- Spacecraft are used for a variety of purposes, including communications, earth observation, meteorology, navigation, planetary exploration and space tourism. Spacecraft used for human spaceflights carry people on board as crew or passengers. — “Spacecraft - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Robotic spacecraft are specially designed and constructed systems that can function in specific hostile environments. Their complexity and capabilities vary greatly and their purposes are diverse. Flyby spacecraft may be designed to be stabilized in 3 axes using. — “NASA - Spacecraft Classification”, nasa.gov
- Associated Content from Yahoo! is a platform that enables everyone to publish their content in any format (text, video, audio, images) on any topic and then distributes that content through its website and content partners. — “Spacecraft - Topic - Associated Content from Yahoo!”,
- Spacecraft used for human spaceflight carry people on board as crew or passengers, while those used for robotic space missions operate either autonomously or telerobotically. Robotic spacecraft used to support scientific research are space probes. — “Spacecraft”,
- The spacecraft carried 10 instruments including a multicolor camera, and returned data The spacecraft will enter the Martian atmosphere without going into orbit around the. — “Space Missions and Space Craft”,
- spacecraft ( ) n. , pl. , spacecraft . A vehicle intended to be launched into space. Also called spaceship Most spacecraft are not self-propelled; they are accelerated to the necessary high velocity by staged rockets, which are jettisoned when their fuel is used up. — “spacecraft: Definition from ”,
- Artist's conception of the Hayabusa spacecraft deploying one of the surface target markers that will be used to guide the spacecraft's descent to the surface of asteroid Using the spacecraft camera, the entire surface of the asteroid will. — “Hayabusa (MUSES-C)”, neo.jpl.nasa.gov
- The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is the lead U.S. center for robotic exploration of the solar system. JPL spacecraft have visited all known planets except Pluto (a Pluto mission is currently under study for the early part of the next decade). — “NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory: Missions”, jpl.nasa.gov
- Spacecraft may be broadly categorized according to the missions they are intended to fly. Manned spacecraft are either reusable, such as the Space Shuttle, or designed for one time use, such as Soyuz. — “Spacecraft Systems”, braeunig.us
- Spacecraft Components Corp mil spec electrical connectors, plugs, receptacles, accessories, and tools for the aerospace, airline, computer, electronic and electromechanical industries. — “Spacecraft Components Corp”,
- Space Art @ Imperial Earth - Spacecraft Images from Air&Space Artist B.E.Johnson. Severely pummeled but triumphantly intact, the spacecraft has now passed out of danger. — “Space Art by B.E.Johnson - Spacecraft”,
- During the past 40 years, hundreds of spacecraft have been built in support of scientific, military, and commercial missions. This chapter is a brief overview of the characteristics of each of these different types of spacecraft and the missions they support. — “Chapter 1: Spacecraft Systems Overview”,
- Dawn Mission: A journey to the beginning of the solar system. Dawn will provide new answers to the questions about formation and evolution of the early solar system. The Dawn Mission marks the first time a spacecraft will orbit two planetary. — “Multimedia: Spacecraft & Instruments Gallery”, dawn.jpl.nasa.gov
- Spacecraft used for human spaceflight carry people on board as crew or passengers, while those used for robotic space missions operate either autonomously or telerobotically. Robotic spacecraft used to support scientific research are space probes. — “Spacecraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- spacecraft, vehicle designed to operate, with or without a crew, in a controlled flight pattern above Earth's lower atmosphere. — “spacecraft -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- Most of the rockets that have launched American spacecraft have consisted of several separate rocket stages; each stage is separately powered with its own fuel. After the fuel in each stage is consumed, the empty stage drops away from the spacecraft. — “Yahoo! Kids Space - Articles”,
- Encyclopedia article about Spacecraft. Information about Spacecraft in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. spacecrafts, spacecraft design, soyuz spacecraft, progress spacecraft, shenzhou spacecraft. — “Spacecraft definition of Spacecraft in the Free Online”, encyclopedia2
- The Celestia Motherlode is a site based on Celestia, a free, 3-D, real-time space simulator. It is a place for the Celestia community to catalog, publish and maintain Celestia resources. This page lists spacecraft models that are available for. — “The Celestia Motherlode: Spacecraft”,
- Russian spacecraft by Anatoly Zak. — “Russian spacecraft”,
- Spacecraft definition, a vehicle designed for travel or operation in space beyond the earth's atmosphere or in orbit around the earth. See more. — “Spacecraft | Define Spacecraft at ”,
- Science and technology news stories tagged with keyword: spacecraft. All science news about spacecraft. — “ - spacecraft”,
- Definition of spacecraft in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of spacecraft. Pronunciation of spacecraft. Translations of spacecraft. spacecraft synonyms, spacecraft antonyms. Information about spacecraft in the free online English dictionary and. — “spacecraft - definition of spacecraft by the Free Online”,
- Spacecraft Brooklyn, the best New York City craft store SPACECRAFT is a totally unique craft-making and supply boutique located on the South side of Williamsburg. — “Spacecraft Brooklyn :: The Best Craft Store in New York City!”,
related images for spacecraft
- dbpro spacecraft jpg
- spacecraft showroom jpg
- spacecraft2 jpg
- get shot out of a gun on the side of the spaceship Lg Image
- View from X Y+Z SSETI Express with its protection panels on Short video of the entire SSETI Express integration process
- EAT Eater LA heard about it and here s the evidence that design firm
- download hi res image
- HI RES JPEG Size 551 kb
- spacecraft jpg
- पिंड भी है क्योंकि ये सूर्य की दो विपरित दिशाओ मे यात्रा कर रहे हैं
- multimedia images jupiter flyby index cfm zdjęcia z przelotu koło Jowisza podsycają wyobraźnię i pokazują czubek góry lodowej tego czego się można spodziewać po 1 lipca CASSINI http saturn jpl nasa gov spacecraft images spacecraft litho jpg misja HUYGENSa http www esa int export esaSC 120378 index 0 m html
- Help spread the word please link to this site and please disseminate the free E book
- pool kitchen food court and arcade full of many fun activities for us to do Lg Image
- spacecraft jpg
- Philippe Laurent Jacques Paul CEA Saclay From January 23 to February 6 2002 an international team has fulfilled a very important calibration campaign on the whole INTEGRAL payload in one of the clean rooms of ESTEC The satellite
- rocketdownloadlogo b > 05 Mar 2000 20 23 5k site info GIF 23 Jan 2000 20 39 2k spacecraft star jpg 18 Jan 2000 22 31 58k spacecraft JPG 18 Jan 2000 21 53 26k
- Larger Image
- Start 07 02 2009 7 00 pm
- poloviny koule uděláte dno viz článek Loď v Blenderu mého předchůdce Většinu následujících nástrojů si budeme ukazovat na tomto příkladu Původně byla objektem koule Takto by měla ona loď vypadat po nanesení veškerých textur a nasvětlení tedy až po druhé části článku
- Top level Schematic Deliverables Source Code
- gemini 1 jpg
- vostok jpg
- Visualizations of Formation Initialization Algorithms This program allows the user to simulate and visualize some of the robot coordination algorithms from the following submitted paper Correctness ***ysis and optimality bounds of multi
- Spacecraft Crisscross Beanie Heathered Black Heathered Olive and Lime
- ２ ３ ４ ロゼッタ探査機と太陽電池板 Credit ESA 本体の大きさは２ ８ｍｘ２ １ｍｘ２ ０ｍ 重量は３０１１ｋｇ その内 燃料は１６７０ｋｇ 着陸
- Review Digital Home Peking CN 2007 selection Review Spacecraft Berlin DE Interview Emzin Ljubljana SLO Review
- Science Space WMAP In my undergraduate cosmology class my professor introduced this satellite as having brought about quantitative cosmolgy While that s probably just a bit of an exaggeration this little
- used to explore the planet to see if it is safe Lg Image
- spacecraft jpg
- Hi Res jpg
- Voyagers get their electric power from three radioisotope thermoelectric generators RTGs Some radioactive material decays and gives off heat which is converted into electricity using
- The TERRIERS satellite Vital Statistics of the Satellite
- Mai 2005 Bye bye Voyager 1 Die 28 Jahre alte Raumsonde ist dabei das Sonnensystem zu verlassen
- Because of possible problems with the launch of Discovery the Russians have offered to bring the shuttle crew home in three
- apollo jpg
- a full size kitchen a room full of emergency rations and a full size library Lg Image
- Radio Science Experiment GRE University of Bonn The Max Planck Institut fuer Sonnensystemforschung MPS contributed to 5 separate experiments The spacecraft was spin stabilised rotating at a rate of 15 rpm with the rotation axis designed to be aligned with the relative velocity of the spacecraft with respect to the comet The dust
- cycle and of stellar evolution Other SOI MDI photospheric observations will contribute to our knowledge of the solar magnetic field and surface motions On Saturday 2 December 1995 the spacecraft was launched into a halo orbit around the Earth Sun L1 Lagrange point The MDI power was turned on the next day and a week later the image processor and other electronics were
- monitoring spying planetary exploration and observation On the figure we show a picture of the Hubble Space Telescope which has been used to explore deep space from low earth orbit The most important payload carried by a rocket into space is a human being In the early 1960 s U S military rockets like the Redstone Atlas and Titan missiles were man rated to carry
related videos for spacecraft
- NASA's canceled spacecraft and rockets, Orion and Ares 1-X NASA has been busy planning for a new spacecraft, the Crew Exploration Vehicle (CEV), to be able to rendezvous with the ISS and then to take a crew back to the moon in conjunction with the Lunar Surface Access Module (LSAM). A Crew Launch Vehicle, named Ares I, derived from the Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Booster (SRB) will deliver the CEV to low Earth Orbit (LEO) while a larger rocket, Ares 5, will deliver ISS cargo of the LSAM to LEO. Once in LEO, the CEV and LSAM will dock and a J-2X Earth Departure Stage (EDS) will deliver the CEV/LSAM to Low Lunar Orbit (LLO) at 100 km. The EDS is discarded and CEV/LSAM temporarily decouple. The LSAM then performs the Lunar Orbit Insertion (LOI) to deliver the LSAM to the lunar surface will all 4 astronauts onboard. After some amount of time on the surface, an ascent stage from the LSAM boosts the crew back to LLO and the ascent stage docks with the unattended CEV. The ascent stage is discarded and the service module section of the CEV boosts the crew module (with crew) towards Earth reentry, and the service module is then discarded. The crew module reenters the upper atmosphere and an ablative heat shield slows the craft to a point where it is captured by the Earth. Parachutes then slow the crew module for a land (or sea in emergencies) landing. Whew, safe at last from solar storms! Ares V will be able to launch 130 metric tons LEO inclined at 28.5 degrees or it can deliver 55 metric tons to trans-lunar orbit. By comparison, the ...
- Orion Spacecraft Update Preparations for Orion's first mission in 2013 are well under way as a Lockheed Martin-led crew begins lean assembly pathfinding operations for the spacecraft.
- Shenzhou VII spacecraft China's third manned spacecraft Shenzhou-7 will blast off from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China. The Shenzhou-7 spaceship will carry the three taikonauts: Jing Haipeng, Zhai Zhigang and Liu Boming for China's first-ever space walk.
- Laser Pumped Flying Saucer Spacecraft The "Lightcraft" is a laser-propelled spacecraft concept that could ultimately run on other beamed energies, such as microwave.
- SpaceCraft Trailer Trailer for SpaceCraft: A new strategy game by OneExtraGames. In the year 2525 man is still alive, ... yet earth has been devastated. In the first act of the campaign you control the bold humans who start a journey to the stars to save their race. Yet the galaxy is not uninhabited... In order to survive they must learn to adapt to their new environment and to survive among the Xeyed with their dreadful bionic ships and the highly advanced mysterious Awlon. The battle begins... * 3 different races * Over 21 different ships, each with it's unique upgrade * 15 different powerful specials like cloaking or warping. * over 100 diffrent upgrades for your ships * 3 Campaigns with an epic story and 23 rendered animations. * Darwin Mode: How long will you survive the enemy surge? * 9 Challenge Missions * Over 10 hours of total gameplay We believe that this is one of the technologically most advanced flash games. Using a cutting-edge engine, allows for smooth filtering effects and awesome specials. Also all Graphics are rendered in 3D! Planned release date: September 2010
- Spacecraft "On Track" for Upcoming Launch At the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, the vehicle that will carry Expedition 23 Soyuz Commander Alexander Skvortsov and Flight Engineers Mikhail Kornienko and Tracy Caldwell Dyson to the International Space Station was moved to its launch pad on a railcar March 31, 2010. Launch is scheduled for April 2. The trio will spend six months on the station, joining Oleg Kotov, Soichi Noguchi and TJ Creamer, who have been in orbit since December.
- NASA | Spacecraft Chamber of Horrors Want more? Subscribe to NASA on iTunes! Or get tweeted by NASA: To prepare for Servicing Mission 4, Hubble components must endure harsh tests at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. This feature explores test facilities at Goddard like: launch phase simulator centrifuge, the acoustic test chamber, electromagnetic interference testing, vibration tables, static load test facility, and the space environment simulator. For more info: www.nasa.gov
- The Evolution of Spacecraft Imaging Systems Imaging from space has revolutionized our weather forecasting, intelligence gathering, urban planning, resource management, and astronomy. Learn about the development of space remote imaging technology, the potential for new technologies in the future, and how this technology has entered your life in ways you may not realize. Series: "Eyes on the Universe" [2/2002] [Science] [Show ID: 6030]
- "Alien Spacecraft on Moon Video " ***yzed DEBUNKED Paint it your self! http http
- Launch of NASA's New Horizons Spacecraft from T-00:01:00 to T+00:02:10
- Soyuz spacecraft blasts off The Soyuz space capsule carrying a Russian-American crew to the International Space Station was launched from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- NASA - Dawn Spacecraft Enroute to Asteroid Belt NASA's Dawn spacecraft is on its way to study a pair of asteroids after lifting off Thursday, September 27, 2007 from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 7:34 am EDT (4:34 am PDT). Mission controllers at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., received telemetry on schedule at 9:44 am EDT (6:44 am PDT) indicating Dawn had achieved proper orientation in space and its massive solar array was generating power from the sun. During the next 80 days, spacecraft controllers will test and calibrate the myriad of spacecraft systems and subsystems, ensuring Dawn is ready for the long journey ahead. Dawn's 4.8-billion-kilometer (3-billion-mile) odyssey includes exploration of asteroid Vesta in 2011 and the dwarf planet Ceres in 2015. These two icons of the asteroid belt have been witness to much of our solar system's history. By using Dawn's instruments to study both asteroids, scientists more accurately can compare and contrast the two. Dawn's science instrument suite will measure elemental and mineral composition, shape, surface topography, and tectonic history, and will also seek water-bearing minerals. In addition, the Dawn spacecraft and how it orbits Vesta and Ceres will be used to measure the celestial bodies' masses and gravity fields. The spacecraft's engines use a unique, hyper-efficient system called ion propulsion, which uses electricity to ionize xenon to generate thrust. The 30-centimeter-wide (12-inch) ion thrusters provide less power than conventional ...
- President Eisenhower Meeting in alien spacecraft 4/6 Holloman Air Force Base 1955 - Eisenhower was in a meeting inside a saucer UFO. Lecture by Bill Kirklin and Art Campbell. X-Conference 2009 ENJOY! Part 4/6
- Phoenix Lights was an alien spacecraft, former AZ Gov. says Former Arizona Governor Fife Symington comes out publicly for the first time saying he witnessed the Phoenix Lights UFO and believes the UFO was probably an alien spacecraft. Thursday, March 22, 2007 - Courtesy CNN Related Links: Note: There were not enough characters allowed in the title to put in "probably" as he is quoted as saying what he thought the object was.
- GLAST Spacecraft Lauch The Delta II rocket easily lifted the GLAST spacecraft off the launch pad, out of the smoke and clouds and into a beautiful clear-blue Florida sky headed for space. GLAST is a powerful space observatory that will open a wide window on the universe. Gamma rays are the highest-energy form of light, and the gamma-ray sky is spectacularly different from the one we perceive with our own eyes. With a huge leap in all key capabilities, GLAST data will enable scientists to answer persistent questions across a broad range of topics, including supermassive black-hole systems, pulsars, the origin of cosmic rays, and searches for signals of new physics.
- Our World: Constellation - NASA's Next Generation Spacecraft Get an up-close look at the spacecraft that will replace the shuttle. Explore the different components of the Constellation Program. Learn about Ares I, Ares V, Orion and Altair and the role each will play as we return to the moon.
- Travis Walton UFO Abductee explaining inside the spacecraft Travis Walton was with some logger buddies when they came across a strange craft in the forest. Walton approached it and was thrown into the air by some force from the craft. His friends panicked and drove away. They came back to find him, but Walton and the UFO were no where to be found. The event was well documented and is one of the best cases for the evidence of the phenomena. A hit movie titled "Fire in the Sky" was made based on this event. In this interview Travis discusses what he experienced apparently aboard a spaceship. Visit the Travis Walton URL below for more information. This was part of my TV show, Phenomena Television. URLS: www.travis- http
- NASA Spacecraft Reveals Changes at Solar System's Edge For the first time, NASA's Interstellar Boundary Explorer, or IBEX, spacecraft reveals changing conditions at the edge of our solar system. The heliosphere changes size through the solar cycle, which affects the number of cosmic rays that reach Earth. Scientists now have a better understanding of the dynamic nature of our home in the galaxy.
- Alien Spacecraft Found on Mars Amazing video with the new photos from the Mars surface showing tunnel tubes, more structures, an alien ship and and another face upon it's surface.
- President Eisenhower Meeting in alien spacecraft 3/6 Holloman Air Force Base 1955 - Eisenhower was in a meeting inside a saucer UFO. Lecture by Bill Kirklin and Art Campbell. X-Conference 2009 ENJOY! Part 3/6
- Rosetta Spacecraft Rosetta spacecraft will be the first to undertake the long-term exploration of a comet at close quarters. It comprises a large orbiter, which is designed to operate for a decade at large distances from the Sun, and a small lander. Each of these carries a large complement of scientific experiments designed to complete the most detailed study of a comet ever attempted. After entering orbit around Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko in 2014, the spacecraft will release a small lander onto the icy nucleus, then spend the next two years orbiting the comet as it heads towards the Sun. On the way to Comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko, Rosetta will receive gravity assists from Earth and Mars, and will fly past main belt asteroids.
- The Mars Spacecraft that Could Take One Minute of your time to marvel at the longevity of the Mars Odyssey spacecraft. Since 2001, it's been monitoring seasonal changes on Mars from year to year and making detailed maps of most of the planet. In 2002, the spacecraft detected hydrogen just below the surface throughout Mars' high-latitude regions. The deduction that the hydrogen is in frozen water prompted the launch of NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander mission, which confirmed the theory in 2008. Odyssey also carried the first experiment sent to Mars specifically to prepare for human missions, and found radiation levels around the planet from solar flares and cosmic rays are two to three times higher than around Earth. Odyssey also has served as a communication relay, handling most of the data sent home by Phoenix and NASA's Mars Exploration Rovers Spirit and Opportunity. Odyssey became the middle link for continuous observation of Martian weather by NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. "Odyssey has proved itself to be a great spacecraft, but what really enables a spacecraft to reach this sort of accomplishment is the people behind it," said Gaylon McSmith, Odyssey project manager at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "This is a tribute to the whole Odyssey team." Odyssey will support the 2012 landing of the Mars Science Laboratory and surface operations of that mission. Mars Science Laboratory, also known as the Curiosity rover, will assess whether its landing ...
- LAUNCH LRO LCROSS SPACECRAFT ATLAS V - 18 JUNE 2009 NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter launched at 5:32 pm EDT aboard an Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The satellite will relay more information about the lunar environment than any other previous mission to the moon.
- UFOs Aliens Mars Mission Cydonia Face Alien Spacecraft Real Planet X Files UFO OVNIs - mars ufo joint russian chinese missions russia phobos yinghuo-1 firefly-1 grunt china phobos-grunt real xfiles planet x files spacex space x nibiru rocket launch solar nasa ufos ufo raw footage storms flying saucer saucers unidentified flying objects hot proof of alien close encounters of the 3rd 4th kind third forth kind miley aliens girls encountered spacex dragon falcon top secret dancing cyrus evidence classified jonas moon hoax bikinis mars rovers updates jay leno show brothers moon landings faked 2012 arks flood taylor alien invasion swift roswell crash museum end of days nwo museums aliens elvis sightings bigfoot ufos crash in roswell eminem alien landings new moon world order illuminati caught on video videotaped the warning landing area 51 japanese japan michaellarry king texas ufo special military jackson top secret black projects jacksons pics party usa mib autopsy photos mibs brain missing best greatest footage jfk kennedy raw video of close encounters of the third kind crashed spaceship coverup conspiracy alien landings dreamland skunkworks research facility back engineering alien ships flying saucers strange creature caught on tape alien vampires or dna lab creature gone bad and escaped creepy crawlies, vampire alien, chupacabras, texas alien encounters, dna cloned menace, scientists create strange creature in labs and then it escapes and runs amok twilight vampire freaks freaky newest beasts new moon trailer legend of boggy creek ...
- NASA Team Captures Hayabusa Spacecraft Reentry A group of astronomers from NASA, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and other organizations had a front row seat to observe the Hayabusa spacecraft's fiery plunge into Earth's atmosphere. The team flew aboard NASA's DC-8 airborne laboratory, packed with cameras and other imaging instruments, to capture the high-speed re-entry over an unpopulated area of central Australia on June 13, 2010. The Japanese spacecraft completed its seven-year, 1.25 billion mile journey to return a sample of the asteroid Itokawa.
- Japanese engineers' fighting spirits in the spacecraft Hayabusa www.nicovideo.jp I'm so impressed with this Nico Nico Douga video that I translated it in English and posted it on YouTube. The crew of Space Battleship Yamato appears in this video is as follows: Science officer Sanada, Chief navigator Shima, Captain Okita and Ship doctor Sado. Sanada is capable and his ideas frequently save the ship from destruction. "In preparation for the situation like this!" or "I thought something like this might happen!" (Konna koto mo arou kato!) is his famous line in the anime. Reference video: --------------------------------- English translaton of the authour's comment of the source video on Nico Nico Douga Japanese engineers' geeky power in the spacecraft Hayabusa "In preparation for the situation like this!" It is not an exaggeration to say that JAXA's future predictions about the mission of the spacecraft Hayabusa are at an abnormal level and those predictions have been surprising the world. I made this video from the contents which were roughly brought together, using the crew of Space Battleship Yamato.
- Cassini Spacecraft Animation This is the Cassini spacecraft, currently in orbit around Saturn. It released the probe, Huygens, which descended to Titan's surface in January 2005. The animation was made with the Celestia Open Universe program. Because I've become interested in the idea of a nuclear powered robot for a planetary mission, like the Russian mission to Phobos, from 1999, I found a diagram of the systems used for the Pioneer spacecraft and the nuclear power-generation system looked like the things sticking out at the rear of Cassini, with cooling vanes. See also my animation of Phobos and the comments. For Pioneer the 2 generators produced 140W at Jupiter, declining to 100W at Saturn. I think a small unit producing about 5-10W would be possible. Does anyone make something that small already?
- Space Balloon - Stratosphere Spacecraft Launched From Newburgh, NY Like, Rate 5 Stars, and Subscribe for cool comming soon videos... A father-son team from Park Slope decided NASA wasn't doing enough to document the stratosphere, and decided to take matters into their own hands. After testing their "19-inch helium filled weather balloon" in Brooklyn, Luke Geissbuhler and his son Max headed upstate and launched the device, complete with a camera, into space...... ------------------------------- The two were able to track the device with GPS, and Columbia University Professor of Astronomy Marcel Aguera said the two were "very good but also very lucky." Pretty cool what they did huh??
- NASA Spacecraft Successfully Lands on Mars PlusNASA Spacecraft Successfully Lands on MarsNASA Spacecraft Successfully Lands on MarsThe Associated PressNASA's Phoenix spacecraft has successfully landed near Mars' north pole for a 90-day digging mission. Mission control at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory celebrated after the Phoenix signaled back that it had survived Sunday's fiery entry. (May 25)[Notes:ANCHOR VOICE] ((NATS: Phoenix has landed)) NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander has touched down on the Red Planet.The robotic craft sent a signal back to mission control in California after a nail-biting seven minute plunge.((Barry Goldstein/Project Manager: In my dreams it couldn't have gone as perfectly as it did tonight. It went right down the middle. We're on the surface. We had a minute worth of data after touch down.))At a speed of 12 thousand miles per hour and with its shields protecting it from intense heat...Phoenix made its way through the thin atmosphere on Mars.The craft was designed to dig into the icy soil near the planet's North Pole. Its mission-- determine if the frosty surface could have supported primitive life.Phoenix will remain on Mars for the next 90 days.
- Rosetta Spacecraft visits the Lutetia Asteroid - SpacePod 2010.07.12 We sure do like pretty pictures here at Spacevidcast. The latest stunning imagery comes from our friends over at ESA. The Rosetta spacecraft flew only 3162 kilometers or just under 2000 miles from the Lutetia asteroid on July 10th, 2010. This asteroid is about 130 kilometers in diameter and is the largest asteroid ever visited by a spacecraft. Check out a few of the images that Rosetta took. Notice the heavily cratered surface much like our moon. That would come from billions of years of impacts with other objects. To put the size of this asteroid in to perspective, it is about 1/13th the size of our own moon at 130 kilometers as opposed to 1737 kilometers for good ol' Luna.Lutetia is not the final destination for Rosetta, just a little stop along the way. In 2014 the spacecraft should rendezvous with 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko where it will not only orbit the comet, but also place a lander on its surface!Like many spacecraft these days, the Rosetta craft has not been without its issues, and the mission isn't even done yet! Originally the craft was to be launched in January 2003 with a rendezvous target of 46P/Wirtanen in 2011. However this plan had to be abandoned after an Ariane 5 rocket failed to launch on time. A new plan was formed to launch in February 2004 with the new target of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. After 2 more launch scrubs, which we all know and love, the Rosetta spacecraft finally took flight on March 2nd, 2004.However, this late launch date was not ...
- NASA's Kepler Spacecraft Discovers Its First Rocky Exoplanet NASA's Kepler spacecraft has discovered Kepler-10b, its first confirmed rocky planet and the smallest transiting exoplanet discovered to date. Kepler-10b is only 1.4 times the size of Earth and has an average density of 8.8 grams per cubic centimeter, similar to that of an iron dumbbell. The planet orbits its star in only 0.84 days and is not in the habitable zone, where liquid water could exist.
- Spacecraft on its way to the Asteroids The spacecraft Dawn on its way to the asteroid belt, from JPL.
- President Eisenhower Meeting in alien spacecraft 1/6 Holloman Air Force Base 1955 - Eisenhower was in a meeting inside a saucer UFO. Lecture by Bill Kirklin and Art Campbell. X-Conference 2009 ENJOY! Part 1/6
- Launches X-37B Spacecraft via Atlas V Rocket ULA - 22 April 2010 United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket will launch the US military's X-37B, a prototype space plane also called the Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV). The Atlas V will fly in the 501 vehicle configuration with a five-meter fairing, no solid rocket boosters and a single-engine Centaur upper stage. This will be the 21st Atlas V launch in program history.
- Branson unveils civilian spacecraft - 8 Dec 2009 It's one small step for billionaire businessman Richard Branson ... and one giant leap for people who have always dreamed of travelling into space. Virgin Galactic has unveiled the world's first commercial space-craft. But if you're hoping for an economy class flight to the final frontier, you're going to be disappointed. Tickets are expected to cost $200000. Al Jazeera's Todd Baer reports.
- Richard Branson Unveils '***iest Spaceship Ever' Commercial space travel just made a giant leap with the unveiling of SpaceShipTwo, Virgin Galactic's newest vessel and the world's first commercial spacecraft. Sir Richard Branson talks to Discovery News' Irene Klotz about his latest innovation.
- inflatable spacecraft Read more: Fabric spacecraft are now being scaled up as they gain interest from NASA.
- Mars Spacecraft Faces Riskiest Part of Mission TechnologyMars Spacecraft Faces Riskiest Part of MissionMars Spacecraft Faces Riskiest Part of MissionThe Associated PressNASA's Phoenix spacecraft is set to descend to the surface of Mars for 90-day mission to excavate soil and ice. NASA hopes the mission will illuminate whether the site could have supported microbial life. (May 24)[Notes:ANCHOR VOICE] [Notes:VO--NASA ANIMATION OF PHOENIX]AFTER TRAVELING NEARLY TEN MONTHS IN SPACE -- THE PHOENIX MARS LANDER IS ABOUT TO TOUCH DOWN ON THE SURFACE OF MARS.IF ALL GOES ACCORDING TO PLAN -- IT WILL LAND ON THE PLANET'S NORTHERN POLAR REGION WHERE SCIENTISTS THINK THERE ARE VAST AMOUNTS OF UNDERGROUND ICE -- AND PERHAPS TRACES OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS -- AN ESSENTIAL INGREDIENT FOR LIFE [Notes:SOT--DOUG MCCUISTION/NASA MARS EXPLORATION PROGRAMME] "This is truly the defining moment of this mission. Nonetheless global success rate for getting to the surface of Mars is less than 50 percent. The challenges that that represents requires perseverance from a team like this so Phoenix doesn't become another statistic." [Notes:VO--ANIMATION OF PHOENIX]THE LANDER WILL RELY ON ITS HEAT SHIELD -- IT'S PARACHUTE -- AND A DOZEN THRUSTERS TO SLOW ITSELF DOWN FROM 12 THOUSAND MILES PER HOUR TO JUST 5 MILES PER HOUR IN ONLY A FEW MINUTES. [Notes:SOT--- DOUG MCCUISTION/NASA] " "There is a lot of uncertainties left. There is still the potential for a manoeuvre that's gonna be discussed. There is also just typically the unknown that occur on Mars ...
- Soyuz spacecraft takes first Malaysian into space A Soyuz spacecraft has blasted off from the Baykonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, taking Malaysia's first cosmonaut into space. Sheikh Muzaphar Shukor joins two professional space crew on the 16th mission to the ISS. Dr Shukor will spend 11 days in orbit, carrying out scientific experiments.
- President Eisenhower Meeting in alien spacecraft 2/6 Holloman Air Force Base 1955 - Eisenhower was in a meeting inside a saucer UFO. Lecture by Bill Kirklin and Art Campbell. X-Conference 2009 ENJOY! Part 2/6
twitter about spacecraft
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about spacecraft
“NASA Cassini spacecraft discovers water on Saturn's moon Enceladus Never thought I'd be linking to a political blog, but Drudge has a very cassini, enceladus, life, moon, nasa, saturn, spacecraft”
— NASA Cassini spacecraft discovers water on Saturn's moon,
“Late tomorrow night, NASA's Kepler spacecraft will—conditions permitting—lift off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on its unprecedented mission to find habitable, Earth-like planets around distant stars. The $600-million The guest blog is a forum for such opinions”
— News Blog: Kepler spacecraft, hunter of habitable planets,
“Default Description Blog. Spacecraft International. Shopping basket 0. Blog. 2009. 2010. November. Email us with your articles, ideas and events. 17/11/2010. Orgatec Review 2010. Cologne again saw”
— Spacecraft International Blog, furniture specialists, Knoll,
“Spacecraft is an art project pushed onto wears and accessories with the intent to create social interaction through the creation of amazing products”
— Spacecraft Clothing " The "Purple Razors" exhibit,
— Spacecraft Blog,
“Deep impact spacecraft flies by comet Hartley 2 - From astronomy blog”
— Deep impact spacecraft flies by comet Hartley 2, astronomy-
“Both the Optical Telescope Assembly and the Main Electronics Box of LOLA are mounted on the spacecraft. installed the +Z panel of the spacecraft (the last major structural panel), and installed”
— . Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, lunar.gsfc.nasa.gov
“Blog - Two NASA Spacecraft Begin New Exploration Assignments Two NASA spacecraft have been assigned a new mission after successfully completing their original science objectives earlier this year”
— ISPCS- Blog - Two NASA Spacecraft Begin New Exploration,
similar for spacecraft
- spacecraft subsystems
- propulsion subsystem
- electrical power
- launch vehicle
- reusable spacecraft
- mars orbiter
- robotic spacecraft
- mission profile
- electrical connectors
- spacecraft components corp
- military connectors
- connector accessories
- dust caps
- power connectors
- online dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- free online dictionary
- spacecraft control
- english dictionary
- outer space
- new world encyclopedia
- the space shuttle
- planetary body
- manned spacecraft
- aerospace engineering
- britannica concise encyclopedia
- weather satellites
- upper stages
- craft store
- new york city
- mailing list
- bedford ave
- south side
- back to earth
- space vehicle
- earth satellite
- american spacecraft