- And, that the United States, in Congress assembled, may have due notice of the assent and ratification of the said Constitution by this Convention, it is And that the United States in Congress Assembled may have due notice of the assent & Ratification of the sd Constitution by this Convention. — “The Constitution For The United States, Its Sources and Its”,
- Ratification.—In 1992, the Nation apparently ratified a long-quiescent 27th Amendment, to the surprise of just about everyone. That there existed a "reasonable" time period for ratification was strongly controverted.33 The Office of Legal Counsel of the. — “Proposing a Constitutional Amendment - United States Constitution”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Ratification - Definition and More from the Free Merriam”, merriam-
- Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification. Success in putting the ERA into the Constitution via this process would require passage by a two-thirds in each house of Congress and ratification by 38 states. — “History”,
- Featuring readings, legal cases, and links pertaining to the nine***th amendment. the women suffrage amendment was finally mustered in Congress, and the proposed amendment was sent to the states for ratification. — “Women's Fight for the Vote: The Nine***th Amendment”, law.umkc.edu
- The table below shows the status of Ratification, Accession, or Approval of the agreements on the protection of the stratospheric ozone layer as provided by the Depositary, the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs, New York. You could also:. — “Status of Ratification - The Ozone Secretariat”,
- Definition of ratification in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of ratification. Pronunciation of ratification. Translations of ratification. ratification synonyms, ratification antonyms. Information about ratification in the free online English. — “ratification - definition of ratification by the Free Online”,
- The variable on ratification is based on descriptions in national The broader the political support necessary for ratification, the higher the hurdle. — “Research on ratification rules for Beth Simmons”, wcfia.harvard.edu
- Together for Justice - Civil society in 150 countries advocating for a fair, effective and independent ICC. Supporting ratification of the Rome Statute of the ICC is crucial to making the membership in the ICC truly global and universal. — “Ratification of the Rome Statute”,
- Naturally for something as significant as the U.S. Constitution, ratification of an Amendment is extremely important and serious, typos, spelling and anything that is not an exact copy of the Amendment is utterly unacceptable, this is no pre-school project. — “ratification”,
- In contract law, the need for ratification can arise in two ways: where the agent The ratification of international treaties is accomplished by filing instruments of. — “Ratification - Reference”,
- ratification (plural ratifications) the act or process of ratifying, or the state of being ratified. a formal declaration of agreement to a treaty etc  Translations. act or process of ratifying, or the state of being ratified Retrieved from "http:///wiki/ratification". — “ratification - Wiktionary”,
- In contract law, the need for ratification can arise in two ways: Where the agent The ratification of international treaties is accomplished by filing instruments of. — “Ratification: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full”,
- The Federalists led by James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay argued in favor of ratification, while Antifederalists, George Mason, Patrick Henry, Luther Martin and Richard Henry Lee argued against ratification. What was the big deal? Let's find out! The Task. — “DEBATE ON RATIFICATION”, score.rims.k12.ca.us
- Definition of ratification in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is ratification? Meaning of ratification as a legal term. What does ratification mean in law?. — “ratification legal definition of ratification. ratification”, legal-
- The states and dates for the ratification of amendments to the U.S. Constitution. — “Ratification of Constitutional Amendments - The U.S”,
- Ratification is the approval by the principal of an act of its agent where the agent lacked authority to legally bind the principal. In contract law, the need for ratification can arise in two ways: Where the agent attempts to bind the principal despite lacking the authority to. — “Ratification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- The role of Ratification in the history of the United States of America. — “Ratification”, u-s-
- Ratification is a process through which an agreement is validated so that it becomes binding. The classic example is a treaty, but federations such as the United States also use ratification for Constitutional amendments, and ratification can come up in contract law as well. — “What Is Ratification?”,
- Ratification definition, the act of ratifying; confirmation; sanction. In the United States, amendments to the Constitution require the ratification of state legislatures, and international treaties require the ratification of the Senate. — “Ratification | Define Ratification at ”,
- The ratification of international treaties follows the same rules as the passing of laws in most democracies. Ratification of the European Constitution. The process for ratifying the "European Constitution"—a proposed constitutional document for the European. — “Ratification - Definition”,
- Ratification. After the state delegations at the Philadelphia Convention had voted unanimously to endorse the Constitution, it was sent to the Confederal Congress which, after some debate, forwarded it to the states to be considered for ratification. — “--Ratification”,
- A ratification is the act of approving and paying for supplies or services provided to and accepted by the Ratification requests should be sent to your supporting procurement office. — “A F M : Acquisitions”, afm.ars.usda.gov
related images for ratification
- the North Carolina column into position next to the text Rise it will To the right of the crumbling Rhode Island column is the notation The foundation good it may yet be SAVED Courtesy of the Library of Congress Reproduction Number LC USZ62 45591 b w film copy neg
- The New Hampshire convention met on February 13 To the surprise of the pro Constitution forces it was discovered that a majority of the delegates were actually opposed to ratification Of the 108 delegates in attendance fewer than 50 were in favor of adoption According to Jackson Turner Main only thirty favored ratification And the going was so tough that the
- Ratification Map
- Unfair Labor Practice Strike Leads to Victory at L 3 Vertex Aerospace Coordinator Frank Santos center and District 725 BR John Fox far left celebrate with IAM members at Lemoore Naval Air Station in California after a hard won victory after an
- Remote Rural Paramedic Bargaining Committee 2005
- federalpillars mass3 png
- The UN Convention in Plain Language 62KB Map of Ratified Countries 558KB Human Rights and Disability 1 3MB
- research legitimacy > 14 Nov 2007 10 17 7 1K research html 14 Nov 2007 10 17 2 5K reagan gorbachev inf > 14 Nov 2007 10 17 81K peackeeper jaffna jpg 14 Nov 2007 10 17 195K
- Broken whisky bottle
- federalpillars mass png
- Alyse took home the Buckle for best colors The back is even more spectacular I booted my tire with a piece of gum and a toenail Write in in the competition for the most patches on a tube lost to an entry of five Can you beat it
- A rare sight Five of the seven existing Brass Belt Buckles in one place
- Ratification process at Gram sabha JPG
- For a larger image 1 58Mb click here Previous Page | Next Page
- color pictures by Sickrat black and white by Kevin Lyons
- Dance off
- and commercial issues on 1 March 2003 formally triggered the start of the 12 year transition period to free trade one of the fundamental planks to the Euro Mediterranean Partnership Ratification of the EU Lebanon Association Agreement by all Member States took place on 14 February 2006 The Agreement will enter into force on April 1st 2006
- Broken whisky bottle
- For a larger image 1 5Mb click here Previous Page | Next Page
- Dance off
- 37943 jpg 21KB May 09 2005 09 56 51 PM 20050529201540 EU Constitution Ratificat 68KB May 29 2005 10 49 29 PM
- Tennessee Ratification gif
- I booted my tire with a piece of gum and a toenail Write in in the competition for the most patches on a tube lost to an entry of five Can you beat it
- Ratification of Marriage
- Sep 23 2009 13 20
- 06ratification08 jpg
- 1788 Ratification of the Federal Constitution
- from New York published eleven of his six*** Essays Cato from New York published all of his seven Essays Centinel from Pennsylvania published four*** of his eigh*** Letters and Federal Farmer from Virginia published all of his eigh*** Letters between October 1787 and the start of the Massachusetts ratifying convention The
- Ratification of the Lisbon Treaty status as of 30 July 2009
- http www estrellaproject org lkif core time modification owl Ratification Class modification Ratification
- Puzzle 49
- CURRENT GRANTS The Delaware Humanities Forum provides financial support for public humanities programs through its Grant Programs We are pleased to announce that seven organizations were selected
- atmosphere stratification gif
- image003 gif
- Turner Main come to mind this overwhelming support in favor of the adoption of the Constitution is a great surprise and suggests that the Antifederalists didn�t have a fair chance After all in February 1787 Connecticut was the only state in the Confederation Congress to vote against endorsing the call for a Grand Convention in Philadelphia Perhaps Collier suggests
- For a larger image 1 58Mb click here
- Library of Congress Reproduction Number LC USZ62 45591 b w film copy neg High resolution tiff version
- C est pas nouveau Le message a été posté Le Lundi février 25th 2008 á 18 02 et est dans la catégorie Le Monde
- For a larger image 1 5Mb click here
related videos for ratification
- Operation Ratification-Rotten Apple taken from guru presents ill kid records
- RATIFICATION OF COMMENCEMENT - Sam Davis - Part 2 creditors in commerce winston shrout jack smith gordon hall brandon adams robert menard accepted for value A4v john harris commercial redemption free man on the land ben lowrey bashar john demartini tony robbins zeitgeist fractional reserve modern money mechanics money as debt fiat alex jones prison planet info wars project camelot TPUC
- GEFONT demands ratification of ILO convention 87 Speaking at the 20th anniversary of the CPN-UML affiliated labor union General Federation of Nepalese Trade Union (GEFONT) in Kathmandu on Monday, trade union leaders have demanded the government to ratify ILO convention 87, () is a leading Internet destination dedicated to bring you news, events, polls, discussions, forums about and from Nepal. Our primary objective is to bring "news as it happens"; quality news which is impartial, timely and independent. Our equally important other objective is to make this a web community for all people around the globe who have any interest, or need any information about Nepal.
- Jon Kyl on START Treaty Ratification "I think you have to examine three documents together: the nuclear posture review and many of the presidential intentions as expressed in there, like when we would use our nuclear weapons and how we're going to modernize them; second, the START treaty itself; and, third, the document that I referred to earlier, which is the plan that the president must submit that details how we will modernize both the facilities, the Manhattan Project-era facilities that are now very old and aging, and the weapons themselves, so that we will have a credible deterrent in years to come." -US Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl appearing on the PBS Newshour takes a look at the newly-signed nuclear arms reduction treaty -- the START Treaty follow-on -- and what it means for the safety and secuirty of America and our allies. Aired April 8, 2010.
- EPP - Jan Peter Balkenende on Lisbon Treaty ratification in NL Dutch Prime Minister, Jan Peter Balkenende, talks at the EPP's 2007 December meeting in Brussels about the prospects for ratification of the EU's Lisbon Treaty. EPP (European People's Party) Press Office
- RATIFICATION OF COMMENCEMENT - Sam Davis - Part 1 creditors in commerce winston shrout jack smith gordon hall brandon adams robert menard accepted for value A4v john harris commercial redemption free man on the land ben lowrey bashar john demartini tony robbins zeitgeist fractional reserve modern money mechanics money as debt fiat alex jones prison planet info wars project camelot TPUC
- HLPM should take initiation for ICC ratification: DPM Sujata Koirala Speaking at an interaction program on 'International Criminal Court (ICC) Review Conference: Significance of Accession by Nepal' organized by National Coalition for the ICC (NCICC) in Lalitpur on Tuesday, deputy prime minister and foreign minister Sujata Koirala said that the High Level Political Mechanism (HLPM) should take the initiation for the ratification of the ICC Rome , () is a leading Internet destination dedicated to bring you news, events, polls, discussions, forums about and from Nepal. Our primary objective is to bring "news as it happens"; quality news which is impartial, timely and independent. Our equally important other objective is to make this a web community for all people around the globe who have any interest, or need any information about Nepal.
- Womens Rights in China - Help rural women ratify CEDAW Women in Rural China have one of the highest suicide rates in the world - a fact often attributed to difficulties they face in a world in which they have little control over their lives. You can support women like this around the world by supporting the CEDAW (UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE ELIMINATION OF ALL FORMS OF DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN) Treaty and help women and girls fight violence and oppression, attend school and gain an education, own and inherit property, and take part in public life. We need Senate action on the CEDAW Treaty to give the US greater clout to help women worldwide claim these basic rights. For 30 years women around the world have waited for our country, the United States, to ratify the CEDAW. The United States is currently the only industrialized country in the world not to have yet ratified CEDAW. Tell your Senators to RATIFY WOMEN & RATIFY THE CEDAW TREATY without restrictions and further delay You can do so at easily at: And sign the petition to President Obama at: The urban/rural economic divide in China is very large. China also has a long history of domestic abuse of women. Many migrants, men and women, come to the cities and have no rights to protect themselves. Lihua Xie believes women's rights are human rights. She has created centers in large cities to re-educate women about their rights, that they are citizens of China, and to teach them how to succeed in modern China. She created ...
- Failure of the House to Ratify the FOI The video opens with a motion by House Majority Leader Arthur Defensor to ratify the Freedom of Information Act, which was objected to by Camiguin representative Pedro Romualdo. Romualdo is prepared to be 'condemned' for blocking the passage of the proposed legislation as he questioned the lack of quorum in the chamber 'as a matter of principle'. The clip also contains footage of two house members, Mandaluyong Congressman Neptali Gonzales Jr. and Valenzuela Representative Magtanggol Gunigundo who were seated in the session hall, but were among those listed absent during the roll call. CIBAC Partylist Representative Joel Villanueva and Manila Congressman Bienvenido Abante are seen defending the measure, while Akbayan lawmaker Riza Hontiveros appeals to Speaker Nograles to allow their motion compelling congressmen to attend the session. Compostela Valley Congressman Manuel 'Waykurat' Zamora briefly injects humor during the debates but fails to convince the speaker to let him assist in arresting his colleagues, as Nograles puts an end to the 14th Congress with a resounding bang of the gavel. While house members honor themselves at their closing ceremonies, movers of the FOI bill mull their loss, and their next move.
- US Constittution Ratification Debates: Federalists vs. Anti-Federalists -- Rey Ty
- CEDAW Ratification - Part 2 ADVANCING GENDER EQUALITY: The Impact of CEDAW Ratification on Women's Rights in the US Monday March 8 UN Church Center, New York, NY This UN Commission on the Status of Women parallel event was hosted by the American Civil Liberties Union and cosponsored by the Center for Womens Global Leadership, the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the US Human Rights Network, and Amnesty International. This clip features Charlotte Bunch, Founding Director and Senior Scholar at the Center for Womens Global Leadership (CWGL), Rutgers University. In December 2009 the world celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. The US is one of only seven countries that have not ratified the treaty. Learn more:
- MaximsNewsNetwork: RATIFICATION of COMPREHENSIVE NUCLEAR-TEST-BAN TREATY (CTBT) PROMOTED MaximsNewsNetwork: 24 September 2010 - UNTV: United Nations, New York -- Yesterday, the day before the 14th anniversary of the United Nations (UN) Comprehensive Nuclear-Test- Ban Treaty (CTBT), head of the Preparatory Commission for CTBT Organization Tibor Tóth told UNifeed, in an exclusive interview, that "we are nine ratifications away" from the entry into force of this treaty"; the Treaty was adopted in 1996 and requires the endorsement of China, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Pakistan and the United States to enter into force, Indonesia has announced that it intends to ratify in the fall. The CTBT opened for signature in 1996 and 14 years later it is approaching universal acceptance, supported by nearly all the countries of the world. From 195 sovereign nations, 182 have signed the Treaty. It has been ratified by 153 of them. Tóth said that with 153 ratifications "around 80 percent of the countries have ratified the treaty." Later yesterday foreign ministers of States belonging to the Treaty met at the UN in New York to promote its early entry into force. After the meeting, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called for the international community "to set the goal of bringing the Treaty into force by 2012." ...... ( UNITED NATIONS TELEVISION: UNTV ) ... .............................................................. MaximsNewsNetwork: News Network for the United Nations and the International Community. See: www.MaximsNews ...
- Barroso Calls on Czechs to Complete Lisbon Ratification ASAP European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso, pleased with the 'yes' vote to the Lisbon Treaty in Ireland, on Saturday evening called on the Czech Republic to complete its ratification of the treaty as soon as possible. The Czech parliament has given its green light to the treaty on the future structure of European cooperation, but its eurosceptic president Vaclav Klaus still has to put his signature under it.
- Poland Ratifies EU Treaty Poland Ratifies EU Treaty By Hilary Heuler Warsaw 10 October 2009 Poland has signed the Lisbon Treaty which aims to streamline the workings of the European Union. This leaves just one more country, the Czech Republic, to ratify the agreement before it takes effect. In a ceremony Saturday, Poland became the 26th country to ratify the Lisbon Treaty. Despite his personal antipathy towards the European Union, Polish President Lech Kaczynski signed the accord. Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk explained the government's reasoning. Mr. Tusk says the treaty gives an added degree of security to the nations that have suffered the most, and Poland is one of those. He says Poland is now ready to be a responsible co-leader in Europe, and this signature is proof of that. Earlier, President Kaczynski had said he would ratify the Lisbon Treaty only if Ireland did. When Irish voters approved the treaty earlier this month in a second referendum, he vowed to keep his word. But President Kaczynski, a member of the far right Peace and Justice Party, has long shied away from deeper involvement with the European Union. Even during the signing ceremony he emphasized that the EU should remain a union of sovereign states. Opinion polls show that most Poles support both the EU and the Lisbon Treaty, but a small minority still believes that a more powerful EU means loss of national self-determination. There was a handful of protesters outside the Presidential Palace in Warsaw Saturday morning. One ...
- A pre-ratification referendum in our time! The Tory leadership hold the Maginot Line
- Senators call for New START ratification Senator Shaheen on December 16, 2010, led a press conference in Washington urging ratification of the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty ("New START") in the current congressional session. Shaheen was joined by Senators Bob Casey (D-PA), Benjamin L. Cardin (D-MD), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Chris Coons (D-DE).
- Chuck Hagel: START will be ratified The START Treaty for the mutual reduction of nuclear arms in the US and Russia is still before the US Senate. Atlantic Council Chairman and former US Senator Chuck Hagel said the Senate has the votes and the treaty will be ratified. He explained that the Senate is taking its time to review the treaty in order to achieve a consensus in both political parties.
- Obama weakening as START ratification looms The START treaty is US President Obama's crown jewel when it comes to his foreign policy objective; however that is in danger due to the GOP holding it up in Congress. If the treaty is not passed before year's end, it will be in major danger of failing once more Republicans join Congress. The Hill columnist Brent Budowsky is optimistic the START treaty will be passed through Congress because many Republicans understand the importance of the treaty.
- VIDEO: Heinrich Statement on Ratifying Settlements In Two Significant New Mexico Water Rights Cases November 30, 2010 - US Representative Martin Heinrich (NM-1) spoke on the floor of the House yesterday in support of legislation that would ratify settlements in the Aamodt and Taos Pueblo Indian water rights cases, which have been in federal court for decades. The House passed the Senate amendments to HR 4783, Claims Resolution Act, by a vote of 256 to 152 on Tuesday, November 30, 2010.
- Ratify CEDAW - End Discrimination Against Women CEDAW - The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women is the international treaty dedicated to gender equality. The US played a major role in drafting the treaty and President Carter signed it in 1980, but we are one of only seven countries that has not ratified CEDAW. Let's make 2010 the year we ratify CEDAW. For the first time, there is a strategic, well-resourced coalition leading the effort, and we have strong support within the current administration and the US Senate. But getting 67 Senators to vote yes to ratification wont be easy and well need your help over the next 5-7 months. Young people from Milwaukee created this video to help spread the word. Please do your part to help. Upload a video response to support CEDAW. Visit /human-rights-womens-rights/cedaw-convention-elimination-all-forms-discrimination-against-women for more information www.aclu-
- Holy See Is First To Sign And Ratify Cluster Munitions Treaty The Vatican's top diplomat signed and ratified the Convention on Cluster Munitions, an international treaty which would ban the use, production, transfer and stockpiling of cluster munitions. The treaty also forces nations to destroy their existing stockpiles within eight years, and clear contaminated land within a decade. Archbishop Dominique Mamberti Secretary for Relations with States First, we want to express human closeness to the victims that the Holy See and its institutions wish to emphasize. We would then launch an appeal to all countries, the well known producers, exporters and users of cluster munitions to join the present signatories to make sure that the message of all the victims and all countries seriously affected by these weapons was heard. Cluster munitions are weapons which release hundreds of smaller submunitions, deployed by airplanes or artillery units during military conflicts. The submunitions are scattered during dispersal and make no distinction between military or civilian targets. And the ones that fail to detonate on impact often become antipersonnel mines which can kill or main people long after the conflict is over. Afghanistan, Lebanon, Vietnam, and Cambodia are some of the countries still dealing with cluster munitions in the aftermath of conflicts on their soil. 93 other countries signed the convention in Oslo, Norway in early December, but the Holy See was the first to ratify it. Card. Renato Martino President, Pontifical Council Justice ...
- Clinton: US Must Work to Ratify START Bob Schieffer spoke with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton who urged Republicans in the Senate to ratify a new nuclear arms control treaty with Russia, calling it in the national security interests of the United States and its allies.
- Roundtable on US Ratification of CEDAW This UN Commission on the Status of Women parallel event was hosted by the American Civil Liberties Union and cosponsored by the Center for Womens Global Leadership, the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the US Human Rights Network, and Amnesty International ADVANCING GENDER EQUALITY: The Impact of CEDAW Ratification on Women's Rights in the US Monday March 8, 2010 / 4:00pm UN Church Center, 2nd Floor 777 UN Plaza (44th St. and First Ave.) New York, NY In December 2009 the world celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. The US is one of only seven countries that have not ratified the treaty. As the UN Commission on the Status of Women undertakes a 15-year review of the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, the ACLU will host a roundtable discussion to highlight the need for the US to finally ratify CEDAW. The panel will feature US and international advocates for womens human rights sharing their perspectives on the value of CEDAW as an international human rights instrument, its implementation in other countries, and the real impact that US ratification would have on womens lives: Karen Richardson, State Department, Senior Advisor, Office of the US Ambassador-at-Large for Global Womens Issues Charlotte Bunch, Founding Director and Senior Scholar at the Center for Womens Global Leadership (CWGL), Rutgers University Radhika Balakrishnan, Executive Director of ...
- Operation Ratification aka NYG'z - Rotten Apple (1995) [HQ] Producer: Guru Released: 1995 ©: Illkid Records
- The 14th Amendment Ratification Unconstitutional
- Strike Update: CUPE 3903 Ratification Vote Coverage January 20th, CUPE 3903 Votes No. York's president issues a statement to the media.
- Shaheen leads call for START ratification on Senate floor Citing major implications for US national security, Senator Shaheen led five of her Senate colleagues down to the Senate floor on December 2, 2010, to express support for ratifying the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START).
- Poland ratifies the EU Lisbon Treaty Polish president Lech Kacynski signs the EU Lisbon Treaty.
- Ratification of New START Treaty Keeps America Safe Senator John Kerry called the ratification of the New START Treaty "a historic action by the United States Senate that will move our country to a stronger and safer position."
- Ratify the basel ban amendment! Greenpeace Toxics Campaigner, Beau Baconguis explains why the government shouldn't ratify the Japan Philippines Economic Partnership Agreement but instead ratify the Basel Ban Ammendment
- CEDAW Ratification - Part 1 ADVANCING GENDER EQUALITY: The Impact of CEDAW Ratification on Women's Rights in the US Monday March 8 UN Church Center, New York, NY This UN Commission on the Status of Women parallel event was hosted by the American Civil Liberties Union and cosponsored by the Center for Womens Global Leadership, the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the US Human Rights Network, and Amnesty International. This clip features Lenora Lapidus, Director of the ACLU Womens Rights Project, and Karen Richardson, State Department, Senior Advisor, Office of the US Ambassador-at-Large for Global Womens Issues. In December 2009 the world celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. The US is one of only seven countries that have not ratified the treaty. Learn more:
- Czech Republic's leaders at odds over EU treaty ratification - 07 Oct 09 Jan Fischer, the Czech Republic's prime minister, has told EU leaders he fully expects his country to back the EU's Lisbon Treaty by the end of this year. But Vaclav Klaus, the president of the Czech Republic, who some describe as a Eurosceptic, is openly hostile to the treaty and will not sign it before a legal challenge in the Czech Constitutional Court is heard. The Lisbon Treaty cannot take effect unless all 27 EU countries ratify it. All but the Czech Republic and Poland have done so. Jonah Hull reports.
- Obama to Medvedev: 'Yes, We Can... Ratify' Russia and the US have reaffirmed their commitment to slashing their countries' nuclear arsenals. President Obama says ratifying the START treaty will be a top Senate priority. It came on fringe talks with Dmitry Medvedev at the Asia-Pacific summit, which has wrapped up in Japan. RT on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- The European Union ratifies Treaty of Lisbon BBC News Broadcast 11-13-09. The European Union ratifies the Treaty of Lisbon, streamlining their government and creating an EU President.
- Shaheen: Ratify New START Now Senator Shaheen on December 16, 2010, led a press conference in Washington urging ratification of the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty ("New START") in the current congressional session. Shaheen was joined by Senators Bob Casey (D-PA), Benjamin L. Cardin (D-MD), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Chris Coons (D-DE).
- UNICEF: Ratifying the Optional Protocols to the Convention on the Rights of the Child NEW YORK, USA, 4 June 2010 -- On day three of the UNICEF Executive Board's 2010 Annual Session, discussions focused on moving towards universal ratification of the Optional Protocols to the Convention on the Rights of the Child and on the vital role played by UNICEF's National Committees. In May 2000, the UN General Assembly adopted two Optional Protocols supplementing the wide-ranging protections of the Convention. The protocols offer additional protection for children who are vulnerable to armed conflict or to trafficking, exploitation, prostitution and ***ography. "The Optional Protocols are a promise we made to all the world's children, especially to the most vulnerable," UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake told the Executive Board at yesterday's meeting. "It is time that all of us make clear that the Optional Protocols are morally mandatory."
- Shaheen urges ratification of New START Senator Shaheen spoke with MSNBC's Contessa Brewer on December 2, 2010, about the need for the Senate to ratify the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START) given its vital importance to US national security.
- Stop, Rewind, START. Ratify New START Now The United States and Russia have signed the New START Treaty, which would reduce the number of nuclear weapons—and reduce the risk that these massively destructive weapons might someday be used. New START, like previous arms reduction agreements, also gives the United States the means to monitor Russian nuclear activity and thereby protect our security. The Treaty is supported not only by the Obama Administration and progressive groups, but also by the top leaders of the US military and Secretaries of State for the last five Republican Presidents. The Senate needs to ratify this agreement right now.
- Senator Menendez Advocates for Immediate Ratification of the START Treaty Senator Robert Menendez speaks on the Senate Floor in strong support of immediately ratifying the START treaty in order to ensure the national security of the United States.
- UNICEF: Youth fight to ratify the African Youth Charter JOHANNESBURG, South Africa, 10 December 2008 Thirty-six youth activists from 13 African countries have gathered in Johannesburg to mark todays 60th anniversary of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The group joined by UNICEF Regional Ambassador Yvonne Chaka Chaka and UNICEF Advocate for Youth and South African television and radio personality Kabelo KB Ngakane also calls on African leaders to protect the rights of young people by ratifying the African Youth Charter. A new Charter for all Africas young people In the spirit of the historic Universal Declaration, the new Charter was drafted by the African Union with input from young people across the continent and endorsed by African leaders in July 2006. The document defines youth as everyone between 15 and 35 years of age and, once ratified by 15 of the African Unions 53 members, will be legally binding. The Charter sets out to address young peoples rights to a livelihood, to participate in decision-making, to live in peace and security, and to be respected. Watch the new hip-hop infused PSA featuring some of South Africas top talent To read the full story, visit:
twitter about ratification
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about ratification
“SIP Forum Announces Ratification of Version 1.0 of SIPconnect In my previous post "SIP Trunking is Hot!" I mentioned SIPconnect and how important sip trunking, SIPconnect, SIPconnect Certification, SIPForum, voip”
— SIP Forum Announces Ratification of Version 1.0 of SIPconnect,
“August 11, 2010 – Today, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton gave a speech on the new START treaty ratification in the Treaty Room in Washington. Her speech, as prepared for delivery, follows: SECRETARY CLINTON: Rose, why don't you come”
— Senate must ratify START treaty when it returns in September,
“Ratification "The forum is f-ing useless and Supersoulty is a typical Pittsburgh phaggot " - Now the 8th overall result when you Google "Pittsburgh Election”
“ chris jones's blog / Building the Case for New START Ratification. Printer-friendly the Democrats will have a pretty strong case for ratification”
— Building the Case for New START Ratification | Center for,
“CEDAW FORUM: The Unfinished Business of Ratification. Submitted by Kyla Bender-Baird on Baird's blog. Add new comment”
— CEDAW FORUM: The Unfinished Business of Ratification | ,
“Blog backs review your thoughtful and provocative online comments, amplify points, answer questions, correct our mistakes and SEIU Local 1000's decision to release its MOU ratification vote numbers proved once again that numbers rarely”
— The State Worker: Blog Back: The SEIU ratification numbers,
“"Celebrating 90 years since the ratification of the 19th Amendment, guaranteeing women the 90 years since the ratification of the 19th, google, Google 19th”
— Ratification | Blogoncherry,
similar for ratification
- treaty ratification
- international treaties
- free encyclopedia
- member states
- multilateral agreement
- the united states constitution
- legally binding
- the european parliament
- the czech republic
- ratification of the constitution
- ratification of constitution
- parliamentary approval
- american law
- law dictionary
- unauthorized acts
- legal definition
- ratification debate
- english dictionary
- houghton mifflin company
- online dictionary
- dictionary results
- state of being
- thesaurus browser
- medieval latin
- free online dictionary
- free online english dictionary
- state conventions
- confederation congress
- federalists and antifederalists
- recommended amendments
- new constitution
- constitution and the bill of rights
- american history
- the american
- state legislatures
- thir*** states
- the federalist
- massachusetts compromise
- income tax
- original version
- irs website
- the supreme court
- federal government
- new york
- the history of the united states
- history of the united states of america