- Low Potassium Treatment Self-Care at Home If you are monitoring low potassium levels, you may want to avoid long, strenuous physical activities because of sweat loss of potassium. If certain dietary supplements, herbals, diuretics (water pills. — “what to do when one has potassium deficiency??? what can you”,
- Potassium is the principal positively charged ion (cation) in the fluid inside of cells, while sodium is the principal cation in the fluid outside of cells. The concentration differences between potassium and sodium across cell membranes create an electrochemical gradient known as the membrane. — “Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University”, lpi.oregonstate.edu
- Describes how the potassium test is used, when a potassium test is ordered, and what the results of a potassium test might mean. — “Potassium: The Test”,
- potassium n. ( Symbol K ) A soft, silver-white, highly or explosively reactive metallic element that occurs in nature only in compounds. — “potassium: Definition from ”,
- Along with sodium and calcium, potassium helps regulate major body functions, including normal heart rhythm, blood pressure, water balance in the body, digestion, nerve impulses, muscle contractions, and pH balance (the balance of acidity and. — “Potassium”,
- Potassium is one of the electrolytes essential to the smooth running of the human body; in fact just about all bodily functions depend on it to some extent. It is also one of the most abundant minerals in the body, constituting 70% of the. — “Potassium Information on Healthline”,
- Potassium is a mineral essential to maintain proper health. Potassium is one of the most highly reactive metals and rarely used alone. Combined with many other elements, such as sodium or chloride, however, it forms compounds which can be found in many common items such as glass, soap, and fertilizer. — “What Is Potassium?”,
- Potassium, K: Cause of high or low potassium, potassium content of food at Information Xchange at StuartXchange. — “Potassium Content of Food / High potasium, Low Potassium”,
- Foods with potassium. Potassium is a dietary mineral commonly found in our diets. Some people with certain health problems need to restrict potassium in their diets and other people may need more potassium. Here is a brief article about. — “What is Potassium - Foods With Potassium”,
- Non-profit foundation providing reliable, scientifically accurate, personalized information for convenient and enjoyable healthy eating. Potassium may also counteract the increased urinary calcium loss caused by the high-salt diets typical of most Americans, thus helping to prevent. — “WHFoods: potassium”,
- Potassium is a very important mineral to the human body. It has various roles in metabolism and body functions and is essential for the proper function of all cells, tissues, and organs: It assists in the regulation of the acid-base balance. — “Potassium in diet: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia”, nlm.nih.gov
- Potassium definition, a silvery-white metallic element that oxidizes rapidly in the air and whose compounds are used as fertilizer and in special hard glasses. See more. — “Potassium | Define Potassium at ”,
- Potassium in feldspar. Potassium metal is never found free, as it reacts violently with As it is very electropositive, potassium metal is difficult to obtain. — “Potassium”, schools-
- Potassium is a soft silvery-white metallic alkali metal that occurs naturally bound to other elements in seawater and many minerals. Potassium gets very little press, yet it's effective at lowering blood pressure — and even a 1 to 2 percent reduction translates into a reduced risk of strokes. — “Potassium supplement : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., health benefit”,
- Potassium is an element (and an electrolyte) that's essential for the body's growth and maintenance. It's necessary to keep a normal water balance between the cells and body fluids. Potassium also plays an essential role in the response of. — “Potassium”,
- Potassium information from , includes potassium side effects, interactions and indications. — “Potassium Information from ”,
- Potassium imbalance in body can give rise to a number of health problems such as muscle weakness, fatigue, mood changes, hypertension and irregular heartbeats. However, we can maintain potassium levels in body through dietary intake. To find out. — “Sources of Potassium”,
- Studies show that potassium becomes very deficient in the hyperthyroid state. When they are taken to the hospital and revived with potassium infusions, they are often found to have hyperthyroidism. — “Potassium”,
- Potassium is an electrolyte. An electrolyte is a mineral that dissolves in water and carries an electrical charge. In your body, potassium, sodium and chloride are the electrolyte minerals. Since the body is made mostly of water, these electrolytes can be found everywhere in your body. — “Potassium”,
- If you are prone to high blood pressure it would be beneficial to decrease sodium intake and increase your dietary intake of potassium, by eating more foods that have low amounts of sodium and significant amounts of potassium, such as fruits and vegetables. — “Food Data Chart - Potassium”,
- Template:Pp-move-indef Template:Pp-semi-vandalism Template:Infobox potassium Potassium is the chemical element with the symbol K (Latin: kalium , from Template:Lang-ar al-qalyah "plant ashes", cf. Alkali from the same root), atomic number 19, and. — “Potassium - Psychology Wiki”,
- Potassium is a very important mineral for the proper function of all cells, tissues, and organs in the human body. Potassium is crucial to heart function and plays a key role in skeletal and smooth muscle contraction, making it important for normal digestive and muscular function, too. — “Potassium”, umm.edu
- Soft, silvery-white metallic alkali metal that occurs naturally bound to other elements in seawater and minerals. Potassium ion is necessary for the function of all living cells, and is thus present in all plant and animal tissues. — “Potassium - Wikipedia”,
related images for potassium
- Submitted by imcclendon on Fri 05 15 2009 12 55 My element was Potassium From the information that I got from the teachers I was able to find out that it is also found in metals In the metal form its so reactive and explosive
- potassium Feldspar jpe FCItemID=S00AD7330
- C20061211153418507885 Potassium Permanganate jpg
- http chem241 wikispaces com file view x ray spectroscopy 001 png http chem241 wikispaces com file view Extra Credit Chemist joungj png http chem241 wikispaces com file view Potassium Chromate Solution png http chem241 wikispaces com file view Extra Credit Molecule joungj png
- potassium jpg
- from foods is rare Taking too much potassium supplements can be toxic and give these general symptoms gastrointestinal high blood potassium and irregular heartbeats How Much You Need
- counter with the container intact The rate would have been higher if I had taken the salt out of the container as the metal base shields some percentage of the 1 31MeV max beta electrons Paul Frame at Oak Ridge has a great site about radioactive consumer products at
- Amoxicillin potass www alibaba com 이미지 파일 링크
- Potassium Click to view larger image
- About potassium
- 高碘酸钾 点击放大
- Tinh thể muối A có màu tím đen Nó có màu đen ánh tím
- Potassiumtetrachloropalladate gif
- K sulfite fluo JPG
- ≤ 0 01 硫酸氢钾 点击放大
- peeking out from the leaves behind and Tecophilaea to the left To help ensure a good flowering for next year it is now time to think about giving my bulbs a feed of potassium kalium Potassium feed Potassium or kalium as many of you will know it is the K in the NPK formula which appears on every fertiliser container and it is the most essential nutrient to build up bulbs
- Information Sheet
- potassium gif
- Potassium K
- Potassiumborohydride gif
- Après c est comme une pile électrique on se retrouve avec un point positif et un point négatif ainsi né le courant Représentation EXCELLENTE du phénomène source programmes Pierre Perez
- Wharfhoused Trolley Expansion Lines | 9 23 06 | Red Hook Brooklyn Potassium Cloudburst | 8 23 06 | 14th Street
- the radiation that it gives off as it decays as shown in the picture below This could also be used on a larger scale to study the spread of fertilizers and weed killers in the environment Medical imaging and diagnosis It is very useful to be able to see inside a living human body without doing surgery to open it up Medical imaging using radioisotopes can give doctors
- Potassiumhydride gif
- Potassium Chloride jpg
- KNO3 es un componente fundamental de la pólvora y el cromato potásico K2CrO4 se utiliza como tinte entre otras cosas Pero hay usos más interesantes y que tal vez no conozcas Hidróxido de potasio KOH Imagen de dominio público Por ejemplo los submarinos necesitan acarrear una gran cantidad de oxígeno y librarse del dióxido de carbono para hacerlo
- This important mineral sends oxygen to the brain to assist with clear thinking A deficiency can lead to fatigue anxiety muscle cramps racing thoughts rapid heartbeat
- Information Sheet
- potassium ferricya www ehs ucr edu JPG 이미지 파일 링크
- Picture 3 below Leaflets will typically have areas of necrosis along their margins Picture 4 below
- Picture 2 below Typically begin as translucent yellow or orange spots on the leaflets Picture 3 below
- Double cliquer sur l image pour la voir en grand format
- โปแตสเซี่ยม พลัส Potassium Plus โปแตสเซี่ยมนั่นสำคัญต่อการยืด
- Information Sheet
- PotassiumHexachloroiridateIV gif
- potassium3 jpg
- RB and Potassium jpg
- active transport by transferring its terminal phosphate group directly to the transport protein induces conformational change in protein resulting in movement of solute across membrane
- diameter and the KCl mud concentration to find the API then divide by the correction factor from the Collar Mud weight graphs above to get the final amount of API shift on the Gamma log
related videos for potassium
- Make Potassium Permanganate (sort of...) We make potassium permanganate from the potassium nitrate and manganese dioxide we obtained in previous videos. Warning: This experiment deals with very high temperatures in glass equipment. Face shields and protection against shattering glass is required. In addition small quantities of toxic gases are produced. This experiment should be performed outside or in a fume hood. Make a vial with a mixture of 7 grams of potassium nitrate and 1 gram of manganese dioxide. Using a torch carefully heat the mixture so they melt together. Smoke and fumes should be liberated as the potassium nitrate oxidizes any contaminants in the manganese dioxide. Keep the mixture molten for a few minutes. Now add 2 grams of potassium hydroxide and heat the mixture again thoroughly. It will boil and turn green as the reactants generate potassium manganate. Keep it on a gentle boil for several minutes. Let the vial cool and then smash it apart with a hammer. Obtain the green solid and pulverize it into a powder. Mix this powder with 50 mL of water and dissolve the green potassium manganate. Let it settle and then pour off the solution. The solution can be converted to potassium permanganate by adding drops of either sulfuric acid or sodium bicarbonate. Just keep adding and stirring until the solution turns purple. If you go too far it will turn light pink indicating the permanganate has been destroyed. Let the byproduct of brown manganese dioxide settle out and the liquid is a weak solution of ...
- Low Potassium Warning!! My potassium levels are too low and it's scared me.
- How to Make Potassium Nitrate at Home How to make potassium nitrate at home with instant cold packs and "sodium-free" salt. "Sodium-free" salt is actually potassium chloride. Instant cold packs contain ammonium nitrate and if the two are mixed potassium nitrate and ammonium chloride are formed in equilibrium. Fortunately potassium nitrate has lower solubility than ammonium chloride at colder temperatures giving us a means of separation. Just mix 40 grams of ammonium nitrate with 100mL of water and stir until dissolved. Filter the mixture directly into 37 grams of potassium chloride. Gently heat until completely dissolved, do not boil. Cool the mixture to 0 Celsius in the freezer or on an ice bath. Filter the crystals and dry them. Now you have potassium nitrate. To test it mix 2 parts potassium nitrate with one part sugar and light it up. It should burn with a purple/pinkish flame.
- Nutrition & Vitamins : What Does Potassium Gluconate Do? Potassium gluconate is typically used as a prescription medication to treat low blood levels of potassium, which is caused by other medications, severe trauma or drastic blood loss. Use caution when taking potassium gluconate, as an overdose could be lethal, withhealthy advice from a registered and licensed dietitian in this free video on nutrition. Expert: Christine Marquette Bio: Christine E. Marquette is a registered and licensed dietitian with the Austin Regional Clinic in Austin, Texas. Filmmaker: Todd Green
- KCLO4(Potassium Perchlorate) Sodium Chloride is electrolysized to render Sodium Perchlorate in a single run. A rewound "MOT" is used with a pi filter for the power supply. Power supply quality is checked under load with an oscilliscope. DC ripple is less than 1/10 volt. The electrolysis voltage is kept above 6 volts and the current is maintained at 25 amps. Total run time was 180 hours. Solution temp was 85-90C. Electrolyte consisted of 1140g of sodium chloride (table salt) dissolved in 4L of distilled water. All of the electrolyte was run through the 3L cell over the course of 7 1/2 days. At 144hours run time, a test for perchlorate was done using Methylene blue. A strong presence of perchlorate was indicated by violet color. The cell run continued for an additional 36 hours. The electrolyte was hot filtered to remove the white flock that accumulated on the bottom of the cell and then boiled in a beaker for 45 minutes. The 3L solution was divided in half. 1500mL of electrolyte and a boiling 2 liter solution containing 2 lbs. of KCL were combined in a 5 liter beaker. This metathesis mixture was left to cool to room temp and then cooled in a refrigerator. The accumulated crystals were filtered and thoroughly washed with distilled water. The yield was approximately 980g. Another test with methylene blue on the result strongly indicated perchlorate.
- Potassium bicarbonate lowered my blood pressure nearly 20 points to 121/72 mm Hg Hi this is Larry Hobbs @ . Potassium bicarbonate lowered my blood pressure nearly 20 points to 121/72 mm Hg. I believe potassium bicarbonate is superior to potassium chloride because we used to consume more potassium (3-4 times more), more bicarbonate, and less sodium (3-10 times less) and less chloride as has been noted by researchers from the University of California, San Francisco who have been studying this for 15 years or more. Potassium bicarbonate has been shown to - reduce bone loss - reduce muscle loss - attenuate the reduction in growth hormone that occurs with age - reduce kidney stone formation Citrate is a precursor to bicarbonate in the body, so potassium citrate found in food is converted in the the acid-neutralizing bicarbonate in the body. The researchers argue that our diet is mismatched with our genes, and that we suffer from a low-grade, diet-induced, metabolic acidosis that may be causing many of the age-related health problems that occur.
- Potassium (version 1) - Periodic Table of Videos Potassium is element number 19. Videos about all the elements at
- Synthesis of potassium Trichromate -Warning- This experiment is dangerous as it used toxic chemicals and strong acids In this experiment I make potassium trichromate from potassium dichromate and con nitric acid. For help with the dedicator see NerdRages video.
- Managing Electrolytes: Potassium Learn more about potassium and how to assess for abnormal values in your patient. From: www.ed4
- Potassium Channel This video describes the structure of the potassium channel. This video is from: Essential Cell Biology, 3rd Edition Alberts, Bray, Hopkin, Johnson, Lewis, Raff, Roberts, & Walter ISBN: 978-0-8153-4129-1
- Reactions of sodium and Potassium with Water A chemical demonstration of the reaction between sodium and water and between potassium and water. Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
- Healthy Eating Guidelines : How to Treat Low Potassium Blood Levels Treat low potassium in blood levels by eating avocados, bananas, tomatoes and dried apricots. Find out what else to eat to treat low potassium blood levels withtips from an licensed dietitian in this free video on eating healthy. Expert: Christine Marquette Bio: Christine E. Marquette is a registered and licensed dietitian with the Austin Regional Clinic in Austin, Texas. Filmmaker: Todd Green
- Potassium Chlorate Electrolysis Direct Conversion of Potassium Chloride to Potassium Chlorate by Electrolysis of a Hot Solution of Potassium Chloride The platinum clad niobium screen anode is from Anomet
- Make Potassium Chlorate from Bleach How to Make Potassium Chlorate from Bleach and sodium-free salt. Warning: This produces small amounts of chlorine gas, this should be done outside or in a fumehood. Potassium chlorate is a useful oxidizer and small amounts can be easily made using household chemicals. Start by boiling a large quantity of household laundry bleach, at least half a liter, until crystals start to precipitate. Immediately take it off heating and let it cool. As it cools make a saturated solution of potassium chloride. Potassium chloride is sold as a "sodium-free" salt substitute. Now once the bleach is cooled, measure out an equal volume of potassium chloride solution and pour into the boiled bleach solution but do not mix in the crystals. Stir up the mixture and eventually potassium chlorate crystals will precipitate out. What's happening is the sodium hypochlorite in the bleach is disproportionating to form sodium chloride and sodium chlorate. Adding the potassium chloride exchanges the ions and precipitates out potassium chlorate. The boiling is required for this reaction to work; you can't simply let the bleach evaporate.
- Dr. Ben Fuchs: Potassium Iodide is A Must for Nuclear Disaster in Japan 1/2
- Make Potassium Iodide If you want to read about this video and how it relates to the recent concerns about radiation in Japan, see the following post on my blog: Here I make potassium iodide from elemental iodine and potassium hydroxide. 3I2 + 6KOH == 5KI + KIO3 + 3H2O The coproduct of potassium iodate can be separated easily because it is far less soluble in water, and to ensure it was all precipitated out I immersed the solution in an ice bath. This video is a good demonstration of how things really go when you do chemistry yourself. You start with a bunch of assumptions, and a lot of the time many of these are proven wrong and you have to figure out another way to do it. For example, the additional heating I had to do and the fact that I used too much iodine. I've added a number of annotations to highlight this as well.
- Correction to Sodium and Potassium Pump Video
- Potassium Permanganate + Brake Fluid This video shows what happens when you mix potassium permanganate with brake fluid. It's pretty cool, and a little more violent than the classic KMnO4 + Glycerin trick. I sell Potassium Permanganate in my store!
- Where to buy Potassium Nitrate (Spectracide Stump Remover) *edit* Spectracide Stump Remover now comes in a black bottle with a black lid, however, the shape remains the same. READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE WATCHING: This is a video response to the "How To Make Explosive White Powder" video. In this video, your questions will be answered about where to get various chemicals. Seriously guys, no more questions about "where do i buy potassium nitrate" or "where do i but stump remover". Watch this to find out where to buy it, and shut up. Read the comments before you post, or even try using the nice search engine called "Google". One more thing: Saltpeter (saltpetre) IS Potassium Nitrate. It can also be sodium nitrate, but that's not much of a difference. Sodium Nitrate and Potassium Nitrate are virtually the same.
- Synthesis of sodium bromated and potassium metaperiodate In this experiment I will show how it is possible to make sodium bromated and potassium metaperiodate. Sodium bromated: First you need to make a saturated solution of sodium bromide. To this then add a small amount (just a pinch) of potassium dichromate. The dichromate stops the reduction of the bromated ion when the solution becomes concentrated with them. Then make the circuit as see in the video. You need a 3~5 ohm resistor to reduce the current. I found that a coil of wire works well. It also has the advantage on not overheating like a smaller component would. The electrodes were carbon ones from a battery. For more information on getting rods and chemicals out of batteries look at NerdRages great vid. Then let the cell run for about 6 hours. With periodic string and adding more water if any evaporates. After this time put it in an ice bath then filter and wash the crystals. Improvements:- use platinum electrodes instead of carbon and the biggest one of all use potassium bromide instead of sodium. The crystallisation will be easier. Over all I got approximately a 15% yield which is pretty bad. The final product was quite impure but it did work. Potassium metaperiodate: First dissolve 4g of potassium iodate and 7g of potassium hydroxide in 20ml of water. Then heat the beaker up to just simmering. Then set up the chloride generator by mixing (small amounts!) of potassium permanganate and hydrochloric acid. The gas given off is chlorine. Bubble this gas ...
- Potassium - Periodic Table of Videos Potassium is an "evil" element, but it's crucial to life. In this video see some violent explosions and the gentle creation of a potassium mirror. All our element videos at
- Potassium and Water Reaction DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS DEMONSTRATION AT HOME. The reaction between pure potassium and water creates potassium hydroxide and hydrogen gas. The hydrogen gas ignites due to the heat produced by the reaction.
- Potassium + Water //Watch 'Stop Talking BS' now on our channel!// Some potassium is added to water much to the appreciation of the onlooking crowd of chemists.
- Chemical cameleon! - Potassium Permanganate + Sugar + Sodium Hydroxide Potassium Permanganate is reduced by sugar in an alkaline environment.. Re-uploaded after correcting some minor errors...
- Potassium and Water A reaction of small piece of potassium metal with water. The flame you see is actually burning hydrogen given off but is colored pink due to potassium vapor.
- Elementary Productions: Potassium Iodide and Lead Nitrate A petri dish is filled with a small amount of water. Potassium Iodide is added to the petri dish in one end, and Lead Nitrate in the other end. As the two salts diffuse, Lead Iodide is precipitated as a "barrier" surrounding the place where the Lead Nitrate was placed. This is because of a substance with a high molecular weight diffuses more slowly than a substance with a lower molecular weight. This rule applies for any medium used, in this case water. Another good example of diffusion is why flatulence is able to smell up a room in seconds. Hydrogen sulfide (the substance responsible for the smell) has a pretty low molecular weight, and therefore diffuses faster. This experiment serves as a good demonstration on diffusion, because of the difference in molecular weights, the insolubility of Lead Iodide in water, and the color of the precipitate.
- Potassium Chlorate and Gummy Bear Molten potassium chlorate is a strong oxidizing agent that reacts violently with sugar. Gummy bears have lots of sugar in them.
- 03 - Potassium Nitrate & Sugar Smoke Bomb, 1 Pound Burning of potassium nitrate and sucrose. This is a dry mixture. Just weigh out the two reactants and mix together thoroughly. You can see in the video still the lilac colored flame due to the presence of potassium ions. I created this channel for the sole purpose to help spread the interest in science, mainly chemistry. The decline of scientific interest in the United States is rather disappointing. After I cruised YouTube a bit I noticed all the other channels similar to mine and I thought about canceling this channel; however, after thinking about the decline of science, I decided to keep making videos until I just run out of ideas. Be sure to subscribe!!!
- Potassium Perchlorate Potassium Perchlorate is Synthesized by the Electrolysis of a Sodium Chloride Solution. The Solution First Becomes Sodium Chlorate and then with Continued Electrolysis, Sodium Perchlorate. The Solution of NaCL04 is Then Matathesized, by way of a Potassium Chloride Solution to Produce KCL04 Anode is Platinum Clad Niobium. Cathode is Stainless Steel
- Make Sodium Nitrate, A Potassium Nitrate Substitute How to make sodium nitrate, which can substitute for potassium nitrate in almost all pyrotechnic purposes except flame color. Note: Sodium Nitrate is somewhat hygroscopic. Stuff you make from it such as pyrotechnic compositions should be used soon after making and not stored for extended periods of time. WARNING: Both procedures produce large quantities of ammonia gas. You have to do this experiment outside or in a fumehood. First get ammonium nitrate from an instant cold pack as seen in our previous video: For the baking soda method. Get 80 grams of ammonium nitrate and dissolve it in 150mL of water. Filter it off directly into 84 grams of sodium bicarbonate, which is baking soda. Don't expect it to dissolve, it won't. Boil the mixture down to 100mL or less. This is needed to decompose the ammonium bicarbonate that's formed. You cannot simply evaporate the mixture. The boiling will release large amounts of ammonia so you have to do this outside or in a fumehood. Once it's boiled, leave it to evaporate until dry. Sodium nitrate will decompose if heated too strongly so you cannot boil it down all the way dry unless you can ensure the temperature never goes above 200 Celsius. Leaving a little water is the safest way to ensure the best product. For the sodium hydroxide method: Place 80 grams of ammonium nitrate in a tall container and pour 40 grams of sodium hydroxide on top. Then carefully pour 30mL of water and stand back. It will quickly react to generate ...
- Sodium Potassium Pump How a sodium potassium pump can maintain a voltage gradient across a cell or neuron's membrane
- High Blood Pressure Tips & Treatments : Potassium Rich Food for High Blood Pressure High blood pressure may be helped by a diet high in potassium. Learn more about the effects of potassium on blood pressure with tips from a doctor in this free health video. Expert: Dr. Robin Terranella Bio: Dr. Robin Terranella has a medical degree from Bastyr University and has trained at Wu Hsing Tao Acupuncture School. Filmmaker: Dustin Daniels
- What Is Potassium What Is Potassium Name Origin From potash (pot ash); K from latin: kalium "Potassium" in different languages. Sources Found in minerals like carnallite [(KMgCl3).6H2O] and sylvite (KCl). Potassium makes up about 2.40% of the weight of the Earth's crust, it is the seventh most abundant element. The main sources of potash are mined in USA (California, New Mexico and Utah) and Germany. Around 200 tons are produced annually. Abundance Universe: 3 ppm (by weight) Sun: 4 ppm (by weight) Carbonaceous meteorite: 710 ppm Earth's Crust: 15000 ppm Human: 2 x 106 ppb by weight 3.2 x 105 ppb by atoms Uses Used as potash (potassium carbonate) in making glass, soap, lenses and salt substitute. Also as potassium nitrate (KNO3, also called saltpeter) it is used to make explosives and to colour fireworks in mauve. Glass treated with liquid potassium is much stronger than regular glass. Potassium chloride (KCl) is used as a substitute for table salt and is also used to stop the heart, eg in cardiac surgery and in executions by lethal injection in solution. History Potassium was discovered in 1807 by Sir Humphry Davy, who derived it from caustic potash (KOH). Potassium was the first metal that was isolated by electrolysis.
- Powerful Flash Powder (aluminium and potassium perchlorate) Flash powder is pyrotechnic composition, a mixture of oxidizer and metallic fuel. In this video we used Dark German aluminium powder and potassium perchlorate. The result = a big and power full boom! :D
- Potassium Homeostasis: Part 1 A freshman/sophomore pre-nursing discussion on how the body maintains homeostasis of potassium. Topics discussed include why potassium is important, what are the names for deviations of concentration below and above homeostatic levels, causes of those deviations, effects of those deviations, and how the major methods the body uses to correct those deviations. A copy of this diagram can be found at www.kirkwood.edu
- How To Make Potassium Nitrate Make Potassium Nitrate from Instant Cold Packs and Potassium Hydroxide Warning: This reaction will produce large quantities of toxic ammonia gas. Perform the reaction outside or in a fume hood. Potassium hydroxide is highly corrosive; wear gloves when working with it. Also note that this video is for those interested in the chemistry, it's not cheaper/better/easier than buying it. Some instant cold packs contain ammonium nitrate as their active ingredient and when mixed with potassium hydroxide will produce potassium nitrate and ammonia gas. Get an instant cold pack that clearly says it contains ammonium nitrate, cut it open, and pour the contents into a container. If its unused there will be a water pouch that you can discard. The rest of the pack is ammonium nitrate. Usually its coated in an anti-caking agent so it'll be off-color. If you're using an already used instant cold pack then filter out the liquid and let it evaporate until it's dry. The crystals will be ammonium nitrate. Take 80 grams of ammonium nitrate and dissolve in 70 milliliters of hot water. This will take some time so be patient. It will take even longer in cold water so use hot water when you can. If it has an insoluble anti-caking agent then you need to filter it off through a coffee filter. Separately, measure out 56 grams of potassium hydroxide. Potassium hydroxide is sold online to make homemade soaps and for biodiesel. Add just enough water to completely dissolve the potassium hydroxide. When ...
- Japanese Nuclear Meltdown - Potassium Iodide A curious observation I have made about Potassium Iodide in the wake of the Japanese Tsunamu and the potential nuclear meltdown threat. The CDC has more information on Potassium Iodid here: www.bt.cdc.gov Thanks to soniclady89 for the link .
- Potassium permanganate reacting with ethanol potassium permanganate reacts with ethanol in a redox reaction
- KI Tablets potassium iodide Radiation Pills nuclear radiation Fallout Protection Do you have your radiation pills? What is the big deal about Potassium Iodate (KIO3) or Potassium Iodide (KI)? You know it is for nuclear preparedness, but just why is it so important? Of all the radioactive isotopes and radioactive particles that can come from a nuclear reaction, radioactive iodine 131 (I-131) poisoning is one of the most lethal. The good news is that damage to the thyroid from exposure to I-131 can be prevented. Keep in mind these facts about your thyroid: 1) Your thyroid runs on iodine. 2) Your thyroid is a pig. 3) Your thyroid is stupid. Your thyroid runs on iodine and will absorb all it can until it is absolutely full. This fullness is called saturation or blockade. However, your thyroid does not know the difference between good iodine and bad iodine. Good iodine is taken up by the thyroid in the form of potassium iodate (KI03) or potassium iodide (KI). Bad iodine, I-131, is a radioisotope of iodine which is produced in nuclear reactions such as a bomb or nuclear power plant. I-131 is what we call a beta emitter and if you get it on your skin it will burn you in much the same way as when you get bad sunburn. It has a half-life of roughly 8 days (8.01 to 8.07). One of the reasons spent fuel rods are stored in pools of water for months at a time, is that they will be off-gassing I-131 for roughly 10 half-lives (approximately 80 days). If you are caught unprotected and downwind from a nuclear reaction and the plume or cloud of ...
- Potassium lab watch it until the end, its worth it. Chemistry kicks major arse.
- Potassium 101 If you love bananas, you're on the right track to a healthier self!
- Gummy Bear in molten potassium chlorate The explosive results of dropping a Gummy Bear in molten potassium chlorate Clip from (
twitter about potassium
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about potassium
“So, let me tell you about potassium and Island Vegetable soup. As you can probably guess, the article goes on and on about the importance of potassium”
— Mmm, Potassium by John Dodds,
“Potassium is a mineral present in the body and is the most abundant third mineral in the body. Potassium plays an important role”
— Health Benefits Of Potassium - Food Sources Of Potassium, natural-
“Potassium is a mineral salt that is important for nervous system. Since milk is rich in potassium, you must limit your intake to a cup a day. You must also reduce your intake of foods that contain more potassium like meat, nuts, vegetables and”
— Low Potassium Diet Plan And Potassium Nutrition | Diet,
“We've talked about several different minerals in past blog entries. Potassium is the mineral of choice for this week's post for several reasons, and it's a mineral that people with kidney problems should be sure to pay close attention to”
— The Power of Potassium :: Diabetes Self-Management,
“blog. member. group. message. amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium Section 535 amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium laws a amoxiillin are asked8220 allowed”
— amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium - susanin Blog post,
“Review of Fauna Marin Kalium (Potassium) Test Kit for the Ultralith system and low nutrient reef tanks”
— Potassium in the Reef Tank and Fauna Marin Potassium (Kalium,
“Potassium Citrate Buy Cod - Buying Potassium Citrate. Utah potassium Citrate overnight. Potassium Citrate Buy Cod - Buying Potassium Citrate!!! Kidney Stones order potassium Citrate prescriptionbuy cheap potassium CitrateHow to treat Kidney”
— Potassium Citrate Buy Cod - Buying Potassium Citrate, Buying,
“Readers Write is a new feature here at the Fooducate Blog. Categories: Guest Post, Vegetable Tags: blog, calories, fiber, Lauren Canepari, manganese, potassium, protein, Readers Write, sweet potato,”
— Potassium | Fooducate,
“Other Recent Augmentin, Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Potassium Discussions. This will search the titles See all threads in the Augmentin, Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Potassium forum "”
— Where can I order Augmentin, Amoxicillin Bromide online? - Topix,
“Dr. Russ' blog is a place you can come to each week to share your experience with the yourwellness for life program, find out what is working for others on the same journey, and ask questions of Dr. Russ. New data suggest that increasing our”
— Harris Teeter - Dr Russ Blog - High Blood Pressure and Potassium,
similar for potassium
- potassium ion
- potassium metal
- potassium salts
- alkali metals
- melting point
- boiling point
- potassium hydroxide
- atomic weight
- potassium supplements
- ace inhibitors
- potassium levels
- blood pressure
- high blood pressure
- healthy diet
- potassium intake
- dietary potassium
- linus pauling institute
- fruits and vegetables
- kidney stones
- oregon state university
- dietary intakes
- decreased risk
- foods high in potassium
- potassium deficiency
- water balance
- body fluids
- cellular enzymes
- heart diseases
- blood levels
- sodium chloride
- muscle contraction
- potassium channels
- potassium foods
- potassium ions
- potassium chloride
- potassium sodium tartrate
- foods with potassium
- dietary mineral