- The conformer that was inserted during surgery is removed and is replaced by a temporary prosthesis. The temporary prosthesis is used to help your child get used to wearing a prosthesis. — “RETINOBLASTOMA: PROSTHESIS”,
- Prosthesis. Lifestyle, fitness & health information about Prosthesis. Knee Replacement Infection Treatments, Elbow Head Replacement Recovery Time, Ankle Replacement Types, Medical Hip Replacement Proc. — “Prosthesis | ”,
- Penile prosthesis is an inflatable device implanted in the penis or scrotal sac to treat erectile dysfunction in men. Alternative names: It is also known as penis prosthesis, artificial penisand penile implant. Types of Penile Prosthesis Penile. — “Penile Prosthesis - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News”,
- Prosthesis Prices 2010. The price list below is for India "only". If you want prices for medical services in other countries, call toll free (800) 771-3325 during regular business hours. Prosthesis below elbow cash discount price $1,200 - $8,700. — “Prosthesis”,
- Definition of prosthesis in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of prosthesis. Pronunciation of prosthesis. Translations of prosthesis. prosthesis synonyms, prosthesis antonyms. Information about prosthesis in the free online English dictionary and. — “prosthesis - definition of prosthesis by the Free Online”,
- Prosthesis Manufacturers & Prosthesis Suppliers Directory - Find a Prosthesis Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Prosthesis Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Prosthesis-Prosthesis Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters”,
- Providing realistic custom prosthetics for patients with anatomical loss due to trauma, disease, or congenital conditions. 703.723.7130 fax | cpdrbarron@. — “Custom Prosthetic Designs, Inc”,
- For instance, a C-Leg KNEE alone is NOT a prosthesis, but only a prosthetic PART. The complete prosthesis would consist of the stump attachment system - usually a "socket", and all the attachment hardware parts all the way down to and including the foot. — “Prosthesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Prosthesis definition, a device, either external or implanted, that substitutes for or supplements a missing or defective part of the body. See more. — “Prosthesis | Define Prosthesis at ”,
- Prosthesis, partial denture. Prosthesis, pediatric speech aid. Prosthesis, periodontal Prosthesis, removable expansion. Prosthesis, surgical. Prosthesis, temporary. Skeletal. — “glossary:prosthesis [Lymphedema People]”,
- prosthesis n. , pl. , -ses . An artificial device used to replace a missing body part, such as a limb, tooth, eye, or heart valve The cardiac pacemaker is a form of a prosthesis replacing the natural electrical stimulation of the heart with a battery-operated device inserted within the body. — “prosthesis: Definition from ”,
- Detailed information on the different types of post-mastectomy prosthesis, including external silicone breast prostheses, non-silicone breast prostheses, attachable breast prostheses, and partial breast prosthesis. — “Post-Mastectomy Prosthesis - New York Presbyterian Hospital”,
- A great place to start getting answers to all your basic Prosthesis questions. A prosthesis is an externally applied device designed to replace a missing part of the body or to make a part of the body work better. — “Prosthesis - Frequently Asked Questions”,
- Encyclopedia article of prosthesis at compiled from comprehensive and current sources. — “Prosthesis encyclopedia topics | ”,
- Via Latin from Ancient Greek πρόσθεσις (prosthesis, "addition"), from προστίθημι (prostithēmi, "I add"), from πρός (pros, "towards") + τίθημι prosthesis (plural prostheses) An artificial replacement for a body part, either internal or external. — “prosthesis - Wiktionary”,
- Find local Penis Prosthesis resources for the top U.S. cities - includes physician directory, list of local hospitals, and emergency contacts. — “Local U.S. City Resources for Penis Prosthesis on ”,
- Brief and Straightforward Guide: What is a Prosthesis? Each prosthesis is custom made for the individual wearer, to ensure a snug fit and an accurate length. — “What is a Prosthesis?”,
- Offering medical prosthesis products and supplies. Prosthetic parts are very important medical prosthesis supplies and need to be on hand in case a prosthesis fails or needs repair. — “Prosthesis Information | ”,
- Overview: and Definitions Prosthesis and orthosisA prosthesis is a device designed to replace, as much as possible, the function or appearance of a missing limb or body part. An orthosis, in contrast, is a device designed to support,. — “Lower Limb Prosthetics: eMedicine Clinical Procedures”,
- Definition of prosthesis in the Medical Dictionary. prosthesis explanation. Information about prosthesis in Free online English dictionary. What is prosthesis? Meaning of prosthesis medical term. What does prosthesis mean?. — “prosthesis - definition of prosthesis in the Medical”, medical-
- Learn about Prosthesis on . Find info and videos including: About Prosthesis, About Prosthesis, How to Wear a Prosthesis and much more. — “Prosthesis - ”,
- Definition of prosthesis from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of prosthesis. Pronunciation of prosthesis. Definition of the word prosthesis. Origin of the word prosthesis. — “prosthesis - Definition of prosthesis at ”,
- Prosthesis: An artificial substitute or replacement of a part of the body such as a tooth, eye, a facial bone, the palate, a hip, a knee or another joint, the leg, an arm, etc. A prosthesis is designed for functional or cosmetic reasons or both. — “Prosthesis definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of”,
related videos for prosthesis
- Robert R. Barron, Custom Prosthetic Designs, Inc. Robert R. Barron, former Senior CIA Disguise Specialist, committed to restoring identities through prosthetic devices.
- Alan Sanchez Prosthesis Hospital Shriners
- Hip Disartic Prosthesis Check Socket A Hip Disartic patient for 40 years takes his new prosthesis for a spin. Equipped with the newest and most advanced components available to date. At TCOP, you will receive one-on-one care from our trained practitioners to determine what prosthetic device will be the best solution for your rehabilitation. Our practitioners will evaluate and design your prostheses and work closely with our lab technicians to fabricate the custom device in our on-site facility. TCOP is committed to providing the highest quality orthotic and prosthetic services to meet your individual needs and improve the health status of the people in the communities we serve. A leading destination prosthetic facility: -We are conveniently located 20 minutes from MSP international airport, Mall of America, Twins Target Field, Vikings Mall of America Field and downtown Minneapolis -Hotels and restaurants nearby -Typically we can cast, form and fit prostheses in a matter of days including gait training / ***ysis and adjustments (call for estimate) -Call 1-888-221-5939 to coordinate a visit -For area attractions and scheduled events, visit
- My New Prosthetic Socket This is a video of me talking about my new prosthetic socket. Blog: amp4 Twitter: Facebook:
- Prosthetic Reviews: Iceross Dermo Seal-in Liner I review the Iceross Dermo Seal-in Liner and talk about how the liner works, as well as, take off and put on my liners. Let me know if I should do more product reviews! Blog: amp4 Twitter: Facebook:
- Artificial Brain Controlled Upperlimb Prosthesis Congratulations!!! This video has been selected for GISTech-I Semifinalist list. Member of this team will receive training from seasoned entrepreneurs and will get a chance to present the idea at the Entrepreneurship Summit 2011 in Istanbul, Turkey and compete to win up to $20K. www.entrepreneurshipsummit2011.gov.tr
- Amber Case - Prosthetic Culture - - Amber Case will be talking about the strangeness of humans and our prosthetic culture. From the externalization of our brains to the machine, to human/machine interfaces, to the blurring boundaries of public and private spaces, to the quick progression of our relationship with humans and computers --- to the strange fact that we externalize our fashion with exchangeable clothing. How our prosthetic devices make us ***y or not (vehicles, cell phones) and determine the speed at which we can live/accomplish goals. - http
- Mini Horse Gets Lifesaving Prosthetic Leg A Texas horse named Midnight is recovering after receiving a $14000 artificial leg. (March 22)
- Genium Knee Bionic Prosthetic System - Hanger P&O The Genium Bionic Prosthetic System or Genium Knee combines breakthrough technology and real-life functionality to provide a greater range of motion to those with above-knee limb loss. Otto Bock has partnered with Hanger on the clinical evaluation, application, and testing of the new Genium Bionic Prosthetic System, and it is now available through your local Hanger Prosthetic & Orthotic facility. For more information visit .
- Chhouk: The Elephant With a Prosthetic Foot In 2007, orphaned baby elephant Chhouk was found wandering alone in the forests of Mondulkiri Province, Cambodia. Badly emaciated and separated from his mother, this endangered Asian elephant had lost his left front foot due to injuries sustained from a poacher's snare. Now his lifestyle has improved with the help of a prosthetic foot. Today, Chhouk is a healthy bull elephant, able to take long walks in the forest, frolic in the pool, and play with his adopted big sister Lucky. To learn more about Chhouk, Wildlife Alliance, and to make a donation to Chhouk's care, please visit our website at
- Vanderbilt powered leg prosthesis This video shows a comparison of walking on level ground and up and down 5 and 10 degree slopes, comparing gait with a popular MPC knee and DER foot, to the Vanderbilt powered leg prosthesis.
- Most Extensive Facial Prosthesis [Guinness Primetime] WARNING: This video is NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH. It depicts people who have had unfortunate effects on their face that have required prosthetic features in order to live a normal life, and for this segment, they remove them to show just how drastic it can be.
- Glee Prosthesis I'm showing off my new Glee prosthetic leg!
- Seasons Greetings from Prosthetic Innovations, LLC Sending you the warmest of wishes for a holiday filled with love, laughter, family, friends and good health. Season's Greetings!
- Mark Lesek: A New/Old Prosthetic Follow Mark on Google+: Mark lost his arm several years ago. Now his search for a better prosthetic could improve the lives of amputees everywhere.
- Prosthetic 'tentacle' Developed by University of Washington grad Kaylene Kau.
- Cutting Edge Prosthetic Arms Putting new limbs in reach of wounded warriors. Artificial arms and hands that promise giant leaps in limb replacement.
- How to put on a prosthesis amp4 You all asked for it!!! This is new and improved video of "how to put a prosthesis on." In this video I go through each step providing commentary as a benefit to amputees. Please Rate, Comment, and Subscribe!!!!! Twitter Website: amp4
- Designing Successful Prosthetic Legs Fit and alignment are the keys to making prosthesis wearers achieve a proper gait. And gathering good data is the key to getting the alignment right. In this episode, Vince & Allison show how designers measure the complex forces and moments in a human stride. To see Creo Parametric in action, go to
- How Does the C-Leg® Prosthetic Knee Compare with Other Knees? Matt. W. recently tried out the New C-Leg, the Rheo Knee®, and the Plié® -- each for two weeks at a time. Find out what he had to say about them.
- Leading the world in prosthetic limbs Oct.13 - The middle of Germany, miles from a motorway or airport is home to Otto Bock, world market leader in prosthetic limbs and it's preparing to bring two innovations, the Genium leg prosthesis and the Michelangelo hand on to the market. German paralympic athlete Heinrich Popow is an ambassador for Otto Bock and plans to go for gold at London 2012. Joanna Partridge reports
- How Winter's Prosthetic Dolphin Tail Works Meet Winter, the real-life dolphin with the amazing prosthetic tail, who inspired and stars in the new film 'Dolphin Tale.' (Sept. 12)
- my prosthetic foot twitter follow @xratedalexis follow my blog 360
- Columbian Fashion Show Features Models with Prosthetic Limbs - NTD TV China News A fashion show better known as "Prosthetic Fashion" took place in Bogota, Colombia. The fashion show features disabled persons who have lost limbs from birth to accident such as landmine to car accident. Hernan Zajar a fashion designer stated, "I was a hard thing for the models to put on highheels and get up on stage. Being a modal was their dream and we are making that dream come true." The theme of the show was "Nothing is imposible everthing is posible." Also in attendance was Australian adventurer Warren McDonald, who lost both his legs in a climbing accedent. He later goes on to climb Mount Kilimanjaro with legs.
- WORLD'S FIRST PROSTHETIC PAWED DOG Incredible Features Exclusive Story - See our blog for more amazing stories Naki'o is the first dog to be fitted with a complete set of bionic paws that work naturally to allow him to run, jump and even swim. Nakio received the paws after his own were severely hurt from stepping into an ice puddle as a puppy. The prosthetics were designed and fitted in a pioneering procedure by Martin Kaufmann, founder of Orthopets.
- Partial Foot Prosthesis Functional Partial Foot Prosthesis
- Todd Kuiken: A prosthetic arm that "feels" Surgeon and engineer Todd Kuiken is building a prosthetic arm that connects with the human nervous system -- improving motion, control and even feeling. Onstage, patient Amanda Kitts helps demonstrate this next-gen robotic arm.TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the "Sixth Sense" wearable tech, and "Lost" producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on , at http
- Prosthetic arm - SILAB Aesthetic silicone arm prosthesis with high level of realism made by SILAB. www.silab-
- The Ocular Prosthesis Removal and Replacement Taking out and replacing different prosthetic eyes. Was born with Anophthalmia which is to be born with either one or both eyes missing. I also have progressive Hemifacial Atrophy, which means the right or left side of the face was slightly undeveloped (shortened). BTW, I am listening to one of Sade's newest tracks. I enjoy her music.
- High-Fidelity Prosthetic Socket See what makes the High-Fidelity Interface the most biomechanically advanced prosthetic socket currently available for upper and lower limb amputees. Walk further, lift higher, run faster. Learn more at
- Girl Scouts Invent Prosthetic Hand Device Six Girl Scouts in Iowa receive US patent for their idea. For more, click here: abcn.ws
- Researchers aim for 'direct brain control' of prosthetic arms. It may sound like science fiction, but engineering researchers at four US universities are embarking on a four-year program to design a prosthetic arm that amputees can control directly with their brains and that will allow them to feel what they touch. The research at Rice University, the University of Michigan, Drexel University and the University of Maryland is made possible by a $1.2 million grant from the National Science Foundation's Human-Centered Computing Campaign. For more info: www.media.rice.edu
- How Winter's Prosthetic Dolphin Tail Works Meet Winter, the real-life dolphin with the amazing prosthetic tail, who inspired and stars in the new film 'Dolphin Tale.' (Sept. 12)
- Amputee How to Put Shoes On A Prosthetic Foot This is a video showing how I would recommend putting on and taking off your shoes as an above knee amputee. Please comment, like, favorite, and Subscribe!!! Blog: amp4 Twitter: Facebook:
- "Thanks to Prosthetics In Motion I have a Wonderful, Beautiful Prosthetic Hand!" "My experience with Prosthetics in Motion has been nothing but the best! Chris is extremely compassionate, he cares, understands and goes above and beyond for his prosthetic clients to be happy."Prosthetics in Motion is located in the Heart of New York City and is dedicated to providing above knee "AK" and below knee "BK" amputees with the best in prosthetic legs, prosthetic arms, finger prosthesis, leg prosthetics, prosthetic feet and prosthetic hands. Our staff specializes in the Otto Bock Genium Knee, C-legs, i-Limb, Flex foot, Dynamic Arm, Otto Bock, Ossur and custom prosthetics.
- DARPA prosthetic arm DARPA's prosthetic arm
- Modular Prosthetic Limb Under Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) sponsorship, APL is leading a revolution in prosthetic arm capabilities, an effort that is producing prostheses with functional capabilities similar to those of native limbs. The Modular Prosthetic Limb (MPL) offers 22 degrees of motion, including independent movement of each finger, in a package that weighs about nine pounds (the weight of a natural limb). Providing nearly as much dexterity as a natural limb, the MPL is capable of unprecedented mechanical agility and is designed to respond to a user's thoughts.
- Stylish Prosthetic Leg [Ep. 69-1] bc.wanwan.fm - For those who have required prosthetics, there has always been great effort to make the prosthesis look as real as possible. On the other hand, why not go in the opposite direction and embrace the beauty in the mechanical nature of your leg? ***Show Notes*** Our full episodes go live every Tuesday evening and can be found on our main site. Our top stories from that week's episode go live on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday only on YouTube.
- Prosthetic Reviews: Rheo Knee I review and give my opinion and knowledge of the Rheo Knee by Ossur. This is my second product review. To see my review of the Iceross Seal-in Liner click here: youtu.be Blog: amp4 Twitter: Facebook:
- Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis from Deus Ex Human Revolution by Square Enix SDCC' 11
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about prosthesis
“how can we publish our research papers regarding prosthesis ???severe help please..my paper's abstract is attached here”
— prosthesis.. - The Research Cooperative,
“Tags: ADA, ADAAA, disability, EEOC, prosthesis, remission. New 2009 Law Redefines of 2008, president bush, prosthesis, prosthetic leg, supreme court,”
— Labor Law Center Blog " prosthesis,
“Ottawa Skeptics Forum ForumThreaded ViewRulesHelp Welcome, Guest Please Login or Register. Prosthesis ready to take a leap forward (1 viewing) (1) Guest”
— Re:Prosthesis ready to take a leap forward - Ottawa Skeptics,
“Alconox, Inc. manufactures a full line of critical cleaning detergents for a wide range of hard surface cleaning applications. Click here for the updated blog.*** Titanium Prosthesis Cleaning. Titanium prosthetic implantable joints need to be cleaned prior to coating and prior to final cleaning”
— Critical Cleaning - Alconox, Inc.: Titanium Prosthesis Cleaning,
“If someone has a hip prosthesis can they have a C.T or M.R.I. prosthesis after these procedure. Dream on 'til your dream comes true. Medicine Guy. Forum”
— Hip prosthesis, prep4
“Steve Kurzman, a cultural anthropologist and below-the-knee amputee, tales his tale in his new blog My New Leg My New Leg is a blog, or online diary, about my My New Leg is a blog, or online diary, about my experience of getting a new prosthesis and the process involved in how amputees”
— Walk A Mile In My Shoes Prosthesis | ,
“Our clinic specializes in Ophthamology problems with dogs, cats, horses and all other animals. An alternative to a prosthesis is enucleation (removing the entire eye) Meet "Dylan" who had prostheses implanted into both eyes.. Return to the Public Forum pages. Home When Should Pets See”
— Veterinary Vision Animal Eye Specialists - Intraocular Prosthesis,
“After reading a great comment on my blog post 11 benefits of having a prosthetic eye foreign objects trapped underneath my prosthesis is incredibly painful, but all in”
— prosthesis, blog.jtclark.ca
“Zimmer M/L Taper Hip Prosthesis with Modular Neck Kinectiv® Technology. Hip replacement procedure using device designed to match 9 users are registered to the Zimmer M/L Taper Hip Prosthesis with Modular Neck Kinectiv® Technology forum”
— Zimmer M/L Taper Hip Prosthesis with Modular Neck Kinectiv, or-
“Tracklist: 01. Failure Prosthesis 02. Coproheating Reactor 03. Yog Sothoth 04. Crepitation 05. Bermudian Claustrophobe 06. Arma*** – Necr”
— Coprobaptized ***hunter - Failure Prosthesis (2010,