- It was stiflingly boring to watch, in that way winning hockey often can be . - Manitoba Moose - Winnipeg Free Press. It was stiflingly boring to watch, in that way winning hockey often can be. — “Winning ugly is still winning - Winnipeg Free Press”,
- Thrill-seeking billionaire Thomas Crown (Brosnan) loves nothing more than courting disaster and winning! So when his world becomes too stiflingly safe, he pulls off his boldest stunt ever: stealing a priceless painting in broad daylight from one. — “Thomas Crown Affair, The ~ Blu-ray & DVD ~ Widescreen - Blu”,
- Joe Abercrombie was born in Lancaster, England, on the last day of 1974. He was educated at the stiflingly all-boy Lancaster Royal Grammar School, where he spent much of his time playing computer games, rolling dice, and drawing maps of places. — “Joe Abercrombie | About the Author”,
- Tube passengers are likely to face stiflingly hot travelling conditions for some time after London Underground admitted yesterday that fitting air conditioning was "phenomenally expensive". — “Tube trains too hot in summer even for cattle - Telegraph”,
- Wearing stiflingly hot cotton pants on the trail would be like wearing lingerie to the gym (you just wouldn't do it). Instead, we suggest the cool, stretchy Columbia Women's Set The Tone II Knit Pants. — “Columbia Set The Tone II Knit Pant - Women's from ”,
- stiflingly. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search This page was last modified on 8 June 2008, at 15:08. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike. — “stiflingly - Wiktionary”,
- The lush, continental climate of the Loire Valley gave way, instantaneously, to a stiflingly hot desert. — “The Book of Stanley”,
- REDWOOD VALLEY, Mendocino County - On a stiflingly hot summer afternoon, the parking lot outside the Shodakai Coyote Valley Casino is nearly full. Inside the red and white striped tent, it's as cool and dark as a movie. — “Indian casinos: Big money battle”,
- Definition of stiflingly in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is stiflingly? Meaning of stiflingly as a legal term. What does stiflingly mean in law?. — “stiflingly legal definition of stiflingly. stiflingly”, legal-
- View Spirit Mound Historic Prairie's upcoming event schedule and profile - Vermillion, SD. August 25, 1804, was a stiflingly hot day when members of the Lewis. — “Spirit Mound Historic Prairie Vermillion - Spirit Mound”,
- A Disney band of three brothers who are closet homo***uals with tights pants and straightened hair. They produce stiflingly generic music, yet seem. — “Urban Dictionary: stiflingly”,
- Definition of stiflingly in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of stiflingly. Pronunciation of stiflingly. Translations of stiflingly. stiflingly synonyms, stiflingly antonyms. Information about stiflingly in the free online English dictionary and. — “stiflingly - definition of stiflingly by the Free Online”,
- Yahoo! Shopping is the best place to comparison shop for Athletic Pants. Compare prices on Athletic Pants. Wearing stiflingly hot cotton pants on the trail would be like wearing lingerie to the gym. — “Columbia Shorts - Athletic Pants: Compare Prices, Reviews”,
- Triple Canopy interviews architectural historian Kazys Varnelis about the importance of city data, the difficulty of building new infrastructure and how best to react to a stiflingly complex society. — “Bureaucratic Structures and the Collapse of Modern Society”,
- The story of obsessive love in an English upper-class family's stiflingly conservative home is an unexpected choice for an Irish playwright known The story of obsessive love in an English upper-class family's stiflingly conservative home is an unexpected choice for an Irish playwright known for. — “Rebecca's secrets - Features, Theatre & Dance - The Independent”,
- Considering that Hedda Gabler is one of the great character portraits in all of drama, it is amazing how stiflingly unanimous critical opinion and acting theory have been about her. For decade after. — “Theater: A Modern Woman's Hedda - TIME”,
- Another news outlet wrote about Dan clay's attempt at stiflingly Oregon's conversion around changes in health care and in doing so won him the Rouge of the week. But did you and your readership know that the members of local 555 are very angry at. — “UFCW local 555 | ”,
- Stiflingly definition, suffocating; oppressively close: See more. — “Stiflingly | Define Stiflingly at ”,
- About Final Fantasy XIII's Linearity Issue ( Games Game platforms ) Scan most reviews of Final Fantasy XIII and you'll find a single accusation binding most of them: That Square Enix's action-roleplaying game is stiflingly linear, undeviating for. — “About Final Fantasy XIII's Linearity Issue ( - Games - Game”, news.idg.no
- Stiflingly quiet and claustrophobic, Iris Black′s Cairo house is suddenly disturbed by Stiflingly quiet and claustrophobic, Iris′s Cairo house is suddenly disturbed by the. — “Iris And Ruby by Rosie Thomas”, .au
- With fierce competition and stiflingly tight margins, the retail distribution channel is a tough domain for a channel player to make their presence felt But managing director of wholesaler Delta Business Products, Govinda Siddartha, claims that. — “Making a mark in retail distribution - Technology”,
- The story takes place over a long, stiflingly hot summer, and the heat is almost a subordinate character as The story takes place over a long, stiflingly hot summer, and the heat is almost a subordinate character as. — “Feathered friend, feathered foe - Cornflower Books”,
- Definition of stiflingly from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of stiflingly. Pronunciation of stiflingly. Definition of the word stiflingly. Origin of the word stiflingly. — “stiflingly - Definition of stiflingly at ”,
- Mysterious Skin (2005): "The summer I was eight years old, five hours disappeared from my life. Five hours, lost, gone without a trace." These are the words of Brian Lackey, a troubled 18-year-old, growing up in the stiflingly small. — “Mysterious Skin (2005) - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies”,
related images for stiflingly
- now as well It was stiflingly hot yetserday the sun seemed to believ this was desert country but I just had to go to the Tollwood anyway and although I took my lovely lovely antique black parasol mine is MUCH prettier of course I still developed THE most awful headache So what do we learn Children of the night shouldn t go out during the day I spent an awful lot
- minutes later Some celebrities are so eager to appear on the show that they have a representative call us on a monthly basis Pietila says But we only have 22 episodes each season Al Gore is one of the few to have turned The Simpsons down On a stiflingly hot Monday afternoon Franzen and Chabon drive onto the Fox lot together They convene with producers in the
- 1944 48 With night games becoming more common the Dodgers Cardinals and Braves experiment with satin uniforms which are supposedly more reflective under the lights Unfortunately they re also stiflingly hot heavy and difficult to clean among other difficulties Each team wears them just a handful of times before the
- boat across to Hong Kong island and to have a look at the Golden Bauhinia Square and the flag raising ceremony The square marks the return of Hong Kong to the People s Republic of China Then I walked through Hong Kong park really stiflingly hot even at 8am One of the things you really notice is that there are hundreds of people all over the place in all the parks
- in mind here s a selective timeline of concepts that no doubt seemed like a good idea until everyone got a look at them 1944 48 With night games becoming more common the Dodgers Cardinals and Braves experiment with satin uniforms which are supposedly more reflective under the lights Unfortunately they re also stiflingly hot heavy and difficult to clean among
- duck and yummy cassoulet or pork and beans And the foie gras We discovered some great wines too I particularly liked a sweet white called Jurancon perfect when chilled as an aperitif One day we ventured to a neighbouring town Albi home of the artist Toulouse Lautrec travelling in a stiflingly hot train We moved seats just to get a touch of breeze from the one open
- Darren I was the Easter Bunny through the Easter Holiday and it was fun pretending to be someone else Though the suit after a while was stiflingly hot and uncomfortable I had to learn to
- On a hazy overcast stiflingly hot and humid afternoon Bill Slowsky and I chewed the fat over some iced tea and biscuits and then made our way up to his future home Comcast Center to
- not always brilliant you get the occassional naff 90 s dance has a particular timeless quality to it that wins over any fickle flavour of the minute vibe Rocket Bar s got rocking Get Griffy Griff or Curtis on the decks and I swear they mash out the best *** ever oldskool hiphop funk the best of Motown the craziest swinging ecclectic *** from the 20s to the 60s
- parameters in mind here s a selective timeline of concepts that no doubt seemed like a good idea until everyone got a look at them 1944 48 With night games becoming more common the Dodgers Cardinals and Braves experiment with satin uniforms which are supposedly more reflective under the lights Unfortunately they re also stiflingly hot heavy and difficult to
- I am a little more than dubious to see how adding more footage to a long bloated film is going to improve it but then I thought the same about the Lord Of The Rings films at first The Watchmen Ambitious lopsided and unevenly told at times this film reaches some dizzyingly amazing heights at others it s stiflingly hard to appreciate I would say in conclusion
- Japanese ***tas love Gackt I spotted many a pink frill outside his concert at Saitama Arena The girl on the left came with her mother Gackt has many crazed elder fans It takes dedication to wear full ***ta outfits during the stiflingly hot Tokyo summer I love the Classical *** look on the right
- Bugeyed Moi Uh yeah I have mixed feelings about this one If Zoisite didn t have such a stiflingly cute expression on his face I d be able to relax and appreciate my lame humour No ***s is Good ***s This was inspired by two things my incurable fascination with the human rear end and my dislike of the style in which male shoujo anime and manga characters are
- It has been stiflingly hot and stormy for the past two days and I can hardly move so here s something refreshing the pool at the hotel I stayed in Lykia Lodge in Cappadocia Pity I didn t have time to try it out
- Shadowy Zoi Zebra crossing Sulking ghost of Zoisite in front of a stone wall clever title huh Bugeyed Moi Uh yeah I have mixed feelings about this one If Zoisite didn t have such a stiflingly cute
- a basket full of yesterday s bread at half price Never ones to miss a bargain we chose some interesting looking pastries for tea time pudding and some small currant loaves for breakfast Despite it being late afternoon it was still stiflingly hot For a small town Hall has a disproportionate number of Church buildings all of which were open Although we didn t really
- The dome was covered with a giant plastic tarp because I didn t have enough time to prepare a better cover beforehand The tarp made it stiflingly hot inside during the day but it was
- It takes dedication to wear full ***ta outfits during the stiflingly hot Tokyo summer I love the Classical *** look on the right Many ***ta ***s came in pairs About 80 of the audience was female and under the age of 25
- Like a regular tv episode the OVA is divided up into segments Act 1 introduces a stiflingly docile character in the form of Minami s pathetically named large white dog Cherry chan Anime has given me the rather unusual impression that owning a large
- The silence had been broken by gunfire now every movement she made echoed around her Leather against leather metal on metal The room was stiflingly hot stinking of dead flesh in
- But when the stiflingly hot storehouse had been crammed so tightly that they could barely breathe the door and shuttered windows were suddenly opened Silent witness One of the dead from the massacre of Srebrenica And in that fleeting instant between seeing the guns trained on them and being cut down they realised the terrible truth In
- Imad Mustapha An Earnest Pursuit of Bedazzlement Imad Moustapha is the Syrian Ambassador to the United States talks about his life interest in Art and how he became an ardent promoter of Syrian art Here is what he says In the stiflingly
- excuse I can come up with is laziness But it has been stiflingly hot here too Its hard to breathe out there when the backyard can be 100 degrees or more So we re back at it finally The new kitten Sirius had fun chasing bugs I had to keep kicking him out of the dirt area since we DO NOT want him to realize how fun digging in that dirt out there is At least not
- a selective timeline of concepts that no doubt seemed like a good idea until everyone got a look at them 1944 48 With night games becoming more common the Dodgers Cardinals and Braves experiment with satin uniforms which are supposedly more reflective under the lights Unfortunately they re also stiflingly hot heavy and difficult to clean among other
related videos for stiflingly
- "Siem Reap" Doireann_brian's photos around Siem Reap, Cambodia (population of siem reap) Preview of Doireann_brian'sblog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Siem Reap, Cambodia Entry Title: "Siem Reap" Entry: "Siem Reap the land of Wats! Our VIP bus ticket which cost us all of $4.50 each turned out to be nothing more than a regular bus. Apparently the VIP bus wasn't running the day we chose to travel. We were the only Westerners on the bus. Lots of staring as you can only imagine. The journey took all day and it was after seven by the time we pulled into the bus station which resembled Fentons yard! We were gathering ourselves when I noticed a man with a sign standing outside the bus. The sign had our names on it!!!!! We nearly killed ourselves laughing. The ticket office had obviously phoned ahead and informed a guesthouse of our arrival and they in turn had sent out a driver to pick us up. Signs with your name on them are only for rich business men aren't they? We got a good old laugh off it anyway. Hugh: Brian wants to know do you remember when himself and John came out to collect you from the airport in Shannon and the signs they made? ☺ Anyway the driver was very nice and took us to a guesthouse in the backpacker/touristy area. It was clean and friendly and cheap so we were happy out. We arranged with a tuk tuk driver to take us to the temples the next day and went down town for something to eat and a wander about. We got back to ...
- Thomas Crown Affair - Trailer Thrill-seeking billionaire Thomas Crown loves nothing more than courting disaster and winning! So when his world becomes too stiflingly safe, he pulls off his boldest stunt ever: stealing a priceless painting in broad dayligh tfrom one of Manhattan's most heavily guarded museums. But his post-heist excitement soon pales beside an even greater challenge: Catherine Banning. A beautiful insurance investigator hired to retrieve the artwork, Catherine's every bit as intelligent, cunning and hungry for adventure as he is. And just when Thomas realizes he's finally met his match, she skillfully leads him into a daring game of cat and mouse that's more intoxicating and dangerous than anything either of them has ever experienced before!
- Jackie 60 Presents Jackie MC's - The Jackie Hustle (Johnny D's Duelling MC Mix) 1992. For anyone that went to Jackie 60, and in memory of all the lost Jackies. Flyer art by DJ Johnny Dynell. Although it's mostly remembered for performances, Jackie 60 was also a great dance club. Chi Chi Valenti & Johnny Dynell's Mother NYC website: Johnny Dynell's DJ site: Paul Alexander MySpace: Richard Move's website: www.move- From the record sleeve: LIVE AT JACKIE 60 It's Tuesday night in the meat market - New York's Wild West and home of the Jackie Hustle. Rows of freshly butchered beef hang on hooks, running blood into the streets as transvestite hookers stroll by, drumming up business. Just before the river, you stop dead at a glimpse of nine-inch spiked red heels. Intrigued, you approach their owner, a tiny venus in patent leather who sits guarding a battered door. "It's Jackie 60", she answers, and it begins for you that night. Downtown New York, the birthplace of movements from glam-rock to shock art, hasn't made good on it's nightlife legend for years. By the 80's end clubs were oversized and stiflingly mainstream, with virtually no live performance. Late in 1990, two New York club veterans - writer/instigator Chi Chi Valenti and her DJ/producer husband Johnny Dynell - began to shape a weekly party that was decidedly uncommercial and performance oriented, that would challenge it's patrons to become an audience again. With their friends and eventual partners, English ...
- "The Hare and the Tortoise" Kerry_andrew's photos around Ometepe Island, Nicaragua (travel pics) Preview of Kerry_andrew's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Ometepe Island, Nicaragua Entry Title: "The Hare and the Tortoise!" Entry: "Tuesday was a moderate travel day for us as we left Granada behind and headed for the Isla de Ometepe. Again it was another stiflingly hot day, and as we left Granada we were grateful to be on one of the local chicken buses, with all of the windows down and cool air rushing through the bus. Once in the town of Rivas, we had a rapid taxi transfer to the ferry headed to Ometepe. On first sight the ferry was both small and in somewhat of a dilapidated condition, and therefore did not inspire much confidence in its ability to get us out to the island. Fortunately it got us there safely - slow and steady, but it did the job. Once on the island of Ometepe we transferred to our hotel on the eastern side of the island, down on the lakefront. Lake Nicaragua was not the first lake that we have seen with extremely high water levels -- and again we saw buildings partially submerged under the water. At the hotel we saw a postcard showing the hotel prior to the lake level rising, with a lovely black sand beach, and sun loungers sitting below palm leaf beach shelters. Sadly, the beach is now about 4ft underwater, the water is lapping at the hotel's beach wall, the sun loungers are on the grass overlooking the water, and the ...
- "Crystal Paradise" Boognish's photos around Cristo Rey, Belize Preview of Boognish's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Cristo Rey, Belize Entry Title: "Crystal Paradise" Entry: "Shortly after exiting the village of Cristo Rey (and leaving the pavement again), we came to Crystal Paradise. Selmo turned in and drove the van down the long driveway, past beautiful tropical trees on the right and horse pasture on the left. The Tut family, who own and run the place, had a relatively large house on the left side of the parking lot area. The buildings with the guest rooms were nestled among the many palm and other tropical trees on the right and in front of the parking lot. Selmo parked the car at the edge of the parking lot by two large wooden swings under a small thatch roof, told us that he would take care of our bags, and said to head down the path starting between the two swings that leads to the office. As we walked down the short path, we noticed that there were no other cars in the parking lot, that we didn't hear anybody else talking or walking around on the grounds, and that it was still very hot and humid even up a bit in the mountains. When we reached the office building, the door was shut and "locked" with a simple pin. We were a bit confused and looked around the office building a bit until one of the Tut family daughters (we are terrible with names and had a hard time picking them up during ...
- Pope: "We know that God truly hears the prayers of those who call upon him in faith" 2011-09-07 Vatican Radio "God is always near - even in difficulties, problems, in the darkness of life -- He listens, responds and saves us in His own way. But we must be able to recognize His presence and accept His ways", said Pope Benedict XVI Wednesday as he introduced Psalm no 3, also known as the Psalm of David as the subject of this his seventh general audience dedicated to the Christians school of prayer. To the joy of 20 thousand visitors and pilgrims to the Vatican, the Pope returned to St Peter's square for his weekly catechesis, for the first time since the July break and the August sessions held in the cooler courtyard of his summer residence in the Roman hills. A gentle breeze brought some relief to those gathered in a stiflingly humid stone square beneath a hot midday sun, but even the unusually warm September weather failed to dampen their enthusiastic welcome to Pope Benedict as he toured the square in his pope-mobile. In his brief catechesis in English he said : "Dear Brothers and Sisters, We return today to our series of catecheses on prayer with a consideration of Psalm Three, in which the psalmist cries out to God to rescue him from the enemies who surround him. Traditionally the psalm is attributed to King David as he flees from the armies of his rebellious son Absalom. Assailed on every side by foes who seek his life, the psalmist calls on the name of the Lord, filled with faith in the presence and the power of God who alone can save him from the ...
- Mysterious Skin (US 2004) Anyone who wants a movie to move them, to make them feel and to think should do everything they can to make sure they do not miss Mysterious Skin !! Synopsis: "The summer I was eight years old, five hours disappeared from my life. Five hours, lost, gone without a trace..." These are the words of Brian... "The summer I was eight years old, five hours disappeared from my life. Five hours, lost, gone without a trace..." These are the words of Brian Lackey, a troubled 18-year-old, growing up in the stiflingly small town of Hutchinson, KS. Plagued by nightmares, Brian believes that he may have been the victim of an alien abduction. Local Neil McCormick however, is the ultimate beautiful outsider. With a loving but promiscuous mother, Neil is wise beyond his years and curious about his developing ***uality, having found what he perceives to be love from his Little League baseball coach at a very early age. Now, 10 years later, Neil is a ***age hustler, nonchalant about the dangerous path his life is taking. Neil's pursuit of love leads him to New York City, while Brian's voyage of self discovery leads him to Neil -- who helps him to unlock the dark secrets of their past. A film by Gregg Araki, 2004. USER REVIEs EXTERNAL REVIEWs
- "Culture wins over shops, body fails in heat" Jbushie's photos around Singapore, Singapore Preview of Jbushie's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Singapore, Singapore Entry Title: "Culture wins over shops, body fails in heat..." Entry: "After the hustle and bustle of a city of 4.5 million people, it was a day to explore the Singapore Orchid Gardens... ACRES of tropical plants. And Singapore orchids. LOTS of Singapore orchids... Every colour and shape with added bromeliads, palms and myna birds - seemingly the only birdlife in this city. With piped misting and a total lack of breeze, added to the most oppressive day thus far, the atmosphere was stiflingly and I was stymied in no time. The garden were lovely and meticulously clean, of course - workers picking up individual dropped leaves with long tongs - but there was no way we were spending a whole day there! We had a glimpse of the attached Singapore Botanic Gardens as we sipped cool drinks from the shade of the teahouse. And cool drinks were the theme for the afternoon as well... High tea at Raffles Tiffin Room, not unlike that at The Peninsula in Hong Kong but with a more colonial air. We definitely felt like landed English gentry being waited upon by the uniformed servants! Afternoon tea was not just tea and scones. There was (outrageously priced) champagne, savoury hot Asian morsels and a wide assortment of delicate cakes, all accompanied by Christmas Carols on the harp. The day ...
- Pope's General Audience: 'Even when you feel forgotten, God is there' 2011-09-07 Vatican Radio "God is always near - even in difficulties, problems, in the darkness of life -- He listens, responds and saves us in His own way. But we must be able to recognize His presence and accept His ways", said Pope Benedict XVI Wednesday as he introduced Psalm no 3, also known as the Psalm of David as the subject of this his seventh general audience dedicated to the Christians school of prayer. To the joy of 20 thousand visitors and pilgrims to the Vatican, the Pope returned to St Peter's square for his weekly catechesis, for the first time since the July break and the August sessions held in the cooler courtyard of his summer residence in the Roman hills. A gentle breeze brought some relief to those gathered in a stiflingly humid stone square beneath a hot midday sun, but even the unusually warm September weather failed to dampen their enthusiastic welcome to Pope Benedict as he toured the square in his pope-mobile. In his brief catechesis in English he said : "Dear Brothers and Sisters, We return today to our series of catecheses on prayer with a consideration of Psalm Three, in which the psalmist cries out to God to rescue him from the enemies who surround him. Traditionally the psalm is attributed to King David as he flees from the armies of his rebellious son Absalom. Assailed on every side by foes who seek his life, the psalmist calls on the name of the Lord, filled with faith in the presence and the power of God who alone can save him from the ...
- Barack America Introduces President Joe Biden Barack Obama introduces Senator Biden as our next President. After that Biden calls Obama, "Barack America". Yes we can, yes we can. The Obama Campaign has stumbled, and picking the pro-abortion, anti-gun Biden as his Presidential, I mean Vice Presidential running mate is not going to be enough to bring his campaign back to where it was back in the good old days of "change" and "yes we can". It's over change boy, just face it.(when I said "boy", that was not intended as a racial slur, it was in reference to his relative youth and inexperience). Posted August 23, 2008 4:25 PM The Swamp by Frank James Senators Barack Obama and Joe Biden appeared in Springfield, Ill. today to introduce their new presidential ticket, with Obama, the all-but-official Democratic presidential nominee, making a strong case for why he made Biden his vice presidential pick and Biden making the case that Obama was just the candidate to bring change to Washington. Before an enthusiastic crowd of thousands of supporters on a stiflingly hot summer day, on the steps of the old State Capitol where Abraham Lincoln once served as a lawmaker, Obama painted a portrait of Biden as a man whose great personal strength which allowed him to survive adversity and faced down tyrants would make him a great vice president. Obama emphasized the foreign policy credentials that the senator from Delaware is known for, trying to draw the contrast between the Bush Administration's foreign policy of the past eight years and ...
- "Leh" Denzilandthedoc's photos around Leh, India Preview of Denzilandthedoc's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Leh, India Entry Title: "Leh" Entry: "Days in India 19, days in India with ''stomach difficulties'' about 10. It's started. Onboard our flight we're completing landing cards. The form asks for passport and visa numbers. Chris notices Kate rummaging in her bag, pulling out her Barclay's visa card saying ''I wonder why they want this?''. That's your tourist visa they need Katie. We land around 3am on 29th. Immediately we're slung into the arrivals lounge to get transport into town via the legendary taxi stand. As organised as a Spanish army. We make it to our hotel in the heart of town and check in...a few hours later we check out. Randoms sleeping on the landings, hole in floor for toilet, paint peeling off walls, shower is a dribble, filthy bedsheets, stiflingly hot, ***roaches and a tiny window offering zero light. We find a better hotel and then explore Delhi. We thought we'd hate the big cities in India but both love it, walking around grinning because we're in India. Hustle and bustle, friendly locals, colours, smells (good and bad), cows wandering everywhere, rickshaws, a great atmosphere and so green. That's despite the 40 degree heat. We contemplate a tour of Delhi on foot but soon realise that would be a big mistake and hire a driver to take us around the sights. The Red ...
- "Hong Kong - The pearl of the Orient" Michaelandsuzy's photos around Hong Kong, China (slideshow) Preview of Michaelandsuzy'sblog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Hong Kong, China Entry Title: "Hong Kong - "The pearl of the Orient"" Entry: "WOW. We've definitely caught the HK vibe. She's a jostling mass of concrete, steel & glass, dazzling bright lights, towering architecture, East meets West with 24 hour hustle & bustle. She's ultra high tech & modern yet committed to tradition & superstition. She's dim sum & burgers, tea houses & starbucks, tram's & Ferrari 430's. It's also stiflingly hot & humid, umbrellas poke you in the eyes but not because it's raining & the air quality index is bright red & reads "hazardous". We've not found it difficult to burn our cash & keep ourselves very busy; - Unblocking our energy pathways & soothing our aching feet with some reflexology. As well as spending an entire afternoon 41 floors above HK, Indulging in 5 star spa treatments leaving us squeaky clean & calm. - Visited 'Master Ng' for a glimpse at my future through a palm reading. Turns out I'm a Tiger - confident, generous, courageous, leader, protective, noble, magnetic & passionate, I like the sound of me! And Michael a Rooster - frank, observant, perceptive, cautious, sincere, conservative & stylish. I'm going to live well into my 80's with some minor health concerns in my mid-50's. Have my own successful business & 2010 will be the year. I have to ...
- "The Vic & Helen Show" : Stiflingly-Hot Florida Heat prostration is staved off by Helen, and then by Vic as revelations are made of the ***y variety. Look for brief appearance of Chiquito from "Obama Loses Chihuahua-Vote."
- NEKRASOV ┼ ┼ ┼ Perishable Things┼ ┼ ┼ [Ep]  The first two tracks, 'CZVM' (search me what that stands for) and 'Womb' are scaldingly raw, frenzied black metal, with a sound rough and mucky enough to satisfy the most necrophiliac palate, barbed riffs and shredded vocals burying the beat beneath layers of blown-out buzz and distortion. 'Womb' in particular is a classic, stiflingly compressed and hissy, yet still retaining a firm melodic edge, suffused with a fierce sorrow. This track is much too good to be a throwaway mp3 -- I hope it appears on a physical release at some future date. 1. CZVM 04:07 2. Womb 04:13 3. Dark At the End of Light 02:07 4. O Fool! 04:06 Total playing time 14:33
- Laughing Lady Elaine Fairchilde Lady Elaine Fairchilde of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood fame is possibly one of the greatest characters to ever grace a children's show. Sure, she was a total ***, appeared to have a drinking problem, and was quite possibly a drag queen, but that's what added to her awesomeness. Plus, some of her mannerisms remind me of my late grandmother (mostly when she called people "Toots"). Lady Elaine inhabited the infamous museum-go-round, which was undoubtedly the coolest residence in the Neighborhood of Make Believe. Her museum was full of jacked items, which she referred to as a "found items exhibit". Lady Elaine was notorious for being a real *** disturber. Some of her finest moments include dissing Prince Tuesday's drawing of King Friday, making light of Daniel Striped Tiger's wussiness, convincing Prince Tuesday that his parents might abandon him, causing mischief with her Boomerang Toomerang Zoomerang, and just being generally pessimistic. If this show wasn't for kids, she totally would have made fun of Mr. McFeely's name. While the other characters bowed down to King Friday ("correct as usual, King Friday"), Lady Elaine never put up with his crap. She didn't even call him "King Friday", he was just "Friday" to her. Fight the power, Lady Elaine! Such a tragedy. A lonely, educated, gender-neutral, liberal museum curator in a stiflingly small feudal "neighborhood" where everyone else is either part of the bureaucracy or a dumb animal. Was she a lesbian? Does ...
- "Encarnaci" Jenandtony's photos around Encarnación, Paraguay (paraguay music bottle dancing) Preview of Jenandtony's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Encarnación, Paraguay Entry Title: "Encarnaci" Entry: "Once we had finally reached the bus station in Cuidad del Este, it was an easy task to find a bus to Encarnación, although the quality of the bus was only a small step up from the boneshaker that we had just got off. We did have seats for the five hour ride although, even with all the windows open, the bus was still stiflingly hot. We were not sad to finally get into Encarnación and get across the road into a little hotel to be greeted by the owner, a charming Chinese woman called Gloria (!) who gave us lots of useful information about the town. As we walked around, it was clear that this is another of those towns where tourists are relatively rare and hence are treated no differently to locals. There are a lot of tiendas ambulantes (walking shops) here, basically a man goes around with a rack of stuff that he will try to sell to you. Much is the sort of stuff that people lose or break frequently (hats, sunglasses etc) but they often have useful items like torches, toothbrushes and vicious looking flick knives. And of course there are also those who sell food and drinks. We made a visit by local bus (we must be suckers for punishment) to the ruins of two missions. The first, Trinidad (we've only just realised that Trinidad is trinity ...
- Lady Elaine Fairchilde - BOOMERANG TOOMERANG SOOMERANG! .Lady Elaine Fairchilde of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood fame is possibly one of the greatest characters to ever grace a children's show. Sure, she was a total ***, appeared to have a drinking problem, and was quite possibly a drag queen, but that's what added to her awesomeness. Plus, some of her mannerisms remind me of my late grandmother (mostly when she called people "Toots"). Lady Elaine inhabited the infamous museum-go-round, which was undoubtedly the coolest residence in the Neighborhood of Make Believe. Her museum was full of jacked items, which she referred to as a "found items exhibit". Lady Elaine was notorious for being a real *** disturber. Some of her finest moments include dissing Prince Tuesday's drawing of King Friday, making light of Daniel Striped Tiger's wussiness, convincing Prince Tuesday that his parents might abandon him, causing mischief with her Boomerang Toomerang Soomerang, and just being generally pessimistic. If this show wasn't for kids, she totally would have made fun of Mr. McFeely's name. While the other characters bowed down to King Friday ("correct as usual, King Friday"), Lady Elaine never put up with his crap. She didn't even call him "King Friday", he was just "Friday" to her. Such a tragedy. A lonely, educated, gender-neutral, liberal museum curator in a stiflingly small feudal "neighborhood" where everyone else is either part of the bureaucracy or a dumb animal. Was she a lesbian? Does she drink too much or is ...
- "Bangkok and Khao Yai National Park" Leeandcathy's photos around Bangkok, Thailand (travel pics) Preview of Leeandcathy's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Bangkok, Thailand Entry Title: "Bangkok and Khao Yai National Park" Entry: "Day 54 - 22 June At 01.40 I reach the 42" screen, there's one other bloke sat there plus the hostel night watchman. The other bloke is French and wants to watch France, who are playing at the same time. Bugger. The casting vote went to the night watchman who had the remote; he smiled, said "Beckham, Owen" and put the England match on. Marvellous. 4-2. Rooney is class! Ericson is still too negative though, too much sitting back. After giving Rene an early morning match report and grabbing a few hours sleep, we're up and changing hotels. We move to the Chart Guesthouse which is ten times better for 400 baht (5.50). Bangkok is stiflingly hot and humid, sweat is a constant companion and once you accept the fact that no amount of walking slowly or wearing ill fitting clothes makes a blind bit of difference, it's OK. If you stood in the street totally *** and absolutely still you might not sweat, like those mime artists, seen in big cities, only instead of silver paint you'd be covered in factor 30. All 7-11 shops here have aircon so ducking into one to curtail the flow of dampness is a top tip. They're always full, but nobody's buying, it's like being in a huge slightly whiffy tumble dryer, everyone doing laps ...
- "On The Way Up to Trujillo, Lima, and Onwards" Joe.southin's photos around Trujillo, Peru Preview of Joe.southin's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Trujillo, Peru Entry Title: "On The Way Up to Trujillo, Lima, and Onwards" Entry: "Volcanic ash not only affects flights in Europe; Guayaquil airport was closed when we were in transit, and the flight was rerouted to Quito. I'm told by the air hostess that nearby volcano Tungurahua has erupted, and after a quick check online seems like this has happened before and it's actually pretty serious, with the last eruption leaving one dead, 60 missing, and several villages flattened. Although this was a city I had wanted to visit, it wasn't on the original itinerary, and it takes me further from my leaving point from South America: Lima, Peru. The detour takes me through the picturesque Quito (although I didn't leave the airport), through Manta airport, and bus to a stiflingly hot and humid Guayaquil, where I catch an overnight bus (and a bunch more mosquito bites) to Piura (Peru) with two like minded Irish girls. It's the end of the day, and the journey takes me past countless pueblos and farmland as the afternoon light slowly fades. Kids are playing football to unwind after a long day at school or college, and the elders relax on the patio or streets watching life go by, or pick through streams as the bus passes by; it seems a peaceful life, probably helped by the endless good weather. The ...
- "Mendoza for the wine" Gails's photos around Mendoza, Argentina (martin terence flannery chile) Preview of Gails's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Mendoza, Argentina Entry Title: "Mendoza for the wine" Entry: "The booking of the bus should have been an indication of what was to follow. I spent two hours on a Saturday night at the bus station in Santiago because I wanted to go, by bus, across the Andes to Mendoza, back in Argentina. I had heard that the journey was spectacular and the best seats were those above the driver in a double decker. Tried a few bus companies and ended up with Andesmar. Couldn´t get out on the Sunday on a double decker so booked for the Monday. Spent Sunday going up and down the Funicular in St Cristobal park and flying across the city of Santiago on a chair lift! Had a wonderful lunch up there in the sunshine with the whole city laid out in front of me. Met Martin Flannery of Flannery´s Irish bar in Bosque that night. Brian and Anne had met him on their wine visit to Chile in April. He has bought into a vineyard with a Danish partner and was looking for ideas on how to approach the Irish market - starting with catchy names! He seems to be quite the entrepreneur with pub, restaurants and wine interests. Had a surprisingly good Fish and Chips at Flannery´s! Martin´s partner in the wine business is Danish and is labelling his wine Chile Dansk. Chile Eire, Chile Ireland, Chile Green, Chile Shamrock, Chile ...
- Stornello dell'estate This is an ancient Italian folksong of the Roman area (which is my area). It is one of my favourite Italian folksongs. Gabriella Ferri recorded a splendid rendition of this song, Here are the lyrics and a (bad) translation. STORNELLO DELL'ESTATE Pe' te me distruggo d'amore bellezza mia pe' te butto sangue der core ma nun me voi Er letto me sembra 'n bruciore Co' 'sta callaccia la smania de baci e d'amore più nun ce l'ho Si è vero che giù nell'inferno c'è 'sto calore dovemo prega' er Padreterno de nun c'anna' Er letto me sembra 'n bruciore co' 'sta callaccia la smania de baci e d'amore più nun ce l'ho perché più nun me voi. SUMMER'S SONG I'm struggling for your love My beauty I'm throwing blood from the heart for you But you don't want me The bed burns And its stiflingly hot I'm not longing anymore For kisses and love If it's true that deep in the Hell It is so hot We have to pray our great God So that we won't go there And the bed burns And its stiflingly hot I'm not longing anymore For kisses and love 'cause you don't want me no more.
- Iranian Protesters Change is coming to the stiflingly religious regime in Iran. Show your support for the Iranian protesters who are standing up to their oppressive government. Order a "Nothing Is Your Own," t-shirt and we will donate 50% of the proceeds to The Foundation for Democracy in Iran. In addition to the donation, you'll spark discussion every time you wear your shirt to ensure those in Iran are not struggling for their cause in obscurity. Men's shirt: Women's shirt: The Arrogant Atheist Website: The Foundation for Democracy in Iran Website Music composed by sbGALT .
- "7.55pm - Human Error" Suzloua's photos around Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Australia Preview of Suzloua'sblog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Australia Entry Title: "7.55pm - Human Error" Entry: "Thursday 28 January, 7.55pm, Sails In The Desert Yulara is supposed to be stiflingly hot, all the time. It's a place where forgetting your water bottle is not an inconvenience, it's a death sentence. But then, I've never been here before. And as usual, when I arrived, I brought the good old English weather with me. It's been humid as anything the last couple of days, and this afternoon it finally broke and there has been a huge storm going on, leaving the perplexed tourists suffering a sudden downpour. It's still warm, but now it's warm and wet. (Contain yourselves, you heathens.) It also has that gorgeous smell that you get during a storm, only tenfold, because there is nothing manmade for a thousand miles in any direction, but the ground is teaming with life all the same. Admittedly, I don't really have any great fondness for bugs, and I can definitely live without the flies that are constantly trying to climb into your mouth and eyes, but it's still kind of awe-inspiring. In picturesque Fremantle, the buildings were so quaint looking that I felt like I'd walked onto a film set. Here, it's like walking into a painting. An old painting. Painted long before people worried about things like iPhones and ...
- Swiss Train Ride (sans pants) They wouldn't let me open the window on the stiflingly hot train, so I was left with no choice but to remove my pants...
- Development of AfricanAmerican English in "Springville" When you think about Texas, you think about cowboys and cattle. You don't think about cotton and slavery. But, that's in the history of this dry, flat and stiflingly hot east-central Texas. This has been cotton country ever since the time of slavery. After slavery was abolished this land was worked by dirt poor sharecroppers. I am meeting two linguists at the country store in "Springville", a tiny community sandwiched between two union pacific railroad tracks. For more than 17 years, Guy Bailey and Patricia Cukor-Avila have been conducting a remarkable piece of research into the language of local African Americans. GB: How you doing? Welcome to Springville. RM: Thank you. GB: Welcome to the train. PCA: Welcome to the train, right. RM: Do you have these all the time? GB: All the time. PCA: Every few minutes. RM: For generations of sharecroppers, black and white, the country store was the center of their lives. This is where they bought provisions, stores, and tools. And this where they borrowed money from the white store-owner until they sold their cotton. This store has been owned by the same family for more than a century. In many ways, it's hardly changed at all. It's in a kind of time warp. PCA: Well, when I first started out with this project, I would sit out at the general store inside and basically hang out there most of the day and interact with people who came in and talk with them and not necessarily record right at first until I got to know people. The mail is ...
twitter about stiflingly
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about stiflingly
“Before the rain comes, it's stiflingly hot due to the humidity in the air and the blazing She was home because .I'm going to let you, the reader of this blog, guess this one”
“ the eternal city – the arrogant opulence of the Vatican or the timelessness of the Forum. hot, and Romans traditionally desert the stiflingly hot city in August, with many”
— Wonder Life, wonderlife.blog.co.in
“by Shayne Benowitz Summertime in Key West zero wind, stiflingly hot temperatures, and water flat as glass. Well, not this summer. It has Key West Snorkeling, Sunset Cruises, Parasailing, Glass Bottom Boat & Catamaran | Fury Water Adventures Blog is proudly powered by WordPress”
— Hemingway and the Northwest Channel | Key West Water Sports,
“Life on Dac's Planet - Random ramblings from our little piece of terra firma. We'd tried the tent method before, but it always seemed to either be stiflingly hot, or it rained”
— Temporary digs | Life on Dac's Planet,
“it wasn't all stiflingly-crowded Tubes, tired sore feet, running around and forgetting to Feedjit Live Blog Stats. 15 things I'll miss about vancouver if I moved 2010 2010 winter”
— the whinery 2.0,
“When suffering Top 40 fatigue, or embarrassed by our Most Played' on iTunes, we wish we being hands free'), cosy (but not stiflingly warm), and surprisingly wearable (throw one”
— Our Blog | Boticca,
“Just another Blog.co.in weblog. Sicily is more than an island. November 29th, 2010 by iskyang. It's more than an island! Discover hard to say what you'll find most breathtaking about the eternal city – the arrogant opulence of the Vatican or the timelessness of the Forum”
— Travel Sky, travelsky.blog.co.in
“The weather is stiflingly humid and heat settles on you like an itchy wool blanket, but A blog exploring the Spiritual Tourist phenomena in India. What they're looking for, why”
— 7 | September | 2010 | The Dharma Project,
“The HAL lists Magyar Amerikai Listák have been created to serve the community with information of Magyar (Hungarian) interests. It is intended to provide a general medium for those interested in expressing, sharing, and exchanging their views,”
— Hungarian Online Resources (Magyar Online Forrás),
“To celebrate the opening of an ICBIE office in Rome, our Italian supporters, brilliantly was perfect: after a solid week of stiflingly hot weather, the choice of a Saturday night”
— The I.C.B.I.E. Blog " Blog Archive " An Italian ICBIE Night,
related keywords for stiflingly
- stiflingly hot
- stiflingly definition
- stiflingly define
- stiflingly synonyms
- stiflingly meaning
- stiflingly thesaurus
- stiflingly dictionary
- stiflingly origin
- stiflingly sentence
similar for stiflingly
- oppressive heat
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- stifle joint
- free online english dictionary
- law dictionary
- legal definition
- legal dictionary
- how to
- page tools
- legal browser
- free dictionary
- personal tools
- community portal
- requested entries
- recent changes
- random entry
- upload file
- special pages
- usage examples
- origin of the word
- dictionary definitions
- dictionary results
- popular searches
- random house dictionary
- final fantasy
- final fantasy xiii
- roleplaying game
- game platforms
- idg news service
- battle tactics
- battle simulator
- google maps
- indian casinos
- mendocino county
- money battle
- coyote valley
- redwood valley
- parking lot
- bay area