- tunnel n. An underground or underwater passage. A passage through or under a barrier. Obsolete . The main flue on a chimney Railroad transportation in the 19th – 20th century led to a tremendous expansion in the number and length of tunnels. — “tunnel: Definition from ”,
- Buy tunnels at BizRate, the best price comparison search engine on the web. Shop, compare and save when you buy online. — “tunnels - Online Shopping at BizRate. Black Friday Deals 2010”,
- Buried beneath downtown Tulsa, a system of secret underground tunnels were built to connect many of Tulsa's early skyscrapers. The tunnel system was designed at first for freight, but soon became a millionaires highway, protecting the wealthy. — “Downtown Tulsa Underground Tunnels”,
- This essay is based primarily on an article by John Earl called "The Dark Truth About the 'Dark Tunnels of McMartin' If there were tunnels in McMartin, then at least part of what the. — “THE UNDERGROUND TUNNELS OF McMARTIN PRESCHOOL”,
- Tunnels goes back to a trio format, creating a more sonically advanced project that features nine tunes composed by Percy and Marc. This recording stands out for its reinvention of the group's musical vision, and features the strong, fluid style of Tunnels' last drummer John O'Reilly Jr. — “Buckyball Music "Tunnels"”,
- So the elite are keeping silent about Planet X coming but have been busy building underground cities and interconnected tunnels - hmmmmmm? See a nuclear tunnel boring machine here. Check this map out found at. — “tunnels”,
- Underground tunnel for heatpipes between Rigshospitalet and Amagerværket in Denmark. Secret tunnels have given entrance to or escape from an area, such as the Cu Chi Tunnels or the smuggling tunnels in the Gaza Strip which connect. — “Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Between Omaha and Sacramento there are nine*** tunnels. Four of these are on the Union Pacific and fif*** on the Central. The tunnels of the Central Pacific are nearly all near the summit, where it crosses the western range of the Sierra. — “Tunnels on the Pacific Railroad”,
- The key to the success of the Vietnamese peoples in fighting America was their 150 plus miles of tunnels. At the end of tunnels and mineshafts were factories and foundries,. — “Tunnels of the World (Do or Die)”, eco-
- A disused railway tunnel now converted to pedestrian and bicycle use, near Houyet, Belgium A tunnel is an underground passage. In general, tunnels are at least twice as long as they are wide and are completely enclosed on all sides, save for the openings at. — “Tunnel - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Border Tunnels are a major threat to the United States. To protect us, Congress passed a law making tunnels illegal. That works Border tunnels are of three general types: Large and Deep, Small and Shallow, and lastly, those Connecting to Existing Infrastructure. — “Border Tunnels”,
- The Pratt tunnel system (Brooklyn, NY) consists of two tunnels. These tunnels are not especially noteworthy, however the latter tunnel contains the remnants of the pipe organ that used to be in memorial hall. — “College Tunnel Info”,
- 2048 bit RSA authentication encryption instead of 1024 bit 2048 bit RSA authentication encryption instead of 1024 bit. 256 bit AES tunnel encryption. — “E-Tunnels”, e-
- Chicago has been able to use tunnels to solve various infrastructure problems, thanks to an easily excavated layer of blue clay Even deeper flood control tunnels have been cut through bedrock, as part of the Deep Tunnel project. — “Tunnels”,
- Tunnels are useful for going under things you cannot move, or things You can't build a bridge over cities, stations or industries, but you can tunnel under them. — “Tunnels - OpenTTD”,
- This web site is being developed as an informal forum dedicated to the tunneling industry. Tunneling is a unique profession, it demands an inordinate level of skill and basic practicality that seemingly can never be taught only learned at first hand. — “Tunnels, Tunneling and Tunnel Boring Machines. TBM”,
- The fourth book in the Tunnels series, Closer, was published in the UK on 3rd May, and the third book, Freefall, was released in the US on 1st February. The Tunnels series features four*** year-old Will Burrows, whose life is turned upside down when his father suddenly goes missing. — “Home " Tunnels”,
- Find out how forces affect structures like tunnels in this hands-on workshop. Meet Miles Moffatt and Thomas O'Rourke, two engineers who get down and dirty with tunnels!. — “BUILDING BIG: All About Tunnels”,
- A guide to the tunnels of Matsushiro, Japan's underground WWII Imperial Headquarters in Nagano. — “WWII Imperial Headquarters - the tunnels of Matsushiro”,
- COULD THE PYRAMIDS, SACRED SITES, MOUNDS BE MARKERS FOR UNDERGROUND TUNNEL SYSTEMS AND CITIES " At places like Guatemala in the South Americas, tunnels have been mapped under the. — “Underground Tunnel Entrances, Inner Worlds, Hollow Earth”,
- These are the ingredients of the great mystery connected to a network of subterranean tunnels allegedly existing beneath the valleys and plateaus of South America. Enigmatic stories about these mysterious tunnels sound like something out of Arabian nights. — “"Stan Grist's resources for gold prospecting, metal detecting”,
- Acrylic saddle tunnel, 4 ga $11.20. Titanium anodized tunnel with threaded back, 2 ga gold plated tunnel with threaded back, 10 ga $6.49. Tunnel with spikes,. — “Tunnels”,
related videos for tunnels
- Time Lapsed Ant Farm - Tunnels in Antworks Space Gel Habitat Ant farms aren't just for kids anymore... I took these shots with a Nikon D300 every 60 sec for 4 days = 4500 photos. The ants are NOT harmed in this process - Beats by Dan'S - The Thing - "Got the Jazz"
- Joining the tunnel diggers in the Gaza Strip | Journal Reporter Tania Krämer joins the tunnel diggers in the Gaza Strip.
- Cu Chi Tunnels Made by Global Nomads Group Just 30 km from Ho Chi Minh City (or Saigon), hundreds of miles of narrow underground tunnels attest to the determination of the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War. These tunnels had a great role in facilitating Viet Cong control of this rural area, as Byron Miller and Jason Liquori report.
- Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - (1 of 10) from Playlist : Arcade Fire - Funeral (full CD) lyrics: And if the snow buries my, my neighbourhood. And if my parents are crying then I'll dig a tunnel from my window to yours, yeah a tunnel from my window to yours. You climb out the chimney and meet me in the middle, the middle of the town. And since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know, then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow. You change all the lead sleepin' in my head, as the day grows dim I hear you sing a golden hymn. Then we tried to name our babies, but we forgot all the names that, the names we used to know. But sometimes, we remember our bedrooms, and our parent's bedrooms, and the bedrooms of our friends. Then we think of our parents, well what the hell ever happened to them?! You change all the lead sleepin' in my head to gold, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn, the song I've been trying to sing. Purify the colours, purify my mind. Purify the colours, purify my mind, and spread the ashes of the colours Over this heart of mine!
- Disney Fact or Fiction: Disney World Underground Tunnel Myth Dispelling the myth that underneath Walt Disney World is a series of tunnels for the park.
- Cu Chi Tunnel Video We visit this place
- TUNNEL RATS VIETNAM WAR
- Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) (at Reading Festival 2010) | Part 11 of 16 Part 11 of 16 Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) at Reading Festival 2010. 2010-08-28 - Reading Festival, Reading, Berkshire, UK.
- Myanmar's secret military tunnel network - 25 June 09 New images have emerged showing the construction of a series of secret tunnels in Myanmar, reportedly built with North Korean help. The images broadcast by the Democratic Voice of Burma in Oslo show tunnels large enough for heavy vehicles to drive through. Al Jazeera's Veronica Pedrosa reports.
- The Arcade Fire- "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"- Spec Video Music Video The Arcade Fire Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) Merge Records Format: Super-8
- Project Subterrene and Top Secret Undergound Tunnels Under America i found some amazing findings of top secret tunnels and bases under America, check it out and you will be shocked at what i found, i have tied Area 51 , DULCE base and catalina channel uso sightings and mothman together and much more check it out please mothman url link tunnel url link
- Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - 2005/08/25 Live - 2005/08/25 - France - Rock En Seine Festival
- Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) (Unstaged) Arcade Fire live at Madison Square Garden in New York on 8/5/2010. Part of the UNSTAGED series presented by American Express. Directed by Terry Gilliam.
- Mars Has Glass Tunnels, UFO's and The Famous Face Mars Has Glass Tunnels, UFO's and The Famous Face. Examined By Richard C Hoagland.
- Living in the tunnels of New York City Carlos
- The Tunnel (2011) Trailer In 2007 the NSW government suddenly scrapped a plan to utilise the water in the disused underground train tunnels beneath Sydney's St James Train Station. In 2008, chasing rumours of a government coverup and urban legends surrounding the sudden backflip, investigative journalist Natasha Warner led a crew of four into the underground labyrinth. They went down into the tunnels looking for a story -- until the story found them. This is the film of their harrowing ordeal. With unprecedented access to the recently declassified tapes they shot in the claustrophobic subway tunnels, as well as a series of candid interviews with the survivors, we come face to face with the terrifying truth. The Tunnel also marks the first time that missing sound recordist, Jim "Tangles" Williams, speaks about his experience during those chilling hours... This never before seen footage takes us deep inside the tunnels bringing the darkness to life and capturing the raw fear that threatens to tear the crew apart, leaving each one of them fighting for their lives. Director: Carlo Ledesma Writer: Julian Harvey Cast: Bel Delia, Andy Rodoreda, Steve Davis Release: 2011
- Jesse Joyce on Pittsburgh Tunnel Traffic Jesse Joyce New York Based Stand Up Comedian tells story about getting stuck in Pittsburgh tunnel traffic.
- Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) (at Glastonbury 2007) | Part 8 of 9 Part 8 of 9 Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) at Other Stage, Glastonbury, Pilton, England 2007-06-22
- The video for "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)" by The Arcade Fire Great Arcade Fire video by the Neistat Brothers. This is one of the best music videos i have ever seen.
- Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) (at Rock en Seine 2007) | Part 13 of 16 | 720p HD Part 13 of 16 Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) at Rock en Seine, Paris, France 2007-08-24.
- Cu Chi Vietcong guerilla tunnels in Vietnam This is a visit from 1991 to the Cu Chi tunnels in Vietnam. These are the famous tunnels used by the Vietcong during the Vietnam War, allowing them to move secretly from the Cambodian border to the outskirts of Saigon, and the area in between. These tunnels had 3 levels and included meeting rooms, kitchens, hospitals, and more. Over 300 km of tunnels were created during the war, and a small portion is now a tourist attraction in Cu Chi.
- The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1(Tunnels) @ Lowlands The Arcade Fire live from Lowlands festival in the Netherlands
- Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood 1 (Tunnels) taken from the album "Funeral" on Rough Trade Records
- Tunnels at Glastonbury 2007 Arcade Fire perform Tunnels at Glastonbury 22/06/07
- WHO IS THE MASTER? (ROBERT ANTON WILSON) WHO IS THE MASTER WHO MAKES THE GRASS GREEN? film/interview by Edgar Pêra Lisboa 1994 Reality-Tunnels according to Master Bob a.ka. Robert Anton Wilson, from the Sub-Geniuz Zchool of Thought. Re-interpretation by Master Joçao Queiroz 7 min. 1996. Prize Tampere Festival
- Gaza tunnels going out of business Smuggling tunnels linking Egypt and Gaza have been called a lifeline for Palestinians during Israel's three-year blockade of the territory. But now that Israel is allowing many more goods into Gaza, the smugglers have started going out of business. More than 150 tunnel operations have closed in the last two months and thousands of people face losing their jobs. Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston reports from Rafah, where the once busy smuggling bussiness has turned strangely quiet. [July 16, 2010]
- Voices In The Tunnels - 48min Documentary Buy DVD Here: vod.journeyman.tv An estimated 5000 people live beneath the streets of Manhattan in a labyrinthine system of abandoned railway tunnels. Each day New Yorkers swarm through the underground unaware of the hidden community which uses the tunnels as their home. Voices in the Tunnels is a brave and eye opening film which goes in search of an urban legend and discovers it is more than myth. See Full Film Here:
- Ancient Gaza tunnels discovered Archaeologists digging at a site on Gaza's border with Egypt have discovered ancient tunnels in the same area as today's smuggling tunnels. They are believed to be a part of a hidden city that is estimated to be over two thousand years old. However, the excavation work is complicated by the blockade of Gaza as there is the constant risk of being caught in the way of an Israeli rocket strike on a modern tunnel. There is also a shortage of funding for adequate excavation and looters are a constant threat. Al Jazeera 's Bernard Smith reports.
- Tunnel of Death (Lefortovo Tunnel, Russia) The 3150 m long Lefortovo Tunnel in Russia is the longest 'in-city' tunnel in all of Europe. There is a river running over it and water leaks at some points. When the temperature reaches minus 38 degrees like it did last winter, the road freezes and the result is the attached video taken during a single day with the tunnel camera. Congratulations to the driver of the dual bus!! PS The music is called Avalon and the artist is Juliet. I actually doubt this footage is from one day, but the above note is word for word the original description I got. PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER VIDEOS!
- Hak5 - Secrets of Hacking SSH Tunnels, Port Redirects and More!!! SSH Feedback After bantering about our upcoming travels to Waynesville, Missouri and Toronto, Ontario and a little griping about zipit segmentation faults, we get into your feedback on recent SSH segments. Dzaztur recommends Gnome SSH Tunnel Manager. It's a sleek front-end for managing SSH tunnels, port redirects and more. Tunnel configuration is stored in a simple XML formal, great for portability, and the tunnels can be managed individually through one simple GUI. Thanks for the tip Dzaztur Lozo points out that Mac OS-X has SSH built into the terminal, much like Linux. So true. We banter with Paul-the-camera-guy about the Mac OS-X kernel, which turns out is XNU -- an accronym for X is Not Unix. So there ya go! Sp4m says if you're running Firefox over SSH you might want to look into remote DNS lookups. By default DNS lookups aren't done through the proxy. This can be resolved by typing about:config in the address bar, and enabling the network.proxy.socks_remote_dns setting. Thanks Sp4m. And Finally Post_Break from points us to Secret Socks -- a SSH Socks Proxy GUI front-end for Mac OS-X that he likes a ton more than SSHTunnel 1.6. [Edit: We made a mistake and called it Secure Socks in the segment] And finally we go kitteh before moving on... 00:36 Play Certificate Authentication for SSH In this segment Darren explains why certificate authentcation is a bajillion times better than password authentcation and demonstrates the configuration using Ubuntu 9.10 ...
- Canadore Wake Up - College kids Find a Secret Underground Tunnel we found a tunnel under the floor boards in our Rez house leading into next door so we pulled this lil trick off
- Seattle Bus Tunnel Buses operating in dedicated transit tunnels are very rare. One city where this is done is Seattle, Washington State, USA. Originally opening in September 1990, and wholly located within the city's 'free travel' zone the 1 & 1/3rd mile (2.1km) tunnels were originally served by a fleet of Italian Breda duobuses, with some services providing a direct link to the city's airport. It is in this guise that this film was made. The bus subway features 5 stations which opened on Mondays - Saturdays only. At the time of construction rail tracks were also installed for a future light rail service. Unfortunately despite this commendable forward thinking it was subsequently decided that part of the light rail line will follow a different alignment than the existing tunnels, so on 24th September 2005 the bus subway was closed for two year period of rebuilding. Most of the duobuses were actually withdrawn well in advance of the closure (with many being converted to pure trolleybuses for use on surface routes) and - amazingly - replaced with diseasal powered buses. (diseasal = disease diesel) In April 2005 local users were reporting on Internet discussion groups that the tunnels were often somewhat smelly from (what thinking people know to be) the poisonous diesel engine exhaust fumes. Whilst it is true that the buses are diesel electric hybrids they still needed to use the fossil fuel traction package whilst underground, although this was in a special 'hush' mode which means that the ...
- The Tunnel People A dark labyrinth that's home to people "under" Las Vegas.
- People & Power- Tunnel Trade- 02 Sept 07- Part 2 We investigate Gaza's top-secret, multi-million pound underground economy
- Egypt fails to block Gaza tunnels Egypt has built an underground metal wall to stop the smuggling of weapons and goods through tunnels into Gaza. It is an ongoing construction project, but it appears to have failed. The tunnels are still operating -- and that is because smugglers have found a way to break through the barriers. Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston reports from Rafah, on the border between Gaza and Egypt.
- The Rock - In the Tunnels 04 - The Rock - In the Tunnels
- Disney World Underground Tunnels (Myth or Facts?) Disney World Underground Tunnels (Myth or Facts?) -
- Disney Fact or Fiction: Tunnels Walt Disney Imagineering pulls back the curtain of secrecy to explain many of the myths and stories found within the Disney Parks.
- Proposed SR 99 Bored Tunnel Underground Simulation March 2010 The Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration, King County, the City of Seattle and the Port of Seattle, is leading a program to replace the Alaskan Way Viaduct section of State Route 99, which runs along Seattles downtown waterfront. For the viaduct section between S. King Street and the Battery Street Tunnel, there is an ongoing environmental process that is reviewing three alternatives previous cut-and-cover tunnel and elevated structure alternatives and a bored tunnel alternative recommended in January 2009. This simulation shows the bored tunnels proposed route beneath downtown Seattle and its proximity to other underground structures. A second Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement for this project will be published in fall 2010. More information regarding the Alaskan Way Viaduct replacement is available at The proposed SR 99 bored tunnel is being designed to withstand an earthquake that only happens every 2500 years on average (in the range of a 9.0 on the Richter scale) without collapsing. We have information on our website http describing how tunnel construction would affect properties along the bored tunnel's proposed route.
- Lovepig Lightshow Tutorial: finger rolls, tunnels, circle move Go to for all your lightshow neeeeds!! Use promo code "Lovepig78" to get a discount off your entire purchase and one free mircrolight!!! HAPPY RAVING i'll keep making these if i get enough feedback/ requests _____ It has been brought to my attention that a lot of top notch glovers don't want me teaching the circle move because its "sacred" or a "secret." I don't believe in this, i think everyone should be given equal opportunity for growth, besides this will give them all motivation to step there games up. Making the whole gloving better as a whole. WHO DOESNT LIKE IMPROVEMENT?
- Ferrari 599 GTO + Tunnels = AMAZING! A Ferrari 599 GTO going through tunnels. Photo gallery:
- The Rock -Movie- (1996) Original Soundtrack - IN THE TUNNELS In the Tunnels This is from the Original Soundtrack from the movie "The Rock". Movie by Michael Bay; Music by Hans Zimme (1996)
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about tunnels
“Cisco is Using Tunnels More and More to Solve Routing and Switching Design Problems I wrote a blog two years ago about how I could fix anything with a tunnel”
— From the Field: It's Time to Start Loving Tunnels | Network World,
“Home " Blogs " Rich Smith's blog. Secrets of Underbody Tunnels, Rear Diffusers and Venturis. Underbody tunnels, rear diffusers and venturis are common terms used to describe the contouring of a racing car's underbody. While largely hidden from”
— Secrets of Underbody Tunnels, Rear Diffusers and Venturis,
“Skylight and sun tunnel questions anwsered. Discover ways to harvest daylight. Natural light is healthy and economic alternative to electric lighting”
“Forum. Blog. Contact. Search. Links. Kirkbride Buildings " Blog " Traverse City Tunnels piece about the tunnels under the former Traverse City State Hospital's Building 50: The Tunnels Underneath Building”
— Traverse-City-State-Hospital * Asylum Architecture, History,
“< Blog:Memory Leak. Jump to: navigation, search. Fedora Linux supports setting bridges and tunnels through its startup network configuration scripts, even though the frontend (system-config-network) doesn't allow their creation or management”
— Blog:Memory Leak/Bridges and tunnels in Fedora - ,
“somewhere west of the WKML broadcast station on the top of a rocky hill i found 4 giant soldier ants(regular, not fireants) after killing them i found a hole in the ground similar to the size of a sewer manhole which led into a giant ant nest”
— Forum:Ant tunnels - The Vault, the Fallout wiki - Fallout,
“*I have 3 computers,A,B,and C at 3 different location. All of them has broadband internet access. *I have a 'VPN connection' created in Computer A to connect Computer B's IP AND a 'incoming connect”
— VPN Tunnels - General-Gateways-Routers-and-Firewalls,
“Fake flesh tunnels are the funkiest new accessories in town! Specifically designed for earlobe piercings, fake flesh tunnels have a standard stem size of”
— Fake Flesh Tunnels | Body Jewellery Shop Blog,
“Iowa's Enlightening Magazine: arts, entertainment, and culture for eastern Iowa. My Blog. Description of my blog. home. tags. Search. Feed. Tag >> Tunnels. World, Tunnels, Theater, Spirituality, Rustin Larson, recycled cabin, Politics, Poetry, Pets, paranormal activity, Paradise, Junk food, Iowa”
— The Iowa Source - Tunnels,