- Definition of oxytocin in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of oxytocin. Pronunciation of oxytocin. Translations of oxytocin. oxytocin synonyms, oxytocin antonyms. Information about oxytocin in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “oxytocin - definition of oxytocin by the Free Online”,
- Oxytocin (ŏk'sĭ-tō'sĭn) is a relatively small polypeptide hormone in mammals that plays Oxytocin involves harmonious interaction between neural and hormonal systems. — “Oxytocin - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Oxytocin (Greek: "quick birth") is a mammalian hormone that is secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland, and that is also released into the brain, where it has effects on social behaviors. During lactation, oxytocin is secreted in response to stimulation of the nipples by the. — “Oxytocin - encyclopedia article - Citizendium”,
- Oxytocin (pronounced /ˌɒksɨˈtoʊsɪn/) is a mammalian hormone that acts primarily as a neurotransmitter in the brain. Oxytocin and vasopressin are the only known hormones released by the human posterior pituitary gland to act at a distance. — “Oxytocin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- how oxytocin, the hormone of love, lets us love and mate According to Lisa Conti in Miller-McCune, Nancy Forger of the University of Massachusetts found that there were lots of oxytocin receptors in the rats' nucleus accumbens, which is considered the pleasure center in mammals -- including humans. — “Hug the Monkey: Oxytocin”,
- If hormones could win popularity contests, oxytocin might well be queen of the day. Oxytocin is produced mainly in the hypothalamus, where it is either released into the blood via the pituitary gland, or to other parts of the brain and spinal cord, where it binds to oxytocin receptors to. — “Science Watch--The two faces of oxytocin”,
- Oxytocin is an FDA approved injectable hormone for use in veterinary medicine. Oxytocin is a hormone naturally produced in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus. — “Oxytocin and Dogs - Chinaroad Lowchens of Australia”,
- Oxytocin (Pitocin ®) The authors make no claims of the accuracy of the information contained herein; and these suggested doses and/or guidelines are not a substitute for clinical judgement. Neither GlobalRPh Inc. nor any other party involved. — “Oxytocin (Pitocin ®) - Intravenous (IV) Dilution”,
- Oxytocin is a hormone that helps relax and reduce blood pressure and cortisol levels. Repeated exposure to oxytocin causes long-lasting effects by influencing the activity of other transmitter systems, a pattern which makes oxytocin potentially clinically relevant. Oxytocin can be released by. — “Oxytocin : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., information”,
- Learn about the prescription medication Pitocin (Oxytocin Injection), drug uses, dosage, side effects, drug interactions, warnings, reviews and patient labeling. — “Pitocin (Oxytocin Injection) Drug Information: User Reviews”,
- Oxytocin potency is standardized according to its vasopressor activity in chickens and is expressed in USP Posterior Pituitary Units. Oxytocin is reportedly compatible with most commonly used intravenous fluids and the following drugs: chloramphenicol sodium succinate, metaraminol bitartrate,. — “Oxytocin”,
- Oxytocin - Oxytocin is a natural hormone that causes the uterus to contract. - Oxytocin should be administered as an injection into a muscle or intravenously by a healthcare provider. It should be administered in a clinical setting where a. — “Oxytocin - Side Effects, Dosage, Interactions - Drugs”,
- Medicine Woman and Oxytocin. June 23, 2008. A few weeks ago, while channel surfing in a motel room in Canada, my daughter Sophie and I chanced upon a show called Medicine Woman. Rat females given oxytocin antagonists after giving birth do not exhibit typical maternal behavior. — “oxytocin”,
- Natural oxytocin causes milk to be ejected from the breasts during lactation, the amount of oxytocin produced naturally, however, does not stimulate labour. In order to duplicate the hormone and create an artificial drug Oxytocin (Syntocinon) was developed by Vincent du Vigneaud. — “OXYTOCIN”,
- Oxytocin is released by males and females during orgasm and is Traditionally, Oxytocin has been administered by injection or nasal spray because oral. — “Belmar Pharmacy Oxytocin”,
- We see one of oxytocin's most powerful effects at birth - when the mother and father bond with their child. At that moment, oxytocin surges causing a rewiring of both parents' brains so that they will do anything for their little screaming creature. — “The Big 'O' Isn't Orgasm | Reuniting”,
- Oxytocin (Template:Pron-en) (sold as Pitocin, Syntocinon) is a mammalian hormone that also acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain. It is also known as alpha-hypophamine (α–hypophamine). — “Oxytocin - Psychology Wiki”,
- Definition of oxytocin in the Medical Dictionary. oxytocin explanation. Information about oxytocin in Free online English dictionary. What is oxytocin? Meaning of oxytocin medical term. What does oxytocin mean?. — “oxytocin - definition of oxytocin in the Medical dictionary”, medical-
- oxytocin n. A short polypeptide hormone, C 43 H 66 N 12 O 12 S 2 , released from the posterior lobe of the pituitary gland, that stimulates the. — “oxytocin: Definition from ”,
- Oxytocin in a nine amino acid peptide that is synthesized in hypothalamic neurons and transported down axons of the posterior pituitary for secretion into blood. Oxytocin is also secreted within the brain and from a few other tissues, including the ovaries and testes. — “Oxytocin”, vivo.colostate.edu
- What is Oxytocin? Oxytocin is a natural hormone that causes the Oxytocin is used to induce labor, strengthen labor contractions during childbirth,. — “Oxytocin - Drugs & Treatments - Revolution Health”,
- Oxytocin Drug Information from . Includes Oxytocin side effects, interactions and indications. — “Oxytocin Drug Information, Professional”,
- Oxytocin is a peptide of nine different amino acid s: cysteine, tyrosine, isoleucine, glutamine, asparagines, cysteine, praline, leucine, glycine (abbreviated CYIQNCPLG) Oxytocin is often found bound to neurophysin, a carrier protein. — “Oxytocin”,
related videos for oxytocin
- Oxytocin: The "Cuddle Chemical" Rebecca Jarvis and Dr. Holly Phillps of WCBS-TV discuss a new study on the effects Oxytocin nasal spray has on men with low social competence.
- Love-Bonding ***ual Hormone: Oxytocin Oxytocin( Pitocin) is the agent most people think of to induce labor produce child delivery. Oxytocin has been recently been described by some as kind of Legal Extacy.It can have hugging feel good, bonding, trust and empathy producing effects. Without the illegal effects and speed and hallucinations. It is a prescription medicine that can only be medically prescribed usually sublingually or intranasal preparations.It can improve trust and the *** lives of many couples. It can produce orgasms in anorgasmic men and women and enhance can orgasmic and just pleasure of touch pleasure. Men can get more easily bonded to their partner. Not to be used by Pregnant women or those who wish to conceive. This is not a Recreational Drug. It needs Medical Supervision. can feel more more bonded
- Experi Mental Paul Zak Oxytocin Scientific experiments of human trust and decision making. Using the experimental framework of neuroeconomics, Paul J Zak Ph.D. shows that the neuro hormone oxytocin is responsible to humans trusting a total stranger when deciding to give money.
- Kid Adrift - Oxytocin (Cyantific & Wilkinson Remix) Colour: Red Unbelievable track from Wilkinson and Cyantific - great remix and amazing synths. Amazing beat - stupidly catchy produced by two of the best dnb producers at the moment! Hear more of Wilkinson at and hear more of Cyantific at Come and take a look at our website to keep up to date with everything to do with OnlyDrumandBass... We have a facebook page for the channel, please check it out and like it to stay up to date with our uploads... http Got a dnb track you want us to promote? Send us a message with a link to your track! Or send it to contact@ :) Don't forget to comment, rate, subscribe and like our facebook page :) Alex.
- Duke SFS 2009 - Oxytocin Feeling Amphitheater scene. Student Faculty Show 2009.
- Information on Cerebral Palsy - Oxytocin Informational video on the use of oxycotin for cerebral palsy KREBS: One of the most common things we see is now days, mothers are induced or augmented with a drug called oxytocin. There seems to be more of an impetus to get mothers out of the hospital now. The times that mothers are in the hospital to deliver a baby are shorter and shorter. This is largely for money reasons. Insurance companies want to get moms out of the hospital. One way of doing that is to give moms this drug called oxytocin. You'll also hear it referred to as pitocin. Oxytocin is naturally made by mom. When she goes into labor, she will make oxytocin from a part of her brain and it is secreted into her blood system where it goes down to her uterus in pulses, is in a cycle, it has a rhythm. There's a work and a rest rhythm that goes with it that is natural. What obstetricians and nurses at hospitals do when they augment labor is to give pitocin continuously, not in a rhythmic pattern, not naturally, not with pulses but to give it continuously. And this ends up often times causing a condition that used to be known as hyper stimulation. Now obstetricians have given it a new name, they call it tachysystole. Fancy terms. All they mean is that when you give oxytocin continuously it will cause the uterine to contract too often, too hard, and-or the uterus never goes down to a complete rest -- or nearly complete rest -- between contractions so that the uterus is essentially working overtime. The uterus is ...
- Oxytocin Central No More Dread Oxytocin Education Interrupted sleep, never ending tape of worry running in your head? Editor Bryan Post with his head full of dreads, talks about his head full of dread! (get it!) He shares his personal experience of dread, anxiety, and fear and the solution, Oxytocin.
- Oxytocin, Emotion and Autism (3 of 8) Doctor Larry Young discusses how taking oxytocin may increase trust and affect social abilities in humans. This may be a future treatment for autism.
- How to help reduce stress and depression and feel better Oxytocin, the love hormone, the cuddle chemical; Bryan Post talks about what it is and how it can change our lives.
- Oxytocin Effects On Female -2 Touch is so vital to humans, and most of us don't get nearly enough of it. Babies deprived of touch don't develop normally because certain connections in the brain actually disappear. Orphans who receive very, very little touch often die as a result, and those who survive can experience permanent physical and mental retardation.Kids who don't get enough touch grow up to become aggressive and antisocial adults.
- Kid Adrift - Oxytocin (Directed by High Contrast) This is the official video for Kid Adrift - Oxytocin. Directed by High Contrast. Oxytocin is out to buy on July 12th.
- Troy Pierce - Oxytocin Artist: Troy Pierce Title: Oxytocin Album: Various - Expansion | Contraction Label: M_nus Genre: Minimal [MINUS 58] Info: /troypierceminus /artist/Troy+Pierce Copyright © M_nus, Troy Pierce
- Kid Adrift - Oxytocin (Cyantific & Wilkinson Remix) Just listen and chill. -enjoy
- Oxytocin, Love, and Family We each define family in our own unique way and each of those people plays a role in our emotional happiness and well-being. Spending quality time with our family and in our community produces oxytocin within ourselves and others.
- Research on Oxytocin This video briefly describes some of the research currently being done on oxytocin, including its link to possible uses for schizophrenia, autism, and depression. For more detailed information, visit .
- Kid Adrift - Oxytocin (BBC Introducing stage at Glastonbury 2010) Kid Adrift performing on the BBC Introducing stage at Glastonbury Festival, June 25-27 2010. BBC Introducing supports unsigned, undiscovered and under the radar bands and musicians. If you reckon you deserve a chance to perform on our stage at major UK festivals, visit /introducing, upload the music you're making and show us what you've got to offer.
- Oxytocin, Love, and Relationships February is the month of love. Oxytocin, the hormone that makes love possible, can be released by good food, love songs, and spending time with your loved one. It feels good to be happy.
- Oxytocin the Love Hormone vs Cortisol the Stress Hormone www.india- Oxytocin vs Cortisol Humans, have two opposing hormonal responses to stimuli. Threatening stimuli cause an increase of stress hormones called Adrenaline and Cortisol. Comforting or reassuring stimuli cause an increase in oxytocin. The fight or flight response triggered by a sudden threat or a stressful situation is associated with the hormone, Adrenaline. Adrenaline causes increase in heart rate, speeds up respiration, activates muscles, and creates hyper-alert energy. This hormone empowers you to immediately act your way out of danger. The activation of Adrenaline is deemed healthy for the body, at times. However, when the stress stays for long, it increases the level of another hormone, Cortisol. To cope with stress, cortisol begins to break down non-essential organs and tissues to maintain blood sugar and to feed vital organs. When Cortisol stays at high levels, it automatically digests bones, muscles, and joints - resulting to elevated blood fats and sugar, which are related to many disorders. The most common stressors nowadays are more likely emotional and mental than physical. Pressure from job, family problems, fear-producing media materials, and relationship issues are among the top ten causes of stress. Eventhough they are non-physical threats, your body has only one response to this scenario, and that is to produce more Cortisol. These emotional and mental stressors are indirectly linked to the body's physical condition. The good news is that ...
- A Brief Overview of Oxytocin Oxytocin is a mammalian hormone and nuerotransmitter associated with fetal neurons, orgasm, nipple stimulation, and attachment. Synthetic oxytocin is sold as medication under the trade names Pitocin and Syntocinon and also as generic oxytocin. Oxytocin is destroyed in the gastrointestinal tract, and therefore must be administered by injection or as nasal spray. Oxytocin has a half-life of typically about three minutes in the blood. Oxytocin given intravenously does not enter the brain in significant quantities - it is excluded from the brain by the blood-brain barrier. There is no evidence for significant CNS entry of oxytocin by nasal spray. Oxytocin nasal sprays have been used to stimulate breastfeeding but the efficacy of this approach is doubtful. Some have suggested that the trust-inducing property of oxytocin might help those who suffer from social anxieties and mood disorders, while others have noted the potential for abuse with confidence tricks.
- oxytocin and testosterone levels Interview with John Gray. Free videos to enhance your relationships, romance, ***, & time magagement. Life Coach Bonnie bruderer has worked with both Tony Robbins.
- Oxytocin Heart by Giles Toller Version 1 (work in progress) Headphones or turn it really loud please :) "Its just you and me now Kayzie Boe:)" "court or no court, this is one I will not let go of" This song is as much about the psychobiology, about the physical changes in the mind when under the effects of "attachment related stress" Oxytocin vasopressin, known as the "hormones of love" are key to this, the fascination is that something so huge and meaningful as love is in essence so mechanical. The art is in realizing this and appreciating this with out it demeaning your very existence. Update: There seems to be some confusion regarding the effects of Oxytocin, or at least those referred to in this song, So below I have added a link which gives a little insight as to my interest when writing this song, and my take on how it influences me. There is much written about Oxcytocin however, Wikipedia is the first port of call for most but at this point in time only details the more obvious learnings!! psychology.suite101.com
- Paul Zak, PhD, discusses the 'empathy' gene: oxytocin Paul Zak is a neuroeconomics expert in California.
- Oxytocin New: Oxytocine products Isis Line -
- Oxytocin Injections use to Male ***ual work ETV2 News @ 08PM 31st July 2010
- Oxytocin Effects On Female -7 Touch is so vital to humans, and most of us don't get nearly enough of it. Babies deprived of touch don't develop normally because certain connections in the brain actually disappear. Orphans who receive very, very little touch often die as a result, and those who survive can experience permanent physical and mental retardation.Kids who don't get enough touch grow up to become aggressive and antisocial adults.
- Oxytocin Effects On Female -8 Touch is so vital to humans, and most of us don't get nearly enough of it. Babies deprived of touch don't develop normally because certain connections in the brain actually disappear. Orphans who receive very, very little touch often die as a result, and those who survive can experience permanent physical and mental retardation.Kids who don't get enough touch grow up to become aggressive and antisocial adults.
- Oxytocin Effects On Female Touch is so vital to humans, and most of us don't get nearly enough of it. Babies deprived of touch don't develop normally because certain connections in the brain actually disappear. Orphans who receive very, very little touch often die as a result, and those who survive can experience permanent physical and mental retardation.Kids who don't get enough touch grow up to become aggressive and antisocial adults.
- Oxytocin 3D model of Oxytocin
- Dr. Cohen on "Hugs Producing Oxytocin" @ The Center For The Healing Process Dr. Gerald Cohen at The Center For The Healing Process talks about Hugs Producing Oxytocin. See more at
- Oxytocin "Best Film" "Best Experimental/Animation" at the 2009 Colorado College Film Festival. Senior thesis film by DV Dubler
- Session 1 Oxytocin and Children, The impact of Oxytocin on children's behavior. Bryan Post Learn why Oxytocin is the new love drug. Unlock the loving relationships in your life. Bryan Post talks about Oxytocin as it relates to the parent child relationship
- INDIAN ANIMAL LAWS - OXYTOCIN Oxytocin injection is a 'H' category drugs & it can be in a single baluster packing, where as it is openly available in banned 100 ampules pack. This drug is misused on milking animals for lactation, which is a cognizable offense under section 12 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960. Naresh Kadyan, founder Chairman - PFA HARYANA found its misused on the cows transported by rail from Kila Raipur to West Bengal, he has stopped the train & lodged FIR with the GRP, Faridabad on 10-12-2000 - accused convicted by the local court.
- Oxytocin promotes attachment
- Moral Markets: Paul Zak discusses Oxytocin, Trade, and Human Nature "Our biology really tells us that, at our hearts, we're libertarians." So says Paul J. Zak, who spoke recently at Reason Foundation's annual Reason Weekend. Zak is the founding director of the Center for Neuroeconomics Studies at Claremont Graduate University and is credited with the first published use of the term "neuroeconomics," a new discipline that integrates neuroscience and economics. Zak discusses his "oxytocin argument," which he explores in the book Moral Markets: The Critical Role of Values in the Economy. In 2004, Zak's lab discovered that the chemical oxytocin (best known for inducing labor in women) allows us to determine whom to trust in situations that require exchange. That's the same trust that makes trade possible and underpins modern economies. Approximately 14 minutes-long. Filmed by Alex Manning and Paul Detrick; Editd by Hawk Jensen. Go to reason.tv for HD, iPod and audio versions of this video and subscribe to Reason.tv's YouTube channel to receive automatic notification when new material goes live.
- Oxytocin in Private Practice - Jorge D. Flechas, MD Jorge D. Flechas, MD speaks about Oxytocin in Private Practice at the 16th annual A4M conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Item #A4M083WSS4-03
- Vasopressin, Oxytocin and Bonding (6 of 6) Doctor Thomas Insel continues his discussion of the two neuropeptides, vasopressin and oxytocin.
- Oxytocin's Importance to Love and Family Family members play a critical role in providing a loving and supportive atmosphere for each other. Regular family time provides opportunities trigger the body's release of oxytocin, making us feel calm and connected. Love. Family. Oxytocin. It feels good to be happy.
- Oxytocin and Autism Animal studies suggest that oxytocin facilitates social cognitive abilities crucial to social success and is involved in prosocial behavior in healthy humans. Dr. Hollanders lab seeks to apply these findings to the treatment of autism spectrum disorders. Oxytocin may play a role in autism, given that social interaction deficits are a core feature of autism, and that oxytocin is involved in regulating affiliative behaviors. Studies also show that intravenous administration of oxytocin reduces repetitive behaviors and improves social memory. Series: MIND Institute Lecture Series on Neurodevelopmental Disorders [4/2009] [Health and Medicine] [Professional Medical Education] [Show ID: 16228]
- Kid Adrift - Oxytocin Song about watching someone you love having a brain hemorrhage. Sorry. Indirectly about a million other things in the world also. Sometimes worry that by extrapolating a personal situation to completely pan the entire world I am being a little egocentric. But then again, maybe I should just go watch Strictly Come Dancing...=)
- CausaliDox - The Oxytocin Party Video for The Oxytocin Party by CausaliDox. Gear used: Roland TR-808 Roland TR-707 Roland Juno-60 Sequential Circuits Pro-One Korg PolySix Ensoniq ESQ-1 Roland Alpha Juno /CausaliDox
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about oxytocin
“Open Heart Surgery and Soothing Music: the oxytocin connection. February 17th, 2010 · 1 61. Soothing music can increase oxytocin levels during bed rest after”
— Oxytocin | Healing Music Enterprises Blog,
“Home Blog. Free Music! " Oxytocin" Presents the Other Side of Harmonix. April 23, 2009. By Brett Milano. In Presenting Oxytocin, a fresh compilation of some of the more exotic music to come out of Harmonix. You'll hear a few guitars, but”
— Free Music! "Oxytocin" Presents the Other Side of Harmonix,
“We are a focused group of transformational activists who intend to build a platform that enables individuals to make an impact in the world. Our mission is to provide the tools to educate, collaborate and initiate positive change that will”
— JustGetThere - Entries tagged as oxytocin, justgetthere.us
“Forums and message boards for Oxytocin, Pitocin, Oxytocin (generic)”
— Oxytocin, Pitocin, Oxytocin Forum - Topix,
“Bayview Pharmacy can compound oxytocin into a nasal spray to meet your medical needs”
— Oxytocin and Lactation,
“Science magazine is reporting on a new study that found that oxytocin, the so-called trust hormone, may be beneficial in dealing with the symptoms of autism”
— Oxytocin and Autism | The Posit Science Blog,
“a Nature Top 50 science blog from the American Journal of Bioethics Chemical Trust: An Oxytocin Oxymoron. In the new issue of AJOB, Darby Penny and I take on the notion that trust can and should be”
— Chemical Trust: An Oxytocin Oxymoron | ,
“Here's a post from Paul, a moderator for the forum. He monitors the forum and has been seeing an increasing interest for oxytocin among men with erectile dysfunction: A discussion in the Edguider Forum on how oxytocin helps men”
— Hug the Monkey: Viagra and Oxytocin A Hot Topic at Edguider Forum,
“Dose a group of people with oxytocin and it's group hugs all round. Imagine oxytocin bombs dropped on Afghanistan, Iraq, Cuba or Venezuela; all the warring”
— The Null Device blog: Love bombs,
related keywords for oxytocin
- oxytocin nasal spray
- oxytocin hormone
- oxytocin side effects
- oxytocin spray
- oxytocin in men
- oxytocin function
- oxytocin autism
- oxytocin love
- oxytocin purchase
- oxytocin challenge test
- oxytocin nasal spray buy
- oxytocin nasal spray dosage
- oxytocin nasal spray autism
- oxytocin nasal spray reviews
- oxytocin nasal spray side effects
- oxytocin nasal spray syntocinon
- oxytocin nasal spray lactation
- oxytocin nasal spray prescription
- oxytocin nasal spray breastfeeding
- oxytocin nasal spray for anxiety
similar for oxytocin
- oxytocin receptor
- oxytocin levels
- the brain
- receptor antagonists
- hormone oxytocin
- side effects
- pituitary gland
- maternal behavior
- milk ejection
- uterine smooth muscle
- time of birth
- hypothalamic neurons
- mammary gland
- two faces
- stress hormone cortisol
- science watch
- prairie voles
- stressful conditions
- new world encyclopedia
- oxytocin drug
- oxytocin challenge test
- obstet gynecol
- induction of labor
- clinical significance
- water intoxication
- panel survey
- intravenous infusion
- uterine rupture
- dosage forms
- oxytocin hormone
- nasal spray
- social interaction
- sensory stimulation
- men and women
- pregnant women
- prog brain res
- uterine contractions