- The politicization of science is the manipulation of science for political gain. The politicization of science may also negatively affect academic and scientific freedom. — “Politicization of science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. to give a political tone or character to. — “Politicization - Definition and More from the Free Merriam”, merriam-
- Posted in: Hugh's List of Bush Scandals, Incompetence, Politicization of the DOJ, War on Terror Posted in: Hugh's List of Bush Scandals, Politicization of the DOJ. — “Politicization of the DOJ | NetRootsMass”,
- Just because somebody accuses the administration of politicizing science doesn't make it true. Hiding the uncertainty to score a political point is precisely the sort of politicization this article is addressing. — “Talk:Politicization of science - Conservapedia”,
- The DOJ's offices of OIG and OPR issued a new report today (PDF) on the politicization of hiring at Justice. Marcy has a fantastic run-down on it here, including how Monica Goodling rejected a well-qualified anti-terrorism prosecutor because of. — “DOJ Politicization: Will Political Litmus Tests In Hiring For”,
- In late 2007 the global economy began to stumble, slipping into the abyss of a deep recession and financial panic. Home: " Political Economy " The politicization of economic problems. — “The politicization of economic problems | Credit Writedowns”,
- reader is familiar with Putnam's framework, definition of politicization and dynamics this part of the paper, an attempt to enlarge and define the concept of "politicization". — “PUTNAM'S POLITICIZATION CONCEPT”,
- Beware the talking points. The GOP media heads will try their best to minimize the indictments but at the end of the day, there is no criminalization of politics, just criminals. Dare I say it amounts to politicizing criminals?. — “OpEdNews - Article: The Politicization of Criminals”,
- Our public safety and national security should never be politicized, especially not by Republicans and right-wingers desperate for relevance in the media. — “Senate Guru: The Politicization of Our Safety by Republicans”,
- Updated News from the catholic Christian churches, Religious Revival, Communion & Salvation. Beliefs, prayers & faith of community. Charity & Rehabilitation work "politicization" Religious leaders pray for the late Gus Dur. JAKARTA (UCAN) – Religious leaders meeting here this week have prayed. — “The Catholic Asian News, Christian Churches, World Catholic”,
- Hoekstra: Blair Victim of Obama's Politicization the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, after being notified of director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair's resignation, called the public servant a victim of President Obama's ongoing politicization of national security. — “Hoekstra: Blair Victim of Obama's Politicization”,
- politicization. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search This page was last modified on 4 November 2006, at 01:02. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License; additional terms may apply. See. — “politicization - Wiktionary”,
- A. Politicization and the Theory of Functionalism. Accusations of "politicization," generally refer to a dysfunction in which actions or. decisions relating to technical or "nonpolitical" matters are influenced by "political" type of politicization in the context of the World Bank. — “The Politicization of International Criminal Law”, kentlaw.edu
- The Politicization of Inspectors General [Editor's Note: Click here to review this important report from Rep. Henry Waxman which It finds that IG appointments have become increasingly politicized during the administration of President Bush. — “The Politicization of Inspectors General -- The Summary”,
- Politicization was one of the reasons for the temporary withdrawal of the United States from the The discussion will proceed as follows: Section 2 will discuss the politicization phenomenon in international organizations in general, and within its theoretical setting of functionalism. — “14.Threat of Politicization of WTO.Penn J Intl Econ Law.doc.doc”, csb.uncw.edu
- As you know, General Petraeus is before Congress today to issue report on the state of Iraqi progress. As questions What is it about Republicans that they can't understand the danger of politicizing the military to the extent that the right has over the last decade?. — “End Politicization Of The Military”,
- The Politicization of the Department of Justice. By Elizabeth de la The truth is, the high-level decay and politicization of the DOJ that has been so starkly. — “t r u t h o u t | Elizabeth de la Vega | The Politicization”, truth-
- Its obsessive refusal to acknowledge or act on the overwhelming scientific evidence of global climate change is the most obvious example of this type of politicization,but it is not the only type of such activity in the Bush Administration. — “Environmental Law”,
- Definition of politicization in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of politicization. Pronunciation of politicization. Translations of politicization. politicization synonyms, politicization antonyms. Information about politicization in the free. — “politicization - definition of politicization by the Free”,
- Watch Politicization videos from all over the internet Robert Teitelman and Vipal Monga discuss the politicization of the Federal Reserve through the financial crisis and beyond. — “Politicization - Page 1 - Blinkx Video Results”,
- james commented on 'Bush: 'Ought To Be No Politicization' on Haiti' herbert juarez commented on 'Bush: 'Ought To Be No Politicization' on Haiti' Mike commented on 'Bush: 'Ought. — “Comments on Bush: 'Ought To Be No Politicization' on Haiti”,
- Definition of politicization from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of politicization. Pronunciation of politicization. Definition of the word politicization. Origin of the word politicization. — “politicization - Definition of politicization at”,
- The same poll found that nearly half (46 percent) of 859 lawyers surveyed blamed the politicization on the political parties, with about a quarter (27 percent) saying interest groups are responsible, and almost a fifth (17 percent) placing the onus on the White House. — “The Online NewsHour: The Samuel Alito Nomination”,
related videos for politicization
- Politicization of the Federal Reserve Robert Teitelman and Vipal Monga discuss the politicization of the Federal Reserve through the financial crisis and beyond.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Muslim Brotherhood Aspires for Politicization of Islam Andrea Mitchell Reports, MSNBC, 2-9-2011
- Hearing on Politicization Surgeon Generals: Waxman's Opening The Oversight Committee holds a hearing, "The Surgeon General's Vital Mission: Challenges for the Future." The hearing focuses on the importance of the Surgeon General's Office, the need to preserve the Surgeon General's independence, and recent limitations on the Surgeon General's ability to carry out its public health education mission. Chairman Henry Waxman gives opening remarks on the history of the office and the politicization of the position under the Bush Administration.
- Obama defends politicization of Bhutto's death Obama interview with Wolf Blitzer 12/27/07
- Perino Refuses To Condemn Gonzales For Politicization Of DOJ Even after a report showing Gonzales' minions broke federal law by improperly using politics as the determining factor in hiring and firing processes, Perino and Bush "stand by Al Gonzales."
- Michele Bachmann Politicization Michele Bachmann appeared on Bill O'Reilly to blame the Non-English speaking residents of America for the tragedy in Cottonwood, Minnesota.
- MPs appeal to politicains to stop politicizing the Mau issue www.ntv.co.ke Members of Parliament from the Mount Kenya region have pledged their support to Prime Minister Raila Odinga, with regards to the governments efforts to rehabilitate the Mau forest complex. The legislators called for an urgent stop to the politicization of the issue.
- Politicized Science This video is about the politicization of science and its affects on science. Global warming is presented as an example. http genesismission.4 http
- "Politicizing Procurement: Will Obama's Proposal Curb Free Speech & Hurt Small Business?" Panel 2 The House Committees on Oversight and Government Reform and on Small Business held a joint hearing entitled, "Politicizing Procurement: Will President Obama's Proposal Curb Free Speech and Hurt Small Business?" The joint hearing examined the proposed Obama Executive Order mandating the disclosure of political donations by government contractors as a prerequisite to receiving a government contract. May 12, 2011.
- China's "politicization and propaganda" Torch Relay Hurt IOC "China's crackdown on the people of Tibet is inexcusable," Senator Brown said. "Beijing has long sought a place at the table of global leaders. But systematic and violent repression of free speech, political protest and the eradication of ethnic culture, religion, and language are not the acts of a world leader, nor a country we should be striving to open to free trade. President Hu Jintao must take immediate steps to end the violent repression, open up to western media and release all political prisoners." "In order to reach its full potential as a global leader, China must respect human rights and religious freedom of all its citizens," said Senator Cantwell. "Dialogue with the Dalai Lama is essential."
- Olbermann Discusses Politicization of Terror by Bush Crime Family with John Dean (By Heather, ) It looks like Tom Ridge's lastest revelations in his book have given Keith a chance to say he was correct when he did his series on the Nexus of Politics and Terror. John Dean weighs in on the criminality of what Ridge has admitted to in his book. He thinks Ridge gave himself some wiggle room since he said he only believed the terrorist threat level was being manipulated for political reasons, and did not say he knew it to be a fact.
- Mukasey Won't Say If Gonzales Politicized Department Senate
- Fox News Sunday Panel Complains About Politicization Of AZ Shooting While the FNS panel complains shooting is used to irresponsibly blame the right, Fox Nation went to town using the shooting to attack the left. (See www.newshounds.us)
- DOJ IG: No criminal violation in DOJ politicization Glenn Fine, testifying 7/30/08
- Artur Davis Questions Mukasey About Politicization at DoJ Davis leads Mukasey to respond to questions about the appropriateness of communications between the White House and the US Attorney prosecuting the Don Siegelman Case
- Ramin Jahanbegloo: The spiritualization of politics vs. the politicization of religion "We have to distinguish, as Gandhi used to do, between the ideologization and politicization of religion, and the spiritualization of politics, which simply means bringing ethical virtues into politics," explains philosopher Ramin Jahanbegloo in this interview with Resetdoc, "I have a very optimistic view on the post-Islamist movements, such as the AKP in Turkey or civil society and reform groups in Iran. There are younger generations of Muslims who are experimenting with the idea of secularism at the level of laws and human rights. They want to practice the framework of human rights, without at the same time abandoning their religion."
- Politicization of Women in Islamic Cultures Politicization of Women in Islamic Cultures, Competing conception of Freedom and Justice
- Presidential Politicization of the Bureaucracy Sponsored by the USC SPPD Bedrosian Center Presented by: David E. Lewis Abstract: This paper explains why American presidents politicize some agencies and not others. It focuses on politicization motivated by a presidential desire to change agency policies, particularly in areas central to the presidents agenda, but constrained by the need to not excessively damage agency competence. It tests these expectations with original data from a survey of federal executives at the end of the George W. Bush Administration. The paper finds that presidents are more likely to politicize agencies that have different policy views from those of the president. They are less likely to politicize agencies whose tasks are complex or technical. Presidents are also more likely to politicize agencies central to implementing the presidents agenda. The paper concludes that extent of politicization varies across the government but varies in predictable ways based upon the incentives of presidents.
- Has the Judicial Branch Become too Politicized? Complete video at: fora.tv New York Times Op-Ed columnist Anthony Lewis discusses the alleged "politicization" of the federal judiciary under President Bush. ----- The First Amendment: Defending Thought That We Hate with Anthony Lewis. The First Amendment ensures that all Americans have the right to free speech, but it was only in the 20th century that the Supreme Court began to consistently enforce this basic freedom. A renowned author and literary critic, Lewis will explore how the First Amendment came to represent what it does today, taking a close look at how the courts, public opinion and the political will of the time have influenced its significance over the course of our country's development - The Commonwealth Club of California Anthony Lewis, twice winner of the Pulitzer Prize, is a columnist for The New York Times. His column, which appears on the Op-Ed page, is called Abroad at Home. Residing in Boston, he travels widely in this country and abroad. Prior to becoming a columnist he was based in Washington, DC, covering the Supreme Court, and in London as its bureau chief.
- Patrick Leahy: Mukasey's Politicization السايس العام لبوش DoJ General Michael Mukasey Alberto Gonzales bipartisan sheriff Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy resignation Sen. Joe Biden enigma disappointed Sheldon Whitehouse
- Issa: Obama's EO Will Chill Political Free Speech & Politicize Gov't Procurement The House Committees on Oversight and Government Reform and on Small Business held a joint hearing entitled, "Politicizing Procurement: Will President Obama's Proposal Curb Free Speech and Hurt Small Business?" The joint hearing examined the proposed Obama Executive Order mandating the disclosure of political donations by government contractors as a prerequisite to receiving a government contract. May 12, 2011.
- China Politicization Using Torch Relay to Tibet Doom To Fail Amid all the protests surrounding the Olympic torch relay, many people are asking who the sinister troop of Chinese torch guards in their blue track suits really are -- and why they were allowed on the streets of London and Paris.
- John Brennan and conservative politicization of terrorism Fox News, MSNBC on 2/9/10 and 2/10/10
- Quick Take: The Politicization of the Time Square Investigation STRATFOR's vice president of intelligence, Fred Burton, discusses rivalries that may impact the investigation into a failed car bombing on May 1.
- The Politics of Humanitarianism in the Occupied Territories/(DE)POLITICIZATION OF HUMANITARIANISM The Politics of Humanitarianism in the Occupied Territories Tuesday-Wednesday, April 20-21, 2004 WEDNESDAY, 21 APRIL 2004 (DE)POLITICIZATION OF HUMANITARIANISM Moderator: Huwaida Arraf Humanitarianism and Barbarism: A Mismatch Meron Benvenisti, Jerusalem Bio-Humanitarianism and Bio-Colonialism: Coupling the Land Issue with the Refugee Issue Sari Hanafi, Director, Palestinian Diaspora and Refugee Center (SHAML) Victims of War Are Unlike Victims of Earthquakes: The Conflict between Humanitarianism and Political Activity Jeff Halper, Israel Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD) On the Verge of Catastrophe Ariella Azoulay, Bar-Ilan University Humanitarian Aid: Whom Does It Assist? The Cases of Rafah and Mutilla Amira Hass, Ha'aretz Newspaper
- Fred Thompson on Obama's Politicization of National Security April 21, 2009 Fred Thompson objects to President Obama's decision to possibly prosecute Bush Administration officials.
- Hearing on Politicization Surgeon Generals: Carmona Opening The Oversight Committee holds a hearing, "The Surgeon General's Vital Mission: Challenges for the Future." The hearing focuses on the importance of the Surgeon General's Office, the need to preserve the Surgeon General's independence, and recent limitations on the Surgeon General's ability to carry out its public health education mission. Richard Carmona, who resigned as Surgeon General in 2006, testifies about what he viewed as political and partisan pressure.
- "Politicizing Procurement: Will Obama's Proposal Curb Free Speech & Hurt Small Business?" Panel 1 The House Committees on Oversight and Government Reform and on Small Business held a joint hearing entitled, "Politicizing Procurement: Will President Obama's Proposal Curb Free Speech and Hurt Small Business?" The joint hearing examined the proposed Obama Executive Order mandating the disclosure of political donations by government contractors as a prerequisite to receiving a government contract. May 12, 2011.
- Hearing on Politicization Surgeon Generals: Holmes Norton The Oversight Committee holds a hearing, "The Surgeon General's Vital Mission: Challenges for the Future." The hearing focuses on the importance of the Surgeon General's Office, the need to preserve the Surgeon General's independence, and recent limitations on the Surgeon General's ability to carry out its public health education mission. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton questions Richard Carmona, who resigned as Surgeon General in 2006, testifies about what he viewed as political and partisan pressure regarding issues ranging from stem cell research to abstinence-only education.
- ERPIC - Politicization of Humanitarian Aid Part 1 Politicization of Humanitarian Aid, 22 June 2010. For more information visit
- Politicization of Science- An ASBMB Annual Meeting Special Event Politicization of Science- An ASBMB Annual Meeting Special Event Join Us at the Washington, DC Convention Center on April 10th, 2011 at 12:30pm.
- Countdown - Politicization of Tragedy More at Rachel Maddow appears on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann (6 to discuss the politicization of tragedy.
- Hearing on Politicization Surgeon Generals: Koop's Testimony The Oversight Committee holds a hearing, "The Surgeon General's Vital Mission: Challenges for the Future." The hearing focuses on the importance of the Surgeon General's Office, the need to preserve the Surgeon General's independence, and recent limitations on the Surgeon General's ability to carry out its public health education mission. C. Everett Koop, a Surgeon General under President Reagan who is credited for fighting for AIDS awareness against heavy opposition, gives opening testimony on the need for independence in the office.
- The Politicization of the "Jobs" Issue (and Why Nothing Is Getting Done in Washington) There's no denying that this recovery has been disappointingly slow, and for some Americans, things have only gotten worse in the past two years. The Left is trying to use this issue to attack Republican politicians, yet the president's obstinacy in the face of these pressing challenges has only made the problem--and the politically-charged atmosphere in Washington--worse.
- Countdown - Using Fear and Politicizing 9/11 More at Rachel Maddow joins Keith Olbermann to discuss the use of fear in selling the FISA Act and the continued politicization of 9 (see $9.11 Giuliani fundraiser, etc). Aired 9/26/07.
- The Politicization of Ethnic Sentiments in the Sudan Prof. Elfatih Abdullahi Abdel Salam, professor at the International Islamic University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, explains the implications for nation-building of the politicization of ethnic sentiments in the Sudan. his talk was given at the August 2006 meetings of the Sudan Studies Association, at Rhode Island College.
- Feingold Listening Session response on DOJ politicization Senator Feingold's answer to my question regarding whether Holder's DOJ is operating independently of political influence from the White House.
- Hearing on Politicization Surgeon Generals: Waxman Questions The Oversight Committee holds a hearing, "The Surgeon General's Vital Mission: Challenges for the Future." The hearing focuses on the importance of the Surgeon General's Office, the need to preserve the Surgeon General's independence, and recent limitations on the Surgeon General's ability to carry out its public health education mission. Chairman Henry Waxman questions Richard Carmona, who resigned as Surgeon General in 2006, testifies about what he viewed as political and partisan pressure regarding issues ranging from stem cell research to abstinence-only education.
- politicization of christianity The scary politicization of christianitty. I was raised christian and growing up we never endorsed a politician or even entered into political talk in or around church. america is shooting itself in the foot and the christians are destroying our economy and our reputation and hopefully when the rapture comes the christians will all be taken away up into heaven so we can get back to work building a healthy rational society down here.
- James Robinson on politicization in Department of Justice James K. Robinson, Partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP; former Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division, US Department of Justice and former US attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan discusses the effects of increased politicization in the Department of Justice. On October 10, 2007, ACS hosted a panel of distinguished former Department of Justice officials to discusses principles and best practices to guide the Department of Justice under the next Attorney General. Full video of the event is available on the ACS web site:
- Whitehouse Compares EPA Politicization to US Atty. Scandal Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), May 2, 2008
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about politicization
“Final blog by Roger Pielke Sr. on Climate Science. Former Colorado State Climatologist Roger Pielke Sr slams the politicization of Excerpt from the final blog: Climate Science has discussed the shortcomings, bias and errors with the 2007”
— ICECAP, icecap.us
“ related issues about the politicization of the Department of Justice. Blog Right. Instapundit. Kaus Files. Free Republic. Powerline. Reason Hit and Run. Blog the South. The Southerner Journal. Town Called Dobson. Blog Alabama. Alabama Conservationist. Ash Politics”
— The Locust Fork News-Journal " Politicization,
“Home " Blogs " Bruce Bartlett's blog. The Politicization of the Think Tanks. 16 Apr 2010 politicization of Washington think tanks. BB. We hear the term "think”
— The Politicization of the Think Tanks | Capital Gains and Games,
“The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official campaign arm of the Democrats in the House of Representatives”
— Politicization? Nah... | DCCC,
“About The D&S Blog 'Politicization' of the Fed (Dean Baker) Posted by Chris Sturr | Filed under Uncategorized | Nov 11, 2009 | No Comments Washington Post: Taking Away the Banks' Control of the Fed is "Politicization"”
— 'Politicization' of the Fed (Dean Baker) - Dollars & Sense Blog,
“[ Log In] Hindunet Forums " Forums " Elections and Party Politics " Political Talk " Politicization of caste system Politicization of caste system. Caste system has got unusual and unexpected support from”
— Politicization of caste system - Hindunet Forums,
“The Politicization of the Department of Homeland Security Note: THis blog entry was revised and extended and posted here. Posted at 09:51 AM”
— American Thinker Blog: The Politicization of the Department,
“Community Blog > Shadow's Vault > Politicization of Sanctions. Cyber Nations Forum Rules it is to demonstrate my feelings on the politicization of sanctions”
— Politicization of Sanctions - Cyber Nations Forums,
“Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich. http:///blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/73815-hoekstra-opponent-accuses-politicization-of-attempted-terror-attack”
— Hoekstra opponent accuses politicization of attempted terror,
related keywords for politicization
- politicization of science
- politicization of intelligence
- politicization definition
- politicization of gaap
- politicization of islam
- politicization of religion definition
- politicization of climate change
- politicization of the judiciary
- politicization of aid
- politicization synonyms
- politicization of science canada
- politicization of science definition
- politicization of science global warming
- politicization of science wikipedia
- politicization of science bush administration
- politicization of science obama
- politicization of science environment
- politicization of science climate change
- politicization of science abortion
- politicization of science conference
similar for politicization
- online dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- free online english dictionary
- politicization of science
- union of concerned scientists
- intelligent design
- bush administration
- global warming
- scientific consensus
- breast cancer
- scientific research
- fda scientists
- politicized issue
- free encyclopedia
- since october
- politically active
- legalized abortion
- politicized issues
- political issue
- negative label
- legal issue
- deliberate action
- moral issue
- usage examples
- intransitive verb
- transitive verb
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- teachers of english
- civil service
- george tiller
- holocaust museum
- public safety
- white supremacist
- the holocaust museum
- international criminal law
- icc statute