- Tessellation and brain teaser puzzles and posters for educational dealers, stores, and schools. — “Tessellations”,
- About all aspects of tessellations, from their history and development to complete galleries of examples by the author and M.C. Escher, the pioneer of the art. Also includes "do it yourself" workshops. — “”,
- A tessellation is a repeating patterns of shapes covering a plane without any gaps or overlaps. However, the tessellations on Alphabet Geometry are created with. — “Tessellations - Escher”,
- An illustrated explanation of what a tessellation is in mathematical terms. A tessellation is created when a shape is repeated over and over again covering a plane without any gaps or overlaps. — “What Is a Tessellation?”,
- A tessellation or tiling of the plane is a collection of plane figures that fills the plane with no overlaps and no gaps. One may also speak of tessellations of parts of the plane or of other surfaces. Generalizations to higher dimensions are also possible. — “Tessellation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- With the recent buzz around DirectX 11, you've probably heard a lot about one of its biggest new features: tessellation. By itself, tessellation does little to improve realism. For example,. — “DirectX 11 Tessellation”,
- For a regular tessellation, the pattern is identical at each vertex! To name a tessellation, go around a vertex and write down how many sides each polygon has, in order. — “Tessellation”,
- houses in Tesselation Town -- create tessellations with online movable polygons. — “houses in Math Cats' Tessellation Town!”,
- Finally, once tessellation is done, tessellator calls actual OpenGL commands to render the tessellated polygon through the user-defined callback routines. OpenGL provides a collection of routines to process concave polygons to convex polygons:. — “OpenGL Tessellation”, songho.ca
- Tessellation Training specializes in meeting the training needs of experienced programmers and architects who use object-oriented languages. — “Tessellation Training: Home page”,
- Actually, any scalene triangle can form a tesselation. Check this site out for more info on tesselations: http:///math/piscataway/tesselation.pdf Note that isosceles and equilateral triangles are specific types of scalene triangles. — “can scalene or isosceles triangles form a tessellation?”,
- Triangular tessellation. Square Tessellation. Hexagonal Tessellation. Pentagonal Tessellation. Hexagonal Tessellation  Non-periodic tessellation. Voderberg Parkettierung. Convexe heptagons. Dual graph of heptagons  3D tessellation  Architecture  Honey comb. — “Tessellation - Wikimedia Commons”,
- A Tessellation is a regular tiling of the infinite plane by polygons, or of an infinite three dimensional space by polyhedra, or of an infinite n-dimensional space by polytopes. Islamic art and architecture make heavy use of intricate tessellations as decoration. — “Tessellation - Conservapedia”,
- A selection of articles related to tessellation They are named in honor of A. Andreini who studied and enumerated these tessellation forms around 1905. — “tessellation”,
- Encyclopedia article of Tessellation at compiled from comprehensive and current sources. — “Tessellation encyclopedia topics | ”,
- tessellate ( ) tr.v. , -lated , -lating , -lates . To form into a mosaic pattern, as by using small squares of stone or glass. — “tessellate: Definition from ”,
- Website gives a comprehensive introduction to tessellations, explaining the basic mathematics underlying tessellations, as well as allowing you to browse through many examples of tessellations in real life. Note: The gallery section contains an unmoderated student forum. — “Tessellations”, 42
- My interest in tessellations started with the work of M.C. Escher, but really started to grow when I saw the work of many other artists on the internet. The people doing tessellations list of Andrew Crompton, inspired me to start a database with tessellations. — “Home < Tessellation Database”,
- Find all the detailed information about 'Tessellation', only at The W2 - Wikipedia. A tessellation or tiling of the plane is a collection of plane figures that fills the plane with no overlaps and no gaps. — “Tessellation :: The W2 - Wikipedia”, wiki.w2
related videos for tessellation
- unigine tessellation 3D mesh tessellation in Unigine engine via AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator OpenGL extension on AMD HD3870 video card.
- Tessellation mini lesson WEBSITE: A brief introduction to the characteristics of the geometry topic tessellations. Three regualar polygons will tessellate over the Euclidian plane.
- AvP PC Game Wireframe Showing Tessellation Watch and listen to Chris Kingsley from Rebellion talk about their upcoming PC game called AvP and discuss features like tessellation that happens to be found on newer AMD Radeon HD graphics cards
- (1080P) HD5970 DX11 Tessellation Comparisons II Up close Comparison test using Tesselation within DX11 (Windows 7). Notice the stone paving, roof and wall texture and shading differences.
- Origami Tessellation Basics: 120 Degree Inverted Pleat Intersection This video demonstrates how to fold a 120 degree inverted pleat intersection. It is performed when pleats on a triangle grid intersect, and thus several layers of paper need to be arranged. More origami:
- NVIDIA Endless City Tessellation Demo bit.ly Take a cruise through the most complex city ever rendered in real-time. NVIDIA's Endless City harnesses the horsepower of our incredible GeForce GTX DX11 tessellation engines to procedurally generate urban detail never before possible in an interactive world. Sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
- Hardware tessellation with DirectX 11 (Unigine "Heaven" benchmark) Hardware tessellation technology in action. Captured from "Heaven" DirectX 11 benchmark, which is based on Unigine 3D engine:
- Phong Tessellation The Phong Tessellation, by Tamy Boubekeur and Marc Alexa (TU Berlin, Germany) is a geometric version the Phong normal interpolation to improve the visual continuity of meshes with a local curved displacement, adapted to current and next generation GPUs. Visit the project page at user.cs.tu-
- Nvidia GTX 480 - DirectX 11 Water Tessellation HD The Nvidia GTx 480 running the Nvidia Water and Terrain Tech Demo. The Demo shows how DX 11 Tesselation works and how it could be used in games.
- GTX 480 Vs HD 5870 EXTREME Tessellation Showdown Clash of the Titans iv, Nvidias new GTX 480 Vs the current single GPU King the HD 5870.
- AMD demonstrates tessellation on the worlds first DirectX 11 graphics processor AMD demonstrates improved detail in character models through tessellation using DirectX 11 in combination with the worlds first DirectX 11 graphics processor.
- Short Version: Origami Tessellation Guide: Tessellesson on Bricks by Ilan Garibi Crease Pattern to print: Recommended paper: Tant, eg 35cm (13.75in) squares available at: 12 shades of red: www.origami- 12 shades of blue: www.origami- 12 shades of yellow: www.origami- 12 shades of green: www.origami- Binder clips at Amazon: This video gives a guide to putting together tessellations. It works on the example of "Bricks" by Ilan Garibi, and a variation of mine, which I'll call "Big Bricks". Ilan Garibi kindly gave me permission to make this video accessible to you. Ilan's flickr album: Crease Pattern: More origami:
- NVIDIA GF100 Video Card Water Tessellation Demo We kept hearing about triangle tessellation, but now we have finally seen it on NVIDIA GF100 graphics cards thanks to this killer looking water demo. It will be interesting to see how long this takes to make it into video games!
- Escher ...
- Origami Tessellation Basics: Hexagon Twist This video demonstrates how to fold a hexagon twist. It is a technique that is often used in origami tessellations. More origami:
- NVIDIA Alien vs. Triangles Tessellation Demo bit.ly Tired of game characters that remain unchanged as they take damage and fall over dead looking as good as when they arrived? For your viewing pleasure we introduce the battle of ALIEN vs. TRIANGLES where DX11 tessellation is used to transform and destroy an enemy using "multi-dimensional tessellation."
- Visualization of Solid Tessellations Several strategies which help in visualizing close-packings of polyhedra generally, zonohedra in particular, are illustrated.
- Magic Tessellations Part One Magic Tessellations by Ian Rowland. Part 1 of 4. If you want to link to these videos, please link to the subject and the key words (Ian Rowland Magic Tessellations), not the specific URL. This is because I may re-edit the videos and upload them again, and the URL will change every time I do this. I made a video about my 'magic tessellations' that lasts about 40 minutes. Here, I have taken the first 30 minutes or so and chopped it into four bits so they can be posted on YouTube. The thanks and credits are at the end of part four. These videos are for all my friends in the 'Gathering for Gardner' and 'Recreational mathematics' communities. I'd love to hear from you all (ian@). More cool stuff at my website: . I have no animation tools, so all the animations were done in a very slow fashion using Corel Draw and Pinnacle video editing software. I apologise for the low resolution that sometimes detracts from the clarity of the animations. If anyone wants to help me produce improved, hi-res animations, please feel free to get in touch. - Ian Rowland
- Tokyo Police Club- Tessellate (acoustic) David Monks from "Tokyo Police Club" does and acoustic set.. "Tessellate" for the interface podcast..
- GTC 2010 City of the Future Tessellation Demo Nvidia's GPU Conference last month offered some outstanding demos, we've gotten our hands on this tessellation demo which shows off a futuristic city which is meant to mimic an ultra-realistic environment. The dark environment that was created was impressive to see, NVIDIA is of course demonstrating everything in a 3D environment which makes taking high quality photos pretty much impossible. In this real-time rendered demo there are 1.3 billion polygons being shaded each second and it has about a 500x increase in typical gaming geometry levels thanks to the PolyMorph tessellation engine in the Fermi GPUs. Tomasi said that each second of the demo consisted of about 80GB of data, quite a bit higher than the top speed limits of current PCI Express implementations; creating that much detail on the CPU would be nearly impossible to work with. Because this geometry is being procedurally generated on the GPU with DX11, that data resides only during the creation of each frame
- Origami Tessellations Buy Eric Gjerde's book here: Or here: www.origami- This video shows a couple of origami tessellations I folded. It also gives a quick glimpse at the book "Origami Tessellations: Awe-Inspiring Geometric Designs" by Eric Gjerde () More origami
- Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 Tessellation On/Off comparison video Have you wondered how DX11 tessellation help a game look better? Check out this video to see a DX11 Tessellation On/Off comparison featuring Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 on an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. You'll notice the incredibly detailed terrain and environments when tessellation is turned on. For a limited time, you can get Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 FREE when you purchase a qualifying NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. For more details, go to: Aerial warfare has evolved in Tom Clancy's HAWX 2. So have you. As a member of the ultra-secret HAWX 2 squadron, each mission you make will be pulse-pounding real with the DX11 tessellation performance that the GeForce 400 and 500 series graphics card can deliver.
- Leaf Tessellation
- Tokyo Police Club - Tessellate Distributed by WMG Music Video for Tokyo Police Club's "Tessellate." From their debut album 'Elephant Shell.' Directed by michael & miguel.
- Long Version: Origami Tessellation Guide: Tessellesson on Bricks by Ilan Garibi Crease Pattern to print: Recommended paper: Tant, eg 35cm (13.75in) squares available at: 12 shades of red: www.origami- 12 shades of blue: www.origami- 12 shades of yellow: www.origami- 12 shades of green: www.origami- Binder clips at Amazon: This video gives a guide to putting together tessellations. It works on the example of "Bricks" by Ilan Garibi, and a variation of mine, which I'll call "Big Bricks". Ilan Garibi kindly gave me permission to make this video accessible to you. Ilan's flickr album: Crease Pattern: More origami:
- How to Make an Escher-esque Tessellation Here's a quick tutorial on making a funky tessellation art project with just a pencil, protractor, and a sheet of construction paper. This particular way of doing it utilizes an equilateral triangle so that your finished shape will tessellate on a rotation.
- MSI GeForce GTX 560 Extreme Tessellation Benchmarks Linus Tech Tips I pull out all the stops with Unigine Heaven and crank the tessellation up to Extreme. Check it out.
- Tessellate confused? watch it again. interpret it once more. enjoy it just one more time. special thanks to tokyo police club [music remixed by tom campesinos] for Tessellate.
- Create a Tessellation WEBSITE: provides instruction on how to draw a simple tessellation
- (1080P) HD5970 DX11 Tessellation Comparisons Comparison test using Tesselation within DX11 (Windows 7). Notice the stone paving, roof and wall texture and shading differences.
- NVidia - Hair Demo GPU Tessellation GT 200 Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA pronounced /ɛnˈvɪ.di.ə/) is a multinational corporation which specializes in the development of graphics processing units and chipset technologies for workstations, personal computers, and mobile devices. Based in Santa Clara, California, the company has become a major supplier of integrated circuits (ICs), designing graphics processing units (GPUs) and chipsets used in graphics cards, in personal-computer motherboards, and in video game consoles. Notable Nvidia product lines include: * the GeForce series for gaming * the Quadro series for computer-aided design and for digital content creation (DCC) on workstations * the nForce series of integrated motherboard chipsets * the Tegra for mobile devices Three people co-founded Nvidia in 1993: * Jen-Hsun Huang (As of 2008[update] CEO), previously Director of CoreWare at LSI Logic and a microprocessor designer at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) * Chris Malachowsky, an electrical engineer who worked at Sun Microsystems * Curtis Priem, previously a senior staff engineer and graphics chip designer at Sun Microsystems The founders gained venture capital funding from Sequoia Capital. In 2000, Nvidia acquired the intellectual assets of its one-time rival 3dfx, one of the biggest graphics companies of the mid- to late-1990s. On December 14, 2005, Nvidia acquired ULI Electronics, which at the time supplied third-party southbridge parts for chipsets to ATI, Nvidia's competitor ...
- GF100 Water Tessellation.avi GTX 360 (448 Cuda Cores) @ 140 FPS
- How To Make Simple Tessellations I explain how to make simple tessellations with MS Paint using an example
- Origami Water Bomb Tessellation (Eric Gjerde) Buy the book "Origami Tessellations" here: Recommended paper size: 15cm x 15cm (approx. 6in x 6in) Resulting model: approx. 9cm x 9cm (3.5in x 3.5in) This video describes how to fold the origami tessellation "Water Bomb" designed by Eric Gjerde. Eric kindly gave me permission to make this video accessible to you. More origami:
- Tessellated Architecture A series of animations showing variously dissected zonohedral tilings.
- Unigine Heaven 2.0 Benchmark (DirectX 11 with hardware tessellation) Updated Unigine Heaven Benchmark 2.0 version: More content & adjustable settings, added Linux version.
- Origami Tessellation Basics: 60 Degree Pleat Intersection This video demonstrates how to fold a 60 degree pleat intersection. It is performed when pleats on a triangle grid intersect, and thus several layers of paper need to be arranged. More origami:
- Origami Tessellation: Clover Folding by Shuzo Fujimoto Recommended paper size: 20cm x 20cm (approx. 8in x 8in) Resulting model: approx. 10cm x 10cm (4in x 4in) This video describes how to fold the origami tessellation "Clover Folding" designed by Shuzo Fujimoto. Fujimoto-san kindly gave me permission to make this video accessible to you. More origami:
- DirectX 11 and Tessellation - Enabled vs. Disabled This video shows DirectX 11 and Tessellation features in popular games, and how DirectX 11 these technologies can dramatically improve the quality of the image! Learn more about the latest and fastest DirectX 11 hardware at Games/applications shown: *Battlefield Bad Company 2 *Metro 2033 *NVIDIA Supersonic Sled *Unigine Heaven 2.0 *Bitsquid Stone Giant *Aliens vs. Predator *Dirt 2
- Tessellation Slideshow 2008-2009 School Year My students tessellation projects were so good that I made this video to show our whole school.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about tessellation
“In this article I would like to present a brief introduction to tessellation and discuss about its evolution that resulted in what we can see in The tessellation hardware present in the Radeon 8500 was a completely fixed function component that had predefined tessellation evaluation modes”
— History of hardware tessellation " RasterGrid Blog,
“Forum. Streaming. Streaming Videos. Streaming Information. Support DirectX 11 Tessellation Guide. Home " Blogs " metalliandy's blog. Submitted by metalliandy on November 12, 2010 - 8:09am. Nvidia's newest site: http:// has a awesome DirectX 11 tessellation guide which goes over the”
— DirectX 11 Tessellation Guide | Eat 3D, eat3
“Rendering of Catmull-Clark subdivision surfaces is often mentioned as the primary application for the tessellation pipeline, but there are many other interesting uses that have not received that much attention. I thought it would be interesting”
— 10 Fun Things to do with Tessellation,
“Tessellation Planning. In geometry, to tessellate means to cover a plane with a pattern Using tessellation, we can create a complex visual effect through simple construction”
— TESSELLAR > Blog: Tessellation Planning,
“Tips and Tricks from a Graphics Programmer The Tessellation Control (TC) shader is kinda like a Vertex Shader (VS) with super-vision. Much like a VS program, each TC program transforms only one vertex, and the number of execution instances is the same as the number of verts in your OpenGL draw call”
— Triangle Tessellation with OpenGL 4.0 at The Little Grasshopper,
“Still the gamers with DX11 cards (ATI owners only and in 2D so far) should be able to experience advanced Depth of Field effects as well as Full Tessellation on character models. You should consider the fact that with tessellation used right the 3D objects using it will not only look”
— tessellation - 3D Vision Blog, 3dvision-
“Tessellation: Enhance your geometry! - FireUser Blog”
— Tessellation: Enhance your geometry! | FireUser Blog,
“just what the topic says is it a graphic card thing or a game thing. and do all games have it, if it is a game thing. Tom's Hardware > Forum > Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards > What is tessellation”
— What is tessellation - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays,
similar for tessellation
- types of tessellations
- examples of tessellations
- equilateral triangles
- free encyclopedia
- how to
- tessellation art
- school students
- jigsaw puzzle
- site index
- garden gate
- tessellation training
- object oriented
- training companies
- provides training
- training needs
- design patterns
- software development
- referral network
- semiregular tessellation
- tessellation tutorials
- four sides
- math forum
- vertex point
- square tile
- euclidean plane
- the squares
- mathematical art
- art math
- logo page
- math mathematics
- math education
- education art
- art materials
- educational products
- geometric puzzles
- brain teasers
- displacement mapping
- pixel shading