- synthesis n. , pl. , -ses ( ). The combining of separate elements or substances to form a coherent whole. — “synthesis: Definition from ”,
- Synthesis. December 04, 2008. Why? To explore the various forms of synthesizing compounds. One unique characteristic of biomass is that it is storing carbon from the co2 a plant breaths from the air. When burned, it may. — “Synthesis”,
- Science of Synthesis is a reference work for preparative methods in synthetic chemistry. Our Editorial Board regularly reviews the whole field of synthetic organic chemistry and updates the content of Science of Synthesis continuously. — “Thieme Chemistry - Science of Synthesis”, science-of-
- Synthesis Writing. Although at its most basic level a synthesis involves combining two or more summaries, synthesis writing is more difficult than it might at first appear because this combining must be done in a meaningful way and the final essay must generally be thesis-driven. — “Resources for Writers: Synthesis Writing”, users.drew.edu
- Stereoselective Synthesis and Reactivity of Dienyl Zirconocene Stereoselective Synthesis and Reactivity of Dienyl Zirconocene Derivatives. Nicka Chinkov,. — “SYNTHESIS”, technion.ac.il
- Learn about Synthesis on . Find info and videos including: What Is Collagen Synthesis?, What Is Cholesterol Synthesis?, What is the Definition of Synthesis? and much more. — “Synthesis - ”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of SYNTHESIS. 1. a : the composition or combination of parts or elements so as to form a whole b : the production of a substance by the union of chemical. — “Synthesis - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Special Notes about Synthesis Objectives. Links & References. Definition: Synthesis entails the act of creating something that did not exist before by integrating information that had been learned at lower levels of the hierarchy. Clarification of terms in the definition:. — “Synthesis”, education.calumet.purdue.edu
- Synthesis Manufacturers & Synthesis Suppliers Directory - Find a Synthesis Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Synthesis Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Synthesis-Synthesis Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- E-ISSN: 1437-210X. SYNTHESIS is a journal of international character devoted to the advancement of the science of synthetic chemistry, covering all fields of organic chemistry, including organometallic, organoheteroatom, medicinal, biological, and photochemistry, but also related disciplines. — “Thieme Chemistry - SYNTHESIS”, thieme-
- The Very first question that potentially arises here is "What is Synthesis ? There is no standard format for the netlists that logic synthesis produces, but EDIF (Electronic Design Interchange Format) is widely used. — “HDL Planet's Synthesis Page”,
- Definition of synthesis from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of synthesis. Pronunciation of synthesis. Definition of the word synthesis. Origin of the word synthesis. — “synthesis - Definition of synthesis at ”,
- The Synthesis Coalition was a union of eight diverse institutions funded by the National Science Foundation to design, implement and assess new approaches to undergraduate engineering Synthesis was a pioneer in devloping multimedia courseware and evaluating the effective use of educational technology. — “Synthesis - an Engineering Education Coalition”,
- The Johnson Synthesis of Zaragozic Acid C. Douglass F. Taber. 04 May Pinnatoxin A. Douglass F. Taber. 02 Feb. The Paquette Synthesis of Fomannosin. Douglass F. — “Total Synthesis Highlights”, organic-
- Instead, an example from the synthesis of reserpine by the R. B. Woodward group (Harvard), displayed in the Methanolysis of the strained lactone and esterification with trimethoxybenzoyl chloride complete the synthesis of racemic reserpine. — “Synthesis”, www2.chemistry.msu.edu
- Synthesis definition, the combining of the constituent elements of separate material or abstract entities into a single or unified entity ( See more. — “Synthesis | Define Synthesis at ”,
- A selection of articles related to Synthesis Synthesis: Encyclopedia - Synthesis. Synthesis (from the Greek words syn = plus and thesis = position) is commonly understood to be an integration of two or more pre-existing elements which results in a new creation. Synthesis - Philosophical synthesis. — “Synthesis”,
- Encyclopedia article about Synthesis. Information about Synthesis in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. chemical synthesis, frequency modulation synthesis, subtractive synthesis. — “Synthesis definition of Synthesis in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Bio-Synthesis Inc. a leading provider for Custom Antibody, Custom Peptide Synthesis, Custom siRNA Synthesis, Organic Laboratory Technique, Antibiotic Peptides. — “Bio-Synthesis, Inc”,
- Since 1980, Synthesis has provided product, system design, and strategic consulting services for entertainment, investment, and technology companies. entertainment and movie industries; computer hardware, software, and communications technology; and entertainment management, Synthesis is ideally. — “Synthesis - Consulting, Product and System Design”,
- In general, the noun synthesis (from the ancient Greek σύνθεσις, σύν "with" and θέσις "placing") refers to a combination of two or more entities that together form something new. The corresponding verb, to synthesise (or synthesize), means to make or form a synthesis. — “Synthesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Music, Art, Film, Fashion, Culture from Synthesis Magazine of Chico California. — “Synthesis”,
related images for synthesis
- Figure 1 Synthetic scheme for nanocrystal synthesis
- The strong reducing agent NaBH4 was used to reduce the Au3 + so that the reaction can be carried out at room temperature Figure 1 shows the scheme of our synthetic strategy Figure 1 Scheme of synthetic strategy In all our experiments 5 ml of the Au3 + solution 0 001mol dm3 was reduced by NaBH4 0 1mol dm3 in the presence of MA 0 1 mol dm3
- Example 1
- 2009 09 29 Synthesis Raul Midon
- Synthesis jpg
- synthesis map png
- Canonical Process Model Stage 2 Canonical Process Model Stage 3 Process Patterns
- synthesis jpg
- Click here for characteristics and rules for model synthesis Canoncial Process Model Canonical Process Model Stage 1 Canonical Process Model Stage 2
- New NCHRP Research Related to the Resilient Modulus Workshop In October 2007 the North Central Asphalt Research Partnership pooled fund conducted a workshop
- glutathione synthesis jpg
- Tranceplant Vic Synthesis club in Adelaide regular playing live and djing
- Synthesis jpg
- they may be and worked out some of the syntactic semantic ontological and lexical environment that is required Here is a typical result which has a lot in common with J C s synthesis Click to enlarge I have cut out the actual compounds though in the real example they have full formulae in CML and can be used to manage balance of reactions masses volumes molar
- Synthesis jpg
- Synthesis jpg
- synthesis 02 gif
- Physical Modelling Physical Modelling came to public awareness via Yamaha s VL Virtual Acoustic instruments in 1994 Unlike other forms of synthesis which generate a source and then modify it Physical Modelling
- Synthesis Handle
- Posted by ConstructsOfTau on 10 10 2006 09 45 PM
- therefore creates complex sounds from simple waveforms Casio used Waveshaping in its range of CZ synthesisers as an alternative to FM and called it Phase Distortion Granular synthesis Many forms of synthesis were developed by academics and Granular synthesis is one The foundations were laid by the composer Iannis Xenakis in the 1950s although it wasn t until the 1970s that
- manipulable output on data that you can tie to an input file like the output of an Excel file I did the following figure using a combination of IDL and Grace for a recent paper http pobox com ~joehall temp nasa synthesis gif Full disclosure I actually cited Mr Tufte s Challenger work in this paper Hall J L Columbia Challenger Organizational Failure at
- synthesis 1 gif
- PartenoCraft Syntesis Levi in vendita
- При заказе укажите нужную расцветку Посмотреть все расцветки
- to my turn to present something I really wondered how I would condense countless words into a short 8 minute space Words it seemed just wouldn t be enough And so I prepared the following A reproduction of the diagram I made in class Disturbing as this may look it is actually something I am rather proud of In essence it shows me the ugly eye on the left going in to my year
- Synthesis jpg
- different frequencies and amplitudes However although the original work involved sine waves there no reason why more complex waveforms cannot be added to produce even more complex sounds You may be familiar with the Fourier ***ysis display in audio programs such a WaveLab which show the individual frequencies that make up a sound You can see from these displays that any but
- Bearbeiten Praxis Nachteil der Streckersynthese ist vor allem dass aufgrund der fehlenden
- Canoncial Process Model Canonical Process Model Stage 1 Canonical Process Model Stage 2 Canonical Process Model Stage 3
- La responsabilità dei contenuti di questo stand virtuale è dell espositore stesso
- Synthesis type Shine buizenversterker 2 x 40 Watt klasse AB 2 x ECC83 2 x 12BH7A 4 x 5881 met afstandsbediening in diverse kleustellingen leverbaar ook in het zwart De MG 12 SE speakers kennen een verkoopprijs van € 1645 00 p p Afmetingen h x b x d = 130 x 43 x 4 cm Andere Magnepan modellen zijn op afspraak te beluisteren De Synthesis Shine
- synthesis gif
- Research Aims 1 Targeted Magnetic Nanoparticles for Hyperthermia Treatment of Cancer
- epichlorohydrin and the obtained epoxide compounds were then reacted with isopropylamine tert butylamine or guaiacoxyethylamine respectively to yield 3 new derivatives shown below The syntheses above create third generation β adrenoceptor blockers which possess ancillary cardiovascular actions other than β adrenoceptor blockade or cardioselective β
- Denaturation of proteins
related videos for synthesis
- Synthesis of Copper aspirinate A simple experiment in transition metal complexes, copper aspirinate is formed by reacting acetylsalicylic acid with copper carbonate. Copper aspirinate is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, and unlike copper (II) ions and aspirin alone, it avoids the toxicity of both. Transition metal complexes are not ordinary ionic compounds, and do not necessarily seek a complete shell of valence electrons (18e- for the d block of elements). In this case, copper aspirinate does have 18 valence electrons, but there are many exceptions. The electron configuration of copper aspirinate is predicted as follows: Copper(0) - ground state - 11 electrons Copper(II) - 2+ - 9 electrons 4 copper - alkoxy ligand bonds - 8 electrons Copper - copper sigma bond - 1 electron Thus, each copper atom has 9 + 8 + 1 electrons, for a total of 18. The acetylsalicylate molecules are called ligands in transition metal complexes, and in this case are anionic ligands which formally create a sigma bond with the metal centre, and change the metal centre oxidation state. Neutral ligands do contribute to the total electron count and share electrons with the metal centre, however they are only weakly bound, do not have a formal bond, and do not change the metal centre oxidation state. Copper carbonate from copper sulfate: - As an aside, you can make copper carbonate from the more common copper sulfate pentahydrate by this method: - Dissolve 8.6g Na2CO3 in 40mL distilled water, and dissolve 20.2g CuSO4*5H2O in 73mL ...
- Raul Midón - The Making of "Synthesis" Raul Midón in the studio recording his new album Synthesis, available in Europe & Japan Fall '09 and US Spring '10. Directed by Jon Fine Edited by Michael Schiller
- Interview With Madina Lake Watch as Video Matt sit's down with Matthew and Nathan of Madina Lake and did a little chit and chat about the Projeckt Revolution Tour & what not to eat on the road while touring.
- protein synthesis dance this was from a 70's science explaination video that had a lecture for 3 minutes before it, but due to time limits, i edited it out and left the gloriously odd dancing. enjoy
- FL Studio - FM Synthesis (Sytrus) Explained Visually Demonstrations of different Waveform outputs from simple FM Synthesis with descriptions of how we achieved it. Very rough examples.
- The Synthesis of Molecules in the Universe Earth is surrounded, and sustained, by molecules of extraordinary complexity and diversity. And yet, in the beginning of the universe there were no molecules of any kind. How did we get from there to here? In this Hitch*** Lecture presented by UC Berkeley, renowned astronomer and astrophysicist Alexander Dalgarno describes the synthesis of molecules in the universe and their unique complexity. Series: "UC Berkeley Graduate Council Lectures" [7/2003] [Science] [Show ID: 7416]
- Transcription and Translation This is another clip from the PBS production DNA: The Secret of Life. A Windfall Films Production for Thir***/WNET New York in association with Channel Four. © 2003 Educational Broadcasting Corporation.
- Protein Synthesis II This course is part of a series taught by Kevin Ahern at Oregon State University on General Biochemistry. For more information about online courses go to ecampus.oregonstate.edu 1. The anticodon loop has three bases complementary to the codon in the mRNA. tRNAs provide the translation function between nucleic acid sequence and amino acids. The anticodon loop frequently contains the inosine base. The base at the 3' end of the codon of the mRNA (corresponds to the base at the 5' end of the anticodon in the tRNA) is called the wobble base because it is less important for specifying the amino acid to be inserted than the first two bases. 2. Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases have the ability to recognize and correct errors in joining of amino acids to tRNAs. For example, if one puts the wrong amino acid on the end of a tRNA and then adds an appropriate aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase, the amino acid is readily removed. 3. Two regions of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases are important for editing - called the activation site and the editing site. 4. There are two classes of amino acid tRNA synthetases. They differ in the way they bind tRNAs and in which hydroxyl of the ribose ring they attach the amino acid to. Class I enzymes attach the amino acid to the hydroxyl on carbon #2. Class II enzymes attach the amino acid to the hydroxyl on carbon #3. 5. Base pairings in RNA are slightly different than in DNA. For example, GU base pairs are not unstable. "I" (inosine) can also pair with C,U, or A. 6. In ...
- LA Synthesis - Agraphobia - Plink Plonk This one used to get cained around London...
- Yamaha singing robot using VOCALOID speech synthesis software : DigInfo DigInfo - www.diginfo.tv YAMAHA VOCALOID AIST HRP-4C Related Links - - www.aist.go.jp - (CEATEC JAPAN 2009)
- Neon Synthesis - Stolen By The Wind Picture Video
- Biology: Protein Synthesis: An Overview for a pair of videos on protein synthesis or for a full set of videos on this in addition to a broader treatment of the ins and outs of molecular genetics including all of the aforementioned and more. Or, if you're really needing broader help with Biology, check out the full Biology course (390+ videos) at Last but not least - to get full access to this individual video, go to: Professor Wolfe provides an overview of the process of protein synthesis. Protein synthesis occurs when a ribosome bonds to mRNA in the cytosol of the cell and has four steps, initiation, elongation, termination and translation. Initiation begins when the start codon binds with the initiator tRNA at the P site. Elongation begins once the second tRNA anticodon binds with the appropriate mRNA codon at the A site. GTP provides the energy that is needed to form the peptide bonds that hold the polypeptide chain together. Termination occurs when the mRNA stop codon binds with a release factor. Translation results in the release of the new polypeptide chain. This lesson is perfect for review for a CLEP test, mid-term, final, summer school, or personal growth! Taught by Professor George Wolfe, this lesson was selected from a broader, comprehensive course, Biology. This course and others are available from Thinkwell, Inc. The full course can be found at The full course covers evolution, ecology, inorganic and organic ...
- Paramore Being Crazy Out Of The Vault Video GO TO FOR FREE DL OF THIS VIDEO!!!! All the footage you never got to see and some footage you did see. The footage you did see has been touched up and you might see old footage that you didn't see in the first Paramore being Crazy 1, 2, and others. What's New? Zac freestyles, Ajax jumps, josh fixes his hair so many times, hunter gets shot by air soft gun, jeremy spots camera, haley stars in her own movie called "My Hero" Subscribe to synthesis Magazine on youtube to make sure you are updated with new video from Paramore and other artist. Thanks again to Paramore over the years for the great times. You guys rock!! Produced By Kreative Films
- From RNA to Protein Synthesis RNA is synthesized from DNA, and enters the ribosome where protein translation and synthesis occurs.
- Synthesis of Carbon nanotube CNT has been prepared by fusing carbon rods at high temperature.
- Synthesis of Nitrocellulose Cellulose trinitrate synthesis using concentrated sulfuric acid (H2SO4) and concentrated nitric acid (HNO3). Do not attempt to make this. Chemistry = dangerous, Acid = dangerous, danger = dangerous. Music: Infected Mushroom - Deepongi , 1200 Mics - Acid for Nothing
- PURE DATA: 21 Beginning FM Synthesis Video tutorials on Pure Data (Pd) with Dr. Rafael Hernandez. In this lesson, achieving simple FM synthesis with a carrier and a single modulator.
- LA Synthesis - Harmonic Disassembly (video) One of my favourite ever videos (and tunes) Perfection...
- Chemistry Experiment: Ether Synthesis by Distillation Diethyl Ether is Synthesized by Catalytic Dehydration of Ethyl Alcohol. Sulfuric Acid is Used as the Catalyst in This Acid Base Reaction. Sulfuric Acid Forms the ester Ethyl Bisulphate and Generates Water. The Alcohol in the Reaction Bath remains Bound and Very Little Ether is Generated. When Excess EtOH is Added to the Reaction Bath at 140C, Ether is Formed and the Sulfuric Acid Regenerated. Water Generated in the Reaction is Distilled over with the Ether. The Reaction Mixture Becomes Black Due to Oxidation/ Reduction Side Reactions. The Reaction Bath Consists of: 20g of Clean Sand, 180mL EtOH, and 160mL of 96.4% H2S04. An Additional 750mL of Ethyl Alcohol is Slowly Added by way of an Addition Funnel. The Reaction Bath is Kept at 135- 145C while the Still Head Temp is 55-85C. The Second Distillation is Done with a Water Bath Due to the Extreme Flammability of Ether which has an Auto Ignition Temp of 170C. The Water Bath is Maintained Below 60C. The Ether Comes Over at a Remarkably Steady 35C Leaving the Excess Water Behind in the Calcium Chloride ~200g.
- Ep 1 - Motherboard - Granular Synthesis - Curtis Roads WATCH MOTHERBOARD - CURTIS ROADS ON VBS.TV www.vbs.tv There are two divergent streams in 20th century electronic music: The one most people are familiar with starts out with goofballs like Jean-Jacques Perrey and Vangelis noodling around on synthesizers and eventually devolves into Kaja Googoo. Curtis Roads is part of the other path, the one that follows insane geniuses like Stockhausen and Morton Subotnik and uses whatever-period-it-happens-to-be's state-of-the-art computer technology to produce compositions that completely defy conventional music logic and sometimes sound more like a freaked-out ATM than tunes you put on and listen to. See exclusive footage at
- Tripshots album - synthesis - [ anger / Nebula / Extended ] (09/7/30) hello guys! you don't like iTunes? ok.... You can download "synthesis" from the one which your choice right now! For the peoole who live outside in Japan, you can choice "Hear Japan". More detail, see this link. piapro.jp Hatsune Miku & Tripshots new album "synthesis" out now in iTunes store. Also you can download "Nebula" in iTunes Store right now! For more information, Go to
- Elementary Productions: Nitrous Oxide Synthesis The usual way of making Nitrous Oxide is by heating Ammonium Nitrate until decomposition. This reaction is very risky, as there is a danger of an explosion. In this video, Nitrous Oxide is made using Sodium Nitrite and Hydroxylammonium Chloride, which is a lot safer. The reason why this is not done in industry, is because the chemicals are much more expensive.
- Paramore Being Crazy 4 Episode #4 DOWNLOAD TO IPOD FOR FREE. Go to and DL all the paramore videos so you can watch them when you travel or at school or when you are bored. Check out z's and t's corner watch this video to find out what Z's and T's corner is and see Zac & Taylor do some more crazy interviews.
- Paramore Being Crazy 4 Episode #1 In this episode of Paramore Being Crazy Zac step's into my shoes and get's a feel of what it's like to interview people. The question's he say's are just like the name of this video CRAZY! Taylor is his camera man as well as I. Also Josh &hayley rock out to some NFG. This is one episode out of the 5 you don't want to miss. Make sure you subscribe to us on youtube so you know when all the new vids will be up!!!! Video Matt
- Macedonian Band Synthesis - Goceva 2 Synthesis live in Skopje with the Macedonian philharmony For more Information please visit: .mk
- Synthesis - new track from Double Vision DVD - Sydnei Carvalho e Alex Martinho Synthesis is a track from Double Vision DVD. A instrumental performance focused in dynamics, melodies, composition without forget tight technique and tone. A heavy tune but yet melodic and prog. Recorded last year in São Paulo city, Brazil, the DVD is the latest release from Sydnei Carvalho and Alex Martinho. They are very well know musicians in Brazil. The band is Ricardo Marins (guitar) Fabio Lessa (bass) and Rodrigo Martinho (drums). The DVD shows tracks from CDs Intensity (2006) and Intuition (2008), both where recognized as the best independent instrumental CDs by a major prize in Brazil. The DVD is unique. It has two discs. The first disc has a complete concert with extras and making of. The second disc is an instructional video teaching step by step how to play some tunes, shows techniques, composition and tone. Soon available on guitar9 and CD baby. More Info: .br
- Tose & Synthesis - Oj devojce tose & synthesis
- Synthesis Reactions Part 1 The following episode is on synthesis reactions. The following episode can be downloaded from iTunes by typing "PapaPodcasts" in the search window. Mr.P
- Protein Synthesis, Translation (1) Protein Synthesis, Translation Translation - the process of converting the mRNA codon sequences into an amino acid polypeptide chain. 1. Initiation - A ribosome attatches to the mRNA and starts to code at the FMet codon (usualy AUG, sometimes GUG or UUG). 2. Elongation - tRNA brings the corresponding amino acid to each codon as the ribosome moves down the mRNA strand. 3. Termination - Reading of the final mRNA codon (aka the STOP codon), which ends the sythesis of the peptide chain and releases it.
- COPPER ACETYLIDE EXPLOSIVE (synthesis) cuprous acetylide, a dark red powder, is a heat and shock sensitive high explosive much like silver acetylide except less sensitive. It is created here by passing acetyline gas through a copper chloride solution in the Presence of ammonia.
- DGM - SYNTHESIS Official Trailer Italian progressive metallers DGM will celebrate their 15-year aniversary with the release of a "stunning" live DVD, "Synthesis", due next month via Scarlet Records. Recorded in April 2010 in Rome, Italy, the DVD will be made available in a special package containing extra material plus a bonus CD featuring the band's greatest hits, re-recorded specifically for this release, as well as two previously unreleased tracks, "Just Like Before" and "The Only One". According to a press release, "Synthesis" is a "must for all the band's fanatics but also for those who have never experienced one of the greatest power-progressive acts in today's metal scene." DGM will hit the American soil next month when the band performs at the premier US prog/power metal festival ProgPower USA in Atlanta, Georgia, alongside such acts as KAMELOT, HAMMERFALL, NOCTURNAL RITES and many more.
- ATP synthesis 3 (pyruvic acid, krebs cycle, acetyl COA) ATP synthesis 3
- Subtractive Synthesis : Wave types and Oscillator What is the role of an Oscillator in a synthesizer? What are the basic wave forms? What are frequencies? There are lots of questions when it comes to constructing and deconstructing the sounds generated by synthesizers. Taken from the video tutorial Subtractive Synthesis, in this video clip David Alexander takes about the basic wave types and how they relate to oscillator of a synthesizer. For more information about this and other video tutorials, please visit .
- Paramore Being Crazy Final Episode Pt. 1 Hey, so since the last Episode is, so long of a video and it went over the max time on youtube we are going to serve it to you in two parts. This will be the last Paramore Being Crazy, for a little while. You don't want to miss this one cause it will be different from the other so different you wont even be able to believe your eyes. Thanks again guys and Paramore for all the great times. Remember all these videos you can find on iTunes music store. Type in Synthesis Radio and subscribe to our podcast and you will get all the other Episodes when we put them up. Remember it's FREE!!!!!! Video Matt
- DD Synthesis - Vo nase selo The great song "Vo nase selo" from the macedonian band "DD Synthesis". It´s on the CD "Swinging Macedonia".
- Quantum dot synthesis If you'll excuse the ridculously overdramatic soundtrack :) Synthesis of CdSe nanocrystals by injection of cadmium and selenium precursors into a high boiling point coordinating solvent at 360 degrees C. ~3nm particles of CdSe are initially generated. The intense color results from the quantum confinement effect on the electron as a result of the nanocrystal size being less than the Bohr radius of the exciton. Thus, as the particles grow larger, they become redder in color. A size series was generated by allowing the crystals to grow at 280C over a period of ~2 minutes. The visible spectrum from 515nm (green) to 650nm (red) was covered.
- Fatty Acid Synthesis/Prostaglandins This course is part of a series taught by Kevin Ahern at Oregon State University on General Biochemistry. For more information about online courses go to ecampus.oregonstate.edu 1. Enzymes that produce unsaturation in fatty acid biosyntheis are called desaturases. They employ an unusual electron transferring process initiated by donation of electrons from NADH and accepted by oxygen. Desaturases are found in the endoplasmic reticulum. 2. Essential fatty acids are those that must be provided in the diet of an organism, because the organism cannot synthesize them. In mammals, linoleic and linolenic acids are essential fatty acids because they cannot make double bonds closer to the end than the Delta-9 position (oleic acid is an omega-9 fatty acid). Thus, linoleic acid (Delta 9,12 double bonds = omega 6 for an 18 carbon fatty acid) and linolenic acid (Delta 9,12,15 double bonds = omega 3 for an 18 carbon fatty acid) must be provided in the diet of mammals. 3. Fatty acids longer than 16 carbons are produced by action of enzymes called elongases. These are found in the endoplasmic reticulum and the mitochondrion. 4. Trans fatty acids are produced by partial hydrogenation of vegetable oil. Hydrogenation of vegetable oil saturates its double bonds, raising its melting point. This chemical treatment is done for fats/oils in many processed foods and a byproduct of this action is creation of fatty acids with trans (instead of the natural cis) double bonds. Trans fatty acids in fats ...
- A Morphable Model for the Synthesis of 3D Faces The Morphable Face Model captures the variations of 3D shape and texture that occur among human faces. It represents each face by a set of model coefficients, and generates new, natural-looking faces from any novel set of coefficients, which is useful in a wide range of applications in computer vision and computer graphics. The Morphable Face Model is derived from a data set of 3D face models by automatically establishing point-to-point correspondence between the examples, and transforming their shapes and textures into a vector space representation. New faces and expressions can be modeled by forming linear combinations of the prototypes. In this framework, it is easy to control complex facial attributes, such as gender, attractiveness, body weight, or facial expressions. Attributes are automatically learned from a set of faces rated by the user, and can then be applied to classify and manipulate new faces. Given a single photograph of a face, we can estimate its 3D shape, its orientation in space and the illumination conditions in the scene. Starting from a rough estimate of size, orientation and illumination, our algorithm optimizes these parameters along with the face's internal shape and surface colour to find the best match to the input image. The face model extracted from the image can be rotated and manipulated in 3D. Presentation at SIGGRAPH 99, in collaboration with Thomas Vetter
- Macedonian Band Synthesis - Mori mome Synthesis live in Skopje with the Macedonian philharmony For more Information please visit: .mk
- Protein synthesis: an epic on the cellular level Directed in 1971 by Robert Alan Weiss for the Department of Chemistry of Stanford University and imprinted with the "free love" aura of the period, this short film continues to be shown in biology class today. It has since spawn a series of similar funny attempts at vulgarizing protein synthesis. Narrated by Paul Berg, 1980 Nobel prize for Chemistry.
- DNA Transcription and Protein Assembly This animation shows how the cell takes DNA information and creates proteins for use in the body.
- BioRap (DNA Replication and Protein Synthesis with a Beat) from the rock opera: Control of Gene Expression
twitter about synthesis
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about synthesis
“Home " Forums " Synthesis Forum. Are you an OSCI Member Employee or Community Participant? Synthesis Forum. Mailing List: synthesis_forum. List Name. synthesis_forum. List Address”
— Synthesis Forum - Open SystemC Initiative (OSCI),
“aaronowsky has not created any blog entries. Encyclopedia of Life Synthesis Center at the Field Museum - 1400 S. Lake Shore Dr. - Chicago, IL 60605-2496”
— aaronowsky's blog | The EOL Biodiversity Synthesis Group,
“Blog Archives. Synthesis Studios. January 12th, 2009. Reduce, Reduce, Reduce! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! You've surely heard it before. I will gladly credit portions of Synthesis's design strategies for managing innovation, technology, and UX design to David's”
— Synthesis Studios - Synthesis Blog,
“Creative Synthesis is a blog about bringing together human creativity through synthesis with science. We talk about design, experience, education, technology, simplicity, and you (the user)”
— Creative Synthesis - The Thoughts and Works of the Creative,
“Water Council have co-produced this Synthesis of the 4th. World Water Forum, in order to provide Forum participants and. the international water community with the main messages, lessons learnt, and key recommendations presented in all the. events that comprised the Forum”
“I ask this as this is the second synthesis I've written about this year by Aggarwal, both activity, its unique tetracyclic structure prompted us to investigate its synthesis”
“This is a discussion forum for Synthesis AG SyncML Client and Server product related discussions. To find out about Synthesis, go to http://www.synthesis.ch”
— Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin, forum.synthesis.ch
“Bloggapedia is a blog directory, blog search engine and a social network for bloggers. Register now to find other bloggers and blog posts that you like!”
— Gaming Blogs > Developers And Publishers > Design Synthesis,