- Tramping. From .nz. Jump to: navigation, search. In New Zealand, long distance walking or hiking for at least one overnight stay is known as tramping. There are a number of walkways in New Zealand, however most of these are relatively short and can be walked in a day or less. — “Tramping - .nz”, .nz
- Helps groups of people with shared interests plan meetings and form offline clubs in local communities around the world about Tramping. — “Tramping Meetup Groups - Tramping Meetups”,
- In New Zealand, overnight hiking is called tramping. Trampers carry all their gear with them and tramp either to huts (there is an extensive system. — “Urban Dictionary: tramping”,
- Tramping for Treatment in New Zealand: April 23- May 8, 2010 Tramping for Treatment Travel Blog! We'll be posting our planning, humiliating stories, and travel updates before and during the. — “Colorado Tramping Troupe”,
- Tramping - 57 products for Tramping like The Territory Ahead Gamekeeper's Coat, Icebreaker Legless BF 260 - Women's, and MERRELL Men's Moab Mid GTX Hiking Boots, Beluga and find the best product by color, price, and user rating. — “Tramping - Compare Prices on Tramping in the Books Category”,
- Follow his account of this multi-day tramp and give it a go yourself. Rafting, tramping, mountain biking and mud spas are all on the agenda as Adam Weal gets wet n wild in one of New Zealand's adventure hotspots. — “Intrepid Adventure New Zealand”, intrepidadventure.co.nz
- Tramping In New Zealand. A tramper crossing a swingbridge over the Huxley River in the Tramping, known elsewhere as hiking or bushwalking, is a popular. — “Tramping in New Zealand | Tramping New Zealand & The World”,
- Dark Flash Animation based on spending the night night on the Devils Tramping Ground by award winning artist Edward Bain. — “Tramping”,
- Tramping is the New Zealand term for hiking, trekking, rambling or bush-walking, and was common in print and speech by the 1920s. Unlike mountaineering and hunting, the journey is at the centre of the tramping experience. — “Tramping - New Zealand tramping, clubs and culture - Te Ara”, teara.govt.nz
- Tramping (known in other countries as hiking, trekking or bushwalking) is a popular way to see New Zealand. Most national parks in New Zealand are administered by the Department of Conservation. The DOC offices and web site are very useful. — “Tramping in New Zealand - Wikitravel”,
- Tramping is possibly the most popular activity in New Zealand and is widely available throughout the country. Tramping is just Kiwi talk for hiking, trekking or bush walking. — “New Zealand Tramping - Go Visit New Zealand”,
- TTC comprises a wide age-range group of both ***es of out-door types that love walking, talking and tramping. Longer tramps of 3 to 10 days duration are planned and organised by the Club and by individual members. — “Taupo Tramping Club”,
- Auckland Tramping Club offers regular walking & tramping trips, a Ruapehu Skiing Lodge (Whakapapa, Tongariro National Park), Snow Craft Courses, and Waitakere Ranges Hut accommodation. — “Auckland Tramping Club”, .nz
- A blog about tramping for Christchurch, New Zealand based trampers featuring related links, skills, trips, and seasons. — “The Tramping Report”,
- Welcome to New Plymouth Tramping Club's website. You'll find lots of details about the club on this site, and As well as the planned member trips, we organise public tramps throughout the year, to help people get a taste of tramping within a safe environment. — “New Plymouth Tramping Club”, .nz
- Tramping pictures, videos and albums that take you on an armchair tour of the world we live in. — “tramping pictures, videos and albums”,
- Wanganui Tramping Club runs a variety of tramping trips and social events throughout the year and new and intending members are always welcome. The Club meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month (except January) at the Deerstalkers Hall at 100 Peat Street. — “Wanganui Tramping Club”, .nz
- Note: click on a word meaning below to see its connections and related words. The adjective tramping has one meaning: Meaning #1 : walking with a. — “tramping: Information from ”,
- Tramping, known elsewhere as hiking or bushwalking, is a popular activity in New Zealand. As tramping became popular these facilities were increasingly used by trampers. — “Tramping in New Zealand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of tramping in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of tramping. Pronunciation of tramping. Translations of tramping. tramping synonyms, tramping antonyms. Information about tramping in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “tramping - definition of tramping by the Free Online”,
- The Outdoor Club offers regular walking, tramping and general outdoor activities. Social activities are organised throughout the year. — “Outdoor Activites Club”,
- Tramping Links. Other Tramping Clubs In New Zealand. Milton Rotary and the Otago Youth Adventure Trust. Milton Rotary and the Otago Youth Adventure Trust, have for many years taken independent tramping groups on many of our "Great Walks", and other tracks. — “Other New Zealand Tramping Clubs On-Line”, otmc.co.nz
- New Zealanders commonly employ the word tramping, particularly for overnight trips. Hiking in the mountainous regions of Nepal and India is sometimes called 'trekking' New Zealand Tramper (http://www.tramper.co.nz/) - A website of tramping related information. — “Hiking - Definition”,
related images for tramping
- people2 jpg
- tramping jpg
- wcoastrivers jpg
- horseback tramping jpg
- tramping1 jpg
- Auckland and Manukau Tramping Club members test the new track Kimptons Track it s just 2 5 km long but an important part of Te Araroa s exit from Manukau City into the Hunua Ranges We
- a tramping the streets jpg
- Tramping Lake Manitoba jpg
- at the GBI Sports Club Whangaparapara Rd
- orwell tramping jpg
- Anthony tramping at Mt Ruapehu
- wanganuiview jpg
- colour tramping large gif
- Tramping jpg
- At times the ridge is so sharp you wonder how a tree could hold on
- View original image
- scraft2 jpg
- girls7 jpg
- A little early spring tramping 8 55 53 AM
- She s Tramping £65
- temple2 jpg
- swestland jpg
- franklin jpg
- cragie2 jpg
- マウント クック 奥 を望むフッカー バレーにて 弊社添乗員撮影
- sgoblin jpg
- while Lonely Planet has recently voted The Geon Art Deco Weekend as New Zealand s best festival event where everyone dresses up and performs a part Lifestyle and Outdoor Recreation Undeniably the lifestyle capital of New Zealand the city regularly features in the New Zealand media as the ideal place to escape the strain and stress of the main centres Watersports abound
- Greymouth New Zealand Tramping as they call it in NZ
- tramping 5 jpg
- npeople8 jpg
- tapisaddle jpg
- peela jpg
- Donna CROSS Acrylic Realistic loose © copyright controlled
- Tramping New Zealand
- tramping 6 jpg
- Tramping 08 jpg
- sven tramping jpg
- You currently have no items in your basket In Action Featured Products
- author photographers Shaun Barnett Rob Brown and Nick Groves who capture the sense of adventure and natural beauty of the tramping experience To view internal images please click here
related videos for tramping
- freeboard tramping this is my mate dan brown on the tramp, freeboarding. he hasn't bounced in a long while but his form is still not bad...
- Tramping Style - Eddie & the Movements This was the Road March song for the 1984 Carnival on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. Lead vocals were by Nick Friday. The song was first released in 1984 on the album Tramping Style. Eddie and the Movements later evolved into the Jam Band.
- Tramping the Streets - Instrumental Guitar - Frédéric Mesnier Download Sheet Music, Tab & MP3: http ---------------------------------------------- Composer: Frédéric Mesnier Performance: Frédéric Mesnier Guitar: Maurice Dupont Concert 1995 (France) ---------------------------------------------- On Facebook: On Twitter: ---------------------------------------------- An invigorating and swingy song. The first notes of this melody came to me when I was in Paris, walking along the crowdy streets, looking for nothing but feeling the pleasure to be alive in this wonderful city. Thank you for watching. Frédéric
- TRAMPING IN THE DARK (the BOUNCE by Dedicated Pictures) Shot in one evening @ Heminghallen, Oslo, Norway. Special thanks Heming IL for letting us use their trampoline hall. FOLLOW US: dicated- http (new website dropping soon) SHOT AND EDITED BY: Anders Stai Fougner FEATURING: Felix Usterud, Per Schøyen, Lars Bjørum, Magnus Solheim MUSIC: Adele - Rolling in the deep (Dirty Noise "Meets the Dubstep" Remix) John Legend - Rolling in the deep (Adele cover) CAMERA: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 550D LENSES: Canon EF 24-70L f2.8, Sigma 10mm f2.8, Sigma 10-20mm ACCESSORIES: Glidecam HD-2000 EDITING SOFTWARE: Final Cut Pro CC: Magic Bullet Colorista, Magic Bullet Looks
- Tramping in New Zealand A short film of all our hiking (or tramping as they call it) around New Zealand.
- Famous 4 Tramping trampoline accidents, trampoline tricks, trampoline wrestling, trampoline stunts, how to, cork, corks, misty, rodeo, underflip, sideflip, lincoln loop, kangaroo flip, dj flip, double back flip, double roll, double side flip, tramping, trampolining, tramp, jumping, high bounce, fat kids, funny,...
- Xtreme Tramping - The Lord of the Springs This mockumentary takes you into the dangerous world of underground adrenaline sports. Follow an elite team of Xtrampers as they search for the perfect backyard trampoline. The tricks, the tramps, the trespassing and the adrenaline all come to life in this hilarious comedy.
- Silage 2010. Mowing, Raking, Lifting and Tramping Video of second cut 2010 from start to finish, with Big M 400 mowing, Claas rake pulling in 50ft rows, Jaguar 960 lifting, various tractors with Redrock and Kane trailers and Komatsu WA320 with 16ft folding bucket on the pit.
- "Tramping around Middle Earth" Martin's photos around Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand (vacation) Preview of Martin's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand Entry Title: "Tramping around Middle Earth" Entry: "Since my last update I seem to have been speeding around NZ at a fair old pace trying to cram all the sights and activities into the time available. Us travellers just get so much stress! I hope I have your sympathy. From Taupo it was a very early start to drive to Tongariro National Park to attempt what is reputedly the best one day hike (or 'tramp' as it is called here) in the country - the 6 hour, 17km Tongariro Crossing. The route passes through alpine scrub between two semi-active volcanoes and up to craters and the bright green 'emerald lakes' (see pics). The landscape is stunning here and was used in filming some of the Lord of the Rings scenes. Unfortunately, it was quite misty when we were walking so there were only occaisional glimpses of the perfectly conical shape of Mount Ngauruhoe. It was also extremely windy and cold at the highest point, so Alison and I were glad to return to National Park village for a big meal with too much wine. From the park we spent a day driving to the capital, Wellington, via Wanganui and the scenic Wanganui River National Park. Wellington was in the grip of Lord of the Rings fever because the global premiere of the third film in the trilogy was due to take place a few ...
- Tramping, Bouncing, and Breathing Heavily In a disappointingly non***ual way considering the terminology. But is it poetics? I have no idea. I still don't understand how I seem to manage to bounce so much when I walk. lol A response to Freds walky talky tramping poetics project.
- Tramping Tawharanui Regional Park New Zealand Created on January 22, 2011 using FlipShare.
- Tramping New Zealand, Finding "The Rock Shelter" Tramping to a secret location, Tramping through Beautiful NewZealand bush
- Tramping up to Powell Hut Tramping up to Powell Hut in the Tararua ranges of New Zealand. This video gives you an idea of what the trip is like.
- Devil's Tramping Ground Part 1 Four college students spent the night at the Devil's Tramping Grounds to see if the legend was true. THIS IS NOT A HOAX.
- "Tramping through the heather" Triptalk's photos around Scotland, United Kingdom Preview of Triptalk's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Scotland, United Kingdom Entry Title: "Tramping through the heather" Entry: "Another ferry ride over to Scotland from Larne in Northern Ireland. I am getting to be a pro at riding these giant boats and know to head right for the video lounge for a comfy chair and relief from the crazy kids and loud talkers (do I sound grumpy?) I don't know if it is because I have been travelling for so long or if it is age, probably a combination, but I am finding that I just hate people. obviously, I don't really hate all people, maybe I just hate strangers and their noises and how they don't stand in line the right way...I guess I am just longing for a place to call my own so I can hide away sometimes. travelling leaves you very exposed all the time and I suppose that part of it is getting to me. But, alas, fun was had in Scotland!!! I first stayed in Ayr, nothing to get excited about, so immediately went to Arran Island, what they call "scotland in miniature". It was very pretty, lots of hills and heather and coast. I stayed in a nice bandb where the guy actually wore a kilt, which was a nice touch. Staying in all these bandbs you can't help your mind wandering to the idea of doing it yourself. well, he basically talked me out of it...for now anyway! Of course I did a long walk into the hills with the ...
- Tramping/stomping on trainers/sneaker pile in bball shorts (with spit) Join me, at - Thought I'd have a quick trample on my sneaker pile, and give me DCs some spit abuse like they deserve.
- Devil's Tramping Ground Part 2 On the road to Siler City. We reiterate, this is not a hoax. This is an actual documentary we made.
- Rich Hayes on the "Devil's Tramping Ground" Rich Hayes appears in WRAL "Tar Heel Traveler" segment on the Chatham County (NC) "Devil's Tramping Ground".
- Tramping Nelson Lakes Three Border Bushwalking Club members walked the Travers Sabine Circuit in January 2010
- Devil's Tramping Ground The ABC's, still yet to be completed! ABC Letter D: The Devil's Tramping Ground. Filmed & Edited by
- NC HAGS Devils Tramping Ground Investigation #3 NC HAGS Paranormal Observers Group Investigates The Devil's Tramping Ground.
- The Corrie Folk Trio --- Uist Tramping Song By request (I hope you like it!). The Corrie Folk Trio (Roy Williamson, Bill Smith, Ronnie Browne) from 1965
- Tramping through Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand This is a slideshow of photographs that I took in Abel Tasman National Park. Every year, my son and I leave "the women" behind and go out on our own adventure. This year we took a Water-Taxi to Bark Bay and spent three days hiking out to Marahau. Enjoy!
- The Devil's Tramping Ground "The Devil's Tramping Ground" (a short film inspired by Victor Surge's "Slender Man" and the video entries "Marble Hornets"). OFFICIAL SELECTION- Final Cut Film Festival 2010. WINNER- "Most Artistic." Special Effects provided by FILTH MIRROR. All shooting and pre/post-production completed in 5 days. Premiered on October 17th 2010 at Thalian Hall in Wilmington NC.
- tramping is tops! this is (as always) all done in one session. just another installment in my tramping life. 13-7-2007 4pm
- Tramping The Milford Track - Useful Info Some useful tips and anecdotes for freedom trampers considering doing the spectacular Milford Track (outside the colder months) beginning at the head of Lake Te Anau and ending at Milford Sound. By following us from day-one hopefully you'll see why its been called the finest walk in the world.
- Extreme Tramping - Spirit Of Adventure - Voyage 493 the most notorious gand ever to extreme tramp Great Barrier Island
- more tramping just bits from a short session i had yesterday. got another double fingerflip from one hand to the other.
- Uist Tramping Song - Jack Sinclair Showband Uist Tramping Song Come along, come along, Let us foot it out together, Come along, come along, be it fair or stormy weather, With the hills of home before us and the purple of the heather, Let us sing in happy chorus, come along, come along. O gaily sings the lark, And the sky's all awake With the promise of the day, for the road we gladly take; So it's heel and toe and forward, bidding farewell to the town, For the welcome that awaits us, ere the sun goes down. Chorus It's the call of sea and shore, it's the tang of bog and peat, And the scent of brier and myrtle, that puts magic in our feet; So it's on we go rejoicing, over bracken, over stile, And it's soon we will be tramping out the last long mile. Chorus
- Devil's Tramping Ground Part 3 Third installment of the documentary about the Devil's Tramping Grounds. Searching for the actual tramping grounds. We wish to reiterate that this is not a hoax
- Tramping cow dung First stage of making organic manure - take cow dung, add ground egg shell, powdered rock and let it squidge between your toes for an hour! Thanks to the tea farmers near Peermade, Kerala, India who demonstrated this.
- Devil's Tramping Ground Part 4 (FINAL INSTALLMENT) The final installment of the documentary on the Devil's Tramping Grounds.
- BILBO: One of the last Malay sail Junks for ocean tramping with the family The Malay Junk The small Pulau Duyong/Duyung Besar at Kuala Terennganu is famous in Malaysia for the presence of old families of craftsmen, specialised in the construction of traditional junks of large dimensions. (40-60 m.), which were used for trading rice and salt with Thailand, regularly crossing the difficult China Sea. The traditional boats are of two types Pinis e Bedor and their characteristically long keel was designed to enable landing on a beach using the tide. One model of the type Bedor is on display at the National Naval Museum of London. The Bilbo was one of the last junks built by the master craftsman Che Ali Bin Ngah, one of the last survivors on the island, and by his family. The traditional construction The boat is constructed entirely in Chengal wood, the Malay teak , which has been shown to posses marine characteristics that are even better than traditional teak (this is demonstrated in some studies of the British Navy that are available on request). One of the secrets of this type of construction is in the fact that the hull is assembled beginning with planking that is first fixed together edge to edge, using wooden dowels at intervals of 10cm, and which is only later fixed to the frame. Unfortunately it is no longer possible to find a sail maker in Kuala Terennganu who is able to design the rigging of a junk, and therefore the sails were designed after a detailed bibliographic and historic study and then built by Viganò of Milano. A singly voyage ...
- North Carolina Ghost Stories 2 The Devil's Tramping Ground
- Tramping Tramps Oswald and Pete are hobos, who come upon a pie cooling on the windowsill. While Pete is running away from a biting dog, Oswald decides to get acquainted with the lady of the house. Released May 6, 1930
- Uist Tramping Song : Null Do Dh' Uibhist. Donald MacRae, the Lewis -born legend of Glasgow's Park Bar, sings a Uist song, followed by an instrumental version by the Clyde Valley Stompers, a band that has never been heard at the Mod! Hope you like it! :-)
- Tramping on Stewart Island - Stewart Island, New Zealand (stewart island tramping, the ruggedys) A TripAdvisor™ TripWow video of a travel blog to Oban, Stewart Island, New Zealand by TravelPod blogger Rob. See this TripWow and more at Tramping on Stewart Island "STEWART ISLAND Finding somebody to tramp with ... As I was leaving Auckland for my Xmas holidays nothing was planned a part from my stay in Christchurch over Xmas. A few days before I was leaving Roberta told me about a friend from Australia, who would like to go tramping in New Zealand. I was quite keen on tramping too, so I asked her whether we could send an Emil to him and find out about his plans. It turned out that Daniel wanted to do a rather longish tramp preferably on Stewart Island. My first reply to his e-mail was, that I couldn't do such a long tamp as I've to be back in Auckland around the 5th of January. The next day I thought, well I might catch up with my work during the weekends if my supervisor doesn't mind and just go for it. After everything was sorted out I gave Daniel a ring and we decided to catch up in Dunedin. On Sunday the 28th of December I hitch hiked from Christchurch to Dunedin an met Daniel and his family. We stayed with his grandparents in Waitati, which is around 20km outside Dunedin (Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the beautiful Blueskin bay. It was really nice to stay there and meet the Trambaiolo's and Fitzgerald's.). As we came home on Sunday night, because we went out for an Indian dinner in Dunedin beforehand, we decided that we want to ...
- NEW BOOTS TRAMPING 5"HEEL STUCK INTO CLAY
- St Arnaud to Lewis Pass - Nelson Lakes, New Zealand Tramping Trip. Intro Clip Edited intro to the video film I made of the 7-day tramp we did between Lake Rotoiti and Lewis Pass. Music track in second half is "Absolute Magnitude" - by Sonic Generation from the third 'Looking Back' compilation CD from Looking Good Records. (Overblown 'heartbeat' "Dances with Wolves" -trailer type beginning is a bit long, I think on reflection. (Whole film of the trip though has 4.5 hours running time)) Boyd and I hiked this in February 2006. Amazing trip. (Clip naturally looks better viewed at 'High Quality' setting) The route taken was as follows: from Lake Rotoiti up the Travers Valley to John Tait Hut, further up the Travers & over Travers Saddle, down into the Sabine. Up past Blue Lake & Lake Constance. Over Waiau Pass, up to Lake Thompson. Over Thompson Pass, round to an un-named pass above the East Matakitaki Valley. Down into the Matakitaki to Bobs Hut. Up over Three Tarn Pass to Ada Pass and finally down the St James walkway to the road. Clip also exists here on my flickr page:
- EDINBURGH TRAMS - 'Carry on TRAMping' A light-hearted look at the problems surrounding the re-introduction of trams to the city of Edinburgh. Unfortunately,I'm old enough to remember when Edinburgh did have a reasonably good tram system, Lord knows how much this system will cost befor it's completed,particularly regarding the loss of business to shops on the new tram route.
twitter about tramping
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about tramping
“Tramping/wheel hop problems”
— Tramping/wheel hop problems, cal-
“I'd love to meet folks who want to join me for parts of the journey, especially out tramping in the backcountry. While the administrators and moderators of the forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as”
— - Tramping/working January-May 2011, backpackerboard.co.nz
“Tongaririo, Tramping — david, Thursday, 7:39 pm. I really need to publish this blog post. And if you haven't already read it, Michelle posted her version of the tramp on her blog”
— LinuxSoftware " Tramping, linuxsoftware.co.nz
“"Tramping and climbing in Aotearoa" — a quality blog. By Paul Filby October 13, 2010 Post a comment. It's not often that I directly recommend visiting a specific blog, but in the the case of "Tramping and climbing in Aotearoa", I'm making an exception”
— "Tramping and climbing in Aotearoa" — a quality blog | A Wild,
“Pretty much you never ever go tramping alone, let alone with dark clothing. chairlifts which save you 400m of climbing and 3+ hours of tramping”
— Brad Heap " Tramping, .nz
“Rob McKay, a passionate tramper, who I met at Waingaro Forks Hut many years ago, has become an expert on lightweight tramping, and recently started a blog on the topic: . Despite it being a young blog with only”
— Skylark Productions · Blog, skylark.co.nz
“Kia Ora everyone! I hope you all are doing well and enjoying summer and the warm weather and sunshine! Winter is setting in, here in Wellington. Today is actually not too cold and not th”
— Tramping and chocolate- Oh MY!!,