- A sulcus (pronounced with a hard c) (pl. sulci) is a depression or fissure in the surface of an organ, especially Examples of sulci In the brain See Sulcus (neuroanatomy) Elsewhere anterior interventricular sulcus calcaneal sulcus gingival sulcus gluteal sulcus interlabial sulci intermammary sulcus. — “Sulcus”,
- Definition of sulcus in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of sulcus. Pronunciation of sulcus. Translations of sulcus. sulcus synonyms, sulcus antonyms. Information about sulcus in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. central sulcus. — “sulcus - definition of sulcus by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Sulcus definition, a furrow or groove. See more. — “Sulcus | Define Sulcus at ”,
- Overview: The term sulcus vocalis is used specifically to describe a groove or infolding of mucosa along the surface of the vocal fold. In the area of the sulcus, the mucosa is scarred down to the underlying vocal. — “Sulcus Vocalis: eMedicine Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic”,
- The line at which the skin of your nipple and areola meet is called the areolar sulcus. The fold between your breasts is called the intermammary sulcus, more commonly known as cleavage. — “Sulcus - Medical Definition of Mammary Sulcus”,
- Wikipedia sulcus (plural sulci) (anatomy) a furrow or groove in an organ or a tissue (anatomy) any of the grooves that mark the convolutions of the surface of the brain (planetology) subparallel grooves and ditches formed by geological processes. Wikipedia has an article on:. — “sulcus - Wiktionary”,
- Sulcus information including symptoms, causes, diseases, symptoms, treatments, and other medical and health issues. — “Sulcus - ”,
- [LOCATION] You are located in menu-tree (+1) for the word-cloud of "sulcus tali" [VIEW] The number below that words indicates the max. amount of logical connections to "sulcus tali", that are available. — “sulcus tali”, w9
- Superior sulcus tumors were first described in 1838, but were an obscure entity until the reports of Henry Pancoast in the first third of the 20th century. Pancoast mistakenly believed that these neoplasms arose from embryonal rests of the fifth. — “Pancoast's syndrome and superior (pulmonary) sulcus tumors”,
- Sulcus vocalis is a thinning or absence of a special layer of tissue, called the They point to the fact that sulcus is never seen in children, and that sulcus appears to be found more often in certain ethnic groups as evidence suggesting that it is developmental and possibly genetic. — “Voice Disorders - Sulcus Vocalis”,
- sulci) is a depression or fissure in the surface of the brain. It surrounds the gyri, creating the characteristic appearance of the brain in humans and other large mammals. Large furrows (sulci) that divide the brain into lobes are often called fissures. — “Sulcus (neuroanatomy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Anterior interventricular sulcus. You don't need to be Editor-In-Chief to add or edit content to WikiDoc. You can begin to add to or edit text on this WikiDoc page by clicking on the edit button at the top of this page. Next enter or edit the information that you would like to appear here. — “Anterior interventricular sulcus - wikidoc”,
- Online Medical Dictionary and glossary with medical definitions In medicine, there are many sulci (plural of sulcus) as, for example, the superior pulmonary sulcus. — “Sulcus definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular”,
- Definition of sulcus in the Medical Dictionary. sulcus explanation. Information about sulcus in Free online English dictionary. What is sulcus? Meaning of sulcus medical term. What does sulcus mean?. — “sulcus - definition of sulcus in the Medical dictionary - by”, medical-
- Aspects of the topic sulcus are discussed in the following places at Britannica. Shallow grooves called the interventricular sulci, containing blood vessels, mark the separation between ventricles on the front and back surfaces of. — “sulcus (biology) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- sulcus n. , pl. , -ci . A deep, narrow furrow or groove, as in an organ or tissue. Any of the narrow fissures separating adjacent convolutions of. — “sulcus: Definition from ”,
- Some distance behind the frontal pole a prominent fissure, the lateral sulcus separates it from the temporal lobe. Superior Frontal Sulcus separates the superior frontal gyrus from the middle frontal. — “Brain Anatomy”, med.wayne.edu
- Sulcus. Lifestyle, fitness & health information about Sulcus. Shoulder Subluxation Symptoms, Herbs for Periodontal Gum Disease, Herbs for Periodontal Disease, Brain Cognitive Functions. — “Sulcus | ”,
- ( A sulcus is one of the prominent grooves on the surface of the human brain.) The precentral sulcus divides the inferior, middle, and superior frontal gyri from the precentral gyrus. In the majority of brains, the precentral sulcus is divided More from ". — “Precentral Sulcus - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News”,
- Top questions and answers about Sulcus. Find 27 questions and answers about Sulcus at Read more. — “Sulcus - ”,
- Pages in category "Sulcus (neuroanatomy)" This category contains only the following page. S. Sulci (neuroanatomy) Media in category "Sulcus (neuroanatomy)" The following 83 files are in this category, out of 83 Lateral sulcus.png. 27,814 bytes. Lateral sulcus2.png. 28,144 bytes. — “Category:Sulcus (neuroanatomy) - Wikimedia Commons”,
related videos for sulcus
- HOFFMAN SUTURE and sulcus fixation of IOL. young boy with bilateral lens dislocation ..Unable to manage school with best correction.
- phaco PCT and vitrectomy with sulcus PMMA IOL implant PCT during epinuclues aspiration, good vit is done with sulcus IOL PMMA implantation
- Transoral Robotic Surgery: Glossotonsillar Sulcus. Johns Hopkins Hospital Brief presentation of a transoral robotic surgery for a cancer in the base of tongue area performed at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Circular sulcus of insula (Progressive/Math Metal) I had a brainfart and this is the result.
- ZCB00 Haptic in the sulcus corrected.mp4 Single piece IOL haptic, should not go in the sulcus. IF that happen, this will result into pigment dispersion syndrome, glaucoma and uveitis. This haptic problem, should be discovered during the surgery or early after and the IOL be repositioned into the bag, before complications start. This case was discovered at the end of the surgery and it was repositioned. It was ZCB00 Tecnis,
- Sulcus Sign
- scleral fixation of foldable IOL in the sulcus above the decentered bag
- Sulcus Baerveldt Glaucoma Implant Dr. Celso Tello and Dr. Kenneth Schor demonstrate the implant of a Baerveldt glaucoma implant into the sulcus, in a patient with a previous trabeculectomy. The 23 gauge needle is placed approximately 2-2.5 mm posterior to the limbus into the sulcus. The tube is covered with Amnioguard patch graft.
- Arbela Sulcus: Cutting Ganymede This video, based on mosaics obtained during Galileo's 28th orbit of Jupiter, crosses Arbela Sulcus, a narrow lane of bright terrain deep within the ancient cratered terrain of Nicholson Regio on Ganymede. The 4-frame mosaic, at 130 meter resolution, features three major terrain types common to Ganymede. We start over a region of grooved bright terrain, that has been that has been intensely faulted, forming a series of parallel ridges and troughs. The deepest of these troughs or grooves, in the lefthand foreground, is about 600 meters deep. The smaller ridges are typically 100 to 150 meters high. The first large crater is 6 kilometers wide and almost 700 meters deep. As we move forward, the grooved terrain comes to an abrupt end, cut by Arbela Sulcus, which here is 24 kilometers wide. This band of smooth bright terrain is nearly free of faulting and is relatively, though not entirely flat. Subtle fault-lines run parallel to the edges of the band, which most likely formed by the emplacement of now-frozen water lavas across the surface of a downdropped block of older terrain. The video ends over a highly fragmented section of Nicholson Regio proper. This terrain is heavily cratered, very rugged and very ancient. Such terrains cover only approximately 33% of Ganymede today. The narrow troughs are on the order of ~500 m deep and show that parts of ancient dark terrain were heavily fractured without forming bright terrain. The topographic data used to make this video are ...
- Sulcus Vocalis For more information please visit www.rph-
- Sulcus Sign Test Clinical Test for Instability
- Examination for unstable shoulder. Sulcus test, Rowe test This video contents have sulcus test on rest and abduction, Rowe test. When patient have characteristically unstable shoulder it show positive sign (both laxity and symptom)
- ZCB00 Haptic in the sulcus 2.mp4 Single piece IOL haptic, should not go in the sulcus. IF that happen, this will result into pigment dispersion syndrome, glaucoma and uveitis. This haptic problem, should be discovered during the surgery or early after and the IOL be repositioned into the bag, before complications start. This case was discovered at the end of the surgery and it was repositioned. It was ZCB00 Tecnis,
- Sulcus Sign Sulcus Sign is an orthopedic test used to determine multidirectional instability and specific laxity of the superior glenohumeral ligament. A positive test involves a step off deformity at the shoulder when distraction is applied to the humerus. The verbal description for this test was taken from Clinical Skills Documentation Guide for Athletic Training by Amato et al
- sulcus vocalis Lt. & scarred vocal fold Rt. sulcus vocalis on left vocal fold and scarred vocal fold on right vocal fold
- sulcus glottidis www.medunigraz.at
- Sulcus IOL replacement and membrane optic capture Sulcus 3 piece Silicone ARRAY IOL was removed due to undesirable post-op refraction. A 3 piece Alcon MA60AC IOL was placed with the haptics visualized in the sulcus and the optic- captured by the membrane .
- Laryngoplasty of sulcus vocalis
- Sulcus Sign for Inferior Instability This educational video is provided by the Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine. Go to www.siom.edu.
- Sulcus Sign Test
- Sulcus Vocalis This video shows pre & post operation result of "Sulcus Vocalis" patient
- Sulcus Sign The sulcus sign is described as a test for general laxity of the glenohumeral capsule. Others describe it as a test for the coracohumeral ligament. In my experience it´sa indicator for laxity.
- Step 2 Sulcus brush Dr. Wallace W Wong-Orthodontics For All Ages, Bellevue WA Step 2 of the 5 steps to good oral hygiene www.bellevue-
- 7-818, Ciliary Sulcus Fixation In 1999 Dr Sugiura introduced a new technique to help make suturing haptics of intraocular lens into the Ciliary Sulcus safer and more exact using the 'Ciliary Sulcus Pad'. The original design used a silicone sponge pad that matched the shape of the Ciliary Sulcus. With the pad positioned at the Ciliary Sulcus, a needle pushed through the pad would repeatedly and accurately pierce the Ciliary Sulcus in the correct position. Dr Sugiura worked with Duckworth & Kent to develop an injector for inserting the needle, using titanium as the material for the Ciliary Sulcus Pad. The Sugiura Ciliary Sulcus Pad Injector (7-818) simplifies the procedure and uses a material that is safe and widely used in ophthalmology. Since the width of the Ciliary Sulcus pad is 2mm it can be inserted through a 2.6mm corneal incision. It is introduced into the eye from the opposite side of the point where the needle is inserted. Smoothly moved under the iris, and placed at the Ciliary Sulcus. Pushing the injector plunger the needle passes through the injector pad and the Ciliary Sulcus. The needle is pushed out and injector withdrawn.
- Reichert Reflex UBM Sulcus to Sulcus avi The Reichert® Reflex™ Ultrasound Bio-Microscope is a compact, all-in-one, ultrasound instrument for imaging the anterior segments of the eye. Users can now image pathologies, which may be obstructed by opacities or ocular structures, that OCT technology cannot. The easy to use touch screen interface provides effortless use of ***ysis tools, while the unique probe design allows the operator to examine the patient in sitting or reclined positions, without the need for a traditional water bath. Video obtained using Reflex movie capture feature
- Secondary IOL implantation in the Sulcus www.al- This patient sustained penetrating globe injury and traumatic cataract for which primary repair and lens aspiration was done and the patient kept aphakic.
- PC Tear during I/A IOL sulcus implanted PC Tear during I/A. No Vitreous loss. IOL sulcus implanted. I Usually avoid this type of complication by using the J-cannula then implant the IOL then do I/A with IOL protecting the PC.
- Sulcus Sign Test (CR) Physical exam maneuver used in the clinical exam to evaluate for pathology in the shoulder.
- Rhinal sulcus and Occipitotemporal gyrus I found out where they were so here u go...
- Arteficial iris for sulcus Absence of the iris (congenital or traumatic) is connected with photodysphoria and blurred vision. In this case an acceptable design of the stenopeic membrane like an iris was implanted into sulcus,
- Ciliary Sulcus Fixation of foldable IOL ASCRS 2009 Award (New Producer Runner Up) wining Film posted by Dr. Y KONDO Technique for recovery in cataract surgery. Through the un-enlarged wound, foldable IOL can be fixed in the ciliary sulcus.
- Posterior Optic Capture of Dislocated Three Piece Sulcus IOL Dr,Gimbel demonstrates a dislocated three piece sulcus IOL management using posterior CCC and posterior optic capture , pushing the IOL optic through the PCCC
- Boils in The Mouth [Buccoalveolar Sulcus] This video shows an abscess (boil) involving the inner side of the left cheek mucosa. It looks swollen and inflamed which had cause trismus (pain on jaw opening] left facial swelling and dehydration due to poor fluid & food intake.
- Fold & Insert 3 piece IOL in Sulcus
- Sulcus Vocalis: Rigid Laryngoscopy versus Videostroboscopy This video shows a significant glottic gap upon phonation due to bilateral sulcus vocalis. In this condition, there is loss of lamina propria substance which is essential for normal mucosal waves propagation. Thus, the covering epithelium became directly tethered onto the vocal fold ligament underneath resulting in non-vibrating segment. Endoscopically, it appears as linear furrow or sulcus along the free edges of the membranous vocal folds. The degree of hoarseness is severe and breathy in nature.
- Damascus Sulcus, Enceladus
- Sulcus bicipitalis medialis et lateralis, hiatus basilicus (HD) Videodemonstrace sulcus bicipitalis medialis et lateralis a hiatus basilicus pro potřeby studentů 3. LF UK. Copyright © 2010 Martin Holek, Katarína Hubčíková
- Laser Procedure - Sulcus Decontamination Using DEKA Ultraspeed CO2 The DEKA Ultraspeed CO2 is being used to treat Periodontal disease non-surgically. By using the 100mm handpiece and the Perio Insert and Perio Tip and the DEKA Ultraspeed set at level 4 and 50 hertz.
- Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus Doom/Death from Ireland Track #5 from the album "The Sullen Sulcus" Released in 2002 via Aftermath Music I do not own any copyrights, they all belong to the mighty Mourning Beloveth! Lyrics: Through a mirror of silver my sullen sulcus portrays some dark anger. For the grey lights wrapped their chaotic shape round my tired,hungry eyes. Fractaled rancour bleeds through the lifeless mirror within which all hope sprawls, dangling from the cool draught of air to amuse us all. The black and white frames which flash unerringly, bend they bend to an end, touched by scorching sunlight and this self induced madness Where I see the world explode into miniscule droplets of unnerving sadness But to stop would be to blunt the very stars that shine from behind a threatening stone. The yellow beams, touched by starlight, delve the shrieking tortured air, to founder in a sea of ether and a planet of fools. Idle minutes devour Open space, seething nebula takes hold and strangles dripping torment. Bright and lucid Colours meld design that seem to dip and swerve to fathomless depths, where eyes can drink the sights of dreams. It is in these moments of ponderous nausea that the scattered atoms solidify The cruel, silver portrait swallowed by time itself had uttered nothing but truth through the separated darkness. With morningfall, emptied it`s aching particles into the reaches of my furrows.
- SULCUS at UPSHOT 3.1 Nov. 14, 2009 Club Phi, Metrowalk Dancers: Eki Dela Cuesta Jomar Gelera Christian Lacambra Kevin Wan Zoo Bacalzo Stan Castillo Elly Burgonio Eka San Diego Nath Jardin Anna Avena Denise Chua
- Sulcus sign Self-sulcus test performed on this athlete
- The Central Sulcus
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about sulcus
“People who are nicer have more active brains (specifically, larger posterior superior temporal sulci) than people who do not engage in altruistic helping behavior, according to a new study by Duke researchers. More here: Altruism describes the”
— The Seventh Sense: How Active Is Your Posterior Superior, ken_
“Thrush in the central sulcus! - Wednesday, September 02, 2009 3:01 PM. So, I've been Re:Thrush in the central sulcus! - Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:41 PM. It occured to me”
— Thrush in the central sulcus!,
“MR shows the deep lateral sulcus with "kissing contusions" typical of one lung field, a deep sulcus sign at the lateral costophrenic angle”
— Symphony Community - View topic - Lateral Sulcus Sign,
“ Ung HD came to mind but no discolouration in tissues sub ungually nor in the nail sulcus. sulcus tissue and also explained the very small circumscribed swelling in the sulcus on”
“Green sulcus bamboo is a wonderful choice for an exotic-themed border. According to the Guardian's Paul Whittaker, this specimen is a "highly”
— Green sulcus bamboo highly ornamental specimen' | Athelas,
“Sulcus, you got it”
— Sulcus, you got it,
“The sulcus is the region between the tooth and surrounding gum area. Once plaque and bacteria have been the reservoir effectively holds the treatment solution along the gum line and prevents bacteria populations from regenerating in the sulcus”
— ¤ Sulcus | Miami Dentist Blog ¤,
“Prior to the November 21, 2009 flyby of Enceladus, Cassini scientists planned to use the opportunity for a long look at Baghdad Sulcus. were used to compose this mosaic image along Baghdad Sulcus, one of the four main "tiger stripes" that cross”
— Cassini at Enceladus: Baghdad's Glowing Canyon - The,
related keywords for sulcus
- sulcus sign
- sulcus limitans
- sulcus terminalis
- sulcus tear
- sulcus vocalis
- sulcus test
- sulcus function
- sulcus brain
- sulcus terminalis knee
- sulcus sign shoulder
- sulcus sign knee
- sulcus sign grading
- sulcus sign pneumothorax
- sulcus sign shoulder test
- sulcus sign at 90 degrees
- deep sulcus sign knee
- deep sulcus sign femur
- deep sulcus sign pneumothorax
- deep sulcus sign radiology
similar for sulcus
- the brain
- free encyclopedia
- atlas of the cerebral sulci
- cerebral hemisphere
- individual variation
- cortical surface
- median sulcus
- calcarine sulcus
- medical dictionary
- gingival sulcus
- shallow groove
- vertical groove
- scleral sulcus
- deep groove
- battle of sulci
- free dictionary
- ancient town
- disambiguation pages
- personal tools
- sports science
- soft tissue
- houghton mifflin company
- unanswered questions
- dental dictionary
- sulcus lacrimalis
- musculospiral groove
- english nouns
- calcaneal sulcus
- central sulcus
- cingulate sulcus
- occipital lobe
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- linear groove
- sulcus centralis
- english dictionary
- shallow furrow
- cerebral convolutions
- dictionary results
- narrow groove
- sulcus terminalis
- narrow grooves
- parietal lobes
- lateral surface