- Oil Shale: Oil Discoveries News - Natural Gas Discoveries Shale News - Oil Shale Natural Gas Shale News - Shale News - Shale Gas News Discoveries - Shale Companies - Haynesville Shale & Bakken Shale. — “Oil Shale - Natural Gas - Oil & Natural Gas Discovery News”,
- oil shale n. A black or dark brown shale containing hydrocarbons that yield petroleum by Thus, oil shale will probably not be exploited on a wide scale until other petroleum resources have been nearly depleted. — “oil shale: Definition from ”,
- Definition of shale in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of shale. Pronunciation of shale. Translations of shale. shale synonyms, shale antonyms. Information about shale in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. oil shale, burgess. — “shale - definition of shale by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Shale is one of the major types of sedimentary rocks. Shale may be hard to find except in roadcuts, unless a harder stone on top of it protects it from erosion. — “Sedimentary Rock Types - Shale Picture”,
- We are pleased to provide you with this timely report on potential oil and gas development in the Marcellus Shale We hope that this report will help address many questions about the Marcellus Shale. — “Shale Gas:”,
- Fine grained rock composed of lithified clay making the rock shale. Shales normally have a fine lamination structure. This image is looking at the side of the rock, and you will note no layering or laminations visible. — “Shale”, csmres.jmu.edu
- Haynesville Shale - Haynesville Shale Play - Haynesville Shale Natural Gas Formation - Haynesville Natural Gas Field - Haynesville, Louisiana - Texas - . — “Haynesville Shale - Haynesville Shale Natural Gas Play- LA”,
- The ratio of clay to other minerals is variable. Shale is characterized by breaks along thin laminae or parallel layering or bedding less than one centimeter in thickness, called fissility. Mudstones, on the other hand, are similar in composition but do not show the fissility. Contents. — “Shale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Bama Boasts New Shale Play. The new shale play most people have never To track these new shale plays, you have to look beyond the Barnett shale in the Fort Worth Basin and farther than the. — “Beyond Barnett :04:2007 EXPLORER”,
- Shale is a potential party companion who can be recruited from the town of Honnleath. Shale's character (and associated quests) have been the subject of much discussion; originally intended to be a joinable NPC in the shipped game, Shale was cut. — “Shale - Dragon Age Wiki”,
- Basic information on oil shale and oil shale extraction. Oil shale was formed millions of years ago by deposition of silt and organic debris on lake beds and sea bottoms. — “About Oil Shale”, ostseis.anl.gov
- Athens Shale and Lenoir Limestone undifferentiated - Athens Shale -- black graptolitic shale, locally contains interbedded dark-gray limestone. Lenoir Limestone -- dark-gray medium to thick-bedded argillaceous limestone; locally contains an. — “Geologic units containing shale”, tin.er.usgs.gov
- shale (rock), any of a group of fine-grained, laminated sedimentary rocks consisting of silt- and clay-sized particles. Shale is the most abundant of the sedimentary rocks, accounting for roughly 70 percent of this rock type in the crust of the. — “shale (rock) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- Includes a map of the Haynesville Shale in northwest Louisiana and East Texas. Shale is sometimes called mudstone but mudstone, typically, does not have the laminations that shale does. — “Haynesville Shale, Northwest Louisiana And East Texas”,
- has signed a purchase and sale agreement effecting the strategic divestiture of RAMs North Texas Barnett Shale and Boonsville properties to a private EampP company f. Range Resources Q3 tops; to sell Barnett shale property. Reuters Oct 27 Comment. — “Concept:Barnett Shale”,
- Shale Framework. Shale is a modern web application framework, fundamentally based on JavaServer Faces. Shale provides additional functionality such as application event callbacks, dialogs with conversation-scoped. — “Shale Framework”,
- Shale is the most abundant of all sedimentary rocks. It is composed primarily of soft clay minerals, but may include variable amounts of organic matter, calcareous material, and quartz grains. Shale may be any color, but is generally greenish gray to grayish black. — “Shale, Kentucky Geological Survey”, uky.edu
- Shale definition, a rock of fissile or laminated structure formed by the consolidation of clay or argillaceous material. See more. — “Shale | Define Shale at ”,
- A Powell Barnett Shale Newsletter database of the 8,158 horizontal wells with production was evaluated using the lateral length of each well. American Petro Hunter to drill horizontal well at north Oklahoma shale oil project American Petro Hunter, Inc. — “World Oil Onshore: Onshore, shale oil and gas news, data”,
- shale sedimentary rock formed by the consolidation of mud or clay, having the property of splitting into thin layers parallel to its bedding. — “shale Facts, information, pictures | ”,
- A Blog dedicated to news about the Marcellus Shale and other news about the oil and gas industry. — “Marcellus Shale: EUR”,
- Oil shale, an organic-rich fine-grained sedimentary rock, contains significant amounts of Heating oil shale to a sufficiently high temperature will drive off a vapor which processing can distill (retort) to yield a petroleum-like shale oil—a form of unconventional oil—and combustible oil-shale gas. — “Oil shale - Wikimedia”,
related videos for shale
- Haynesville Shale: Economic Impact Part two of our journey west to visit the Barnett Shale and see first hand what the boom offers: insight into Haynesville Shale economic potential. FORT WORTH, TX (KSLA) - The potentially prolific Haynesville Shale is already drawing comparisons to the Barnett Shale, which lies about 8000 feet below the surface of a 6000 square mile area that covers 20 counties in North Texas, including Tarrant, Johnson and Wise. It's not yet known exactly how much area the Haynesville Shale covers, but it's generally believed to stretch all they way from the northern part of Sabine Parish, through DeSoto, parts of Red River and Natchitoches, all of Caddo and Bossier, and part of southwest Webster Parish. It's early in the game here in the ArkLatex, but if the Haynesville hits natural gas gold, it'll be more than just a flash in the pan, if the Barnett Shale boom is any indication. "It's very large and it's had a huge impact on this economy," says Ed Ireland, Executive Director of the Barnett Shale Energy Education Council, a non-profit organization subsidized by the major players in the oil and gas industry. Ireland says drilling operations in the Barnett shale have already pumped billions of dollars into the local economy in just a few short years..with even bigger expectations for the future, "In the next decade we'll be well over 100000 jobs and well over $10 billion each year in stimulus to the economy." And it very well could be a glimpse of the future here in the ArkLaTex. "The ...
- 01-19-10 Marcellus Shale Part 1 of 2.mp4 Part 1 of the Marcellus Shale Gas Drilling Meeting held on Jan. 19, 2010 at the Delaware Community College. More than 200 people attended this contentious debate between representatives of the natural gas industry, who argued Pennsylvania does not need a severance tax and maintained their activities will not harm water supplies, and environmentalists who called for a moratorium on drilling in the state's Marcellus Shale region until studies are done. Speakers include Scott Blauvelt, General Manager for Environment, Health and Safety, East Resources; John Quigley, Acting Secretary, Department of Conservation and Natural Resources; Andy Loza, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Land Trust Association; John T. Hines, Deputy Secretary, Water Management, Department of Environmental Protection; William Muszynski, Branch Manager, Delaware River Basin Commission; Brady Russell, Eastern Pennsylvania Director, Clean Water Action; Stephen Rhoads, Director of External Affairs, East Resources; Sharon Ward, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center. Host: PA State Rep. Greg Vitali, 166th Legislative District, D-Delaware County. Web page: /vitali Producer/Cameraman/Editor: John F. Haines, Sr. Email: jhainessr@
- Dragon Age Origins: Shale I just thought this was hilarious...
- PSU Study on Impact of Marcellus Shale Drilling on Drinking Water Bryan Swistock, Penn State Water Quality Extension Specialist, discusses a Penn State study on the impact of Marcellus well drilling on nearby drinking water supplies.
- Shale & Sketch MY BLOG: fafinettex3 FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
- Haynesville Shale Landowners Association Presentation of the HSLA's offering and services to its' Membership. The HSLA helps people get the best price for their acreage by gathering acreage into a larger lease-friendly pool that is more beneficial to gas exploration companies looking to produce the Haynesville Shale Play in Northwest Louisiana. Want to sign up? Visit:
- Your World At 10: Why Shale Gas Beckons Reliance Why is Reliance Industries going big on buying shale gas assets in the United States? Bill Holland of Platts says RIL could be interested in acquiring the technology for potential domestic finds
- Haynesville Shale: Web Warning Cashing in on Lease Carolyn Roy Property owners are practically panicking in response to all the talk of mineral lease bonuses and the prospect of being passed over. It's all part of the dynamic of this larger-than-life play...as oil companies jockey for the power-position in a game where acreage is gold, and business-minded individuals see an opportunity. If information is power, expertise is priceless - and right now, both are in demand. A number of "consultants" have emerged, offering advice on mineral leasing. Some have professional experience, but not all, and not all of them represent landowners exclusively. City councilman Mike Long is a landman himself, and knows the "play" is indeed a lot like a game, only with higher stakes. "It's a big monopoly game in oil and gas, so this is how it typically works and everybody rushes in to grab up as much acreage as they can and then all the back room wrangling and deal-making and trading starts to occur." Now, a number of online players are competing for a piece of the action, looking to cash in on the confusion by offering professional help in negotiating leases, by promising better terms and higher payouts. "Of course, you know, we have a profit motive," says Tim Goedders, says Shreveport entrepreneur and co-founder of . "If we don't reach a negotiated threshold for them, they owe us a dollar a mineral acre." Goedders teamed up with Shreveport attorney John Settle in the venture, and says ...
- Hydraulic Fracture - Barnett Shale Gas Well This video shows the emissions during hydraulic fracture of a Barnett Shale gas well. North Texas air quality is some of the worst in the nation. Pipes carry the approx. 5 million gallons of fresh water used to frack each gas well. The water is mixed with chemicals and sand then injected under pressure down the drilling hole. See The Endocrine Disruption Exchange for chemical list. This fractures the shale and releases the gas Hydraulic fracturing fluid was exempt from the Safe Drinking Water Act in 2005 at the urging of Dick Cheney. Halliburton is the main hydraulic fracturing company. There are number of ways in which hydraulic fracturing threatens our drinking water including surface spills, blowouts, poor cementing jobs, and communication to water zones. Hydraulic fracturing chemicals contain biocides, pesticides, acids, scale inhibitors, friction reducers, surfactants and others. See The Endocrine Disruption Exchange for list of chemicals. Industry spokespeople claim that 0.5% of frack fluid is comprised of chemical agents but Earthworks' research shows that companies can use as much as 40 tons of chemicals for every million gallons of water they use for fracking. The FRAC Act will enable the EPA to regulate hydraulic fracturing under the Safe Drinking Water Act. Please contact your representatives and ask them to support the FRAC Act Natural gas production causes more smog forming pollution than all the vehicles in the DFW area per peer ...
- National Oil Shale Association Video Educational Video for the National Oil Shale Association examining the benefits of America's oil shale development. Energy is the life blood of our society and America needs to consider all forms of alternative energy, including wind, solar, hydroelectric, biofuels, as well as oil shale. Executive Producer Glenn Vawter, Producer Dave Lindsay, Production Facility Avalanche Studios in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Team 4: 'Gasland' Critical Of Marcellus Shale Gas Drilling A documentary called "Gasland" on HBO is a critical look at the natural gas drilling boom that's happening across the country, including western Pennsylvania.
- Dragon Age Origins: Sten and Shale - falling in love I was shocked to discover how much does Shale adore Sten! You'll have to watch this video from the beginning to the end to understand what I mean. PS People keep asking me about Alistair's armor. Here's the link to the article about how to get it and stuff:
- Haynesville Shale: Chesapeake Rig Tour NATURAL GAS IS MONEY IN THE GROUND TO A GAS COMPANY. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF GETTING TO IT...AND THANKS TO EVER-IMPROVING DRILLING TECHNOLOGY, THEY'RE GETTING TO IT FASTER AND MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN EVER. KSLA NEWS 12'S CAROLYN ROY TAKES US ON A TOUR OF A DRILLING RIG IN ACTION. THE NATURAL GAS TRAPPED DEEP BENEATH THE ARKLATEX IS ABOUT TO TRANSFORM THE LANDSCAPE UP HERE ON THE SURFACE, LITERALLY...THANKS TO RIGS LIKE THESE. "Some of it's supports, a lot of it's lifting". THESE TOWERS OF STEEL, CABLE AND MACHINERY ARE CRITICAL TO THE PROCESS OF PULLING THE PRECIOUS MINERAL FROM AN ANCIENT SHALE FORMATION NEARLY A MILE AND A HALF UNDERGROUND. BORN 300-MILLION YEARS AGO WHEN MOST OF TEXAS AND LOUISIANA WERE COVERED BY A SHALLOW OCEAN. IRELAND the ocean eventually dried up and there were continent shifts over geologic time that eventually covered up what was the bottom of the ocean and is now the shale. SMALL ORGANISMS EMBEDDED IN THE MUD WERE TRAPPED...AND THE MUD HARDENED INTO A TIGHTLY-PACKED LAYER OF ROCK. UNDER HEAT AND PRESSURE.THAT ORGANIC MATERIAL BROKE DOWN INTO METHANE.WHAT WE KNOW AS NATURAL GAS. GEOLOGISTS AND GAS COMPANIES HAVE LONG KNOWN THAT GAS IS TRAPPED IN THE SHALE -- IT'S ONLY RECENTLY THAT TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO GET TO IT. "the technology of everything involved is advanced, making , you know, they could have done this 20 yrs ago, but what we're doing now on an avg of 21 days may have taken them 60 or 70 days". AND HIGHER GAS PRICES HAVE ...
- US Shale Gas (January 20, 2010) John Curtis, Professor of Geochemistry and Director of the Potential Gas Agency at the Colorado School of Mines, discusses a broad range of perspectives on the state of US shale gas reserves and resources along with the industries and technologies that are involved in extracting and bringing these energy resources to market. Stanford University www.stanford.edu Potential Gas Agency http Stanford Energy Seminar energyseminar.stanford.edu Stanford University Channel on YouTube http
- Barnett Shale: An Aerial View See the true cost of gas! Natural gas is just another dirty fossil fuel. for more info see: A [Barnett Shale] drilling rig operating for 3 months has the same impact as a city of 4000 people—water use, solid waste generation, air emissions and traffic. ~David Burnett, Dir. Global Petroleum Research Institute
- Haynesville Shale: Waiting to Sign Lessons from Fort Worth As the potential boom of the Haynesville shale approaches, my reporter and I headed west to get first hand accounts from those affected by the Barnett Shale in FORT WORTH Texas. reporting from SHREVEPORT Louisiana KSLA - The ArkLaTex is on the brink of a new era of prosperity with increased drilling in the Haynesville Shale, bringing with it economic opportunity and a whole new set of potential problems. We need only look to North Texas to see what the future might hold for ArkLaTex landowners- thanks to the race for the rights to recover a precious mineral trapped some two miles beneath our feet. Just a few years ago, communities like those in Fort Worth City Councilman Salvador Espino's district were been right where the ArkLaTex stands now, facing a frenzy of offers from oil & gas companies to lease mineral rights. "I think you saw more landmen coming into the denser areas of the city where are a lot of people and when people started receiving offers to lease up their property it raised concerns," Espino says. Those neighborhoods turned out to be some of the earliest to learn the mineral lease lessons the hard way, as drilling companies ran out of rural lands to prospect and began a push into urban areas. "I think some people signed on too early and received a lower lease bonus and royalty than others." The Wedgewood Neighborhood in Southwest Fort Worth is one of the last holdouts in that final urban frontier. Currently locked in negotiations ...
- Haynesville Shale: Contaminated Water DeBerry Texas FOR SEVERAL YEARS, FRANK ROBERSON AND HIS FAMILY LIVED WITH TAP WATER THEY COULDN'T BE SURE WAS SAFE. "well they say ur not supposed to shower with it - you're not supposed to use it for any reason but you have no other choice you have to take a shower". THEY DEFINITELY DIDN'T TAKE ANY CHANCES *DRINKING THE STUFF.. FRANK ROBERSON: well the taste started getting bad, and also the smell. AND ROBERSON WASN'T THE ONLY ONE... HUDSON: smelled funny, it had a foul odor to it, and the coloration wasn't - it didn't look like water. IN FACT, THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY *DID FIND CONTAMINATION, BUT ONLY *AFTER DAVID HUDSON HAD THE GROUNDWATER TESTED BY A PRIVATE LAB -- PROMPTING STATE REGULATORS TO CONDUCT SOME TESTS OF THEIR OWN....FINDING PETROLEUM HYDROCARBONS. BARIUM, LEAD, ARSENIC, CADMIUM, MERCURY, FECAL CHOLIFORM AND E COLI AMONG OTHER THINGS. THAT CONTAMINATION WAS TRACED TO *THIS DRILLING WASTE DISPOSAL WELL SITE...OPERATED MOST RECENTLY BY BASIC ENERGY. IT WAS SHUT DOWN IN 2005. " You can see here that a lot of the oil contaminants (talks more about berm, push in to laptop, talks about TCS BTEX, oil & gas related contaminants still in the ground, causes hi bp, kidney problems, breathing problems". STATE INSPECTION PHOTOS FROM 2004 SHOW THE SITE STREWN WITH JUNK, OILY SLUDGE AND DEGRADED TANKS. IN 2000, THE RAILROAD COMMISSION FINED A LOUISIANA COMPANY 27-THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR ILLEGALLY DUMPING CHEMICAL WASTE DOWN THE WELL. AFTER THAT, STATE ...
- Oil shale in Rifle Colorado CBS News came out to Rifle CO to see if oil shale is a reality. PS -- maybe in 20 years.....
- Expedition Shale Highlights of technologies available from BJ Services Company to maximize resource recovery from shale oil & gas reservoirs. Video was created for and shown at the 2009 SPE Annual Technical Conference in New Orleans.
- SHALE APPLE - Kimi no Koe
- Dragon Age Origins Part 61 Golem (Shale) Final 720p Dragon Age: Origins Publisher: Electronic Arts Developer: BioWare Minimum System Requirements OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1 Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 1.4 GHz/AMD Athlon64 X2 @ 1.8 GHz Memory: 1 GB Hard Drive: 20 GB Free Video Memory: 128 MB (nVidia GeForce 6600/ATI Radeon X850) Sound Card: DirectX Compatible DirectX: 9.0c Keyboard & Mouse DVD Rom Drive Recommended System Requirements OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1 Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz)/AMD Phenom II X3 720 (2.8 GHz) Memory: 2 GB Hard Drive: 20 GB Free Video Memory: 512 MB (nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS/ATI Radeon HD 3850) Sound Card: DirectX Compatible DirectX: 10 Keyboard & Mouse DVD Rom Drive
- speed Emerald Triangle Burgess Shale part 2
- Oil Shale Video Video
- Barnett Shale Natural Gas Drilling A short video looking aa multi-well natural gas drilling site in the Barnett Shale Region of Texas
- Marcellus Shale: Can Frac Fluid Migrate Into Drinking Water? Penn State University Geologist Dr. Terry Engelder discusses frac fluids and talks about the possibility of fluids migrating from the Marcellus shale into fresh water aquifers.
- Chesapeake Energy Flares Barnett Shale Gas Well in Trinity Trail Chesapeake Energy breaks another promise. In meetings with Fort Worth, Texas residents, Chesapeake promised Fort they wouldn't flare the Barnett Shale gas wells in the Trinity Trees area.
- Haynesville Shale: Hydraulic Fracturing Job PAUL BISON AGREED BACK IN MARCH TO LET CHESAPEAKE DRILL A WELL ON HIS 80 ACRES IN KEITHVILLE. "Nobody in the section, in the neighborhood is gonna ever benefit unless somebody lets 'em drill and when we leased three years ago, we knew what it was for, we took the money and now it's time for somebody to step up to the plate and help em let it happen." FIVE MONTHS LATER, THE BISON 31 H1 WELL WAS IN THE FINAL STAGES OF COMPLETION...HYDRAULIC FRACTURING. WATER AND SAND ARE FORCED DOWN THE WELLBORE AND INTO THE SHALE -- OPENING FRACTURES IN THE ROCK, CREATING A PATH FOR THE TRAPPED GAS TO ESCAPE. It takes anywhere from two to three million gallons of water to complete a well like this -- and 2/3rds of it is used in the fracing alone. That's a lot of water. So in this case, Chesapeake asked landowner Paul Bison if they could buy surface water from his pond. BISON " I mean they proposed early on to use the pond water as opposed to drilling wells and pulling out of the water table with was a good thing for everybody, so I was all for that." STILL, THEY DID HAVE TO DRILL FOUR SUPPLY WELLS. "I mean it saved them from having to drill seven wells. // I'd much rather they use the water that was free than to pump it out of the ground, too, so it was a no-brainer. BUT THE BISON 31 H1 IS JUST ONE WELL...AND SOME SAY ALL THE RECENT DRILLING IS PUSHING THE CARRIZO-WILCOX AQUIFER IT TO IT'S LIMITS. BEN McGEE/US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY: "You're going to see some detrimental effects locally and ...
- US Shale Technology a Valuable Asset Overseas Pt. 2 It is expected that shale gas will become a major oil and gas resource within the next decade. As a result, businesses around the world are racing to develop technology that the US already has, to fully develop their own shale deposits.
- O&K RH90 loading cat 777's with shale the terex O&K RH90-c bench loading two caterpillar 777's with shale just above a coal seam
- Shale's Snow Sundae - Raw Kids' Treat Shale's Snow Sundae - a Raw Vegan (or Raw Beegan) kids' treat! Shale, age 8, describes how to make a yummy snow sundae with snow, pomegranate seeds, bananas, and honey....
- Cstskills Shale Road to HUGE Bluestone Quarry bundangbear and friend ride the shale road to the Great Bluestone Quarry in the Catskill Mountains. #32 -Most Discussed (Today) - Travel & Events #99 - Most Viewed (Today) - Travel & Events #25 - Most Viewed (Today) - Travel & Events - South Korea 12/13 #33 - Most Discussed (Today) - Travel & Events #85 - Most Viewed (Today) - Travel & Events - Ireland #25 - Most Viewed (Today) - Travel & Events - South Korea #40 - Top Favorited (Today) - Travel & Events #29 - Top Rated (Today) - Travel & Events 12/12 #34 - Most Discussed (Today) - Travel & Events #35 - Top Favorited (Today) - Travel & Events #37 - Top Rated (Today) - Travel & Events
- Burgess Shale Interpretive Hike Promotional Video The Burgess Shale is one of the worlds most significant fossil locations. Contained in Yoho National Park, these 500 million year-old fossils provide insight into life in the sea at that time and into the very nature of evolution. Parks Canada interpreters lead day-long guided interpretive hikes to the two fossil locations in Yoho. Participants are introduced to the natural and cultural history of the area and will experience awe-inspiring views of aa variety of stunning mountain landscapes. This video provides a snapshot of a hike to the fossil site called Walcott Quarry, showing participants starting their day, learning along the way, taking in magnificent scenery and exciting wildlife sightings and arriving at the most important fossil location in the world. Watch as visitors make their own discoveries as they pick up and examine these half a billion-year old creatures.
- A Look at Drilling in the Marcellus Shale Watch as an explanation is provided about the drilling process in the Marcellus Shale region.
- Haynesville Shale: Wide Load Challenges By Carolyn Roy SPRINGRIDGE, LA (KSLA) - The Bossier Parish Police Jury wants to crack down on oversized and overweight loads on parish roadways, concerned about safety and crumbling roads. Now Caddo Parish considering doing the same, as the "heavy traffic" begins to pick up right along with drilling in the Haynesville Shale. "We've noticed more loads coming through but it's not always local pilot cars that get those loads," says Karen Fory, part of the husband and wife team that operates Frog Truck Escort, LLC. "We haul everything from bulldozers to windmill towers to compressors and derricks and oil rigs, swimming pools," says Fred Fory, "anything that's over 12 feet wide or over 15'6" high." The Forys see the road as an obstacle course the mammoth loads they help to move, "We have to keep them guys away from mailboxes, we have to try to zigzag them through the limbs and lines," explains Fory. On top of that, they're keeping an eye on traffic in all directions, using flashing yellow lights and flags and waving with their signature neon green gloves to get the attention of oncoming drivers and let them know what's ahead. On Thursday, the Forys escorted a Nomac drilling rig, over 16' high and 80' long 40 miles from one drill site in Hunter, Louisiana to another Chesapeake site in Springridge. It's the kind of job the Forys are expecting to see more of as drilling activity continues to ramp up in the Haynesville Shale. The couple started their own pilot truck business a few ...
- Shale Oil as an Energy Solution - 20080807 - Fox News The fine-grained sedimentary rock known as oil shale contains significant amounts of kerogen (a solid mixture of organic chemical compounds), from which technology can extract liquid hydrocarbons. (Geologists may regard the name oil shale as a misnomer, since the rock does not necessarily consist of a shale and its kerogen differs from crude oil; it requires more processing than crude oil, which affects its economic viability as a crude-oil substitute and increases its environmental impact.) Deposits of oil shale are located around the world, including major deposits in the United States of America. Global deposits are estimated as equivalent to 2.8 trillion to 3.3 trillion barrels (450×109 to 520×109 m3) of recoverable oil. The chemical process of pyrolysis can convert the kerogen in oil shale into synthetic crude oil. Heating oil shale to a sufficiently high temperature will drive off a vapor which processing can distill (retort) to yield a petroleum-like shale oil—a form of non-conventional oil—and combustible shale gas (the term shale gas can also refer to gas occurring naturally in shales). Industry can also burn oil shale directly as a low-grade fuel for power generation and heating purposes and can use it as a raw material in chemical and construction-materials processing. Oil shale has gained attention as an energy resource as the price of conventional sources of petroleum has risen and as a way for some areas to secure independence from ...
- Feather & Fan aka Old Shale This video has been updated to include written instructions for the stitch pattern. How to knit the feather and fan stitch. Sometimes referred to as old shale. Skills required to do this stitch: knit, purl, k2tog (knit two together) and yo (yarn over). This video assumes you are already familiar with these stitches, so I don't spend a alot of time showing each specific stitch.
- Barnett Shale Land Farm Drilling companies are spreading toxic waste on farmland
- Marcellus Shale 101 Segments of a 2-hour-long public information session conducted on Jan. 7, 2010, by Tom Murphy of the Lycoming County Penn State Cooperative Extension office. Murphy spoke about the Marcellus shale formation, how energy companies are working to extract natural gas from the shale, and how the gas boom affects landowners. The talk was given in the Keyser High School auditorium, located in Keyser, Mineral County, West Virginia. Video by Megan Miller of the Cumberland Times-News, www.times-.
- Barnett Shale Producing Well Natural Gas - All Clear Energy Producing Barnett Shale Natural Gas Well in Texas Oil & Gas Investment & Investing All Clear Energy
- Shale vs. The Chicken Shale is my new best friend.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about shale
“All people, companies & places related to the Marcellus Shale & natural gas production in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio & West Virginia”
— Discussion Forum - Go Marcellus Shale,
“A Slog Of A Barnett Shale Blog. I got an amusing comment today to a blogging titled "Barnett Shale Ruining Lives in Texas". I as a warning for those of us who live in the Barnett Shale? 1971?”
— Durango Texas: A Slog Of A Barnett Shale Blog,
“Go Haynesville Shale is a Ning Network Haynesville Shale Blog Posts. Haynesville Shale & GHS Members Highlighted: "SHALEIONAIRES" on 60 Minutes this Sunday Evening. Posted by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher) on November 11, 2010 at 1:29pm. Haynesville Shale Docu-Series: Participants Needed”
— Discussion Forum - Go Haynesville Shale,
“Shale forum draws sharp exchange on severance tax. by laura legere (staff writer) spoke at the forum before traveling to the site of a Marcellus Shale well accident in”
— Shale forum draws sharp exchange on severance tax - News, thetimes-
“Newspaper, Breaking news, REPUBLICAN, Herald, REPUBLICAN & Herald, Pottsville REPUBLICAN, Shenandoah Herald, , World, Politics, Local, Pottsville, Schuylkill, Schuylkill County”
— Shale forum draws sharp exchange on severance tax - News,
“News and opinions on key issues surrounding Marcellus Shale and natural gas drilling”
— Marcellus Shale and Gas Drilling Blog, marcellus-shale.us
“Jason Farmer / TIMES-SHAMROCK U.S. Sen. Bob Casey talks to the press after speaking at the Marcellus Shale forum at Marywood University on Thursday. Casey referred to past incidents involving gas extraction and said, 'â¦ We must not fail to protect our water, our people and our future”
— Shale forum draws sharp exchange on severance tax - News,
“Drilling deep for answers about the natural gas boom in North Texas You can post your question in any of our blog posts, or email or phone us directly. This fall, we also plan to launch a broader Barnett Shale web page that, among other things, will include an area map and terms of lease offers”
— Barnett Shale: About This Blog,
similar for shale
- black shales
- clay minerals
- sedimentary rocks
- black shale
- free encyclopedia
- economic geology
- bedding plane
- silt particles
- oil shale
- shale oil
- estonian academy publishers
- crude oil
- the columbia encyclopedia
- market ***ysis
- michael allaby
- a dictionary of earth sciences
- sixth edition
- a dictionary of ecology
- sedimentary rock
- shale smear
- newspaper article
- shale framework
- apache shale
- apache commons
- javaserver faces
- dialog manager
- project documentation
- test framework
- shale rock
- shale rocks
- english dictionary
- science dictionary
- natural gas
- discovery news
- gas news
- oil discoveries
- gas discoveries
- natural gas field
- oil field
- natural gas discovery
- oil shale deposits
- gas discovery
- eagle ford
- oil and gas
- online dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- burgess shale
- free online dictionary