- Articles from the Smithsonian Institution's award-winning, monthly magazine, plus exclusive Web articles, videos, blogs, photos and more. — “Smithsonian Magazine”,
- The Smithsonian Institution is the world's largest educational and research institute and museum complex, administered and funded by the government of the United States and by endowments, contributions, and revenues from its retail stores and publications. — “Smithsonian Institution - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Offers a variety of unique items for a number of occasions. — “Smithsonian Store”,
- Offers music from contemporary grassroots cultures in the United States and abroad from a vast museum catalog. — “Smithsonian Folkways Recordings”, folkways.si.edu
- goSmithsonian is the official visitorâ€™s guide to the Smithsonian featuring exhibit listings, maps, restaurants, shops, lodging, dining and a blog. — “Smithsonian Museums, Exhibits, Washington DC Travel, Dining”,
- The Smithsonian administers numerous bureaus, including the Freer Gallery of Art, the Some 24 million people every year view the Smithsonian's exhibits on art, music, TV and film, science, history, and other subjects. — “Smithsonian Institution: Information from ”,
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority: Rail Smithsonian. Select the red location marker for directions to this station. 1200 Independence Avenue SW. Washington, DC 20004. Parking: None. Bike Parking: There are 2 bike racks at this station. Carsharing: None. — “Metro - Rail - Smithsonian”,
- Alexis Rockman's provocative paintings illustrating the tensions between nature and culture go up at the Smithsonian American Art Museum A new interactive exhibit featuring a Microsoft Surface unit showcases the theme of light at the Smithsonian. — “Home | Newsdesk”, newsdesk.si.edu
- Welcome to the Smithsonian Institution, the world's largest museum complex and research organization composed of 19 museums, 9 research centers, and the National Zoo. Explore science at the Smithsonian through video, feature article, photos and more. — “Smithsonian Institution”, si.edu
- Student travel and field trips by Smithsonian Student Travel - Educational student trips and field trips to destinations across the US. — “Smithsonian Student Travel | Student Trips and Tours, Field Trips”,
- It has over 136 million items in its collections, publishes two magazines named Smithsonian (monthly) and Air & Space (bimonthly), and employs the Smithsonian Police to protect visitors, staff, and the property of the museums. The Institution's current logo is a stylized sun. — “Smithsonian Institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Official site with online exhibits and visitor information. — “Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum”, nasm.si.edu
- Explore, Discover, Learn: Art and culture, history and travel, science and nature. Explore all the Smithsonian has to offer at Smithsonian Students . From interactive Idealabs to homework help to strange but true facts, you'll find it here!. — “Smithsonian Education - Students Home Page”,
- The Smithsonian Resident Associate Program offers more than 100 educational and cultural programs a month for the residents of the greater Washington, D.C., area. Learners of all ages and backgrounds share the delight of inquiry through. — “Smithsonian Resident Associates – Educating and Entertaining”,
- On October 22, 2010, the Libraries participated in the Smithsonian Archives Fair to celebrate American Archives Month. A number of the items are also related to the history of the Smithsonian, including Theodore Roosevelt's 1909-1910 African expedition, where some of the animals now in. — “Smithsonian Libraries”, smithsonianlibraries.si.edu
- A Web site featuring highlights of the Smithsonian Institution's scientific research in the fields of anthropology, astrophysics, conservation biology, geology, materials science, paleontology and zoology. — “NASA's new eye on the sun delivers stunning images”,
- From the frozen slopes of Colorado to the riversides of Maryland, wacky American festivals attract thousands of celebrants year after year. Smithsonian Channel is a trademark of Smithsonian Institution. — “America Wild and Wacky: Episode 2 (Full Episode”,
- Shop for Smithsonian at Target. Choose from Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Smithsonian Electronic Crystal Growing Kit and other products. — “Smithsonian : Target Search Results”,
related videos for smithsonian
- Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (Pt 1) - Air Smithsonian Air and Space Museum at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington Dulles International Airport is the companion facility to the Museum on t...
- Wild Thing: The Smithsonian National Zoo As part of its mission to "advance research and scientific knowledge in conserving wildlife and to teach and inspire people to protect wildlife, natural reso...
- Smithsonian Institution Libraries: Creating the Digital Library Overview of the Smithsonian Libraries digitization process; includes images of scanning equipment and collections scanning.
- Poinsettias at the Smithsonian Monty Holmes, a horticulturalist at Smithsonian Gardens, gives an inside look at the history, culture and science of poinsettias, thousands of which have a h...
- The Smithsonian's National Museum of American History Revisited I visited the Smithsonian National Museum of American History in 2009 and went back to look at a few more things I missed the first time in 2011. This is the...
- Visible Engine Model Kit Review - Smithsonian Motor-Works The Smithsonian Motor-Works model kit is a visible plastic 4-cylinder engine model kit powered by batteries. The visible engine kit contains more than 100 pi...
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History - Insider Perks Travel Video It is the largest natural history museum in the United States and best of all, admission is absolutely free in Washington, DC. For more information visit: ht...
- Smithsonian American Art Museum - Renwick Gallery - Student Orientation Video Welcome to the Smithsonian. This orientation video outlines some of the most exciting exhibits in this Smithsonian museum. Created for students, the video al...
- Washington D.C. Smithsonian Institution Washington D.C. Smithsonian Institution.
- Smithsonian NINJA Documentary! A Documentary about the historical view of the Ninja. Done by Smithsonian Channel.
- Smithsonian Institute Blues - Tom Dyer (Official Music Video) Smithsonian Institute Blues - http:///wordpress/catalog_Dyer_Aint_Blue.php - Directed by Tom Dyer, Cameras by Carlton IV and Howie ...
- Smithsonian previews exhibit on 'Time and Navigation' The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum previewed its upcoming "Time and Navigation" exhibition Wednesday, which explores how revolutions in timekeepin...
- Contemporary Art Conservation at Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum Latex, chocolate, soap, and video game software are just a few of the non-traditional materials that have inspired contemporary artists. While they embrace t...
- The U.S.S, Enterprise at The Smithsonian Museum The Starship U.S.S, Enterprise at The Smithsonian Museum.
- Apps for Apes: Smithsonian Orangutans using iPads for Enrichment The Smithsonian's National Zoo is participating in the Apps4Apes program. The Apps4Apes program is an Orangutan Outreach initiative, designed to further enri...
- Space Shuttle Discovery Delivered to the Smithsonian The Space Shuttle Discovery, mounted atop a modified 747 jet, flew over the National Mall in Washington, D.C. on April 17, 2012 on its way to its permanent h...
- Traveling with EF Smithsonian Student Travel Learn more about Smithsonian Student Travel; specifics of signing up for your trip what your tour will include and what to expect while traveling.http://www...
- Smithsonian Libraries The Smithsonian Libraries offer a vast amount of resources to the general public. This video gives you a peek into the amazing world of discovery and preserv...
- "Blue Clouds" by Elizabeth Mitchell and You Are My Flower from Smithsonian Folkways Purchase this recording from Smithsonian Folkways and support our mission as the non-profit record label of the national museum of the United States: http://...
- America's Treasures - The First Lady's Inauguration Gown at the Smithsonian Jason Wu, the fashion designer behind First Lady Michelle Obama's 2008 inauguration gown, describes how it feels to be a part of the Smithsonian National Mus...
- Revealing Hidden Treasures - Smithsonian Archives Fair 2012 October is American Archives Month, a time to focus on the importance of the Smithsonian's vast collections of archival and historical records and to highlig...
- [HD] Night at the Museum 2. Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) Official Movie Trailer Comin' Soon!
- Ken Johnston at the Smithsonian (1 of 2) Ken Johnston at The Smithsonian. Former NASA employee and Apollo Mission team member Dr. Ken Johnston tells us his story of NASA fakery and image manipulatio...
- Marina Abramović at the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Marina Abramović at the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
- Smithsonian Office of Facilities Management and Reliability
- The Smithsonian's National Museum of American History Taken in July 2009. This is a sample of what is inside the museum. I did not get to take pictures of everything due to time constraints, but there is enough ...
- Smithsonian Institute Unveils 9-11 Artifacts For more news and videos visit ☛ http:// Follow us on Twitter ☛ http:///NTDTelevision Add us on Facebook ☛ http://...
- Smithsonian Museum 1988 In July of 1988 I would visit the Air and Space Museum along with the Museum of American History.
- Smithsonian Giant Squid This a video of a giant squid. I took it while I was at the Smithsonian of Natural History Museum.
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian Movie Trailer Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian Movie Trailer - Official Trailer - High Quality A sequel to Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian sta...
- Introducing Leafsnap Leafsnap: http:///us/app/leafsnap/id430649829?mt=8 Leafsnap for iPad: http:///us/app/leafsnap-for-ipad/id433522683?mt=8 Note:...
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) HD Trailer When the Museum of Natural History is closed for upgrades and renovations, the museum pieces are moved into federal storage at the famous Washington Museums....
- Ben Stiller Gives you Introduction To The Smithsonian Listen to Ben Stiller as he Gives you an Introduction To The Smithsonian museum. This is the same museum used to film Night at The Museum.
- Captain Beefheart / Smithsonian Institute Blues captain beefheart smithsonian blues with dinosaurs Come on down t' the big dig Come on down t' the big dig Come on t' the big dig Singin' the Smithsonian Ins...
- The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History Part One Here is a video I took while visiting the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C. This is the first part, which mainly focuses on mammals, ...
- Blackalicious ft. Lateef - Smithsonian Institute Of Rhyme [HQ] From the Album "Nia"2000. Quannum Projects. http:///us/album/nia/id6809971 http:///listen/#/artist/blackalicious/10564138/ http...
- Smithsonian: Natural History Museum
- Smithsonian Micro Volcano Raleigh and I build and erupt the Smithsonian Micro Volcano.
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum My first impressions of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum http://www.nasm.si.edu/ Photograph identification in order of appearance: Orville and W...
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian Movie Game Walkthrough Part 1 (Wii) Level 1 - New York Museum of Natural History (Part 1) Part 1:2: http:///watch?v=ZlfRskKE3vU&feature=BF&list=PLA0CA8E182FC7445E&index=2 I was a...
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about smithsonian
“"O Say Can You See?" is a blog produced by the National Museum of American History (NMAH). The blog takes readers behind the scenes at the museum, Editor's Note: This post was originally published on Smithsonian Magazine's Around the Mall blog. Do you have a great idea for visiting the Museum”
— O Say Can You See?, blog.americanhistory.si.edu
“Re-Imagining the Smithsonian in the Digital Age. Earlier this afternoon I attended the Smithsonian 2.0 Forum, a follow-up event to January's Smithsonian 2.0 Gathering. The Forum, webcast from the Smithsonian 2.0 website, presented three points of concern and opposing arguments for each point”
— Smithsonian 2.0, smithsonian20
“ in 1992, by Carolyn Russo, Photographic print, Smithsonian Institution Archives Accession 98-015 Box 2 Folder Room in the South Tower of the Smithsonian Institution Building, was created by third Secretary Samuel”
— The Bigger Picture, blog.photography.si.edu
“The Smithsonian Journeys travel blog includes traveler experiences from around the world, reflections and interviews from our study leaders, and great travel photos. The purpose of the blog is to educate people about the possibilities of travel”
— Journeys Blog,
“Beginning this week, we'll post a weekly roundup of the Smithsonian Institution's blogs and other online activities Digging around in the past: The Bigger Picture blog explores some of the letters and photographs sent to the Institution in the 19th century”
— Introducing: Smithsonian Blog Roundup -- Zipper History, Yves,
“Discussion. Webcast of Smithsonian 2.0 Forum. April 21, 2009 and ongoing discussions are welcome on the public Smithsonian 2.0 blog and wiki”
— Smithsonian 2.0 | Forum Webcast, smithsonian20.si.edu
related keywords for smithsonian
- smithsonian museums
- smithsonian folklife festival
- smithsonian hours
- smithsonian jobs
- smithsonian natural history
- smithsonian zoo
- smithsonian american art museum
- smithsonian air and space
- smithsonian castle
- smithsonian institution
- smithsonian museums hours
- smithsonian museums dc
- smithsonian museums map
- smithsonian museums imax
- smithsonian museums jobs
- smithsonian museums natural history
- smithsonian museums air and space
- smithsonian museums parking
- smithsonian museums american history
- smithsonian museums kids
similar for smithsonian
- smithsonian institution
- research centers
- affiliate museums
- the national zoo
- the smithsonian institution
- educational institution
- research organization
- united states
- lifelong memories
- smithsonian magazine
- today in history
- photo of the day
- email updates
- ted gup
- special offers
- anacostia museum and center for african american history and culture
- air and space museum
- the national mall
- american history museum
- history of science
- new york city
- national zoo
- arts and industries building
- smithsonian exhibitions
- arthur m sackler gallery
- virtual museum
- smithsonian museums
- board of regents
- free encyclopedia
- protection services
- smithsonian research
- james smithson
- federal government
- museum details
- national museum of the american indian
- national air and space museum
- smithsonian american art museum
- national museum of african art
- freer gallery of art
- hirshhorn museum and sculpture garden
- washington dc travel
- community museum
- national museum of american history
- national museum of natural history
- smithsonian institution building
- portrait gallery
- smithsonian museum
- museum store
- smithsonian catalog
- home furnishings
- american art
- american history
- american indian
- smithsonian national air and space museum
- the museum
- mall building
- rich history
- new book
- interactive timeline
- at noon
- related gifts