- The custom of sending gifts (Mishlo'ah Manot) leaves its special mark on Purim. Throughout Purim, men and women, young people and children throng the streets, bearing plates, baskets and trays filled with choicest Purim goodies and covered with a fine embroidered napkin. — “Purim Customs”,
- Purim. Purim begins Saturday March 19, 2011. Shushan Purim begins Sunday March 20, 2011. The Fast of Esther is Thursday March 17, The Humor in the sudden 'reversal' of the Purim Story. The Hill and the Hole " Haman & Achashveirosh:. — “Purim " Ohr Somayach”, ohr.edu
- Based on the Biblical Book of Esther, Purim celebrates the profound reversal of fortune when the Jewish community of Persia was rescued by the heroic intervention of Esther and Mordecai. It is a holiday that is known for its pageantry, frivolity and generosity to friends and the needy. — “Purim”,
- Purim is one of the most joyous and fun holidays on the Jewish calendar. The story of Purim is told in the Biblical book of Esther. The heroes of the story are Esther, a beautiful young Jewish woman living in Persia, and her cousin Mordecai, who raised her as if she were his daughter. Esther was taken. — “Purim”,
- Information on Purim and a detailed discussion of the Megillas Esther. — “Purim - ”,
- Purim: All about the history, meaning and customs of the Jewish holiday of Purim. — “Purim - ReligionFacts”,
- How to celebrate, give, say, pray, listen, learn and eat on Purim; plus full megillah text, multi-level study, games, audio songs, costume contest, did-you-know?, stories, recipes and loads of fun for kids -- by far the most comprehensive Purim. — “Purim 2011 - Megilah, Graggers, Costume Contest, Games and more”,
- Purim is a joyous holiday that recounts the saving of the Jews from a threatened massacre during the Persian period. The story of Purim is recounted in the Book of Esther, whose eponymous heroine plays the leading role in saving her people. — “Purim 101 - My Jewish Learning”,
- Purim Book Buddies. February 21--Join the senior rabbi of Temple Sholom of Chicago, Rabbi Aaron M. Petuchowski, and Rimma Khodosh, Director of Temple Sholom's outstanding pre-school, Gan Shalom, for a joyous celebration of Purim that includes singing, art projects and. — “Purim : Purim News and Photos - ”,
- Purim Center Today's Date: In the twelfth month, which is the month of Adar, on its thir***th day on the day that the enemies of the Jews were expected to prevail over them, it was turned about: the Jews prevailed over their adversaries. — “Purim Purim Purim Megillahs Graggers Benchers Mordechai”,
- Purim (פורים "Lots," Standard Hebrew Purim, Tiberian Hebrew Pûrîm: plural of פור pûr "Lot," from Akkadian pūru) is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Persian Jews from the plot of the evil Haman to exterminate them, as recorded in the biblical Book of Esther. — “Purim (פורים "Lots," Standard Hebrew Purim, Tiberian Hebrew Pûrîm”,
- User-created article on the Jewish holiday of Purim. Includes the reading of the Megillah, social customs, songs, food, and fasting information. — “Purim - Wikipedia”,
- In 2011, Purim begins at sundown on March 20. Find information about Purim, The Book of Ester, The King's Party, The Rise of Haman, and more. — “What is Purim? — ”,
- The Festival of Purim commemorates a major victory over oppression and is recounted in the Megillah, the scroll of the story of Esther. Purim takes place on the four***th and fif***th days of Adar, the twelfth month of the Jewish calendar. — “Purim on the Net - Welcome to a Celebration of Purim”,
- Laws, customs, recipes and inspiring videos and articles relating to the Jewish holiday of Purim. — “Purim”,
- Purim is celebrated by the reading of the Scroll of Esther, known in Hebrew as the Megillat Esther, which relates the basic story of Purim. Second, Purim, like Chanukah, is viewed traditionally as a minor festival, but elevated. — “Purim - URJ”,
- Purim (פּוּרִים "Lots," Standard Hebrew Purim, Tiberian Hebrew Pûrîm: plural of פּוּר pûr "Lot," from Akkadian pūru) is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Persian Jews from the plot of the evil Haman to exterminate them, as recorded in the biblical Book of Esther. — “Purim - Definition”,
- Guide to the Jewish festival of Purim with history, traditions, observances, prayers, reading lists and more. — “Jewish Holidays - Purim”,
- Purim ( ) n. Judaism The 14th of Adar, observed in celebration of the deliverance of the Jews from massacre by Haman. — “Purim: Definition from ”,
- The Purim story is told in the Scroll of Esther (M'gillat Esther), named for a Jewish In addition to Esther, other key figures in the Purim story are King Achashverosh (ruler of Persia), Vashti (Queen of Persia before Esther; Vashti is dethroned because she refuses to entertain the king's. — “Emanu-El | Purim”,
- Purim is one of the most joyous and fun holidays on the Jewish calendar. The story of Purim is told in the Biblical book of Esther. The heroes of the story are Esther, a beautiful young Jewish woman living in Persia, and her cousin Mordecai, who raised her as if she were his daughter. — “Purim”, e-
- Includes the story of Purim and a recipe for Hamentaschen. — “Purim - Judaism 101”,
- Celebrate purim on the eve for the table surrounded by the free objective information on the site to your site. He gave me every night but not damaged and that, haman used to sing to read stories to the king and the seudat purim charity. — “cuisine.co.nz - restaurants - general health medicine - purim”, cuisine.co.nz
related videos for purim
- The Maccabeats - Purim Song Buy this song on iTunes Based on "Raise Your Glass" by P!nk Filmed, Directed and Edited by Uri Westrich Uri@ Production assistant - Rivie Shalev Follow us on Facebook: The music in this and all Maccabeats songs are made entirely from their voices and mouths ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Learn more about Purim here ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Help honor the memory of our dear friend Ilan Tokayer by donating to one of these worthy causes: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lyrics to the song: Stand stand for a tale so grand Shushan is the place where it all began The hidden miracle One man, second in command Slay all the Jews was his wicked plan A scheme so miserable He chose a day for the disaster It's ironic what came after He didn't know a girl named Esther Would turn it upside down So raise your glass if you can see the hidden meaning, it's right in front of you, we will never be never be anything but proud to tell the story, v'nahafoch hu (It was turned upside down) Won't you come on and come on and raise your glass just come on and come on and raise your glass Esther became the queen Cuz' God was pulling strings from behind the scenes She wore the royal crown 3 days the Jews just prayed, Queen Esther risked her ...
- Shlock Rock Purim 1991 The Original Shlock Rock line-up at a Purim Concert in 1991 Songs: (I can't get no) Humentashen, Achashverosh The Band: Lenny Solomon, Yonah, Mark Skier, Gary Wallin, Danny Block, Mark Infield
- Purim II Promoting Genocide.wmv An amazing video that must be seen to be believed. Dr. Duke offers even more compelling evidence of how Purim promotes human rights violations of Palestinians and others. This video is one of the best anti-hate videos ever made. As Dr. Duke states, "We don't want a world of war and hate." --staff Documents cited in this video are linked and available at Read them while you can, for this expose' will surely result in many of these damning documents will go down the memory hole. Any posts that are obscene or violent will not be permitted here. If your posts don't have a civil tone you can post elsewhere. Serious violations or repeat violators will be blocked. You can use your own youtube site for your rants if that's what you want. We will work to make sure everyone has a chance to engage in intelligent discussion here. Thanks -- staff.
- PURIM PARTY - Jewish Russian Community Centre 2007 B"H Jewish Russian Community Centre Presents: JRCC Purim Party 2007 - 5767 As it our Jewish (and community)Chassidic CHABAD tredition to celebrate Purim this year we have our annual "Purim Shpill" at the Terrace Banquet Hall With: Full Dinner Entertainment Live Music Children's Program Family Seating Dancing L'Chayim So come and dance with us at Saturday March,3 and Sunday March,4,2007
- FLORA PURIM INTERVIEW 1993 pt 2 Born in Rio de Janeiro, 6 March 1942, Flora was raised in a musical family. As a child she played both piano and guitar before she began to stretch her voice. Her vocal range originally covered about three octaves, but under the guidance of Hermeto Pascoal she gradually increased it to the staggering figure of six. During the mid Sixties, Pascoal was the co-leader, with percussionist Airto Moreira, of Quarteto Novo, a legendary Brazilian group which mixed jazz with radical protest songs in defiance of the repressive regime of the time. 1. A Guy Called Gerald - What You See 1.Now Go Ahead And Open Your Eyes 2.Sings Milton Nascimento 3.Speed Of Light 4.The Flight For thirty years, Moreira and Purim have been inseparable, touring and recording constantly together. Their creative and dynamic relationship brings together one of the worlds greatest percussionists with a top jazz vocalist producing astounding musical results that can be heard on the many albums they have recorded together. Following a military coup in Brazil in 1967, and the rigid system of lyrical censorship,the couple went to live in the United States, where they became deeply involved in the scene responsible for producing the first commercially successful 'electric' jazz groups of the seventies. Flora toured Europe with Stan Getz and developed her astonishing vocal repertoire with the Gil Evans band before joining Chick Corea, Airto, Stanley Clarke and Joe Farrell in the original Return To Forever. She ...
- Purim holiday in Israel
- budapest klezmer band - purim www.budapestklezmer.hu
- Jewno: Purim Party, The Shushan Channel at 92YTribeca 92 Jewno directed by Stephen J Levinson. The Shushan Channel is back for it's sixth year. Created by Daily Show writer Rob Kutner and now in collaboration with writers from The Simpsons, Dennis Miller Live and more, The Shushan Channel is a comedic retelling of the story of Esther, as seen through the lens of current TV hits like Lost, American Idol and Ugly Betty. This year don't miss House-man, MD, DeadVood, Grogger of Love, To Catch a Jewhater and Imperial Gladiators, scripted by professional comedy writers and performed by hilarious comedians and actors, including The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi. All this, plus a video monologue rant by everyone's favorite "pissed-off optimist"—Lewis Black! Co-presented with Hazon. http
- The Purim Song My trailer for the movie "For your Consideration"
- Purim Controversy Mendy, Menachem & Mendel go head to head in this unique episode about Purim Hamentashen.
- Shalom Sesame- Purim Story Grover and his friends star in this animated version of the Purim story from Shalom Sesame.For more, check out
- HAPPY PURIM! Kat and Rodene celebrate this holiday with the spirit of togetherness.
- Purim Hangover...VideoJew visits Chabad Party VideoJew Jay Firestone visits the Wild Wild Westwood Purim Party hosted by Chabad UCLA to find out what LA are doing to prevent the megillah sickness. For more info, visit
- Midrash Shmuel Purim 2008 Amazing concert! crazy dancing!
- Jaco Pastorius and Flora Purim - The Hope Another great song from the great Jaco Pastorius alongside Flora Purim.
- Purim Song - Graggers Up! (Bottoms Up Parody) by Young Israel of Toco Hills, Atlanta Buy the song on itunes! bit.ly
- A Purim Story Part 1 The Jewish Experience in Denver Colorado treat us to a Purim Story.
- Purim Blast It's carnival time! Like it? Share it!! Facebook - Twitter - What is this PURIM thing? Purim is a festival that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people living throughout the ancient Persian Empire from a plot by Evil Haman to annihilate them. It's a bit like Halloween, we dress up in costumes. And while there aren't door-to-door "trick-or-treats," there is a tradition to eat "HAMAN's ears", these are cookies with different fillings that supposed to look like ears.. lol My new facebook app: Facebook Page: Follow me on Twitter: חג פורים שמח!
- PURIM SHPEIL 2008- PART 1 This is the 12th grade half of the Purim Shpeil for the Yeshiva of Far Rockaway.
- A Purim Spiel The making of A Purim Spiel, Sims2 Style
- The Purim Story An animated version of the classic Purim story. This video was created while I was sick during the Purim '06 season. A higher-quality version should be coming soon.
- Spongebob Purim by the Stadlan Family A Spongebob Squarepants twist to the original Megillat Esther. Voices and Animation by the Stadlans Chag Purim Sameach! Copyright notice: Spongebob characters are the property of Viacom Inc
- Purim Potpourri B"H, Silly Purim song... Warning! Here are the words: Written by Leah Lipsker, Swampscott, Mass (Adapted by the Dovid Offs to a Hank Williams tune.... Can you guess which?.) -------------- A royal party like you've never seen But Vashti refuses to be the dancing queen A drunken king orders her killed Leaving a position to be filled The great beauty pageant begins And a nice Jewish girl wins While the Jewish community kvelled Her religious identity, Esther withheld Meanwhile Mordechai is the talk of the town To Haman, the wicked, he won't bow down Too bad Haman has a short fuse And decides to kill all of the Jews Esther is asked to intercede with the king But who knows what that could bring? What mood will he be in when she arrives? This guy has no qualms about killing his wives So the Jews fast and pray And Esther prepares a royal buffet Mordechai is hopeful but scared As Haman is having his gallows prepared A reversal of fortunes, a twist of fate Leaves Haman a bit irate Gd's plan is put into gear Haman's end is very near Eshter proves to be a queen Of great spirit and grace And Haman is hanged in Mordechai's place The king turns over a new leaf Mordechai's the new chief The Jews are empowered to fight for their lives Justice triumphs and Judaism survives The thir***th day of Adar comes And the Persian army succumbs Gone was the threat of annihilation Purim became a day of celebration So grab a Megillah and some Tequilla Let the spirit of the day be your guide There's ...
- Michoel Pruzansky Taseh Mitzvah This music video, made for purim, features the hit song Taseh Mitzvah with some hilarious scenes
- Purim Killings College kids serial killer
- Purim Message from Rabbi Sholom Dovber Lipskar Sholom Dovber Lipskar is a Chabad rabbi who founded the Landow Yeshiva Center in Miami Beach in 1969, he has served as its principal and dean of its elementary, academy, and high school studies. Rabbi Sholom Lipskar alsofounded The Shul of Bal Harbour, Aleph Insititute and the Educational Academy for the Elderly in 1981. As The Shul's head Rabbi he is both the spiritual leader and educational programmer for all ages. Since receiving ordination from the Central Lubavitch Yeshiva in Brooklyn in 1968, Rabbi Sholom D. Lipskar has worked as an emissary for the Lubavitcher Rebbe. Rabbi Sholom Dovber Lipskar is recognized as an international leader bringing Torah values to people from all walks of life. The Shul is one of the country's most unorthodox, Orthodox synagogues, a popular center for both Jews who are returning to their Jewish roots & experienced congregants. The Shul sits at the intersection of Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Indian Creek Village and Surfside in Florida. Founded at the direction of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Menachem M. Schneerson, and under the guidance of Rabbi Sholom D. Lipskar, The Shul is a spiritual guidepost and service center for the community to express their spiritual needs and gain inspiration to develop the same while connecting with Almighty Gd. The Shul is referred to as a "Community House of Gd" -- a spiritual lighthouse from where holiness and G-dliness emanate to the entire community. A shul is a Beit Ha-Knesset, house of ...
- Dindi, Flora Purim "Dindi" ... written by Antonio Carlos Jobim & Aloysio de Olveria Performed by Flora Purim from her cd entitled, "Butterfly Dreams" Personnel: Flora Purim (vocals); David Amaro (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Ernie Hood (zither); Joe Henderson (flute, tenor saxophone); George...
- Flora Purim, Elaine Elias, & David Sanborn - Jobim Medley Flora Purim (vocal), Elaine Elias (vocal & piano), David Sanborn (sax), Oscar Castro Neves (guitar & vocal), Lee Ritenour (guitar), Paulinho Braga (drums), Airto Moreira (percussion), and Nana Vasconcelos (barimbao) all play a medley paying tribute to Antonio Carlos Jobim. Originally broadcast in 1997.
- Raise Your Mask Purim - The Fountainheads An a capella Purim music video parody by The Ein Prat Fountainheads, graduates and students of Midreshet Ein Prat, Israel Follow us on Facebook: Follow us on Twitter: Based on Pink's "Raise Your Glass." All sounds made with voice and mouth. Vocals Shani Lachmish, Ayelet Beazley, Tamar Gur, and Noa Yammer. Choreography: Edeete Suher and Orna Pfefferman Produced by Shiran Yalovich, Smadar Tsook, Keren Apfelbaum, and Stav Taub. Film by Ben R. Lyrics by Ben R. and Ari L.: Here comes the story of Purim and it goes a little something like this. Persian king lookin' for a queen Prettiest girl you've ever seen Esther wins, Yo Haman's evil, fools the king "Bow to me, y'all dig my ring" Jews don't go so low Evil master, getting nast'ier Planning for a big disaster Jews are worried, what's the story Mordechai sacks his clothes So raise your mask if you are brave in all the right ways Show your hidden face. We will never be never be Anything but true and always straight up, bold and fearless Jews Won't you come on and come on and make some noise Just come on and come and stamp your feet Won't you come on and come on and raise your glass Just come on and come on and raise your mask... with me I can do this, I'm not afraid. Ok, here goes... Now it's time to tell the King And I'm takin' back my ring And my plans have all been blown But we can always, we can always: party on our own. Let me hear ya in Hebrew! Layehudim Hayta Ora ...
- Home For Purim 'Home For Purim' dinner scene from Christopher Guest's 'For Your Consideration.'
- Bais Purim Shpiel 2006 - Trailers As usual another hilarious Bais Purim Shpiel!! Here are the opening trailers, spoofing Mission Impossible, Gangs of New York and Frankenstein
- The Purim Story for Kids and Other Double Dutch Jumping Hipsters Imagine yourself in the middle of something awful. Someone is going to have to take a stand to set things right. Sometimes...that someone...is YOU. Meet Esther, the young woman at the middle of the famous Purim story. Follow her as she gets swept up into history, leaving her jump rope, her people, and her cheering section behind...maybe.
- The Story of Purim B"H a short glimpse into the story of purim...very summarized...just a "gist".... A Divrei Torah: The month of Adar is supposed to increase joy. According to Chazal, the month of Adar increases joy just like in the month of Av joy is reduced. The astrological sign of Adar is the Pieces; represented by a fish. What is the meaning behind the fish? Fish can only survive underwater. Water can be interchanged with Torah. In order for us to survive, we need to be underneath the Torah, completely and totally filled with water! When Rabbi Akiva was asked why he continued to teach torah even thought the Romans had outlawed it, he responded with the following mashal: "A fox once passed a river where he observed the fish frantically swimming to and fro. To his query about their rushing from place to place the fish replied that they were fleeing the nets which men were spreading in the water to catch them. When the fox suggested that they could find safety by coming out of the water to live alongside him on dry land the fish scorned his advice. 'You are supposed to be the cleverest of animals,' they said, 'but you speak like a fool. If we have so much to fear in our natural habitat - the water - how much more will we be in danger in a surrounding where we cannot survive!'" "To us Jews," concluded Rabbi Akiva, "Torah is our life, just as water is for the fish. If we are in danger while in our natural habitat, how much greater will our danger be if we abandon it!" (Brachot 61b). When ...
- The Purim Parade - children's song - Leon Perfect for little ones to march to during a Purim parade! Composed by Carol Boyd Leon, "The Purim Parade" was recorded in 2004 on her "Gan Shirim" (A Garden of Songs) double album which includes 70 original songs that teach about Jewish holidays, values and more through fun. To hear song samples of all 70 "Gan Shirim" songs, please visit and click on "Jewish Music" and then "Gan Shirim" or use this link: There's also a 163-page "Gan Shirim" songbook and each song can be purchased as individual sheet music. If you enjoyed this video, you may also like Carol's other Jewish videos including: "Groundhog Noses" (a Tu B'shevat song) "Tu Tu Tu B'shevat" "I Wanna Be A Tree" "Tot Seder" using the "Dayenu!" haggadah "We Give You Thanks" Tot Shabbat "Happy Hanukkah" Please check her channel for other videos or do a search by her name. In "The Purim Parade" video, you can see a photo of Carol as the final Haman and see her Kol NoVa Youth Choir performing the Wizard of Pers-Oz Purim spiel.
- Flora Purim "Casa Forte" Off 1976 "Stories To Tell" this original member of Return To Forever and great Brazillian artist teaming with George Duke, Airto(her husband),Stanley Clarke and Earl Klugh
- Flora Purim - I Feel You Flora Purim
- Stan Getz & Flora Purim Stanley Cowell Miroslav Vitous Jack Dejohnette Paris - 1969
- Crash Course in Purim Avraham Goldhar presents a big picture overview of the Holiday in a fast, easy to remember way.
- Haman Song: a Purim rap Bible Raps http
- Purim Festivities in Jerusalem It's Purim time once again, and Israel is ready to party. Wild costumes, tasty hamantashen and a general party atmosphere are on tap for all to enjoy. In Jerusalem, revelers have taken to the streets and are happy to share their creative get-ups. www.isral21
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about purim
“Some Christians believe Jewish holiday of purim essay on board. These baskets may include a, special purim noisemakers are used during the month known as”
— Line Rider - Forum,
“Purim Blog Postings. Here are the latest articles and postings about Purim from our Here are the latest articles and postings about Purim (and our other Jewish celebrations) from our holiday blog site - Holiday Rap”
— Purim on the Net - Purim Blog,
“Trance Forum " " Forum Party Promotions Archive - purim? Login or Register. to get rid of ads. Trance Forum " " Forum Party Promotions Archive - purim? Copyright © 1997-2010 IsraTrance”
“Independent music and events. JDub artists include Balkan Beat Box, Soulico, Deleon, Sway Machinery, Michael Showalter, Socalled, Girls in Trouble, Wailing Wall, The LeeVees, and Golem. Not-for-profit since 2002”
— JDub Records: Innovative Jewish music, community and cross,
“Milka, I have to tell you what a Purim miracle happened," she began. bill for several months now, and just before Purim the final warning arrived. If”
— Shulamit's Purim Miracle - - - Yad Eliezer Blog,
“Online Pharmacy - purim! Purim. , Gurgaon Blogs, Gurgaon Yellow Pages ,gurgaon, gurgaon yellow pages, gurgaon properties, gurgaon hotels”
— Online Pharmacy - purim! Purim. , Gurgaon Blogs, Gurgaon,
“Forum: Discussion Boards (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1) +--- Forum: Messianic Judaism / Hebrew Roots or Hebraic Thread: Purim (/showthread.php?tid=160) Purim - sheep wrecked - 02-11-2009 08:34 PM. I am trying to find some information on Purim”
— Purim - Printable Version, seekgod.ca
“purim – Rubik's cube. 03:32. This was my costume for purim: You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video browser to view this YouTube video. And there some other pictures in the album: Tags: photo purim video”
— Purim | Fleischer Family Blog, blog.fleischer.hu
“Click on the blog posts below. Leave a comment telling us your favorite Purim basket. Uppdate: Another blog. http://zi.ma/ebc4bf. We are also hosting a Purim Gift Basket”
— 9 Ways to Win a Free Purim Gift Basket (Oh Nuts Blog),