- The Flushing Remonstrance was a forerunner to the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution that gives people the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. For more information on the Remonstrance Document, click here. — “The Flushing Remonstrance 350th Anniversary Celebration | www”,
- Remonstrants is a name given to the adherents of Jacobus Arminius (q.v.) after his death, from the "Remonstrance" which they drew up in 1610 as an exposition and justification of their views (see below) the States of Holland a Counter-remonstrance in which the view of the. — “Remonstrants”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Examples of REMONSTRANCE. Many residents wrote letters of remonstrance to city officials. — “Remonstrance - Definition and More from the Free Merriam”, merriam-
- A remonstrance is basically a referendum on a school building project. When 100 verified property owners sign this petition, a formal remonstrance begins. — “Yes4 Remonstrance”,
- The Flushing Remonstrance. Historic Meeting House. Historic Graveyard. Right Honorable. You have been pleased to send unto us a certain prohibition or command that we should not receive or entertain any of those people called Quakers because they are supposed to be, by some, seducers of the people. — “Flushing Remonstrance”,
- We found 29 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word remonstrance: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "remonstrance" is defined. General (25 matching dictionaries) remonstrance: Compact Oxford English Dictionary [home, info]. — “Definitions of remonstrance - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- Flushing Remonstrance. Flushing Remonstrance Bibliography. Updated November 16, 2007! In 1656, Governor Peter Stuyvesant passed an Ordinance declaring that any person entertaining a Quaker Meeting House for a single night was to be It was decided to send a remonstrance to the governor in protest of. — “The Bowne House Historical Society”,
- "Madison's Memorial and Remonstrance was written in opposition to a bill, introduced into the General Assembly of Virginia, to levy a general assessment for the support of teachers of religions. To the Honorable the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia A Memorial and Remonstrance. — “James Madison's Memorial and Remonstrance”,
- Definition of remonstrance from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of remonstrance. Pronunciation of remonstrance. Definition of the word remonstrance. Origin of the word remonstrance. — “remonstrance - Definition of remonstrance at ”,
- Remonstrance definition, an act or instance of remonstrating. See more. — “Remonstrance | Define Remonstrance at ”,
- A Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments. We the subscribers , citizens James Madison's Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments was, and remains,. — “Religious Freedom Page: Memorial and Remonstrance Against”, religiousfreedom.lib.virginia.edu
- A weekly webcomic featuring the strange metropolitan adventures of Hector the cat and his animal friends. Comic for 2010-07-19: A Woman Has Her Secrets But the show must go on, and I bring you this week's less-than-appetizing The Remonstrance, in all its jagged glory. — “The Remonstrance”,
- This Remonstrance was publicly read and then signed by scores of individuals from dozens of states, who attended the "Citizens' Summit to End the Illegal Operations of the IRS," at a meeting assembled in Washington DC at the National Press Club on November 13, 1999. — “We The People Congress - Remonstrance on the Legality of the”,
- Definition of remonstrance in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of remonstrance. Pronunciation of remonstrance. Translations of remonstrance. remonstrance synonyms, remonstrance antonyms. Information about remonstrance in the free online English. — “remonstrance - definition of remonstrance by the Free Online”,
- Grand Remonstrance Grand Remonstrance , 1641. This lengthy petition was part of Pym's campaign to retain the initiative in his parliamentary struggle. — “Grand Remonstrance: Information from ”,
- Fred's voice had taken a tone of grumbling remonstrance. 2004, Perry Link, "China: A new postmortem on Tiananmen," Time, 15 March: In the past, emperors based their right to rule mostly on heredity and so could listen to remonstrance from below. — “remonstrance - Wiktionary”,
- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for remonstrance in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “remonstrance - Dictionary definition and pronunciation”,
- The Remonstrance is not an angry protest, but a protest of love. The Remonstrance welcomes the destitute and despised, the downcast and the downtrodden. We welcome those with no place to go and who will follow Christ without. — “Remonstrance”,
- Remonstrances Abstract: A remonstrance is the opportunity for the general public to voice its formal objection to either a new liquor permit application or the renewal of an existing liquor permit within its town. To trigger the process, any. — “DCP: Remonstrances”, ct.gov
- Definition of remonstrance in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is remonstrance? Meaning of remonstrance as a legal term. What does remonstrance mean in law?. — “remonstrance legal definition of remonstrance. remonstrance”, legal-
- Remonstrance may also refer to: Look up Remonstrance in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. The Remonstrances, a document drafted by the earls in opposition to King Edward I of England in 1297. Grand Remonstrance, the list of grievances presented to the King of England in 1641. — “Remonstrance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
related images for remonstrance
- 3 苦諫 Remonstrance 75×338cm 3 苦諫 Remonstrance 75×338cm
- 3 苦諫 Remonstrance 75×338cm 4 修身 Cultivation 75×338cm
- 14 15 jpg
- << First < Older
- Guest comic By The Remonstrance Update by Simon Well gotta admit The Remonstrance has a good grasp of us The Gung Ho engineers at Assan Motors assure us that they understand Kareet is a crate but as they put it
- 12 REMONSTRANCE BACK PENSÉE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND BRENDON AS YOU ARE INTESTACY IN THREE HAMZA NO MORE FANTASIZING OF THE DEAD NOW DEAR MIKE KLEMPT LEVER PULLER
- gosoul info Screenshot
- ldpd 5847281 000 00000067 jpg
- Printed by V S for Thomas Bushell 1604
- Show First
- << First < Older
- remonstrance Why strikest thou me something more was meant than a protest We have had lately a triste example of the end of protests in a neighbouring country The annual protest of xx the French Chamber of Deputies against the extinction of the nationality of Poland not only ended in barren results and excited public ridicule but actually terminated in the
- REMONSTRANCE AGAINST A BASEBALL PARK AT THE CORNER OF TWELFTH AND LINCOLN STREETS April 27 1887 View Transcription
- page 1 page 2
- I didn t notice the tar pit or the bleached bones scattered everywhere I plunged ahead The meeting was held in an old run down dumpy house which was soon condemned as pictured below This was ministry in Cleveland growth that doesn t grow It was mysterious The work was fruitful and we doubled in size but suddenly everything got stuck We were excited by high
- ldpd 5847281 000 00000066 jpg
- Smectymnws s Remonstrance JPG
- The Flushing Remonstrance written in 1657
- ldpd 5847281 000 00000022 jpg
- 754161221340717 jpg
- Abb Lage von Virginia Hintergrund des folgenden Textes 1784 brachte Patrick Henry in der General Assembly von Virginia einen Gesetzesentwurf ein der allgemeine Steuern für den
- << First < Older
- ldpd 5847281 000 00000021 jpg
- religious freedom Years later in 1785 Madison wrote a Memorial and Remonstrance one of the most significant American statements on the relationship of government to religion to defeat a bill proposed by Patrick Henry to provide financial aid to teachers of the Christian religion In its place Madison sponsored and guided to passage an Act for Establishing Religious
- << First < Older
- intolerable despotism 10 Hening s Statutes at Large 1779 p 557 1809 Not long after this Remonstrance to Congress George Mason legally acquires land in Kentucky in February 1780 Source Virginia Treasury Warrants Kentucky Searchable Database
- to adopt new constitutions Elected in 1776 to help shape Virginia s constitution James Madison drafted that document s guarantee of religious freedom Years later in 1785 Madison wrote a Memorial and Remonstrance one of the most significant American statements on the relationship of government to religion to defeat a bill proposed by Patrick Henry to provide financial aid
- page 1 page 3
- Boston october 1914 Courtesy of Massachusetts Historical Society Page 1
- Bids Accepted Before Commons Signatures Counted
- 12 13 jpg
- Starting back I saw two soldiers sitting by the roadside I said Boys you re tired Put your guns in the rear of the wagon and get up in front and ride They seemed glad of this
- 10 11 jpg
- << First < Older
- 003 jpg
- << First < Older
- ldpd 5847281 000 00000081 jpg
- rawstory comnews2007 > 06 Sep 2007 14 03 24k recycle gif 27 May 2005 22 24 4k remonstranceXEindian > 28 Nov 2007 17 05 459k repeatafterme jpg 21 Dec 2008 11 39 37k
- ldpd 5847281 000 00000016 jpg
- page 2 page 3
related videos for remonstrance
- America (II)The Secular Constitution What Athens was in miniature America will be in magnitude. The one was the wonder of the ancient world; the other is becoming the admiration of the present. Thomas Paine, Rights of Man It was the Greek heritage of Democracy and the Roman Republic that inspired the American thinkers and revolutionaries not the Judeo-Christian Kings & the Dark Ages of Christian Europe. It was the Roman Republic of Cicero that was the inspiration not Christian Europe that ushered in more Kings and Church state power. From the Declaration of Independence to the Constitution, the Founding Fathers looked to classical history as a reliable guide to their successful experiment in building a lasting republic. Dr. Joe Wolverton II Treaty of Tripoli Article 11 As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion--as it has in itself no character or enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen--and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries. What influence, in fact, have ecclesiastical establishments had on society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the civil authority; on many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny; in no instance ...
- A Brief Exploration of Flushing, Queens
- Iradyan's "Remonstrance" pt.2 Alexandr Iradayan's "Remonstrance" pt. 2 accompanied with image of Martha Graham's "Lamentation".
- Marnin Spigelman Sept 7, 2010 remonstrance (1 / 2) Marnin Spigelman gives a remonstrance on September 7, 2010 at the Carmel, Indiana city council meeting. Part 1 of 2.
- The Spirit guides the Church (Mark 8,14-21) 08 Christ's remonstrance to his disciples reminds us of the guidance of the Church by the Holy Spirit (Tuesday of the sixth week in Ordinary Time II, 08, Mark 8,14-21)
- Improperia (Popule Meus) The Improperia are a series of antiphons and responses, expressing the remonstrance of Christ with His people. In the Catholic liturgy they traditionally are sung as part of the observance of the Passion, usually on the afternoon of Good Friday, during the so-called 'Adoration of the Cross'. In their present form in the Roman Rite, the first part consists of three reproaches, adapted from passages of Scripture, followed by the Trisagion being repeated after each in Latin and Greek by two halves of the choir. The second part, meanwhile, is composed nine other lines sung by the cantors, with the full choir responding after each with the refrain "Popule meus, quid feci tibi?..." (which also begins the series) After the last Improperium and its refrain, the hymns Crux fidelis and Pange lingua follow. The Improperia appear in the Pontificale of Prudentius (846-61) and gradually came into use throughout Europe in the eleventh and twelfth centuries, finally being incorporated into the Roman Ordo in the four***th century. The Catholic Encyclopedia notes (from the article 'Good Friday'): They are not found in the old Roman Ordines. Duchesne (249) detects, he thinks, a Gallican ring in them; while Martene (III, 136) has found some of them alternating with the Trisagion in ninth century Gallican documents. They appear in a Roman Ordo, for the first time, in the four***th century, but the retention of the Trisagion in Greek goes to show that it had found a place in the Roman Good ...
- English Civil War History A simplified overview of the English Civil War and its effects in history.
- Itamar Remonstrance A remonstrance informing my colleagues of the appauling and horrific murder of a family in the Israeli town of Itamar.
- Atkinson on the 81st Day of session Education should be first budget past
- Jawab-e-Shikwa (Response to The Complaint) Part 3-Aziz MiaN qawwal presents Kalam-e-Iqbal for part 1 of Jawab e shikwa click on this link for part 2 of Jawab e shikwa click on this link for part 3 of Jawab e shikwa click on this link ------ Whatever comes out of the heart is effective It has no wings but has the power of flight It has holy origins, it aims at elegance It rises from dust, but has access to the celestial world My love was seditious, rebellious and clever My fearless wailing rent through the sky On hearing it the sun said, Somewhere there is somebody! The planets said, At the Arsh-i-Barân there is somebody! The moon was saying, No, it is some inhabitant of the earth! The milky way was saying, Somebody is concealed just here! If someone understood my Remonstrance Riîw«n did He understood me as the Man turned out of the Paradise ! Even angels exclaimed in surprise What could this voice be! Unknown even to the Arshs keepers what the secret could be! Is the mankinds reach really even to the Arsh? Has this pinch of dust also learned flight? How ignorant of good manners the earths denizens are! How bold and insolent these denizens of the low are! Is he so insolent that even angry with God he is? Is he the same Man who once worshipped by angels was ? He is the knower of Kamm, and of the enigmas of Kaif But, he is unacquainted with the secrets of modesty Mankind are proud of the power of their rhetoric These ignorant people are incapable of talking! A voice came Very pathetic is your story Full of restless ...
- lets play banjo tooie part 27- a grand return from the depths of the darkest abyss, from the highest point in the known universe, comes the story of an lp that was long forgotten. Banjo Tooie- coming to a theater near you, starring hgjfkd12345, banjo bear, kazooie bird, and various other nitwits.
- Senator Olsen calls for action on job creating legislation As the end of the 2011 session draws closer, Senator Alan Olsen (R-Canby) asks his fellow Senators what has been done to help put more than 200000 Oregonians back to work. He calls on the Senate to work together on job-creating legislation. Olsen says that repealing Measure 66 and 67 may be a place to start and warns that if the Legislature doesn't do something to put people back to work it will not have done its job.
- Citizens Addressing Their School Board of Trustees - Deliver Writ of Remonstrance Citizens of Fort Bend, near Houston, address their school board of trustees and deliver a writ of remonstrance asking for their resignation.
- Reformed Heroes of the Faith The history of the Reformation involves such heroes as Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Hus, Ulrich Zwingli, William Tyndale, John Wycliffe, Michael Sattler... These pioneers led us to an age where the sufficiency of scripture was procliamed and Reformation Theology flourished. This was counter to the thinking of Rome, with the exception of St. Augustine, who's teachings were condemned by the pope and rejected by Rome. This faithful exposition of scripture was supported by Jonathan Edwards, John Bunyan, George Whitefield, August Toplady, John Owen, William Wilberforce, John A. Broadus, JP Boyce, BH Carroll, Roger Williams, William Carey, JC Ryle, John Foxe, AW Pink, John Newton, Matthew Henry, and Charles Spurgeon. It was Arius, Pelagius, and the followers of Arminius whose teachings were deemed as heresy by the Church, and only later was it so widely accepted, by those outside of Rome, that man had a synergistic ability to work in his own salvation. This made man a co-worker with God, as opposed to a work fully done by God, followed by a command that can now be understood and obeyed, since that man is now regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit, and by the power of the Word. It is amazing that, with the exception of John Wesley, (who persecuted the ministry of George Whitefield without being retaliated against and without repentance until Whitefield's death,) the most God-fearing, sin hating, selfless preachers of holiness and righteousness were Reformation ...
- America is not a christian Nation The sound used for that video comes from Noworkbum Sources : Thomas Jefferson : "Notes on Virginia", 1782 (Query XVII 7th paragraph) James Madison : Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments press-pubs.uchicago.edu Benjamin Franklin : quoted from Victor J Stenger, Has Science Found God? (2001) John Adams : Notes on Virginia" Thomas Paine : "Age of Reason" (Part First, Section 4)
- Marnin Spigelman Oct 4, 2010 remonstrance (3 / 3) Marnin Spigelman gives a remonstrance on October 4, 2010 at the Carmel, Indiana city council meeting. Part 3 of 3.
- The Real Wall, Pt. 2 (In the words of the founders) The second part in a series on the separation of church and state in America. Part one: Sources: ------------- 1. Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists - www.loc.gov 2. Annals of Congress. Aug 15th, 1789. p. 730-731 3. James Madison's Memorial and Remonstrance - 4. Discussion on the existence of God and the authenticity of the bible. p.231. (1831). 5. The Barbary Treaties : Tripoli 1796 - Hunter Miller's Notes - avalon.law.yale.edu
- Larry Galizio Remonstrance
- Sen Verger Remonstrance 3-23-2011
- Separation of Church and State A discussion of the separation of church & state in the US Constitution. Further reading: US Constitution - Library of Congress www.loc.gov History of the Thirty Years War -- Frederich Schiller Remonstrance of the Inhabitants of the Town of Flushing - University of Virginia religiousfreedom.lib.virginia.edu Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom - Virginia Historical Society Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments - University of Virginia religiousfreedom.lib.virginia.edu Tyranny of the majority Study Guide: Separation of Church and State
- Concealed Remonstrance Trailer-High School Musical This is the full trailer to my High School Musical fanfic, Concealed Remonstrance. It can be found at: Summary: He's a coin and every coin has two sides. One side is Troy Bolton, the golden boy. Cameron Bale is the side that's hidden and fighting to be seen. What happens when the voice in the back of his head becomes harder and harder to control? If you're interested in what you see then I suggest you read my story. Enjoy. Feedback would be loved. Jaydat :)
- 韓国聖火リレーで中国人が暴徒化 Chinese riots in Torch relay- Seoul, S.Korea 2008.4.28 "The Flame Day" Chinese students turned violent during Olympic torch relay in Seoul, South Korea. They threw metal tools, stones, iron sticks, etc.Korean protester said "Chinese throw these tools and stones.They may kill us!" Tibetan supporters were chased by hundreds of Chinese.They were caught inside of 5star rated Hotel and beaten,kicked by Chinese riots.Also Korean policeman was injured. Korean news anchorman said "Chinese spoilt the worth of Sacred Torch by their hand." Next day, Korean foreign minister told remonstrance to Chinese ambassador.Chinese ambassador showed apology. Ugly Violent Chinese !
- Fraud remonstrance - June 25th, 2009
- TEA Party 11 1 2009 #2 Dan Halloran, Republican candidate for the NYC council seat for the 19th District in Queens, gave a very rousing speech about the Constitution and its erosion by the current Supreme Court. Dan spoke before a crowd of about 50 people gathered to express concerns about the whittling away of our rights by corrupt elected officials and policies that do not reflect the will of the people! The event took place in Bowne Park located in Flushing, New York. The document guaranteeing religious freedom in the United States, the Remonstrance, was signed in John Bowne's house, which is also located in Flushing. Ironically, The Queens Tribune, founded by Congressman Gary Ackerman, attacked candidate Halloran for his religious beliefs.
- InterfaithUnityWAlkPart1 Queens Interfaith Unity Walk Thanks to all who came. Starting at: Hindu Temple Center, 143-09 Holly Avenue, Flushing, NY ADDITIONAL STOPS INCLUDED: Sikh Gurduwala, MUSLIM CENTER OF NEW YORK (GERANIUM AVE); FREE SYNAGOGUE (KISSENA BLVD); AND SAINT MICHAELS CHURCH (BARCLAY AVE)--For More Info nypaxchristi@ This community event is co-sponsored by: Pax Christi Metro New York, Pax Christi Queens, Muslim Consultative Network, and Turning Point for Women & Families, in coordination with the Sikh Community, Diverse Churches, Mosques, Synagogues and Temples of Flushing.
- Discovering Religion: Ep 17 - One Nation ABOVE God The seven***th installment of my original series, "Discovering Religion." In this episode I discuss the common claim made by Christians that American values and governing laws are based on Judeo-Christian teachings, put in place by our devoutly religious Founding Fathers. VIDEOS CITED: God and Politics in Lynchburg, Tennessee Sarah Palin says America is a Christian Nation on Bill O'Reilly FOX: Congress Debates Biblical Stance on Immigration NewLeftMedia: Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" Rally - Interviews With Participants SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters TEA PARTY CONVENTION - Sarah Palin, Orly Taitz, Interviews with Participants Additional video clips featured in this episode were taken from the "John Adams" miniseries. QUOTES: "Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Thomas Jefferson Notes on Virginia, 1782 "Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law." Thomas Jefferson Letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, from Monticello February 10, 1814. "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by ...
- Reverence & Remonstrance Professor Henry Rosemont Jr. shares new interpretations on the Classic of Family Reverence [孝經] with teachers and school administrators at the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas.
- What is Calvinism? - Synod of Dort Pt. 1 This is the original, translated, text of the Synod of Dort. The Synod of Dort was the assembly of Churchmen who met in 1618-1619 and set forth five heads of doctrine nicknamed Calvinism in response to the 1610 Remonstrance. These Cannons of Dort should prove extremely helpful because they do the following things: 1. Define Classic Calvinism 2. Help to give background to the debate and help us remember that these cannons were a response to another five points. 3. List many Scripture verses in their support 4. Include a list of denials along with the affirmations of each point 5. Give advice on the attitude which should accompany a discussion of these things as well as the comfort which they bring to believers. I thought that it would be helpful to upload the full text of the Cannons. Special thanks to the following sites that make the text available on-line along with other good publications: www.the-
- Marnin Spigelman Oct 4, 2010 remonstrance (1 / 3) Marnin Spigelman gives a remonstrance on October 4, 2010 at the Carmel, Indiana city council meeting. Part 1 of 3.
- Remonstrance - Stephen King Tribute A friend and I smoked a *** load of weed, read Stephen King's newer essay, "Why We Crave Horror Movies", and played music to what we read. The songs are named after our favorite parts. The music was recorded with a crappy little wal-mart microphone, a Jackson SL3MG with a BC Rich amp and a Boss delay pedal. The bass is an Old Ibanez Fretless that I'm playing out of a 50w Crate guitar amp. The weed was Alabama Kush and it was good ***. I highly recomend reading Mr. King's essay, as well. For a long time he has been one of my greatest heroes and it was a pleasure making this crappy music, that he'll never listen to, in his name. Please note that you have no clue how stoned we were when we made this, so to get it to sound as good as it did us at the time, you might want to recruit the help of Dr. Green Thumb. If you know what I mean.
- Jawab-e-Shikwa (Response to The Complaint) Part 2-Aziz MiaN qawwal presents Kalam-e-Iqbal for part 1 of Jawab e shikwa click on this link for part 2 of Jawab e shikwa click on this link for part 3 of Jawab e shikwa click on this link ------ Whatever comes out of the heart is effective It has no wings but has the power of flight It has holy origins, it aims at elegance It rises from dust, but has access to the celestial world My love was seditious, rebellious and clever My fearless wailing rent through the sky On hearing it the sun said, Somewhere there is somebody! The planets said, At the Arsh-i-Barân there is somebody! The moon was saying, No, it is some inhabitant of the earth! The milky way was saying, Somebody is concealed just here! If someone understood my Remonstrance Riîw«n did He understood me as the Man turned out of the Paradise ! Even angels exclaimed in surprise What could this voice be! Unknown even to the Arshs keepers what the secret could be! Is the mankinds reach really even to the Arsh? Has this pinch of dust also learned flight? How ignorant of good manners the earths denizens are! How bold and insolent these denizens of the low are! Is he so insolent that even angry with God he is? Is he the same Man who once worshipped by angels was ? He is the knower of Kamm, and of the enigmas of Kaif But, he is unacquainted with the secrets of modesty Mankind are proud of the power of their rhetoric These ignorant people are incapable of talking! A voice came Very pathetic is your story Full of restless ...
- Marnin Spigelman Sept 7, 2010 remonstrance (2 / 2) Marnin Spigelman gives a remonstrance on September 7, 2010 at the Carmel, Indiana city council meeting. Part 2 of 2.
- Remonstrance (June 1, 2009)
- SPOON RIVER 2.0 - Dorcas Gustine (Katie Jones) SPOON RIVER 2.0 (from the SPOON RIVER ANTHOLOGY by Edgar Lee Masters) directed and produced by Ethan Sinnott cinematography by Jose Saldana "I WAS NOT beloved of the villagers, But all because I spoke my mind, And met those who transgressed against me With plain remonstrance, hiding nor nurturing Nor secret griefs nor grudges. That act of the Spartan boy is greatly praised, Who hid the wolf under his cloak, Letting it devour him, uncomplainingly. It is braver, I think, to snatch the wolf forth And fight him openly, even in the street, Amid dust and howls of pain. The tongue may be an unruly member— But silence poisons the soul. Berate me who will—I am content."
- Winters Remonstrance Jackie Winters expresses indignation over handling of Measure 37
- Flushing, New York, is Proud of Its Religious Diversity The neighborhood of Flushing in New York City's borough of Queens, just outside Manhattan, has been a model for religious freedom since the 1600s. Back then, members of The Society of Friends, or Quakers, began arriving in what was then a Dutch colony, fleeing religious persecution in England. The colony's director-general barred the Friends from practicing their religion. In protest, the citizens of Flushing wrote a document called "The Flushing Remonstrance." The document pleaded with the governor to grant the Quakers the right to worship. Eventually, they succeeded, and today Flushing is home to more than 200 places of worship. VOA's Paige Kollock reports.
- Zhuge Liang's Northern Expedition Memorial Zhuge Liang composes his famous "Northern Expedition Memorial". IMPORTANT INFO: Most of this clip don't have English subtitles. I have included the English translation of the full memorial below. Note that the clip itself only mentioned some parts of the memo, since the full memorial is pretty long. ---------------------------------- "The First Ruler had accomplished but half his great task at his death. At this moment the empire is in three parts, and our country is weak; it is a most critical moment for us. Still, ministers are not remiss in the capital, and loyal and devoted soldiers sacrifice their lives abroad, for they still remember the special kindness of the First Ruler and wish to show their gratitude to him by service to Your Majesty. Therefore it would be indeed fitting that you should extend your holy virtue to glorify his virtuous memory in the stimulation of the will of your purposeful officers. Your Majesty should not lose yourself in the pursuit of mean things, quoting phrases to confound the eternal principles of rectitude, and so preventing remonstrance from honest people. One rule applies to the palace of the Emperor and the residence of a courtier; there must be one law rewarding the good and punishing the evil. Evil-doers and law-breakers, as also true and good people, should be dealt with according to their deserts by the officers concerned in order to manifest Your Majesty's impartial and enlightened administration. Partiality is wrong, as is one ...
- Crusher - A Remonstrance This is the last, but not the least song from my first unofficial album - A Journey To The Past.
- Troyanne Trainwreck [For the catchingdreamsxx contest] *IMPORTANT: WATCH HIGH QUALITY!!!!!! normal quality = UGLY The first thing that came to mind when I first heard this song: OMJ Demi Lovato totally read Concealed Remonstrance and wrote this song with Troy and Skyanne in mind! I dont usually dig Troy/OC thingies but I think we can all agree that Skyanne, despite being selfish, obnoxious, sassy and overall crazy, somehow snuck into our hearts. This is for all those who were rooting for Troyanne but never quite got it. lol I used tons of effects to give it that schizo feel :D A basic overview of the video: When Troy is diagnosed as Schizophrenic, people who thought they knew him (Gabriella&co.) dont know how to help. Then theres Skyanne Zimmerman (Mandy Musgrave), a loud ex-cheerleader who speaks her mind, has a bit of an alcohol problem and likes to write disturbing poetry. She constantly defends Troy against people who dont know him and puts Troy before her own wellbeing which annoys her boyfriends. They come to a breaking point in their relationship which is beyond friendship but far from a boyfriend-girlfriend setup. When Troy sees Gabriella with her new boyfriend, Dylan Parker (Drake Bell), he breaks down. Troy Bolton is a trainwreck and Skyanne Zimmerman slowly comes to the realization that shes in love with him. For the real, complete story: The song used is Trainwreck by Demi Lovato and the clips all have their own owners who are not me. Everything was borrowed for entertainment purposes only and ...
- Commons Remonstrance Goundbreaking Downtown Columbus 9-3-09 The Commons mall will be in the near future, with the groundbreaking we should see our mall within 1 year.
- Barack Obama visits Iowa City Barack Obama drops by Iowa City to push statist healthcare reform; but not without remonstrance from some local slaves...
- sambuca vol3 remonstrance sambuca vol3 remonstrance forged metal recordings 1997
twitter about remonstrance
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about remonstrance
“Unincorporated residents have spoken: We don't want to be a part of the Town of Fishers. Geist United Opposition representatives announced today that they”
— GUO to File Remonstrance Petitions " ,
“Blog Channels. Posts by Subject. About NYPL Blogs. Audio & Video. Digital Projects. Print The Remonstrance is considered by historians to be a forerunner of the first amendment of”
— The Birth of Freedom of Religion - Flushing Remonstrance,
“Gil's Thrilling (And Filling) Blog. Jan 24 2010. Pelican's Restaurant The remonstrance from a group of my foodie friends was vocal and animated when I”
— Gil's Thrilling (And Filling) Blog " Pelican's Restaurant,
“Profile of RemonstrancE. Registered : 02.07.2006 01:21. Last login : of the photos is illegal. Terms and conditions email: webmasterphoto- | skype”
— User profile of "RemonstrancE" - Photo forum, photo-
“The following announcement was written by the Bowne House Historical Society: Freedom of Religion in America to be Celebrated: A Call for the Descendants of the Signers of the Flushing Remonstrance, Peter Stuyvesant, Too On December 27, 1657,”
— Search for Descendants of 30 signers of Flushing Remonstrance,
“The official blog of Americans United for Separation of Church and State. York Times op-ed, the Flushing Remonstrance was an appeal to governmental authorities by”
— The Flushing Remonstrance: Celebrating The Anniversary Of An,
“James Madison on the separation of Church and State from Memorial and Remonstrance, including thoughts on the Teachers of Christianity. Religious Freedom”
— Motivationals | James Madison on Religion & Teachers of,
“( Henry James) "I have been a child, but i have never been on a quest for surgery island of inspiration blog. contact. Reading Adventures: Rebuilding the 'ruin'd chapel'. > Saturday, August-07-2010. A Humble Remonstrance by Robert Louis Stevenson”
— Tusitala - Teach! Teach! Teach :: A Humble Remonstrance by,
related keywords for remonstrance
- remonstrance in a sentence
- remonstrance definition
- remonstrance of flushing
- remonstrance of 1610
- remonstrance madison
- remonstrance used in a sentence
- remonstrance against woman suffrage
- remonstrance pronunciation
- remonstrance wiki
- remonstrance synonym
similar for remonstrance
- grand remonstrance
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- free online english dictionary
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- city officials
- flushing remonstrance
- the dutch
- freedom of conscience
- anniversary celebration
- dutch records
- freedom of religion
- british history
- charles i
- the english parliament
- king of england
- the english civil war
- the bishops
- members of parliament
- english statesman
- crown of england
- long parliament
- houghton mifflin company
- formal statement
- unanswered questions
- the american
- american heritage
- dictionary of the english language
- free encyclopedia
- formal protest
- free dictionary
- the earls
- king edward
- to the king of england
- jacobus arminius
- theology professor
- the bill of rights
- united states
- disambiguation pages