- A typeface usually comprises an alphabet of letters, numerals, and punctuation marks; it may also include ideograms and symbols, or consist entirely of them, for example, mathematical or map-making symbols. For example, a given typeface such as Arial may include roman, bold, and italic fonts. — “Typeface - Reference”,
- Powers: Typeface has a variety of letter theme weapons including explosive letters he calls letterbombs and scrabble-like letters he uses to create words such as "sleep" to put his enemies asleep and such Also has use of a razor sharp "P" shaped. — “Typeface”,
- A typeface is is a selection of stylistically related letters which collectively comprise Typeface design also usually includes numbers and symbols which are designed to blend. — “What is Typeface?”,
- A typeface usually comprises an alphabet of letters, numerals, and punctuation marks; it The distinction between font and typeface is that a font designates a specific member of a type family such as roman, boldface, or italic type, while typeface designates a consistent visual appearance or style. — “Typeface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- In typography, a typeface is a co-ordinated set of character designs, which usually comprises an alphabet of letters, a set of numerals and a set of punctuation marks. In its widest sense a typeface could be said to be a set of design. — “Typeface - Academic Kids”,
- A typeface usually comprises an alphabet of letters, numeral s, and punctuation marks; it may also include ideogram s and symbol s, or consist entirely of them, for example, mathematical or map-making symbols. One still valid distinction between font and typeface is that a font may designate a. — “Typeface | ”,
- Definition of typeface from select computer dictionaries. The terms "typeface" and "font" are used interchangeably, but the typeface is the primary design, while the font is the particular implementation and. — “typeface - Computer Dictionary Definition”,
- Encyclopedia article about typeface. Information about typeface in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. typefaces, typeface design. — “typeface definition of typeface in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- In typography, a typeface is a co-ordinated set of letter designs, making a complete alphabet, and generally intended to be made into a font for printing or use on a computer display. The art of designing typefaces is called type design, being the occupation of a type designer. — “Typeface - Wikinfo”,
- typeface ( ) n. Printing The surface of a block of type that makes the impression. The impression made by this surface. — “typeface: Definition from ”,
- Definition of typeface in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of typeface. Pronunciation of typeface. Translations of typeface. typeface synonyms, typeface antonyms. Information about typeface in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “typeface - definition of typeface by the Free Online”,
- In typography, a typeface is a co-ordinated set of character designs, which usually comprises an alphabet of letters, a set of numerals and a set of punctuation marks. In its widest sense a typeface could be said to be a set of design. — “Typeface - Definition”,
- A specimen of the typeface FF Scala.  Alternative forms. type typeface (plural typefaces) (typography) The particular design of some type. A font, or a. — “typeface - Wiktionary”,
- This page describes the term typeface and lists other pages on the Web where you can find additional information. — “What is typeface? - A Word Definition From the Webopedia”,
- A typeface is a design for a set of printer or display font s, each for a set of characters, in a number of specific sizes. Typefaces often come as a family of typefaces, with individual typefaces for italic, bold, and other variations in the main design. — “What is typeface? Definition from ”,
- The Ultimate Typeface - American History Online Reference Guide In its widest sense a typeface could be said to be a set of design rules (i.e. a style, look or feel) in which any character can be conceived. — “The Ultimate Typeface - American History Information Guide”,
- Order the limited edition DVD today • Request a screening. Navigation. Home. About. Filmmakers. News. Media. Hamilton. Contact. Store. Donate. Kartemquin Films. Join the Typeface mailing list. Name. Email. Submit © 2010, Kartemquin Educational Films • Design by Dizzy Giant. — “Typeface | Great characters, both wooden and human”,
- Typeface: A community-built table of topics, including Tiresias, OCR-A font, and Junicode taken from Freebase, the world's database. The table is managed by the community, so. — “Typeface - Typefaces”,
- Typeface definition, face See more. Also called typeface, typestyle. any design of type, including a full range of characters, as letters, numbers, and marks of punctuation, in all sizes: Caslon is one of the most popular. — “Typeface | Define Typeface at ”,
- In TYPEFACE, letters are constructed from mathematically generated curves controlled by distinct variables that determine such parameters as x-height, slant, bowl curvature, and pen stroke. TYPEFACE was built in Processing using the OPENCV library for face recognition and blob detection. — “TYPEFACE”,
- typeface is a highly successful, award-winning, creative graphic design company. Located in the Wellington NZ. — “Graphic Design Wellington | Award Winning Design Company”, typeface.co.nz
related images for typeface
- les pe*** pixels qui perturbent vos magnifiques polices Vous pouvez même compléter les caractères spéciaux par exemple l umlaut ou certains caractères scandinaves Editez votre nouvelle police Puis je créer ma propre police aussi Comment Oui l outil de Cloanto
- typeface 07 jpg
- Silverlight Silverlight のライセンス同意書 日本語 ver 1 0 の表示 デザインってレベルじゃねーぞw
- Solution Lunar Module is a typeface inspired from early Nasa lunar shuttles
- pdmxcvl22c dovde typeface 048 jpg
- Bree A typeface with a strong personality Dancer By Morten Olsen
- typeface 2 jpg
- a typeface c gif
- No this is not a film narrating the sad life of a child who is continually ridiculed by his classmates for having a
- PyroVesten on 2 21 2009 8 40 31 PM This is a typeface I designed 99 of 6 9 months ago for a bit of fun Finally got around to making the final tweaks yesterday and whipped this up
- a distance then lean to the side of restraint and use more plain typefaces Typefaces without serifs the the little pointy things on the legs of the letters are even better
- due to the repetition of their assigned letters The typeface has five different families that utilise various currency elements such as figures buildings numbers symbols and stamps
- OpenType features and a wide range of language support Each font includes oldstyle and lining figures both proportional and tabular Created by Ludwig Übele from Den Haag The Netherlands Graphik I ended up drawing inspiration from all parts of the 20th century The heavy end of the family is based in part on Paul Renner s Plak a relatively obscure display typeface cut only
- BanjoTypeface gif
- Another reason to love stilettos photo ffffound
- Lacuna Italic which was chosen for it s forward clean energetic legible fresh nature one that reflects the business model as a whole Color Now that we had a typeface and logo concept for Ultimate Potential it was now time to choose the colors for the logo Below you can see just one 3 color combination variation of the
- Web Directions East 08 Eric Meyer Web Directions East Web Directions East 08
- Alphabet Based on my handwriting but if I didn t take the pen off the paper or draw over a line I d already created Just for fun Nightly Miracle
- Typeface small jpg
- in terms of design each typeface has different vertical and horizontal dimensions it is best to restrict your use of typefaces to a few common ones such as Helvetica or Garamond Fonts will also be affected by their size obviously with larger text being easier to read for those with visual difficulties In addition another factor to take into account is whether
- poster of typeface i had created at columbia
- The size of this work is 1280×720 intended to display on HDTV 720p
- Poster that classifies typefaces by seven major groups Slab Serif Serif Old Style Serif Transitional Serif Modern Sans Humanist Sans Neo Grotesque and Sans Geometric By Martin Plonka
- The size of this work is 1280×720 intended to display on HDTV 720p Due to realtime vector rendering requires high performance CPU Dual Core or faster Online Demo Page
- not a typeface you could get much use out of but an interesting idea nonetheless Click here to purchase Knot or here to see the rest of the offerings from Handmade Font via Uppercase
- Comments 0
- This is not a typeface WANK WANK WANK Tags
- owh yeah P
- p typeface 6 gif
- HAND PAINTED LETTERFORMS Hand painted letterforms refined into typeface using Adobe Illustrator Process was documented and developed into a book
- y not typeface jpg
- typeface eng gif
- Decoder An idea somewhat inspired by Akizdenz Grotesk combined with an irrational network of 90 degree angled lines and an inline inscribed o Edgewise
- typeface jpg
- This is a mono spaced typeface whose similar outline characteristics allows for what I hope to be interesting combinations and play via kerning and leading
- typeface 1 jpg
related videos for typeface
- TXT - tchoutchou typeface specimen see more: © écal - Jerome rigaud + Pierre Terrier
- Buzzed into "Typeface" Get a sneak peek at the documentary film "Typeface" with the film's director, Justine Nagan!
- animate typeface Jens wickelgrens final major project how to animate a typeface of a city that grows.
- Guess The Typeface My final animation project was inspired by a radio station called Typeradio. Two talented type designers, Cyrus Highsmith and Christian Schwartz play a game called "Guess The Typeface." Here, Cyrus is describing the typeface as Christian asks for clues. Medium used is paint on glass. SHOULD YOU WISH TO USE THIS ANIMATION PIECE FOR ANY SPECIFIC PURPOSE, PLEASE NOTIFY ME AT MONICAALISSE@. THANK YOU.
- Andalus Typeface Simulated Promo This is part of a final project in the Typography II class in Visual Design carrer. The typeface choseen was Andalus, this Typo AND the music ARE NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE. I DO NOT CLAIM OWNERSHIP OVER THE AUDIO AND THE TYPOGRAPHYCAL MATERIAL USED IN THIS VIDEO. ALL RIGHTS BELONGS TO THEIR OWNERS, AND ARE RESERVED. -(Sorry for my limited english)-
- Typeface Chicago Premiere Check out the scene at the sold out Chicago premiere of 'Typeface.'
- Vikram Typeface Introduction An animated introduction to a new typeface called Vikram, from Terrance Weinzierl. Visit for more information.
- A Typeface by (typography) Here's a preview of a typeface I've recently completed called 'Beginnings'.
- Akzidenz Grotesk - The History of a Typeface A short film about the world-renowned typeface 'Akzidenz Grotesk.' Music; Sigur Rós -- Glósóli
- Typeface (1/7) Typeface, a fictionalised journalism oddysey, starring John Shafer, directed by Matt Coleman, photography by Laurence Watson, shot entirely in the city of Durham, UK. Part One of Seven. Day One. The Article.
- Futura The Futura typeface. Set to music by Wolf Parade
- blood typeface design blood typeface created
- Scheduled Maintenance, A Typeface - type60.com Each glyph was designed to fit on a 3 wide by 6 high matrix. These tight restrictions prevented me from going with conventional letter-forms, I had to experiment with various optical choices, particularly with the W, M and Q. For more about this typeface and to download it please visit: type60.com If you like this can follow updates for type60 at I try to keep it relevant and useful.
- Typeface Official Trailer In rural Wisconsin, a lone employee waits in a cavernous old museum for visitors to come. A few individuals straggle in every few days and then, come Friday, the museum fills with life. Machines hum, presses print, artists buzz about. One weekend each month, the quiet of Two Rivers is interrupted as carloads of artisans drive in from across the Midwest. The place comes alive as printmaking workshops led by, and filled with, some of the nation's top design talent descend on the sleepy enclave. In a time when people can carry computers in their pockets and watch TV while walking down the street, Typeface dares to explore the twilight of an ***og craft that is freshly inspiring artists in a digital age. The Hamilton Wood Type Museum in Two Rivers, WI personifies cultural preservation, rural re-birth and the lineage of American graphic design. At Hamilton, international artisans meet retired craftsmen and together navigate the convergence of modern design and traditional technique. But the Museum¹s days may be numbered. What is the responsibility of artists and historians to preserve a dying craft? How can rural towns survive in a shifting industrial marketplace where big-box retailers are king?
- Typeface - Manda Rin Typeface at my first Manda Rin gig - Glasgow Barfly
- Second Making of a Typeface Segundo paso a paso en la realización de un typeface. Second making of a typeface. /typefaces
- NotCourier typeface on a sdlBasic example Just a sdlBasic example using svg sprites (loaded as png from imagemagick), using the NotCourier typeface
- INSPIRE typeface showcase for the typography class, last spring the typeface & video is by me - my first video in AfterEffect music by Xhale (aka Svarte Greiner) from Slugabed
- Let's call the whole thing off - typeface video Type video for Gail Anderson's class. We can only use typefaces to make a video clip of a song. Main typefaces used: Bodoni and Wingdings. Mariana Uchoa SVA 08
- sportlife typeface Sportlife typeface
- Change the Font Typeface in Internet Explorer 7 See a higher quality video on TechTutor.TV! The font typeface in Internet Explorer 7 can be changed so you can view and print all websites in the font that you want. Watch this video tutorial to find out how to change the font typeface in Internet Explorer 7. See higher quality tutorials all for FREE at www.techtutor.tv!
- Typeface Extra Scenes: The Most Ambitious Wood Type in the World Here's one of the extra scenes from the Typeface DVD - "The Most Ambitious Wood Type in the World: Louis Jean Pouchée" The collectors edition Typeface DVD features extra scenes and a slideshow of art from fans around the world inspired by the film. It also includes a Limited edition run of 1000 features letterpress poster by Hamilton Wood Type Museum Artistic Director Bill Moran.
- D&AD Fuse TypeFace "Standard TV Apparatus" We set out to create a unique typeface for Fuse magazine's 20th Issue. We were insired by a TV back piece which we found on the streets of South Beach. We then created the type out of that given object...this is our Story.....Hollaaaaa!
- Helvetica- a classic typeface Video no. 3 February 2008, Rochester UCCA University College for the Creative Arts lecturer and researcher, Curtis Tappenden, presents series of short Further Education lectures on the nature of language- and its power to change- for artists and designers.
- Soho Typeface Promotional Video A promotional video for my new typeface, Soho. For full details see /soho. Music and animation Sebastian Lester, 2007.
- Chocolade, A Typeface - www.type60.com I love chocolate, it's tasty stuff. So I've designed a cheap and cheerful typeface to express how I feel. For more about this typeface and to download it please visit: www.type60.com If you like this can follow updates for type60 at I try to keep it relevant and useful.
- Typeface Official Trailer In a time when people can carry computers in their pockets and watch TV while walking down the street, Typeface dares to explore the twilight of an ***og craft that is freshly inspiring artists in a digital age. The Hamilton Wood Type Museum in Two Rivers, WI personifies cultural preservation, rural re-birth and the lineage of American graphic design. At Hamilton, international artisans meet retired craftsmen and together navigate the convergence of modern design and traditional technique. But the Museum¹s days may be numbered. What is the responsibility of artists and historians to preserve a dying craft? How can rural towns survive in a shifting industrial marketplace where big-box retailers are king?
- Making of a Typeface The making of a typefaces character. Check it out at /typefaces
- FF Din typeface - Motion Graphics assessment I studied characteristics and history of the font FF Din for Motion Graphics 1 - as part of my bachelors of design in visual communication course. Music: Mylo - Muscle Car
- Typeface-The Movie Trailer Kartemquin is excited to announce that its latest release, Typeface, will have its Chicago premiere with a week run at the Gene Siskel Film Center beginning Friday, January 29th. The Society of Typographic Arts is helping to sponsor the Chicago premiere.
- Classification of Typeface There are several different classifications of typeface. This video will explore some of the more popular typefaces and their applications.
- typeface :-) smiley face One day I noticed that if I changed the font style of a smiley face :-) it actually changed the entire expression of that face. I did this with ton's of font styles to come up with this video. I thought it was kinda cool so I put all the face together with this music from a friend from Berlin. The music is by Pop Model /popmodelberlin but he has since changed the band. The original title for this video was: "typeface :-) smiley face" but I"m open to other suggestions.
- Discordance Axis - Typeface GRINDCORE'S GOD Lyrics : In the pilot tunnel Arranged printers blocks Slowly deranged Contours twice removed Amputated from myself Asbestos head rush Flushes memory Registration marks (Of) memory. People fonts Social Typeface Template Armageddon Scaled to one. Disposal protocols for a human typo In a library operating backwards !
- Three typefaces for mathematics Full video: river-valley.tv This paper examines the issues involved in the design of typefaces for mathematics. After a brief discussion of some of the typographic and technical requirements of maths composition, three case studies in the development of maths types are presented: Times 4--line Mathematics Series 569, a complement to the Times New Roman text types as set with Monotype equipment; AMS Euler, an experimental design intended to contrast against non--mathematical typefaces set with TeX; and Cambria Math, designed in concert with a new text face to take advantage of new Microsoft solutions for screen display and maths composition. In all three cases, the typefaces were created to show the capabilities of new technological solutions for setting maths. The technical advances inherent in each font are shown to be as central to its function as its visual characteristics. By looking at each typeface and technology in turn, and then comparing and contrasting the issues that are addressed in ! each case, it becomes apparent that even though certain challenges are overcome with technical advances, the need to consider the specific behaviours oftype in a maths setting remains constant. -- Daniel Rhatigan The University of Reading
- Sin City typeface animation This is the animation I did for the first project of my RMIT University, Advanced Diploma of Multimedia Interactive Media unit. It's a pretty simple 30 second flash typeface animation. Emphasis was on layout and learning basic tweening. The animation was put to the audio from Sin City.
- Monotype Imaging | Malabar typeface from Linotype | 2010 Short film commissioned to mark the release of Malabar Typeface. Typography is often thought of a technical subject however its close proximity to language means that it is very closely tied to human emotion and expression. These films were a way of both showing the font and hinting at the atmosphere or unique voice that you can create with a typeface.
- Robin Nicholas, Creator of Arial Typeface, Comments On Web Fonts
- GAMEFACE : Developing Typefaces for the Xbox 360 and Other Devices Google Tech Talks July, 15 2008 ABSTRACT The Xbox 360 game platform was released with a great deal of fanfare surrounding its new product design and user interface. The developers saw the need for a tight brand consistency with print, packaging, and product interface, and chose to commission a new typeface family for use throughout the brand. Steve presents the path to the Xbox 360's new look from the type designer's perspective: the evolution of the product, the design brief, the creative process, and the unique challenges of developing a font for less than optimal screen displays. Steve also discusses the business and technology of fonts, the work for the Android platform and, most importantly, why type matters in an age of multimedia and text messaging. Speaker: STEVE MATTESON STEVE MATTESON is the Director of Type Design for Ascender Corporation and has created fonts for use in various screen display environments and print publishing since 1987. A graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology, Steve has an extensive background in typography, design and printing which he has applied to his development of high quality typefaces. His work can be found in user interface designs (such as Windows Vista, Xbox 360 and Google's Android Platform); in publishing (such as Pescadero Pro, Andy and Endurance Pro); and for corporate branding (such as Symantec, Microsoft and Alcon Labs). He resides in Louisville, CO with his wife, 2 kids and 2 Labrador Retrievers. A partial showing of ...
- Neutra Face : An Ode On A Typeface (A Bearded Poker Face Parody) An homage to the Neutra typeface inspired by the song Poker Face by Lady GaGa. 'NEUTRA' is actually pronounced 'NOY-trah', but that escaped our knowledge in the fits of fun we were having doing this project. Word. download song here: lyrics (vocals may differ slightly): I lay it out like they do in magazines check out this typeface it's like smoking nicotine (I love it) using Adobe's not the same without a Mac if it was lead it would be lined up on a track oh,oh,oh,oh, ohhhh, ohh-oh-e-ohh-oh-oh I'll mock it up, show you what I got oh,oh,oh,oh, ohhhh, ohh-oh-e-ohh-oh-oh I'll mock it up, show you what I got You'll read my, You'll read my, You can read my Neutra Face (Even if it's bold italic) You'll read my, You'll read my, You can read my Neutra Face (Even if it's bold italic) Nnn-neutra face, nnn-neutra face nah nah nah nah Nnn-neutra face, nnn-neutra face nah nah nah nah Thought about Futura but the em space was to wide not even when condensed,believe me i've already tried Gill sans the G is wack when it's in lowercase Avante Garde you make me hard but like Helvetica you've been played oh,oh,oh,oh, ohhhh, ohh-oh-e-ohh-oh-oh I'll mock it up, show you what I got oh,oh,oh,oh, ohhhh, ohh-oh-e-ohh-oh-oh I'll mock it up, show you what I got You'll read my, You'll read my, You can read my Neutra Face (Even if it's bold italic) You'll read my, You'll read my, You can read my Neutra Face (Even if it's bold italic) Nnn-neutra face, nnn-neutra face nah nah ...
- Typefaces Experimental typography animation
twitter about typeface
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about typeface
“Eye, the international review of graphic design *** DIARIES [ ] Link: Eye blog " Typeface, the movie. New designers test old methods at [ ] May 26th, 2010 at 12:30 pm | by Leah. I seen this film a number of weeks ago and it brilliant. I opened my eyes to the world of letterpress”
— Eye blog " Typeface, the movie. New designers test old,
“Before the rise of the personal computers, the differing styles of lettering were comfortingly known as typefaces, and a font was just one variation”
— Your face type: Your typeface | Webfusion blog | Domain names,
“Andy Ellis and Piers Buckle, the award-winning editors of Men's Health and Men's Health Living magazines have joined to form an independent creative agency called TypeFace Media. With a combined experience of 20 years in graphic design, art”
— TypeFace Media, typefacemedia.co.za
“A blog about the day-to-day happeneings at Oslo Press; creators of unique wedding invitations in letterpress paper and laser engraved wood veneer”
— Oslo Press Blog – Unique Wedding Invitations in Paper and,
“FORUM. CONTACT. User / Developer Forum. Typeface in Sitefinity Menu. Patrick. 12 Apr 2010 9:34 I find Typeface working really well, except for one thing. Within a Sitefinity project I”
“Daniel Miessler's continuing journey to discover and share the interesting and beautiful things in our world for the purpose of increasing happiness and reducing suffering”
— Selecting a Typeface | ,
“In Praise of a Typeface: United. Posted by Alex 09/28/09. United by House Industries has Font or Typeface? Posted by Scott 09/27/09. Alex and I were discussing”
— typeface " ISO50 Blog – The Blog of Scott Hansen (Tycho / ISO50), blog.iso50.com
“They've also asked him to comment on a few examples of a typeface being used in completely different contexts. fact, but Garfield says that the typeface is "classic and built to last but also modern and spiky"”
— Typeface shock revelation,
“A creative community for the BMX world. Promoting photography, design, and art, while never forgetting our BMX roots”
— Typeface | Defgrip,
similar for typeface
- sans serif
- serif font
- typeface designs
- monospaced fonts
- serif typefaces
- proportional fonts
- type design
- digital fonts
- digital typefaces
- educational films
- limited edition
- kartemquin films
- typeface design
- typeface family
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- printing text
- primary design
- english dictionary
- serif fonts
- designing typefaces
- blackletter fonts
- digital typography
- commonly used
- serif typeface
- typeface designers
- bold face
- face to face
- general appearance
- ice hockey
- old style
- american type founders
- type foundry
- ff scala
- font family
- free dictionary
- english nouns
- personal tools