- On one blog, a well known outdoor/hunting writer shared with readers how he had cow called a muzzleloading record book class bull elk to within 50 yards and punched that bull with a saboted 300-grain bullet, powered by a 130-grain charge of Pyrodex. Then watched as the bull ran off. — “EditorsView”,
- These muzzleloader bullets offer shooters the benefits of saboted and conical bullets in one projectile. They have an innov. — “CVA Bulk Powerbelt Bullets - Per 50, Sabots & Bullets, Black”,
- Buy Muzzleloading, Balls, Sabots & Bullets, Saboted Bullets, Precision. — “Saboted Bullets, Precision LG Outdoors Products”, lg-
- Brass bullet starter - 26 results from 20 stores, including T-HANDLE SHORT BULLET STARTER, T-HANDLE SHORT BULLET STARTER, Includes 20 pack of jacketed saboted bullets, brass powder measure, brass #11 capper, multipurpose bullet starter, decapper. — “Brass bullet starter at TheFind - Search, discover and”,
- Saboted bullets are a natural for muzzleloaders because they simplify and expedite the loading process. But progress, especially a radical innovation such as the saboted conical bullets for muzzleloaders, brings with it new problems. — “Blackpowder Tips How to get centerfire accuracy from your”,
- Specifications and features: .50 caliber saboted Alpha Gold muzzleloading bullet 300-grain lead Spitzer Boat Tail w/serrated Hollow Point 1400 to 1970 fps 14-pack. — “18441 - .50 Caliber 300-Grain Lead Spitzer Boat Tail”,
- It is also well documented that so-called magnum loads, for example 150 grains of Pyrodex pushing a 260 grain saboted projectile, can easily develop pressures exceeding 20,000 psi. the same 260 grain saboted bullet can easily develop pressures. — “Unsafe Muzzleloaders?”,
- Knight® EZ Load .50 Caliber Saboted Red Hot Bullets, 300 - gr. EZ Load Saboted Red Hot Bullets is engineered for long - distance shooting!. — “Sportsman's Guide - Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting”,
- Sabots, sabot pictures and sabot reloading products for the accurate reloading of sabot slugs and sabot ammunition. All orders come with free reloading data. — “Sabots, sabot, sabot slugs, sabot rounds, sabot ammo, sabot”,
- If shooting plastic saboted bullets from a barrel with fast rifling twist then velocities must be slower to achieve accuracy. to light an advantage with regards to saboted bullets which is the fact that the barrel bore to saboted bullet fit is not nearly so critical. — “The Swing-Lock Sabotless Rifle”,
- Saboted definition, a shoe made of a single block of wood hollowed out, worn esp. by farmers and workers in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, etc. See more. — “Saboted | Define Saboted at ”,
- My first sabot loads consisted of 100 grains of Pyrodex "RS" behind a saboted 240-grain .44 (.429-inch) diameter Hornady XTP. And it shoots saboted bullets as well as any in-line. I mounted the long-eye-relief Redfield scope on the. — “”,
- Saboted ammo has a longer effective range and is more accurate when fired from a rifled barrel. Saboted ammunition is less effective than the common slug in unrifled barrels. — “Shotgun Slug Hunting Whitetail Deer”,
- (Click to enlarge) sabot pair of sabots (© School Division, Houghton Mifflin Company) sabot n. A wooden shoe worn in some European countries Saboted Light Armor Penetrator (SLAP). — “sabot: Definition from ”,
- For other meanings of "sabot", see sabot (disambiguation). This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help Saboted Light Armor Penetrator (SLAP)  References ^ APFSDS AMMUNITION - ARMOURED PIERCING FIN-STABILISED DISCARDING SABOT. — “Sabot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Ammunition Cartridge, Caliber .50 BMG, Saboted Light Armor Penetrator-Tracer, M962. Like the M903, this is a Saboted Light Armor Penetrator (SLAP) round, with the only difference being that the M962 also has a tracer element for observing fire, target designation, and incendiary purposes. — “50 BMG Ammo Supply - 50 cal Ammunition for the rifle and”, 50
- What today's modern in-line rifles, improved ignition systems, hotter and cleaner burning powders, and saboted bullets have done is to make it easier for the average shooter to be able to During the late 1980s and early 1990s, a saboted 260-grain .451" Speer JHP was the author's favorite bullet. — “LongRange”,
- Devel Saboted/Bullets for muzzleloading rifles Our New Technology Lead Free Devel Bullets with Sabots represent a new standard in muzzle loading projectile performance. — “Devel Saboted/Bullets for muzzleloading rifles”,
- Definition of saboted in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of saboted. Pronunciation of saboted. Translations of saboted. saboted synonyms, saboted antonyms. Information about saboted in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “saboted - definition of saboted by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Just 25 years ago, experienced hunters pretty well accepted the maximum effective range of the muzzleloading big game rifle to be about 100 to 125 yar The plastic-saboted muzzleloader bullet came onto the hunting scene in the mid-1980s, almost simultaneously with the inline rifle. — “Muzzleloading Hunters Finally Get the Point > Buckmasters”,
- Encyclopedia article about saboted. Information about saboted in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “saboted definition of saboted in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
related videos for saboted
- Hastings Laser Accurate Sabot Slugs Video describing the Laser Accurage Sabot Slugs being produced by Hastings, a leading manufacturer of Shotgun Barrels.
- Remington 870, Deer Slugs Vs. Genetically Modified Wal-Melon Bought a huge watermelon from Wal-Mart in the Colorado Mountains, and after staring at it for about 2 hours decided it was probably not safe for human consumption (perfect shape and size just like the other 2000 they had). I had to give this melon a clean death, a soldier's death. **** got bananas! Appx. 40 yards out with a Remington 870 Express using saboted winchester slugs Mario Beat By Me
- Powerful burst disk cannon A video showcasing the awesome power of the pneumatic burst disk cannon which has taken up permanent residence in my back yard. Capable of firing a 70 gram rubber ball at over 550 fps, and achieving 1160 ft/lbs of muzzle energy with a steel filled saboted hardwood slug.
- First shot with my Pursuit II XLT Here I am shooting my new Traditions Pursuit II XLT with 120 grains of powder and a 250gr. saboted bullet.
- Chronographing the Ultimate Muzzleloader (Standard Hunting Load) Here's what the Ultimate Muzzleloader chronographs at with 4 Pyrodex pellets (200 grains) and a 300 grain Shockwave saboted bullet. This muzzleloader is legal wherever inlines are allowed and has documented kills on deer and elk at over 500 yards! Learn more at .
- Sighting in Traditions Pursuit XLT .50 cal muzzleloader Sighting in my Traditions Pursuit XLT .50 cal rifle @ 50 yards with 60 grains of Pyrodex RS and a 350grain .44 saboted bullet. HD version at www.columbus.sk/Movie_0000.wmv
- Fun with sabots Shooting plastic bottles @ 90' with saboted Marballizer and a TM-7 w/Red Dot
- Test Shot for 14.5mm Core Super slow motion video of a saboted core from a 14.5mm AP B32. The projectile is moving at a little over 3000 feet per second. Due to a flawed sabot design, it did not rifle correctly and turned sideways in flight. Impacting sideways shatters it against the hard 5/8" armor plate. Not what i was hoping for but still kind of interesting to watch. Disclaimer: do not do this... it is extremely dangerous and illegal to most individuals. It was manufactured by me for a certified ballistics test lab. These are only sold to test labs and government agencies for scientific purposes.
- Loading and Shooting the Ultimate Muzzleloader Shooting a muzzleloader loaded with 4 Pyrodex pellets (200 grains) and a 300 grain Shockwave saboted bullet. This is a standard hunting load in Ultimate Firearms Ultimate Muzzleloader, which has documented kills on deer and elk over 500 yards. This is not a smokeless muzzleloader and is legal anywhere inline muzzleloaders are allowed. Learn more at
- .50cal PCP penetration test .50cal PCP fires a 180gr steel-core .30cal saboted bullet. The sabot was machined from acetal (delrin). Penetration was 215mm (8.5") of phone book, just short of going through the full 230mm (9") stack. MV would've been between 800 and 850 fps. Test on 2.5mm stainless steel plate showed perforation but not full penetration, with deformation of the bullet nose.
- Muzzle loader this is only 80 grain pyrodex select with saboted 240 grian hornady xtp bullet.
- Homemade .50 Air Rifle My homebuilt .50 Caliber Muzzloading air rifle shooting a saboted .45 240 grain XTP at around 600 fps.
- Hydra-Shok Around the Clock Mod Used: AMK 1.4 Weapons Used: Benelli M3 Modified Saiga 12c (from straelok's stash, full and semi auto) TOZ-66 TOZ-34 Sawn off aka Grandfather Shotgun Ammunition: All shots use 12x79 Hydra-shock (saboted hollow point) slugs. Bill Haley - Rock around the clock Strange Manor - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
- Hog Vlog 2010, Part XIII: Gear
- First Black Bear Quick video of my first black bear. I shot it on Aug 16, 2009 with my new Traditions Pursuit II XLT Muzzleloader Treestand Camo with Thumbhole stock, Nosler Partition HG 300 gr. saboted bullet and 100 gr. of Triple 7 pellets.
- Kingdom Hearts: Monstro Pinocchio is a 1940 American animated feature produced by Walt Disney and based on the story Pinocchio: Tale of a Puppet by Carlo Collodi. It was made after the success of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and was released to theaters by RKO Radio Pictures on February 7, 1940. It is the second film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. The plot of the film involves a wooden puppet being brought to life by a blue fairy, who tells him he can become a real boy if he proves himself "brave, truthful, and unselfish". Thus begin the puppet's adventures to become a real boy, which involve many encounters with a host of unsavory characters. The film was adapted by Aurelius Battaglia, William Cottrell, Otto Englander, Erdman Penner, Joseph Sabo, Ted Sears, and Webb Smith from Collodi's book. The production was supervised by Ben Sharps*** and Hamilton Luske, and the film's sequences were directed by Norman Ferguson, T. Hee, Wilfred Jackson, Jack Kinney, and Bill Roberts.
- Black powder muzzle loader rifle Me loading and firing one of our rifles. I used a quickloder that pre-measures the right amount of powder and also houses the saboted bullet. This shot was the lowest of the four on the big black target you see later. I actually shot more accurately with the old-fashioned lead ball/greased paper combo than with the shiny saboted bullets. :D
- Fallout 3 Mod - JL21 Flechette Gun [WIP] This forty-pound beastie fires fin-stabilized discarding-sabot 4mm tungsten flechettes from a 10mm smoothbore barrel, using caseless 10x70mm ammunition held in a rear-mounted 72-round box magazine. It has a muzzle energy comparable to .375 Holland & Holland, only fired in three-round salvo bursts that have a combined effect similar to a .50 BMG round. Mounted underneath the barrel is an 8-shot revolving-cylinder 25x200mm Autolauncher system, firing saboted 23mm rockets. With their high-density propellant, each rocket can maintain a flat trajectory out to two kilometers. Music (In order of Appearance): Roy Brown - Love Don't Love Nobody Fugazi - Combination Lock Polvo - Fast Canoe It is now released, and can be found here: www.fallout3
- Sabot Slugs Through 2 Shotguns Winchester Supreme Elite sabot slugs through a Mossberg Breacher and a Saiga-12C
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about saboted
“REAL bullets, saboted with the 45X50 sabot. Easy to cast your own REAL bullets with the Powered by YAF 1.9.301 | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another ”
— Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of,
“Jack @ Rule .303 posted his top five worst new cartridges 1. 7.62x39 Ackley Improved 2. .22 belted magnum 3. .338 rimfire 4. 28 gauge Buckhammer saboted”
— .30 Steve | The Firearm Blog,
“saboted bullet safe? I know full well how you much prefer heavier projectiles but more pressure if I shoot a little lighter saboted bullet or 275 grain”
— Reloader's Nest Forum - WolfGang!!!! Got a querstiown,
“Short-Range Results of Un-Spun Saboted Slugs? New Topic Reply to Topic. Printer Friendly 1- At short range, say across the living room or down a hall, how sideways could these”
— Forums - Short-Range Results of Un-Spun,
“Discussion Forum. Topic: Anyone Got Any Experience With Inline Muzzle And with the new saboted bullets, or the even newer non-saboted bullets with the plastic”
— Kountry Life - Discussion Forum,
“Prometheus finally made an accurate saboted pellet! Prometheus persisted and by the late almost all of the different types of saboted pellets made by Skenco and found them to”
— Air guns - Pyramyd Air Report: Synthetic-skirted (saboted,
“The "silver bullet" I'm referring to is called saboted ammunition. It's basically a small arrow like projectile held in a casing. just saying "saboted" as there are some saboted ammunition types that”
— Mechanized Propulsion Systems : Message Board - Mech weapons,
“Hi to all in this forum, recently I bought a new RAA Saiga 410, It was about a year ago I was looking at the Saigas but question myself about perform”
— Newbie on Saigas 410 need help - forum.Saiga-12.com, forum.saiga-12.com
“[Archive] Conicals in a Savage? Black Powder What about using a saboted conical like the 435 SSB? The twist rate of the Savage should be ideal for it. You could use around 42 grains 4198 and get,”
— Conicals in a Savage? [Archive] - Forums,