- Web site of Professor Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth. History of the Chief Rabbinate. Dedication. House of Lords. Chief Rabbinate Trust. Privacy Statement. Thought for the Day. Covenant & Conversation. Speeches. — “Chief Rabbi, The”,
- A and J Kosher Fish Market is the only kosher supervised fish market in South Florida under the reliable Orthodox Rabbinate of North Dade. All products are kosher and pareve. — “A and J Fish Market, aj fish market, kosher fish market”,
- The Associated Press reported last week that the rabbinate had severed ties with the Vatican after relations between the two came to a breaking point in the wake of the Vatican's announcement Jan. 24 that lifted the excommunication of a holocaust-denying bishop. — “Vatican ties with Chief Rabbinate "fluid" | CBCP News”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Rabbinate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- He has also radically overhauled the rabbinate, which was originally founded to offer religious services and ensure religious Over the past year the rabbinate has effectively taken over the role of the army's education corps through. — “Jonathan Cook: An IDF Jihad?”,
- The Israeli Chief Rabbinate and the Temple Mount Question This article examines the approaches of successive chief rabbis to the Temple Mount question, the discussions within the Chief Rabbinate Council, and the social and political contexts in which decisions have been made. — “The Israeli Chief Rabbinate and the Temple Mount Question”,
- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for rabbinate in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “rabbinate - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo!”,
- rabbinate n. The office or function of a rabbi. Rabbis considered as a group. [From obsolete rabbin , rabbi. — “rabbinate: Definition from ”,
- Definition of rabbinate in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of rabbinate. Pronunciation of rabbinate. Translations of rabbinate. rabbinate synonyms, rabbinate antonyms. Information about rabbinate in the free online English dictionary and. — “rabbinate - definition of rabbinate by the Free Online”,
- Jewish Scene: More and more businesses turning to alternative, unauthorized bodies for kashrut services, claiming Chief Rabbinate charges unreasonable fees for certificates. — “'End Rabbinate's monopoly on Kashrut' - Israel Jewish Scene”,
- The term rabbinate may refer to the office of a rabbi or rabbis as a group: Military Rabbinate, an Israel Defense Forces unit that provides religious services to soldiers, including non-Jews. — “Rabbinate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- rabbinate (uncountable) The office or function of a rabbi. Rabbis Retrieved from "http:///wiki/rabbinate" Category: English nouns. Hidden categories: Translations to be checked. — “rabbinate - Wiktionary”,
- Encyclopedia article about rabbinate. Information about rabbinate in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “rabbinate definition of rabbinate in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- The recession has hit the rabbinate, too. How are the newly ordained—and laid-off veterans—handling the rabbi glut? By Lynn Harris | 7:00 AM Sep 30, 2009. Having joined the ranks of the underemployed this spring, Dalia Samansky, 30, found herself. — “rabbinate > Tablet Magazine - A New Read on Jewish Life”,
- JERUSALEM (AP) – Israel's chief rabbinate severed ties with the Vatican on Wednesday to protest a papal decision to reinstate [he is NOT reinstated! It will be very difficult for the chief rabbinate of Israel to continue its dialogue with the Vatican as before," the letter said. — “Israel's chief rabbinate severs ties with Vatican | Fr. Z's”,
- Rabbinate definition, the office or term of office of a rabbi. See more. — “Rabbinate | Define Rabbinate at ”,
- Ten years ago, it would have been inconceivable to visualize myself endorsing moves by the Knesset to dissolve the Chief Rabbinate. In the early years of the state, the Chief Rabbinate was one of the jewels in the crown of religious Zionism. — “Yes! Dissolve the Chief Rabbinate | Candidly Speaking from”,
- RABBI, RABBINATE. The title rabbi is derived from the noun rav, which in biblical Hebrew means "great" and does not occur in the Bible; in its later sense in mishnaic Hebrew, however, the word rav means a master as opposed to a slave (e.g., "does a slave rebel against his rav"–Ber. — “Rabbi, Rabbinate”,
- Definition of rabbinate from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of rabbinate. Pronunciation of rabbinate. Definition of the word rabbinate. Origin of the word rabbinate. — “rabbinate - Definition of rabbinate at ”,
- The American Rabbinate: A Century of Continuity and Change, 1883-1983. Women Rabbis: Exploration & Celebration: Papers Delivered at an Academic Conference Honoring Twenty Years of Women in the Rabbinate, 1972-1992. — “Soc Culture Jewish Reform/Progressive Judaism Reading List”,
- Kosher supervision at the New Jersey Shore Kosher Supervision List for Summer 2010. Kosher Supervision for the New Jersey Shore. Welcome to the. J.S.O.R.. Jersey Shore Orthodox Rabbinate. — “Jersey Shore Orthodox Rabbinate”,
- MK David Rotem furious at decision, says he will promote legislation to "dissolve the Chief Rabbinical Council. Sources in the rabbinate who attended the closed council meeting said Peretz agreed with the claims that have surfaced in haredi papers in the past few weeks, according to which the content. — “Chief Rabbinate to probe IDF, civilian conversion”,
related images for rabbinate
- CR10 gif
- Alternative weddings New Family s Couples Ceremony New Family is offering an alternative to couples that do not want to get married with the Rabbinate and prefer not to travel abroad for marriage New Family s couples ceremonies celebrate the
- CR22 gif
- CR12 gif
- CR5 gif
- CR21 gif
- Zalman ben Isaac Solomon Isaacs Committee Five Men Aaron Franks Aaron Goldsmid Aaron ben Naphtali Levy Jacob Nathan Moses Michael Adolphus Broadside Poem on Rededication of the Great Synagogue 1766 Unfortunately we know very little about the interior appearance of this synagogue which served the community for twenty four
- CR4 gif
- CR19 gif
- CR8 gif
- hasidic map2 jpg
- CR16 gif
- CR15 gif
- CR18 gif
- Jewish women If Sarah Palin was my theme last week the issue of agunot is weighing heavily on my mind this week Perhaps it s because of the annual Mavoi Satum Leah Globe evening happening tomorrow night
- CR17 gif
- View declaration from the Chief Rabbinate of Israel View English Translation
- What do you call a man who is married to a rabbi Well this wasn t really a question until about 30 years ago when women were first allowed to be ordained as rabbis If you ask my friend Jon
- CR27 gif
- Kosher Certificate for THE CHIEF RABBINATE OF ISRAEL
- Wesley the co founder of Methodism who visited the Synagogue a year or so later The place itself is so solemn that it might strike an awe upon those who have any thought of God Broadside Poem on Rededication of the Great Synagogue 1766
- Click on image to ENLARGE it
- CR26 gif
- CR25 gif
- 0070010 jpg
- after his decision to revoke the excommunication of a bishop who says no Jews were gassed during the Holocaust provoked an outcry among Jews Gallery 2 photos
- CR3 gif
- Stone trying to using Borat s anti Semitism as a tool to expose it in others then he was looking for anti Semitism in the wrong country Rather than coming to America to out everyday Christians of being anti Semitic Baron Cohen Krauthammer explains should have stayed home in Europe In the Rolling Stone interview Baron Cohen explains that his Arizona bar stunt where as
- chief rabbinate part of regularly planned consultations to discuss aspects of Catholic and Jewish religious teachings at the Vatican Thursday Gallery 2 photos
- Traditional Jerusalem Rabbinate Orthodox Aramaic with Tenaim
- CR14 gif
- CR20 gif
- CR24 gif
- Chief Rabbinate An > 22 Jan 2009 05 51 289k religious leadership > 22 Jan 2009 05 57 336k DR WEF Sharm May 200 > 22 Jan 2009 05 54 410k WS FTP LOG 26 May 2009 07 30 427k
- CR7 gif
- View declaration from the Chief Rabbinate of Israel Adar 5762
- Jews all over the Diaspora for peace unity and blessings For those in New York City Mincha prayer services will be held at the OU offices 11 Broadway 14th floor at 1 45pm View letter from Chief Rabbinate www ou org
- CR13 gif
- Toronto bookstore picketed for Israel donation Protesters picketed a Toronto bookstore because its owners made a donation to an Israeli cause A group of about 25 picketers waved Palestinian flags this week on Bay Street as they urged a boycott of the
- CR28 gif
related videos for rabbinate
- Rabbi Nate Segal at CTC Inaugural Dinner (part 2 of 3) Rabbi Nate Segal as guest speaker at the Community Torah Center of Bucks County Inaugural Dinner on November 4, 2007 (part 2 of 3).
- Shlomo Carlebach On The Road Shlomo Carlebach was descended from one of the oldest rabbinical dynasties in pre-Holocaust Germany. He was born in 1925 in Berlin, where his father, Rabbi Hartwig Naftali Carlebach (1889--1967), was an Orthodox rabbi. The family left Germany in 1931 and lived in Baden bei Wien, Austria and by 1933 in Switzerland. Carlebach emigrated to Lithuania in 1938 where he studied at a yeshiva. In 1938 his father became the rabbi of Congregation Kehilath Jacob, a small synagogue on West 79th Street in New York City's Upper West Side. Carlebach came to New York in 1939 via Great Britain. He and his twin brother Eli Chaim took over the rabbinate of the synagogue after their father's death in 1967. Carlebach studied at Yeshiva Torah Vodaas and Yeshiva Rabbi Chaim Berlin in Brooklyn, New York, and Beth Medrash Gevoha in Lakewood, New Jersey. His aptitude for Torah study was recognized by great Torah scholars and teachers, among them Rabbi Shlomo Heiman, and the Rosh Yeshiva of Bais Medrash Gevoha, Rabbi Aharon Kotler. He was considered one of the top students of Rabbi Kotler. Rabbi Yitzchok Hutner, who gave Carlebach his Semicha, considered it a loss to the Torah world that he chose a career in musical Jewish outreach over one as a scholar and teacher. During his yeshiva studies, he was often asked to lead the services as a chazzan. Carlebach became a disciple of Rabbi Yosef Yitzchok Schneersohn, the sixth Rebbe of the Chabad-Lubavitch movement. From 1951-1954, he worked as one of the ...
- Leo Baeck College - Rabbi David Mitchell (Episode 4 of 5) Profiling the work of Leo Baeck College alumni and student rabbis. This episode follows Rabbi David Mitchell of Radlett & Bushey Reform Synagogue, as he leads Sunday Cheder at the synagogue and chairs a debate on faith schools held in light of the recent JFS case. Leo Baeck College is Europe's premier centre for Progressive Jewish learning. For more information about the College's rabbinic programme please visit: Produced by Unihill Productions - http
- Rabbi Nate Segal at CTC Inaugural Dinner (part 3 of 3) Rabbi Nate Segal as guest speaker at the Community Torah Center of Bucks County Inaugural Dinner on November 4, 2007 (part 3 of 3).
- Israel's rabbinate monitoring the WWW ?
- Do Raha (1971)-Happy Birthday To Israel.Jerusalem Day-12th May 1968 Jerusalem Day (Hebrew: יום ירושלים, Yom Yerushalayim) is an Israeli national holiday commemorating the reunification of Jerusalem and the establishment of Israeli control over the Old City in June 1967. The Chief Rabbinate of Israel declared Jerusalem Day a minor religious holiday to thank God for the 6-day victory and for answering the 2000-year-old prayer of "Next Year in Jerusalem". The day is marked by state ceremonies, memorial services for soldiers who died in the battle for Jerusalem, parades through downtown Jerusalem, reciting the Hallel prayer in synagogues,lectures on Jerusalem-related topics, singing and dancing, and special television programming.Schoolchildren throughout the country learn about significance of Jerusalem, and schools in Jerusalem hold festive assemblies.The day is also marked in Jewish schools around the world. As soon as Israel declared its independence in 1948, it was attacked en masse by its Arab neighbours. Jordan took over east Jerusalem and the Old City. Israeli forces made a concerted attempt to dislodge them, but were unable to do so. By the end of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War Jerusalem was left divided between Israel and Jordan. The Old City and East Jerusalem continued to be occupied by Jordan, and the Jewish residents were forced out. Under Jordanian rule, half of the Old City's fifty-eight synagogues were demolished and the Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives was plundered for its tombstones, which were used as ...
- Film Trailer: Faces of Israel This is the film trailer for Faces of Israel. Visit for more information and to view a high-quality version of the trailer. Produced and Directed by Amy Oppenheimer
- The Calling Web Exclusive: Shmuly: Chicago Family Boating Trip Shmuly takes a boat ride on Lake Michigan with his father and brother, and updates them about rabbinical school and Jewish law.
- ISRAEL MUSIC HISTORY IDF Rabbinate Choir Graduates "Reim Duo" Show צמד רעים ISRAEL MUSIC HISTORY www.4law.co.il
- Kar lo Kar Lo Charon Dhaam-Milegeh Krishna Milegah Ram-Yom Yerushalayim Jerusalem Day (Hebrew: יום ירושלים, Yom Yerushalayim) is an Israeli national holiday commemorating the reunification of Jerusalem and the establishment of Israeli control over the Old City in June 1967.The Chief Rabbinate of Israel declared Jerusalem Day a minor religious holiday to thank God for the 6-day victory and for answering the 2000-year-old prayer of "Next Year in Jerusalem".Under Jordanian rule, half of the Old City's fifty-eight synagogues were demolished and the Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives was plundered for its tombstones, which were used as paving stones and building materials. The area around the Western Wall was turned into a public dump. This state of affairs changed in 1967 as a result of the Six-Day War. Before the start of the war, Israel sent a message to King Hussein of Jordan saying that Israel would not attack Jerusalem or the West Bank as long as the Jordanian front remained quiet. Urged by Egyptian pressure and based on deceptive intelligence reports, Jordan began shelling civilian locations in Israel to which Israel responded on June 6 by opening the eastern front. The following day, June 7, 1967 (28 Iyar 5727), Israel captured the Old City of Jerusalem. Later that day, Defense Minister Moshe Dayan declared what is often quoted during Yom Yerushalayim: This morning, the Israel Defense Forces liberated Jerusalem. We have united Jerusalem, the divided capital of Israel. We have returned to the holiest of our ...
- IDF Rabbinate Choir Hanuka 2009 Latrun Brachot Part 1/2
- IDF Rabbinate Choir Hanuka 2009 Latrun "Yachad Lev El Lev" Part 1/2
- Has the American Rabbinate abandoned Israel? JewU 515 In the most crucial time for Israel's survival, facing the lies of Hamas and Iran and the threats of their missiles, has the American Rabbinate abandoned Israel? Did your Rabbi speak about Israel on the High Holidays? Did he/she support or attack Israel?
- Sonia Sarah Lipsyc interviews Rabbi Sandy Eisenberg Sasso jan 2010 First of a series of interviews on Judaism and feminism planned and produced by Sonia Sarah Lipsyc, scholar-in-residence and director of Aleph CSUQ in Montreal and Abigail Hirsch of AskAbigail Productions. Here Sonia Sarah Lipsyc interviews Rabbi Sandy Eisenberg Sasso, one of the first female rabbis in the world about her calling, and her path to the rabbinate in the twentieth century. Rabbi Sandy Sasso is also a renowned author of childrens' books. Filmed at Dorshei Emet Synagogue, Montreal January 22, 2010
- Rabbi of Haifa We accept the hand the pope has extended Rabbi Shear Yashuv Cohen is the main dialogue partner between the Vatican and the Chief Rabbinate of Israel, the single most important institution in the Jewish community. He was one of the rabbis who joined the pope during his visit to Romes synagogue.
- March 2009: Pope meets with Chief Rabbi of Israel In March, Benedict XVI met with a group of Jewish leaders from the Chief Rabbinate of Israel. During the meeting, the pope reaffirmed the Churchs declaration Nostra Aetate published by the Second Vatican Council which outlines dialogue between Catholics and Jews. Benedict XVI The Church recognizes that the beginnings of her faith are found in the historical divine intervention in the life of the Jewish people Also, scholars from the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial and scholars from the Vatican met in Israel to evaluate research on Pope Pius XIIs role during World War II and the Holocaust. Archbishop Antonio Franco Nuncio to the Holy Land For the Shoah, for the memory, to keep the memory, and to learn from the memory, the Catholic Church, I think, is the best partner, the best ally, of Yad Vashem. But one of the highlights of March was the popes first trip to Africa. Benedict XVI visited Cameroon and Angola. In Cameroon he visited a hospital. The pope said he prays for the victims of violence, wars, AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis, the most life-threatening issues plaguing the African continent. Later, he called on tens of thousands of people at the soccer stadium in Yaounde to reject the tyranny of materialism and recognize the True Author of Life. Benedict XVI Brothers and sisters in Cameroon and throughout Africa, you who have received from God so many human virtues, take care of your souls! Do not let yourselves be captivated by selfish illusions and false ideals! Then he ...
- A Rabbi Rejecting All Things Rabbinical? This is video response to TheRebShlomo's video "Discard the 'Oral Law' and return to God," the video description of which says (as 1:22 PM on Dec. 5th, 2010) , "Reb Shlomo is the rabbi of a small congregation of Karaite Jews. Karaism is the original form of Judaism as prescribed by God in the Torah. Karaite Judaism rejects later additions to the Tanach (Jewish Bible) such as the Rabbinic Oral Law and places the ultimate responsibility of interpreting the Bible on each individual. Karaism does not reject Biblical interpretation but rather holds every interpretation up to the same objective scrutiny regardless of its source."
- making of Willingly -הרי את Willingly Fiction, 22 minutes Director: Pazit Lichtman Producer: Meital Glazer Script: Pazit Lichtman Camera: Tsofnat David Editor: Chaim Elbaum Original Music: Avi Balili Yoni and Michal, who have been married only a year, arrive at the offices of the Rabbinate to formalize their divorce. Michal still believes that their relationship is worth fighting for and that the marriage can be saved, but Yoni wishes only to be free. While they wait in the corridors of the Rabbinate, the two experience feelings and events which confuse them. The outcome of the ceremony in which Yoni must hand over the bill of divorce to Michal, is unanticipated by both of them. ------------------------------------------- הרי את עלילתי, 22 דקות תסריט ובימוי: פזית ויסבוים הפקה: מיטל גלזר צילום: צפנת דוד עריכה: חיים אלבום מוזיקה מקורית: אבי בלילי יוני ומיכל, זוג צעיר הנשוי כשנה, מגיעים לרבנות כדי להתגרש. מיכל מבקשת להמשיך ולהיאבק על הנישואין, יוני נחוש בדעתו לפרק את הזוגיות ש"חנקה" אותו. במהלך ההמתנה במסדרונות הרבנות עוברות עליהם חוויות המטלטלות את שניהם ומולידות תובנות חדשות. טקס הגירושין הופך להיות שונה ממה ששניהם ציפו.
- Rabbi Tendler on England Chief Rabbinate 1 17 11 Speaking in Israel earlier this week about brain stem death and organ donation, Rabbi Dr. Moshe Dovid Tendler of Yeshiva University comments on England's chief rabbi Jonathan Sacks, and makes additional comments about rabbis Hershal Schachter, Mordechai Willig and J. David Bleich of Yeshiva University. All the rabbis except Tendler forbid Jews from donating organs because they consider taking organs from a brain stem dead patient to be murder, but they allow Jews to receive organs from such a patient -- effectively sanctioning 'murder' of non-Jews to benefit Jews. Tendler strongly opposes this policy and argues for full acceptance of brain stem death and organ donation or, for those who believe taking organs from brain stem dead patients is murder, a policy that forbids Jews from receiving organs, as well. /
- IDF Rabbinate Choir Hanuka 2009 Latrun "Yachad Lev El Lev" Part 2/2
- Rabbi Nate Segal at CTC Inaugural Dinner (part 1 of 3) Rabbi Nate Segal as guest speaker at the Community Torah Center of Bucks County Inaugural Dinner on November 4, 2007.
- Do Raha (1971)Daulat Kama rahen hain Akele ,Aurat ki Taaleem ka Satyanaash Karkeh. Jerusalem Day (Hebrew: יום ירושלים, Yom Yerushalayim) is an Israeli national holiday commemorating the reunification of Jerusalem and the establishment of Israeli control over the Old City in June 1967. The Chief Rabbinate of Israel declared Jerusalem Day a minor religious holiday to thank God for the 6-day victory and for answering the 2000-year-old prayer of "Next Year in Jerusalem". The day is marked by state ceremonies, memorial services for soldiers who died in the battle for Jerusalem, parades through downtown Jerusalem, reciting the Hallel prayer in synagogues,lectures on Jerusalem-related topics, singing and dancing, and special television programming.Schoolchildren throughout the country learn about significance of Jerusalem, and schools in Jerusalem hold festive assemblies.The day is also marked in Jewish schools around the world. As soon as Israel declared its independence in 1948, it was attacked en masse by its Arab neighbours. Jordan took over east Jerusalem and the Old City. Israeli forces made a concerted attempt to dislodge them, but were unable to do so. By the end of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War Jerusalem was left divided between Israel and Jordan. The Old City and East Jerusalem continued to be occupied by Jordan, and the Jewish residents were forced out. Under Jordanian rule, half of the Old City's fifty-eight synagogues were demolished and the Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives was plundered for its tombstones, which were used as ...
- Israel's Army Rabbi Gave Out Hate Leaflet to Troops The Israeli army's chief rabbinate gave soldiers preparing to enter the Gaza Strip a booklet implying that all Palestinians are their mortal enemies and advising them that cruelty is sometimes a "good attribute".
- Jewish Grandmother Says- Jews are Crooks!!! Jewish Grandmother Says- Jews are Crooks!!! From: JewsWere***s "Anti-Semitism will act as a propelling force which, like the wave of the future, would bring the Jews into the promised land." Theodore Herzl It is essential that the sufferings of Jews. . . become worse. . . this will assist in realization of our plans. . .I have an excellent idea. . . I shall induce anti-Semites to liquidate Jewish wealth. . .The anti-Semites will assist us thereby in that they will strengthen the persecution and oppression of Jews. The anti-Semites shall be our best friends. - Theodor Herzl, Founder of Zionism in 1897. Neither the religious nor the lay leaders of the many Jewish organizations wish to lose this potent weapon. Remove prejudice and lose adherents to the faith... This is the conspiracy of the rabbinate, Jewish nationals and other leaders of organized Jewry to keep the problems of prejudice alive. - Alfred M. Lilienthal, in The Other Side of the Coin never to forget that it is a chauvinist Zionist ambition that is edging mankind toward the brink of another global catastrophe, and that its most potent weapon is the mind-paralyzing lie of antisemitism. - Ivor Benson, writing in The Zionist Factor "Anti-Semitism is nothing but the antagonistic attitude produced in the non-Jew by the Jewish group. The Jewish group has thrived on oppression and on the antagonism it has forever met in the world." - Albert Einstein ( Collier's Magazine - 26th November 1938) "Deep down, I believe that ...
- Perform Your Own Conversion! to Judaism.... How to perform your own conversion to Judaism only when conversions have been outlawed in your area... Please note this does not apply to individuals living in the US, Canada or the UK (Because conversions are still performed there.) ....
- The first Bnei Menashe Rav Kehillah Ordination: Jerusalem. The first Bnei Menashe Rav Kehillah Ordination by the Chief Rabbinate Of Israel: Jerusalem, on the 16 Adar 5770, 2 March 2010. Property of the SSC, Midrash Sephardi, Old Ciy, 26 Galed St. Jerusalem-Israel.
- Hindu - Jewish Leadership Summit in New Delhi 2008 & Jerusalem 2007 Hindu - Jewish Leadership Summit The Hindu-Jewish Leadership Summit took place during Jerusalem on February 17-20 2008 Vikram Samvat 2064 by Chief Rabbinate of Israel in cooperation with the American Jewish Committee. An initiative of the World Council of Religious Leader to promote understanding and mutual respect between the Rabbinic leadership and the major Religious leader of the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha, this second meeting provided the opportunity to the the Chief Rabbinate to reciprocate the gracious hospitality enjoyed to the historic first successful summit in New Delhi last year. With the blessing of Pujyapad Jogiswami, Sadguru Shastri Shree Madhavpriyadasji Swami was representing Swaminarayan Sampraday at the summits.
- Rabbi Yehiel Halevy Rabbi Yehiel Halevy understands classical Jewish sources to interpret brain death as death and he supports organ donation. Rabbi Halevy was Secretary General in the Office of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel for 20 years and he was witness to the ruling of many chief rabbis in favor of organ donation.
- Breaking the Silence- Military Rabbinate Israeli soldier describes the place of military rabbinate in Cast Lead
- (Sh)tender Thought #6 - Israel's Chief Rabbinate breaks off ties with Vatican The news broke yesterday that Israel's Chief Rabbinate has broken official ties with the Vatican indefinitely, over the Pope's decision to lift the excommunication of an English bishop who denies the Holocaust.
- Pope Benedict xvi - Israel May 2009 - Day 2 www.holyland- "I assure you of my desire to deep and mutual understanding and cooperation between the Holy See, the Chief Rabbinate of Israel and Jewish People throughout the world." this clip covers papl's second day in his visit to the holy land. The events seen In this clip - The Western Wall - Meeting with the chief Rabbis - Prayer at Cenaculum - Mass at Gethsemane
- ISRAEL MUSIC HISTORY ''ΤΑ ΠΑΙΔΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΑΜΥΝΑΣ'' IDF Rabbinate Choir Heb. Version ISRAEL MUSIC HISTORY www.4law.co.il
- IDF Rabbinate Choir Hanuka 2009 Latrun Brachot Part 2/2
- Rabbi Nate Siegel at Yeshivat Bais Binyomin Siyum Grand Siyum at Yeshivat Bais Binyomin. Rabbi Nate Siegel giving an important short dvar . March 13th,2010
- Rabbinate hurts Israel by thwarting converts aliyah jewu 509 The surest way to counter arab population growth endangering the Jewish majority is aliyah of converts but the orthodox rabbinate is the obstacle endangering Israel in this way. For info on our online Jewish educational programs including conversion see
- How To Kill Goyim And Influence People -- Torat Ha'melech Full report: Leading fundamentalist rabbis gather in Israel to defend the publication of a book, Torat Ha'Melech, that attempted to provide halakhic justification for the killing of non-Jews, including innocent children and families. The gathering exposed not only the ferocious racism of a swath of Israel's pro-settlement rabbinate, but the powerlessness of the government to stop them. Produced by Max Blumenthal, Joseph Dana and Alternet.
- Rabbi Elmer Berger - May 1989 Air date Rabbi Elmer Berger - May 1989 Air date Elmer Berger (May 27, 1908 - October 8, 1996) was a Jewish Reform rabbi widely known for his anti-Zionism. He was the executive director of the American Council for Judaism from its founding in 1943 until he resigned in 1968, at which time he founded American Jews for Alternatives to Zionism. Berger was born in Cleveland, Ohio, the son of a Hungarian-born railroad engineer and a third generation German-American Jew born in Texas. As a boy his family attended the Euclid Avenue Temple where he was encouraged to study for the rabbinate by Rabbi Louis Wolsey. After graduating Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Cincinnati, he was ordained by Hebrew Union College in 1932. He began his brief career in the ministry in Pontiac, Michigan before serving in Flint, Michigan from 1936 to 1942. Berger married Seville Schwartz, the sister of a classmate at Hebrew Union College, in 1931. They divorced in 1946, and shortly thereafter he remarried to Ruth Winegarden, the daughter of a prominent furniture manufacturer who belonged to the Flint congregation. They were married until Ruth's death in 1979. From the beginning, Elmer Berger was squarely in the camp of those Reform rabbis who opposed the Columbus Platform of 1935 which modified the movement's original anti-Zionism and rejection of traditional ritual. It was Berger's mentor, Louis Wolsey, who would in 1942 issue a call to convene the American Council for Judaism, and who hired Berger as its ...
- 'Shackle and Hoist' Slaughter Persists Despite Promise A PETA investigation of a South American slaughterhouse that supplies kosher meat to the US and Israel reveals the continued use of "shackle and hoist" despite promises from the Chief Rabbinate of Israel to phase out this method of slaughter.
- The Ark of the Covenant, Part 3 of 3. So Close Yet So Far Away What Should be Known about Rabbi Goren Excerpts from the Jewish Political Studies Review Volume 11:1-2, Spring 1999: After the Temple Mount fell to the Israeli Army on the second day of the 1967 war, Goren, then Army Chief Rabbi, asked Central Region Commander General Uzi Narkiss to place 100 kg of dynamite in the Dome of the Rock. Goren repeated the need to blow up the Dome of the Rock at an all-day seminar on the Temple Mount for reservists in the military rabbinate. In the heat of war, where there was much bombing, such an action could have been carried out, Goren claimed. Goren took aside Central Command Head General Uzi Narkiss at the site and, ensuring that nobody overheard him, told him: "Uzi, this is the moment to put 100 kg of dynamite into the Dome of the Rock, and that will be it. Once and for all we will be rid of it." Narkiss replied: "'Rabbi, Stop". Goren persisted: "You will enter the pages of history for such an act. You don't grasp the very important implications for such an action. This is an opportunity which it's possible to exploit now at this moment. Tomorrow, it won't be possible to do anything". Goren was appointed Ashke*** Chief Rabbi in 1972. In 1981 Chief Rabbi Goren made an abortive attempt to tunnel underneath the Temple Mount towards the site of the Holy of Holies from the Hasmonean Tunnels partly in order to locate the Holy Ark. Goren proposed that the prime minister should declare that the holy places of the Jews be placed under rabbinic ...
- Rabbi David Rosen on Hindu-Jewish relationship Subscribe to our Videos for more.. ------------ AJC (American Jewish Comittee) head Rabbi David Rosen's views on Hindu-Jewish relationship. Three Hindu-Jewish summits held (2007-2009) Between 1) Chief Rabbinate of Israel 2) Dharma Acharya Sabha 3) And other inter-faith officials from Israel and India.
twitter about rabbinate
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about rabbinate
“Cross-post by Yeze over at the Rosh Pina Project Israel's Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amir has claimed that the granting of a kosher licence to Pnina Conforti is a | eChurch Christian Blog”
— BREAKING: High Court to Chief Rabbinate: Ordain New Rabbi,
“The organization's founder asserts "back room" talks convinced him such outside pressure would give rabbinate leaders the impetus to address the issue on its own. "We've cooperated with the rabbinate for years, building a dialogue and trust”
— Suing Chief Rabbinate Over Annulled Conversions,
“Props to JTA for pointing out Rabbi Marc Angel's scathing critique of the Israeli Chief Rabbinate in the Jerusalem Post”
— Taking on the Chief Rabbinate " Mixed Multitudes – My Jewish,
“The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, said the Vatican hoped that in light of the pope's words, "the difficulties expressed by the Israeli Rabbinate can be subjected to further and deeper reflection. as I interpret it and not even as you intend it, I will toss you off the blog”
— Israel's chief rabbinate severs ties with Vatican | Fr. Z's,
“Online home of the weekly Forward newspaper Sisterhood Blog. The Arty Semite. The Bintel Brief. The Jew And The Carrot. The Shmooze. Podcasts. Interview Series. Reporters' Roundtable. Women's Roundtable. Yid Lit. Yiddish. Archive. Home / Blogs / / Tags / Chief Rabbinate. November 8, 2010, 12:48pm”
— Chief Rabbinate – Tags – ,
“Excerpt From Blog Post: Thousands of Jew could be stripped of their Jewish status following an investigation by the Israeli Chief Rabbinate. Rabbi Shaul Farber writes: Had the Israeli chief rabbinate simply offered to amend the signatures—a purely technical”
— JBlog Central - The Jewish Blog Network | Extremists Force,
“JERUSALEM - Israel's chief rabbinate severed ties with the Vatican on Wednesday to protest a papal decision to reinstate a bishop who publicly denied 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust. The Jewish state's highest religious authority”
— Israel's Chief Rabbinate Severs Vatican Ties - News,
“Maurice Pinay Blog: Pope to Host Chief Rabbinate. Steve in Vista said There is no doubt that Benediktos is working not only for The Daily Life of Kawther Salam. Click on Picture. Special Palestine Cry Blog articles”
— PALESTINE CRY: Maurice Pinay Blog: Pope to Host Chief Rabbinate,