- This article proposes reconceptualizing most current education research programs to more Reconceptualizing research priorities and processes to focus more on implementation. — “Integrating Educational Research and Practice”, virtual.gmu.edu
- Batterers As Fathers: Rethinking and Reconceptualizing Policy and Practice Batterers As Fathers: Rethinking and Reconceptualizing Policy and Practice by David Mandel for the Non-Violence Alliance (2002). — “Batterers As Fathers: Rethinking and Reconceptualizing Policy”,
- reconceptualizing the relationship between scholarship and practice in the context of an urgent need Reconceptualizing research priorities and processes to focus more on implementation. — “Reconceptualizing the Goals and Process of Educational”, h2oproject.law.harvard.edu
- SSRN-Reconceptualizing ***ual Harassment by Vicki Schultz. — “SSRN-Reconceptualizing ***ual Harassment by Vicki Schultz”,
- Acronym Finder: RECE stands for Reconceptualizing Early Childhood Education (est. 1990) Introduction to the special issue: Reconceptualizing early childhood education. — “RECE - Reconceptualizing Early Childhood Education (est. 1990)”,
- BlackHat 2009 Day 2 – Bruce "Reconceptualizing" At the very end of BlackHat 2009, Day 2, I went to Bruce Schneier's talk called "Reconceptualizing Security." And, let me tell you, I was surprised that his talk was actually really fun, especially the Q&A in the end. — “Anton Chuvakin Blog - "Security Warrior": BlackHat 2009 Day 2”,
- 15th Conference Reconceptualizing Early Childhood Education: Research, Theory, Policy, and Practice Describe practices built on reconceptualizing principles, including work with children and adults in diverse settings;. — “15th Conference”, education.wisc.edu
- RECE Conference 17th International Reconceptualizing Early Childhood Education Conference Bethlehem June 2009 The 17th International Reconceptualizing Early Childhood Education (RECE) Conference provides the international early childhood community with a forum for exploring Pedagogies of Hope. — “RECE Conference 2009: Pedagogies of Hope”, rece09.com
- The Art of the Feud: Reconceptualizing International Relations Book by Jose V. Ciprut; 2000. Read The Art of the Feud: Reconceptualizing International Relations at Questia library. — “The Art of the Feud: Reconceptualizing International Relations”,
- Reconceptualizing Coviewing 1 Reconceptualizing Coviewing As a Kind of Mediation More and more studies have adopted the three-dimensional conceptualization of mediation as their framework for studying the effects of mediation on children. — “(Page 1 of 25) - Reconceptualizing Coviewing As a Kind of”,
- Readers of Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights and Maryse Conde's Windward Heights can easily become overwhelmed by the deluge of voices that permeate each of the respective novels. After sorting throug Premium Content Reconceptualizing the Plight of Isabella. — “Wuthering Heights Essay | Reconceptualizing the Plight of”,
- Read Reviews, Price Comparison and Store Ratings. Compare and buy from the best Australian stores at .au Reconceptualizing Teaching Practice: Developing Competence Through Self-Study. — “Reconceptualizing Teaching Practice: Developing Competence”, .au
- There is today a greater awareness that elementary mathematics is rich in important ideas and that its instruction requires far more than simply knowing the "math facts" and a handful of algorithms. Mathematics courses for teachers must reflect. — “W.H. Freeman: Reconceptualizing Mathematics: 0716771969”,
- Television 2.0 : reconceptualizing TV as an engagement medium. Show full item record Television 2.0 : reconceptualizing TV as an engagement medium. — “[email protected] : Television 2.0 : reconceptualizing TV as an”, dspace.mit.edu
- : Reconceptualizing Mathematics (9780716771968): Judith Sowder, Larry Sowder, Susan Nickerson: Books. — “: Reconceptualizing Mathematics (9780716771968”,
- The Gathering Clouds: Reconceptualizing Data. 5 comments | by: Dana Gardner April 16, 2008 You are no longer following Dana Gardner. Profile. Articles (146). — “The Gathering Clouds: Reconceptualizing Data -- Seeking Alpha”,
- The image of the ***ily dressed woman was reconceptualized for non-tejano audiences by supplying a tejano-centered understanding. Conclusion - Reconceptualizing Gender. Alcoff and Potter (1993) note that "Gender identity cannot be. — “Document View”, chicst.ucsb.edu
- Globalization and Environmental Challenges: Reconceptualizing Security in the 21st Century - Business & Finance - Computer Books - Half Price Computer Books Canada: new discount computer books always on sale. — “Globalization and Environmental Challenges: Reconceptualizing”, halfpricecomputerbooks.ca
- RECE is less an organization than an evolving group of early childhood educators who come together each year The call for papers and resulting selection and session organization process has been a site where we reconceptualizing have talked, disagreed, and sometimes fought pitched battles. — “reconceptualizing early childhood education”,
- Reconceptualizing the Literacies in Adolescents' Lives by Alvermann, Donna E.; Hinchman, Kathleen A.; Moore, David W.; Phelps, Stephen F. - 9780805853865, Price $41.55. Cheap Textbooks from - Easy. Fast. Cheap!. — “Reconceptualizing the Literacies in Adolescents' Lives”,
- Reconceptualizing the Literacies in Adolescents' Lives Books. — “Reconceptualizing the Literacies in Adolescents' Lives”,
- Reconceptualizing career success. HUGH P. GUNZ. 1 * AND PETER A. HESLIN Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Mississauga, Ontario,. — “Reconceptualizing career success”, pheslin.cox.smu.edu
- Reconceptualizing the Fundraising Responsibilities of Head Coaches. The donor cultivation opportunities presented by athletics are so extensive that fundraising responsibilities should not be limited to development staff or the athletics director. — “Reconceptualizing the Fundraising Responsibilities of Head”,
related videos for reconceptualizing
- John Dominic Crossan: Jesus The Parable of God Mark's is the first of the written gospels. It's really the one that establishes... the life of Jesus as a story form. It develops a narrative from his early career, through ...the main points of his life and culminat[es] in his death. And, as such, it sets the pattern for all the later gospel traditions. We know that both Matthew and Luke used Mark, as a source in their composition and it's also probable that even John knew something of Mark in tradition. So, Mark is really the one that sets the stage for all the later Christian gospel writings. For Mark, Jesus is a somewhat enigmatic figure and that's very important to his way of telling the story. Jesus is mysterious. Jesus intentionally keeps people from understanding who he really is, at times. At times, Jesus actually silences the demons who would announce his true identity. When he performs a miracle, he tells people, don't say anything to anyone about what I have done. He even takes the disciples away, off into a corner, and teaches them privately so that others won't hear and understand the message. He seems to be a very secretive kind of figure in Mark's gospel. Now, why does Mark tell the story this way? It seems to be the case that he uses this motif of secrecy and misunderstanding as a way of reconceptualizing the image of Jesus. There's something about the the previous understandings of Jesus, even within the Christian community, that Mark feels compelled now to correct and to give a new meaning for, and it ...
- Chef Michael B. Jacobs Demo Reel Chef Michael B. Jacobs' cooking has garnered praise in a slew of major publications, including The New York Times, New York Magazine, New York Post, USA Today, The Miami Herald, South Florida Sun-Sentinel and Ocean Drive. Armed with a larger-than-life personality, he has appeared as a contestant on several national Food Network television shows, including the "Food Challenge" series and "Chopped." Jacobs currently is the CEO of Miami Beach's Strategic Hospitality Group, a restaurant and hospitality consulting firm that he founded in 2009. SHG focuses on turnkey food and beverage services, from development, implementation, management and staffing of new restaurants, to evaluation and re-conceptualizing of non-performing restaurants, as well as high-end catering, event coordination, and personalized concierge services. Never one to stray far from the kitchen, Jacobs joined The Miami Heat as the team's food service provider in 2009. He oversees a tightknit group of chefs who keep the players, coaches and support staff well fed with delicious, nutritious fare, from large-scale catered meals to individually-tailored snacks. To contact Chef Michael B. Jacobs or Strategic Hospitality Group Miami, please visit , email info@ or call 305-868-7442
- Dr. E. Gordon Gee 08.05.11 Dr. E. Gordon Gee, President, Ohio State University, speaks about re-conceptualizing the university, and how universities in Ohio are working toward a common goal.
- Resonate Idol 2011.mp4 Resonate is a bi-annual Singing Competition event organized by PUSHmusic Records to scout for talents in singing, dancing or even instrument playing. For the past 3 years (2008 / 2009 / 2010), Resonate has been an event of showcasing of talents in Singing, Dancing and Instrument playing and also creating a platform for the talents to showcase. In the year 2011, the Artistes Academy Division has decided to conceptualize 'Resonate to a Singing Competition (Open Category). Reconceptualizing will allow the public to understand better about this event and its purpose. As it is not just about showcasing performances and creating platform for the talents but to also creating a better understanding and appreciation for music and last but not least, to groom up coming and promising youth talents in the arts and entertainment field. 'Resonate Idol 2011' was held at *SCAPE Warehouse on 12th November 2011. We would like to congratulate the top 5 Grand Finalists (Sherman Toh / Syawal / Insyirah Razin / Lim Hysen & Juliana Lee) for making it through to the Grand Final.
- CS & IT Symposium 2010: All the Women are Macs, All the PCs are Men, and the Rest of Us are Linux Computer Science Teachers Association Computer Science and Information Technology Symposium July 13, 2010 All the Women are MACs, All the PCs are Men, and the Rest of Us are Linux Presented by Kimberley Scott Too often, discussions of technological equity concern either race or gender. Such an approach informs our teaching practices, policies, and funding strategies. Despite these efforts, a digital divide persists. In this presentation, we explore how the either-or approach needs to be replaced by an and-both assumption. Using an interactive format, we consider why discussions of gender equity in technology should include girls' multiple identities; how this shift can transform our actions; and what emerging research suggests for shaping our deeds as practitioners, designers, policy makers, and individuals interested in closing the divide. To these ends, we will link theory to practice and identify resources to actualize our intent. For more information, please see
- TEDxPSU - Bruce Schneier - Reconceptualizing Security Bruce Schneier is an internationally-renowned security technologist and author. Described by The Economist as a "security guru," he is best known as a refreshingly candid and lucid security critic and commentator. When people want to know how security really works, they turn to Schneier. His first bestseller, "Applied Cryptography," explained how the arcane science of secret codes actually works and was described by Wired as "the book the National Security Agency wanted never to be published." His book on computer and network security, "Secrets and Lies," was called by Fortune "[a] jewel box of little surprises you can actually use." "Beyond Fear" tackles the problems of security from the small to the large: personal safety, crime, corporate security, national security. His current book, "Schneier on Security," offers insight into everything from the risk of identity theft (vastly overrated) to the long-range security threat of unchecked presidential power and the surprisingly simple way to tamper-proof elections. Regularly quoted in the media — and subject of an Internet meme — he has testified on security before the US Congress on several occasions and has written articles and op-eds for many major publications, including The New York Times, The Guardian, Forbes, Wired, Nature, and The Washington Post. Schneier also publishes a free monthly newsletter, Crypto-Gram, with more than 150000 readers. In its 10 years of regular publication, Crypto-Gram has become one of the ...
- Identity & Biometrics - Bruce Schneier at CAP Security of personal information is also a concern of identification and authentication systems. “No ID system can be more secure than the breeder documents used to get that ID,” says Bruce Schneier. If a birth certificate is used to obtain an ID card, the ID itself cannot be more reliable than the birth certificate, because that is “the breeder document.” It was easy for the September 11 terrorists to obtain authentic IDs from the DMV by bribing a DMV clerk. “If the issuance procedures have flaws—and they all will—that will hurt security.”
- Sign Up Today! 2010 Women's Leadership Forum: Re-Conceptualizing Business The Santa Cruz Chamber of Commerce Women in Business community is proud to present their 2010 Leadership Forum: Re-Conceptualizing Business. This year's forum will take place on Thursday September 23rd from 8am to 3pm at the Cocoanut Grove. Attendees will hear from Nancy Austin, co-author of "A Passion for Excellence" on Leadership Untamed, Joie Seldon on creating relationships at lightning speed, and a panel of experts on portfolio careers. Register today at
- Perriello on Edison 2 and New Energy Innovation 09/07/10--At his town hall meeting in Charlottesville, Rep. Tom Perriello discussed innovative ideas to reduce dependency on foreign oil. This includes revolutionary improvements in vehicle efficiency like those being developed by Oliver Kuttner's Charlottesville-based Edison 2 team who is currently in contention for the $10 million X-prize for a vehicle that gets over 100 mpg.
- "Homo Diaspora": Reading Futurist Language Fiction as Translational Histories - Joshua Miller A flurry of 21st century novels have appeared that could be described as linguistic dystopian fiction. Channeling apocalyptic millennial sentiments of both comfortable cosmopolitans and desperate transnational migrants, such language science fictions represent futurist or alternative multilingual worlds in which semiotic and translational problems generate ontological ruptures. But what do the language crises depicted in such novels as China Miéville's Embassytown (2011) and Ben Marcus's The Flame Alphabet (2012) signify? One of the many intriguing dimensions of these works is their intertextual dialogue with a longer tradition of linguist(ic) narratives. This paper will examine recent literary and cinematic portrayals of linguists and translators within multilingual worlds in light of 20th century philosophies of languages. Reconceptualizing literary history in relation to (inter)national language politics offers insights into and raises question for current conversations on global/planetary literatures. Linguists, critical theorists, historians, and literary critics have discussed the institutional and cultural practices responding to notions of national monolingualism. Drawing on my discussion of these intersections in Accented America, my talk will center on mixed-language fictions that engage the postnational tensions of migrancy and the paradoxes linking what Svetlana Boym calls "off-modern panic" to lexical features of the everyday in old and new media environments ...
- Re-Conceptualizing International Law Frameworks in Response to the Threat of Cyber Warfare International Law and the Internet: Adapting Legal Frameworks in Response to Online Warfare and Revolutions Fueled by Social Media Presented by the Emory International Law Review and Emory's Center for International and Comparative Law
- Fortune 500 Blogs: Research Presentation UGA Grady College PR undergraduate students Abby R. Marcinko, Casey N. Carter, Courtney A. Garmhaus, Erin E. Wilson, Jason H. Davis, Katie A. Brown, Kayla M. Payne, Elizabeth M. Peterson, Staci L. Dale and Tessa V. Baker present their original research "Closing the Loop: Reconceptualizing Message Control and Creating Dialogic Loop through the Maintenance of Corporate Weblog." This study content ***yzed Fortune 500 corporate weblogs to measure relationship building through the historically influential features of dialogic theory. Findings showed that these weblogs varied in fulfillment of dialogic potential. This study additionally investigated the presence of *** conversations through content ***ysis and a natural experiment. The results showed that in nearly half of the instances in which a negative comment was published, a *** conversation took place, meaning a third-party commenter publicly defended the corporation. This study identified the need for corporations and public relations practitioners to consider dialogic principles when launching or maintaining a weblog. This ***ysis helps show that incorporating conversation building tools and increasing transparency help complete the dialogic loop and build strong online relationships. This research was conducted as a part of Dr. Kaye Sweetser's fall 2009 ADPR 3510 undergraduate Public Relations Research class at UGA's Grady College. Their final research report is at podcasting.gcsu.edu
- Celebrated Miami Chef, Michael B Jacobs, TV, Special Event and Food Network Appearances Chef Michael B. Jacobs' cooking has garnered praise in a slew of major publications, including The New York Times, New York Magazine, New York Post, USA Today, The Miami Herald, South Florida Sun-Sentinel and Ocean Drive. Armed with a larger-than-life personality, he has appeared as a contestant on several national Food Network television shows, including the "Food Challenge" series and "Chopped." Jacobs currently is the CEO of Miami Beach's Strategic Hospitality Group, a restaurant and hospitality consulting firm that he founded in 2009. SHG focuses on turnkey food and beverage services, from development, implementation, management and staffing of new restaurants, to evaluation and re-conceptualizing of non-performing restaurants, as well as high-end catering, event coordination, and personalized concierge services. Never one to stray far from the kitchen, Jacobs joined The Miami Heat as the team's food service provider in 2009. He oversees a tightknit group of chefs who keep the players, coaches and support staff well fed with delicious, nutritious fare, from large-scale catered meals to individually-tailored snacks. To contact Chef Michael B. Jacobs or Strategic Hospitality Group Miami, please visit , email info@ or call 305-868-7442
- Intergrative Learning: Challenges & Opportunities Part 3 Visiting speaker, Dr. Pat Hutchings speaks on the challenges and opportunities involved with integrated learning.
- CTS_Empire by artist Eric Doeringer (after Andy Warhol) Eric Doeringer, Empire (after Andy Warhol), 2012, digital video, unique, 8 hours. (this is a 2.5 minute clip of the 8 hour video.) Doeringer is well know for appropriating art works from contemporary masters. He has built a decade old career out of the process. For him, it is not so much the act of copying, but the act of extending; elongating the works through time in ways the original artist may have suggested art works should live in conversation. He has a particularly academic, almost anthropological manner in his re-conceptualizing conceptual art works. Eric Doeringer's "Empire" (2012) was shot on the same day as Warhol's original "Empire" (1964) July 25--26 from 8:06 pm to 2:42 am Warhol's "Empire" was recorded on 16mm film, Doeringer's on digital video. Warhol shot "Empire" from the 41st floor of the Time-Life Building in Manhattan, Doeringer shot his from the rooftop of artist Disney Nasa Borg studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The question is, can one really be thought of as "better" than the other? Is filming the empire state building an act, in itself, that can be considered "original"? Find out more about the artist:
- Social Media High School For educational purposes only. Video project for DTC 375- Language, Texts and Technology If Social Media were a high school, what popular social media site would best characterize a high school stereotype? Watch & Learn! Video is an example of transmedia and social technology. Taking the same idea from an print perspective (in this case a info-graphic) and converting the text into another medium and re-conceptualizing the topic with my own humorous interpretation. WSUV
- Skin (Original Song) Original lyrics, got the beat from Try to fathom my words into feelings Like the word love resembles a quiet baby screaming And the language it's in doesn't exist Because the only thing I know with communication is the taste of your lips Watch me fall asleep, I'll pretend I don't know Because that's what they say you do when you're in love So tell me why do I sleep when I should be awake We're both asleep like it's as easy as the breaths we take Said everyone falls in love in different ways This doesn't feel like love it feels like glory days And maybe we're conceptualizing feelings that we have When in reality you just want someone to make them laugh Someone to talk about your day and have them understand Without the talks and the memories, there'll be no strings attached I just need someone to hold me when I'm feeling sad I don't need a man to come and fix me I'm already in half Don't talk to me about how you'll stay with me until the end Forever isn't a time it's an old friend A word used to prove to me all you are is broken promises My heart will always be vacant and I don't need occupants It's not about hearts and souls It's about the mind and skin Touch me, hold me, let me breathe you in Fall into the pouring rain And while you're at it say my name Moan a little and tell me you wanna make love to me again Said you swear to God I'm different from the rest I don't really swear but that's bull*** 'Cause I've read all the books and those things never ...
- Reconceptualizing Teacher-Student Relationships to Foster School Success 2011 Clifford Award winner Jessica Toste shares research on relationships between teachers and special needs students.
- Bruce Schneier at EWI Cybersecurity Summit 2010
- manifestTWEET #2 Thinking of ourselves in nature, not its masters, is a couduit for re-conceptualizing buildings and cities as non-toxic, living organisms.
- Reconsidering American Power: Reconceptualizing the Questio Roger Myerson, Dept. of Economics, University of Chicago: `A Field Manual for the Cradle of Civilization`; and Marshall Sahlins, Dept. of Anthropology, University of Chicago: `On the Anthropology of the Counterinsurgency Field Manual`
- When "Negroes" dominated "Arabs" part 2 (Zanj revolt) Sources: Even mistranslated, as Im pretty sure this is, a close look at it really makes the idea that the Zanj revolt was primarily a slave revolt seem less probable Al-Jahiz (776-869) born in Basra : Al-Fakhar al-Sudan min al-Abyadh (the prides of blacks over the whites) "The Blacks continue: coming from Abyssinia, we were Masters of the country of Arabia up to Mecca, and on all the country our law reigned. We put to rout Du Nuwas, killed by the 'Aqyal Himyarites. You, you never dominated our country.".... They say; If a Zanji and a Zanji women marry and their children remain after puberty in Iraq, they come to rule the roost thanks to their numbers, endurance, knowledge, and efficiency. On the other hand, the child of an Indian and an Indian woman, or of a Greek and a Greek woman, or of a Khurasani and a Khurasani women remain among you and in your country in the same condition as their fathers and mothers"..... "The Zanj also say : Among our good qualities are our good singers. As you can find among the slave girls from Sind. Also nobody is a better cook then the black slaves from Sind. Also moneychangers will never entrust their money then to those from Sind or their descendents as they are found to be better in those affairs, more alert and worthy of thrusting . One hardly ever finds a Greek or a Khorassan in a position of trust in a bank. When the bankers of Basra saw the excellent affairs that Faraj Abu Kub, a Sindi, had negotiated for his master, each of them took ...
- Negative and Positive Peace - David Ragland on Peace and Philosophies of Justice No justice, no peace? David Ragland, instructor at the Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, discusses negative and positive peace and how they relate to philosophies of justice, based on his current philosophy of peace education research. Negative peace and positive peace concepts are both defined, as well as ***yzed under the lens of justice philosophy. Visit for more information on writing for publication or joining our database of editors. This video interview was conducted at the Peace and Justice Studies Association conference of 2012 at Tufts University in Boston, MA. Interviewer Tom Hastings Editor: Erin Niemela
- Genocide: Worse Than War | Full-length documentary | PBS This film is also available at Watch Daniel Goldhagen's ground-breaking documentary focused on the worldwide phenomenon of genocide, which premiered on PBS on April 14, 2010. To see this and other full-length PBS videos go to . Please support your local PBS station at http "By the most fundamental measure -- the number of people killed -- the perpetrators of mass murder since the beginning of the twentieth century have taken the lives of more people than have died in military conflict. So genocide is worse than war," reiterates Goldhagen. "This is a little-known fact that should be a central focus of international politics, because once you know it, the world, international politics, and what we need to do all begin to look substantially different from how they are typically conceived." WORSE THAN WAR documents Goldhagen¹s travels, teachings, and interviews in nine countries around the world, bringing viewers on an unprecedented journey of insight and ***ysis. In a film that is highly cinematic and evocative throughout, he speaks with victims, perpetrators, witnesses, politicians, diplomats, historians, humanitarian aid workers, and journalists, all with the purpose of explaining and understanding the critical features of genocide and how to finally stop it.
- Designing a Survey Basics of survey design in higher education settings. This 12 minute video will cover the basics of designing a survey, with an emphasis on higher education and student life contexts.
- Mohsen Mostafavi, Ecological Urbanism at the 2010 Venice Biennale "We have to rethink how we address the city, and we really have to find alternative ways of reconceptualizing the city itself. One of the ways is really through this framework of ecology, seeing how the concepts of ecology and urbanization can really come together in order to produce new conceptions of urban development."
- Brian Massumi + Erin Manning. Coming Alive in a World of Texture. 2010 www.egs.edu Brian Massumi and Erin Manning lecturing about Coming Alive in a World of Texture: For Neurodiversity at the Thinking - Resisting - Reading the Political conference in Giessen, Germany, November 12th 2010 Brian Massumi and Erin Manning speaking about Autism, multiplicity, mind-blindness, and textures. In this lecture Brian Massumi and Erin Manning explore the Neurodiversity Movement reading from collected writings by Autists. They talk about multiplicities of existences, emergent relations in the environment, re-conceptualizing what it means to be "human" and what it means to be "autistic". Specifically they focus on neuro typical experience of experiential fielding, inter-modal modes of existence, intricacies of perception, environmental awareness, entrainment, and actively relational thinking. Coming Alive in a World of Texture: For Neurodiversity at the Thinking - Resisting - Reading the Political conference in Giessen, Germany, November 12th 2010. Brian Massumi, Ph. D., is a political theorist, writer and philosopher, and is currently a professor in the Department of Communication Sciences at the University of Montréal in Quebec Canada, where he directs both the Ph. D program and the Workshop in Radical Empiricism (Atelier en empirisme radical). He is well-known for his translations of several major texts in French post-structuralist theory, including Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari's A Thousand Plateaus, Jean-François Lyotard's The Postmodern Condition ...
- Making Science Stick: Developing the KT Plan A well-developed knowledge translation (KT) plan is emerging as a proposal requirement for health research funding in North America and abroad, and there is greater attention to research utilization and research impact in many aspects of disability and rehabilitation research. Dr. Melanie Barwick will discuss developing a KT plan as a part of a research proposal, or at the beginning of project planning, in order to increase the impact and reach of research findings to a variety of audiences. She will review the state of the scientific evidence for KT strategies and introduce the KT Planning Template™ (Barwick 2008), a tool that can assist with the planning process. This webcast, hosted by The National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research at SEDL, was held on February 23, 2011, and associated resources are available online at:
- A Deeper Meaning Given today's societal stigma of post-modern reconceptualizing the archetypes of life and eternity, a matter of opinion sways neither the mind nor the physical being of the masses of yesterday and tomorrow.
- We Found Love - video mashup Class project reconceptualizing a music video; the highs and lows of drugs & Rihanna. - By Gillian Berner and Aly Shoom
- Schneier on Security An interview with world renowned cryptographer, author, and CTO of BT Counterpane, Bruce Schneier. Schneier talks about how businesses can secure their networks and information as well as common threats posed to companies by doing business in the networked economy.
- Islamists: Re-Conceptualizing 'Moderates' and 'Extremists' The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs held a lecture entitled Islamists:Re-conceptualizing 'Moderates' and 'Extremists' by Alastair Crooke: Director of Conflicts Forum and author of newly published 'Resistance: The Essence of the Islamist Revolution' (February, 2009). Alastair Crooke is the UK and Beirut-based Co-Director and founder of Conflicts Forum. He is former special security adviser to European Union High Representative, Javier Solana and special adviser to the European Union Special Envoy to the Middle East Peace Process and adviser to the International Quartet. He facilitated the Israeli-Palestinian ceasefires of 2002 and 2003, mediated in the negotiations leading to the ceasefire declared by Hamas and Islamic Jihad in June 2003 and was instrumental in the negotiations leading to the ending of the siege of the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem. He was a staff member of President Clinton's Fact Finding Committee, led by Senator Mitchell into the causes of the Intifada 2000 - 2001.
- Giving God A Makeover PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION RESPECTFUL. All opinions welcome: theist, atheist, agreement, disagreement. A reply to: John Shelby Spong videos: The Roots of Religion: Bishop John Spong on the Bible as a source of truth: "Hell" as an invention of the church (THIS IS THE SHORTEST ONE, IF YOU'RE SHORT ON TIME, JUST WATCH THIS):
- Mark's Jesus - The Messianic Secret Mark's is the first of the written gospels. It's really the one that establishes... the life of Jesus as a story form. It develops a narrative from his early career, through ...the main points of his life and culminat[es] in his death. And, as such, it sets the pattern for all the later gospel traditions. We know that both Matthew and Luke used Mark, as a source in their composition and it's also probable that even John knew something of Mark in tradition. So, Mark is really the one that sets the stage for all the later Christian gospel writings. SECRECY AND MISUNDERSTANDING Mark retells the story of Jesus. He starts by taking a number of elements of earlier oral tradition. Mark seems to have a knowledge of at least one and maybe two or three different collections of miracle stories as a source. He weaves these together with other stories about Jesus, about teachings, about travels, about other things and makes those a part of his understanding of how Jesus' life worked and what it was intended to do. But, in the final ***ysis, Mark's gospel is really about the death of Jesus. It's a passion narrative with an extended introduction, some people would say. Mark tells the story by thinking about the death and letting all the events that lead up to that death move toward it and through it. So, it's the death of Jesus that's the guiding principle to Mark's gospel, not the life.... Mark tells the story this way in order to make sense out of the death of ...
- The Comics Journal No. 301 - video preview The Comics Journal #301 Edited by Mike Dean & Kristy Valenti; Gary Groth, Executive Editor 640-page black & white/color 6.75" x 8.5" softcover • $30.00 ISBN: 978-1-60699-291-3 The Comics Journal has been, for almost 35 years, the standard bearer of critical inquiry, discrimination, debate, and serious discussion of comics as art, and the object of love and devotion among the comics cognoscenti — and hate and scorn among the philistines, natch. We published our 300th issue in late 2009 and spent the ensuing year-plus re- conceptualizing the institution as an annual book-length "magazine" — over 600 pages long, chock full of the kinds of criticism, interviews, commentary, and history that has made it the most award-winning and critically lauded magazine in the history of comics. This volume features a focus on R. Crumb's most commercially successful project of his career, his comics adaptation of Genesis, including the most extensive interview he's given on the subject as well as a long critical roundtable among six comics critics reviewing the book and debating each other over its merits; plus: • An interview with Joe Sacco about his recent journalistic masterpiece, Footnotes in Gaza; • A peek into the private sketchbooks of (and accompanying interviews with) Jim Woodring, Tim Hensley, and the novelist Stephen Dixon; • A conversation between Mad Fold-Out creator Al Jaffee and Thrizzle auteur Michael Kupperman; • A complete full-color reprinting of the ...
- Pedagogy Among Mathematics Teacher Candidates Rochelle Gutierrez PhD University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. This presentation draws on Latina/Latino studies to offer education a potential framework for reconceptualizing knowledge and for engaging teacher candidates in a process that acknowledges the complex identities of students. Although many scholars have commodified Anzaldua's notion of border theory, I return to a focus on Nepantla. Problematizing teacher education programs that focus on the development of knowledge without experience in real communities, I will describe aspects of an experimental model of teacher education I have developed and offer examples of how teacher candidates move through states of what Anzaldua (1987, 1990, 2002) would call desconocimientos (ignorance/distancing) versus conocimientos (knowledge/connection with others). Finally, I suggest that beyond helping our teacher candidates develop a knowledge base and connection with Latina/Latino students, teacher educators may benefit from a focus on Nepantla, a liminal space that facilitates transformation. That is, our work of preparing teachers must help them not only recognize a state of Nepantla (to see and participate in multiple realities) but also come to expect the uneasiness with being in that space, while celebrating its potential to birth new identities and create new (forbidden) knowledges.
- Re-conceptualizing program development and evaluation in simulation-based training AMEE 2012 e-poster video. Presented by Dr. F. Haji
- International Handbook Of English Language Teaching ll4.me International Handbook Of English Language Teaching Volume I Policies and Programs in ELT: Changing Demands and Directions.- Acknowledgments.- Foreword.- Section 1. The Global Scope and Politics of ELT: Critiquing Current Policies and Programs.- Section 2. The Goals and Focus of the ELT Program: Problematizing Content and Pedagogy.- Section 3. Assessment and Evaluation in ELT: Shifting Paradigms and Practices.- Index.- Volume II Language, Learning and Identity in ELT: Reconceptualizing the Field.- Acknowledgments.- Foreword.- Section 1. The Learner and the Learning Environment: Creating New Communities.- Section 2. Constructs of Language in ELT: Breaking the Boundaries.- Section 3. Research and Teacher Education in ELT: Meeting New Challenges.- Index. EAN/ISBN : 9780387463018 Publisher(s): Springer, Berlin, Springer US Discussed keywords: Englischunterricht Format: ePub/PDF Author(s): Cummins, Jim - Davison, Chris Volume I Policies and Programs in ELT: Changing Demands and Directions.- Acknowledgments.- Foreword.- Section 1. The Global Scope and Politics of ELT: Critiquing Current Policies and Programs.- Sectio
- iCinema Centre - TVisionarium Mk II, Immersive Stereo 3D Environment 2008 T_Visionarium was created for the UNSW iCinema Centres Advanced Interaction and Visualisation Environment (AVIE), and it offers the means to capture and re-present televisual information, allowing viewers to explore and actively edit a multitude of stories in three dimensions. For T_Visionarium, 28 hours of digital free-to-air Australian television was captured over a period of one week. This footage was segmented and converted into a large database containing over 20000 video clips. Each clip was then tagged with descriptors—or metadata—defining its properties. The information encoded includes the gender of the actors, the dominant emotions they are expressing, the pace of the scene, and specific actions such as standing up, lying down, and telephoning. Dismantling the video data in this way breaks down the original linear narrative into components that then become the building blocks for a new kind of interactive television. Two hundred and fifty video clips are simultaneously displayed and distributed around AVIEs huge circular screen. Using a special interface the viewer can select, re-arrange and link these video clips at will, composing them into combinations based on relations of gesture and movement. By these means the experience of viewing the television screen is not so much superseded as reformatted, magnified, proliferated and intensified. It is the experience of this new kind of spatial connectivity that gives rise to a revolutionary way of seeing and ...
- DIY U: The Coming Transformation of Higher Education Description: Anya Kamenetz is bringing an entirely unexpected perspective on the future of knowledge, talent, and innovation. An educational futurist and the rare speaker on issues facing the Millennials, who actually belongs to this generation, she delivers audiences core insights into change, technology, and talent. On campuses, Kamenetz can help your students manage money better, choose career paths they are passionate about, and step up to become America's next generation of leaders. Kamenetz's energetic, informative and down-to-earth presentations draw on her own experience and years of research. She has insight into a range of generation-specific issues most relevant to people in their 20s and 30s: technology and social networking; flex time and work-life balance; finding career passion through engagement in the new green economy and social entrepreneurship; the rising cost of higher education and health care; and money management. Watch as she gives her presentation to the Hendrick Best Practices for Adult Learners Conference at Penn State University.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about reconceptualizing
“Contest(ed) Writing: Reconceptualizing Literacy Competitions (tentative title for edited © 2005-2009 by the Council of Writing Program Administrators.Content of comments, blog, and forum postings is copyrighted to the individual”
— marylamb's blog | Council of Writing Program Administrators,
“Blog. CYBERBULLYING AND ONLINE HARASSMENT: RECONCEPTUALIZING THE VICTIMIZATION OF Non raramente, sia nelle chat che nei Forum vengono presi di mira, con insulti e minacce, soprattutto i principianti (new user)”
“Reconceptualizing the Revolutionary in 21st Century Speculative Fiction”
— Reconceptualizing the Revolutionary in 21st Century,
“Alas, a blog - Feminist, anti-racist, pro-fat, plus whatever else we feel like talking about. 10 Responses to Miss Navajo: Reconceptualizing Native American Beauty”
— Miss Navajo: Reconceptualizing Native American Beauty | Alas,
“Blog Traffic. Since October 1, 2004. Blogware. Powered by TypePad. Notices © Copyright All Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Reconceptualizing Affirmative Action:”
— Workplace Prof Blog: Reconceptualizing Affirmative Action,
“Bruce Schneier's "Reconceptualizing Security" talk http:///watch?v=CGd_M_CpeDI A great 20-minute introduction to the Schneier worldview. The premise is that "security" can refer to the”
— Small Sample-Size Theater - Bruce Schneier's,
“While "privacy" on social network sites remains a highly ambiguous notion, much debate surrounding the issue to date has focused on privacy as the nonpublic-ness of personal information. However, as these social platforms become sites for”
— Reconceptualizing Privacy on Social Network(s) Sites — Centre, cis-
“Unfortunately, the PDF on the website is scanned, so it's hard to copy and paste sections into this blog. "the PDF on the website is scanned, so it's hard to copy and paste sections into this blog"”
— Schneier on Security: Reconceptualizing National Intelligence,
related keywords for reconceptualizing
similar for reconceptualizing
- textbook search
- two adolescents
- adolescent literacy
- cheap textbooks
- early childhood education
- education conference
- conference theme
- bethlehem city
- conference proceedings
- good web design
- early childhood
- conference venue
- dalton state college
- common good
- early childhood community
- acronym finder
- postal codes
- html link
- mla style
- chicago style
- apa style
- mathematics courses
- mathematics teachers
- elementary mathematics
- prospective teachers
- intellectual depth
- teachers need
- greater awareness
- math facts
- elementary school curriculum
- the conference board
- mathematical sciences
- domestic violence
- child protection
- national *** dating abuse helpline
- batterer intervention programs
- david mandel
- social work processes
- family violence prevention fund
- national domestic violence hotline
- ***ual harassment
- vicki schultz
- hostile work environment
- new account
- yale law school