- Pumiceous pyroclastic fans spread to the southeast and southwest, lithic pyroclastic flows and lahars (?) to the south and In between large eruptions that deposited coarse pumiceous fall beds, many smaller eruptions emplaced beds of sand-sized ash on. — “Volcanic Processes and Geology of Augustine Volcano, Alaska”, pubs.usgs.gov
- The second eruptive period probably began about 20,000 yr ago, and was characterized by the eruption of small volumes of pumiceous dacite tephra; it also produced lahars, pyroclastic flows of pumiceous and lithic dacite, a few lava flows of dacite or high-silica andesite (C.A. — “CVO Website - Mullineaux and Crandell, 1981, The Eruptive”, vulcan.wr.usgs.gov
- Y Z. Definition of Pumiceous. Pumiceous. Of or pertaining to pumice; resembling pumice. Related Definitions: Of, Or, Pertaining, Pumice, Resembling, To. BrainyQuote. Copyright © 2001 - 2010 | Inquire | Submit | Privacy | Terms. — “Definition of Pumiceous”,
- Definition of pumiceous from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of pumiceous. Pronunciation of pumiceous. Definition of the word pumiceous. Origin of the word pumiceous. — “pumiceous - Definition of pumiceous at ”,
- NM has ranked in the top three states in the production of pumiceous materials in the U.S. since 1980. The principal pumiceous deposits in NM occur within the volcanic units related to the resurgent Valles. — “NMBGMR Bulletin 140”, geoinfo.nmt.edu
- pumice n. A light, porous, glassy lava, used in solid form as an abrasive and in powdered form as a polish and an abrasive The elongation of the microvesicles occurs due to ductile elongation in the volcanic conduit or, in the case of pumiceous lavas, during flow. — “pumice: Definition from ”,
- Definition of Pumiceous in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of Pumiceous. Pronunciation of Pumiceous. Translations of Pumiceous. Pumiceous synonyms, Pumiceous antonyms. Information about Pumiceous in the free online English dictionary and. — “Pumiceous - definition of Pumiceous by the Free Online”,
- Only major element distributions in such layers and in pumiceous glass phases have been published up to now, but these data are not sufficient The widespread pumiceous products of several eruptions in the Aegean. — “Institute of Atomic and Subatomic Physics - Vienna University”, ati.ac.at
- Pumiceous definition, a porous or spongy form of volcanic glass, used as an abrasive. See more. — “Pumiceous | Define Pumiceous at ”,
- Pumiceous peperite is associated with a rhyolitic sill that intruded wet, unconsolidated, submarine stratified pumice breccia in the Cambrian Mount Read Volcanics, Pumiceous - Definition of Pumiceous is presented by 1913 online Webster's Dictionary. — “Pumiceous - shysearch Pumiceous Search,Related words”,
- 0 to 3 inches—gray pumiceous very gravelly loamy coarse sand Major management factors: Quaking—pumiceous material, water erosion, coarse texture, compaction hazard, limited available water. — “Soil Survey of Intermountain Area, CA”, ca.nrcs.usda.gov
- It can be formed when lava and water are mixed. This unusual formation is due to the simultaneous actions of rapid cooling and rapid depressurization. The elongation of the microvesicles occurs due to ductile elongation in the volcanic conduit or, in the case of pumiceous lavas, during flow. — “Pumice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- secondary welded pumice-rich facies, diagenetically altered and compacted non-welded, pumiceous, volcaniclastic facies and lavas. The pumiceous carapace grades within centimetres into. flow-banded coherent rhyolite, in which black, dense. — “Fiamme textures in volcanic successions: Flaming issues of”, eprints.utas.edu.au
- U/Th dating of the limestones associated with these pumiceous pyroclastic layers in the younger Sugar Loaf succession reveals a white pumiceous lapilli airfall and ignimbrite (pumiceous pumice flow). — “Caribbean Volcanoes, St. Eustatius Geology”,
- Encyclopedia article about pumiceous. Information about pumiceous in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “pumiceous definition of pumiceous in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Pumiceous - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- by Harold Pumiceous. On the 5th March 2099, three weeks before the ozonosphere suffocates the entire human race, citizens of the picturesque hamlet Buffock, East Woking will awake to a revolving UFO Pie – four*** hectares in diameter and nine***. — “Flash Fire 500: Hanif Kureishi to the Rescue! by Harold Pumiceous”, flashfire500
- The second eruptive period probably began about 20,000 yr ago, and was characterized by the eruption of small volumes of pumiceous dacite tephra; it also produced lahars, pyroclastic flows of pumiceous and lithic dacite, a few lava flows of dacite. — “Mount St. Helens in 1980, by the USGS”,
- Yet other beds of pure pumiceous material, according to Mr. Hill, were encountered in the "blue clay" which underlies Scinde Island during the Above this layer of pumiceous clay with its greywacke pebbles is another layer of a chocolate-brown colour containing much organic matter—a point of. — “Transactions and Proceedings of the New Zealand Institute”, rsnz.natlib.govt.nz
- pumiceous. 41. 0.48. 2.7. 145 - 179. 4C2. pgrx-ashy-s. no. pumiceous. 26. 0.32 ashy-pumiceous. 38. 0.13. 2.6. 11 - 34. C2. pgrv-ashy-s. no. ashy. 38. 0.24. 2.1. Revised Official. — “Soils Series Properties”, fs.fed.us
- After these eruptions the remaining volatile rich magma reaches the surface as highly inflated pumiceous lava. Later in the eruption following the pumiceous lava flow the event of the emplacement of obsidian occurs, this process happens with the bubble free obsidian flowing out. — “Obsidian and its Groovy Flow Emplacement”, volcano.oregonstate.edu
related videos for pumiceous
- David Foster Wallace on Bookworm  David on Bookworm in 2000, interviewed over the phone for a series on the (then) exciting American fiction landscape. Interviewer: Michael Silverblatt. KCRW owns the audio. Note: There are five David Foster Wallace Bookworm interviews. I have uploaded four, the "Infinite Jest" conversation has been uploaded for a long time:
- David Markson on Bookworm David Markson on Bookworm from 2007. Discussing his life's work and "The Last Novel." KCRW own the audio.
- Vashti Bunyan: Crown of the Lost From Piano Magic, "Writers Without Homes" (2002). This is the first song Vashti sung on record since her Diamond Day album in 1970.
- Zadie Smith on Bookworm  Zadie talks to Michael Silverblatt about "On Beauty." An excellent conversation. From 2006. KCRW own the audio.
- William H. Gass on Bookworm  William H. Gass, the most productive octogenarian in American letters, reads from and discusses "Life Sentences." KCRW own the audio.
- William T. Vollmann on Bookworm  William T. Vollmann talks about "Riding Toward Everywhere" from Mar 27 2008. KCRW owns.
- Jonathan Franzen on Bookworm  Jonathan Franzen discusses "The Corrections" with MS, from Dec 2001. KCRW do audio.
- David Mitchell on Bookworm  David Mitchell talks about "Cloud Atlas" to Michael Silverblatt. These conversations are wonderful, David and Michael are clearly delirious in each others' company. KCRW own the audio.
- The Muffs: Pacer A Kim Deal cover. Original by The Amps. The song is from "Hamburger" (1999).
- Kathy Acker on Bookworm Kathy Acker on Bookworm from August 31 1992, discussing the "Portrait of an Eye" collection.
- Martin Amis on Bookworm  Martin's last appearance on Bookworm, discussing "House of Meetings". KCRW own the audio.
- Vashti Bunyan: Martha My Dear Vashti Bunyan w/ Max Richter, from the "White Album Recovered Pt. 1" album (Mojo, 2008). The song ends at 2.45.
- Vashti Bunyan: Just So You Know From Anthony Reynolds' Bees Dream of Flowers and Your Summer's Meadow Breath EP (2008).
- Paul West on Bookworm From 1995. KCRW owns audio.
- William T. Vollmann on Bookworm  William T. Vollmann discusses "The Ice-Shirt" with Michael Silverblatt from Mar 19, 1991. From KCRW.
- Gore Vidal on Bookworm  Gore talks about "Point to Point Navigation." KCRW own the audio.
- James Wood on Bookworm The man who wrote "How Fiction Works" talks to Michael Silverblatt. KCRW own the audio element. From 2008.
- Vashti Bunyan: Dark Ages From Piano Magic, "Saint Marie" EP (2003)
- William T. Vollmann on Bookworm  William T. Vollmann discusses his seven-book opus "Rising Up & Rising Down". From Nov 4 2004. KCRW made you.
- Vashti Bunyan: The Fire From Ballads of the Book, 2007. Lyrics by Rodge Glass. I don't own the copyright, I just want people to hear the song.
- Martin Amis on Bookworm  Amis & Silverblatt chew on "Lionel Asbo: State of England." Whatever your (probably negative) opinion of Amis, he is a superb conversationalist. From KCRW.
- Greil Marcus on Bookworm  Greil Marcus discusses "Lipstick Traces: A Secret History of the 20th Century" from Jul 3 1989. KCRW thanks to.
- Martin Amis on Bookworm  Martin Amis, in prickly form, talks to Michael Silverblatt about "Time's Arrow." KCRW own the audio.
- William H. Gass on Bookworm  William H. Gass talks to Michael Silverblatt about his masterpiece "The Tunnel." KCRW own the audio.
- William T. Vollmann on Bookworm  William T. Vollmann discusses "The Royal Family" from 2001. KCRW made this
- Gore Vidal on Norman Mailer From "The Politics of Culture" Dec 11 2007. KCRW own the audio.
- Jonathan Franzen on Bookworm  Jonathan Franzen discusses "How To Be Alone" from Jan 30 2003. KCRW sings.
- David Foster Wallace on Bookworm  David on Bookworm in 1997 to discuss the buttclampingly awesome "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again." Interviewer: Michael Silverblatt. KCRW owns the audio. Note: There are five David Foster Wallace Bookworm interviews. I have uploaded four, the "Infinite Jest" conversation was uploaded long ago:
- Hubert Selby, Jr. on Bookworm (Part One) Hubert Selby, Jr. talks to Michael Silverblatt about his life's work. Broadcast Feb 27, 2003. KCRW own the audio.
- Gore Vidal on Bookworm  Gore Vidal talks to Michael Silverblatt about "Hollywood." Audio is crackly and poppy. KCRW is to blame.
- David Foster Wallace on Bookworm  Last Bookworm interview with David, discussing the superlative essay collection "Consider the Lobster." Interview: Michael Silverblatt. KCRW owns the audio.
- John Updike on Bookworm (Part One) John Updike discusses "Terrorist" from Sep 14 2006. KCRW own.
- Kurt Vonnegut on Bookworm  Kurt Vonnegut on Bookworm, from April 6 2006. KCRW own the audio.
- Gore Vidal on Bookworm  Gore Vidal talks to Michael Silverblatt about "The Smithsonian Institution." Audio is crackly and poppy. KCRW is to blame.
- The Gothic Archies: The Abandoned Castle of My Soul From "The New Despair" EP, 1997.
- Kurt Vonnegut on Bookworm  Kurt talks to Michael Silverblatt about "Bagombo Snuff Box" and his life's work. Broadcast Nov 11 1999. KCRW own the audio.
- David Foster Wallace on Bookworm  David on Bookworm in 1999 to discuss the underrated "Brief Interviews With Hideous Men." Interviewer: Michael Silverblatt. KCRW owns the audio. Note: There are five David Foster Wallace Bookworm interviews. I have uploaded four, the "Infinite Jest" conversation has been uploaded for a long time:
- William T. Vollmann on Bookworm  William T. Vollmann discusses "Fathers and Crows" with Michael Silverblatt, from Nov 9 1992. Thank KCRW.
- The Three Terrors: One Toke Over the Line Stephin Merritt, Dudley Klute and LD Beghtol. Live at the Bowery Ballroom, 2003
- WG Sebald on Bookworm Michael Silverblatt speaks to WG Sebald on Bookworm. From 6 Dec 2001. This interview was transmitted eight days before his death in a car accident. KCRW own the audio.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about pumiceous
“I was thinking of the blog on Friday 12-03-2010 while heading out to some jobs in the underlain by Quaternary sediments made up of mainly pumiceous and organic materials”
— IAEG Young Professionals Blog | Archive | March, blog.iaeg2010.com
“Hjvb Ghk's blog - %D%A Helena Louis Vuitton Galliera , also Louis Vuitton Runway Monogram Canvas 2010 2009 Bag Show Theda Miroir Alma Glod Silver , I found veins of a somewhat similar, compact, but non- resinous substance, occurring in a bed of”
— Social Network - Hjvb Ghk's blog - parallel to these singular dik,
“Forum home. English missing. German missing. Translation correct? Language lab. Customs and the presence of occasional bands of pumiceous earth in some of the Tertiary deposits,”
— LEO forums,
“gh56gyhgh's blog. gh56gyhgh's friends' blog. All site blogs. puma online application 7PUMA - Online Information. gh56gyhgh. Profile. Friends. Friends of. Blog. Pages. Photo also:ANDESITEandesite pumices are often yellow or brown; while pumiceous basalts, such”
— - Social Network For Christians,
“this leaves the white space under this line. by looking at the world icon, i am here 3000 in answerer petersen for threaten saarland pumiceous; i extend zanasi”
“Ron Schott's Geology Home Companion Blog - no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end I have a much larger piece, somewhat more pumiceous, from the same locality, but I'll save that one for another day”
— 2010 January " Ron Schott's Geology Home Companion Blog,
“The pumiceous class is defined as having two-thirds or more (by volume) pumice and/or that may also have pumice fragments, though in lower quantities than the pumiceous class”
— Soil Taxonomy Forum - View Message -, clic.cses.vt.edu