- If tarakihi isn't available, any firm white fish will substitute and monkfish would be especially good. Method. Preheat the oven cooked.Add the tarakihi and cream and then bring back to the boil, by which time the tarakihi will be cooked. — “cuisine.co.nz - food - fricassee of tarakihi”, cuisine.co.nz
- Tarakihi definition at , a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!. — “Tarakihi | Define Tarakihi at ”,
- Footage taken from "Faith and Music" with a little editing.*E, pakia kia riteE, ko te rite kia riteE, takahia kia ngawariE, torona kei wahoHok. — “YouTube - Kiri Te Kanawa - Tarakihi”,
- Tarakihi is the Maori name for an important food fish, Cheilodactylus macropterus. How to cite this page: . 'TARAKIHI', from An Encyclopaedia of New Zealand, edited by A. H. McLintock, originally published in 1966. — “TARAKIHI - Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand”, teara.govt.nz
- Full day and half day local fishing trips,snapper evening trips, tarakihi and blue cod fishing, groper fishing,fast catamaran less time travelling more time fishing.group booking or join in. Saturday 4th December half day trip 3 places tarakihi snapper cod fishing on Felix. — “Westcoast charters for fishing charters wellington boats and”, wellingtonfishing.co.nz
- The tarakihi or jackass morwong, Nemadactylus macropterus, is a morwong of the genus Nemadactylus, found off southern Australia, the Atlantic coast of South America, and New Zealand to depths of about 400 m, on all types of bottoms. Its length is between 30 and 60 cm.  References ". — “Tarakihi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- He said basa was sold as orange roughy, sole, tarakihi and ling in different countries, meaning consumers could be eating it without realising. Neil Kelsey of John Dory's in Herne Bay, uses fresh john dory, tarakihi or snapper and didn't like the sound of the new arrival. — “Fish and chip shop fright - Food - NZ Herald News”, nzherald.co.nz
- Tarakihi Composer: Maori Traditional Albums with Complete Performances of the Work Title Date Dame Kiri and Friends: The Gala Concert 2005 Silk Road:. — “Tarakihi: Information from ”,
- Encyclopedia article about tarakihi. Information about tarakihi in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “tarakihi definition of tarakihi in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- tarakihi. tar·a·ki·hi [ tárrə k ] (plural tar·a·ki·his) or ter·a·ki·hi [ térrə k ] (plural ter·a·ki·his) noun. Definition: edible New Zealand fish: an edible fish with a silvery body and a black saddle behind the head. Native to: New Zealand. Latin name Nemadactylus macropterus. [< Maori]. — “tarakihi definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta”,
- Recipes > Tarakihi with Parsley Sauce and Mash. Tarakihi with Parsley Sauce and Mash 600g Tarakihi fillets (or other white fish) • 700g potatoes, peeled. — “Tarakihi with Parsley Sauce and Mash”, oceanz.co.nz
- Guytons supplies fresh fish delivered daily to your door. Order on-line and you can choose the convenience of a standing order so you do not even have to repeat your order each week. more. Tarakihi $23.95/kg. Highly regarded by commercial and recreational fisherman, caught. — “Order your fresh fish daily from Guytons Fisheries and get it”, guytonsfish.co.nz
- The 2006 Plenary report states that tarakihi are caught in coastal waters of the recreational fishers they have indicated that the tarakihi fisheries in the Bay of. — “TARAKIHI – (TAR 1)”, fish.govt.nz
- Looking at a Day Fishing Out of Tauranga? Come and check out what we have to offer you. Bottom fishing for Tarakihi, Snapper, Trevally and John Dory aboard the M.V. Manutere. Come and see why our regulars won't fish with anyone else!. — “Day Fishing Trips | Tauranga Marine Charters”, taurangamarinecharters.co.nz
- The New Zealand Seafood Industry Council Ltd. About us. Business Tarakihi Fillet. Printer friendly. Medium to firm white flesh with a low to medium oil content; suitable for all methods of cooking. — “Seafood Industry Council - Tarakihi Fillet”, seafoodindustry.co.nz
- Definition of tarakihi in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of tarakihi. Pronunciation of tarakihi. Translations of tarakihi. tarakihi synonyms, tarakihi antonyms. Information about tarakihi in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “tarakihi - definition of tarakihi by the Free Online”,
- Free provide for Free tarakihi song lyrics Music Lyrics - elizabeth marvelly Song Lyrics Download,Mp3 Lyrics Down Lyric etc. service; is a profession for providing lyrics download website. — “Free tarakihi song lyrics Music Lyrics elizabeth marvelly”,
- Tarakihi (the cicada) is an ancient Maori chant made popular in 1999 as a song by Kiri Te Kanawa. — “NZ FOLK SONG * Tarakihi”, .nz
- New Zealands most useful free recipes site for quick and easy dinner ideas. Place 4-5 spinach leaves in the centre of the filo, top with a frozen Sealord Simply Natural Tarakihi Fillet , spreada spoon of lite sour cream on the fish and sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of Gregg's Dill and Lemon Seafood Seasoning. — “Dill & Lemon Tarakihi in Filo Parcels / Recipes / Home - Food”, foodinaminute.co.nz
- Tarakihi have firm white flesh and are excellent eating cooked by any method. This species was for many years the most popular commercially caught and sold table fish in New Zealand. — “Tarakihi - Nemadactylus macropterus”, fishingmag.co.nz
- Comparison: Two similar species that resemble the Tarakihi, the King Tarakihi which is slightly larger and doesn't have that prominent dark band and the Porae with even more prominent lips. Fillets: White flesh of medium to firm texture. Suitable for most cooking methods. — “macgregors meat & seafood: fresh seafood: tarakihi”,
- tarakihi (plural tarakihis) A fish, Nemadactylus macropterus, between 30 and 60 centimeters long and found off the coast of Retrieved from "http:///wiki/tarakihi" Categories: Maori derivations | English nouns | Fish. Personal tools. — “tarakihi - Wiktionary”,
related videos for tarakihi
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa - Tarakihi (HQ) Same video, better quality.
- Good Morning: MasterChef NZ Winner Cooks Up A Treat After just being crowned NZ's MasterChef, Brett McGregor talks about the intense competition, and his life after the show, then he makes tarakihi with mint and macadamia salad. For more, check out tvnz.co.nz/masterchef-nz tvnz.co.nz/good-morning
- Catching Tarakihi off Kapiti island Turkey fishing off Kapiti island at the start of summer. (wheres the sun?)
- Opera singer April-Marie sings Tarakihi Operatic, April-Marie Neho, NZ, Maori
- Marlborough Project-Spearfishing Spearfishing in the marlborough sounds,a look at the speices- Blue cod,butterfish,tarakihi,kingfish,blue moki & crayfish. check www.projectlocal.co.nz for more info!
- Elizabeth Marvelly - 'Tarakihi' live Gray Bartlett's tour 08 Elizabeth Marvelly on the Auckland leg of Gray Bartlett's 50th anniversary tour, sings Tarakihi from her debut, self-titled album. Live at the Auckland Sky City Theatre, 4 May 2008.
- Stephens Passage Spearfishing Trip Andrew,mark,gary & Tai Spearfishing in and around the stephens passage area.See butterfish,blue cod & tarakihi fall to the spear.
- How to Make a Turkey Sandwich Sometimes even the simplest tasks take a surprising amount of effort to truly get right. Determined Warrior- Adam Rinsky Fearsome Adversary- Brett Payton Old Master- Josh Horwitz Music: Tarakihi - Kiri Te Kanawa
- Tarakihi Pequenas Huellas Torino 2011
- Counsel in Concert 2010 - Tarakihi Crown Law presents Counsel in Concert 2010 at St Andrew's on the Terrace. Starring over 80 lawyers and law staff from legal organisations throughout the Wellington region and featuring guest soprano Deborah Wai Kapohe. Supported by players from the Vector Wellington Orchestra and New Zealand Symphony Orchestra. Proceeds to the Child Cancer Foundation. May I add that many in the choir have never sung before and can not even read music! Merran Cooke tutored them and organised the concert!
- Kiri Te Kanawa - millenium NZ Millenium celebrations from New Zealand with Kiri Te Kanawa singing Tarakihi (the locust) with maori chorus.
- November - Coromandel Weedlines By Wettie and Wetkiwi Wettie and Wetkiwi present the second episode of a monthly spearfishing video series. This month the team from Wettie head to coromandel to show you some of the amazing weedline species you can encounter. Includes John Dory, Tarakihi, Kingfish and boarfish. Brought to you by: www.wetkiwi.co.nz www.wettie.co.nz Track by Soul Science
- Weedline Diving A little video few of the boys playing around on a weedline in New Zealand. Blair dives first and, because hes a useless chump, comes up empty handed, then Evan dives and gets a spooky boarfish and a tarakihi, big Tom then has a turn and gets his second ever boarfish.
- Spearfishing Kapiti Jan 2010. Tarakihi hunting in the haze with Q and a few finned friends A good day hunting turkeys in some hazy viz. Guncam is a GoPro fisheye, and it probably struggled a bit with the low light conditions on a cloudy hazy day at 16m. Quentin trying out his new polespear which later proved very effective pinging a decent haul of butterfish. Q's boat - a 4.7 Surtees with some awesome toys onboard, and made in NZ.
- Tarakihi - Kapiti Island 16-2-08 Tarakihi hunting
- projectdive for www.diveplanet.co.nz A compilation clip for the NZ diveplanet team. visit www.diveplanet.co.nz. All filmed at Kapiti Island by myself freediving with fellow divers Q and Macca. (drop the idiot stick Macca!!!! lol)
- Tarakihi - Kapiti Island 16-2-08 ..of course they are never quite so curious when you have a gun in your hand...
- WetkiwiTV - South Island sessions WetkiwiTV presents spearfishing action from the summer of 2010. Filmed in the South Island of New Zealand this video contains video of Tarakihi, Blue Cod, Blue Moki and Butterfish. Music: Gothic Waltz by Diesel Phoenix Brought to you by:
- Catching Tarakihi by hand okok using a speargun to skillfully stun them first ;-)
- 2010 42 NZ Milford Sound Fishing 1 Nieuw Zeeland, Milford Sound, Tasman Sea, fishing, Barracuda, Dogfish 3 different kinds, Spotty, Dwarf Scorpionfish, Scarled Wrasse, Banded Wrasse,Blue Cod,Tarakihi.
- Boulder Bank Tarakihi Tarakihi schooling on the edge of the boulder bank, Kapiti
- Three prong tarakihi tarakihi shuffling off
- Tarakihi and Cod - Kapiti Island 17/11 End of the day shooting a few tarakihi. typical viz for this part of the island although sometimes it clears up to 10-15m. Lots of small blue cod, and 5 or 6 Tarakihi.
- Elizabeth Marvelly 'Tarakihi' live Aquatica '08 Elizabeth Marvelly at the Aquatica '08 festival, sings Tarakihi from her debut, self-titled album. Live at the Auckland Viaduct Basin, 28 January 2008.
- Spearfishing Kapiti Island - Tarakihi hunting Ahh Turkey hunting, Great fun hunting in the often murkey depths not knowing what you might drop in on. Its often tricky picking a fish from the school, you are always hunting for that one fish a few cm larger than the rest, or hoping to bump into the odd big moocher. For all you northerners enjoy...
- Species Identification - Tarakihi Species ID for New Zealand Tarakihi - Aquatic Rehab
- Tarakihi hunt Kapiti Island - 1st kill of the day which also happens to be my birthday! Happy Birthday dear fishie! Happy birthday to youuuuuuu... You really shouldn't have been so tasty! I really do love this spot!
- 13. Super Elizabeth Marvelly live Tarakihi !!! Philharmonie München
- How to Fillet a Fish New Zealand's champion fish filleter Jason Abbott takes us through fish filleting.
- Tarakihi "turkey shoot" session on Tarakihi out of Napier, Hawkes Bay.
- Snapa Slapa - Doubtless Bay Fishing - Northland - New Zealand New Zealand Fishing Charters - we know where to fish Enjoy fine in-shore fishing and diving in Doubtless Bay, Whangaroa and Rangaunu Harbours in Northland, New Zealand with your skipper, Pete Wright. We specialise in soft-baiting for snapper as well as traditional stray-line fishing. Locally, departing from Rangiputa or Whatuwhiwhi (Perehipe Bay or Matai Bay), you can fish Doubtless Bay and Rangaunu Harbour on either side of the Karikari Peninsula. Further afield, we depart from Whangaroa Harbour (Totara North), Hihi, Mangonui (Mill Bay), Taipa, Kaimaumau, Houhora and Parengarenga Harbour (Te Hapua). You can catch snapper, tarakihi, kahawai and many other species. You may also enjoy diving and sightseeing with dolphin, orca, the local bird population and other sea life with excellent opportunities for photographers. If you catch no fish on the Snapper and Kahawai charter, only 50% of the rate will be charged. See .nz
- Freediving Kapiti 10/11/07 Dropping in on some Tarakihi 16m down Off Kapiti Island New Zealand. Pretty low Viz.
- Tarakihi - Elena's Culture Symphony Tarakihi - Elena's Culture Symphony - Thanks to C4 Productions
- Catching Tarakihi at the cave Catching Tarakihi at the cave near Hahei. Tarakihi aren't fighting fish so they were easy to pull up. However great day of fishing and we got a bucket load of fish! Plus first time I was using my rod.
- Elizabeth Marvelly - 'Tarakihi' live ASB Theatre '08 Elizabeth Marvelly on the Auckland leg of the Paul Potts New Zealand tour, sings Tarakihi from her debut, self-titled album. Live at the ASB Theatre, 13 April 2008.
- Lazy day Spearfishing at Kapiti - Summer 09 Gun camera testing the Hero GoPro mini video camera. Fish eye lense with 140degree viewing angle. This vid has Q and I pinging a few butterfish and Tarakihi at the start of summer in some hazy but ok visibility.
- Auckland Anniversary: Elisabeth Marvelly Elisabeth Marvelly sings at Auckland Anniversary Symphony on the sea (Tarakihi) 28 jan 2008
- SPEARFISHING NZ 09 snapper, kingfish, giant boarfish, tarakihi, butterfish, kahawai, crayfish, dolphinns and bronze whaler sharks. in new zealand at great barrier and coromandel.
- Classical Singing in Maori - Tarakihi - Beijing Classical Singing in Maori - Tarakihi Tarakihi is a Maori Folk Song made popular lately by Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and Hayley Westenra. Its a fun song and great for events! I've sung this at everything from All Blacks Rugby Games to Events celebrating New Zealand Tourism and Wine!
- 11yr old Sam - 'Tarakihi' - traditional NZ maori song 11yr old Sam performing 'Tarakihi' - a traditional NZ maori song at his Parnell School show - 'The Promise'. Sam had a lead role of the Little Maori Boy. Go Sam !! TARAKIHI E, pakia kia rite E, ko te rito kia rite E, takahia kia ngawari E, torona kei waho Hoki mai E whakarongo ai au - Ki te tangi mai A te manu nei, A te tarakihi, I te weherua Tanga O O te po - Tara ra-ta kita kita he Tara ra-ta kita kita he Wiri o papa towene towene Wiri o papa towene towene Hope whai-a-ke Turi whatia Ei! Ei! Ha!
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about tarakihi
“Tarakihi [said terakey] is a good, basic white fish. It has a mild flavour and is a good general purpose fish. Foodlovers Blog. Foodlovers Travel. Loving Food. Recipes: Beef Recipes. Biscuit Recipes. Bread. Brunch Recipes. Cake Recipes. Chicken”
— Fish , Foodlovers Forums , Foodlovers Food Talk, foodlovers.co.nz
“icicles begin their gravity driven drool my eves ponder all wonders water has brought me Riding its back down Middle Fork Salmon, tongues effervescent Cutthroat trout and hot spring minerals, foggy mornings Superior, audience otters dance”
— Hard Water - MyNorth,
“Gardening. RSS. Forum. Share. Blogs. Foodwise. Supperclub. Gardening. RSS. Forum. Blogs and forums got 5 fish, one shark, 4 Tarakihi and if no one knows what Tarakihi is here is a link to”
— Jamie Oliver - Forums / Whats your weather like today? - beta,
“And if you're anything like me, before you drop your line into the water, you'll press by swapping deepwater oreo to tarakihi following advice from the Best”
— Forest & Bird " Blog Archive " Fish n Tips, .nz
“Reports from the skipper of fishing charter from Mill Bay Mangonui Doubtless Bay Far North Northland New Zealand nz with skipper Chris Low Tarakihi are about, anywhere between 20 - 50m, the Kingys still hungry for a jig and a recent showing of Barracuda have ended up as good bait”
— Blog from the skipper of Pisces Charters fishing charter, piscescharters.co.nz
“Discussion forums for the open discussion on almost any topic, but keep it clean and friendly ok. DineOut NZ, the largest and most comprehensive restaurant review site in New Zealand. We accept your reviews, and rate restaurants on food,”
— DineOut discussion forum - have your say on any topic, dineout.co.nz
“He said Vietnamese catfish was sold as orange roughy, sole, tarakihi and also ling in various countries, which meant that people Basa-free zones includes John Dory's in Herne Bay, who only use fresh john dory, tarakihi or snapper”
— July " 2009 " MenuMania Blog, menumania.co.nz
“Pete Lamb Fishing, retail and wholesale tackle & bait, fishing charters and LBG trips. Good bluecod, tarakihi have played their part as well as the annual spring gurnard run on the sth coast and harbour entrance”
— Fishing Classes/Seminars/Surf, Rockfishing Charter, petelambfishing.co.nz
“HOME | SHOP BY BRAND | SPEARFISHING INFO | DIVE SITES | COMPETITIONS | RECORDS | TRAVEL | CLUBS | FAQ | GALLERY | FORUM | BLOG | ABOUT US | CHECKOUT Tarakihi Asking Questions Amongst the several hundred people who get to read this newsletter most have speared fish either in”
— 2010 May | Adreno Spearfishing Blog | Speargun & Wetsuit, .au
related keywords for tarakihi
- tarakihi fish
- tarakihi recipe
- tarakihi fish recipes
- tarakihi lyrics
- tarakihi recipes nz
- tarakihi fish nutrition
- tarakihi fishing tips
- tarakihi song translation
- tarakihi song
- tarakihi recipes baked
- tarakihi fish calories
- tarakihi fish food
- tarakihi fish how cook
- fish tarakihi recipes nz
similar for tarakihi
- nemadactylus macropterus
- free encyclopedia
- jackass morwong
- new zealand
- southern australia
- daniel pauly
- tony ayling
- geoffrey cox
- online dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- free online english dictionary
- sea fish
- life sciences
- zealand waters
- silk road
- unanswered questions
- classical work
- dame kiri
- kiri and friends
- gala concert
- maori songs
- media guide
- ip issues
- free dictionary
- personal tools
- english nouns
- south america
- kia rite
- kiri te kanawa
- nz folk song
- the locust
- dark band
- fresh seafood
- thick lips
- soft rays
- shoulder area
- dorsal fin