- Translations of stiction. stiction synonyms, stiction antonyms. Information about stiction in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. 231-233, stiction is the increased friction to break an at-rest object free (breakaway force) whereas stick-slip is a sawtooth change in the friction. — “stiction - definition of stiction by the Free Online”,
- NASA engineers have come up with two other potential solutions to the stiction problem. The three solutions are not mutually exclusive, says Hwang, and can be used in concert to minimize stiction. — “Lehigh University: Rossin College of Engineering and Applied”, www3.lehigh.edu
- Similarly, stiction causes the piston of an air cylinder to suddenly lurch forward at the start of a stroke or to move jerkily during its travel. Stiction can keep the stem from moving for small control input. — “Stiction - The Hidden Menace”,
- Covers underground Electro, Dance, House, Techno-Industrial, Trance, Ambient. — “Stiction”,
- Stiction is an informal portmanteau of the term "static friction" (μs), perhaps also influenced by the verb "stick". Two solid objects pressing against each other (but not sliding) will require some threshold of force parallel to the surface of contact in order to overcome static cohesion. — “Stiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Stiction (a word coined from the combination of static and friction) is the force required to cause one body The magnitude of stiction forces becomes especially important for the moving parts of. — “Semiconductor Packaging News”,
- The presence of nonlinearities, e.g., stiction, and deadband in a control valve limits the control loop performance. stiction and proposes a new data-driven model of stiction, which can be directly related to real valves. — “Modelling valve stiction”, ualberta.ca
- Stiction is an informal contraction of the term "static friction" ("μ  Experiment to Demonstrate Stiction. Place a wooden block near one end of a long. — “Stiction - DCCWiki”,
- Encyclopedia article about stiction. Information about stiction in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “stiction definition of stiction in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- This page describes the term stiction and lists other pages on the Web where you can find additional information. — “What is stiction? - A Word Definition From the Webopedia”,
- Fly-stiction is a special kind of stiction that occurs at the interface between a hard drive head and the hard disk. This paper has studied the nature, mechanism and solutions of the high fly-stiction phenomenon. — “High fly-stiction as a result of grease contamination”, cat.inist.fr
- An encapsulated MEMS process including a high-temperature anti-stiction coating that is stable under processing steps at temperatures over 450° C. is described. The coating is applied after device re. — “Microelectromechanical systems encapsulation process with”,
- a tutorial on anti-stiction coatings for MEMS devices While this release-stiction problem may be alleviated by dry HF etching or supercritical CO2 drying, a more difficult problem is in-use stiction which occurs during operation when microstructures come into contact (intentionally or accidentally). — “anti-stiction coatings for MEMS”,
- Molecular Vapor Deposition (MVD) for MEMS, NIL, Microfluidics and Nanotechnology MVD is a breakthrough proprietary nanotechnology technique that allows for room temperature vapor deposition of several types of organic and organometallic molecules. — “Home | Applied Microstructures”,
- stiction ( ′stikshən ) ( mechanics ) Friction that tends to prevent relative motion between two movable parts at their null. — “Stiction: Definition from ”,
- STICTION The meaning of STICTION. What STICTION stands for. The definition of STICTION. — “What does STICTION stand for? STICTION meaning and definition”,
- (informal, physics) The static friction that prevents relative motion of objects in Retrieved from "http:///wiki/stiction". — “stiction - Wiktionary”,
- Brief and Straightforward Guide: What Is Stiction? Stiction is a portmanteau of "static" and "friction" used to describe situations in which objects which are not sliding remain fixed in place. — “What Is Stiction?”,
- Micro-machining can address the stiction problem to some extent, but is not an. optimal solution because of the possible adverse effect functionality provide both the wear and anti-stiction properties to moving microstructures in MEMS. — “Anti-Stiction Coatings for High Reliability MEMS”,
- Stiction Reversal Treatment & Data Recovery. SpectrumData is a specialist in data recovery from damaged or deteriorated media. Stiction, as the term is used today, refers to a condition which produces similarly disastrous results but is. — “Stiction Reversal Treatment & Data Recovery - SpectrumData”, .au
- Selective stiction has been successfully applied to the batch fabrication of angular vertical comb actuators made of single-crystal silicon with The possible failure modes of the devices during the manufacturing process are studied, and a novel design of stiction plate. — “Micro vertical comb actuators by selective stiction process”, me.berkeley.edu
- Stiction definition at , a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!. — “Stiction | Define Stiction at ”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of STICTION : the force required to cause one body in contact with another to begin to move. Origin of STICTION. static + fromiction. First Known Use: 1946. — “Stiction - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Abstract: - Control valve stiction is the most commonly found valve problem in the Quantification of the actual amount of stiction present in a loop is an important step. — “NN-based Algorithm for Control Valve Stiction Quantification”, wseas.us
related videos for stiction
- Bardahl 6305 Synthetic 30W Suspension Fluid - 1.057 Quart Buy @ Technical Details:Maintains seal pliability * Controls leakage and eliminates foaming * Extends fork life with superior anti-stiction dampening * Made from state of the art synthetic components * Also recommended for all telescopic forks
- more of the same Same as this video: However in addition the past video, these clips show the head returning correctly. These also show clips with the cover both on and off as well as powering up the drive with the pcb side facing up and facing down. It also shows me powering up via both USB bridge and directly connected to the SATA interface of my PC. The bios fails to recognize the drive.
- BMW K75 K75S Fork Rebuild Forks By Frank 3of3b Documents the repair of leaking fork seals, addition of Progressive springs and new Forks by Frank Upper tubes to replace pitted and rusted oem fork tubes, correction of a misalignment issue causing stiction, use of the axle test, glass test to determine if forks are in the same plane, and use of glass test to determine if the triple clamps and fork brace are warped, addition of fork gaiters on a 1992 BMW K75s in the Fall of 2007 at 58K miles.
- Mountain Bike Suspension Parts & Maintenance : Mountain Bike Front Suspension Systems Learn tips on mountain bike front suspension systems in this free online bicycle parts and maintenance video. Expert: Mickey Denoncourt Contact: Bio: Mickey Denoncourt owns Spooky Bikes, at . Filmmaker: Christian Munoz-Donoso
- Utensil Trick Debunked Balancing a fork and spoon on a toothpick on the edge of a drinking glass is physics, not magic.
- Hot Shot's Secret Testimonials Part 3 Here are even more testimonials about Hot Shot's Secret from our customers. Hot Shot's Secret reverses stiction, which is the primary cause of injector failure with the Ford Power Stroke 6.0. It is so effective at fixing the injector problem in these engines that we offer a 100% guarantee. Please see our website for details.
- 2011 WP CC Forks w/ Stock Seals/Wipers=STICTION
- Locomotion by stiction A simple system of 3 elements is creeping forwards by just moving one element at a time.
- Ford 6.0 Powerstroke cold start before and after adding Rev-X This is my final Rev-X video for my 2006 Ford F-250 6.0 Powerstroke DIesel. It was having a cold start issue. Summers get hot here, so I didn't notice it when I purchased it. Now, the weather is dropping to the 40's at night, so in the morning I definitely noticed it. So I took some video of it within a 3 day period, and the morning temp is rising up to 50 some degrees. The first video, I had no Rev-X oil additive. The last video, I had already added the Rev-X and ran it for a day, so this is the following morning, again around 50 degrees. If you listen closely in the last 20 seconds, I do clipped 10 seconds from the first video at startup and 10 seconds from the last video at startup, so you can clearly hear the difference. Well I'm happy with this product, I don't work for them, but I'm sure this documentation would help them out. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. I hope this can help someone out. Leave me a comment, subscribe or whatever. I'll be posting more videos on my F-250 because the Lord knows it needs more work., and I will be here to chronicle it. I'm just done chronicling the Rev-X part of it. By the way, it might help to know that I previously ran the Motorcraft 15w40, then recently switched to Rotella T5 10w30 but it did not help the cold start, so then I purchased the Rev-X.
- Stepper controlled XY laser using XS1-G4 This is a home project I have been working on. Basically this uses a vector source which is then fed through a Bresenham integer line drawing algorithm which sets the stepper motor positions. To overcome poor resolution (1.8 degrees) of the steppers, microstepping is used - basically sineusoidal drive of the windings via PWM. Eight channels of PWM are produced at 20KHz. All done in XC. I have quite a lot of work to do but it basically working. Just need to smooth things off and account for intertia in the steppers and other non-linear stuff like stiction, which I'm finding out requires a bit of motion control know-how...
- Stiction in the gears? Vixen GPD2 mount with motors in DEC show a jump into South direction when giving short pulses at low speed into North direction.
- OCV1.avi Miata VVT OCV (oil control valve) motion. Solenoid is 7.5 ohms, 45 mH. This video was taken while the voltage being applied was varied from 0 to around 8V and back. At 0V the plunger sits to the left due to spring force (towards the O-ring). As voltage/current is increased, the plunger moves to the right. The piston begins to move at 300 mA. It reaches the end at 900 mA. Halfway there is a "hold" position, where the 2 oil entrance slots are blocked, at 520 to 540 mA. In this position the cam phase will be locked. The stiction on top of this is worth about 20 mA - ie there is 20 mA of deadband. That is if you are at 540 mA you need to increase current to 560 mA. If you are at 520 mA you need to reduce current to 500 mA to get it to move. This type of valve is also called a "spool valve". Its function is to steer oil flow/pressure between 2 outlets. The plunger will cause oil to flow to outlet A, or outlet B, depending on plunger position. One side of the valve has 2 large slots and the other has 3 large slots. Oil enters the middle of the 3 slots. The oil is then steered to either one of the 2 slots on the other side. Of those 2 slots, the slot nearer the O ring goes to the cam phase actuator's advance chamber, and the other slot goes to the retard chamber. In the "hold" position of the spool valve, both outlets are blocked. Going back to the 3 slots, the slots at the ends are for draining the chambers. When oil is diverted to the advance chamber, the oil in the retard ...
- Dead western digital. It was dropped. out of warranty in2009. out of a mybook. This drive had head stiction to the platter the heads were knocked out of the loading ramps just enough to touch the platters. 2nd and bottom heads were damaged. i pushed the heads back to the loading position and turned it on. click click click is all i get. This WDC is gone. RIP WDC. too bad this was dropped it would have been a good drive.
- Hot Shot's Secret Testimonials Part 2 Here are even more testimonials about Hot Shot's Secret from our customers. Hot Shot's Secret reverses stiction, which is the primary cause of injector failure with the Ford Power Stroke 6.0. It is so effective at fixing the injector problem in these engines that we offer a 100% guarantee. Please see our website for details.
- BMW K75 K75S Fork Rebuild Forks By Frank 1of3b Part 1 of 3, Documents the repair of leaking fork seals, addition of Progressive springs and new Forks by Frank Upper tubes to replace pitted and rusted oem fork tubes, correction of a misalignment issue causing stiction, use of the axle test, glass test to determine if forks are in the same plane, and use of glass test to determine if the tripple clamps and fork brace are warped, addition of fork gaiters on a 1992 BMW K75s in the Fall of 2007 at 58K miles.
- BMW K1200s at Thunderhill Trackday
- Ford 6.0 Powerstroke Cold Start w/o Rev-X I have a 2006 Ford F-250 XLT Crew Cab with a 6.0 Powerstroke diesel motor. It's been having rough starts on mildly cold mornings, and I believe this is related to injector stiction and hopefully not bad injectors. It has 155000 miles on the odometer so who knows. I purchased a couple bottles of Rev-X to see if it can cure my cold start issue so this is the baseline video for my testing.
- Bicycle Video Camera Mount, Rev 1 Mount on rear rack, camera pointed backward. Stiction of dowels on wood. Will try to replace with bearings in next rev.
- mac SE 40, 1989: how to cure stiction if you've got nothing left to lose. an old mac SE 1/40 from 1989. we had given up hope on the hard drive, so we decided to open it, hold our breath and spin the plates. that shouldn't have worked, should it?
- Festool Kapex Turntable Sticktion This video describes Kapex "stiction" and why I don't believe it's much of an issue.
- Musical Maxtor HDD This drive suffers from "stiction".
- How To: Replace Springs and Re-seal Your SP-5 Forks (by BBR) BBR's experts show you how to change out the fork seals in your SP-5 forks. (2005) For more info. go to .
- Quicken NanoLubrication Science & Demonstrations upto 30% or more increase in Fuel Efficiency Revolutionary NanoTechnology discovery by NanoLube, Inc increases efficiency and protects against wear with a scientific breakthrough Spherical NanoDiamond. Scanning Electron Microscope image, ASTM testing and demonstrations on gasoline engines and bearings,
- Linear Drive Vibration Based Linear Drive
- Inverted Pendulum Take Two Inverted pendulum take two. With some modifications and some more rigour I was able to improve the orginal response of my inverted pendulum. I comment on its construction, and demonstrate some distrubance rejection. Any suggestions related to the "stiction" problem, or other ideas for possible causes are welcome.
- HDD after freeing stuck r/w heads This is how the drive is currently functioning after experiencing stiction (The r/w heads were once parked on the platters.) Here's an example of stiction where visual damage occurred: The stiction happened for me because I clumsily dropped my laptop from 3-4 feet off the ground while downloading torrents. The battery fell out of the laptop and fortunately the motherboard was okay but the hard drive failed. I was able to get the heads free of the platters and get them moved to the parking ramp. However I wasn't able to read any data off the drive when I powered it up. Perhaps I caused non visible damage to the heads when I free'd them? I don't have expensive diagnostic equipment like pc3000 or deepspar disk imager or access to a clean room (as you can see by the dust particle that floats by at :22 - :23. I'm guessing I might need to transfer new read/write heads from a donor drive. I'm not very experienced at this though, just interested in learning. The drive was a seagate ST9250827AS.
- BMW K75 K75S Fork Rebuild Forks By Frank 2of3b Part 2 of 3, Documents the repair of leaking fork seals, addition of Progressive springs and new Forks by Frank Upper tubes to replace pitted and rusted oem fork tubes, correction of a misalignment issue causing stiction, use of the axle test, glass test to determine if forks are in the same plane, and use of glass test to determine if the triple clamps and fork brace are warped, addition of fork gaiters on a 1992 BMW K75s in the Fall of 2007 at 58K miles.
- Bardahl 6304 Synthetic 20W Suspension Fluid - 1.057 Quart Buy @ Technical Details:Maintains seal pliability * Controls leakage and eliminates foaming * Extends fork life with superior anti-stiction dampening * Made from state of the art synthetic components * Also recommended for all telescopic forks
- Bardahl 6300 Synthetic 2.5W-5W Suspension Fluid - 1.057 Quart Buy @ Technical Details:Maintains seal pliability * Controls leakage and eliminates foaming * Extends fork life with superior anti-stiction dampening * Made from state of the art synthetic components * Also recommended for all telescopic forks
- Ford 6.0 Powerstroke cold start issue first start after adding Rev-X Alright, so just after adding Rev-X this will be the first start. I still expect some stiction problems at startup since it hasn't had time to cycle through the system and clean out whatever it needs to clean out. The following video I expect the issue to be resolved tomorrow when I film it. I hope the Rev-X works. I can't afford new injectors at this time.
- 2001-2003 YAMAHA YZ250F: FACTORY CONNECTION FORK SEALS Buy @ Technical Details:Totally new triple lip "Samurai" design oil seal (patent pending) * Special Grey color, compliant rubber for improved life and less stiction. * Made to OEM specs to ensure proper fitment. * Excellent durability. * Does not include the wipers.
- Water Rocket Fun MK IV Introducing Mk IV. A modified version of the Mk III water rocket to strip out all extra weight and reduce drag. This clip also includes footage from two small digital video cameras mounted on the side of the rocket body and in the payload section. The new nose cone simply sits on some mounting screws attached to the mid section (unpressurised section) of the rocket. The nose cone is now a simple bottle end rather than the blown end and is more reliable at detaching and allowing the parachute to function. It was a little 'loose' on the initial take-offs so added some blutak on the mounting screws to give it some 'stiction' but proved a little too much in one flight. This version goes back to three screw support method which seems more consistent than 4 screws. The pressure leaks on the stand were fixed and we achieved 125psi in the later flights, this rocket body has taken some damage in the past so wasnt too eager to push past that limit. The iPod Nano took some great pictures in previous flights but gave it the weekend off :-) The onboard camera doesnt take the g-forces so well, maybe losing battery contact, or maybe writing to the SD card and the picture gets very fragmented and some files corrupt...the price for pushing the envelope. This version was stripped down of the contact and tape of MK III and performance was much improved, it looked a bit ragged and hence the motivation of the Millennium Falcon, as it might look messy but has it where it counts. Watch and Enjoy!
- Ford 6.0 Powerstroke adding Rev-X oil additive Well I received my Rev-X oil additive in the mail, and wanted to document adding it to my 2006 F-250 6.0 Powerstroke. My truck has been having a cold start issue, which I am assuming is injector stiction. Rev-X is supposed to resolve this issue, so we'll see. I don't want to buy new injectors just yet. I also show my Nuc Motorsports Oil Bypass system, noted in the anodized blue billet aluminum, braided stainless steel hoses, and amsoil bypass filter.
- Thunderhill Raceway gsxr 750 A track day lap around Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA on a 2006 gsxr 750. Willows is in the northern central valley of CA.
- Ford Powerstroke 6.0 2nd Cold Start after adding Rev-X So I don't know if you've listened carefully to the past couple videos, but I noticed no rough idling at all. Basically, the Rev-X did work so I'm glad I didn't have to shell out money for new injectors or the new ficm program update. I hope these videos helped someone out, leave a comment or subscribe and let me know what you think. And no, I have no affiliation with Rev-X, but if they want to give me money for documenting this, I wouldn't mind.
- Hot Shot's Secret Testimonials Part 1 Here are even more testimonials about Hot Shot's Secret from our customers. Hot Shot's Secret reverses stiction, which is the primary cause of injector failure with the Ford Power Stroke 6.0. It is so effective at fixing the injector problem in these engines that we offer a 100% guarantee. Please see our website for details.
- 2009-2009 HONDA CRF450R: FACTORY CONNECTION FORK SEALS Buy @ Technical Details:Totally new triple lip "Samurai" design oil seal (patent pending) * Special Grey color, compliant rubber for improved life and less stiction. * Made to OEM specs to ensure proper fitment. * Excellent durability. * Does not include the wipers.
- Ducati 748 bikes by olijve motorsport: The Ducati 748 was the smaller version of the Ducati 916, an Italian sports motorcycle manufactured by Ducati from 1994 to 2002. It was succeeded by the Ducati 749. Ducati produced several variations of the 748, starting with the basic 748 Biposto (meaning "twin seat") in 1994 and then the 1995-96 748SP and 1996-99 748SPS followed as more powerful options. The SP and SPS engines were in a higher state of tune and also came only as Monoposto (meaning "single seat"), although it was possible to order the base 748 with a monoposto option, and were intended as homologation machines for World Supersport racing. Other extras over the base model included Ohlins rear shock and fully-floating cast iron Brembo brake disks. The engines also came with an oil cooler. The Ducati 748L, also known as the Neiman Marcus edition, is a limited edition model produced by Ducati Motors. One hundred were produced in 1998 and sold exclusively through the Neiman Marcus catalog. The 748L features Mercury metallic paint, carbon fiber front fender and chain guard. In 2000, Ducati revamped their 748 model line to include a third variation: The base model was now known as the 748E, available as Biposto or Monoposto, with 3-spoke gold wheels and gold frame. Gone were the quick-release Dzus fasteners on the fairing, replaced with plain fairing fasteners, and the frame also had a fixed steering head angle. The rear shock was a Sachs-Boge unit with Showa forks at ...
- Mountain Bike Suspension Parts & Maintenance : Mountain Bike Rear Suspension Systems Learn tips on mountain bike rear suspension systems in this free online bicycle parts and maintenance video. Expert: Mickey Denoncourt Contact: Bio: Mickey Denoncourt owns Spooky Bikes, at . Filmmaker: Christian Munoz-Donoso
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about stiction
“Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?) Has anyone who owns a Saitek X45 managed to reduce it's friction? Mine tends to kind of get stuck in the centre and I have to”
— Reducing "stiction" of a Saitek X45. - PC-Gaming - General,
“Hey guys, I got stiction (spelling and dont know if its a real word) in my rear shocks. You can feel and hear it. What I am looking for are options”
— Stiction in rear shocks - suggestions please - Rexnet Subaru, .au
“mountain biking and cycling news, information and advice, tests and reviews of bikes and equipment”
— RP23 w/Boost Valve stiction? - BIKEmagic Forum Messages,
“stiction. The following topics have (all/at least one) of the tags above. Results. Topic Forum. Author. Steering stiction (topic) Striction: Static friction”
— Search Results,
“Bike Forum. Bad stiction - 2010 Float 140 RLC FITs. 10 posts & 7 voices | Started 5 months ago by fishboy | Latest reply from spock I've had the bike since November and not really done that many miles on it but the forks have still got quite bad stiction (if thats the right word!”
— Bad stiction - 2010 Float 140 RLC FITs " Singletrack Forum,
“Woodworking Magazine Blog. Corrugations: Stopping Stiction? Or For Suckers? Posted 10/25/2008 in All Weblog Posts | Handplanes. Handplanes with corrugated soles vex many woodworkers. If you find them on a vintage plane, should you grab it or should you shun it?”
— Woodworking blog Woodworking Magazine - Corrugations, blog.woodworking-
“Everything for the astronomer including news, classifieds, auctions, articles, telescope and equipment reviews, forums, and a calendar”
— Astromart™ Forums - Re: I Pledge to remove stiction,
similar for stiction
- the heads
- the platters
- the block
- free encyclopedia
- hard disk drives
- hard drive
- amateur astronomy
- driver training
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- teachers of english
- the force
- one body
- begin to move
- hard drives
- relative motion
- computer dictionary
- word definition
- original equipment manufacturer
- oem company
- quick reference
- static friction
- hard drive failure
- model trains
- rolling friction
- host system
- control valve
- microscopic level
- coefficient of static friction
- grover cleveland
- in the white house
- moving objects
- small piece
- straightforward guide
- online dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- general physics
- sticky tape
- free online english dictionary
- frictional force
- set one
- oxygen atom