- Themes: child abuse - documentary - fear - horror film - metafilm - psychological horror - psycho***ysis - serial killer - slasher film - scopophilia - visual - voyeurism. Director: Michael Powell. Critics and defenders: Laura Mulvey - Martin Scorsese ". — “Peeping Tom (1960) - Michael Powell”,
- Welcome to Bad at Sports a leading Art news and 60 min audio interview show that has new episodes weekly and news posted daily. Focuses on the International contemporary fine art business, education & overall industry. "Just what the hell does radical scopophilia' mean anyway?. — “Jeff Koons Has a Bad Case of Radical Scopophilia' : Bad at Sports”,
- scopophilia ( ′&suml;käpə′filēə ) ( psychology ) ***ual stimulation from looking at the unclad human figure; observed chiefly in normal adolescent and. — “scopophilia: Definition from ”,
- Originally, in his Three Essays on ***uality, Freud isolated scopophilia as one of the component instincts of ***uality which exist as drives quite independently of the erotogenic zones. In this ***ysis scopophilia is essentially active. ( Later, in Instincts and their. — “Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema”,
- Scopophilia or scoptophilia, from Greek "love of looking", is deriving pleasure from looking. As an expression of ***uality, it refers to ***ual pleasure derived from looking at *** objects: *** photographs, ***ography, *** bodies, etc. — “Scopophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Scopophilia definition, the obtaining of ***ual pleasure by looking at *** bodies, *** photographs, etc. See more. — “Scopophilia | Define Scopophilia at ”,
- See also scopophilia. The term is influenced by both Freudian and Scopophilia: Literally, the love of looking. The term refers to the predominantly male gaze of Holloywood cinema, which enjoys objectfying women into mere objects to be looked at (rather than subjects with their own voice and. — “Narratology Terms”, cla.purdue.edu
- Scopophilia literally means "a love of watching." Sigmund Freud distinguished between two forms: the active form of watching known as "voyeurism" and the more passive form of "exhibitionism. — “Take a good look: The troubles and origins of our societal”, psycho***
- scopophilia (uncountable) (***uality, psychology) A ***ual dependency on openly observing Retrieved from "http:///wiki/scopophilia" Categories: Ancient Greek derivations | English. — “scopophilia - Wiktionary”,
- scopophilia definition from the mondofacto online medical dictionary. — “scopophilia - Definition”,
- Voyeurism, scopophilia and other visual pleasures. In the Lacanian account of the origins of our sense of self a critical event occurs during infancy. During this "mirror phase" infants grasp the fact that there is a world, and others, beyond them. — “PT Essay - Looking: Voyeurism, scopophilia and other visual”, powell-
- Amer is less a neo-giallo than the distilled essence of gialli, a ***tail of violent *** and ***y violence, beautiful bodies and grotesquely deformed minds, perverse crimes and criminal perversion, black leather gloves and straight razors, eyes and throats, scopophilia and exhibitionism. — “Film Review: Amer”,
- The term scoptophilia, subsequently replaced by scopophilia, took its place in Anglophone psycho***ytic literature as a translation of the Freudian notion of Schaulust, "pleasure in looking," in the sense of both seeing and being seen, as well as "curiosity. — “Scoptophilia/Scopophilia: International Dictionary of”,
- Scopophilia is a Freudian term that means the love of gazing, or pleasure in seeing. I have often traced much of my own love for the Scope frame — my scopophilia, as it were — back to the fact that I was fortunate enough to have. — “ " Blog Archive " Scopophilia”,
- Definition of scopophilia in the Medical Dictionary. scopophilia explanation. Information about scopophilia in Free online English dictionary. What is scopophilia? Meaning of scopophilia medical term. What does scopophilia mean?. — “scopophilia - definition of scopophilia in the Medical”, medical-
- Tattooed goth pinup girls. girls, tattoos, scopophiliac, geek. — “scopophiliac Geek”,
- The term scoptophilia, subsequently replaced by scopophilia, took its place in Anglophone psycho***ytic literature as a translation of the Freudian notion of Schaulust, "pleasure in looking," in the sense of both seeing and being seen, as well as "curiosity. — “Scopophilia - No Subject - Encyclopedia of Lacanian”,
- In Freudian ***ysis, scopophilia is associated with the *** stage of development. Recently, the proliferation of internet webcams has created a new cultural arena of scopophilia. — “451”, faculty.cua.edu
- Learn about from this business profile provided by Network Solutions. — “Business profile for provided by Network”,
- Scopophiliac. A reference of the best films by year as seen by Charlie Hoehnen. 8/8, MASTERPIECE: Perfect in form and content, or has a profound personal effect. — “Scopophiliac”,
- Translations of scopophilia. scopophilia synonyms, scopophilia antonyms. Information about scopophilia in the free online English Mathews's considerations of the theology of lynching, on the one hand, and David Marriott' s ***ysis of "racial scopophilia," on the other?. — “scopophilia - definition of scopophilia by the Free Online”,
related images for scopophiliac
related videos for scopophiliac
- The Murder of Kitty Genovese We made this video for a class assignment in our Women in Film class. It is a study of the responses to feminist film criticism and theory. The murder is both an example of the opression of women and a metaphor for their struggle to be heard. Kitty is denied agency and wronged by a man. She cries out (feminist cries) and is heard first by the women of the sleeping households. They alert the men who all have different negative reactions: apathy, suspicion and indiference, and a belief that it is "not our problem." The women are denied looking privaleges. That is reserved for the men. Scopophilia and "The Male Gaze" are seen throughout the film. The man's interest in the clip from Psycho is a metaphor for our sick interests in the opression of women.
- CATHERINE - ***X MAGAZINE ISSUE 3 CATHERINE (1:32) Created by Romy Northover Special Thanks to Maxim Northover - SYNOPSIS Catherine (1:32) was created by Romy Northover. The film was made using footage from YouTube to emphasize society's fixation of other people's lives on the Internet. The footage is reduced and removed from its original, like a worn out and re-played video tape of an obsessive scopophiliac. We are introduced to "Catherine" as she reveals intimate details to the fixated viewer, yet left wanting to know more.
- Hallmark Star Trek Birthday Card 01 From - Spocks voice inside the sound Star Trek card.
- Neighborhood Watch Web Series Trailer (Re-Mix) This is an unofficial re-mix of the "Neighborhood Watch @TheHollywood Web Series Trailer" : Visit the official site for the show at:
- The Gaze Yulia, Sashi, Farzin, Christine, & Arley present: The Gaze. Using "Scopophilia", "Panopticism", & "Binary Opposition", the video covers all aspects of the three types of Gazes: The Male Gaze, The Female Gaze, & The Scrutinizing Gaze.
- Beyond the Gaze Scopophilia is a little-known, but increasingly common disorder characterized by an abnormal fondness or love for observation or viewing. For the first time, four individuals talk about how it has affected their lives and what is being done to find a cure. BEYOND THE GAZE was produced in 2003 by Bryan Atkinson (director) and Michael Thede (writer), then film students at the University of Western Ontario. It first screened at the university's student film festival, where it won the prize for Best Overall Impression. Subsequently, it was screened at both the Canadian Film Festival and Aspirations Film Festival that same year.
- Brave ♥.wmv Linn med sin ponny ^^
- Lookbook - Over and Over Official music video for Lookbook's song "Over and Over" Directed by Bo Hakala Art Director and Special Effects Technician -Sarah Jean Kruchowski Additional help from Ben Krueger and Mike Gunnerson. Special Thanks to Aaron Landry, Todd Cobery, Andy Awes and Tasty Lighting. Lookbook is Grant Cutler and Maggie Morrison Their new album Wild At Heart comes out Saturday October 3rd 2009
- Some Meat Don't look at it
- The Yummy Fur - Amelia Scoptophilia / Car Park Both tracks originally from the 1995 7" EP 'Plastic Ghoul Show', released by Guided Missile Records.
- Saving the Future Transformations happen in secret. RELLA - MASHUP - COLLAGE
- Scopophilia Starring Katherine Laurent & Benjamin Hjelm This is a cautionary tale of a young actress who uses her ***uality as a means to an end. The line between reality and acting blur, as Lucy soon finds herself the subject of a photographer who's become dangerously obsessed. In an underworld where *** is a commodity, the only question is; What's the price? Directed by Jean de Oliveiria & Andrei D. Gomes da Costa DV Running Time 05:36 © 2009
- SUBALTERN VOYEUR #2--E. SAN JUAN, Jr. Continuing the exploration of the "untutored eye" and scopophilia, this second installment of SV uses a montage of light/images, movement and sound to visualize the contradictions of religious ideology underlying the neocolonial sociopolitical order. For videopoetics, see William C. Wees' LIGHT MOVING IN TIME. The next installment will be a deconstruction of signs referencing the fascist barbarism of the status quo.
- Scopophilia Horror Trailer made BY Dominic Grant, Anabelle Price , Danielle McCarthy and Caitlin Hayes
- SUBALTERN VOYEUR No. 3 This is the third installment of the "untutored eye" (Brakhage) exploring scopophilia, colonial abjecthood, alienation and resistance in the Americanized flora/fauna of the Philippine landscape, giving "a local habitation" to the crisis of globalized commodity-***ism and finance capital.
- Natasha's baby shower The mom-to-be practices feeding with a brave volunteer!
- Doomtree Blowout Web Promo Doomtree Blowout2! December 2nd 2006, Minneapolis, MN. Be there!
- Comm 2340 Video #1 Desire & Looking: Scopophilia ...and PETA.
- Linn Ingvarsson
- Twitter Celebrity Marriage Scopophilia Dissecting the engagement of Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman with my usual knife-edge acumen and brittle insight
- Neil Leyton 2006 Neil Leyton is a talented artist and a music activist. Watch this to get a brief insight into the inner workings of this interesting individual. I directed, shot and edited this video through my company Scopophilia and with the help of Lieah Christine. Kelly xx
- Lay Back, Enjoy the Parallax View (Bleep Dub Feminist Remix)! staring is rude, fantasizing is crude. Dedicated to little, ***ty dicks & their blue balls regardless of their lame ass hack tactics! PIECE OUT, MOFOs! "We want to be free to do what we want to do.... We're going to have an orgasm that you can't even comprehend!" BENJAMIN IOBST - 7 Metals
- Teddy Bear Vlogs: Scopophilia and the Vlog Teddy talks about scopophilia and how it is one reason why people vlog and watch vlogs. I created this video for my pop culture and communication class at the U of O. For complete referencing check out my blog: www.michellelynn09 Michael Wesch's Anthropological Introduction to YouTube: Numa Numa:
- Fictively ***ed Final short film for my Production class. Originally called "Royally ***ed", about a scopophiliac but due to cast changes I altered it to be about a 22 year old spoiled college drop out who is perplexed by the real world.
- Linn Ingvarsson rider Brave Heart. sjukt snygga :D
- Digitata - Spring Fever Digitata Music Video from 2005 Directed by Zia Sunseri and Myself.
- Scopophilia sadistic scopophilic projection
- Neil Leyton - Automatically Neil Leyton performs his song "Automatically" off his album "The Betrayal Of The Self." Shot and Edited by Kelly Wray
- "Voices" A film for my AS Film Studies course (I'm in England peeps!) and I chose scopophilia as my main subject. I got inspiration from 'Halloween' and this isn't my music used and I have to right to it but i do have right to the footage... as i filmed it. So yeah... enjoy it. Enigmatic opening to film, genre, psychological thriller / horror
- SUBALTERN VOYEUR #1 An experiment in exploring the problematique of "scopophilia" and the potential of what Brakhage calls "the untutored eye." See also Rosalind Krauss's THE OPTICAL UNCONSCIOUS (1998).
- Scopophilia Bachelor of Design Computing final project by Lilian Roby
- Christopher Sorrenti Demo Reel, editing, motion graphics: "Something Wicked This Way Come" This is my editing and motion graphics demo reel for 2010. I call it: "Something Wicked This Way Come", it's true scopophilia (the lust to look) at it's finest! various films and videos I have worked on throughout my career and has sort of a dark undertone. The films presented in this demo are in chronological order in which they were actually produced by Claire Burch RIP of Art and Education Media, they are: People's Park Then and Now, Behind The Bandbox, History of The Tele Times, 8 1/4, The James Baldwin Anthology and The California Chronicles of Medical Marijuana. There are snippets in this demo from three films which I directed, edited and was DP on; Out From The Shadows, Reflections of Truth and Last Breath.
- Scopophilia multichannel as the gaze
- NAN GOLDIN AT MoMA.
- Down the Rabbit Hole A film based on scopophilia. Was made for a uni project. The idea of a women leading this man into his own wonderland. Like a white rabbit the women lead him down the rabbit hole, by the way they dress etc and therefore he is exempt from blame. The film explores the different techniques the women use to lure him, & the use of dolls exaggerate women as an object. It's not the things you do, it's the way you're watched. Watch the way he does
- Brave heart Brave heart :)
- THE SHAMAN'S CARELESS WHISPERS--E. San Juan, Jr. Film by E. San Juan, Jr. Copyright 2010 E. San Juan, Jr.
- mirror helmet 3000 Are you a scopophiliac at heart? Are you in fear of surveillance's oppressive gaze? Well then the Mirror Helmet 3000 is the solution for you! Kiss those *** ***ers of Surveillance goodbye!!! language NSFW. directed by Christin Turner Narrated by Smith Darby Starring: Smith Darby Michael Griffith Christin Turner
- Scopophilia Movie Trailer What happens when an innocent fascination become a dangerous obsession.... MOS Narrative Assignment: Requirements Include: Someone putting on a sock, sharpening a pencil, taking off a ring, a cd playing, woman on computer, man cleaning something, getting something out of refrigerator. No dialogue. Thanks to: Ariel, Ryan, and Johnathan for being my stalker(s) and fellow directors.
- super8 Cocorosie - Terrible Angels Since the early 1970's feminist critics and theorists have debated and ***yzed the idea of filmic spectatorship. Most of these feminist writings are rooted in Freud's psycho***ytic theories and revolve around the idea of scopophilia, or pleasure in looking. Some argue that it is impossible for a female viewer to be a true spectator of film due to the patriarchal nature of the industry that constantly projects women on the screen as passive objects that merely receive the gaze of the male characters, viewers and camera, without ever returning the gaze (Mulvey, 1975). Other theorists argue that a woman can receive scopophilic pleasure from film viewing, but only by employing a form of transgendered spectatorship (Mulvey, 1981; Kaplan, 1983). This paper addresses the major theoretical perspectives of gendered film spectatorship, applying them to the 1999 film Being John Malkovich. It is argued that through its portrayal of issues of gender identity this film not only encourages female spectatorial pleasure, but that it also effectively illustrates some of the issues of feminist film theory that have been debated for decades. Produced by Amanda Jacobsen Minolta XL-601 Super8 Terrible Angels by Cocorosie
- Breathe Me In Song: Breathe Me by Sia Videos used from various media sources Representation and roles women play in film and media. Through these roles (victim, ***ualized female, temptress, etc.) lies the exploitation of females through their characters, body (ie costume), scopophilia, and more.
twitter about scopophiliac
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about scopophiliac
“The double-role has been a favorite for movie audiences for a long time. Actors as different as Lon Chaney and Ronald Colman have indulged in”
— RvB's After Images: Raising Cain (1992) - The Moviefone Blog,
“A film blog under the influence. Monday, November 07, 2005. Picked Flick #80: Blow-Up. A tempting but terrible habit for film critics is to pronounce with presumed the licentious verve of the fashion photo-shoots, the ***ual exhibitionism and its surrounding cocoon of scopophiliac looking”
— Nick's Flick Picks: The Blog: Picked Flick #80: Blow-Up,
“Thanks for your continued participation in this blog. My psychic lesson in extra-terrestrial technology had forum as the place to continue the conversation–you found it, didn't you??? You'd be surprised how many people visit this particular page. And I want to run my voyeuristic scopophiliac eyes”
— Burning Mantis: The Secret Connection Between Burning Man,
“The latest news and opinions from The F-Word team We do not seek to censor debate: the beauty of the internet is that anyone can set up their own blog or website to express their views”
— Doctor Who and Catherine Tate - The F-Word,
“Group exhibition curated by Keith Coventry, Vegas Gallery, Vyner Street, London E2 18 February - 28 March 2010 Private View: Thursday 18 February 6:30 Assembled together the works present a view into the multifarious interests of the artists involved - a spectacle for the scopophiliac”
— Peeping Tom opens tonight | Other Criteria blog,
“Home: Forum: English: Potty-mouthed? New English words are just lush. trying hard to suppress decidedly scopophiliac tendencies must have been that ruby”
— Potty-mouthed? New English words are just lush. | Antimoon Forum,
“About Tia Tanaka. Will she ever do *** especially DP and ***? I hope so. Ill pay even a hundred for that vid”
— About Tia Tanaka | Adult DVD Talk Forum | *** Fan Community,
“Another Witty and Unnecessary Blog. by Job O Brother. Black Light Therefore, any scopophiliac urges are her own. She's the object of The Gaze, but a willing one. The ambiguity comes in with that”
— Masochistic Baby: Amer (2010) at the Amoeblog,
“Mark Simpson straps Mr Bond into a rim-chair and aims a knotted rope at his nuts I'd rather stay in a morgue!' So sniffs Daniel Craig in the latest and laboriously shot fights and chases presented for your lazy, scopophiliac enjoyment, you get a blur of bad editing that is literally”
— Bond on a Budget: Quantum of Solace is Plenty Cheap,