- Save on Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and Other Boneheaded Bureaucrats are Turning America into a Nation of Children with prices starting at $14.97 from Barnes and Noble. Read product reviews, find. — “Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders”,
- Definition of priggish in the Dictionary. Meaning of priggish. What does priggish mean? Proper usage of the word priggish. Information about priggish in the dictionary, synonyms and antonyms. — “What does priggish mean? definition and meaning (Free English”,
- stiff,hike, tramp, stiffen, censure, priggish, prissy. prissy (adjective) Excessively or priggish, prudish, square-toed, straight-laced, tight-laced, victorian, puritanical, prim. — “英文人行道 et cetera, et cetera: stiff,hike, tramp, stiffen”, word-
- Synonyms for priggish. Other words for priggish. Different words for priggish. Antonyms of priggish. — “priggish - Synonyms from Roget's A-Z Thesaurus and Roget's II”,
- "His manners, I think, you said are not to your taste?--priggish and parsonic?" "I never mentioned his manners; but, unless I had a very bad taste, they must suit it; they are polished, calm, and gentlemanlike." Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre. Mrs. Morel hated her for making her son like this. — “priggish - SAT words”,
- priggish adjective - definition from Cambridge Dictionary Online: like a prig. — “Definition of priggish adjective from Cambridge Dictionary”,
- Holiday Posters. GS Thinkpads. Wedding Poster. Yale Thesis Show. Thesis Book. Projection Booth 16 x 16. Hometowns. L. Kahn Movie. Plant Movie. Make Room Invites. Movie Invites. Alexander. — “Alexander Rysdon-Moulitsas”,
- .An extremely conventional or priggish person. After Mrs. Grundy, character alluded to in .by excessive concern for propriety and good form: bluenosed, genteel, old-maidish, precise, priggish, prim, proper, prudish, puritanical, strait-laced, stuffy, Victorian . Search for books related to your. — “Search Results for "priggish"”,
- No results found for "priggish nesses" Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc. Advertisement. — “priggish nesses definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta”,
- priggish, sanctified, sanctimonious, self-satisfied, smug, sniveling, superior, unctuous priggish, prim, prudish, puritanical, sanctified, self-righteous, simon-pure, smug,. — “smug - - Free Thesaurus Tool for Word Discovery”,
- Definition of priggish in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of priggish. Pronunciation of priggish. Translations of priggish. priggish synonyms, priggish antonyms. Information about priggish in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “priggish - definition of priggish by the Free Online”,
- Priggish definition, a person who displays or demands of others pointlessly precise conformity, fussiness about trivialities, or exaggerated propriety, esp. in a See more. — “Priggish | Define Priggish at ”,
- Definition of priggish from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of priggish. Pronunciation of priggish. Definition of the word priggish. Origin of the word priggish. — “priggish - Definition of priggish at ”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Priggish - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Alec Guinness won an Academy Award for his role as the rigid and priggish British Army Col. Nicholson in ``The Bridge on the River Kwai.'" AP Photo. — “Alec Guinness won an Academy Award for his - Media (1 of 3”,
- Prig·gish a. Like a prig; conceited; pragmatical. -- Prig·gish·ly , priggish. Top. Home > Library > Literature & Language > WordNet. Note: click on a word meaning below to see its connections and related words. The adjective has one meaning:. — “priggish: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- Powell's Books is the largest independent used and new bookstore in the world. We carry an extensive collection of out of print How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and other Boneheaded Bureaucrats are Turning America into a Nation of Children. — “Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders”,
- We found 20 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word priggish: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "priggish" is defined. General (18 matching dictionaries) priggish: Compact Oxford English Dictionary [home, info]. — “Definitions of priggish - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- priggish (comparative more priggish, superlative most priggish) Retrieved from "http:///wiki/priggish" Categories: English words suffixed with -ish | English adjectives. — “priggish - Wiktionary”,
- Definition of priggish in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is priggish? Meaning of priggish as a legal term. What does priggish mean in law?. — “priggish legal definition of priggish. priggish synonyms by”, legal-
- Priggish-ness can be viewed as a symptom of institutionalisation, whether it be in politics, the armed forces or public school. Typical of Malvolio's priggish response to irreverent behaviour is his objection to the. — “Prig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
related images for priggish
- Why is this sort of stuff tolerated by the moderators here I complained about this post Next thing I know I get slammed with 4 WL points for calling someone priggish because he gave a new guy a hard time for asking a question about Internet
- tutor I knew what misogyny meant The female students who are picketing the heats of Miss University London have plastered the word misogyny across their banners with gusto and glee Enlarge Catwalk capers Miss University London LSE contestants This is not just misguided it is a throwback to the priggish doctrines of ancient hairy feminism when anyone who didn t
- splash2 05 jpg
- yale school of art Some of you may think it priggish but I love portraiture And I also love pretty much every painter to come out of Yale in the last 15 years I don t know what they re feeding these people
- The Gathering Place mixed media Priggish Purse computer graphic
- carry it from its uproarious opening all the way to its delightful denoument How could any forties filly top Kath s snobby priggish Tracy Lord in all her hearthfires and holocausts glory Easily if you take it from Ginger Rogers Hep s blonde box office rival and fellow RKO It Girl of the 1930s Though she made her name as the ***ier half of the most popular dance duo in
- Feel Priggish By eating grass This is a painting by Camille Pissarro entitled Farm at Montfoucault Snow Effect 1876
- As I wove my way through the packed ballroom I all but ignored the priggish stares It started with a toothy lobbyist holding court by the hotel wing entrance the one who brought his golf
related videos for priggish
- Resolute Geg-in - Preconceived Langlauf A bit of preaching about treating someone based on where they're from, using the instrument made famous by George Formby. If you're wondering what a geg-in is, look here: If you're wondering what a langlauf is, it means "long run" in German and some people use it to mean that. Ask Susie Dent. Definitely an underused word. I typed the lyrics in capitals so you'll have to read them in capitals; enjoy: THERE'S NOTHING GEORGRAPHICAL ABOUT CRIMINALISTIC TENDENCIES. JUST BECAUSE A MAN ONCE HAD A KLEPTOMANIACAL URGE FOR MAD PYJAMAS OR SOME SAUERKRAUT OR A BAG OF FROZEN PEAS. WELL, HE HAD TO FEED HIS FAMILY. IF AT ONCE YOU'D TRAIPSED YOUR LAST TRACE OF LUCK ACROSS THE LIVING ROOM FLOOR, REST ASSURED THAT FOR ALL OF YOUR ENDEAVOURS, YOU CAN STILL LOSE MORE TO SOME NOVICE NOB WHO'D GONE AND SNUCK THE ONE ONE FROM ONE'S POCKET Á LA CROOK. WELL, HE HAD TO FEED HIS FAMISHED GREED. THE BANDITO'S SKILL'S, AT MOST, UTMOST, BUT THERE'S NEVER ROOM TO BOAST. SOME HIDDEN THINGS ARE USED TO STING MALINGERERS MALINGERING OR SPENDING SPLENDOUR ON ANY DAFT THING, WHILST THOSE THAT AREN'T ARE PRIGGISH. APPARENTLY, IT'S DOWN TO ME. SOME FAMILIES ARE HIGHER BREEDS THAN BUGGERY AND THIEVERY.
- Christmas Lights Norman Lovett switches on the Christmas lights for a top advertising agency.
- minute review - donnie darko Episode two This is a review of a movie named Donnie Darko. plot summary can be read on wikipedia Donnie Darko (played by Jake Gyllenhaal) is a troubled ***ager in suburban Virginia in October 1988. He appears to be suffering the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. At the start of the film, he has recently stopped taking his medication. His parents, Rose and Eddie (Mary McDonnell and Holmes Osborne) and his sisters, Elizabeth and Samantha (Maggie Gyllenhaal and Daveigh Chase), are concerned about him. One night at dinner, Donnie and his sister get into a profane argument during which Elizabeth reveals she knows Donnie is no longer taking his medication. Rose confronts Donnie in his bedroom asking him where her little boy has gone and who the stranger is who has taken his place. As she leaves the room, she hears him call her a "***" from the other side of the door. Feeling guilty, Donnie resumes taking his medication. On October 2, however, he sleepwalks and meets Frank (James Duval), a man in a menacing bunny costume. Frank tells him that in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds, the world will end. That night, a jet engine mysteriously crashes through the roof of the Darkos' house, destroying Donnie's bedroom. As Eddie drives Donnie to the office of Dr. Thurman (Katharine Ross), Donnie's therapist, Eddie nearly runs over Roberta Sparrow, also known as "Grandma Death" (Patience Cleveland). A senile old woman who spends her days walking back and ...
- A Priggish Valentine's Neat little Valentine's ditty for Melanie.
- Bags & Biscuits DVD Clip - "The Rotato" Comedian Norman Lovett in an excerpt from his DVD, Bags & Biscuits. Copies available at
- Bags & Biscuits Clip 03
- she kills her cat and shows her ***s Four independent schools and one sixth-form college send more of their pupils to Oxford and Cambridge than 2000 comprehensives and state-run colleges, according to a study by the Sutton Trust. This statistic is being reported by the teaching unions and their media supporters in priggish tones that imply that public schools are up to their old Oxbridge string-pulling games. Actually, the report finds nothing of the sort: although ancient colleges are willing to lower the bar slightly for bright children from deprived backgrounds, most comprehensives don't come close to meeting the A-level requirements of Oxford and Cambridge. But, more to the point, they don't show much inclination to do so, such is the poverty of aspiration instilled in students by their chippy teachers and anti-elitist governing bodies. Admittedly, a few comprehensives achieve the most rigorous standards: when I was at Oxford, I was always bumping into old boys of the Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School in west London -- clever lads with stellar A-levels and wits sharpened in the pubs of Hammersmith. But I'd be surprised if the Vaughan is still sending many pupils to Oxford in a few years' time. For decades, the Left-wing education department of the Catholic Diocese of Westminster, which controls the Vaughan, has been waging a campaign of intellectual vandalism against the school. In the 1980s it tried but failed to close its sixth form. Now its aim is to stop the oversubscribed all-boys school favouring ...
- Morrissey - Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed Live at the Roundhouse, Camden, London Jan 23, 2008 Thanks to Mozmal and Grahamchard and Chris Adams!
- Bags & Biscuits Clip 04
- Black Rose Theatre Presents: Mame The plot revolves around eccentric Mame Dennis, whose madcap life is disrupted when her deceased brother's son Patrick is entrusted to her care. Rather than bow to convention, Mame introduces the boy to her free-wheeling lifestyle, instilling in him her favorite credo, "Life is a banquet, and most poor souls are starving to death." Also figuring in the story line are Mame's personal secretary Gooch and her "bosom buddy," Tallulah Bankhead-type actress Vera Charles. Mame eventually meets and marries Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside, a Southern aristocrat with a Georgia plantation called Peckerwood. Young Patrick is shipped off to boarding school, and Mame and Beau travel the world on an endless honeymoon that finally ends when Beau falls off an Alp. Mame returns home to discover Patrick has become a priggish snob engaged to an empty-headed debutante. She brings Patrick to his senses in time, and introduces him to the woman who eventually will become his wife. As the story ends, Mame is preparing to take Patrick's young son Peter to India. Set to the Original Broadway Overature. Presented at Black Rose Theatre in Brandon, Mississippi March 6-9 and 13-16, 2008.
- Norman Lovett - Bags & Biscuits DVD Clip "Closing Chat" Comedian Norman Lovett in an excerpt from his DVD, Bags & Biscuits. Copies available at
- Dot The I A wavering bride, a stranger, an earnest groom: "romantic triangle," right? Think again. To that set-up, filmmaker Matthew Parkhill adds twist after twist to shape a surprising romantic thriller. Gael Garcia Bernal (The Motorcycle Diaries) plays the stranger. Natalia Verbeke is Carmen. And James D'Arcy (Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World) portrays her fiance. Each has secrets to be revealed. Each is prey to the others' agendas. Keep your eyes open. Don't miss a detail. Cross your t's and Dot the I. MPAA Rating: NOTRATED (c) Warner Bros. Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
- Morrissey: "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed" (Live on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" 2/5/2009) Morrissey performing "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed" February 5th, 2009 on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
- Miller Interior Design Video | Design in Capitol Hill Keith at Miller Interior Design creatively stewards artistry and craftsmanship with your lifestyle to make your personal surroundings function properly, look beautiful, and feel just like you. Wildly imaginative creativity harnessed to a responsible measure of discipline will suite your taste or help you define it. Working with Keith is a bit like hanging out with the fun brother in your family...only he's not the kind to run off to Vegas with your credit card! Servant leadership and integrity are hallmarks of his design work ethic. Leave out pretention and priggish snobbery. While it is serious business investing in luxurious comfort and good design, Keith makes it his priority to help you laugh your way through the challenges of change. Keith lives and works in downtown Seattle, Washington with his wife, designer Beth Marie Miller, IIDA, LEED AP. Keith has operated Miller Interior Design since 1995. His award-winning creativity has attracted the attention of clients with a vast array of taste preferences and project requirements. Miller Interior Design celebrates your life by tenderly crafting your personal surroundings so they feel just like you. We'll surprise you with creative solutions beyond your imagination but hand tailored to your taste. We'll gently settle you into such a state of delight about where you live that you'll only leave when you have to. Anyone who knows you upon entry will undoubtedly exclaim, "This place is so YOU ...
- Jesus Has Got The Horn First test of decency laws as gallery faces court over 'obscene' statue of Christ A leading art gallery is being taken to court over claims that it outraged public decency by displaying a statue depicting Christ with an erection. The prosecution has been launched by Emily Mapfuwa, 40, an NHS administrator from Brentwood, Es***, who read about the exhibition in newspapers. Father Christopher Warren, of the Roman Catholic cathedral of St Mary's in Newcastle upon Tyne, said: 'For Christians the image of Jesus is very special and to interpret it in a ***ualised way is an affront to what we hold dear.' If we allow this art to be censored on religious grounds, Islam is going to destroy us and, as far as I'm concerned, it's welcome to us. I don't want to be any part of a self-righteous, priggish, small-minded, short-sighted society that gets offended by the work of young artists whose purpose is to confront our fossilised values. Let your comments be known: Send your support to: Aerian Rogers, Head of Development, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, tel: +44 (0)191 440 4935, email: development@ Go and visit the Gallery or visit it on line:
- Wallenstein topples an element. I lit Matt's pants on fire and he freaked out. Then he jumped over a table-top of flames.
- Wudefubephugebre Brahebraswusespu Gaducadrunaruzag. Music is geometry in time wudefubephugebre. I have never let my schooling get in the way of my education brahebraswusespu kuzujetheyawrutu. Wudefubephugebre. I know I pretend to be the apolitical businessman a lot, but the reality is that like anybody who's interested in getting people together with the things they need and want, I have an agenda. I want people to get what they want, and I want them ideally to get it fro me, but most of all I want them to be free to want it and to make offers to get it. Those poor stupid fanatics have ben sold on the idea that what they want is the ability to give themselves a little priggish congratulations over having done the right thing. They'd rather be right than happy. More importantly, they'd rather that I be right than happy and they're not about to leave the choice up to me. I say, let 'em die, and I hope it's slow and it hurts. You ask if I thought my fiction had changed anything in the culture and the answer is no. Sure, there's been some scandal, but people are scandalized all the time; it's a way of life for them. It doesn't mean a thing. If you ask if I want my fiction to change anything in the culture, the answer is still no. What I want is to possess my readers while they are reading my book — if I can, to possess them in ways that other writers don't. Then let them return, just as they were, to a world where everybody else is working to change, persuade, tempt, and control them. The best ...
- Five Finger Exercise: Walter Langer Robert Isaac Harker interprets Walter Langer's monologue from "Five Finger Exercise" by Peter Shaffer. Walter, a German, described as 'secret, precise but not priggish' is in England to tutor 14-year-old Pamela Harrington in languages. His presence has a compelling and significant effect on each member of the family. In this scene he attempts to get through to Clive who is 19 and in a depressed and nervous state. Setting: The Harringtons' weekend cottage in Suffolk. Time: The late 1950s. A classroom exercise at Kemsley Dickinson's workshop "To The Actor" in Dubai, UAE, March 2008.
- TNA Superstar "The Freak" Rob Terry vs. Big Brother star Jessie Godderz TNA has begun endorsing a semi-pro wrestling league named QWEST (Quality Wrestling Every Single Time). Well, the highlight match of the night was Rob Terry, the TNA X Division Champion, facing an over inflated, priggish wanna-be guido, Jessie Godderz. If you don't believe it's Rob Terry, he comes out second, and you can hear them announce him. This happened last night, Saturday. July 23, 2011. Enjoy and comment. ^^ PS: Sorry for the crappy video quality, the lights kept creating a horrible glare, and my camera isn't the best in the first place.
- Bags & Biscuits Clip 05
- NORMAN LOVETT Stand-Up Comedy from Red Dwarf star Norman Lovett's DVD 'Bags & Biscuits'
- morrissey Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
- Morrissey - Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed Doncaster - 2008
- "LASSIE"/"JEFF'S COLLIE": "THE MONSTER", 10/23/55 - 2/3 "Lassie"/"Jeff's Collie": "The Monster", 10/23/55 - Pt. 2 of 3 - The "monster" turns out to be a very playful, and well-trained, seal, which Jeff names Joe. Of course, Jeff wants to keep him, which, as always, goes over really well with Ellen, especially as she's expecting some very priggish spinsters, Louise and Clara, over to do some sewing. So, Jeff and Porky decide to hide him in the upstairs bathtub. Tommy Rettig, Jan Clayton, George Cleveland, Donald Keeler, Kathryn Shelden and Almira Sessions.
- Davos Annual Meeting 2011 - Pundits, Professors and Predictions 29.01.2011 The world's leading opinion-shapers from the media and academia debate possible scenarios for 2011. Among the scenarios to be discussed are - A global economic shock - A regional security crisis - A surprising political breakthrough - A major normative shift • Li Daokui, Director, Center for China in the World Economy (CCWE), People's Republic of China; Mining & Metals Industry Agenda Council • Kishore Mahbubani, Dean, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore; Global Agenda Council on Institutional Governance Systems • Martin Wolf, Associate Editor and Chief Economics Commentator, Financial Times, United Kingdom • Fareed Zakaria, Anchor, Fareed Zakaria - GPS, CNN, USA • Ernesto Zedillo Ponce de Leon *, Director, Yale Center for the Study of Globalization, Yale University, USA; Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum; Global Agenda Council on Trade Moderated by • Nik Gowing, Main Presenter, BBC World News, United Kingdom
- Bat For Lashes 'Horse And I' @ De La Warr Pavilion 19 Mar 10 Nicely cantering delivery of this signature BFL song, featuring amongst other things Charlotte Hatherley's amazing instrumental versatility besides Natasha; and the enthusiastic & v talented instrumental & vocal support of new touring band drummer Valentina Magaletti (a worthy successor to the outstanding Sarah Jones, who's returned to the day job with those other '07 Mercury prize runners-up, New Young Pony Club, speakin of nags in the horse sense of the word!). But before this, Natasha just can't resist asking oh so innocently whether her - extremely talented BTW - support act Marques Toliver really did name-drop "Lady GaGa's private parts" whilst telling us about his sharing a table with Kylie whilst he was Natasha's guest at the Brit Awards...'fraid so, LOL! I aim to post the 2 fab songs I recorded from Mr Toliver's opening set once I've posted my BFL vids, since his musicianship belies any superficial impression these comments might suggest IMAO (perhaps a bit like Mozart as portrayed in 'Amadeus': capable of both the sublime & the occasionally vulgar, if that's not too much of a reach, & not too priggish! Love the kisses Natasha blows her fans here BTW: Right back atcha ***
- The Believers: A Novel (Hardcover) Set in New York City in 2002, with the terror of September 11th still fresh and the confrontation with Iraq starting to take shape, this searing comic novel takes on hypocrisy of all kinds. Joel Litvinoff, a noted radical lawyer, suffers a stroke while in court defending a Muslim man accused of terrorist activity. His hospital room becomes the center of an orbit of women: his wife, Audrey, who clings to the diminishing hope that he will emerge from his coma; his daughters, Rosa and Karla; and Berenice, a photographer with whom he secretly had a child. As with Hellers previous novel, What Was She Thinking?, no one is entirely likable. Audrey is angry and cruel; Rosa priggish; Karla slovenly and timid; Berenice self-satisfied. Hellers talent lies in the way she illuminates her characters, often with dazzling insight, without making excuses or offering redemption. Copyrig ©2008 Click here to subscribe to The New Yorker
- Swarfega wreck the Sun & Doves pub, Camberwell, for Mark McGowan and Guy Hilton Bloody marvellous. Larfs all the way. If you don't get why this is great you're in big trouble. These lot done good and gobless em for it, and gobless Mark McGowan and Guy Hilton too for getting em to do it. There's already a video of this 'performance' on YouTube - with some hilarious priggish comments about Bedfordshire, etc. - but this 'clean' version gives a clearer idea of what happened. I love it when the goo starts flying and the punters dive for cover, with some diehards hanging on till it gets too much. I talked to the fat guy with the plastic chicken a while ago and he said he was pissed off that people connected him with this. Apparently he's an important sound artist. It happened on 18 April 2008 in Camberwell, London, England, and was a fitting end to the thirty-day 'Live On Stage' event organised by McGowan for the Guy Hilton Gallery. As I recall Guy kept his head down when the rozzers arrived.
- Preghiera in Gennaio (January Prayer) with english subtitles This song was dedicated by Fabrizio De Andrè to Luigi Tenco, and it is included in De André first album, "Volume I". Tenco was a songwriter who commited suicide on January 27th 1967, after being eliminated from the final competition of the Italian Song Festival in Sanremo. You need to activate the subtitles if you want to see them. To do so, click on the arrow in the right corner at the bottom of the video window, and then click on the first option of the two options.
- Chapter 37 - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte Chapter 37. Classic Literature VideoBook with synchronized text, interactive transcript, and closed captions in multiple languages. Audio courtesy of Librivox. Read by Elizabeth Klett. Playlist for Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë:
- What is Tragedy? I am irked by what I believe is the misuse of the word "tragedy." I will admit to being priggish and obscure and pig headed about it. I don't much care for contemporary usage or all that rot. I still think the contemporary usage, however popular, is wrong and necessary meaning is being lost.
twitter about priggish
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about priggish
“The best in news, views, arts and entertainment in Orlando and Central Florida At 14 years old, young Wendla (Christy Altomare) thinks it's time she learned the facts of life, but her priggish mother can only mouth platitudes about storks and marriage”
— Orlando Weekly - Culture2Go Blog, www2
“Blog. August 21- THE MINISTRY OF THE UNNOTICED. Posted Friday, 20 August 2010 by monvee " Conscious influence is priggish and un-Christian. If I say – I wonder if I am of any use – I instantly lose”
— monvee Blog - monvee™,
“Discussion among translators, entitled: priggish, questo sconosciuto . Forum name: Italian”
— priggish, questo sconosciuto (Italian),
“He is also a member of the Post's editorial board. Harsanyi appears on Fox News, CNN, Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and other Boneheaded Bureaucrats”
— About — david harsanyi,
“Priggish about English. This comment in response to Anthony Giddens was left on the CEP Blog by Alfie. It deserves to be more Quite, we have no problem describing people as Scottish, whatever their ethnic heritage, so why are we so priggish about English?”
— Little Man in a Toque " Blog Archive " Priggish about English,
“Priggish policy. Posted March 28th, 2007 at 8:37 AM by SamH. The Journal endorses Forsyth Rep. Linda Garrou's in its opinion, would be a vast improvement over the state's current "priggish" policy:”
— Piedmont Publius " Blog Archive " Priggish policy,
“The word of the day is priggish Definition: one who offends or irritates by observance of proprieties (as of speech or manners) in a pointed manner or to”
— priggish | Denise's Blog,
“The next commenter who uses the word "priggish" to describe the radical feminist case against ***ography is my own personal blog, he would, should he suddenly find himself moved to deploy the word "priggish" in a magisterial context,”
— Strawfeminism " I Blame The Patriarchy,
“A blog for people with a critically rational individualist perspective. We are developing the social individualist meta-context Permissive Society, but what we are really facing is The Priggish Society currently being created by busybody politicians and other authority”
— Samizdata quote of the day | ,
related keywords for priggish
- priggish definition
- priggish in a sentence
- priggish synonym
- priggish thesaurus
- priggish person
- priggish behaviour
- priggish com
- priggish antonym
- priggish quotes
- priggish webster
- definition of priggish
similar for priggish
- graphic designer
- new york
- new haven
- ringling school of art and design
- holiday posters
- thesis book
- travel guide
- projection booth
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- free online english dictionary
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- unanswered questions
- drama film
- excessive concern
- good form
- mifflin company
- free dictionary
- personal tools
- english words
- english adjectives
- origin of the word
- usage examples
- moral behavior
- petty thief
- the origin
- conceited dandy
- free encyclopedia
- original research