- The Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) is a study by the United States Department of State, first started in 2009 and intended to be done every four The final report of a QDDR will lay out, in the department's own words:. — “Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review - Wikipedia, the”,
- Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton launched the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) in July 2009 with the goal of strengthening and elevating diplomacy and development cooperation as key pillars of U.S. foreign policy. — “USAID: Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR”, usaid.gov
- For the release of the first Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR), CSIS has assembled a host of resources to put this new document into greater context. Gerald Hyman of the Hills Program on Governance argues that new development approaches in the QDDR are important. — “Pivot Points: The Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development”,
- TCPI Praises QDDR. TCPI Applauds Administration's Commitment to Reforming Foreign Policy For Immediate Release Contact: Omar Tungekar Phone: +1-512-651-3742 ext. TCPI Praises QDDR TCPI Applauds Administration's Commitment to Reforming Foreign Policy For Immediate Release Contact: Omar Tungekar Phone:. — “The Children's Project International”,
- The largest alliance of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) who focus on disaster relief and sustainable development programs. InterAction members operate in every developing country, working with local communities to. — “Hillary Clinton releases QDDR | InterAction”,
- The First Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR): Leading Through Civilian Power " The QDDR provides a blueprint for elevating American "civilian power" to better advance our national interests and to be a better. — “QDDR”, state.gov
- Washington, DC – International humanitarian organization Oxfam America praised today's release of the State Department's Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) as an important step toward a more integrated approach to development by the US government. — “State's QDDR vision is compelling yet incomplete — Oxfam America”,
- The Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) is a sweeping assessment of how At its core the QDDR provides a blueprint for elevating American ". — “Embassy of the United States Kyiv, Ukraine - QDDR”, ukraine.usembassy.gov
- State Dept QDDR Includes Unprecedented Focus on Women and Girls The QDDR is the first sweeping assessment and new blueprint for all of U.S. international assistance and diplomacy, and has long been a demand of the development community. — “Women Thrive Worldwide - State Dept QDDR Includes”,
- Sewell provides a recipe for achieving the impact the QDDR hopes to achieve: "If the QDDR is to succeed it must have strong administration support, a congressional group (preferably bipartisan) to craft needed legislation, and strong support from civil society organizations and business. — “QDDR " Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network • Blog”,
- The QDDR is a sweeping assessment of how the Department of State and There were concerns about a power struggle between USAID and the State Department, and that the QDDR findings would be in conflict with the concurrently developed PSD (Presidential Study Directive) on development, now known as. — “QDDR | Global Washington | Convene Strengthen Advocate”,
- According to MFAN, "development experts from across the MFAN community will post blogs on the QDDR and the importance of transparency, civil society engagement, gender, ownership, and legislation to making U.S. foreign assistance more effective and accountable." Sounds good!. — “QDDR | ONE”,
- by Alison Giffen The new leader of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL), is casting a negative outlook for US engagement in the world and the Administration's QDDR implementation by promising cuts to the State Department and foreign aid. — “QDDR " The Will and the Wallet”,
- The QDDR proposes to make more bureaucrats less accountable by further diluting and expanding the government's development bureaucracy. — “Obama's QDDR Report and Foreign Aid Strategy | The Heritage”,
- At the State Department, QDDR changes are about moving boxes in the org chart. State will put global economy and systems together (under Undersecretary Bob. — “A Quick and Dirty Reflection on the QDDR: State Compared to”,
- Four CFR fellows weigh in on the effectiveness of the State Department's Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review recommendations. The Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR), two years in the making, was presented by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton yesterday as a foreign-policy. — “Weighing an Ambitious QDDR - Council on Foreign Relations”,
- Center for a New American Security is a group to help develop strong, pragmatic and Principled National Security and Defense Policies to Promote and Protect American Interests and Values CNAS Releases New Publications on Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR). — “Center for a New American Security”,
- Shah said he will cochair the QDDR and represent USAID in the PSD, if confirmed. weaker than other government actors if battles over certain related issues can't wait until State gets the QDDR together. — “New aid chief lays out plans to fix USAID | The Cable”,
related videos for qddr
- Policy Planning Director Dr. Slaughter Discusses the QDDR Director of Policy Planning Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter and USAID Deputy Administrator Don Steinberg brief the press on the release of the first Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, "Leading Through Civilian Power," at the US Department of State in Washington, DC, December 15, 2010. [Go to www.state.gov for more video and text transcript.]
- Secretary Clinton Releases the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton hosts a town hall to release the first Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, "Leading Through Civilian Power," at the US Department of State in Washington, DC, December 15, 2010. [Go to www.state.gov for more video and text transcript.]
- Sniper Montage #1 Sniper Montage
- QDDR 06-07 -- 01 Chris Vanni's sing-along! DDR 5th Mix Naoki - Can't Stop Falling In Love (Speed Mix)
- Addressing 21st Century Conflicts Putting Smart Power to Work - A Dialogue with the QDDR Leadership event in Washington, DC, on October 14, 2009. Clip: Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter, Director of Policy Planning at the State Department, discusses how the QDDR will work to address 21st century conflicts and crises.
- All Ambassadors Called Back To Washington! First Global Chief Of MIssion Conference Though this is a sensationalist title, it appears to be only just that, as the pre-planned conference seems to be aimed at improving the State Department Missions productivity and effectiveness in an environment of growing challenges and budgetary contraints. There has been much speculation in the alternative venues such as youtubes and internet blogs that perhaps this meeting could be forshadowing some major event like a Currency Revaluation which has been the topic of much speculation as of late. However this meeting appears to be the gathering of an organization to discuss their normal course of business giving the organization the opportunity for up close and interpersonal organizational relations. Remarks Hillary Rodham Clinton Secretary of StateCheryl Mills Counselor Dean Acheson Auditorium Washington, DC February 2, 2011 MS. MILLS: Good morning. Wow, this is fabulous, most particularly because it's someone else that the Secretary gets to play with nonstop now that you guys are here. First of all, I want to say good morning and welcome to the first Global Chief of Mission Conference. We are so delighted you are here, and more importantly than saying welcome to the conference, welcome home. It is so nice to see so many of you. My name is Cheryl Mills. For those of you all who I haven't had the chance to meet personally, I'm the Counselor and Chief of Staff here at the Department. And we have really been looking forward to this. We have been looking forward to this ...
- Rajiv Shah: The Modern Development Enterprise Since being sworn in as the 16th administrator of USAID, Dr. Rajiv Shah has taken a number of steps to position US development efforts as a critical and dynamic component of US foreign policy. From taking the lead on the Feed the Future initiative to internal reforms within USAID, Dr. Shah has demonstrated his leadership in making the agency a cutting edge actor in development, one that puts renewed emphasis on partnerships, innovation and learning, and evidenced-based results. Over the last 12 months, Shah also co-chaired the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) and played an active role in the formulation of President Obama's Presidential Policy Directive on US Global Development Policy.
- Anne Marie Slaughter: Leading Through Civilian Power Dr Anne Marie Slaughter, Director of Policy Planning, US Department of State, discusses the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review at Chatham House. The Review, for which Dr Slaughter served as Executive Director, offers US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's vision for American foreign policy in the years ahead, including her goal of elevating American 'civilian power'. Chaired by Chatham House Director, Dr Robin Niblett. Find out more at:
- Development assistance: the US and Europe work together Dr. Anne Marie Slaughter explains how the US and Europe work together in order to get the best results with development assistance around the world.
- QDDR 06-07 -- 02 Chris Vanni's dance-along! DDR 3rd Mix Plus Bambee - Bumble Bee
- Development vs Diplomacy Putting Smart Power to Work - A Dialogue with the QDDR Leadership event in Washington, DC, on October 14, 2009. Clip: Deputy Secretary Lew and Dr. Slaughter talk about the blurred lines between US diplomacy and development efforts and what that means for the QDDR process going forward.
- Equal Pillars Putting Smart Power to Work - A Dialogue with the QDDR Leadership event in Washington, DC, on October 14, 2009. Clip: Responding to a question about combining the State Department and USAID, Dr. Slaughter cites Secretary Clintons belief in the importance of keeping the two bodies separate, but synchronized.
- John Sewell - Foreign Policy Challenges in the 112th Congress: Development and Security John Sewell is a Senior Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center. Sewell discusses foreign policy challenges at a meeting on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC on February 4, 2011. This meeting is a part of the Wilson Center on the Hill meeting series. Fore more information on the series, please visit
- Policy Planning Director Dr. Slaughter Discusses the QDDR at the US House of Representatives Policy Planning Director Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter and USAID Deputy Administrator Donald Steinberg, and Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Senior Scholar John Sewell discuss the First Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, Strengthening America's Role in the 21st Century, at the Rayburn Building in Washington, DC, December 16, 2010. [Go to www.state.gov for more video and text transcript.]
- QDDR 07-08 -- 03 Pokemon?
- Minimoys hguyi
- Rajiv Shah on The State Department's Strategic Reviews On Wednesday, May 5, 2010 the US Global Leadership Coalition hosted a town hall discussion with USAID Administrator Dr. Rajiv Shah. During the event, Shah was asked by USGLC Executive Director Liz Schrayer about the much anticipated State Department strategic reviews, such as the QDDR and Presidential Study Directive. Find out more at .
- Secretary's Vision for USAID Putting Smart Power to Work - A Dialogue with the QDDR Leadership event in Washington, DC, on October 14, 2009. Clip: Dr. Slaughter discusses concerns that USAID will be absorbed by the State Department by explaining that the vision includes a stronger AID.
- my contest*closed*
- QDDR 06-07 -- 03 Joyce and Kev Full Metal Alchemist Movie OP L'Arc-en-Ciel - Link
- QDDR is Good for USAID Putting Smart Power to Work - A Dialogue with the QDDR Leadership event in Washington, DC, on October 14, 2009. Clip: Acting Administrator Fulgham offers some insight into the affect the QDDR will have on USAID.
- us at the beach having fun
- QDDR 07-08 -- 02 QDDR wouldn't be quite right without Chris Vanni's sing-alongs
- State Department's Anne-Marie Slaughter Spoke at SAIS on January 27 Anne-Marie Slaughter, director of Policy Planning for the US Department of State, spoke about "Leading Through Civilian Power: The First Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review" on Thursday, January 27.
- Taking a Whole of Government Approach.wmv Secretary Clinton cites the State Department's Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) as well as President Obama's Presidential Study Directive (PSD), as efforts to incorporate a whole-of-government approach to US foreign policy at the USGLC Tribute Dinner on December 7, 2009.
- Secretary Clinton and USAID Administrator Shah Discuss the QDDR at USAID USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah and US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton host a town hall meeting to discuss the release of the first Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, "Leading Through Civilian Power," with USAID and Department of State employees at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC, December 17, 2010. [Go to www.state.gov for more video and text transcript.]
- 2011 Princeton Colloquium Closing Keynote Address: The First QDDR: Leading Through Civilian Power 2011 Princeton Colloquium: Closing Keynote Address: "The First Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR): Leading Through Civilian Power" Anne-Marie Slaughter '80, Bert G. Kerstetter '66 University Professor of Politics and International Affairs
- QDDR 07-08 -- 01 Monotune Respect
- QDDR: Introducing the Department of State's Strategic Planning Tool Dr. Anne Marie Slaughter presents QDDR: a planning process by the Department of State with USAID dovetailing diplomacy and development.
- MVI 5111
- Bao We 3:1:10:8 คันหลังยังคอย Kun Lhung Yung Koi HQ Bao We - Bao We Vol.3 คาราโอเกะ VCD : บ่าววี อัลบั้ม บ่าววี 3 Released 11 September 2008 3:1:10:8 =Vol. 3 : Disc 1 : Total Tracks 10 : Track 8 For the highest video quality and HQ Stereo Hi-Fi, please append &fmt=18 to URL and play again. If you liked this music video, please support the artist's continued success by purchasing their CD/VCD/DVD. It is our way of saying thanks to the artists :) .
- Sana Ahmed with PowerEplayers - Lijit, Gist, What is next? Gotta give props to Sana. Keep going with PowerEplayers. Lijit! Gist! What is next? See their site:
- Combat arms Thompson Vs Adam 1 Part 2 will be coming wacht me kick the Adams but in part 2 :)
- Building Capacity Putting Smart Power to Work - A Dialogue with the QDDR Leadership event in Washington, DC, on October 14, 2009. Clip: Acting USAID Administrator, Alonzo Fulgham, explains the need for capacity building within USAID and abroad.
- Development and Diplomacy Putting Smart Power to Work - A Dialogue with the QDDR Leadership event in Washington, DC, on October 14, 2009. Clip: Deputy Secretary Jacob Lew outlines the Administrations broad goals of a smart power approach to foreign policy.
- Secretary Clinton Announces QDDR US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton holds Town Hall Meeting to announce the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) at the US Department of State in Washington, DC July 10, 2009. Go to www.state.gov for text transcript and more video.
- Civilian power on the rise: Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter explains Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter explains the US Department of State's approach to civilian power toward solving the problems of the 21st century
- US Ambassadors Called Back From Around The World! Could we be about to see a dollar devaluation, has China decided to call in its debt? US ambassadors have been called back from around the globe to attend a "meeting" dubbed QDDR. What is so important about this meeting that would call for every single US ambassador to be summoned back to Washington from around the world? Apparently this has never happened before so what is of this much importance now or of more importance than any thing in history? All Ambassadors Called Back to Washington! China Raises Rates Amid Inflation Fight
- QDDR 07-08 -- 03 When the going gets tough, the arms get flailing!
- Anne-Marie Slaughter on America's International Engagement At this invitation-only policy roundtable, State Department Policy Planning Director Anne-Marie Slaughter shares her views on America's international engagement -- particularly regarding the world's crisis regions and those that are teetering on the edge. Slaughter, who will be returning at the end of this week to a faculty position at Princeton University, drove the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) process which recently issued its first report. This event was hosted and moderated by New America's Steve Clemons and Talking Points Memo's Josh Marshall.
- Kyla feeding Evan
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about qddr
“Secretary of State Hillary Clinton unveiled the first-ever Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) yesterday and outlined four areas of reform”
— QDDR Unveiled | IGD Blog,
“MFAN QDDR Blog Series: Time for Hard Questions. The release of initial findings from the launching a blog series to ensure lively debate about the goals and impacts of the QDDR”
— MFAN QDDR Blog Series: Time for Hard Questions " Modernizing,
“The International ONE Blog is a daily log of the anti-poverty movement”
— QDDR | ONE,
“Written by Blog Administrator on December 20, 2010 — Leave a Comment Secretary Clinton to unveil the first ever Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) at a State Department town hall”
— USAID Impact " QDDR, blog.usaid.gov
“Blog Page for , the website for Global Washington, an association that promotes and supports the global development sector in the Washington state”
— Blog | Global Washington | Convene Strengthen Advocate,
“Home / Blogs / pcr-blogger's blog / QDDR and the Future of Diplomacy QDDR and the Future of Diplomacy. By Robert D. Lamb. For most of the past decade, it has”
— QDDR and the Future of Diplomacy | Center for Strategic and,
“MFAN: Prepares to blog the State Department's QDDR. Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network This was followed by QDDR Blog Series: MFAN Principal Noam Unger on the Relation to the”
— MFAN: Prepares to blog the State Department's QDDR | Diplopundit,
related keywords for qddr
- qddr executive summary
- qddr state department
- qddr fact sheet
- qddr wiki
- qddr text
- qddr pdf
- qddr food security
- qddr process
- qddr 2010
- qddr powerpoint
similar for qddr
- civilian agencies
- hillary rodham clinton
- public diplomacy
- country commercial guides
- secretary of state
- state department
- department of state
- senior officials
- intercountry adoption
- parental child abduction
- business affairs office
- disadvantaged business utilization
- foreign policy
- usaid administrator
- working groups
- task forces
- foreign assistance
- usaid employees
- institutional capabilities
- global trends
- usg agencies
- external stakeholders
- interim report
- hillary clinton
- interaction members
- aid reform
- the release
- policy review
- benefit children
- children in need
- state dept
- development cooperation
- smart power
- global challenges
- congressional budget justification
- organizational change
- assistant secretary
- internet explorer
- government of libya
- foreign service
- violation of human rights
- american citizens
- around the world
- united states
- foreign aid
- american academy of diplomacy
- free encyclopedia
- defense department
- civilian expertise
- rajiv shah
- town hall meeting
- new american
- american security
- south korea
- the center
- david barno
- author robert
- robert kaplan