- A roof is a construction placed as a covering over the upper portion of a building to Roofs are designed to throw off rain and snow, and their slope or ". — “Roofs - LoveToKnow 1911”, 1911
- Roofs play a key role in protecting building occupants and interiors from outside weather The roof, insulation, and ventilation must all work together to keep. — “APS Home Inspection Service - Roofs”,
- Roofs - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Roofs”,
- Roofs By Best,residential and commercial roofers providing roof repair and new roof installation in Mount Vernon Ny,Yonkers Ny,New Rochelle Ny,Eastchester Ny,Scarsdale Ny areas. We are professional roofing contractors specializing in tile roofs,. — “Roofing Mount Vernon NY|Roofing Yonkers NY|Roofing Hartsdale”,
- Educational flat roof resource for home & building owners and contractors, dealing with flat roof issues. — “Flat Roofing – Learn about flat roof materials – TPO, PVC”,
- Roofs. Includes Aluminium, Roof Protects, Sunlight, Roofing, Australia, Social Credit, Types, Angle, Platinum and Rhodium information plus more related topics on . — “Roofs (Building, Construction, Pitched) @ ”,
- Article -- Metal Roofs and Walls Provide Building Owners and Architects with Plenty of â€œGreenâ€ Options Metal roofs and walls can contribute considerably to the "green" building movement because of their high recycled content, recyclability, sustainability and energy efficiency. — “Green Building Design > Sustainable Building > Green Benefits”,
- Roofs play a key role in protecting building occupants and interiors from outside weather The roof, insulation and ventilation must all work together to keep. — “Roofing - Int'l Association of Certified Home Inspectors”,
- Posted by Girl on The Avenue in Australian green roofs, Domestic/residential roofs. A survey has found that New York is among the US cities where the practice of putting green roofs on buildings is growing fastest. — “2008 " GREEN ROOFS AUSTRALIA”,
- is an information and resource center with a focus on roofs. Compare the 4 major types, discover the benefits, and find tips on how to choose the right one for you. — “Roofs | Roof | ”,
- Find out all about roofing, including exterior finishes, framing, insulation, photovoltaics, and sheathing. — “Building Systems - Roofs”,
- .The eco-houses maximize solar input, with a very low above ground profile for the homes that are built partially underground, and feature living roofs. The green roofs help reduce visual impact while also providing insulation, protection from. — “”,
- flat roof ( ¦flat ¦rüf ) ( architecture ) A roof pitched only enough to allow water to drain. — “Flat roof: Definition from ”,
- The roofs of Vietnam. A roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a building. A roof protects the building and its contents from the effects of weather. Structures that require roofs range from a letter box to a cathedral or stadium, dwellings being the most numerous. — “Roof - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Our flat roof repair products and elastomeric roof coatings are the industries best. Hurricane or Storm damage? Our experts can help you with your roof repair. If you need a metal roof coating, or industrial coatings, look to Ames Research for. — “Flat Roof Repair, Metal Roof Repair, Roofing Products”,
- English: A roof is the top covering of a building protecting against the elements. Pages in category "Roofs" The following page is in this category, out. — “Category:Roofs - Wikimedia Commons”,
- WELCOME to RoofsNet! Your one stop to all your roofing needs.Our goal is to supply the homeowner, roofer, roofing distributor and roofing manufacturer with one location to receive or distribute any information regarding the roofing industry. — “RoofsNet-All your roof needs Home Page”,
- Roofs. Windows. Interior Details. Classic Moldin g. Bonnet: Cross gabled: often used for To learn more about roofs, read Architecture Coach: Roofs Tell the Story. — “Architecture: Roof Types”,
- Roof is the upper most part of a building's structure designed to provide protection from the rain, snow, and other nature's elements. Roofs around the world vary in the type, or shape of the roof, steepness, and type of roofing materials used. — “Metal Roofing Blog " Blog Archive " Roofs and common roof types”,
- Industry association whose mission is to develop a market for green roof infrastructure products and services in cities across North America. — “Green Roofs for Healthy Cities”,
- The placing of service plant and lift overruns on roofs that are Slate roofs that have been laid in diminishing. graduated courses should also be. — “Roofs”, environ.ie
- Most rooﬁng problems, particularly on sloped roofs with multiple, complicated intersections can bat ice damming at the eaves of sloped roofs and inhibit damage from wind-driven rain, they are now also. — “Roofs”,
- Roof Tools. If you're creating a simple structure with a hipped or gabled roof, use File> Building Wizard. If you want more control over how your roof looks there are a number of other tools: Draw Roof is for drawing Gabled, Hipped, Saltbox, Shed and Sloped roof styles with a few mouse-clicks. — “Roofs”, plan3
- St. Joseph's historic districts exhibit a variety of roof shapes and materials that reflect Gable and hip roof forms are by far the most familiar roof shapes in St. Joseph's. — “Roofs”, ci.st-joseph.mo.us
related videos for roofs
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities Steven Peck is the President and Founder of Green Roofs for Healthy Cities. In this video he talks about the many benefits of green roofs including how they manage storm water, mediate the urban heat island (UHI)effect and provide area for integrating agriculture into our urban environments. Check out for more details.
- Green Roofs in Vancouver Video from the City of Vancouver
- SketchUp: Building flat roofs with parapets This video accompanies Google SketchUp for Dummies, by Aidan Chopra. For more information about the book, please visit
- CADClip - REVIT 2011 Roof Basics 10 Slope Arrow
- Bad Times and Broken Roofs You can't hold Roof Monster down. You can only report him to the police and have your mom mail his sleepover stuff back to his mom while he's in the drunk tank.
- Applescal - Roofs Of Heaven (TraumCD 22) Rick Robin is a visual architect. Coming from the world of honest photography he learned how to adapt those skills to modern architecture, dance, human movement and graphic design. He's permanently on the look out for new visual and technological inventions. www.rickrobin.tv The 22 year old boy from Amsterdam is known as a reclusive electronic musician who loves to stay in his self built "cave like" studio. His 13 new tracks are cinematic with moods ranging from uplifting and joyful tracks to dark, melancholic and claustrophobic ones. Applescal featured various styles on his debut album „A Slaves Commitment, now his new album, although called a "A Mishmash Of Changing Moods, has much more of a strong directive and last but not least has evolved in a true masterpiece of storytelling! Working stronger on a conceptional level has allowed him to pull all the tricks out of the bag.
- Buy Charette Roof Rakes Purchase at: The Charette Roof Rake has two blades pointed upward and a splitter in the back for splitting heavy snow blocks. A tarp is included in the design so the snow slides down easier. 4 poles are included for assembly. Charette Roof Rakes are available for Tin and Asphalt Roof Models. Charette Roof Rakes cost $170 including shipping and handling.
- How to Build an Edible Green Roof By Senga Formore information Home of the Gardening Gourmets - watch our TV pilot called the Garden Gourmets (google: senga lindsay garden gourmets) and tell us what you think! Senga will show you in three easy steps how you can create your own edible green roof at your home. Grow your own food and even raise bees on your rooftop - it is then new urban agriculture
- Minecraft Roof Designs For those of you who need help with making cool roofs, watch this it's got a bunch of cool designs and is really informative. From two parts i skipped forward so the video would fit in the time limit, so that's what that is, it isn't a glitch or anything ;)
- Jumping roofs #3 Posters bit.ly My website - OTHER GAMES HARRY POTTER http DEAD ISLAND Call of DUTY MW3 LA NOIRE Intro by Playlists that will save you from boredom SKETCH COMEDY- bit.ly EMO GIRL - bit.ly ASK OLGA KAY- bit.ly GAMING- bit.ly NURSERY RHYMES- bit.ly 2010 VIDEOS - bit.ly TUBE TOP- bit.ly VLOGS - bit.ly OTHER YOUTUBE CHANNELS OlgaKay's show- Iphone Channel- Mushka's channel - Gaming - STORE: MOOSHooS - SHIRTS - CONNECT with me http MY IPHONE APP http OlgaKay POBOX 17782 Van Nuys, CA 91416 Intro by show some love :D See you guys next time!!! Hugs Olga aka MOOSH mommy
- Introduction to Living Roofs / Green Roofs - BGTV In this short video "Building Green" host Kevin Contreras visits the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas, and learns about the benefits and basics of construction of living roofs from Steve Windhager, Director of the Center. Visit or call your station for local PBS listings.
- Why Cool Roofs? By installing a cool roof at DOE, the federal government and Secretary Chu are helping to educate families and businesses about the important energy and cost savings that can come with this simple, low-cost technology. Cool roofs have the potential to quickly and dramatically reduce global carbon emissions while saving money every month on consumers' electrical bills.
- RV Roof Repair & Vent Maintenance offers EternaBond roof repair products and sealing tape for all your leak repair needs! Perfect for RVs, mobile homes, steel and rubber roofs, awnings, and more!
- GAF Roofing: Tri-Ply Torch Applied Tri-Ply Torch Applied • Safety precautions • Torch tips • Installation steps
- Rubber Roof - A long term solution for domestic flat roofing Welcome to Permaroof UK ltd. We are the UK's largest distributor for Firestone EPDM rubbercover. Please visit our website at where you can find many flat roofing products that provide a long term solution to your leaking flat roof. We also have an installation guide and FAQ section for all your burning questions here: /installtion-guides The Firestone RubberCover System is based on EPDM roofing membranes that are made of a synthetic rubber compound. For more than 25 years Firestone EPDM roofing membranes have been installed on commercial and industrial roofs worldwide offering proven field perfomance. Today the high quality Firestone EPDM membranes are also available for residential roofing applications. Quick and easy installation Superior weather resistance and durability Environmentally friendly High flexibility and elongation Low life-cycle cost 20 year guarantee Insurance work undertaken Approved installers Free no obligation quote Competitive prices Honest and professional advice High quality workmanship assured All work fully guaranteed for your peace of mind
- Metrodome Roof Collapse Video From the Inside Metrodome
- Roof Crash Test Results from IIHS The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has released results from its new crash test program: vehicle roofs. Get the complete story at .
- The Truth About Roof Cleaning and Roof Algae what you should know about roof cleaning black roof algae streaks.
- New York City Rooftop Farm It's got a view to die for. Rooftop Farms atop a warehouse in Brooklyn grow more than 30 varieties of organic fruits and vegetables, including heirloom tomatoes, zucchini, aubergines and green onions. While green roofs are nothing new, the sheer scale of the farm in the heart of one of the world's most congested cities is impressive. Lisa Goode is the owner of Rooftop Farms. [Lisa Goode, Owner, Rooftop Farms]: "There's layers of drainage mat and separation fabric — it's all very technical stuff that the dirt actually just goes right on top of. And then you grow stuff in the dirt. But most importantly, a green roof has great environmental benefits such as storm-water reduction, which is a huge problem in New York City. There's cooling for the building and if we can amass enough green roofs, hopefully it will help the heat island issue in New York City too." The biggest problem with designing green roofs, Goode says, is convincing developers they are a good idea. She says there is a misguided perception that they can damage a building's roof. The reverse is true, she says. Greenery can protect a roof membrane from the damaging effects of the sun and cold weather. Andy Darrell, Regional Manager of the Environmental Defense Fund, says another benefit of Rooftop Farms is that it lowers the carbon footprint caused by trucks used to transport food into the city. [Andy Darrell, Regional Manager, Environmental Defense Fund]: "About 70 percent of the air cancer risk in the ...
- World's Fastest Wooden Hip Roof.wmv Folding hip roof assembled in real time in less than 10 minutes. Demonstrates user-friendly roof requiring only screw guns and clamps. Strong roof frame ideal for portable sheds, garden gazebos, and emergency shelters. Strong enough for New Hampshire's snowy winters!
- SketchUp: Using Intersect with Model to make roofs This video accompanies Google SketchUp for Dummies, by Aidan Chopra. For more information about the book, please visit
- Green a Roof, Cool a City If there's nowhere else to put it, pile it right on top! That's the philosophy behind urban green roofs, which add much needed green space to otherwise uninviting city landscapes. This video takes us to two of New York's most impressive green roofs to find out how they can help cities cool off and clean up. At state of the art research station on the roof of Silvercup Studios in Queens, we talk to green roof specialist Leslie Hoffman about how a few plants can reduce water pollution, cool an "urban heat island" by 100 degrees, and improve air quality. And at the top of the Solaire in Manhattan, it's easy to feel cool while hanging out in their plush roof garden that adds beauty to functionality. These are some of the first green roofs in New York, and for the future the sky's the limit.
- Roof Types Learn about wind resistant roof types
- Various Basic Roofs in Revit Creating Basic Roofs in Revit
- Energy 101: Cool Roofs This edition of Energy 101 takes a look at how switching to a cool roof can save you money and benefit the environment.
- Greenroofs 101 from Watch more videos on Learn the basics of greenroofs here: what living roofs are, what they do, and how they help solve the most pressing ecological and developmental issues facing the built environment showing projects from around the world.
- GAF Roofing: How To Do Valleys This video demonstrates the proper installation technique for flashing and roofing valleys • The open, woven and closed cut methods are demonstrated • Valleys are a prime leak area so it's important to be careful. . . • Use WeatherWatch or StormGuard sefl-adhering leak barriers in all valleys
- 2.5-acre native living roof part of smart building design It's one of the most expansive and one of the most complex living roofs ever designed- the 197000-square-foot rooftop is home to 1.7 million native plants-, but the crown on architect Renzo Piano's California Academy of Sciences is more than simply a home for native plant species. It's also an integral part of the smart building design. Up here there are weather stations that report on wind, rain and temperature changes to a central computer. This feedback is used to open and shut the roof's skylights to create automated passive ventilation. In other words, this smart system means the building doesn't need air conditioning. Original story here:
- White Roofs Secretary Steven Chu discusses the benefits of switching to white roofs and light colored pavements.
- Minecraft Home Design ep.09 (Roofs examples) _-D1-_ We don't go crazy on how to build these, I just show you so designs real quick! Enjoy! Twitter: @durandalofaegis Music done by me with Acid Studio Everything in minecraft is created by Markus Persson (Notch) and the Mojang Team. The game can be found at
- Amateur video: Freak tornado rips off roofs, flips cars in New Zealand At least two people have been killed and dozens more injured when a tornado tore through Auckland in New Zealand. This amateur footage captured the twister as it made its destructive way through the country's largest city. Witnesses reported cars being flipped over, and roofs ripped clean from buildings. T on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- Peel and Stick Thin Film Solar Panels on Flat Roof - Thin film, peel + stick, Solar PV panels: Easy and Quick installation. - Learn how to design and install solar PV panel on residential and commercial buildings. Roof - integrated Solar Flat Roof from IB Roofs Building-integrated solar flat roofs are cool, green and have the lowest cost/watt to install, and virtually no maintenance cost. IB makes Lifetime residential flat roofing and now they together with Uni-solar have the only real BI-PV solar flat roof system for your home or business. Find out more at Benefits of thin-film solar and Roof integrated IB Solar-Wise PV systems include better than average light capture in cloudy conditions, minimum roof penetrations, no shading from adjacent panels, and combined 30% federal tax credit for both the Solar and the roofing system. Your roof integrated solar array will be the most cost effective installation for any flat roof. Solar Roofing Prices 1) these and similar solar panels (such as UniSolar thin film solar panels) are installed over a PVC flat roof - use our roofing calculator ( ) to estimate the cost to install a new PVC flat roofing system, as well as roofing cost for other flat roof materials. 2) Solar Prices - the cost of your solar system will be very different depending on who you work with - in general, you should look @ about $7.50 per Watt, for a solar system of at least 3 KW size - use this solar calculator ( www.solar ...
- finding roof leaks I have a new video showing how to fix the roof leak you just found Go see "how to fix rock roof leaks". Rock roofs are the hardest flat roof to repair. You can fix any other flat roof by this same method.. ***** Feb 25 , 2011 update *****Here's how to find roof leaks on flat roofs. You can fix any leak if you can find it paint thinner is used instead of water for a number of reasons. Paint thinner acts just like the water, so where the air comes out, the water can go in. Look for the bubbles of air. Second, the thinner goes in the hole and melts the tar. When you patch the hole , the tar also goes inside, and seals inside. see for fixing a transition between flat and sloped roof If you send me a picture of you r roof, I will do my best to diagnose the problem for you.
- Anatomy of a Roof Installation offers EternaBond roof repair products and sealing tape for all your leak repair needs! Perfect for RVs, mobile homes, steel and rubber roofs, awnings, and more!
- How to Create a Green Roof Dave talks with Rolf Schilling about how to insulate your roof with native plants.
- Roof Ball Footsal on roofs
- Metal Roofing Installation - Metal Shingles - Standing Seam - Interlocking aluminum shingles Metal Roof being installed on the on residential property right near the ocean. - Metal Shingles Roofing. This Revere, MA home is located in Point of Pines sub-neighborhood located right on the coast and featuring a private beach area. The main roofing concern for us was the strong winds and wind driven water. We specially designed a Ridge Vent Leaks prevention system to make sure the roof remains watertight and no wind-driven rain eneters the house.
- How to Pressure Wash Your Roof host Tim Carter walks you through how to use a pressure washer to clean moss, lichen and algae off your roof without damaging the shingles.
- Easy Revit (2009) - 23 - Create Roof (by footprint) Easy Revit video tutorials for beginners like me: Walks through an entire simple project, step by step. This Video: Create a roof by footprint, move it into position, attach it to a level, change its pitch, make it flat, attach walls to the roof and edit the roof's structure
- Flat Roof Installation - Mechanically attached FireSheet - Installation of IB fire sheet substrate to the IB PVC flat roofing system
- SketchUp: Constructing gabled roofs This video accompanies Google SketchUp for Dummies, by Aidan Chopra. For more information about the book, please visit
- SketchUp: Creating eaves for buildings with pitched roofs This video accompanies Google SketchUp for Dummies, by Aidan Chopra. For more information about the book, please visit
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about roofs
“Editor's Note: Scientific American 's George Musser will be chronicling his experiences installing solar panels and taking other steps to save energy in 60-Second Solar . Read his introduction here and see all posts here . We geeks The guest blog is a forum for such opinions”
— Solar at Home: Cool roofs are finally cool,
“Long Roofs Forum - Index Long Roofs Forum. Welcome to The Long Roofs Forum. Introduce Yourself. We are glad to have you here. Tell us a little about yourself. 181 Posts. 35 Topics. Last post by novadude. in Re: Hello from Canada. on May 13, 2009, 08:50:47 pm”
— Long Roofs Forum - Index,
“Discover the benefits of Cool Roofing: Flat & Metal roofs, Green roofs and Solar PV”
— Roofs In CT | Cool Roofing Blog,
“If it works so well on roofs, why stop [ ] Your Furniture " Blog Archive " Green Walls: Don't Stop Greening You can read more about green roofs in this recent blog posting, and we'll soon be doing a piece on solar”
— Low Impact Living " Blog Archive " Good Green Roofs,
“Roofs and common roof types. Roof is the upper most part of a building's structure In places with little rainfall, roofs tend to have a minimum roof pitch and are”
— Metal Roofing Blog " Blog Archive " Roofs and common roof types,
“Gay Friendly _ Bed and Breakfasts, Hotels, and Vacation Rentals Copyright © 2010 Purple Roofs Travel Blog All rights reserved. Desk Mess Mirrored v1.7.2”
— Vancouver is for Women | Purple Roofs Travel Blog,
“And Green Roofs for Healthy Cities has had a booth there for several years now, promoting the North American On our contest site we have many educational blog posts that will provide all sorts of information. Please”
— Sky Gardens: Where Cool Green Meets Lofty Blue,