- The threespine stickleback is found along the shore of Lake Ontario, in the St. Lawrence River, and on Long Island. The ninespine stickleback is common on Long Island, and is recorded from Keuka and Canandaigua lakes, with a few records from Lake Ontario. — “Stickleback Family Gasterosteidae”, fish.dnr.cornell.edu
- Differs from other sticklebacks in having fewer dorsal spines (3 vs. 4 or more for other reduced access to some spawning sites used by the giant stickleback (currently. — “THREESPINE STICKLEBACK”, aknhp.uaa.alaska.edu
- Encyclopedia article about Stickleback. Information about Stickleback in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “Stickleback definition of Stickleback in the Free Online”, encyclopedia2
- The threespine stickleback fish, Gasterosteus aculeatus, exhibits major morphological Thus, the threespine stickleback provides an excellent opportunity to study the evolution. — “Bell Lab- Research”, life.bio.sunysb.edu
- Gasterosteidae is a family of fish including the sticklebacks. FishBase currently recognises six*** species in the family, grouped in five genera. — “Ponds & Aquatic Life: Stickleback”,
- Stickleback definition, any of the small, pugnacious, spiny-backed fishes of the family Gasterosteidae, inhabiting northern fresh waters and sea inlets, the male of See more. — “Stickleback | Define Stickleback at ”,
- The family includes the three-spined stickleback Gasterosteus aculeatus aculeatus, common in Northern Temperate Climates around the world including Europe, Alaska, and Japan and colloquially known in United Kingdom as the "tiddler", or "sprick". — “Stickleback”, schools-
- stickleback (plural sticklebacks) Any one of numerous species of small fishes of the genus Gasterosteus and allied genera. The back is armed with two or more sharp spines. They inhabit both salt and brackish water, and construct curious nests.  Translations. Russian: колюшка /kól'uška/ f. — “stickleback - Wiktionary”,
- stickleback ( ) n. Any of various small freshwater and marine fishes of the family Gasterosteidae, having erectile spines along the back. — “stickleback: Definition from ”,
- After a long search, they settled on a little fish called the three-spine stickleback, which boasts a fearsome armor made of bony plates, much like an armadillo's. The three-spine stickleback needs this armor as protection against predators in the ocean, where it normally lives. — “Experiments in Evolution”,
- Encyclopedia article of stickleback at compiled from comprehensive and current sources. — “Stickleback encyclopedia topics | ”,
- Charles Darwin did not mention the stickleback in his 1859 On the Origin of Species. In his subsequent writings, Darwin briefly referred to the stickleback when he was struggling with the question of how animals select mates, and the male stickleback's devoted care of the young. — “Stickleback Evolution”,
- stickleback, common name for members of the family Gasterosteidae, small fishes, widely distributed in both fresh- and sal***ers of the Northern These are used as offensive and defensive weapons, often against other sticklebacks during the breeding season, when the male is brightly colored and. — “stickleback — ”,
- STICKLEBACK, the name applied to a group of small fishes (Gastrosteus) which inhabit the fresh and brackish waters as well as the coasts of the temperate zone of the northern hemisphere. As far as the European kinds are concerned, all may be. — “Stickleback - LoveToKnow 1911”, 1911
- The three-spined stickleback has a very slender caudal peduncle, and squarish tail fin, This stickleback is extremely variable in color, a fact hardly. — “Three-spined stickleback”,
- Myspace Music profile for Stickleback. Download Stickleback Breakbeat / Dub / Electronica music singles, watch music videos, listen to free streaming mp3s, & read Stickleback's blog. — “Stickleback on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures”,
- Welcome to the University of Oregon Stickleback Research Site The purpose of this site is to make stickleback research conducted at UO available to the public and to provide a link to other important stickleback work and resources around the world. — “Stickleback Research - SticklebackWiki”, stickleback.uoregon.edu
- Stickleback species are found in fresh water environments in Europe, Asia and North America. The family includes the three-spined stickleback Gasterosteus aculeatus aculeatus, common in northern temperate climates around the world. — “Stickleback - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of stickleback in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of stickleback. Pronunciation of stickleback. Translations of stickleback. stickleback synonyms, stickleback antonyms. Information about stickleback in the free online English. — “stickleback - definition of stickleback by the Free Online”,
- stickleback (fish), any of about eight species of fishes in five genera of the family Gasterosteidae (order Gasterosteiformes) found in fresh, brackish, and marine waters in temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere as far north as the Arctic. — “stickleback (fish) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- "Stickleback-FM Your Voice from the Basin and Beyond" already has a seven member board of directors and is headed by Kris Schill, pictured above, centre chatting with a citizen. "Stickleback FM - Your voice from the Basin and Beyond," that's got a nice ring to it. — “Home Page”,
- Stickleback Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos by Stickleback at ReverbNation Stickleback has been producing genre bending music for over 15 years. — “Stickleback | Melbourne, VIC, AU | Electronica/Dance / Beats”,
- Welcome to the official Facebook Page of Stickleback. Get exclusive content and interact with Stickleback right from Facebook. Join Facebook to create your own Page or to start connecting with friends. — “Stickleback | Facebook”,
related videos for stickleback
- Stickleback Behaviour - positive.m4v As part of my M.Sc. thesis research, male stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) behaviour was observed in the presence and absence of American signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus). This video demonstrates some of the typical positive (contributing directly to reproduction) behaviours observed.
- Stickleback / Dirt Slipping On Black Ice ~ 2008
- Stickleback fishes in my pond stickleback fishes :P living in my pond a few years ago my dad and i took a couple from a river and now we have so many our pond is over flowing with them so they have done very well!
- Stickleback Aquarium, Nano cube 24 Baby Sticklebacks in my 24G Nanocube Aquarium
- Three-spined stickleback, Gasterosteus aculeatus. 2009-02-24 Three-spined stickleback, Gasterosteus aculeatus. Larger view (11,2 Mb.) at this address oerred.dk Stickleback pictures you can find here oerred.dk
- Brook Stickleback fish (Culaea inconstans) Hello I bought a bucket of minnow at a bait shop and this little fella was included. someone told me that it is a stickleback! So I have him in an aquarium right now.
- Stickleback Partnership The Environment Agency, the University of Leicester and Gledhow Primary School have developed a project pack with instructions on how to keep three-spined sticklebacks in tanks, and resources for associated educational activities. This film, by Iain Barber and Vicki Macnab, accompanies the project pack and shows a variety of stickleback breeding behaviours, with commentary.
- Collecting Sticklebacks in Salinas Students in the Stanford Stickleback course collect sticklebacks using minnow traps, dip nets, and seines. All fish were promptly returned back to the stream.
- Threespine Stickleback by Jay n Joe Jay Rami Joe Shuster Period 4
- "I'm Bringin' Stickleback" (Parody of "***yback" by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland) "I'm Bringin' Stickleback" (parody of "***yback" by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland) Lyrics, Vocals, Editing: Nathaniel Krefman Starring: Phillip Cleves & Andrew Glazer Submission for UC-Berkeley MCB Follies 2009 (UC-Berkeley, Dept. of Molecular and Cell Biology) ____________________ ...
- Stickleback / Fantasia Between Earth & Sky ~ 2009
- Threespine Stickleback Humboldt Threespine sticklebacks (Gasterosteus aculeatus) in the Mad River, Humboldt County, California. This appears to by a fully plated, anadromous race. There have been many year-old fish in the lower, tidally influenced (but freshwater) reach since at least June. The young-of-the-year sticklebacks are recent arrivals...
- Native/Cold Water Aquarium, Spined Sticklebacks I have been collecting planty of grass shrimp and killifish (mummichogs) in the brackish trap throughout the winter. Last week I had something new for me though, about a dozen Sticklebacks. After taking some time to properly identify them, still not 100% on the exact species, prob 3-Spined Sticklebacks (Gasterosteus aculeatus) or a subspecies thereof, I set the trap again and had about 2 dozen more and added them to the tank. They seem to be doing well and like to hang out in the newly planted Anacharis recently introduced to the tank. The Pumkinseed Sunfish has been feeding well on the shrimp and killies. He tried to eat one Stickleback on the 1st day and was in for a rude surprise when the spines stuck in his mouth and he freaked out, now he leaves them alone! The tank is doing well... Java Fern, Anubis, and Anacharis growing well, along with some grass shrimp, plenty of Killies schooling around, and the new Sticklebacks. Looking forward to getting a few Redfin Pickerel for the tank in the next week or two and making some new vids.
- Alaskan Stickleback Research Assistant Professor John Baker talks about opportunities for undergraduates to do hands-on research in Alaska with him and Professor Susan Foster on stickleback.
- 3-Spined Stickleback tending his nest A small fish that builds a nest, at work keeping it clean. The Stickleback gets different females to lay egges in his nest and then fertilises them. He will raise the young alone.
- Let's Play Etrian Odyssey 2 - 017 - Stickleback Bar Just like the pub from the last game, but with 70% more accent! Go here to get side quests to get supplemental money, experience, and items!
- HMS STICKLEBACK MIDGET SUBMARINE RC My rc model of a British midget submarine. Kit by OTW.
- stickleback for biology
- Stickleback Fossil Hunting Dr. Mike Bell takes the students from the Stanford Stickleback course out to a quarry to hunt for stickleback fossils.
- Stickleback vs. Crayfish.m4v As part of my M.Sc. thesis research, male stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) behaviour was observed in the presence and absence of American signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus). This video demonstrates some of the typical negative (not contributing directly to reproduction) behaviours observed.
- stickleback fishing LOL
- MY POND MIXED NEWTS FROGS, FISH. STICKLEBACKS A Mixture of some of my Ponds Inhabitants and watch for the STICKLEBACK chasing the NEWT
- Three-spine Stickleback 2 The male (the one with blue eyes and red chest) is trying to build its first nest!
- Stickleback depot Valentine Gala heres a vid with some of my locos in action on my freinds Allen Wiggins Layout which is getting really good, check out his youtube page
- Evolution of Stickleback Fish in Lake Washington Part 2 of 2 | SCIENCE CAFE kcts9.org How does evolution lead to new species? Speaker Dr. Katie Peichel will tell us about her studies of sticklebacks - a tiny fish that can answer some big questions about genetics and variation between species. Airdate Jan. 11, 2010
- three spine stickleback
- Stickleback Fossils HHMI How stickleback fossils are collected and used in order to study evolution. One of many videos available for free from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Great Rod Race - Stickleback 1/1 matt hayes and mick brown on there fishing mission this time stickleback other episodes and videos on my account subscribe comment and enjoy
- stickleback fish
- Evolution of Stickleback Fish in Lake Washington | EASTSIDE SCIENCE CAFE kcts9.org How does evolution lead to new species? Speaker Dr. Katie Peichel will tell us about her studies of sticklebacks - a tiny fish that can answer some big questions about genetics and variation between species.
- Edsel Auctioneer - Stickleback - Snub TV Feb 1990 The Edsel Auctioneer burst out of Leeds in the late Eighties, sporting a fine set of noisy tunes reminiscent of Dinosaur Jr. The Edsel Auctioneer shared a drummer (Chris Cooper) with fellow Leeds group the Pale Saints for the first two singles.
- Threespine Stickleback short This Video short is of a large school of Threespine Sticlkebacks (Gasterosteus aculeatus) that I captured in Lake Cowichan British Columbia
- Three-spined stickleback and fry (Gasterosteus aculeatus) The male stickleback guards something. I think there was a nest somewhere. Though he may protect his fry. Video was written at the Gulf of Finland in July.
- Mighty Boosh Stickleback Crimp From Tundra (episode 4 or series 1) Vince and Howard are about to be put to death and Howard is trying to cheer Vince up... crimping ensues! Stickleback, Stickeleback, Stickleback, bourjouis. Cresty in the bingo hall, running like a china horse. Mmn p-ta masala, Mmn p-ta masala. Kentish town, Kentish town, yeah! Kentish town, Kentish town, no!
- Three-spine Stickleback Let's feed them! ;)
- 3 Spined Stickleback Movie Movie on our invasive species
- little stickleback with a big worm in his mouth during a seatrout fishing trip we saw a little stickleback with a big worm in his mouth !
- Wise Blood - TV Dinner Lady This Stickleback Productions promo won the inaugural Birmingham, UK edition of the 2 Weeks 2 Make It music video competition 2010 - coming 1st out of 13 entries!
- Three spined stickleback parent A male TSS cares for the eggs in his nest.
- Evolution of Stickleback Fish in Lake Washington Part 1 of 2 | SCIENCE CAFE kcts9.org How does evolution lead to new species? Speaker Dr. Katie Peichel will tell us about her studies of sticklebacks - a tiny fish that can answer some big questions about genetics and variation between species. Airdate Jan. 11, 2010
- School of brook stickleback A massive school of brook stickleback.
- Three-spined stickleback close-up This stickleback had an episode of fatigue, but is now back swimming with the school. They have been in the salt water aquarium for over a month now.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about stickleback
“Dolphin. Support. Unity. About. Account. Unity. Market. Jobs. Websites. Forums. Blogs. Members. Premium. BoonEx Home " Unity " Blog " stickleback's blog. stickleback's blog. Nothing found. © BoonEx Pty Ltd (ABN 27 127 966 581, Proudly Australian) Contact BoonEx. PET:0.07318902015686”
— stickleback's blog,
“Please login (AquariumWiki account is seperate from the Forum account) or register. Stickleback illness " on: July 01, 2009, 06:57:28 PM " Does anyone recognise these”
— Stickleback illness,
“An investigation into ***ual display in sticklebacks illustrates the pitfalls of judging a man by the size of his medallion plenty of carotenoids knocking around, a male stickleback might be advertising his good foraging skills and”
— Female sticklebacks see right through flashy males | Science,
“The Forbidden Planet International Blog Log. More Stickleback. Fri, Jan 11, 2008. Comics and cartoons. D'Israeli continues to post up more material from the new strip Stickleback: England's Dreaming which is currently running in 2000AD (with frequent collaborator Ian Edginton)”
— More Stickleback | The Forbidden Planet International Blog Log,
“Reading - Stickleback by John McCabe”
— Stickleback : Ian Nelson,
“News & Views on Ecology, Evolution & Genetics threespine stickleback. November 2010. M. T. W. T. F. S. S " Oct. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. Spam. 5,731. SPAM BLOCKED. Blogging services | Blog directory | Disclaimers”
— EGRU-blog " stickleback, blogs.helsinki.fi
“The OpenHelix Blog - at OpenHelix Hey, btw, if you want to see what they are singing about, check out the cute little stickleback's genome at UCSC, Ensembl, or read a bit more”
— Stickleback | The OpenHelix Blog,
“TinyMe Forum / Profile of stickleback. stickleback (Junior Member) Status: Offline. stickleback's Forum Info. Joined: 02-26-2009. Last Visit: 09-22-2009 12:21”
— TinyMe Forum - Profile of stickleback,
related keywords for stickleback
- stickleback fish
- stickleback bait
- stickleback evolution
- stickleback genome
- stickleback wine
- stickleback gar
- stickleback fish behavior
- stickleback red
- stickleback speciation
- stickleback ranch
- stickleback fish evolution
- stickleback fish facts
- stickleback fish for sale
- stickleback fish mating
- stickleback fish eggs
- stickleback fish company
- stickleback fish natural selection
- stickleback fish information
- stickleback fish co ltd
similar for stickleback
- free encyclopedia
- gasterosteus aculeatus
- related family
- the united kingdom
- family gasterosteidae
- marine fishes
- coastal species
- britannica concise encyclopedia
- the northern hemisphere
- middle english
- deposit eggs
- electronica artist
- dorsal fin
- ian edginton
- mother london
- chief constable
- main character
- title character
- comics anthology
- threespine sticklebacks
- threespine stickleback
- lake ontario
- long island
- new york
- fresh water
- central new york
- dorsal spines
- small fish
- species pairs
- morphological variation
- anadromous fish
- shallow lakes
- word meaning
- north america
- the gulf
- woods hole
- nest building
- gulf of maine
- english dictionary
- fresh waters
- stickleback fish
- brook stickleback