- Background: Native to Europe and temperate Asia, but now naturalized throughout much of the United States, mullein has been used since antiquity for respiratory ailments and as an anti-inflammatory. Mullein is found growing along the roadside, in hedgerows, and beside grassy banks. — “Meridian Institute - Home Page”,
- All about Mullein. View complete and up to date Mullein information - part of the trusted medication database. — “Mullein information from ”,
- the Great Mullein, is a widely distributed plant, being found all over Europe and in Medicinal Action and Uses---The Mullein has very markedly demulcent, emollient and. — “ - A Modern Herbal | Mullein, Great”,
- Long used to soothe the respiratory tract, mullein may help ease ear pain and fight off germs naturally. — “Mullein – Benefits of Mullein”,
- Learn about Mullein on . Find info and videos including: How to Grow Mullein, About the Uses of Mullein, How to Harvest Mullein and much more. — “Mullein - ”,
- Definition of mullein in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of mullein. Pronunciation of mullein. Translations of mullein. mullein synonyms, mullein antonyms. Information about mullein in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. common. — “mullein - definition of mullein by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- I was astonished when I finally learned that mullein is Eurasian: After its early arrival on these shores, the Indians adapted it. The name "mullein" has two possible derivations: It either comes from comes from mollis, which means soft in Latin, or the Latin word mulandrum, which comes from. — “Mullein”,
- Our bulk Mullein Leaf is available cut and sifted or powdered, and certified organic. — “Mullein Leaf | Buy premium-quality Mullein Leaf herb from the”,
- Mullein Manufacturers & Mullein Suppliers Directory - Find a Mullein Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Mullein Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Mullein-Mullein Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- Mullein herb uses, pictures, description, habitat and growing information. — “Mullein herb uses Verbascum thapsus”,
- Mullein is an emollient herb, good for cough and cold formulas Mullein is an easy to grow herb, often seen in disturbed areas such as fields and ditches. — “Mullein - What is Mullein Used For”,
- Botanical Description: Probably everyone has seen Mullein. It is a pretty plant, particularly conspicuous along highways in the city. Mullein is quite tall. It generally grows to about four feet high, but plants of six feet and more are not uncommon. — “Mullein herb - A City Herbal by Maida Silverman - Ash Tree”,
- First year mullein plants are low-growing rosettes of bluish gray-green, feltlike leaves Because mullein seedling emergence is dependent on the presence of bare ground, sowing. — “PCA Alien Plant Working Group - Common Mullein (Verbascum thapsus)”, nps.gov
- Mulleins have been used in natural medicine for centuries and are among the oldest known medicinal plants. Mullein was brought to North America from Europe by settlers and was commonly used as a remed. — “Mullein | ”,
- Six-spotted Tiger Beetle. English Plantain. Eastern Worm Snake. Common Milkweed. American KINGDOM. Plant. DIVISION. Magnoliophyta. CLASS. Magnoliopsida. ORDER. Scrophulariales. FAMILY. — “Common Mullein”, fcps.edu
- Mullein plants are commonly used to treat a variety of ailments. Scroll down for information on mullein uses Mullein is a genus of the figwort family Scrophulariaceae, that includes about 250 distinct plant species. — “Mullein Uses”,
- Description of mullein, its habitat, medicinal uses, and other useful tips. — “Mullein”, herbs2000.com
- Mullein soothes, lubricates, and tones the respiratory system and aides in expectoration by stimulating fluid production. Mullein is sometimes used with other herbs such as white horehound, lobelia, elder, and red clover. The iridoid glycosides. — “Mullein Herb”,
- mullein n. Any of various Eurasian plants of the genus Verbascum, especially V. thapsus, a tall plant having closely clustered yellow flowers and. — “mullein: Definition from ”,
- Mullein is an easily recognizable plant found throughout Michigan in fields, meadows, and anywhere the ground has been disturbed. The oil is simple to prepare: Find an abundance of flowering Mullein, pick the flowers and let them wilt for a few hours to reduce their moisture. — “Herbcraft - Mullein”,
- Dark Mullein (Verbascum nigrum) flowers closeup. Various species have One species, Verbascum thapsus (Great mullein), is used as a herbal remedy for sore. — “Mullein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- ShopWiki has 1716 results for MULLEIN, including Mullein Leaves 330mg - 100 - Capsule, Organic Solar Filled Mullein Salve -rapid Healer, Mullein Leaves Extract 2 FL oz, and Mullein Leaf Tea. — “MULLEIN”,
- Various combinations of names have been used to arrive at mullein's generic and common name, most of which either describe its fuzzy texture or its resemblance to a candle. The Romans called the herb verbascum from the Latin barba, to mean "beard. — “Mullein - Herb Information and Mullein Recipes”,
related videos for mullein
- Nature is Psychedelic, Mullein Leaf & Alt. Medicine, & Pineal Gland Ecstasy. Zen Flower Radio 4-6-11
- Magical Mullein Patch This is a very large patch of wild Mullein plants. Last year there was only a little circle of them, and this year nearly the whole field is full of these beautiful wild plants!
- The Mullein Torch Experiment The Common Mullein plant has been around for centuries and today I will be attempting something the Romans did with it. Seriously! Will I ever make it out of the woods?
- Mullein Recap This is just going over the Mullein plant a little better.
- mullein harvest with herbalist Susun Weed
- special herbs vol. 1 & 2 - mullein special herbs vol. 1 & 2
- How to make Mullein tea A howto on making tea from Mullein leaves, which can be found in the wild. Mullein is a medicinal plant with many uses.
- 512 Mullein Trace Woodstock GA 30188 Contact: Mark Spain The Mark Spain Team 770-886-9000 markspain@ for more information about this home. What a value! Best, fenced, private play yard in neighborhood! Full brick front, two story, family room, kitchen with tile floors, huge laundry room. Extra large master closet! Must see.
- 1 Lb Mullein Leaf Cut (HMULCB).mp4 goo.gl This herb has been the best at mellowing me down.It has been great at stopping asthma so I can sleep easier.I guess that is why native Americans used it. It calms down the body and mind.
- Ghostface KIllah -- Mighty Healthy (Mullein Chamber) Hagakure -- Metal Chambers (MF Doom Vs Wu-Tang)(Mixtape) Mixtape highlighting collabs between MF DOOM and the WU Including Mashups of "Shared" Metal Fingers Herbs featuring Monsta Island Czars, John Robinson and the Wu-tang. Mixed and Arranged by Hagakure. 01.Metal Fingers & Hagakure -- Chamber of Doom (Benzoin Gum Intro) 02.Ghostface Killah & DOOM -- Angels 03.Ghostface Killah & John Robinson -- 102 Jellyfish feat. Cappadonna and Trife Da God 04.Ghostface Killah -- Alex (Stolen Script) 05.Masta Killa -- ENY House 06.Hell Razah -- Black Kingz 07.Hell Razah & Viktor Vaughn -- Project Jazz 08.Ghostface Killah -- Charlie Brown (2 Chambers Mix) 09.Metal Fingers & Hagakure -- Message to Shaolin (Lovage Interlude) 10.Rza & King Ghidra -- You Can't Stop Anti-Matter feat. Mr. Fantastik, MF DOOM & Inspectah Deck 11.Raekwon -- Yessir! 12.Ghostface Killah -- Underwater 13.Raekwon and Ghostface Killah -- Criminology (Charnsuka Chamber) 14.Metal Fingers & Hagakure -- Cinquefoil Training Interlude 15.DOOM & Ghostface Killah -- Hey! Who Are We? 16.MF Grimm & Ghostface KIllah -- 1000 Degrees of Gunz and Razors feat. Cappadonna & Killa Sin 17.John Robinson & Hell Razah -- Black Gold (Rhythm and Poetry Remix) 18.Masta KIlla -- Street Corners (MF Doom Remix) feat. Inspectah Deck & Gza 19.Raekwon & DOOM -- Camay (Helpless Fool Remix) feat. Cappadonna & Ghostface Killah 20.Megalon -- Rainblood pt. 3 feat. MF Grimm & Ghostface Killah 21.Metal Fingers & Hagakure -- Where is Monsta Island? 22.Wu ...
- Herb Fairy on pennyroyal mullein plantain , Our Lovely Herbal Fairy in Full Flight mode Buzzing from plant to plant enlightening us on the wonderful world of Herbs...and of course a legal disclaimer...see your health care provider before taking any medicinal or herbal preparations.
- Boris McCutcheon - Mullein People ( from Wheel of Life, 2010) Mullein People, by Boris McCutcheon & the Salt Licks. Photos by Jessica Garcia, Anne Staveley, James Hart, Meghan Hickey, artwork by Brett Davis.
- Mullein Moths - 2006 Enormous mullein moth ( ) caterpillars from 2006. That year, numerous enormous Great Mullein plants sprung up in the garden, and one of them was quite seriously infected with these caterpillars before long. They almost ate it to the ground.
- Bow Drill boredom-Mullein and Cedar on the kitchen floor If any one asks I was using a shotglass for the bearing. Yeah yeah its cheating but its all I had in the house...
- Folk Cough Remedy: Giant Mullein Of course you all know that you should make sure you can identify any wild plant that you intend to ingest, and take it at your own risk..... This weed may come in very useful to help break up chest congestion if you get the new variety of flu that is coming around. Of course you'll want to check in with your doctor, but there's no reason that you can't sip some hot mullein tea to minimize the cough. Dry the leaf, boil a Tablespoon in 1 cup of water for 1 minute, then STRAIN - those little hairs on the furry leaves might be an irritant if they get caught in your throat. This will thin the mucous and allow you to clear your congestion much more easily than without. It is bitter - so add some honey. Don't use the seeds of the plant - they can concentrate certain elements that you may not want to ingest. Also the yellow flowers can be steeped in olive oil and used to treat earache... I found this further information about the plant on another video: Mullein (Verbascum [Latin]), also called velvet dock, flannel leaf or plant, feltwort, Aaron's rod, shepherd's staff, and lungwort, is easily identified in the wild by its big, soft leaves. Many of the names used to identify this plant refer to its velvety texture; however, the name lungwort reflects mullein's traditional use as a treatment for relieving cough and congestion of those with minor respiratory ailments. Mullein is recommended by herbalists for treatment of cough, sore throat, and colds. When combined with water, the ...
- MF Doom - Mullein Track 56 of Special Herbs - The Box Set Collection. : : : : : : I have the entire box set collection along with the correct tracklistings. If you have any questions or rhymes just drop a comment, check out some other tracks and subscribe!
- Shoshanna's Kitchen - Episode 32 - Mullein Steam Got a winter cough? I'm Shoshanna and today I'm going to show you how to get rid of it. When you have that congestion that you cannot get rid of, this is the thing to do: all I've got is some boiling water in here, I've got about "that" much boiling water, I'm gonna get some mullein. What you want to do with mullein is, mullein is very fluffy, and you don't want to breathe the fluff into your lungs, but what you do want to breathe is the 'tea steam'. So I'm going to stand back, I've got my mullein, and I'll put it in. The reason being that anytime you get dust in your lungs, you're going to cough! But what this is, it's a remedy to get rid of your cough. So you don't want the dust, you want the tea. So I'm getting it all stirred in . . . so now you can see, it's like a tea, and all the tea leaves have mixed together. It's green, just like a cup of green tea. And I'll let it cook for just a minute. What this is doing is letting all the mullein leaves release their properties into the water, making it so healthy. I get myself a towel, and I wrap it over my head like this, and I put it over the pot, and I drape it all the way over like this. Now make sure you don't burn your towel, so turn the fire off before you drape the towel over. So you put the towel over your head, and you put your face down into the steam, and your face is just being covered, and now breathe deep. Now you're getting all this steam down in your lungs. When you get mullein steam down in your lungs, it ...
- Eatin Wild "Mullein" Another addition to the Eatin Wild series.
- Sumac Search ( Part Four ) Asparagus and Mullein How to find asparagus and mullein in the off season.
- Mullein herb: Verbascum thapsus The mullein herb, or verbascum thapsus, can be used to make mullen oil. It is a cough home remedy, ear ache remedy, ear infection remedy. Learn how to make an earache remedy made of mullein flower oil by watching this video on the mullein herb.
- Digger Bees (Anthophoridae) on Mullein Photographed at Deer Park, Washington (02 August 2009).
- Mullein - Verbascum thapsus Common Mullein is one of the cornerstones of traditional Southern herbal medicine. It is used for conditions ranging from insomnia to bronchitis.
- Nancy Today: Gathering Mullein flowers What a wonderful stand of mullein, just waiting for me to harvest the yellow flowers for earaches!
- Herbal Therapy With Red Clover, Mullein, & Licorice Healing Properties of Red Clover, Mullein, & Licorice.
- Hella Delightful 100: Mulleins and Mulleins Respect to the plant kingdom and all that they do for us. Mulleins and Mulleins Large, placid mulleins, as summer advances, velvety in texture, of a light greenish-drab color, growing everywhere in the fields--at first earth's big rosettes in their broad-leav'd low cluster-plants, eight, ten, twenty leaves to a plant--plentiful on the fallow twenty-acre lot, at the end of the lane, and especially by the ridge-sides of the fences--then close to the ground, but soon springing up--leaves as broad as my hand, and the lower ones twice as long so fresh and dewy in the morning--stalks now four or five, even seven or eight feet high. The farmers, I find, think the mullein a mean, unworthy weed, but I have grown to a fondness for it. Every object has its lesson, enclosing the suggestion of everything else and lately I sometimes think all is concentrated for me in these hardy, yellow-flower'd weeds. As I come down the lane early in the morning. I pause before their soft wool-like fleece and stem and broad leaves, glittering with countless diamonds. Annually for three summers now, they and I have silently return'd together; at such long intervals I stand or sit among them, musing and woven with the rest, of so many hours and moods of partial rehabilitation of my sane or sick spirit, here as near at peace as it can be. -Walt Whitman Music: Smart Plant by Mujaji
- Hand Drill - Traditional Method (Mullein on Basswood) Traditional hand drill method with long spindle. Materials - Mullein (Verbascum thapsus), Basswood (Tilia cordata), a small piece of black locust bark for catching the ember, tinderbundle - dead leaves.
- Mullein Multi Use Plant Mullein has many uses. It can be used as a tea, tinder for firestarting, smoked and used in other ways as a medicinal if prepared properly. It also has good insulating qualities and can be used as a spindle in the bow drill or hand drill method of firestarting. It can be used as toilet paper and a candle wick.
- Wild Edible Plants - Mullein Medicine How to make mullein medicine! ;)
- Wild Edibles 3 (medicinal): Mullein How to identify mullein, which is a great medicinal plant with many uses, when foraging. 3rd video in my series on edible plants and how to identify them.
- mullein harvest with herbalist Susun Weed - part 1 Mullein Harvest
- Rose Hip and Mullein Tea Harvesting and making rose hip tea. These are multiflora roses, not floribunda.
- Linden Sumac Mullein St Joans Wort Motherwort Herbalist Susun Weed and herbal apprentices harvest herbs June 2009
- Growing Plants From Seeds : How to Grow Mullein From Seeds In order to grow mullein from seed, start them in the soil and cover them up with about one to two inches of soil before misting them. Find out how mulleins can be started in the summer with help from a sustainable gardener in this free video on growing mullein from seeds. Expert: Yolanda Vanveen Bio: Yolanda Vanveen is a third-generation flower grower and sustainable gardener who lives in Kalama, Washington. She is the owner of and has sold flower bulbs for more than 15 years. Filmmaker: Daron Stetner
- Rory vs. Verbascum thapsus (AKA mullein) Indescribable.
- Mullein infusion for lung health - Verbascum thapsus Mullein infusion for lung health - Susun Weed workshop in Woodstock NY. Verbascum thapsus - deep acting lung tonic for bronchitis, coughs, and and respiratory health. Read an article about Mullein at
- Fire by friction - finding and using mullein - 100% primitive hand drill - 2010-09-22 My first fire by friction using mullein : mullein stem as spindle, mullein leaves as tinder (and basswood as fireboard). 100% primitive and natural process. Video also shows some growth stages of the plant (first year rosetta, second year living plant with flower and seeds, standing dry plant). See for instance " for more precision (various languages available, but details are given only in english and french).
- Mullein herb: Verbascum thapsus Sit back and zone out to Mullein, Verbascum thapsus. Set to music, see mullein leaf and mullein flower come to life in a new way. A great way to take in the beauty of this incredible herb.
- Joopqase - Mullein Leaves Check out THE MENU here Mullein has been used as an alternative medicine for centuries, and in many countries throughout the world, the value of Great Mullein as a proven medicinal herb is now backed by scientific evidence. Some valuable constituents contained in Mullein are Coumarin and Hesperidin, they exhibit many healing abilities. Research indicates some of the uses as ***gesic, antihistaminic, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, antioxidant, antiviral, bacteristat, cardio-depressant, estrogenic, fungicide, hypnotic, sedative and pesticide are valid. An infusion is taken internally in the treatment of a wide range of chest complaints and also to treat diarrhea and bleeding of the lungs and bowels. The leaves, root, and the flowers are anodyne, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, demulcent, diuretic, emollient, expectorant, nervine, and vulnerary. Folklore An old superstition existed that witches used lamps and candles provided with wicks of Mullein in their incantations, and another of the plant's many names, 'Hag's Taper', refers to this. Both in Europe and Asia the power of driving away evil spirits was ascribed to the Mullein. Being a sure safeguard against evil spirits and magic, and from the ancient classics, it was this plant which Ulysses took to protect himself against the wiles of Circe. The whole plant possess slightly sedative and narcotic properties. The seeds are considered toxic. They have been historically used as a ...
- St Johns Wort and Mullein I'm out gathering st. John's Wort and Mullein for more of my wild medicinals.
- Mullein Join us on this first in a series of herb walks with: Bill Barash, Horticulturist and Dr. Ellen Kamhi,"The Natural Nurse." We discover some Mullein and share some fascinating information about this herb!
- Snail Mullein Snail climbing on a mullein flower.
- mullein sophomores
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about mullein
“ PlanetSide Star Wars Galaxies Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade Untold Legends Founder Mullein Widdershins Novice Miner. Profile. Blog. Media. Factions”
— Vanguard Players - Blog for Mullein,
“Daily blogs from the experts at BBC Gardeners' World. Gardeners World blog. Mullein moth caterpillars. Posted in Gardeners' musings by Pippa Greenwood at 12:13 pm on Thursday 10 July 2008 0 Comments. The mullein moth caterpillars in my garden are still small, but they're guaranteed to increase in size by”
— Mullein moth caterpillars | Gardeners' musings | Gardening,
“Moth Mullein (Verbascum blattaria): possible lymphatic. Peppergrass (Lepidium virginicum): respiratory After I reminded everyone else about this blog party, I forgot about it myself until I saw Kiva's post. Silly, I know. What should our next blog party be? I promise to participate on time!”
— The Herbwife's Kitchen " Moth Mullein,
“My daughter has problems with frequent coughing and we have been told that Mullein works great for that. Mixing Mullein with Seizure medications Jun 29 2005, 11:05 AM. Ian Hi heartstrings, Welcome to the forum! : D”
— Mixing Mullein with Seizure medications - ,
“When I make a mullein tea, I don't strain through a sieve, no, it's a coffee filter. And Blog - Henriette's blog. Add new comment. mullein root works ~great~ On February 15th, 2006”
— Mullein itches. | Henriette's Herbal Homepage,
“Common names people have told me for this plant are Mullein, Jacob's Staff, native toilet paper, cowboy toilet paper, indian tobacco and lambs I have been following your blog silently for a long time and never”
— Mullein | Sugar Mountain Farm,
“Blog Party Announcement! My Energy balls :-) " Mullein disaster. February 2nd, 2010 | Author: Brigitte. Last full moon day I was straining my mullein oil which I had infused for 3 weeks. We had so much sun it was already nice and intense due the sun infusion”
— Mullein disaster,
“More Mullein Please! Mullein is an awkwardly beautiful, tall fuzzy plant with sweet Apart from its medicinal use, I love mullein for its ornamental purpose in the garden; it”
— More Mullein Please! : Morgan Botanicals,
“Mullein: Blog. Gallery. There are no status updates to display. There are no actions to display. Friends. Mullein hasn't added any friends yet. Comments. Mullein has no profile comments yet. Why not say hello? Skin and Language. Theme: Language:”
— Mullein - Viewing Profile - Forum.Tip.It, forum.tip.it