Find out how to file for unemployment, locate your local unemployment office and tons of tips to survive unemployment, get back on your feet, and find a new job”
— Unemployment Handbook Blog,
“The Federal Reserve has lowered the expectations for economic growth and is not expecting any significant change in the unemployment rate for the next couple of years: Unemployment is set to remain higher for longer than previously thought, according”
— Blog - Articles Tagged 'unemployment benefits' - OpenCongress,
“Extended Unemployment Benefits Update: The Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 stretched out the extended unemployment benefits eligibility date”
— Extended Unemployment Benefits Eligibility Restored,
“Unemployment Offices for people looking to file for unemployment insurance benefits”
— Unemployment Offices for filing unemployment insurance,
“United Steelworkers business, Campaign Spending, Chris Christie, Hamilton Project, high-speed rail, Jobs, John Kasich, Ray LaHood, Rick Scott, Robert Rubin, Scott Walker, Transportation, unemployment, unemployment rate " Older Entries. Get our blog feed via e-mail. Free Speech Zone (71)”
— USW Blog " unemployment,
“How Does Unemployment Work? These days plenty of people are dealing with unemployment. To wrap our heads around the concept of unemployment we need to define”
— How Does Unemployment Work?,
“And there in glossy 8"x11" sandwiched between the beauty and weight loss ads is the Holy Grail of my unemployment dilemma. With unemployment seemingly stuck at 9.6%, and the mid-term election behind us, I can only hope that the”
— Blogs | Survive Unemployment!,
“The government is telling us that the economic stimulus is working and the recession is over. But you wouldn't know it from looking at the unemployment numbers. While we may have dodged another great depression, unemployment is at its worst since”
— 2009 November Unemployment Rate Video - How is the,
“Latest posts from our members blogs at Unemployment Movement”
— Unemployment Movement,