- Definition of muktuk in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of muktuk. Pronunciation of muktuk. Translations of muktuk. muktuk synonyms, muktuk antonyms. Information about muktuk in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “muktuk - definition of muktuk by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Alaskan Huskies leading wilderness camping, mushing, training tours, and trips. Muktuk Adventures & Guest Ranch. Home of Frank Turner and your dog-sledding dreams. Thrilling year-round adventures for all ages. — “Muktuk Kennels and Sled Dog Tours”,
- Muktuk is the outer covering of the whale. It includes the white skin, approximately 1-2 inches (2 1/2 - 5cm) thick, plus a thin pinkish layer immediately underneath. Most Inuit prefer to eat muktuk raw, as it has tender-crisp texture and tastes like fresh coconut. — “Muktuk”,
- Muktuk (various spellings; see below) is the English word for the traditional, pre-agrarian, Inuit/Eskimo meal of frozen whale skin and blubber. Muktuk is most often made from the skin and blubber of the Bowhead Whale, although the beluga and the narwhal are also used. — “muktuk: Definition from ”,
- Fiberglass float kits and float plans for Ultralight Aircraft Click Here to see a video of MukTuk Floats in flight. Our proven design has been in use for over 10 years, on aircraft such as the Mini Max, Challenger, Kolb, Kit. Fox and many, many others. — “Kits and plans for ultralight floats”,
- Yahoo! reviewed these sites and found them related to Tour Operators > Dogsledding Muktuk Kennels and Sled Dog Tours. Alaskan Huskies leading wilderness camping, mushing, training tours, and trips. . — “Dogsledding < Tour Operators in the Yahoo! Directory”,
- Muktuk Kennels, Whitehorse: See 14 reviews, articles, and 18 photos of Muktuk Kennels, ranked No.1 on TripAdvisor among 11 attractions in Whitehorse. — “Muktuk Kennels - Whitehorse - Reviews of Muktuk Kennels”,
- subcutaneous whale fat that is eaten by eskimos with great vigour and enthusiasm. muktuk. buy muktuk mugs, tshirts and magnets. This word can be known to make fun of an indian/native. "hey, you muktuk come over here.." by Kirstie. — “Urban Dictionary: muktuk”,
- Muktuk definition, the blubber and skin of a whale when eaten as a food, raw or cooked. See more. — “Muktuk | Define Muktuk at ”,
- Muktuk is the thick leathery skin of the whale (several layers of it, similar to our however many layers of skin) and part of the layer of blubber It's served in several forms, of which I know two: stink muktuk and fresh. — “Searching For Dragons”,
- The Muktuk's low profile offers plenty of thigh support, making it ideal for small to medium-sized paddlers. A tapered contour adds speed to a craft that is stable, comfortable and easy to paddle. For closer adjustment, thigh braces may be added as an option. Click here for more info on the Muktuk. — “Old Creel Canoe & Kayak - Our Products - Boreal Design Muktuk”,
- "Muktuk" Marston. Marvin R. Marston was born in a log house on a homestead in Tyler, Washington on January 5, 1889. Marston moved to Seattle, Washington by covered wagon with his family at the age of five. He punched bulls in the woods of Oregon and drove horses in Washington. — “"Muktuk" Marston”,
- Muktuk. Muktuk (various spellings; see below) is the English word for the traditional, pre-agrarian, Inuit/Eskimo meal of frozen whale skin and blubber. Note that in some dialects, such as Inuinnaqtun, the word refers only to the edible parts of the whale's skin and not to the blubber. — “Muktuk”,
- All adventures at Muktuk begin and end with our dogs, over 100 amazing, friendly huskies, many descended from our Yukon Quest champion team. At Muktuk you can follow some less-travelled paths and have the. — “Muktuk”, pioneer-rv-
- Muktuk (various spellings; see below) is the English word for the traditional, pre-agrarian, Inuit/Eskimo meal of frozen whale skin and blubber. Muktuk is most often made from the skin and blubber of the Bowhead Whale, although the beluga and the narwhal are also used. — “Muktuk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- A six-day adventure with sled-dogs, for the beginner or city-clicker. We will provide an introduction to the dogs and to mushing, and then participants learn how Muktuk Kennels offers year-round adventures with sled-dogs. — “Rookie Ranch (with sled-dogs) in TY - Whitehorse, Canada”,
- Muktuk Kennels & Sled Dog Tours - Yukon dog sled ride and dog sledding tour in Yukon, Canada. — “Muktuk Kennels & Sled Dog Tours - Yukon Dog Sledding Tour”, dog-
- Irving and Muktuk: Two Bad Bears (Irving & Muktuk Story) by Daniel Pinkwater and Jill Pinkwater (Paperback - Aug. 25, 2003) Bad Bears go Visiting (Irving & Muktuk Story) by Daniel Pinkwater and Jill Pinkwater (Hardcover - Apr. 9, 2007). — “: Muktuk”,
- Shop our large selection of muktuk gifts, t-shirts, posters and stickers starting at $5 . Unique muktuk designs. Fast shipping. — “Muktuk Gifts, T-shirts, Stickers and more - CafePress”,
- Definition of muktuk from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of muktuk. Pronunciation of muktuk. Definition of the word muktuk. Origin of the word muktuk. — “muktuk - Definition of muktuk at ”,
- From Western Canadian Inuktitut (maqtaq) and Inupiak maktak ("whaleskin with attached blubber" muktuk (uncountable) The skin and blubber of a whale, used as a traditional food by the. — “muktuk - Wiktionary”,
- The Muktuk's low profile offers plenty of thigh support, making it ideal for small to medium-sized paddlers. Muktuk is an Inuit word for whale hide and fat. Eaten raw, muktuk is traditional Inuit food. Despite its rubbery consistency, the Inuit love its hazelnut taste. Length:. — “BoréalDesign -- Kayaks”,
- Myspace profile for Muktuk with pictures, videos, personal blog, interests, information about me and more. — “MySpace - Muktuk - 47 - Male - the wild west for now, CA”,
related images for muktuk
- Harvesting whales has always been crucial to the survival of the Inupiat Eskimos In the old days the whales fed the village for almost the entire year Today the meat and
- img0014 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 55k img0015 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 96k img0016 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 79k img0017 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 103k
- BIB EXCHANGE
- the photo above was taken at 2 30 a m work continues 24 hours a day No breaks no pay just work eat
- img0032 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 103k img0017 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 103k img0034 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 105k img0011 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 107k
- showing the moon creating a line in the sky while painting a reflection on the water as the boat turns I ll be photographing during the next 11 full moons to complete the series On Narragansett Bay during a full moon Jamestown RI
- dividing the muktuk xlarge jpg
- img0010 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 66k img0048 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 67k img0001 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 70k img0037 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 70k
- muktuk2 jpg
- muktuk07 jpg
- img0021 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 92k img0022 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 71k img0023 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 88k img0024 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 85k
- img0003 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 85k img0000 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 86k img0013 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 87k img0043 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 88k
- img0026 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 96k img0027 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 76k img0028 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 78k img0029 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 79k
- muktuk09 jpg
- Atlin Click to enlarge
- Web site | Email Return to Whitehorse Rural Listings
- img0021 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 92k img0025 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 92k img0026 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 96k img0015 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 96k
- muktuk05 jpg
- 人民有权吃他们的食物在他们的方式与NO更多的外部影响 这些人没有浪费 他们从未枯竭任何自然资源 动物是非常丰富 但3是不够养活800人 一旦嘴唇已经被删除的时候 数百名缝的须清晰可见 这是一个非常珍贵的物质许多不同的目的和用途 西尔斯 在1800年代末期和1900年代销售earlly
- I have started on muktuk a skinning system built into my game Also I slapped a nifty little shadow onto the weapon info tip looks even better now also it is skinned with muktuk Muktuk 1 Shows the weapon shop weapon info tip notification system and the disease notifier skinned with Muktuk Muktuk 2
- img0048 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 67k img0001 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 70k img0037 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 70k img0040 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 70k
- muktuk02 jpg
- muktuk jpg
- img0037 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 70k img0038 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 81k img0039 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 59k img0040 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 70k
- 16 GOOD MUKTUK jpg
- muktuk04 jpg
- img0015 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 96k img0046 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 96k img0044 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 97k img0033 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 103k
- Shows off the Weapon Selection Skill Display System WSSDS skinned with Muktuk Muktuk 3 Thumbnail isn t working Shows of the speech bubble now skinned with muktuk and an added shadow for extra cools Posted in
- muktuk jpg
- img0008 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 84k img0002 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 85k img0006 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 85k img0024 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 85k
- muktuk jpg
- muktuk03 jpg
- img0040 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 70k img0007 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 71k img0022 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 71k img0012 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 74k
- FOOD that is all these people want To have the right to eat THEIR FOOD No one gets paid for all tlhis hard work just the right to eat the ONE FOOD that makes these people HAPPY Every last bit of blubber is cleaned off the whale The skull goes back into the ocean for a new whale to grow and surprisingly enough they rejoiced much more over the bone going into the
- img0045 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 91k img0046 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 96k img0047 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 66k img0048 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 67k
- img0038 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 81k img0008 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 84k img0002 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 85k img0006 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 85k
- muktuk08 jpg
- Shows the weapon shop weapon info tip notification system and the disease notifier skinned with Muktuk Muktuk 2 Shows off the Weapon Selection Skill Display System WSSDS skinned with Muktuk Muktuk 3
- img0025 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 92k img0026 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 96k img0027 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 52 76k img0028 jpg 08 Feb 2006 23 53 78k
- muktuk01 jpg
related videos for muktuk
- Muktuk Dog Mushing Day 016
- Stompin' Tom Connors - Zakuska Polka
- Muktuk Dog Mushing Day 024
- Ultralight Floats build Timelaps This is a time-laps video we made of the fabrication of the first set the new 1430 MukTuk floats. These floats are laser cut and all pieces fit together by means of simple aligning tabs. Material is 4mm Okume marine plywood. These floats are amphibious with main gear and nose gear activated by air. Check out my other videos of the first flights of these floats. These floats can be assembled and glued together in 2 weekends. For more info go to
- The Muktuk is fighting with us muktukcrew's webcam video June 12, 2010, 02:04 AM lol
- Stompin' Tom Connors - Ballad of Muk Tuk Annie.wmv
- Yukon 2009 Our trip to Whitehorse and Dog Sledding/Mushing with Muktuk Adventures :-)
- Hey Mom, I'm eating muktuk Crew of the Open Passage Expedition get their first taste of muktuk
- Muktuk Adventures dogsledding on takshini river 03/23/2011 0 Recorded on my iPhone on 11-03-23 at 12:10 PDT - Captured Live on Ustream at www.ustream.tv with the Ustream Mobile App
- ILLY MY LOVE ILLY AT MUKTUK!
- Auntie cutting muktuk for the feast After the funeral there is a feast for family gathering. Traditional foods. Mmm yummy food that is!!
- Muktuk Mafia This is the video that i had made at the Alaska Native Heritage Center during the High School Program after school. This was just a random thought and it turned into a video. Enjoy
- Muktuk 2009
- muktuk 425 bench 425
- muktuk 405 bench 405
- Dog Sledding at Muktuk, Yukon Territory Dog sledding on the trails above Muktuk Kennels, Whitehorse, Yukon. March 2009. Starting on the front row there is Zinc & Belle, then Bellinie & Mozart then little Yukie and Norman.
- Hailee's Muktuk Ellen putting muktuk in Hailee's mouth.
- Nalukataq spring whale festival Nalukataq is the spring whaling festival of the Inupiaq Eskimos of Northern Alaska.After the spring whale hunting season, successful crews celebrate with a Nalukataq festival. These take place in June, and are scheduled to avoid conflicts between villages to allow friends and relatives from distant communities to share the bounty and the fun. In Barrow, for example, Nalukataq is usually in the third week of June. Other villages may be in the week before or the week after. Scheduling depends on how many whales were caught as well as other factors. Nalukataq serves two purposes: First, it is a celebration of thanksgiving for success. Second, it is the first of several times during the year when quaq (frozen whale meat) and muktuk (whale blubber and skin) are distributed to the community. The ability to produce and distribute wealth amongst the community is highly valued in Eskimo cultures, and whaling captains, who always give away large portions of their whales, gain great stature and respect within the village for every whale they catch. There are several stages to the celebration. It begins with a prayer, and a raising of the crews' flags at around noon. Then bread, coffee, and initially various soups of goose and caribou are distributed. Following that, all of the food is one part or another of the whale. The flippers and certain of the guts of the whale are offered to visitors. After a break, filled by singing and story telling, the whaling crews begin to distribute ...
- Muktuk - A Whale for dinner A visitor from Alaska, an Inupiat Native shared with us some Bowhead whale to eat. Muktuk is a section of its thick skin. It was an interesting experience for us to taste a whale and for our friend it is his way of life.
- Swim with whales in the arctic - camp on the ice adventure 2 week arctic travel adventure to Lancaster Sound floe edge to see the narwhal and beluga whales. Journey over the sea ice by snowmobile, luxury base camp on the ice with full washroom and hot water showers, gourmet food and activities such as scuba diving, hiking and kayaking.
- Hobo1 muktuk 4
- Stompin' Tom Connors, The Isle Of Newfoundland.wmv STOMPIN TOM CONNORS: Isle of Newfoundland (Burt Cuff) STOMPIN TOM CONNORS: The Isle of Newfoundland (B Cuff) At The Gumboot Clogeroo: Boot Records - BOS 7180 Tom Connors - David Zdriluk Balinifad, ON Produced by Dr. Tom Connors - 1977
- Bizarre Foods - Alaska 1/6 Andrew Zimmern goes to Alaska
- Muktuk Kennels 2 Here they come!!! The lucky ones get to run to the river! :)
- Muktuk Kennels 1 The dogs are just a wee bit excited. :D
- Howling Huskies at Muktuk Muktuk near Whitehorse in the Yukon. Huskies decided to have an impromptu howl.
- muktuk 20.46(67'1) 2009 junior nationals
- muktuk 435 bench freshman mark-19 years old.
- Dog Sledding A brief clip from my dog sledding trip with Muktuk Adventures in Whitehorse, Yukon 2010
- Flair Flop A face plant straight into the snow... more fun than painful...
- Muktuk presentation of Muktuk crew 2009
- Muktuk Kennels 3 - dogs on the run Yay! Walkies!
- Midnight Yukon Dog Symphony A concert of sled dogs at Muktuk Adventures in the Yukon Territory. This video was shot at 12:45 am in the land of the midnight sun.
- Teller Cultural Festival 2010 I attended the Teller Cultural Festival in Teller, Alaska from September 24-25. I saw a lot of native culture, ate some muktuk (whale blubber), and interviewed a lot of interesting, friendly people.
- Muktuk Dog Mushing Day 020
- Stompin ' Tom Connors - Zakuska Polka The great canadian performer sings "Zakuska Polka" . A song very cherished by the ukrainian community from Canada.
- Morning at Muktuk Stanley, Blondy et al at feeding time
- Sequence 1-Muktuk-MPEG-4 100Kbps
- Dog Sledding in the Yukon Dog sledding in the Yukon at Muktuk Kennels
- Muktuk Kennels 4 Down by the Takhini River, Yukon.
twitter about muktuk
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about muktuk
“Travel blogs about Whitehorse, Canada - Read 226 travel stories, see 2,309 travel photos, watch 13 videos, and read 2 forum discussions about Whitehorse, Canada by TravelPod members”
— Whitehorse, Canada travel blogs - travel stories and photos,
“If they're daring they might take a bite of muktuk or igunak or, as French tourists did recently (with not so great results), blue-rare polar bear. But what they often struggle to get is local Northern beer. Blog. 121 comments. Read more. The interminable has ended”
— Blog | UpHere.ca, uphere.ca
“Trivia (10 Biomes points): What's this? Why do leaves change color? Someday I'll get to see”
— Biomes Blog: Entry #2494: Don't Go There,
“BodyBlogs. Muktuk "I want to Transform My Body." View Muktuk's: Profile. BodyBlog. Photos not been started yet! This user (Muktuk) does not have a currently”
— - - Blog Entry,
“By andrew.zimmern on Mon, 04/28/2008 - 19:14 | andrew.zimmern's blog While I was grateful for the chance to try muktuk while there, I have to be honest: It scored high on the”
— Andrew Zimmern's Blog | Andrew Zimmern,
“The Official Blog of TravelWild Expeditions. Learn about the many Arctic and Antarctica cruises they offer and get information and reviews related to trips, tours and vacations to a variety of destinations throughout the Arctic and Antarctica”
— Arctic and Antarctica Cruises Travel Blog,
“Looking for a strange and exotic meal? Look no further! Check out these dishes that will sooth your adventurous stomach! About the HotelClub Travel Blog. HotelClub Travel Blog is where the weird, the wacky and the wonderful world of travel comes”
— Weird Meals From Around the World,
“On offer was muktuk boiled in sea water, dried whale meat, roasted snow goose, Eskimo vitamin C in a one-inch square of muktuk with skin attached is equivalent to that found”
— International Polar Year Inuit Health Survey for Adults, inuithealthsurvey.ca