- Literal meanings: 1. N., A roadway paved with a track made of rails, upon which locomotives push or pull a train of cars or trailers carrying peopl. — “Urban Dictionary: railroad”,
- Definition of Railroad in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is Railroad? Meaning of Railroad as a legal term. What does Railroad mean in law?. — “Railroad legal definition of Railroad. Railroad synonyms by”, legal-
- Railroad, *Best Sellers. Choose from a wide range of collectibles, including Chinese, Japanese, Asian collectibles and more at great prices. — “Railroad, *Best Sellers at Collectibls On Sale”, collectibles-
- Shop for railroad at Target. Find products like train, railroad sign and more. Choose from Pennsylvania Railroad Locomotives (Paperback), American Experience: Transcontinental Railroad and other products. — “railroad : Target Search Results”,
- 1st Place Hobbies - Source for HO, N , and G model railroad supplies, train sets, scenery, and accessories. Central Hobbies - One of Vancouver Canada's finest model railroad stores with an extensive selection of model train supplies, tools, books,. — “Open Directory - Shopping: Recreation: Models: Railroad”,
- Railroad Manufacturers & Railroad Suppliers Directory - Find a Railroad Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Railroad Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Railroad-Railroad Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- Located in Old Sacramento, the California State Railroad Museum is a complex of historic facilities and unique attractions. Widely regarded as North America's most popular railroad museum, there is something here for everyone!. — “California State Railroad Museum”,
- Railroad definition, a permanent road laid with rails, commonly in one or more pairs of continuous lines forming a track or tracks, on which locomotives and cars See more. — “Railroad | Define Railroad at ”,
- High-quality railroad articles, news, forums, events, links, and more!. — “”,
- A site for the archiving of historical and informational documents and binaries concerning Railroads, Railfanning and Model Railroading. — “W&H INTERCHANGE YARD: Railroad Link Listing - Catagorical List”,
- Railroad Express - Model Train O & G Scale Accessories We offer a very unique line of Model Railroad railway freight, cargo, right of way scenery and figures. — “Railroad Express - Model Train O & G Scale Accessories”,
- Many railroads roughly follow the trace of older land - and/or water roads Railroads can only compete fully if their tracks are techically compatible with and linked to each-other. — “railroad - Wiktionary”,
- Railroad pictures, videos and albums that take you on an armchair tour of the world we live in. — “railroad pictures, videos and albums”,
- Buy railroad, Collectibles items on eBay. Find great deals on Books, Toys Hobbies items and get what you want now!. — “railroad items - Get great deals on Collectibles, Books items”,
- The editor of Railroad History ensures that the journal caters to the reading tastes of all members, be they Given the popularity today of what we'll call an avocational interest in railroad history and railroad operations, it's hard to imagine a time when the "railfan" hobby had only a few. — “Railway & Locomotive Historical Society”,
- railroad, mode of land transportation in which flange-wheeled vehicles move over two parallel steel rails, or tracks, either by self-propulsion or by the propulsion of a locomotive. — “railroad -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- railroad ( ) n. A road composed of parallel steel rails supported by ties and providing a track for locomotive-drawn trains or other wheeled vehicles. — “railroad: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article”,
- In 1764, the first gravity railroad in the United States was built in Lewiston, New York. A railroad car is a vehicle used for the haulage of either passengers or freight. — “Rail transport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of railroad from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of railroad. Pronunciation of railroad. Definition of the word railroad. Origin of the word railroad. — “railroad - Definition of railroad at ”,
- Union Pacific operates North America's premier railroad franchise, covering 23 states in the western two-thirds of the United States. — “Union Pacific”,
- mode of land transportation in which flange-wheeled vehicles move over two parallel steel rails, or tracks, either by self-propulsion or by the propulsion of a locomotive. After the first crude beginnings, railroad-car design took divergent courses in North America and Europe, because of differing. — “Railroad — Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts”,
- 15,975 Railroad stock photos and images. Fotosearch Stock Photography and Stock Footage helps you find the perfect photo or footage, fast! We feature 7,800,000 royalty free photos, 95,000 stock footage clips, digital videos, vector clip art. — “Railroad Stock Photo Images. 15,975 railroad royalty free”,
- Definition of railroad in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of railroad. Pronunciation of railroad. Translations of railroad. railroad synonyms, railroad antonyms. Information about railroad in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “railroad - definition of railroad by the Free Online”,
related images for railroad
- Posted by beerzie boy at 06 46 PM railroad photo ©2005 mikhail wassmer Posted by beerzie boy at
- http americanabolitionist liberalarts iupui edu underground railroad jpg
- Original Image
- Nice work Some idea s industrial http www archives gov on ca english exhibits agriculture big big 83a threshing machine htm steam machines http www captainhops com wp content photos railroad steam engine jpg
- The Army of General Burgoyne 1902 29x53cm half size 583x1044pix 108kb ZOOM to 875x1566pix 181kb First Train of the Mohawk and Hudson Railroad 1893 384x911pix 101kb The Butler Hard Rubber Factory 1882 70x140cm 265x550pix 63kb + flash zoom
- railroad jpg
- railroad jpg
- Grazie Direi che il tuo intervento non è affatto fuori tema Quanto alla segnalazione la somiglianza è forte http www dl ket org webmuseum wm paint auth hopper landscapes railroad hopper railroad jpg http vampiraslair net images addams house02 jpg
- Choo choo
- The Railroad Le Chemin de Fer http www ibiblio org wm paint auth manet manet railroad jpg Boating
- Цитата Ваня от Срд 01 Октябрь 2008 20 27 01 http www photographersgallery com i full railroad turntables jpg хочу себе такое на столе
- Это только основные линии Германии http www germany visa info img railroad map gif А вот интересная и подробная карта по России Двойными линиями показаны
- link to bigger picture http fc05 deviantart com fs26 f 2008 094 a 3 Railroad by Enozekun jpg Camera Model Canon EOS 400D Lens and focal length EF S 18 55mm kit lens
- the old train tracks at jurong port road was removed this year too i think its connected to the one in your pic http i4 photobucket com albums y143 gordon008 blog railroad jpg
- outside Did you say they are free We will do it Well not me but dear hubby will We did have to hire some help and rent a stronger trailer than ours but they ties were free We do have a few extra but will fine a place for those We found a nursery going out of business and at less than $4 for a five gallon pot bought many of the landscaping plants we needed
- railroad 32 jpg
- to take their career to the next level and keep growing and learning tuition assistance will be provided for those that are interested in getting a degree in engineering or related field
- Railroad | 2006 10 02 14 23 22
- Railroad Rush Hour
- Railroad To use any of the clipart images above including the thumbnail image in the top left corner just click and drag the picture to your desktop You may also control click Mac or right click
- railroad 27 jpg
- tashkent railroad jpg
- Railroad brooke jpg
- Site Map Railroad bridge
- railroad jpg
- or1877 jpg
- http www rootsweb com ~lamadiso hi tallulahn2 jpg hurrying by boat http www rootsweb com ~lamadiso hi wntallulah jpg is a picture of downtown http www rootsweb com ~lamadiso hi h railroad jpg a picture of an obstacle to travel The race to get to the bank before the robbery is completed the attempt to apprehend the robbers
- website I must say If all the nominees to the Escapist election and supporters thereof are in favour of such travesties I don t know what I ll do I ll use the inordinate capital that my railroad generates I ll donate to each of them a notable effort in the location of their real parents or appropriate adopters And a slinky each
- http planetebleue c***blog com images boat people jpg Latin Studies online resource http www latinamericanstudies org 19 century railroad workers 1 jpg Online student writing http www mapsites net gotham01 webpages isaacs Immigrants 20seeing 20Statue jpg
- or1879 jpg
- I believe I have posted about this cemetery before but it is such a fascinating place that I had to go back This time the Nikon went with me and I got several great pictures Last time the
- http www mybob net clocks Astronaut jpg http www mybob net clocks Spaceview Chapter jpg http www mybob net clocks Railroad jpg http www mybob net clocks Alpha3 jpg
- railroad 24 jpg
- Railroad Worker2
- railroad 11 jpg
- The final festivities of the Townsend Days Celebration are Railroad Days at Little River Railroad Museum Activities include museum tours hand car rides walking tour of old Townsend and
- railroad preston
related videos for railroad
- Half Life 2 - Episode 2 - UNDERGROUND RAILROAD Follow me on Facebook: Follow me on Twitter: SUBSCRIBE:
- Chicago Ft Wayne and Eastern Railroad FWLI in Please watch in FULL HD and SUBSCRIBE!!! Thanks for watching Come and discuss trains in the Ohio/Michigan/Illinois/Indiana areas at: Check out the photos me and my wife take while railfanning at
- Skyrim Mods: Blackreach Railroad - Part 3 We get the train running and have to deal with some horrible fiends!...like...mudcrabs? Blackreach Railroad - Trainwiz Dark Knight Armor - Newermind43 Throwing Weapons - Troublecat Throwing Knives - Nez The Dance of Death - DaedalusAI
- Western Maryland Scenic Railroad: May 27th, 2012 On a very warm Sunday afternoon, Penn Rail Videos was trackside along the old Western Maryland Railroad, chasing 2-8-0 #734 from Cumberland to Frostburg. We'll see the train at various locations along the line. The engine will be turned on the turntable in Frostburg, where we will conclude our little adventure on the Wild Mary!
- A Great Railroad at Work - 1942 American Railroads & Trains Documentary Climb aboard the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad in the early 1940's and ride behind electric & steam locomotives and first generation diesels. This film also shows a wide range of buses, trolleys, ferries and other modes of transport owned by the railroad to help perform its core business of freight and passenger transportation. There are scenes from inside the workshops, in the freight yards, views of the "Yankee Clipper" and inside the luxury passenger carriages. The railroad infrastructure is seen, including the large stations. You'll even see trains being transferred via barges along the rivers!
- Norfolk & Western Railroad circa 1950 - "Operation Fast Freight" - Historic Freight Trains In this educational documentary we follow a boxcar eastward on the Norfolk & Western Railroad from Columbus, Ohio to Norfolk, Virginia as a part of an early 1950's steam-era freight train - No. 86. Track repairs and major shop work are also shown to help give a better understanding of what is required to operate a large railroad company. From The City Point Railroad (established in 1838) was a nine-mile railroad which started just south of Richmond, Virginia, from City Point (now part of the independent City of Hopewell) on the navigable portion of the James River to Petersburg, Virginia. It was acquired by the South Side Railroad in 1854. After the Civil War, it became part of the Atlantic, Mississippi and Ohio Railroad (A,M&O), a trunk line across Virginia's southern tier formed by mergers in 1870 by William Mahone, who had been builder of the Norfolk and Petersburg Railroad in the 1850s. The A,M&O was the oldest portion of the Norfolk and Western (N&W) when it was formed in 1881, under new owners with a keen interest and financial investments in the coal fields of Western Virginia and West Virginia, a product which came to define and enrich the railroad.
- Maumee & Western Railroad at Napoleon, Ohio "The World's Worst Maintained Railroad," running through downtown Napoleon, Ohio. Filmed August 8th, 2012. Thanks for watching! Please comment, rate, and Subscribe! Copyright 2012
- Skyrim Mods: Blackreach Railroad - Part 2 I get angry when I find out there's no Forge in the underworld of Chicago. Blackreach Railroad - Trainwiz Dark Knight Armor - Newermind43 Throwing Weapons - Troublecat Throwing Knives - Nez The Dance of Death - DaedalusAI
- Wheels A-Rolling : 100 Years of Railroad Progress - 1948 Trains Educational Documentary A history of transportation in America as presented at the 1948 Chicago Railroad Fair. The following information about the Railroad Fair courtesy The highlight of the fair was the "Wheels A-Rolling" pageant. This was a dramatic and musical presentation intended to showcase the development of transportation and the railroads across the country beginning with trails and waterways. The pageant included a recreation of the Golden Spike ceremony at Promontory, Utah, and various historic rolling stock and replicas of equipment in operation. Railroad equipment used in the pageant included: (Original equipment) Empire State Express locomotive 999 on display at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. No. 222 and coach No. 637, Zulu and combine car No. 10250 Cumberland Valley Pioneer and coach Empire State Express No. 999 The General (1948 only) John Han*** and coach Illinois Central 201 and coach Little Butter Cup and two coaches Minnetonka and two logging trucks Pioneer and coach Pioneer Zephyr Reuben Wells and coach William Crooks and two coaches William Mason and baggage car number 10 (Replicas) Atlantic and two replica coaches Best Friend of Charleston Chicago horse car DeWitt Clinton and three coaches John Bull and coach Jupiter (portrayed by Virginia and Truckee locomotive "Genoa") and combine car Lafayette and two barrel cars Pioneer horse car Pullman coach number 9 State Street cable car Tom Thumb locomotive and director's car Union Pacific No. 119 ...
- Using Google Maps to explore railroad track routes - Google Maps makes a fabulous research tool to use when studying prototype railroad track routing. In this video companion to the April 2012 issue of Model Railroad Hobbyist, we show how to follow the railroad tracks of the old Nevada-California-Oregon branch of the defunct Western Pacific Railroad (now the Union Pacific Railroad).
- Central Iowa Railroad Club model layout at the 2012 Iowa State Fair Central Iowa Railroad Club keeps an HO scale model train layout on the Iowa State Fairgrounds. This video shows what was running on August 11 of the 2012 Fair. The first clip shows the clubs new sign and lights outside. Models seen on the layout include: Montana Rail Link Norfolk Southern An ex-Burlington Northern engine Big Boy steam engine EMD DDA40X "Centennial" Southern Pacific Several engines marked CIRC for the Central Iowa Railroad Club ALCO Century 855 UP 1988, the Missouri-Kansas-Texas heritage unit The Kate Shelley High Bridge UP 1983, the Western Pacific heritage unit BNSF Santa Fe "Kodachrome" Santa Fe HO scale speedometer UP 844 steam engine (the real Union Pacific 844 was parked south of the fairgrounds this year: Indiana Rail Road HLCX ex-Union Pacific unit Amtrak Superliners
- Shortline Railroad Spur Historic Route Missouri State Route 19 through Center, Missouri (yes, I said Illinois at first, I forgot where i was!)
- 1950's Santa Fe Railroad - Right & Wrong Way to Deliver a New Television! The Santa Fe RailRoad produced the film "Pay Day" as a serious yet often humorous look at what happens if railroad employees don't do their job correctly. Follow the adventures of a new TV as it suffers all sorts of ill treatment on its journey from manufacturer to the new owner via the Santa Fe Railroad. There's all sorts of staged mishaps to see - from derailments, heavy shunting, hotboxes and various other problems to ensure the new Motorola Television doesn't arrive in one piece!
- Bill Borrelli's 'O' Scale Eagle Mountain Railroad 1986 A Moose Mountain Production filmed by Richard 'Moose' Ouellette takes a look at Bill Borrelli's Eagle Mountain 'O' (1:48) scale railroad. See Bill and his friends running the layout during operations in 1986. If you like our stuff, Please comment and/or subscribe!
- Trains on fire - Pennsylvania Railroad 1955 - "What in Blazes" - Historic Trains in America A safety film produced by the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1955 that discusses fighting fires on locomotives and teaches railroad employees about the type of fires they are likely to face and the equipment that is available to fight the fires. PRR diesel & electric locomotives feature throughout the film including some interesting trackside and in cab film of trains on fire. Many different locomotives of the PRR are seen including GG1's. The Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) was an American Class I railroad, founded in 1846. Commonly referred to as the "Pennsy", the PRR was headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The PRR was the largest railroad by traffic and revenue in the US throughout the first two-thirds of the twentieth century and was at one time the largest publicly traded corporation in the world. At its peak, it controlled about 10000 miles (16000 km) of rail line; in the 1920s it carried about three times the traffic (measured by ton-miles of freight) as other railroads of comparable length, such as Union Pacific or Santa Fe. The only rival was New York Central, which carried around three-quarters of PRR's ton-miles.
- New York Central Railroad Museum The National New York Central Railroad Museum is located at Elkhart, Indiana. Here is some information from their website: At the center of it all was the New York Central Railroad. Elkhart's National New York Central RR Museum recaptures the days when locomotives were symbols of progress, and ambassadors of goodwill across the country. The Museum was founded in 1987 and is an ever growing preserver of both local and national railroad heritage. Elkhart is a natural home for the museum; its railyard is among America's largest. Then, just as it is today, Elkhart was and is a vital link between East and West during our country's growth. Visitors enter the Museum through a 1915-built passenger coach. This area introduces a timeline to the local railroad history beginning in 1833 with the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern RR, and tracing it through 1914, when the New York Central gained control of the LSMS. At the end of the coach, the path leads through the Central System Gift Shop and into the Museum's main gallery located in a 100 year old freight house complex. This area, (the old freight house), features the history of the New York Central on the local and national level. There are numerous hands-on exhibits to help visitors "live" railroad history. A Gandydancer display lets the visitor "construct" railroad track. The Interactive Mohawk, 3001, Steam Engine display, with bell, whistle, and throttle sounds, letting every visitor live their dream of becoming a locomotive ...
- Oil shipped on railroad new milestone There is a definite oil boom in southeastern New Mexico. So much crude is being shipped, the oil industry is having to turn back the clock 30 years, hitting the railroads.
- Sid Meier's Railroads Mac Trailer All aboard! Build a railroad empire and shape a nation! Lay track, route trains and watch the world come to life in this compelling mix of train set and business simulator. Become the ultimate railroad robber baron with the drive to shape a nation, build an empire and amass a fortune. For more information, as well as system requirements, please visit the Sid Meier's Railroads minisite at
- Indiana Northeastern Railroad The Indiana Northeastern Railroad (reporting mark INER) was founded in 1992 and serves various communities in Northern Ohio and Indiana, including parts of Southern Michigan such as Coldwater and Hillsdale. The railroad has a unique roster featuring classic EMD beasts, such as two GP30 locomotives, two High Hood GP9 diesels, and several other GP7/GP9 rebuilds. In this video, ex-Pennsylvania Railroad GP30 #2230 arrives into Coldwater, Michigan with a short train to deliver to a local grain company. After picking up several loads, the train makes the return trip back to Hillsdale, Michigan where they will later be taken to interchange with Norfolk Southern at Montpelier, Ohio. The railroad is very Railfan friendly and offers a unique opportunity to photograph classic EMD power. If you're interested in Railfanning this line, check out INER's website at: INER uses frequency 161.100 (AAR Channel 66) for those Railfanning on their home rails. For those interested in catching the railroad interchanging on Norfolk Southern, INER uses Channel 18 when on NS rails. Thanks for watching! Please comment, rate, and Subscribe! Copyright 2012
- American Railroads Compilation Lots of action in this American Railways video compilation from BNSF, Montana Rail Link, CSX, Burlington Northern and Amtrak...
- World's Worst Maintained Railroad (Full Video) The Maumee & Western Railroad (reporting mark MAW) is located between Defiance and Napoleon, Ohio. It is a 15 mile long, shortline railroad. The line has three locomotives, ex-Illinois Central GP10 #16 (a GP9 rebuild) and two ex-Santa Fe Railway GP7U's (CNUR). Trains operate daily between Napoleon and Defiance, except for Saturdays and Sundays. This was a former Wabash Railroad mainline, which ran Westward from Toledo to Fort Wayne, IN. After the merger between Norfolk & Western Railroad and the Wabash Railroad, it became a neglected branch line under N&W, later being sold by Norfolk Southern to the Indiana Hi-Rail Company in the mid-80s.. Maumee & Western acquired the line in 1997 with financial assistance from the ORDC (after the Indiana Hi-Rail liquidated). The line passes through an area known as the Great Black Swamp. Combined with the fact that it was lightly built to start with, means lots of headaches. Maumee & Western, with continued assistance from the State of Ohio, has made some progress, but no heavy maintenance has been done to this track since the Wabash days (around 1964). The local port authority has offered to purchase the line, but Maumee & Western isn't interested in selling. The first scene takes place on Friday November 4th, 2011, in Defiance. #16 was kicking out several cars for Monday's 16-car long train to Napoleon. #5 (CNUR) can be seen at Defiance Yard resting her old GP7U carbody. #5 is often used for shunting freight cars at Defiance Yard, but ...
- Abandoned Railroad Crossings This is a film I made of abandoned railroad crossings left behind. The crossings and tracks haven't been used in about 20 years. Hillsborough County Tampa Florida 12/17/11 Video shows growth and trees growing thru the tracks.
- Skyrim Mods: Blackreach Railroad - Part 1 I decide to have some fun with the quest mod Blackreach Railroad! Blackreach Railroad - Trainwiz Dark Knight Armor - Newermind43 Throwing Weapons - Troublecat Throwing Knives - Nez The Dance of Death - DaedalusAI
- Railroad Crossing Safety in Michigan MDOT partnered with Operation Lifesaver in creating this video urging motorists to pay close attention when approaching a railroad crossing. The video also provides facts about state laws and safety tips about crossing safety. More information about crossing safety is available on the Operation Lifesaver Web site at .
- Grand Funk Railroad-The Railroad Grand Funk Railroad playing The Railroad live from caught in the act 1975.
- Go Karts on Railroad Tracks Yesterday two friends of East Jesus stopped by to visit. As they pulled up, I noticed they had some kind of strange device attached to the top of their car. It turned out to be what they called a Rail Rider, basically a self-built go kart specially designed to run on abandoned railroad tracks. I've seen a few of these vehicles online, but they were all pedal powered. This one was powered by a Honda motor, and boasted speeds of up to 30 mph. Greg and Troy were nice enough to take me along on their adventure the next day. While we didn't get to go as high up into the mountains as we'd hoped (no train tunnels -- dang!), it still made for an excellent adventure, and I can't thank them enough for helping me knock one more item off my bucket list. Check out the video to see the entire adventure. The songs used in this video were taken from the Creative Commons at . HisBoyElroy - "Revolve" : Pitx - "See You Later" : MORE PUNK NOMAD: Watch our other videos! Subscribe to our channel! Follow us! Visit our website and message board! http
- Willy Moon - Railroad Track Willy Moon - 'Railroad Track' b/w 'Bang Bang' Buy the 7" - bit.ly iTunes - smarturl.it Video directed by Michael Carter. Follow Willy Moon:
- Boy's leg severed on railroad tracks
- World's Worst Maintained Railroad on Very Bad Track Watch the full video here: youtu.be Maumee & Western Railroad Company (reporting mark MAW) is a Class III shortline railroad, located between Napoleon, and Defiance, Ohio. The MAW operate on a former Wabash Railroad mainline, which ran Westward out of Toledo to Fort Wayne, IN. After the merger between the Wabash and Norfolk & Western Railroads, the line became a neglected branch under the auspices of the Norfolk & Western Railroad. Norfolk Southern eventually sold the line to the Indiana Hi-Rail Company in the mid-80s. Indiana Hi-Rail operated for several years before being liquidated in 1997. The line seemed to be facing abandonment. However, the Maumee & Western Railroad, with help from the State of Ohio's, "Rail Development Commission," operates a daily train between Defiance and Napoleon, except for Saturdays and Sundays. This line, as you can see, is in dire need for repairs. However, costs are estimated in the millions. It's hard to imagine that this line was once a mainline on the Wabash. MAW has made some minor improvements with ballast, but other then that, the line deteriorates. Since circa 1964 (after the Wabash/N&W merger), the line hasn't received any major repair work. Therefore, MAW is bound to creepily slow speeds. In this video, ex-Illinois Central GP10 #16 (in a special Operation Lifesaver paint scheme) struggles to pull empty box cars through the small town of Napoleon. The portion of track through the small town is absolutely horrible. Subscribe for ...
- MINECRAFT! "UNDERGROUND RAILROAD!" (EP.14) PREVIOUS EPISODE youtu.be FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: bit.ly FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: on.fb.me MY NEW MERCH! : ------------------------------------------------------------------------ INSTAGRAM: JoeyGraceffa TUMBLR: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MY PO BOX! Joey Graceffa PO Box 5344 Culver City, CA 90231-5344 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Edited by Shawn Green
- Railroad altercation caught on tape An Oklahoma woman is suing the Union Pacific Railroad because she says an officer attacked her.
- Pennsylvania Northeastern Railroad: Daytime Operations Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! In this video, we'll follow ex-NS GE C39-8 #8211 head the PNR's "L160" train north to Telford. The train is operating over the former Reading Railroad's Bethlehem Branch, where years ago, 60 car loaded ore trains were headed up by big ALCO C630s, EMD SD45s, and GE U30Cs. So a GE C39-8 in operation on today's PNR is quite fitting.
- Union Pacific Railroad: Last of the Steam Giants One of the best steam railroading film of the 1950's this was made by Union Pacific RR. It shows the great locomotives that lead to the 4000 Class Big Boy. Railroad Historian Walter Gray does the introduction for the Big Boy and gives a little back ground history. Big Boy was the name of the Union Pacific Railroad's 4000-class 4-8-8-4 articulated steam locomotives, built between 1941 and 1944 by American Locomotive Company (Alco). The 25 Big Boys were the only locomotives to have the 4-8-8-4 wheel arrangement, which combined two sets of eight driving wheels with a four-wheel leading truck for stability entering curves and a four-wheel trailing truck to support the large firebox. The Union Pacific Railroad introduced the Challenger-type 4-6-6-4 locomotives in 1936 on its main line across Wyoming. For most of the way, the maximum grade is 0.82% in either direction, but the climb eastward from Ogden, Utah, into the Wasatch Range (Wahsatch, on the railroad) reached 1.14%. Hauling a 3300 ton freight train demanded doubleheading and helper operations, and adding and removing the helper engines from a train slowed operations down. The answer was to design a new locomotive, but for such locomotives to be worthwhile they had to be faster and more powerful than slow mountain luggers like the earlier compound 2-8-8-0s that UP tried after World War I. To avoid locomotive changes, the new class would need to pull long trains at sustained speed—60 miles per hour —once past the mountain ...
- AWESOME Railroad Hotel View! Railroad action seen from room 411 of the Holiday Inn in Cumberland Maryland. When registering this room I made sure to request one with a good view of the railroad tracks. The staff did a great job in looking out for us. If you are ever in the Cumberland area, I recommend staying here since the rail volume is high and the view is great. Footage was recorded on Wednesday July 11, 2012. Main highlights of this clip are the FRA inspection train and the combined Capital Limited 40th anniversary Amtrak set. Highlights: 00:00 Eastbound auto-rack train with a GEVO and a HLCX SD40-2 00:29 Remote Control SD40-2 8418 01:07 FRA inspection train with engine 2797 02:42 Eastward loaded coal train with engines 813 an 335 03:25 Chicago bound Amtrak Capital Limited with the Amtrak 40th Anniversary consist up front stopping at the station 05:14 Short eastward mixed freight with a GP15-1 in the consist passing the stopped Amtrak 05:30 Amtrak departing Cumberland. We barely made it to the edge of the supermarket parking lot to catch it departing 06:39 Westward auto rack train 07:01 Locomotive shuffle with an SD70 and a GEVO All footage was recorded by Jared Davis
- The Nittany & Bald Eagle Railroad: Bellefonte-Lock Haven Turn This is the first of a multi-part series featuring the railroads of central and western Pennsylvania under the beautiful foliage of mid-October. We will begin the series with a look at the Nittany & Bald Eagle Railroad. This railroad operates on the former Conrail/PRR Bald Eagle Branch between Tyrone and Lock Haven, PA. The line hosts a number of online customers, as well as through coal trains operated by NS (which we will see in an upcoming video). We'll start out between Mill Hall and Beech Creek for a quick runby of the NBER3 (Bellefonte-Lock Haven turn job) behind two GP8s. Next we'll head down to Milesburg, where they will stop and reverse onto the Bellefonte Branch to Bellefonte Yard. Enjoy this short look at one of Pennsylvania's many shortlines, one which often gets overlooked by its larger neighboring mainlines.
- Space Shuttle Era: NASA Railroad Keeps Boosters on Track The NASA Railroad at Kennedy Space Center keeps the space shuttles moving. If a recognizable person appears in this video, use for commercial purposes may infringe a right of privacy or publicity. It may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by NASA employees of a commercial product, process or service, or used in any other manner that might mislead. Accordingly, it is requested that if this video is used in advertising and other commercial promotion, layout and copy be submitted to NASA prior to release.
- Abandoned: Railroad Tracks In The Woods There's something haunting about abandoned rails. It's as if a ghost train could be seen using these rails late into the night. These abandoned railroad tracks are located near the East end of Morrell Street in Jackson, Michigan. They were once hidden until recently by a scrap lot that has now been removed by Kurpinski Metals. The tracks were once used as a lead into the Jackson Yard roundhouse for the Cincinnati Northern line's locomotives, which often were serviced at Jackson. The roundhouse these tracks served burned up in the late 1950s, sub-sequentially ending the need for the tracks, eventually leading to the partial upheaval of the tracks on Elm St. The rest, however, was left untouched and is now being overtaken by trees and other plant life. The last shot was filmed from a top a tall hill looking down into the forest below, just before where the switch was located at the junction with the Cincy Northern. Royalty free music by: Thanks for watching! Please comment, rate, and Subscribe! Copyright 2012
- Central Pasco & Gulf Railroad Model Trains You Can Ride On This is a video I made of the Central Pasco & Gulf railroad model trains you can ride. It is open to the public every second Saturday of the month from 10:00 am. till 3:00 pm. For a small donation of a dollar you can ride this 8500 feet of track through the wilderness of Crewe's Lake Park in Brooksville Florida in Pasco County. It is the largest model railroad I have ever seen. They also take reservations for birthday parties at the park which includes train rides. This is one of a kind and a must see and ride railroad.
- West Chester Railroad: ALCO Action in Chester County! (Includes in-cab footage) Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! We take a break from mainline action to visit the West Chester Railroad. Now this isn't our first encounter with the WCRL, but we now have a chance to ride onboard the train and see the railroad up close and personal. We'll even take a ride in the cab of RS18 #1803 for the return trip from Glen Mills. So sit back and enjoy some good ol' ALCO action from beautiful Chester county! Find out more info on the WCRL @
- Texas State Railroad - Rebirth of T&P #316 (Part I) TSR #201 has been repainted and reletter to it's original appearance as Texas & Pacific #316. GM Earl Knoob initiated this project.
- World's Largest Model Train Railroad: Northlandz Bruce Zaccagnino made millions in software. He has invested much of that fortune into the construction of Northlandz, the world's largest model railroad, inside his home north of Philadelphia. Bruce gave us a private behind-the-scenes tour. For more information on Northlandz, visit:
- Canton Railroad Gets Stuck on Slippery Rails baltimore docks, savannah nuclear powered ship, and canton railroad
twitter about railroad
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about railroad
“The Railroad Forum > Non-Railroad Specific > Off-Topic Forum 2010 - 02:40 AM. Powered By IP.Board © 2010 IPS, Inc. Licensed to: The Railroad Forum”
— What If? An exercise in alternative history. - The Railroad Forum,
“http://www.railroad-/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5330 http://www.railroad-/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6332. Harrington's Bar & Enzo's”
— Railroad Line Forum, .au
“One of the President's of the old Louisville and Nashville once remarked that his railroad had not made a "d —– cent" out of passenger traffic. And this idea persisted; despite many a railroad executive's skepticism, passenger travel continued to mark the railroads as a key force in”
— The Making of Modern America Blog, railroads.unl.edu
“Call 800.773.6770 for FELA help. FELA lawyer provides news and information about FELA law, railroad worker injury claims, railroads and train accidents”
— FELA Lawyer News Blog - Railroad Employee Injury Attorneys, gordon-
“Atlas Model Railroad Forum Portal. Events Calendar. November 2010. S. M. T Atlas Fall 2010 Catalog. A little late in posting, but the Fall 2010 Quarterly Catalog is”
— Atlas Model Railroad Forums,
“Please note that photos may also be posted in any of the forums. Railroad Photos and Trip Link to , railroad photography critique and discussion forum”
— - Powered by vBulletin,
“I have saved the sign and it will appear on a structure sometime in Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia. leeflan. Sheesh, I better go back”
— Railroad Line Forums - Signs For Structures, railroad-
“ is a free discussion forum and photo gallery for model railroaders, scale modelers and train collectors. Model Railroad Books - Thomas & Friends. Welcome to the . If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking”
— - Powered by vBulletin,