- *** cord-stromal neoplasms account for ~10% of all ovarian neoplasms. Also unlike common epithelial tumors, *** cord-stromal tumors often have more specific symptoms. — “OVARIAN CANCER: Diagnosis and Treatment”, ovariancancer.jhmi.edu
- Definition of stromal in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of stromal. Pronunciation of stromal. Translations of stromal. stromal synonyms, stromal antonyms. Information about stromal in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “stromal - definition of stromal by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors information including symptoms, diagnosis, misdiagnosis, treatment, causes, patient stories, videos, forums, prevention, and prognosis. — “Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors Symptoms, Diagnosis”,
- Stromal definition, the supporting framework or matrix of a cell. See more. — “Stromal | Define Stromal at ”,
- In cell biology, stromal cells are connective tissue cells of an organ found in the loose connective tissue. Stromal cells near the bottom of the epidermis (the very top layer of the skin) release growth factors that promote cell division. — “Stromal cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- In cell biology , stromal cells are connective tissue cells of an organ found in the loose connective tissue. In cell biology , stromal cells are connective tissue cells of an organ found in the loose connective tissue. — “Stromal Cell - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News”,
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the stomach: a clinicopathologic immunohistochemical and molecular genetic study of 1765 cases with long-term follow-up. GIST Support International - Diagnosis & Pathology Results. - 6/30/10. — “Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor - Cancer Network”,
- Within the uterine neoplasias, endometrial stromal tumors represent a group of mesenchymal tumors that are defined primarily by Endometrial stromal tumors may show various morphologic and immunophenotypic features that may become diagnostically challenging or be a possible. — “IAP 2006 Slide Seminar #13 - Sarcomas of the Female Genital”,
- Definition of Stromal in the Medical Dictionary. Stromal explanation. Information about Stromal in Free online English dictionary. What is Stromal? Meaning of Stromal medical term. What does Stromal mean?. — “Stromal - definition of Stromal in the Medical dictionary”, medical-
- Corneal Stromal Dystrophies: A Clinicopathologic Review. Ophthalmology Case Reports and Grand Rounds from the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences. — “Corneal Stromal Dystrophies. ”, webeye.ophth.uiowa.edu
- In this study, we cultured human adipose stromal cells (hADSC) and bone marrow stroma cells (HBMSC) in human serum (HS) during their isolation and expansion, and demonstrated that they maintain their proliferative capacity and ability for multilineage differentiation and promote. — “adipose stromal cells: Topics by ”,
- An Absence of Stromal Caveolin-1 Expression Predicts Early Tumor Recurrence and Poor Clinical Outcome in Human Breast Cancers Stromal caveolin was scored for each tissue sample based on three. — “An Absence of Stromal Caveolin-1 Expression Predicts Early”, m.nih.gov
- Stromal. Learn about Stromal on . Get information and videos on Stromal including articles on tumor associated antigen, wilms tumor, lens cases and more!. — “Stromal | Answerbag”,
- Stromal or mesenchymal neoplasms affecting the gastrointestinal (GI) tract typically present as subepithelial neoplasms, and they are divided broadly into two groups. The most common group consists of neoplasms that are collectively referred to. — “Epidemiology, classification, clinical presentation, and”,
- Stromal cyclin A expression was the best separating marker between tumor grades. Correlations existed between stromal overexpression of p16INK4A and p21waf1, p16INK4A This is significantly correlated with mitotic count but not stromal cellularity, pleomorphism, margin, and stromal overgrowth. — “Phyllodes tumor”,
- Endoscopic image of GIST in fundus of stomach, seen on retroflexion.Same GIST seen on forward view of the endoscope showing overlying clot. A gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) is one of the most common mesenchymal tumors of the. — “Gastrointestinal stromal tumor”,
- Overview: Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) are the most common mesenchymal neoplasms of the gastrointestinal tract. GISTs can also originate in the mesentery and omentum. Overall, GISTs are rare and rank a distant third in prevalence. — “Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors: eMedicine Gastroenterology”,
- There may be a CD10+ endometrial stromal component and a CD10- smooth muscle / myofibroblastic component7. 6/7(including 6/6 cases containing smooth muscle)7, 4/4(2 stromal nodules and 8 stromal sarcomas)9. — “endometrial stromal sarcoma”, e-
- Stromal. Lifestyle, fitness & health information about Stromal. 3 Types of Stomach Tumors, What Are the Treatments for Herpes in the Eyes?, Testicular Cancer Cell Types, Testicular Cancer Types. — “Stromal | ”,
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) belong to a group of cancers called soft tissue sarcomas. Sarcomas are rare tumors that arise from the cells which give rise to connective tissue (such as muscle, fat, nerves, blood vessels, bone, and. — “Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GISTs) Information on Healthline”,
related images for stromal
- DNA RNA
- CLOSE WINDOW Small bowel gastrointestinal stromal tumor with a diffusely thickened bowel wall
- stromal thickness The risk of iatrogenic perforation due to removal of the pigmented infiltrate was very high Therefore it was decided not to perform the superficial keratectomy Figure 3 UBM color scale display showing cross sectional view of the cornea The infiltrate involved full stromal thickness A discussion was held with the
- A Wessely ring presumably immune in origin may be present Vascularization and scarring follow There is usually epithelial edema endothelial inflammation see arrow 1 below and uveitis There may be posterior synechiae rubeosis irides secondary glaucoma Histopathology The overview of most pathology cases shows marked thinning of the central stroma notice the thinned
- protein immune reactivity was found in both areas but was predominant in the area of tightly packed tumor cells In both areas the cytoplasm portions of cells were stained Fig 4 Figure 4 Detection of StAR protein in a sclerosing stromal tumor A The tumor consists of two compartments an edematous area and a solid cellular area The solid
- A confocal image of EGFP positive stromal cells in a B16 melanoma that express fibroblast activation protein alpha and that mediate local immunosuppression
- Stromal sarcoma Endolymphatic stromal myosis Endometrial stroma in myometrium can be benign or malignant Benign stromal nodules of endometrial stroma in myometrium do not invade surrounding tissue or blood vessels
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor A 62 year old women presented with 2 episodes of massive GI bleeding Nuclear medicine GI bleed scanning demonstrates increased tracer activity in
- CLOSE WINDOW High magnification of stromal tumor of uncertain malignant potential in close association with benign prostatic glands Some authors would consider this association in the spectrum
- The preview images do not contain enough pixels to make small type legible on screen however the actual delivered images will contain labels that are clearly legible view PDF preview
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumor in a 49 year old woman The mass was found incidentally during an upper GI workup for peptic disease The smooth appearance suggests a
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumor with huge exophytic component which has become ulcerated Barium collects in the exophytic ulcer crater arrows
- micro3 jpg
- by IHC for Vimentin Fig 2 and negative for CD34 lipopolysaccharide receptor CD 45 leukocyte common antigen HLA DR suggestive of non contamination with haematopoietic lineage Figure 2 The stromal cells stained with H E Giemsa and Vimentin They demonstrated positivity to Vimentin and negative to CD34 CD45 The cells were immunophenotyped
- were washed off excess antibody and suspended in 250 l of sheath fluid and the FACS calibur was run to demonstrate the positivity of CD106 marker along with IgG isotype control Figure 3 CD106 positivity of the bone marrow stromal cells Green histogram represents isotype control and purple CD106 Clinical details of the patients studied
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor Selective masked injection in the superior mesenteric artery red arrow demonstrates a large arterial feeder with tumor staining white arrows
- Figure 1 Gastroscopy and endoscopic ultrasonography showed a
- CLOSE WINDOW Higher magnification of stromal tumor of uncertain malignant potential showing cellular details Although pleomorphism is present the cells lack large nucleoli and there are no
- Figure 3 Histopathology of the tumor showing whorling and parallel
- a fibre about 30 nm in diameter and these fibres are then further folded into higher order structures At levels of structure beyond the nucleosome the details of folding are still uncertain Figure Reprinted by permission from Macmillan Publishers Ltd From the following article Controlling the double helix Gary Felsenfeld and Mark Groudine Nature 421 448 453 23 January 2003
- CLOSE WINDOW Small bowel gastrointestinal stromal tumor with multiple liver metastases arrows
- cp39032 f2 jpeg
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor Delayed images demonstrate large draining vein which empties into the superior mesenteric vein red arrow
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor GIST Image obtained 1 year later in the patient in Image 7 The mass has increased in size A GIST was found at surgery
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor GIST CT scan obtained in the patient in Images 7 8 shows the same GIST It appears as an intramural mass with both exophytic and endophytic
- CLOSE WINDOW Low power magnification of prostate core biopsy showing stromal tumor of uncertain malignant potential at right and sharp demarcation from benign prostatic tissue Note increased
- Richard Tanya Bev Marina 03 Richard Tanya Bev Marina
- CLOSE WINDOW High magnification of stromal tumor of uncertain malignant potential showing myxoid stroma and degenerative cells
- F can uterus rupture > 23 Oct 2008 14 02 64k F can uterus rupture > 23 Oct 2008 14 02 6k F can uterus neoplas > 22 Oct 2008 11 41 92k
- Prostate Hyperplasia6 StromalAtypia jpg
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumor GIST en face Upper GI image obtained during the single contrast enhancement portion shows an incidentally found mass The smooth borders
- is a measure of the number of cells in the M phase mitosis Cells exit the cell cycle and remain in G0 to fulfill their functions in the body without any growth This G0 state is quiescence In her research Dr Duensing used the GIST cell line GIST882 to study how imatinib may cause GIST cells to become quiescent She found that cells enter quiescence when CDH1 moves into the
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor Image obtained in the same patient as in Image 1 A more caudal portion of the tumor has areas of necrosis arrows with air present within the
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor Enteroclysis results were surprisingly normal No abnormalities are seen and no significant mass effect suggests the presence of the mass
- DNA RNA
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor Image obtained in the same patient as in Image 3 after imatinib mesylate Gleevec administration Note the decreased size of the liver metastases
- only 1 of cancers We are so very appreciative to Bev and Bruce Shriver for the invitation to participate and for all their efforts to make this a Sarcoma community effort The Team Sarcoma Bike 2006 Tour held July 1 7 2006 is an internationally coordinated event designed to
- 6 Trichrome stains identify mature collagen as bluish green fibers depending on the stain used Fig 4
- gave a poster presentation about the NIH clinics for pediatric and wildtype GIST Barbara had her photo taken with him next to the NIH poster below You can see the poster at this link Sunitinib Christopher Garrett MD of MD Anderson Cancer Center presented a poster entitled Long term survival in a Phase III trial of Sunitinib in imatinib resistant intolerant GIST with
- CLOSE WINDOW Gastrointestinal stromal tumor GIST Patient in Image 16 then underwent angiography which demonstrates a mass white arrows in the same location as the small bowel bleed The
related videos for stromal
- The Miracle of Birth Converting Placental-derived Adult Stem Cells to Therapeutics Pluristem Therapeutic Inc. (NasdaqCM: PSTI) is a bio-therapeutics company dedicated to the commercialization of allogeneic (non-personalized) cell therapy products derived from the human placenta, an organ that has traditionally been considered medical waste after childbirth. The company uses its PLX products for the treatment of a variety of ischemic and autoimmune disorders where current therapies are unavailable or inadequate. Pluristem's adherent stromal cells are and a non-embryonic, non-controversial source of cells.
- LASIK, The Flap Never Heals This results in a weak, central and paracentral hypocellular primitive stromal scar that averages 2.4% as strong as normal comeal stroma. In contrast, the more superficial, flap margin stromal LASIK wound, which is adjacent to the surface epithelium, was found to heal by producing a 10-fold stronger, hypercellular fibrotic stromal scar that reaches maximum tensile strength by approximately 3.5 years after surgery, averaging 28.1% of normal.
- 愛妥糖~~治~~子宮內膜異位症？為什麼？ 愛妥糖治子宮內膜異位症？為什麼？ PPAR-gamma ligand activation decreases p450 aromatase gene expression in human endometriotic epithelial and stromal cells in vitro CIG treatment significantly decreased p450aromatase mRNA expression in a cell-specific manner in human endometriotic epithelial and stromal cells. Ongoing studies will unravel the underlying molecular and cellular interactions via in vivo animal models and human cells. If our subsequent in vivo animal and human studies show that PPAR-gamma activation facilitates regression of existing endometriotic lesions, thiazolidinediones such as pioglitazone may prove to be clinically useful for endometriosis-related pain and/or infertility. Article Outline • Copyright OBJECTIVE: Endometriotic lesions express increased aromatase (CYP19, p450arom) levels, leading to local production of estrogen and, ultimately, persistence and self-propagation of these lesions. PPAR-gamma ligands have been shown to decrease p450arom in human granulosa cells and endometrial cells. We sought to determine if a PPAR-gamma ligand, ciglitazone (CIG), could affect aromatase expression in endometriotic epithelial and stromal cells. DESIGN: In vitro study using the immortalized human endometriotic epithelial cell line 12Z and stromal cell line 22B. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Endometriotic cells were cultured and subsequently treated with CIG x 24 hours. Treatment groups (n=3 for each experiment) consisted of control (no CIG compared to CIG at 20 μM ...
- PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) From the Springer article: PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) by: Kraemer, Bjoern F.; Borst, Oliver; Gehring, Eva-Maria; Schoenberger, Tanja; Urban, Benjamin; Ninci, Elena; Seizer, Peter; Schmidt, Christine;...
- GIST, gastrointestinal stromal tumor ジスト、 腫瘍径 imatinib medicaldirect.jp medicaldirect.blog94.fc2.com
- Huge GIST Small Bowel Tumor A 50 years old male presented with abdominal distension and vague abdominal pain. Was found to have a huge GIST tumor at about 50 cm from the DJ junction, firmly attached to the bowel wall, but no obstruction. The tumor was resected with segmental resection of the adjacent small bowel and primary anastomosis. The tumor was ~ 30x30 cm and 6 kg. The patient had a smooth recovery.
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST): A rare, life-threatening cancer Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST) are a rare, life-threatening form of cancer. Listen to four patient stories about living with the disease. © 2011 Novartis AG
- Homing of Stem Cells to Target Tissue
- What is a GIST Tumor A gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) is a common mesenchymal tumor of the gastrointestinal tract, making up 1 to 3 percent of all gastrointestinal malignancies. GIST tumors are caused by mutations in the Kit gene or PDGFRA gene. Ajay Maker, MD, surgical oncologist at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, talks about a recent young woman he treated for the condition.
- Mouse GEN cells overexpressing Csx/Nkx2.5 and GATA4 behave like transient amplifying cells This study was published in Exp Cell Res. 313:698-706, 2007. The tilte of this study is "Single-cell-derived mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing Csx/Nkx2.5 and GATA4 undergo the stochastic cardiomyogenic fate and behave like transient amplifying cells" by Yamada Y, Sakurada K, Takeda Y, Gojo S, Umezawa A. This study was held at BioFrontier Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co. Ltd., 3-6-6 Asahi-machi, Machida-shi, Tokyo 194-8533, Japan. Abstract of this study is as below: Bone marrow-derived stromal cells can give rise to cardiomyocytes as well as adipocytes, osteocytes, and chondrocytes in vitro. The existence of mesenchymal stem cells has been proposed, but it remains unclear if a single-cell-derived stem cell stochastically commits toward a cardiac lineage. By single-cell marking, we performed a follow-up study of individual cells during the differentiation of 9-15c mesenchymal stromal cells derived from bone marrow cells. Three types of cells, ie, cardiac myoblasts, cardiac progenitors and multipotent stem cells were differentiated from a single cell, implying that cardiomyocytes are generated stochastically from a single-cell-derived stem cell. We also demonstrated that overexpression of Csx/Nkx2.5 and GATA4, precardiac mesodermal transcription factors, enhanced cardiomyogenic differentiation of 9-15c cells, and the frequency of cardiomyogenic differentiation was increased by co-culturing with fetal cardiomyocytes. Single-cell-derived mesenchymal stem cells ...
- PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) From the Springer article: PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) by: Kraemer, Bjoern F.; Borst, Oliver; Gehring, Eva-Maria; Schoenberger, Tanja; Urban, Benjamin; Ninci, Elena; Seizer, Peter; Schmidt, Christine; Bigalke, Boris; Koch, Miriam; Martinovic, Ivo; Daub, Karin; Merz, Tobias; Schwanitz, Laura; Stellos, Konstantinos; Fiesel, Fabienne; Schaller, Martin; Lang, Florian; Gawaz, Meinrad; Lindemann, Stephan; (recording time: 85 min, 6 frames/minute; replay 20 frames/second) Platelet migration on a fibrinogen matrix. (Representative movie out of three experiments) (AVI 5968 kb) Journal: Journal of Molecular Medicine Vol. 88 Issue 12 DOI: 10.1007/s00109-010-0680-8 Published: 2010-11-15
- Preparation of 2-dGuo-Treate Thymus Organ Cultures Abstract: In the thymus, immature CD4+8+ thymocytes expressing randomly rearranged T-cell receptor α- and β-chain genes undergo positive and negative selection events based on their ability to recognize self-peptide/major histocompatibility complex (MHC) molecules expressed by thymic stromal cells. In vivo ***ysis of the role of thymic stromal cells during intrathymic selection is made difficult by the cellular complexity of the thymic microenvironment in the steady-state adult thymus, and by the lack of appropriate targeting strategies to manipulate gene expression in particular thymic stromal compartments. We have shown that the thymic microenvironment can be readily manipulated in vitro through the use of reaggregate thymus organ cultures, which allow the preparation of three-dimensional thymus lobes from defined stromal and lymphoid cells. Although other in vitro systems support some aspects of T-cell development, reaggregate thymus organ culture remains the only in vitro system able to support efficient MHC class I and II-mediated thymocyte selection events, and so can be used as an effective tool to study the cellular and molecular regulation of positive and negative selection in the thymus.
- 957_0145tomy.MOV It has been a long life saving journey since my wife found out she had Endometrial Stromal sarcoma. Thank god we have her today. Healthy and vibrant.
- Cardiac Events with Gleevec (Feb. 2007) Novartis is notifying healthcare professionals about new precautions for Gleevec (imatinib mesylate). Gleevec is used to treat certain patients with chronic myeloid leukemia and gastrointestinal stromal tumors. A recent article published in Nature Medicine reported on ten patients taking Gleevec who developed severe congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction. Before starting treatment, most of these patients had pre-existing conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and coronary artery disease. The article also reported on preclinical studies showing that mice treated with the drug developed left ventricular contractile dysfunction. Novartis has now added a precaution to the drug labeling about severe congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction. The company also says that patients with cardiac disease or risk factors for cardiac failure should be monitored carefully, and any patient with signs or symptoms consistent with cardiac failure should be evaluated and treated. Additional Information: FDA MedWatch Safety Alert - Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) -- October 19, 2006. www.fda.gov
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Metastatic to Liver: Role of Interventional Radiology Dr. Sanjay Gupta discusses the role of interventional radiology in the treatment of GIST that has metastasized to the liver
- EBCC 7: Ways to predict efficacy of anthracyclines Dr Christine Desmedt discusses research that attempts to predict the efficacy of anthracyclines. The results of this study validate the use of topoisomerase II alpha as a predictive marker for the efficacy of anthracyclines. Further to this, the gene expression profiles in tumour biopsies were correlated against the response to treatment seen in the patients. This research revealed that some gene expression signatures linked with tumour stroma and immune response are associated with the response to anthracyclines. These immune response and stromal signatures were integrated with the TOP2A signature to give an anthracycline based chemo sensitivity score. This score can be used to identify which patients do not need anthracyclines. Dr Christine Desmedt of the Jules Bordet Institute in Brussels, speaking at the 7th European Breast Cancer Conference in Barcelona.
- Adult Stem Cell Results & Embryonic Stem Cell Ethics Video Adult Stem Cell Research: Making a Difference Today from Rosenberg Communications, Inc. The Gerard Health Foundation has produced a powerful video on adult stem cell research, showing its advantages over embryonic stem cell research. The public domain video offers useful, yet often ignored, information about adult stem cell research. We believe the information you'll see in the video is essential to making an informed judgment about the debate over this research. This film is consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, which state that the ablation of the inner cell mass (ICM) of the blastocyst, which critically and irremediably damages the human embryo, curtailing its development, is a gravely immoral act and consequently is gravely illicit. No end believed to be good, such as the use of stem cells for the preparation of other differentiated cells to be used in what look to be promising therapeutic procedures, can justify an intervention of this kind. A good end does not make right an action which in itself is wrong. An adult stem cell is an undifferentiated cell found among differentiated cells in a tissue or organ, can renew itself, and can differentiate to yield the major specialized cell types of the tissue or organ. The primary roles of adult stem cells in a living organism are to maintain and repair the tissue in which they are found. Some scientists now use the term somatic stem cell instead of adult stem cell. Unlike embryonic stem cells, which ...
- Cardiomyogeneisis of murine marrow stromal cells Bone marrow derived stromal cells can give rise to cardiomyocytes as well as adipocytes, osteocytes, and chondrocytes in vitro. The existence of mesenchymal stem cells has been proposed, but it remains unclear if a single-cell-derived stem cell stochastically commits toward a cardiac lineage. By single-cell marking, we performed a follow-up study of individual cells during the differentiation of 9-15c mesenchymal stromal cells derived from bone marrow cells. Three types of cells, ie, cardiac myoblasts, cardiac progenitors and multipotent stem cells were differentiated from a single cell, implying that cardiomyocytes are generated stochastically from a single cell-derived stem cell.
- Project FLAG: Families Learning About GIST - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute In this video, Dr. George Demetri of Dana-Farber's Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology discusses gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) and describes the aims of Project FLAG, a National Institutes of Health-funded study to learn more about a rare type of hereditary GIST. Learn more about Project FLAG: www.dana-
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST) News from the 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting Dr. Mark Kris discusses the news highlighted at ASCO's 2011 Annual Meeting that covers research on managing cancer as a chronic disease, and includes information on advances in treatment for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). For more information, visit ().
- Stomach Tumor (GIST) Removal Video showing the removal of a stomach tumor (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor or GIST). This was a subtotal gastrectomy which means that a significant portion -- up to 75% - of the stomach was removed. Visit our website at .
- Last gift to my Mother This is a video of my family and I at Seaworld 2007. My mother had always wanted to go so I saved up every penny I had for months plus quite a bit of my college financial aid to pay for everyone to go. I wanted to do something for everyone to spend time together as a family for her because she was sick but deserved it too. So this video is for my family. And the beat is done by my wife. :) Sorry, the video quality is bad, and this is all the footage I had. UPDATE 2009: My mother had a gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST). Essentially that is a tumor in the intestine. Well, it was discovered a few years back, and the doctors said that it was benign and that they should have surgery to take it out. Because my family was one of millions that have no insurance (because of the corrupt system we have) and we couldnt afford it they decided not to get the surgery. We found out a year later that it was indeed malignant and it had spread to her stomach. After 4 more years of a painful deterioration my mother passed away Aug 8, 2008. She was 38 years old... I hope this in some way incourages people to support healthcare reform, it is needed. My mother did not need to die at 38 years old. (anyway, I thought i should update so that everyones questions could be answered.)
- Enrollment and Participation in Project FLAG - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute In this video, Dr. Suzanne George of Dana-Farber's Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology explains how patients with GIST can learn more about enrollment and participation in Project FLAG, a National Institutes of Health-funded study to learn more about hereditary gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Learn more about Project FLAG: www.dana-
- Mesenchymal stem cells and marrow stromal cells---2nd--- Marrow stromal cells The existence of nonhematopoietic cells in bone marrow was first suggested by Cohnheim about 130 years ago . To date, marrow stromal cells have been shown to differentiate into osteoblasts , chondrocytes , skeletal myocytes, adipocytes, and cardiomyocytes  in vitro, and thus are a useful cell source for regenerative medicine [20, 21]. Recent studies suggest that bone marrow stromal cells can also differentiate into a neuronal lineage , and murine bone marrow derived multipotent adult progenitor cell differentiate into dopaminergic neuronal cells . Since the use of bone marrow stromal cells entails no ethical or immunological problems, and bone marrow aspiration is an established routine procedure, they may be a useful source of cells for transplantation.
- Anterior stromal puncture 48 hours later The thin outer layer of my cornea was removed on Wednesday, January 14, as part of it had ripped. I have anterior basement membrane dystrophy (ABMD), which means the epithelium doesn't stick onto my cornea properly, and has got so bad I now suffer with recurrant corneal erosions (RCE). The flapping erosion was cut off, and all the loose epithelium. Then I had anterior stromal puncture, basically more than 100 little holes poked into the surface of the cornea, to encourage the epithelium to grow back and stick in place. It didn't hurt at the time because it looked like I was watching pins being pushed into geletine. That geletine was my eyeball. An hour later it hurt. Two hours later it hurt like hell. Imagine a thin layer of skin on your arm being removed and hundreds of little pin pricks pushed into that area. It would feel sore and painful, that's what happened to my eye. This video was filmed at about noon on Friday, January 16, 2008, when I was feeling much better.
- Deep Lamellar Keratoplasty - Big bubble technique www.al- This video demonstrates a lamellar keratoplasty technique to bare Descemet's membrane in which air is injected to detach the central Descemet's. After a partial-thickness corneal trephination is performed, a disposable needle is inserted, deeply and bevel down, into the paracentral corneal stroma and air is injected. In most cases, this forms a large air bubble between Descemet's membrane and the corneal stroma. After anterior lamellar keratectomy is performed, a small opening is made in the air bubble and the remaining stromal layers are excised with scissors. This technique is faster, safer, and easier to perform than previous methods
- Reaggregate Thymus Cultures Abstract: In the thymus, immature CD4+8+ thymocytes expressing randomly rearranged T-cell receptor α- and β-chain genes undergo positive and negative selection events based on their ability to recognize self-peptide/major histocompatibility complex (MHC) molecules expressed by thymic stromal cells. In vivo ***ysis of the role of thymic stromal cells during intrathymic selection is made difficult by the cellular complexity of the thymic microenvironment in the steady-state adult thymus, and by the lack of appropriate targeting strategies to manipulate gene expression in particular thymic stromal compartments. We have shown that the thymic microenvironment can be readily manipulated in vitro through the use of reaggregate thymus organ cultures, which allow the preparation of three-dimensional thymus lobes from defined stromal and lymphoid cells. Although other in vitro systems support some aspects of T-cell development, reaggregate thymus organ culture remains the only in vitro system able to support efficient MHC class I and II-mediated thymocyte selection events, and so can be used as an effective tool to study the cellular and molecular regulation of positive and negative selection in the thymus.
- Prostate cancer simulation Computer simulation of prostate cancer initiation and progression. In this example after a brief period of time the three prostatic glands show cancer initiation from the luminal epithelial cells. After a long period in which the tumours remain in situ (PIN), one of them manages to break up after degrading the basal membrane and despite all the efforts of the stromal cells. Code: red cells=cancer, green and blue = epithelial, black and brown = stroma. From Basanta et al. Cancer Res. 2009. m.nih.gov
- PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) From the Springer article: PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) by: Kraemer, Bjoern F.; Borst, Oliver; Gehring, Eva-Maria; Schoenberger, Tanja; Urban, Benjamin; Ninci, Elena; Seizer, Peter; Schmidt, Christine; Bigalke, Boris; Koch, Miriam; Martinovic, Ivo; Daub, Karin; Merz, Tobias; Schwanitz, Laura; Stellos, Konstantinos; Fiesel, Fabienne; Schaller, Martin; Lang, Florian; Gawaz, Meinrad; Lindemann, Stephan; (recording time: 180 min, 30 frames/hour; replay 10 frames/second) Platelet chemotaxis toward a source of SDF-1. (Representative movie out of three experiments) (AVI 4567 kb) Journal: Journal of Molecular Medicine Vol. 88 Issue 12 DOI: 10.1007/s00109-010-0680-8 Published: 2010-11-15
- ASCO 2011: Improved Treatment for Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors - City of Hope's Joseph Kim, MD Joseph Kim, MD, Associate Professor of General Oncologic Surgery at City of Hope, attended the 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the world's largest and preeminent cancer meeting. A highlight of the conference for him was the presentation of a study that is a major step forward for patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Learn more about City of Hope research at
- PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) From the Springer article: PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) by: Kraemer, Bjoern F.; Borst, Oliver; Gehring, Eva-Maria; Schoenberger, Tanja; Urban, Benjamin; Ninci, Elena; Seizer, Peter; Schmidt, Christine; Bigalke, Boris; Koch, Miriam; Martinovic, Ivo; Daub, Karin; Merz, Tobias; Schwanitz, Laura; Stellos, Konstantinos; Fiesel, Fabienne; Schaller, Martin; Lang, Florian; Gawaz, Meinrad; Lindemann, Stephan; (recording time: 57 min, six frames/minute; replay 20 frames/second) Example of a platelet that migrates toward the source of SDF-1 in the platelet cohort shown in Movie I. SDF-1 source at the top of the image (AVI 1091 kb) Journal: Journal of Molecular Medicine Vol. 88 Issue 12 DOI: 10.1007/s00109-010-0680-8 Published: 2010-11-15
- Mesenchymal stem cells and marrow stromal cells Marrow stromal cells are able to generate a series of terminally differentiated cells in vitro. However, most of these experiments are performed with heterogeneous stromal cells, which had been obtained by adherence to plastic culture dishes. Since it is demonstrated that bone marrow-derived stromal cells are purified to a homogeneous population that met the criteria for nonhematopoietic stem cells, these cells have been termed mesenchymal stem cells because they generate an array of cells, defined as mesenchymal cells. In contrast, mesenchymal stem cells are multipotent cells capable of differentiating into cells of mesoderm-origin regardless of cell sources. Mesenchymal stem cells can be recovered from a variety of other adult tissues such as fat, muscle, menstrual blood, endometrium, placenta, umbilical cord, cord blood, skin, and eye. The terms mesenchymal stem cell and stromal cell, both of which are most plausible cells for regenerative medicine, have been used interchangeably in emerging literature; we here re-organize our understanding on two MSC biology and further clinical trail in this review.
- IntraLase IntraLASIK iLASIK bladeless all-laser LASIK The latest LASIK industry hype is all-laser LASIK, which involves cutting the flap with a femtosecond laser instead of a blade. Eliminating the use of a blade on your eye sounds like a good thing intially, but wait until you read about the problems, risks, and complications of this technology. The LASIK industry markets this technology uder a variety of names and descriptions. Here are a few: IntraLase, IntraLASIK, femtosecond LASIK, blade-free LASIK, all-laser LASIK, bladeless LASIK, and iLASIK when combined with VISX custom LASIK. Some of the reported complications of femtosecond lasers are opaque bubble layer, corrugated corneal stromal bed, extreme light sensitivity, partial flaps, rainbow glare, torn flap, vertical gas breakthrough, epithelial ingrowth, flap necrosis, diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK), corneal perforation, incomplete flap, decentered flaps, small flaps, slipped flaps, flap folds, traumatic flap dislocation, gas bubbles in the anterior chamber, optic nerve damage, flap tears, haze, macular hemorrhage, infection, stromal cell necrosis, inflammation, keratocyte cell death, corneal nerve damage, goblet cell reduction, and interface particles. Read more about the side effects, risks, complications, and problems of bladeless LASIK at
- PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) From the Springer article: PI3 kinase-dependent stimulation of platelet migration by stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) by: Kraemer, Bjoern F.; Borst, Oliver; Gehring, Eva-Maria; Schoenberger, Tanja; Urban, Benjamin; Ninci, Elena; Seizer, Peter; Schmidt, Christine; Bigalke, Boris; Koch, Miriam; Martinovic, Ivo; Daub, Karin; Merz, Tobias; Schwanitz, Laura; Stellos, Konstantinos; Fiesel, Fabienne; Schaller, Martin; Lang, Florian; Gawaz, Meinrad; Lindemann, Stephan; (recording time: 20 min, six frames/minute; replay 20 frames/second) Inhibition of platelet migration with cytochalasin B. (Representative movie out of three experiments) (AVI 2188 kb) Journal: Journal of Molecular Medicine Vol. 88 Issue 12 DOI: 10.1007/s00109-010-0680-8 Published: 2010-11-15
- laparoscopic wide excision of GIST gastrointestinal stromal tumor lesser curve stomach
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour
- CS4 - Confocal Microscope Nidek introduces the ConfoScan 4, a Confocal Digital Microscope. While a Specular Microscope can only see the endothelial layer through a clear cornea, NIDEK's confocal microscope images all the layers of the cornea automatically. The Confoscan4 is a scanning slit microscope that allows one to see all the corneal layers in vivo. At 25 frames per second, the Confoscan4 images quickly, even through poor media. This delivers a series of images, like an optical biopsy, that includes the Superficial Epithelium, Intermediate Epithelial Cells, Basal Epithelial Cells, Nerve Plexus, Stroma, and Endothelium. For cornea specialists, the ConfoScan4 follows a wide variety of pathologies, allowing for specific treatment to begin immediately. This includes Keratoconus, Stromal Rejection, Guttae, Sands of the Sahara, Fuchs'endothelial dystrophy, Activated KC, and Haze. This can also show Fungal Hyphae and Acanthamoeba without having to take painful cultures from the patient, allowing for treatment to begin immediately. Here is an example of an acute Alkali Burn after eight days, with the undamaged endothelium only visible with the ConfoScan 4. And an example of tear film microscopy. For more information about the ConfoScan4, please contact Nidek today.
- Laparoscopic Partial Gastrectomy for Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors Gastrointestinal stromal tumors are rare lesions stemming from connective tissue anywhere along the length of the gut. This video reviews treatment of such a tumor through Laparoscopic Partial Gastrectomy performed by Mark Liberman, MD For more information, visit .
- Resezione laparoscopica di Gastro Intestinal Stromal Tumor
- N5-FG-108-all_30fps.AVI Fluorescent time lapse of GFP+ bone marrow stem cells on irradiated primary stroma. Approx 2 months elapsed time. Three stromal cultures are shown - topleft, topright, and bottom right. Bottom left is same as topleft, except it has not had the fluorescence corrected by processing out background autofluorescence using a red fluorescence image subtraction. Top left stroma were seeded with CD34-LKS+ sorted cells (LKS+ = Lineage negative, c-Kit +, Sca-1+). Top right seeded with CD34+LKS+, and Bottom right seeded with LKS-. Fluorescent images were acquired every 100 minutes. Visible images acquired every 10 min (not shown). Magnification is 20x and each panel (4 panels in all) consists of reassembled viewfields of 6x6 x 3 images = 108 images in each panel. Kairos Instruments
twitter about stromal
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about stromal
“In adenoid cystic carcinomas, focal and faint epithelial and stromal immunoreactivity and prominent intraluminal expression was observed (Fig. 8) We also observed less tenascin immunoreactivity in myoepithelial component compared with the stromal component”
— KBB-Forum: Elektronik Kulak Burun Boğaz ve Baş Boyun, kbb-
“Breast Cancer Discussion Forums - Access the shared knowledge of thousands of people affected by breast cancer Forum Index Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried Topic: Results: Stromal Fibrosis " Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried: Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time”
— Breast Cancer Topic: Results: Stromal Fibrosis,
“The stromal component can contain metaplastic components such as cartilage and bone. Endolymphatic stromal myosis is a type of endometrial stromal tumor of intermediate”
— which tumor, prep4
“The same biomarker was previously identified as a prognostic factor for breast cancer The absence of a stromal protein called caveolin-1 appears to be a”
— Stromal Biomarker Predicts Advanced Prostate Cancer | Kimmel,
“Read the latest news & information concerning Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor”
— Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Blog News & Updates - ,
“video and photo news about CD34 Phenotyping FAP + stromal cells by flow cytometry revealed that the CD45 – subset expressed CD34 and Sca-1 and that the CD45 + subset expressed CD11b,”
— CD34 news,CD34 videos,CD34 images,CD34 headlines,
“The Abcam Blog: Two new pathways: DNA repair, hematopoietic and mesenchymal stromal cell differentiation”
— The Abcam Blog: Two new pathways: DNA repair, hematopoietic,
“Blog Auburn Players social network is the neighborhood home of showpeople from the Auburn, New York area. Stromal”
— Blogs - Auburn Players,
“A high number of adherent cells displaying a mainly fibroblast-like morphology as well as the presence of cell surface markers CD44, CD73, CD90 and CD105 can be isolated from whole human UC tissue using an explant culture”
— Properties of mesenchymal stromal cells derived from whole,
similar for stromal
- stromal cells
- free encyclopedia
- endothelial cells
- precursor cells
- types of skin cancers
- cancer cells
- loose connective tissue
- support structure
- biological tissues
- growth factors
- medical dictionary
- stromal tumors
- online dictionary
- english dictionary
- gastrointestinal stromal tumor
- immune cells
- free online english dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- life sciences
- free online dictionary
- late latin
- stroma of cornea
- endometrial stromal sarcoma
- endometrial stromal tumors
- uterine sarcoma
- connective tissue
- gastrointestinal stromal tumors
- cell tumor
- gastrointestinal tract
- ann surg
- stromal tumor
- stromal cell
- stromal fibrosis
- the matrix
- houghton mifflin company
- stromal sarcoma
- prostatic tissue
- spindle cell
- medium magnification