- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for tapetum in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “tapetum - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo!”,
- The Eyeshine Effect – The Tapetum Lucidum. If you read the entries on the AZ Master Animals cope by arranging the Tapetum lucidum so that it cover only strategic portions of the retina, or by arranging the reflective material in the Tapetum to reflect strongly only in certain wavelengths. — “Arizona Master Naturalist News Web Log ("Blog"): The Eyeshine”, blog.ltc.arizona.edu
- Definition of tapetum from The American Heritage Medical Dictionary. — “tapetum - Medical Definition”,
- Learn how to dissect a cow's eye in your classroom. This resource includes: a step-by-step, hints and tips, a cow eye primer, and a glossary of terms. — “Cow's Eye Dissection - Eye diagram”, exploratorium.edu
- In ﬂowering plants, tapetum degeneration is proposed to be triggered by a programmed cell death (PCD) process during retardation (tdr), which exhibits degeneration retardation of the tapetum and middle layer as well as collapse of. — “The Rice Tapetum Degeneration Retardation Gene Is Required”,
- Myspace Music profile for Tape Tum. Download Tape Tum Pop / / music singles, watch music videos, listen to free streaming mp3s, & read Tape Tum's blog. /tapetum. Tape Tum: General Info. Member Since. 5/27/2006. Band Website. tapetum.be. Band Members. Lieven Dousselaere, Benjamin Dousselaere. — “Tape Tum on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures”,
- Tapetum information including symptoms, causes, diseases, symptoms, treatments, and other medical and health issues. — “Tapetum - ”,
- The tapetum lucidum (Latin: "bright tapestry", plural tapeta lucida) is a layer of tissue in the eye of many vertebrate animals, that lies immediately behind or sometimes within the retina. It reflects visible light back through the retina,. — “Tapetum lucidum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Check back soon for our complete site. — “Tapetum Design”,
- Definition of tapetum in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of tapetum. Pronunciation of tapetum. Translations of tapetum. tapetum synonyms, tapetum antonyms. Information about tapetum in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “tapetum - definition of tapetum by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Aspects of the topic tapetum are discussed in the following places at Britannica. The tapetum, the nutritive layer of cells that lines the inner wall of the pollen sac, is of the secretory,. — “tapetum (plant anatomy) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- The Rice Tapetum Degeneration Retardation Gene Is Required for Tapetum Degradation and Anther Development[W] In flowering plants, tapetum degeneration is proposed to be triggered by a programmed. — “The Rice Tapetum Degeneration Retardation Gene Is Required”, m.nih.gov
- anther except the tapetum and gametophytic tissues, whereas the postmeiotic phase of anther development was char ment and precocious degeneration of the tapetum, followed by extensive microspore abortion that started soon after. — “Silencing of the Tapetum-Specific Zinc Finger Gene TAZ1”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of TAPETUM. 1 : any of various reflective membranous layers or areas especially of the choroid and retina of the eye. 2 :. — “Tapetum - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Previously, we reported that the TAPETUM DETERMINANT1 (TPD1) gene is required for specialization of tapetal cells in the tapetum. When TPD1 was expressed ectopically in the wild-type Arabidopsis carpel, the number of cells in the. — “Overexpression of TAPETUM DETERMINANT1 Alters the”,
- 8th Grade Cow Eye Dissection. SEE HOW WE GOT TO THE TAPETUM IN OUR DISSECTION. — “Keiko and Katie's Tapetum Page”,
-  Noun. tapetum (plural tapeta) (anatomy) A membranous layer of tissue  Related terms. tapetal  Derived terms wiki/tapetum" Categories: English nouns | Anatomy. Personal tools. Log in / create account. Namespaces. Entry. Discussion. — “tapetum - Wiktionary”,
- Tapetum definition, a layer of cells often investing the archespore in a developing sporangium and absorbed as the spores mature. See more. — “Tapetum | Define Tapetum at ”,
- The tapetum lucidum (Latin: "bright carpet") is a reflecting layer immediately behind, and sometimes within, the retina of the eye of many vertebrates and it serves to reflect light back to the retina, increasing the quantity of light. — “Tapetum lucidum - Psychology Wiki”,
- tapetum n. , pl. , -ta . Botany . A nutritive tissue within the sporangium, particularly within an anther t. fibrosum — a type of tapetum lucidum composed predominantly of organized bundles of collagen as found in ungulates. — “tapetum: Definition from ”,
- Results: Types of tapeta include tapetum cellulosum, tapetum fibrosum, retinal tapetum, invertebrate pigmented All but the invertebrate pigmented tapetum were examined histologically. — “EVOLUTION OF THE TAPETUM”,
- Definition of tapetum in the Medical Dictionary. tapetum explanation. Information about tapetum in Free online English dictionary. What is tapetum? Meaning of tapetum medical term. What does tapetum mean?. — “tapetum - definition of tapetum in the Medical dictionary”, medical-
- Definition of tapetum from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of tapetum. Pronunciation of tapetum. Definition of the word tapetum. Origin of the word tapetum. — “tapetum - Definition of tapetum at ”,
related videos for tapetum
- Bobcat Kitten vs. Pocket Gopher This young wild female bobcat kitten has found a meal, but the meal isn't quite ready to throw in the towel. Vicious fangs hold back the cat for a while. The glow in the eyes of the bobcat is called "Eyeshine" and occurred due to natural sunlight. Eyeshine occurs when light enters the eye, passes through the rods (light receptors) and cones (color receptors) of the retina (image surface), strikes a special membrane behind the retina, and is reflected back through the eye to the light source. This special mirrorlike membrane, called the tapetum (ta-PEA-tum) lucidum (Latin: "bright tapestry"), is not present in the human eye. We have dark-colored cells behind our retinas, which absorb light rather than reflect it. Animals that display the brightest eyeshine, such as the bobcat, have more rods (light receptors) and fewer cones (color receptors) in their retinas than animals with no eyeshine. As a result, they have excellent night vision, but most are color-blind.
- Maybe You Can with lyrics eyeshine from red stripes white lights
- a funny thing happened to me: Simone Milsdochter- KC De Werf Trailer voor de monoloog "A Funny Thing Happened To Me" (van Simone Milsdochter voor KC De Werf). Trailer pour le monologue "A Funny Thing Happened To Me" (de Simone Milsdochter pour KC De Werf). Trailer for the monologue "A Funny Thing Happened To Me" (Simone Milsdochter for KC De Werf). Monologue & text: Simone Milsdochter. Trailer: Stockholm Syndrom (Robbie Boi & Philippe Verkinderen). Music: Tape Tum (Benjamin & Lieven Dousselaere). Coach: Mieja Hollevoet. Techn.:Frédéric Aelterman. Prod.: KC De Werf.
- Adobe After Effects Glowing Eyes
- Desert Wildlife Night Cam #2 (Coyote & Roadrunner) Wild coyote feeding, wild roadrunner, and wild facts about the tapetum lucidum (the what?) in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona.
- Tape Tum www.canartfest.be
- Dog's eyes change color, green and black Teasing a pug with a carrot, light reflects off his tapetum lucidum depending on his eye movements.
- Photoshop Tutorial: Killzone Glowing Eyes Effect Tutorial Explaining a simple "Glowing Eyes" Effect for Killzone and Other Signatures or Art.
- choroid retina tapetum lucidum
- Sunday Flower by Eyeshine unsigned alternative rock band check them out and more at : Can't figure out the way you are It's like I'm chasing after stars You hang your shoulders on the moon I guess it's time your leaving soon You tone down Don't frown You're Outta town And Ya Come around Your eyes like fire they burn me up This time I know I've had enough The page we spent has left me sour And now you're gone my Sunday flower You tone down Don't frown You're Outta town And ya Come around Anyways these are timeless days Please don't fade away I guess I'll see you next Sunday don't get caught in the down slide ~Beezy Arielle **please rate
- Stichodactyla tapetum "Maxi Mini" spewing jizzum Stichodactyla tapetum spitting jizzum into water column.
- Tape Tum - Marlene Our friends Sarah & Charles made a video for the track 'Marlene'. Check their website:
- Eyeshine - Road Trip to Seattle! Eddie's Editing Debut! We gave Eddie a small DV camera and told him to shoot the Seattle Trip and here it is! A montage of our Road Trip to Seattle! Music: Can't Keep Running Away (Album: Red Stripes White Lights)
- Tape Tum, Botanique, Brussels 15.10.2010
- Fat cat with glowing eyes, crying for shrimp! Fat cat begging for shrimp. Eyes glowing in the dark. But don´t worry - she gets them off camera!
- Trancelike Void - The Stone Pond Band: Trancelike Void Album: Where The Trees Can Make it Rain Year: 2010 Type: EP Genre(s): Depressive Black Metal Lyrical theme(s): Emptiness, Despair, Existentialism Label: Ars Magna Recordings Country: Belgium Current line-up S. - Guitar, Bass, Vocals (Guardian Heliotrope, Instinct (Bel), Kilte, Tapetum Lucidum, The Apostasy, Toorn (Bel)) C. - Drums (Kilte) Trancelike Void - The Stone Pond
- Kilte - Haar Laatste Traan .. Depressive Black Metal (Belgium, Retie/Scherpenheuvel). Formed in 2003. Current Members: ·T. Morgoth (Herfst, Leave Scars, Welkin) ·S. (Guardian Heliotrope, Tapetum Lucidum, The Apostasy, Trancelike Void) ·CH (Trancelike Void) Past Members: ·Skog (Tapetum Lucidum, Agathocles) ·Sorath (Temenos, Tapetum Lucidum, Tilarids, Verderf, Avatar, Opus Nocturnales, Guardian Heliotrope) Releases: ·I - Demo, 2005 ·Absence - EP, 2006 ·Emission Through Self Infliction - Split (with Funeral Mourning), 2007 Official: www.kilte.tk Interview: ..
- Nike Tapetum Lucidum The Maestros TV Tapetum Lucidum is a short film made by Rogelio Sikander and Rodrigo Valdes for the Nike Sportswear launch party. It tells the story of a BMX rider being chased by demonic dogs in the streets of Mexico City.
- Eyeshine visits Bruce Lee's Grave Another Video shot and edited by Eddie from Seattle. Eyeshine visits Bruce Lee's Grave. Music: "Guide Me" by Eyeshine
- Eyeshine - "Guide Me" New Album Preview We are back in the studio recording a couple of albums! One is our shoegaze style - instrumental album new "Untitled Album" that will be released soon! The song in the video is called "Guide Me" and is from that album Help us get a Tour Van! Please register to Prilosec's Sponsorship website and vote for our profile and help us get a Tour Van! You can vote once per day or just whenever you can! Here:
- SCARY NIGHT WITH LIONS! To witness lions eating is one of the best moments you can have on safari, but when does it become a little scary? Well, when you can't see the lions anymore! These events took pace while on safari to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in Kenya, Africa. (They do GREAT things for wildlife and the community.) The big male lion featured in this video is wearing a radio collar. They are used at Lewa to help keep track of the lion and to aid them in various research projects. At times the lions eyes will glow. This is due to their special reflective layer called the tapetum lucidum. This helps cats see better much better than we do in the dark. Even though we were in an open jeep, as long as we stayed quiet and within the outline of the jeep we were relatively safe. So they say. Lions needs our help! Please view these various sites for more lion information. http *Thanks to my wife for helping me film while I was taking pictures and for not killing me for getting her so close to lion in the dark!
- Xtreme Lashes GlideLiner and Eye Shine Blends A demonstration of a few of the ways you can combine the award-winning GlideLiner Eye Pencils and Wishful Blinking Eye Shine cosmetics from Xtreme Lashes by Jo Mousselli to create stunning blends for your makeup looks. Xtreme Lashes GlideLiner and Eye Shine cosmetics are available exclusively through Xtreme Lashes Stylists and the Xtreme Lashes website. Ask your Lash Stylist about them today!
- Spooky Spanish Many animals in the deep sea produce light in order to attract a mate or catch food. Here we see the deep sea angler fish, jellyfish and other bioluminescent creatures. This video is taken from BBC's Blue Planet documentary series.
- scary demon cat my demon cat why the eyes of a cat glow: copy/paste from . Cats, dogs, and many nocturnal creatures appear to have glowing eyes because the back of their eyeballs include a special reflective layer called the tapetum lucidum. This helps animals (cats in this case) see better in low light by working like a mirror on the retina to reflect the light back through the eyes, giving them a second chance to absorb the light. The colors seem more visible at night because the pupils are dilated wider than during the day, allowing more of the tapetum lucidum to be visible. Humans don't have this layer. That partially explains why when you get your developed photographs back the subjects have red spots in their eyes. This is caused by the light from the flash traveling through the pupil and illuminating the blood-cell rich retina at the back of our eyes. The secret behind so-called "red-eye-reducing cameras" is that they use two quick flashes instead of one. The theory being that the first flash will cause the subject's pupils to restrict and let in less light, while the second will be used for the actual picture.
- Eyeshine video contest - Alone My entry for Eyeshine's music video contest. I recommend checking them out too, they're a great band.
- Stichodactyla tapetum "Maxi Mini" releasing eggs maxi mini releasing eggs.
- Sea Scent Sea Scent is a video clip for the band Tape Tum. The song was originally written for the movie By the sea and was later further developed by the band. Sea scent is an answer to this new version and uses a decayed 8mm film to visualize the music.
- Tape Tum - The Night Out Now! Our friends Sarah & Charles are working on a video for the track 'Marlene'. Here's a taste of what's coming.. Check their website:
- TAPETUM LUCIDUM
- Eyeshine - Dance With the Angels New song off of Eyeshine's new album "My Paper Kingdom".
- Mini Carpet Anemone on Turbo Snail Mini Carpet Anemone/Maxi Mini (S. Tapetum) hitching a ride on a turbo snail.
- Bigfoot Eyeshine - Sasquatch Investigations of the Rockies htttp:// Possible Bigfoot eyeshine caught at 1:00 am on a weeknight in Colorado. This was shot with a Night Vision monocular with IR assist. Further research indicated the very large glowing eye at 6'-9" above ground and 190' away from the camera. While still inconclusive......it is highly suspect as BF activity. This spot is in a known Bigfoot encounter area. Sasquatch Investigations of the Rockies.
- SDC10359 Anatomy of the Eye of Bos(cow) Pupil Iris Cornea Ora Serrata Ciliary processes Vitrius Humor Lens Tapetum Lucidum Pigmented retina Unpigmented retina Optic disk Optic Nerve Sclera
- Eyeshine - Summertime Track one of Eyeshine's Debut EP "How About That" Track Listing 01: Summertime 02: Need You Know 03: Cellophane Heart Girl 04: Not Really Good 05: Drama Queen 06: In My Eye 07: Selah 08: Sunday Flower In my opinion this is their best CD. ENJOY!!
- Tape Tum - Safety This time our Icelandic friends Erna & Valdi made a video! Safety video by Erna Omarsdottir and Valdimar Johannsson. Check Erna's site:
- Glowing eyes Something was wrong with my eyes. So I tried to fix my contacts, and apparently I have some sort of spiritual aura inside of me....or maybe I was just messing around with nodes in shake. Hmm...must be the aura.
- Eyeshine - "Here Comes The End Again" Music Video Eyeshine - "Here Comes The End Again" Music Video Featuring our good friend Sarah Carroll! GO SPARAH! Thanks for everyone who came out to help! This song is from our full album "Red Stripes White Lights" Available Now! @
- 091 - Tape Tum - Tell Me Something Download at
- Tape Tum @ Play 2010 Best view in HD. Photos : coming soon... Concert de Tape Tum au festival Play le 2 octobre 2010.
- Glowing Eyes Tutorial This video gonna show u how to glow eyes using Photoshop CS3/CS4..Hope u enjoy!..For more, please visit my website
- How to make colored glowing eyes (Photoshop) Ever wanted to make a character's eyes glow with the color of your choice? This vid will show you how. ^__^ Sasuke © Masashi Kishimoto
- EyeShine Ohayocon 08 This is a vid of the EyeShine Concert at Ohayocon 08. Don't mind the crazy close ups. I'm using this tape for something else.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about tapetum
“Limelight is Suite101.com's blog sharing news and events from our freelance writing community and the online publishing industry”
— Why Do Cats' Eyes Glow in the Dark?, suite101.com
“Help forum > Google Chrome > tapetum. tapetum's discussions. Joined Google Help on 3/16/10. Questions: 2 | Answers: 1. Display. questions sorted by. Topic. Asked By. Replies. Last Reply. sound crackles when using google chrome in Other troubleshooting help. 1/9/10. a***on. 9. 9/25/10. volto”
— tapetum - Google Chrome Help,
“Author Dr. Justine Lee offers sample content from her books, It's a Cat's World and It's a Dog's Life Home Blog General Pet Questions Why Do Pets Get "Red-Eye" in Photos? Why Do Pets Get "Red-Eye" in Photos? The tapetum lucidium is the tissue layer in the back of the eye (specifically, the”
— Why Do Pets Get "Red-Eye" in Photos?,
“It's no secret that I've started the C25K running program. I'm chugging along on week 6 now, having View All Blog Entries from TAPETUM. Saturday, November 20, 2010. It's no secret that I've started the C25K running program. I'm chugging along on week 6 now, having gone straight through,”
— I'm running! I'm really running!,
“Tapetum and. WordPress blog about Tapetum. Tapetum. And cand Arther, the sain sall thold, be the raell his and Now Ashattleffem, Jehourne nou und eve: ins oplive the ithee. This and th whobe purntrus sain thall the Che fraelassid. And heenswoes, shold, Thought”
“InsanelyMac Forum Viewing Profile. Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) each hour. tapetum. Members. About Me. Topics. Posts. Blog. Comments. Friends”
— tapetum - Viewing Profile,
“The Eyeshine Effect – The Tapetum Lucidum. If you read the entries on the AZ Master Naturalist Blog, then you have read about how Eye Shine - The Tapetum lucidum. For many animals, the eye shine is visible for miles! The difference is that they have a special”
— Arizona Master Naturalist News Web Log ("Blog"): The Eyeshine, blog.ltc.arizona.edu
“Page featuring photos of cool Raccoon Eyes. Blog. Photos. Prices. Pests. About Me. FAQ. Need someone like me to take care of your wildlife problems? Click on my nationwide trapper directory. Raccoon Eyes - Tapetum Lucidum Effect. 04.01.2004 - This is a photo of a mother raccoon and two of her baby raccoons”
— Raccoon Eyes - Tapetum Lucidum Effect,
related keywords for tapetum
- tapetum lucidum
- tapetum function
- tapetum lucidum implant
- tapetum lucidum pronunciation
- tapetum lucidum human
- tapetum lucidum in humans
- tapetum plants
- tapetum brain
- tapetum lucidum in platypus
- tapetum lucidum drawbacks
- tapetum lucidum function
- tapetum lucidum fish
- tapetum lucidum in animals
- tapetum lucidum cat
similar for tapetum
- tapetum lucidum
- blue eye
- the eye
- free encyclopedia
- tapetum of corpus callosum
- disambiguation pages
- personal tools
- internal link
- english dictionary
- medical dictionary
- tissue layer
- corpus callosum
- lateral ventricle
- the brain
- online dictionary
- reflecting layer
- thesaurus browser
- life sciences
- free online dictionary
- medieval latin
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- new latin
- origin of the word
- biological psychology
- night vision
- reflect light
- improves vision
- evolutionary psychology
- low light
- light conditions
- perceived image
- free dictionary