- A puteal was a classical wellhead, round or sometimes square, set round a well opening to keep people from falling in. Famous examples include the Puteal Scribonianum. The word is also used of circular classical remains recycled. — “Puteal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- According to ancient authorities, the Puteal Libonis Puteal was the name given to an erection (or enclosure) on a spot which had been struck by lightning; it was so called from its resemblance to the stone kerb or low enclosure round a well (puteus). — “Libo - LoveToKnow 1911”, 1911
- Pu·te·al n. [L., fr. puteus well.] (Arch.) An inclosure surrounding a well to prevent persons from falling into it; a well curb. — “puteal: Information from ”,
- [The puteal, with bay wreaths, ryres, and a pair of pincers, may be seen on coins of the gens Scrlbonia The ancient puteal in the J Forum, near the Arcus Fain/***, was repaired by Scribonius Libo, whence it was called the Puteal Libonis or Puteal Scribonianum. — “Dictionary of Classical Antiquities, page 529”,
- It is chiefly interesting for its connexion with the Puteal Scribonianum or Puteal Libonis in the See also: According to ancient authorities, the Puteal Libonis Puteal was the name given to an erection (or enclosure) on a spot 'which had. — “LIBO - Online Information article about LIBO”,
- A puteal was a classical wellhead, round or sometimes square, set round a well opening to keep people from falling in. Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Puteal" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free. — “Puteal - The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia”,
- The following article is a local copy of the Wikipedia article at Puteal. A puteal was a classical wellhead, round or sometimes square, set round a well opening to keep people from falling in. — “Wikipedia:Puteal - Global Warming Art”,
- Puteal definition at , a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!. — “Puteal | Define Puteal at ”,
- Madrid Puteal. A puteal is a construction built around the top of a well. This circular puteal is decorated with a scene depicting the birth of Athena. However it is now thought that this puteal is derived from fourth century BCE sources, long after the. — “Madrid Puteal | Faculty of Classics Archive”,
- Article about Puteal - From The Probert Encyclopaedia. In architecture a puteal is an enclosure surrounding a well to prevent persons from falling into it. — “Puteal - From The Probert Encyclopaedia”,
- Home - Quote Topics - Quotes of the Day - Quote Keywords - Author Types. Authors: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Definition of Puteal. Puteal. An inclosure surrounding a well to prevent persons from falling into it; a well curb. Related Definitions:. — “Definition of Puteal”,
- Definition of Puteal in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of Puteal. Pronunciation of Puteal. Translations of Puteal. Puteal synonyms, Puteal antonyms. Information about Puteal in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “Puteal - definition of Puteal by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- The Roman Delian altar and the Greek Corinthian puteal, collectively known as the Delphi Heads, were part of the Bretton Hall estate when it was sold The marble puteal, or mouth of a well, dates from the first century BC and was collected in Greece by the fifth Earl of Guildford in the early. — “University of Leeds | For media | The Reporter”,
- Oliver Forge and Brendan Lynch, formerly Directors of the Antiquities and Islamic and Indian Art departments at Sotheby_ s in London, established Oliver Forge and Brendan Lynch Ltd in London's St James's in 1997. Acting as agents, they represent Archive Item: A Roman marble "Archaising" Puteal. — “Oliver Forge and Brendan Lynch | Consultants in Antiquities”,
- Near Matches. Ignore Exact. Everything2. Puteal (definition) by Webster 1913 An inclosure surrounding a well to prevent persons from falling into it; a well curb. — “[email protected]”, everything2.com
- This reflects the outstanding significance of the puteal for the study of Archaistic iconography and its association with classical collections in Britain at the beginning of the nine***th The puteal has been known from the beginning of the nine***th. — “Arts Minister Places Temporary Export Bar On A Roman Marble”,
- PVTEAL / SCRIBON Puteal Scribonis, verziert mit Girlande und Kitharen; an der Basis Hammer. 4,10 g. Cr. 416 Diademed head of Bonus Eventus right / Puteal Scribonianum (Scribonian wellhead), decorated with garland and two lyres; hammer at base. Crawford 416/1a; Sydenham 928; Scribonia 8a. EF, gray. — “ Search Results”,
- What I Like About Ancient Coins - A worn Roman Republican silver denarius of L. Scribonius Libo showing the Puteal Scribonarium. — “L Scribonius Libo”,
- Description: "Puteal, properly means the enclosure surrounding the opening of a well, to protect persons from falling into it. This puteal seems to have been near the atrium of Vesta, and was a common place of meeting for usurers. — “Puteal Clipart”, etc.usf.edu
- Translation of puteal on the Internet's leading Spanish English dictionary. — “Puteal English Spanish Translation | Traductor ingles español”,
related videos for puteal
- Les Grosses Têtes - Olivier de Kersauson invite le Général de Gaulle sur le plateau Quand "l'Amiral" s'y met, tout s'enchaîne sur le plateau des Grosses Têtes...
- Audi R8 V10 Spyder for GTA IV The Audi R8 V10 Spyder for GTA IV car mod. Link is below--- http://www.gta4-/vehicles/audi-r8-v10-spyder-f4517 song: Ridin solo by: Jason Derulo.
- DIZZEL MMOTPS Promotional Video A new MMO shooter featuring third-person view and a more grittier setting. http://.
- Les Grosses Têtes - Montluçon Un des meilleurs moments de la cultissime émission de RTL, la visite de Montluçon revu et corrigé par Yves Mourousi, Jean Yanne, Jacques Martin, le patron Ph...
- eurythmies unpersuasive lesions strutters,eurythmies unpersuasive lesions strutters finagles updrew pantihose unforbid securance beneficial falsity archimages undecimal caparisoned epistolet tritiating lecherousness polonism proliferates sal...
- how do i put real player videos on windows movie maker Syhfd.
- LGTDLNDT #3 Novembre 1980 Avec Philippe "le petit" Bouvard", Jacques Martin, Sim, Oliver de Kersauson, Valerie Mairesse etc.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about puteal
“Corpus Luteum Cysts Long Luteal Phase and. WordPress blog about Corpus Luteum Cysts Long Luteal Phase. Corpus Luteum Cysts Long Luteal Phase. Aarme, Nethy mand whoverlear shall fr Whall givet; Thuse people mand hip,”
— Corpus Luteum Cysts Long Luteal Phase,
“Buildings in the Roman Forum, the central forum of the city of Rome. has media related to: Forum Romanum. Subcategories. This category has the following 2”
— Category:Roman Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,
“Lock-Well Nuts Anti-theft System for - Wellheads Hot-Hed's Nuts Lock-Well a are anti For wellheads water for wells, see A puteal. wellhead that part of an is oil Slovart”
— R&M Energy Systems: Hercules Wellheads,
“nush ce ai vrut sa zici dar ai demonstrat ca esti cel mai mare prost puteal sa taci si sa pleci dar se vede ce educatie ai un copil retardat de Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests. You cannot post new topics in this”
— Ultimate • View topic - Ultimate-Bye Bye You son of a ***, ultimate.ro
“Luteal Phase Defect Spotting and. WordPress blog about Luteal Phase Defect Spotting. Luteal Phase Defect Spotting. he he known he uporis st said he th hoste unquillandrople com in”
— Luteal Phase Defect Spotting,
“Remedia Amoris (Love's Remedy or The Cure for Love) is a 814 line poem in Latin by the Roman poet Ovid written around 5 BC. The aim of the poem is to teach”
— Remedia Amoris / The Cure For Love by Ovid // The Daily,
“Et utitur ambiguis locorum nominibus: nam puteal vocabatur locus in vicinia fori, ubi in the vicinity of the forum was called the Puteal, where there was also the Columna”
— Digital Roman Forum: Resource: Pro Sestio, dlib.etc.ucla.edu
“Puteal Scribonianum. Regia. Temples of the Roman Forum. Triumphal arches in the Roman Forum From: Meehive News Search • Google Blog Search • Wisebread • ClipSyndicate”
— Forum (roman) - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News,