- This chapter discusses the concepts of sustainability, sustainable development and sustainable transportation, and how TDM can help achieve sustainability goals. There is growing interest in the concepts of sustainability, sustainable development, and sustainable transport. — “Online TDM Encyclopedia - Sustainable Transportation and TDM”,
- Many communities are using the notion of sustainable development to guide growth and economic improvement. Sustainable development is a conceptual tool using economic and ecological principles to guide economic growth and improvement. — “Measuring the Regional Effects of Sustainable Development”, ces.ncsu.edu
- Sustainable Schoolyards create and maintain healthy and dynamic learning environments that demonstrate interconnectedness and a sense of place. — “What Is A Sustainable Schoolyard?”,
- The Sustainable Communities Network website connects citizens with the resources they need to implement innovative processes and programs to restore the economic, environmental, and social health and vitality of their communities. It addresses a. — “Sustainable Communities Network”,
- These "executive summaries" of actual attempts to pursue some aspect of sustainable development were created by the students of an undergraduate senior seminar at Colby College. All are designed to be two pages or less and are fully referenced for those who wish to consult the original sources. — “SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT CASE STUDIES”, colby.edu
- sustainable adj. Capable of being sustained. Capable of being continued with minimal long-term effect on the environment: sustainable agriculture. — “sustainable: Definition from ”,
- The Sustainable Winegrowing Program's mission, vision and values best describe the combination of factors that motivated the California wine community to design, develop, implement and report on a comprehensive sustainability program. Mission. — “California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance | About The SWP”,
- Sustainable Energy Fund (SEF) is a private non-profit organization that promotes energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy education initiatives in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the eastern PJM grid territory, which includes NJ, DE, and MD. — “Sustainable Energy Fund”,
- Developing eco sustainable projects that meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. — “Ecosustainable Projects - Environmentally Sustainable”, .au
- HOW DO WE DEFINE SUSTAINABILITY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT? SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT "the system does not cause harm to other systems, both in space and time; the system maintains living. — “Sustainable Development for Public Administration”, webhost.bridgew.edu
- Featuring news and articles from sustainable business trade publications and individuals. — “Sustainable Business Insider”,
- Creating sustainable buildings starts with proper site selection, including consideration of the reuse or rehabilitation of existing buildings. Among other attributes, a sustainable building maximizes daylighting; has appropriate ventilation and. — “Sustainable | Whole Building Design Guide”,
- The graph shows what is necessary for countries to maintain an acceptable standard of living for their citizens while, at the same time, maintaining sustainable resource use. The general trend is for higher standards of living to become less sustainable. — “Sustainability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Sustainable Business Design and Management (3) We will examine intelligent approaches for provisioning goods and services that result in long-term business profitability, restored natural world integrity, and the emergence of vibrant and stable communities. — “Aquinas College :: Sustainable Business”, aquinas.edu
- Sustainable Pacific Grove is working to foster actions by all who live in Pacific Grove, that will help us to become more self reliant as individuals and as a community. The goal of the movement is to help towns become sustainable in all the ways that it is possible. — “SPG Home Page”,
- Sustainable Atlanta's Energy Task Force works to drive Atlanta towards a strategic energy Sustainable Building. The Sustainable Building Task Force works to protect the health, safety and welfare of Atlantans through its work on the Atlanta Sustainable Building Ordinance (ASBO). — “Sustainable Atlanta”,
- Sustainable Industries interviews Brent Constantz. Brent Constantz might be on to something big: a way to sequester carbon from power plants that also reduces emissions attributed to the concrete industry. Business Guides. 2011 Sustainable Energy Handbook for Business. — “Sustainable Industries | The Business Source for Leaders of”,
- Scheme of sustainable development: at the confluence of three Sustainable development has been defined as balancing the fulfillment of human needs with the protection of the natural environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but in the indefinite future. The term. — “”,
- A detailed account of how sustainable agriculture integrates environmental health, economic profitability, and social and economic equity. From UC Davis. — “What is Sustainable Agriculture?”, sarep.ucdavis.edu
- Sustainable Prosperity is a national research and policy network, based at the University of Ottawa. Sustainable Communities. Helping municipalities address environmental concerns while creating new sources of. — “Sustainable Prosperity : Home EN”, sustainableprosperity.ca
- Sustainable Business Oregon selects Sustainable Northwest for its nonprofit vision award. SNW staff visit Mt. Adams Resources Stewards and see some of the great projects underway to promote and practice sustainable forestry in their log-sort yard. Guest Blog from Robin Boies. — “Sustainable Northwest”,
- Definition of sustainable in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of sustainable. Pronunciation of sustainable. Translations of sustainable. sustainable synonyms, sustainable antonyms. Information about sustainable in the free online English. — “sustainable - definition of sustainable by the Free Online”,
related images for sustainable
- Sustainable jpg
- sustainable September
- profiles with creative writing and quality photographs some of the many successful projects from ecovillages to indigenous movements to urban food forests underway around the world The final version is unlikely to look like this but it gives you an idea The purpose of the book is to create a resource tool to help drive Permaculture thinking into the mainstream by
- Sustainable Cancun Workshop
- Sustainable Gardens
- facts jpg
- blogheader jpg
- conservation practices towards sustainable agriculture the case of small farms in India As reported in our last newsletter IEI s Asian Regional Initiative in Bangalore has begun a field project on energy
- Discothèque écologique de Rotterdam 15 avril 2008 par Kat
- is rad someone must be working in the shadows waiting for us to get our heads out of the ground give them the stimulus money so we can proceed to the future and live Green green green hemp instead of timber hemp instead of oil hemp the new billion dollar crop hey I m finished with my rant you survived it
- Cedar forest 923x486 png
- Sustainable Ireland Picture Sized CM jpg
- about the Trail the website link is currently www sustainableswansea net This is in need of updating at the moment but there is quite alot of information to be found about the Trail
- the wind to act as air conditioning and to transform sun light into electricity With all this intelligence in a building it wouldn t be necessary to conect it to a power or water grid
- meet your needs and achieve as many LEED points as possible or practical Our LEED AP can assist you with the entire LEED certification process
- sustainable jpg
- the Mg and Mn supply rates were found in the mound than in the undisturbed area and decreased in the exposed mineral soil and decreased with increasing distance from the mound Figure 3 Figure 3 Mean n=4 Mg Mn and S supply rates measured in undisturbed and mounded microsites and at 0 10 25 50 and 100 cm along a transect from the mound after mechanical mounding
- sustainable nb gif
- 3 December 2009 | By Jo Stimpson
- Envie para um amigo
- Sustainable Design Bellway Homes large jpg
- next sustainable jpg 66 04 KB
- From Doing Social Responsibility to Being Social Responsible In the last blog posting I mentioned that I would introduce an expanded model for CSR and Sustainability which was developed
- MONT sustainable jpg
- Posted on Thursday 27 April 2006 at 07 52 PM in
- of Tibet Powers collaborated with MIT students and villagers from Amdo Tibet to develop a light and portable cooker which would suit the needs of villagers in the area more Wellesley Students Featured for Sustainability Efforts At Wellesley College nine students live in a new co op style dorm where they are looking to make college life more
- initiative is one of the main legs of the Collegiate Peaks Sustainability Initiative The other legs of the initiative include energy lifestyle and green building
- Get in touch
- impact and maximize their productivity However they are massive in scale and would cost a great deal to build This huge initial outlay is part of what is keeping them out of production The Dongtan Eco City is designed to be the world s first not only an environmentally but also a socially economically and culturally sustainable city The site is over 50 square miles in
- president at GreenHomes America in Syracuse N Y We look at the utility bills the homeowner s comfort issues and issues like ice dams a common winter affliction in northern climates We then come in with a blower door to measure leaks and find them he says The blower door he explains sucks the air from the house and shows where the homeowner is losing air They also
- sustainable jpg
- food than their occupants would consume His mission to gather architects engineers economists and urban planners to develop a sustainable and high tech wonder of ecological engineering Architect Pierre Sartoux of Atelier SOA has gone a step further and put some serious design talent behind his proposal for a vertical farming skyscraper A light shading skin wraps around
- Uutta viljelyalaa on reilusti vaikeampi hankkia Esimerkkejä tässä http farm1 static flickr com 184 412490633 eb37323371 jpg http www strandtea com shop images uploads inline images sustainable agriculture jpg
- Sarah Lozanova August 26 2008 As the largest consumer and small business bank BofA NYSE BAC can have a major positive or negative impact on the environment Since March 2007 the bank has taken on a $20 billion
- client satisfaction The type of quality in transportation planning and engineering you can depend on from Bolton Menk Not seeing what you need Contact Chris Chromy at 952 890 0509 or chrisch bolton menk com At Bolton Menk we strive to deliver the services that you are
- based on both content and public viewership so participants are encouraged to screen their videos for family and friends The winner will be announced on Earth Day 2009 Wednesday April 22
- Added value to the original building
- Veröffentlicht am 3 Juni 2009 von Marcel collage by n guerilla cc by essjay Am Sonntag sind EuropaWahlen Wir wollten nur nochmal frEUndlich dran erinnern Und wer sich noch nicht so ganz sicher ist wo er denn sein Kreuz
- only provide food for hundreds of thousands of people per building but they will also relieve much of the burden on other flat landscapes where fewer and fewer usable growing spaces exist One of the first designs of its kind the compelling vertical farm project above was undertaken by Chris Jacobs in cooperation with the grandfather of skyscraper farm concepts Dr Dickson
- Minister Yap is presented with the recent best seller Hot Flat and Crowded by Peter Ronald Provincial Coordinator with the B C Sustainable Energy
related videos for sustainable
- Living Mulch Sustainable Farming near Missoula Helen Atthowe, Missoula County Horticulturist (1995-2010) http speaks about a variety of experiments with living mulch. She covers minimum till, no till and full till. Helen talks about creating beneficial insect habitats: bees, parasitic wasps, (in april she was experiencing a 1-to-1 ratio of parasitized aphids to non parasitized aphids), spiders, ground beetles ... Broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage yields are explored. Using three foot wide raised beds. The minimum till was done with a single shank chisel plow followed by a light tilling with a tiller/rotovator. Living mulches experimented with include clover which contributes nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, but also competes with the production crop. The trick is to find the balance and get the best of all worlds. Music by Jimmy Pardo
- Microsoft Video - A Sustainable Future Super futuristic video with touch glass displays everywhere, e-paper devices, random screens, you name it. Probably one of the coolest videos I've seen imagining technology in the future - with a green twist.
- Sustainable Unit Super Adobe Dome Built from local materials Almost wood free Maximum use of space for minimum use of materials (doing more with less) Self-contained unit Can be repeated to form a larger home or an eco-village Can be built by a team of 3-5 people Designed with the sun, shade and wind for passive cooling and heating Wind-scoop can be combined with a rated furnace unit. Solar energy and radiant heating may be incorporated. Interior furniture can be built-in with same material Structurally sound and disaster-proof Earth turns to gold in the hand of the wise Rumi
- Sustainable Shelter This is a re-post from my channel guys. Had a lot of questions about it and if i had done a video on this shelter so I wanted to post it here as well for people not aware of my channel. Keep in mind this video was not intended as a PF School video! Thanks
- Sustainable IT How virtual collaboration replaces the need of travel and physical meetings in order to reduse the carbon footprint..
- Hemp - The Environmentally Sustainable Alternative (Part 1) Hemp History 101
- Sustainable development and the tragedy of commons Stockholm whiteboard seminars: Elinor Ostrom explains how people can use natural resources in a sustainable way based on the diversity that exists in the world.
- World Youth Day will be a 100% sustainable The 2011 World Youth Day in Madrid will be an environmentally sustainable event in respect for the earth, thanks to the campaign "100% natural." Part of the work will be carried out by the Spanish company Zeroemissions, which plans to offset the environmental impact of World Youth Day through purchasing carbon credits from five sustainable projects, meant to represent every continent.
- Arthur Potts Dawson: A vision for sustainable restaurants If you've been in a restaurant kitchen, you've seen how much food, water and energy can be wasted there. Chef Arthur Potts-Dawson shares his very personal vision for the waste-free restaurant -- recycling, composting, sustainable engines for good (and good food).TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the "Sixth Sense" wearable tech, and "Lost" producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on , at http Watch a highlight reel of the Top 10 TEDTalks at
- Biospharms - Sustainable Agriculture Mini Farming A Biospharm is a sustainable agriculture mini farm capable of sustaining a family through solar power, rain water cisterns, complimentary animal ecosystems, small herds, fruit trees, and vegetable gardening. The name is a combination of biosphere and farm. The "ph" was kept, because this is not the kind of large scale farming that most people think of. It's small scale agriculture for personal consumption, not for comercial purposes. Biospharm communities are under construction right now, and more videos will be coming soon. We've designed the entire community concept to be affordable for literally just about anyone. Subscribe to this chanel to keep up to date on the latest developments. We'll be explaining the concepts and appropriate technologies in detail shortly. PM us if you think you may be a pharmer at heart, or if you have questions about any of the material we cover. We'd love to hear from you.
- Sustainable Living Program, Environment 185, ESLP, Lecture 1, UCLA Scott Sherman on "Introductions, Footprints, and Empowerment," as part of theEducation for Sustainable Living Program (ESLP). ESLP is a student designed, student developed, and student facilitated program offered through UCLA's Institute of the Environment. ESLP runs a Lecture Series which brings guest speakers from UCLA and across the country to speak on specialized subjects including food systems, green business, organic gardens, sustainable living, the green economy, environmental justice, transportation, as well as sustainability projects across Los Angeles. More information can be found at www.eslp-. Scott Sherman is a founder of the Transformative Action Institute (TIA), devoted to training a new generation of social entrepreneurs, innovators, visionaries and problem-solvers for the 21st century. Some clips and images may have been blurred or removed to avoid copyright infringement. * See all the UCLA Education for Sustainable Living classes in this series: * See more courses from UCLA: * See more from UCLA's main channel on YouTube:
- The Need for Sustainable Fisheries Click on the link above for more info on today's episode! The World Wildlife Fund shows us the importance of creating sustainable fisheries to preserve the world's fish populations. WWF Sustainable Fisheries Programme - SASSI African Renaissance Productions www.africanrenaissance.co.za World Wildlife Fund Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates! Join us on Facebook for behind the scenes pics and videos!
- Sustainable Agriculture: Curing America's Eating Disorder The alternative to the longstanding American food policy of "cheap and lots" is to eat locally, eat seasonally and eat organic. Filmmaker Bonnie Bucqueroux and her dog Schmoopsie look at the sustainable agriculture movement, including a visit to Michigan State University's Student Organic Farm, where Dr. John Biernbaum discusses the options people have to grow their own food or to buy from local growers.
- Green Careers: Sustainable Agriculture (clip) Sustainable agriculture strives to produce food in a way that maintains the health of the land, protects the people who work it, and benefits those who enjoy its abundance. This program provides an inside look at an organic farm and an organic retail store and discusses the day-to-day challenges and rewards of working in this field. Organic farming includes a wide range of jobs in production, marketing and distribution. Organic farming is a very competitive business, but for people with an interest in growing food, plus muscle power and brains, it can be a rewarding career. Many people in this industry grew up on farms, but there are also opportunities to start at an entry level and learn the business. It is by definition local, so there are opportunities anywhere, in both rural and urban settings. 22 minutes, color. Jobs profiled in this program include: Farm Manager, Retail Sales Manager, Organic Produce Buyer. Grade Levels: 7 to Adult direct link to purchase the DVD:
- WWF - Bristol Bay: Sustainable fisheries, sustainable future Bristol Bay: Sustainable fisheries, sustainable future
- Janine Benyus: 12 sustainable design ideas from nature In this inspiring talk about recent developments in biomimicry, Janine Benyus provides heartening examples of ways in which nature is already influencing the products and systems we build.TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers are invited to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes -- including speakers such as Jill Bolte Taylor, Sir Ken Robinson, Hans Rosling, Al Gore and Arthur Benjamin. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, politics and the arts. Watch the Top 10 TEDTalks on , at http
- Sustainable Unit - Super Adobe House Video made by João Amorim, edited by Pedro Tarragô about the building process of a sustainable unit - Super Adobe House. More information at
- Mitchell Joachim of Terreform, on sustainable architecture Mitchell Joachim of Terreform, a non-profit sustainable architectural design organization, on architecture, sustainability, treehouses, and how Terreform's work encompasses all three of these topics. UpBeatnik aka Vic Aguilar
- SUSTAINABLE TRANSFORMATION: An Interview with Ervin Laszlo Concert pianist-turned-philosopher Ervin Laszlo talks about his personal intellectual and spiritual evolution and about the evolutionary challenges facing humanity as global civilization approaches the 'chaos point.' The cofounder with Ludwig vonBertalanfy of General Systems Theory, Laszlo talks from a broad, trans-diciplinary perspective that integrates leading-edge science and spiritual understanding from many traditions. The founder of the Club of Budapest, he travels the world working with many organizations on the urgent mission of helping create a 'sustainable transformation' to a peaceful planetary civilization before its too late.
- Tom Dixon on Sustainable Design Iconic British designer Tom Dixon talks about his work and issues and contradictions of sustainable design.
- ULTra PRT sustainable transit 2 ULTra is a battery-driven, 200-mpg-equivalent, elevated personal rapid transit system with many four-person vehicles. First deployment is scheduled for London Heathrow Airport in Spring 2010, to serve Heathrow's new Terminal 5. Working as circulator transit for airports, office parks, universities, and other major activity centers, ULTra is faster than a car. In these applications, ULTra solves the "last mile problem." For more info: Visualization by Nathan Koren, Tony Wooster, Matthew Cross. Music: Andrew Gorny. Voice: Mo McFeely. Higher resolution versions available at: This is a slight update to the original video that had 42000 views.
- e2 design II — Bogotá: Building a Sustainable City podcast This is the third in a series of video podcasts for the PBS series e2 design II. Each podcast takes you beyond the episodes and deeper into the world of sustainable design. During his tenure as mayor of Bogotá, Colombia, Enrique Peñalosa was both revered and scorned for his urban planning and transportation policies. His public works projects, which largely favored the pedestrian experience, were unlike anything previously built in Bogotá. Peñalosa describes the environmental and social importance of minimizing automobile culture. Major corporate funding for the e2 series is provided by Autodesk. More information is available at and www.e2-
- Jaime Lerner: Sing a song of sustainable cities Jaime Lerner reinvented urban space in his native Curitiba, Brazil. Along the way, he changed the way city planners worldwide see whats possible in the metropolitan landscape.TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers are invited to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes -- including speakers such as Jill Bolte Taylor, Sir Ken Robinson, Hans Rosling, Al Gore and Arthur Benjamin. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, politics and the arts. Watch the Top 10 TEDTalks on , at http
- New Nglelepen- Sustainable Development A joint venture funded by WANGO and built by DFTW. A new village to replace one destroyed in the May 2006 earthquake on the island of Java.
- The Green Grok's DIY Sustainable Food Shopping Tour Dr. Bill Chameides, dean of Duke University's environmental school and lead blogger of , gives tips on how to fight global warming by retooling your trips to the grocery store.
- Cody Lundin's sustainable home 2005 shoot of survival instructor Cody Lundin's self-designed, passive solar earth home in the remote high desert of Arizona.
- Strategies for Sustainable Agriculture: Vegetables (Sample) Rooy Media LLC has created over fifty programs that educate people about important social issues. This video clip is a sample from Strategies for Sustainable Agriculture: Vegetables, one program in a six-part series that profiles the impressive strides many farmers have made in lowering the use of chemicals and creating healthier food, a safer environment, and greater profits. Produced in association with Rodale Institute. For more information, visit
- William Ury: Negotiating for Sustainable Agreements William Ury, the co-author of the best-selling Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In, shares the strategies he has developed at the Harvard Negotiation Project for creating sustainable agreements in diplomacy and business. Ury is presented by the Institute for Peace & Justice at the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies at the University of San Diego. Series: Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice Distinguished Lecture Series [12/2009] [Public Affairs] [Business] [Show ID: 17671]
- Sustainable urban development in Zaragoza Spain (Eco Ciudad Valdespartera) The urban area of Zaragoza, the eight in Spain in terms of population (almost 700000 inhabitants) has in recent years demonstrated its will to make the most of its strategic position in the peninsular - on the one hand the Madrid-Barcelona axis and on the other, the Valencia-Bilbao axis, through strong investment in infrastructures, renewing its productive structure through sustainable urban development in the shape of a series of projects which have are giving excellent results. Investment in infrastructure has taken the form of various projects, both highways and a network of peripheral roads, motorways and fast lanes, the extension of routes to the airport in the last few years and particularly the start-up of the high speed train covering the Madrid-zaragoza-Barcelona route. In relation to this latter project, Zaragoza is part of the high speed cities network, among whose objectives are: defining joint promotion and development strategies and exchanging experiences and information. Also, without ignoring the intense concern for, and the activities carried out in relation to, conservation and intervention in the historic city, of particular note in terms of sustainable development in Zaragoza in the last few years is the so-called Ecociudad Valdespartera (eco-city). In 2004 the Council of Ministers authorised the transfer of government land (Ministry of Defence), which allowed the construction of around 100000 homes, of which 97% were social housing, and out of these a ...
- Human-Scale Tools for a Sustainable World Peak Moment 67: At Smith and Speed Mercantile on Orcas Island, hand tools line the walls and tables along with organic wool comforters and non-toxic paints. It's an extension of Kathleen Smith and Errol Speed's off-grid homestead where they work at "the speed of living," using hand tools that reconnect them to the earth.
- Part 1 - Sustainable Food (UCLA Lecture) Date: 4-9-08 UCLA Education for Sustainable Living Film courtesy of BRUIN CAST The 19th century mantra if you wanted to prosper was ... go west. The frontier offered unlimited opportunities. But, there were limits. My advice is to go back young man, go back young woman. Look at what your grandparents and great-grandparents ate? They obviously did something right—you're sitting here, after all! They lived and carried on their line—it's up to you now.
- Sustainable Skyscraper Today's green architecture is tomorrow's sustainable society, but it doesn't come without a cost. Ultimate Skyscraper : THU NOVEMBER 6 9P et/pt :
- RNC Eve: Police Seize Sustainable Living Bus More at . Delyla Wilson tours the country with her family in the "PermiBus," a mobile permaculture demonstration. The group is in the Twin Cities to teach people about sustainable living practices. On the evening of Saturday, Aug. 30, 2008 the bus was pulled over in what police eventually described as a routine traffic stop. After detaining the bus occupants, the police decided the bus was a commercial vehicle and impounded it for inspection, leaving the family and their guests stranded and homeless. The police allowed the Wilsons to remove their dogs and chickens, but were not allowed to retrieve their computers or any other belongings, including their daughter's shoes. This incident ended a day that saw multiple pre-RNC raids, which some legal observers believe is a coordinated pre-emptive effort by local and national law enforcement agencies to chill RNC protest action. Video by Chuck Olsen of The UpTake Photos by Tony Webster, used with permission
- Sustainable Dave Explains Vermicomposting A quick down and dirty explanation of vermicomposting or worm composting
- Sustainable development: the bigger picture Putting sustainability into action, originally made for internal use at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Sustainable Development
- Davos Annual Meeting 2011 - Redefining Sustainable Development 28.01.2011 How can sustainable development become a driver of inclusive growth? The following dimensions will be addressed - New growth paradigms - Systemic approaches - Role of business • Jim Balsillie, Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Research in Motion, Canada • Felipe Calderón, President of Mexico • Mike Duke, President and Chief Executive Officer, Wal-Mart Stores, USA • William H. Gates III, Co-Chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USA • Tarja Halonen, President of Finland • Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, President of Indonesia; Chair 2011 ASEAN Opening Address by • Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General, United Nations, New York Moderated by • Thomas L. Friedman, Columnist, Foreign Affairs, The New York Times, USA
- Future of Connected and Sustainable Cities A short film looking at the challenges and opportunities facing cities.
- Review: Urban Decay Sustainable Shadow Box Please note: I often record my videos in multiples, usually five or six in one day. If I am wearing the same clothes or makeup in more than one video, that is why. This video was recorded some time prior to the day it was uploaded and so I may not remember what eye makeup or lip product I am wearing. Sorry about that. This review of Urban Decay's Sustainable Shadow Box was requested by Ange1gur1. This is a limited edition item. Details: Sustainable Shadow Box $36 Available at , , Sephora stores and wherever else you can find Urban Decay products.
- The Role of Sacramental Plants in Sustainable Communities in the Western Amazon Google Tech Talk January 14, 2010 ABSTRACT Presented by Paulo Roberto Silva e Souza. The Amazon rainforest is an ancient and highly diverse ecosystem that provides essential benefits for our entire planet and everything that lives on it, breathes air and depends on water. This ecosystem is being destroyed and its existence is being threatened by unthinking greed in the form of cattle ranchers, the agriculture industry, logging, and the infrastructure required for these encroachments. The talk tells the stories of three communities living in the forest in sustainable ways as stewards with respect and emerging understanding of natures principles using the spiritual teachings transmitted through the use of sacramental plants: the Yawanawa tribe and the Santo Daime communities in Ceu do Mapia and Ceu do Mar. The common thread through the talk is the necessity for the social expansion of environmental consciousness and the ways that this can be facilitated in the minds and hearts of people living in the style of the Western World with its focus on acquisition and domination. Paulo Roberto Silva e Souza received his degree in psychology from the University Gama Filho in Rio de Janeiro and began his professional carrier as a psychologist at the Pinel Hospital Suicide Prevention Center and the Ana Freud Clinic and Health Center Saint Romain in Rio de Janeiro. In 1976 he had first experiences with Santo Daime in Amazonia and was initiated by Padrinho Sebastiao. In 1982 he founded ...
twitter about sustainable
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about sustainable
“blog_top_2.jpgiStock fotoSustainability blog<p>Check out the latest blogs. Read what fascinates us - and do let us know what you fancy at the moment.</p> Blogging from Mexico City Summit: Reclaim the streets Posted by Maria”
— Blog | Sustainable Cities, sustainablecities.dk
“Blog | 2010-09-25. Sustainable Berea is still offering several re-skilling classes to help One of the many Re-Skilling Classes offered by Sustainable Berea included Raising Backyard Chickens by Beth Tillery. Many thanks to those who”
— Blog " Sustainable Berea,
“Welcome to this Blog where I hope we can share information on the and opportunties that Sustainable Resources Management can participate in together with”
— Blog | Sustainable Resource Management, sustainable.on.ca
“The Sustainable Seafood Forum, which is the only event of its kind held in Asia, The Sustainable Seafood Forum builds on a growing number of recent efforts to”
— CHINA FISHERIES & SEAFOOD EXPO 2010,
“From the field all the way to the table, we're watching the growth of sustainable food. Sustainable Energy. At a time when energy is on top of every business leader's mind, our Sustainable Energy blog tracks the latest”
— Blogs | Sustainable Industries,
“more " Latest Blog Posts. Lectio for Feast of All Saints: Luke 6:20-31. Five leadership © 2010 Sustainable Faith | All rights reserved. design | wp theme | Log in”
— Blog | Sustainable Faith,
“This November Sustainable Echo is turning two! To celebrate its second birthday, I decided to make a healthy vegetarian raw salad we named after our blog, instead of a birthday cake. If only our kids would trade their birthday cake Tags:”
“The West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum and its partners are convening this free working session designed to gather and share information and October 7th, 2009 | Tags: Aquinas College, sustainability, West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum | Category: Joe's Blog | Leave a comment”
— MiSustainable Business Blog,
“LOWER YOUR UTILITY BILLS AND GET GREEN with Sustainable Future! - Your NUMBER ONE resource for knowledge and equipment for Solar Energy, Solar Thermal and other renewable energy solutions”
— Sustainable Future - Solar Technology & Home Energy, sustainablefuture.biz
“The Upstate's Blog on what's happening and what's available within the sustainable and natural health communities. Mable's Unique Shopping Blog. She has a ton of great ideas featuring sustainable clothing, makeup, reusable”
— The Sustainable Blog - Sustainable Greenville,