- Pontil definition, punty. See more. of pontil. Unabridged. Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010. Cite This Source. Link To pontil. World English Dictionary. pontil (ˈpɒntɪl) —n. a less common word for punty. — “Pontil | Define Pontil at ”,
- A Pontil Mark is a rough mark in the center of the bottom of a glass object where the pontil was attached (See A below) In common usage referred to in abbreviated form as the 'pontil' in spite of the fact that the word alone refers to the tool and not the mark it leaves. — “EAPG Straw - nah SHEAR marks!”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of PONTIL : punty —called also pontil rod. Origin of PONTIL. French, perhaps from Italian puntello, diminutive of punto point, from Latin punctus — more at. — “Pontil - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Most bottles made before 1858 have a pontil mark on the bottom, or a coin-sized indentation where the pontil rod was snapped off (the pontil. — “Antique Pontiled Bottles - Collector Information | Collectors”,
- pontil DUBIOS philadelphia 3 different soda botttles. light green TWTCHELL IRON PONTIL OUTSTANDING VINTAGE OPEN PONTIL UTILITY BOTTLE. H. Rickett's Patent. — “Pontil, Glass Vase, Open Pontil, Antique Opaque, Blk Glass Pontil”,
- Buy pontil, Pottery Glass items on eBay. Find great deals on Collectibles, Antiques items and get what you want now!. — “pontil items - Get great deals on Pottery Glass, Collectibles”,
- Definition of pontil in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of pontil. Pronunciation of pontil. Translations of pontil. pontil synonyms, pontil antonyms. Information about pontil in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “pontil - definition of pontil by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- In the picture are samples of the most common types of "pontil marks" There are several types of open or pontil marks but the key is the presence of a rough area on the base. THE OPEN PONTIL IS MORE. — “BOTTLE BASICS”,
- British pontil marks on 18th and 19th century glass bottles It largely ignores the rather different history and types of pontil marks on wine, spirit and ale bottles. — “Pontil marks on British bottles”,
- Before/during the Civil War, bottles had a pontil base. Below are examples of some of the many different Smooth base with circular mold mark (called Owens ring) that is sometimes mistaken for a pontil. — “Antique Bottle Bottoms”,
- Pontil Manufacturers & Pontil Suppliers Directory - Find a Pontil Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Pontil Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Pontil-Pontil Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- Pontil marks are distinctive and are found on the earliest of soda bottles. After the pontil was attached, the blown bottle was severed from the blowpipe and the lip was applied. — “Antique Soda And Beer Bottles - Bases”,
- Definition of pontil from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of pontil. Pronunciation of pontil. Definition of the word pontil. Origin of the word pontil. — “pontil - Definition of pontil at ”,
- Q: Why do some wine bottles have a much deeper/concave pontil than others? The Islam people, as well as other cultures, also used a tool called the pontil, a long rod that holds the. — “Pontil - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News, Shopping”,
- The major tools involved are the blowpipe (or blow tube), the punty (or pontil), bench, marver, seers, blocks, jacks, paddles, tweezers, paper, and a variety of shears. steel or iron rod called a punty (or a punty rod, a pontil, or a mandrel) for shaping and transferring the hollow piece from the. — “Glassblowing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- A pontil mark is a variable size and type of scar left on the base of a bottle by a pontil rod. A pontil rod held the bottle during the steps in the bottle blowing process where the blowpipe is removed. — “Pontil Scars”,
- Shop for Pontil on Ruby Lane, a marketplace to buy and sell quality antiques, collectibles and artisan jewelry from thousands of vetted sellers since 1998. — “Pontil on Ruby Lane”,
- pontil (plural pontils) (glassblowing) A punty; a metal rod used in the glassblowing It often leaves an irregular or ring-shaped scar on the base when removed called the "pontil mark". — “pontil - Wiktionary”,
- Pontil Drilling operates a rubber-tracked CME 75. Having rubber tracks allows Pontil Drilling to work off road and on road without damaging pavement. Pontil Drilling strives for a safe work environment and upholds stringent health and safety standards. — “Pontil Drilling”,
- Definitions of nbsp pigeon blood glass - polished glass - pontil - pressed glass - pulled glass - purpled glass - Pyrex GLOSSARY OF GLASS TERMS Pi - Pz A - B nbsp nbsp nbsp Ca. — “eBay Guides - GLASS GLOSSARY Pi-Pz -Terms Used to Describe Glass”,
- Pontil Marks. A pontil rod (sometimes called a "puntee" or "punty") is the solid metal rod that is attached to the base of the Like other blown glass, the majority of Blenko glass has pontil marks on the base, which is only very occasionally polished. — “Blenko Archive - Physical Characteristics of Blenko Glass”,
related videos for pontil
- Pontil sa trinxa a wiew from inside the water of sa trinxa, ibiza
- The start of a Hollowween privy...
- Salty shack Where I keep my antique bottles and other diving, digging and detecting finds.
- Washed Up Bottle Finds 3 Finally I got some whole bottles out of this dump. Today's finds were old but not as rare as I wanted or expected them to be.
- razor.wmv Cell phone meets men's accessories.
- MARBLES for sale on Ebay I am currently selling off my Mother-in-law's marble collection that she started years ago. I do not know much about marbles so I am starting most at just .98 cents each. Visit my Ebay store: THE FLEA MARKET FiNDER for current listings. I have LOTS to go through and it could take me years to list each one. Nevertheless, that's what I intend to do. Your purchase is greatly appreciated in this tough economy...try not to loose your marbles! Thanks for looking...
- making a cup out of a red stripe bottle the bottle is preheated to 1000 degrees, then picked up on a pontil rod. once on the pontil the top half of the bottle is heated till it is malleabe (between 1600-2100 degrees) then stretched open to the cup shape. made by stephen jacklyn song is wildcat by ratatat
- Sa trinxa 2010 Las Salinas; Ibiza
- The Last Nuts 'n Bolts -Whitefriars Glass Geoffrey Baxter Adam Aaronson Eddie King Whitefriars Geoffrey Baxter iron moulds rescued by on behalf of Harrow Museum include the large Nuts 'n Bolts vase. The V&A have a Nuts 'n Bolts in their collection. Here we see two vases being blown in Flint or clear glass. Eddie King who is ex Whitefriars and who started at Whitefriars as a 15 year old lad is the blower here at Aaronson Noon Glass Studio SW6. He's helped by Adam Aaronson and Renato. The music is by Don Burrell's Orjam.
- Assorted Privy Digs Down In A Hole (Music VID) Thats where we love to be, down in a old outhouse hole! ;-) A music vid of good times in privy holes.
- Christmas Day 019
- City Dig Part 2 Part 2 - The adventure continues with more finds and the inspecting of our discoveries. For more information, check out the description for part 1.
- City Dig Part 1 We found a couple of nice holes in a city yard. The first privy pit started in the 1870's and bottomed out about 1860. The second privy pit top layer was circa 1860 and went back to at least 1850. The first pit had a large amount of rock and brick, which crushed most of the artifacts. The second pit was deeper and the material was more intact. However, the earliest deposits were removed by dipping. An intrusive 1880's feature was found shallow in the hole. It was a hot and sunny day. I did my best to record the event, while still working the excavations.
- Bottles 101: Bottle Bases We'll be doing a series of informative videos detailing the elements that make up an antique bottle. First up, bottle bases and the differences between them. You'll learn about graphite, sticky ball, smooth bases, etc.
- Simon Pearce Pontil Mark For those of you familiar with our glassware, you know that on the bottom of each piece is a clover-shaped mark. This mark is a pontil mark and is left on the glass during the hand blowing process when the piece is transferred from one glassblower to another via the pontil iron. When the final piece is broken from the pontil iron, the pontil mark is left behind.
- 18th Century Bottles at Jas Townsend and Son A quick video that explains all the bottles available at jas-
- Bottle Digger Slide Show 1(pg-14) These pictures are samples of some of privies we dug from mid 2005 into 06. The sites were in Lancaster and Columbia. There will be lots more, that we will share in the future. The music track was made from three 1928 records preformed by the Memphis Jug Band. This unique sound was an African-American creation. It reflected their daily life. ( much as rap music does now ) It is now historically significant. ( over 70 years later ) The band was very popular and recorded often.
- Gio Ponti 'Sette colori' Murano beaker for Venini circa 1948 Marc Heiremans shows a vase in this design - the same colour canes in the same order - in Murano Glass: Themes and Variations 1910-1970. He says of it: The innovative aspect of this vase - a simple "a canne" - is to be found in the bold application of colour, to become typical for post-war Murano glass. After the fusing of the canes, the form was not further blown but shaped with tools. Height: 8 cm (3 inches) Width: 7 cm Weight: 65 g Condition: very light wear to the base, unpolished pontil mark (as is normal for such a delicate piece, where the glass is too thin to grind and polish out the mark where the pontil iron was detached from the glass), some less than 0.5mm unintended bubbles, a few light small scratches to the exterior (longest 2mm) Our Reference: 2529 Price: US $430.00 + shipping
- Loetz Phenomen Genre Citron Signed Iridescent art glass vase by Johann Loetz circa 1902, properly signed within pontil "Loetz Austria"
- Skyline ( A Love Story) A Movie By Jonken And Pontil The latest and the best movie ;) =D
- Glass Various glass items made by workers from the Hermann City Glass Factory about 1872. Mostly end-of-day pieces. Items owned by the Koster family. Shown are a hand-blown mercury punch bowl and a candlestick with pontil-mark on the bottom. Music licensed. Video copyright TechnerVideo all rights reserved. To see the whole series, go to the Hermann City playlist
- pontildigging07 AWESOME BOTTLE DIGGING VID WIT PONTILS
- Treasure Hunters - Diggin' in VA 14 - Part 3 - Civil War Relic and Bottle Digging Video has been sponsored by: - Day 2 presses on. This never-before seen footage contains more great recoveries of some rare old Civil War glass, brass and lead. It was a beautiful day with a great time had between friends.
- November, 30th. 2007 privy dig Video 1 Matt digging a small round brickliner in Wilmington Delaware.
- Signed 1970s Ann and Goran Warff vase for Kosta In the 60s and 70s, Whitefriars in England, Iittala and Humppila in Finland, and others, made moulded vases with a rough textured 'bark' finish. The talented Warffs made a series of pieces with their version of this type of texture but in bright, bold colour combinations for Kosta, and this is a good example. For other examples of this type of moulded bark piece, see: For more examples of the Warffs' work (mostly sold I'm afraid) see: Height: 20.5 cm Width: 10 cm Weight: 1235 g Engraved "Kosta 47271 Wärff" to the base Condition: very light wear to the base, a few less than 0.5mm unintended bubbles, a 4mm long mark on the ground and polished centre of the base - either the remains of a burst bubble or the remains of the 'pontil mark' where the long pontil iron on which the glass was worked was broken off the base. Our Reference: 2685 Price: US $220.00 + shipping
- PhotoStory3 ( whitefriars Glass with code patterns) Whitefriars glass made from 1930 to the 1980s when this iconic company closed it's gates, coffins mallets knobblys fingers a varrious selection, for you to feast your eyes upon see the wonderful flowing shapes and the vibrant colours
- The Best Of My Antique Bottle Collection The title is pretty self-explanatory..
- Rogan's Christmas Concert Rogan's School Christmas Concert
- Recovering Relics Episode #19 - "Bottle Digging The Old Beach Dump" Today I went to the beach dump to do some bottle digging. I was there for awhile and I was only finding some really old tops to bottles and pieces to embossed bottles. I also found the bottoms to pontilled bottles. When the tide went further out, I started to find more and more. In what we call, "the muck" is where we find the full bottles. We probably find the full bottles there because there aren't as many rocks for the bottles to break on in that area. At the end of the day I found a Pepsi bottle, 4 food jars, and a Chesebrough New York Vaseline jar. I found a bottle that had it's top sheared off and it was a John Lyons bottle from the 1880's. My grandmother found some jars and an old beer bottle and my cousin found old shards. I had a great day bottle digging!
- Herman Various glass items made by workers from the Hermann City Glass Factory about 1872. Mostly end-of-day pieces. Items owned by the Koster family. Shown are a hand-blown mercury bowl and a candlestick with pontil-mark on the bottom. Music licensed. Video copyright TechnerVideo all rights reserved. To see the whole series, go to the Hermann City playlist
- Pontil at sea.MP4 out on the briny april 2010 - lovely
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about pontil
“Ground pontil and lip. Deep yellow encased in clear glass. 18" long, 3750180) $450.00 SOLD. Back to Index Back to the-forum Home To order ©1996 IAACF Ltd”
— Blown Glass Flower Cornucopia, the-
“One of the easier to identify and most consistently accurate indicators that a bottle was manufactured during or prior to the American Civil War (i.e., the 1860s or before) is the pontil scar present on the base. A pontil mark is a variably sized”
— Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Pontil Scars (But,
“A pontil mark is a mark on the bottom of an item where the punty rod was attached during Pontil marks can look like a rough broken chipped mark, a bumpy lump, or a polished”
— Senior Moving Specialist: Fenton Glass 101 - A beginners,
“My thought is an iron pontil rod was used and either they twisted/pressed too hard and/or I have a blog in process to try and reveiw them for you collectors”
— Pontil mark, antique-
“What does it mean when sellers of old bottles list them as rare? When I was researching materials for the Pontil Medicine Encyclopedia, I gathered information on nearly 4,000 different medicines made prior to”
— Its Rare,
“fwxfyeoes.over- hosted by OverBlog”
similar for pontil
- pontil mark
- pontil marks
- typical sand
- open pontil
- liquor bottles
- buy it now
- expedited shipping
- pottery glass
- browser settings
- medicine bottle
- decorative collectibles
- snuff bottle
- medicine bottles
- antique bottles
- ink bottles
- bottle collectors
- fruit jars
- molten glass
- blown glass
- roman glass
- the roman empire
- glassblowing techniques
- glass objects
- piece mold
- society of antiquaries of london
- glass workshops
- ruby lane
- hand blown
- ground pontil
- cobalt blue
- art glass
- vintage collectibles
- flint glass
- pigeon blood
- pressed glass
- glass piece
- old glass
- glossary table
- online dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- pontine arteries
- free online english dictionary