- This is the hero to beat all heroes. Invented by Salvatore Lupo, a Sicilian immigrant, in the 1930s at the Central Grocery in New Orleans, the muffuletta once served—and still does—as a hearty lunch for local workers. — “Muffuletta - ”,
- muffuletta; muffaletta; mufeletta [muhf-fuh-LEHT-tuh] A specialty of New Orleans, this sandwich originated in 1906 at the Central For almost 100 years, they have served up the Muffuletta sandwich, which is right up next to the Roast Beef Po-Boy as a signature sandwiches of New. — “Muffuletta -- definition, background and history”,
- Articles for Muffuletta. The Kosmix Community. There are many wonderful dishes you can hope to enjoy if you ever take a trip to New Orleans, but few are tastier or have more character than the muffuletta. The history of the muffuletta is one of fusion and cultural blending. — “Muffuletta”,
- expatriate New Orleanian, mariner, librophile, geek, crab muffuletta is using Twitter. Twitter is a free service that lets you keep in touch with people through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What's happening? Join. — “Dan Hubbell (muffuletta) on Twitter”,
- Definition of muffuletta from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Regional Note: The New Orleans muffuletta is one of the few large American sandwiches not made with a long crusty roll. — “muffuletta - Definition of muffuletta at ”,
- 2. Muffuletta (03:15) Clip this. Pat and Gina add their own brand of Memphis magic to this Time. Level Easy. 12. Muffuletta Sandwich. Clip this. Rated 4 stars out of 5. 3 ratings. Recipe courtesy The Cookworks, 2003. — “muffuletta : Food Network”,
- From May 22 to May 31, I traveled across country, from Washington, D.C., to San Francisco, California. Here's a snippet from that week. Left: Frank's, the muffuletta imposter. Right: Central Grocery's original muffuletta, the superior of the two. — “In New Orleans, It's the Monday Muffuletta Conundrum”,
- The muffuletta is the quintessential New Orleans sandwich of cured meats, cheese and tangy olive salad piled onto a sturdy Italian loaf. Emeril Lagasse's delicious muffuletta is packed with briny olives and pickled vegetables. Plus: More Pork. — “Emeril's Muffuletta Recipe - Emeril Lagasse | Food & Wine”,
- A homemade olive salad is spread on fresh bread which is then layered with salami, ham, mortadella, mozzarella and Provolone. Great sandwich, anyone?! Note: Use round bread loaves for real muffuletta. — “Real N'awlins Muffuletta Recipe - ”,
- The Bread: Muffuletta is actually a Sicilian word for a special round loaf of bread, baked so that the center is hollow and can be stuffed. Muffuletta Bread. You can't create a Muffuletta sandwich on sliced bread -- the Olive Salad is too juicy and will make a soggy. — “muffuletta”,
- A Muffuletta is a sandwich made on a large loaf of bread, with layers of salami, mortadella, capicola, swiss cheese, and provolone cheese, topped with a marinated olive salad. It may or may not be heated. Muffuletta also refers to the bread on. — “Muffuletta”,
- The recipe for that glorious New Orleans specialty, the muffuletta sandwich, as seen in the September 2008 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. — “The Muffuletta Sandwich - ”,
- The sandwich is sometimes heated through to soften the provolone. The size of the muffuletta is enough to feed more than one person, and many stores sell quarter or half-muffulettas. The olive salad consists primarily of olives, along with celery, cauliflower and carrot. — “Muffuletta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- You ask folks about the quintessential sandwiches of New Orleans, and many people will immediately reply "po-boy", but the muffuletta is as New Orleans as any po-boy you'll ever eat, and there's nothing Creole about it. This is pure Italian, and pure Sicilian if you want to be specific. — “Muffuletta Sandwich with Olive Salad”,
- Brief and Straightforward Guide: What is a Muffuletta Sandwich? The Muffuletta sandwich is one of the quintessential foods of New Orleans, although people from outside the region may not be familiar with it. — “What is a Muffuletta Sandwich?”,
- Autumn at Muffuletta. Something about the days growing shorter makes us cook longer. We're stewing, steeping and slow-roasting. We're reveling in root vegetables, craving cassoulet and upping our orders of Fischer Farms natural pork and 1000 Hills Cattle Company beef. Join us this fall. — “Muffuletta”,
- MUFFULETTA. Make a salad of the following ingredients. This mixture should chill overnight. tomatoes ) MUFFULETTA. Slice bread horizontally and scoop out part of the middle. Brush. — “ - Recipes - Muffuletta”,
- muffuletta n. New Orleans A sandwich made with a large round roll of Italian bread split in half and filled with layers of hard salami, ham,. — “muffuletta: Definition from ”,
- Welcome to the official Facebook Page of Muffuletta in the Park. Get exclusive content and interact with Muffuletta in the Park right from Facebook. Join Facebook to create your own Page or to start connecting with friends. — “Muffuletta in the Park | Facebook”,
- A great recipe for Muffuletta by Tom Fitzmorris from Tom Fitzmorris's New Orleans Food: More Than 225 of the City's Best Recipes. — “Cookstr - Muffuletta”,
- Muffuletta Sandwich, Muffuletta Sandwich History, Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe, History of Muffuletta Sandwich. — “Muffuletta, Muffaletta, Mufeletta, Sandwich, Muffuletta”,
related videos for muffuletta
- 433 MAKING A MUFFULETTA SALAD WITH 'NO SALT' SEASONING MIX.wmv BHAL DESCRIBES SOME ADDITIONAL DISHES FOR YOU TO ENJOY IN THIS 3 PART SERIES OF "NO SALT" SPICE MIXTURE'S USE IN COOKING SOME OF HIS FAVORITE DISHES FROM HIS KITCHEN ENJOY.
- Muffuletta Sandwich & Alligator and Crawfish Sausage Jay's Marketplace making a Muffuletta Sandwich. Cooking Alligator and Crawfish Sausage. For more informtion visit
- Sun Dried Tomato & Mushroom Muffuletta Sandwiches - ChefMD® Healthy Recipe You can view and print the full ChefMD® recipe for Sun Dried Tomato & Mushroom Muffuletta Sandwiches at: You can also receive Dr. La Puma's free, healthy, easy, quick ChefMD™ Recipes via email by subscribing at:
- 416 THE TWO MUFFULETTA MISSIONS by BHAL.wmv ONEMAN SHOW MAKES TWO DELCACIES ENJOYED BY VISITORS OF NEW ORLEANS,LA. Try them you may like it too.
- Muffuletta & shrimp remoulade slide show from Brew bachers grill
- Muffuletta Yields: 8 to 10 servings Ingredients: ¾ cup pimiento stuffed olives ¾ cup Giardiniera mix ¼ cup olive oil 1 loaf ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar 1 tsp. oregano ½ lb. thinly sliced deli meat 4 oz. provolone cheese, sliced Preparation Directions: ~ Preheat oven to 400 degrees. ~ Pulse olives, vegetables, and oil in a food processor until finely chopped. ~ Brush cut sides of the bread with vinegar and sprinkle with oregano. Layer meats and cheese on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the olive salad mix and the top of bread. ~ Wrap loaf in foil and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- What is a Muffuletta Chef Matthew Lewis of Where Ya At Matt explains the Muffuletta. A passion for food and flavor is part of Matthew's DNA. Growing up in New Orleans, he was always happy to help his mom and grandmother in the kitchen. Matthew is excited to share his passion, knowledge and flair for food at its finest.
- Baby Muffuletta I just discovered more videos of our Boston terrier when she was a tiny puppy. I think this was taken right after we got her, when she was about 8 weeks old. Video quality is lacking, but puppy is still cute!
- Muffaletta aka Muffuletta aka Moo-Foo Le Tah While I was in Baton Rouge a good friend of mine Jeff Folse not to be confused with Chef Folse his cousin showed me an excellent product from the Boscoli Familia of New Orleans. It's called "Olive Salad "... I made Muffalettas out of it along with bread , provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese , assortment of meats all toasted on a panini press. Man yall, talk about good. I am hooked on these things!!! Better than Shlotzskis or anything else I have had. HEB carries the Olive salad over by the olives.... Here the wiki of it: The muffuletta (with numerous alternate spellings) is a type of Sicilian bread, as well as a sandwich in New Orleans, Louisiana, which is made with that bread. Like many of the foreign-influenced names found in New Orleans, the pronunciation of "muffuletta" has evolved from its phonetic forebear. Locals pronounce the word "muff-uh-LOT-uh." The proprietors of Central Grocery pronounce it "moo-foo-LET-ta." The bread is a large, round, and somewhat flat loaf, around 10 inches (25 cm) across. It has a sturdy texture, and is described as being somewhat similar to focaccia. The muffuletta sandwich originated in 1906 at Central Grocery, which was operated by Salvatore Lupo, a Sicilian immigrant. The sandwich is popular with city natives and visitors, and has been described as "one of the great sandwiches of the world." Central Grocery still serves the sandwich using the original recipe. Other variations are served throughout the city. The locals have ...
- Muffuletta & belgium fries
- Doug Lang : Deeper Than The Skin Having some fun at home, singing a song I wrote after my last visit to New Orleans called Deeper Than The Skin. Lots of coded references and New Orleans expressions in the lyrics, so I've reprinted them (approximately) below. I've got to get a guitar strap... DEEPER THAN THE SKIN (A Song For New Orleans) "Dont blame it on the hurricane The culprit was the flood Goes deeper than the skin," he said The storys in the blood Mister Jelly Roll and Satchmo soul And the Fat Man in the rain Girls long black hair in ringlets there Longside old Pontchartrain "Its a brass band blare in Jackson Square On the brightest day in June And a lagniappe grin as two old men Share the pages of the Picayune Its the biting crunch of a po boy lunch A gal selling homemade pies Its front-stoop jazz and a look she has In her brown-as-coffee eyes "Its a tappers dance in hiked-up pants Skinned chicken on a Toulouse roof And its down Decatur for a muffuletta Tell the man you want a muff Its Doctor John through dark til dawn A boat whistle from Algiers Its a Creole girl kissing Uncle Earl And go-cups full of beers "Its tilapia drowned in butter browned By the ghost of Pere Antoine Its gumbo stew and a darker roux And bontemps tout les temps Its Charles Buddy Bolden and a story told in A Brooklynese-on-Quaaludes drawl Its a bent cornet and it echoes yet Out of Preservation Hall "Its a cemetery sound and neutral ground In a city livin neath the sea Its a fais-do-do and a love fuh true Beads rainin' from a ...
- Muffuletta a short film on the history ingredients and preparation of a classic New Orleans sandwich called a Muffuletta
- Easy Entertaining #38: New Orleans Muffuletta Bring a little of New Orleans to wherever in the world you live! This sandwich is a NOLA classic....perfect for parties & picnics, too.
- Boston Terrier Ridiculousness This is my Boston terrier, Muffuletta, playing with her favorite rawhide. She likes to stick her tongue through it and roll around on her back. Pardon my giggling in the background--but how can you not laugh at that face?!
- Muffuletta Time Enjoying Central Grocery New Orleans Muffulettas along the Mississippi.
- 505 BHAL MAKES RICEaRONI + PANFRIED TUNA-MUFULETTA DINNERS.wmv ONEMAN SHOW PRESENTS BHAL'S COLORFUL DINNER FOR TWO FROM A BOX OF 'RICE-A-RONI' AND PANGRILLED FILLET OF TUNA MARINATED WITH HIS VINAIGRATTE FROM MUFFULETTA SALAD RECIPE DRESSING VINEGARIATE.
- From One Earl To Another A search for vinyl uncovers a real gem, an album by Earl Turbinton, featuring his brother, Wille Tee, aptly titled "Brothers For Life". Also, a report on a sandwhich originating at the Central Grocery in the French Quarter, the muffuletta. Tasty stuff awaits. Intro music by Mink Deville, Cabretta (1977) "Gunslinger" Buy it!, I did!
- Muffuletta on the Sizzle Q A commercial for Little Griddle Inc.
- Bob Barr speaks in St Paul, Minnesota, Sept 1 at Muffuletta - part 1 Bob Barr speaks at a dinner with the Minneapolis Bob Barr Meetup, after an introduction by me. The dinner was at Muffuletta in the St Anthony Park neighborhood of St Paul, Minnesota, a few blocks away from an earlier event, a picnic at Langford Park where he and Ron Paul had spoken. Congressman Barr begins by thanking Jeff Hagen, vice-chair of the organization which hosted the Langford Park picnic, Minnesotans for Limited Government (MNLG).
- Best Burger in "NEW ORLEANS" Port of Call ??? New Orleans, The "Big Easy" many say the BEst Burger in Town is at "PORT of CALL" on Esplanade in the FRENCH QUARTER. JAZZ, Poboys, GUMBO, Muffuletta ... Go to NEW ORLEANS, One of the WORLDS GREAT CITY'S
- Birthday Celebrations At Cypress Cellar Hendersonville NC, Po Boys, Crabcakes and Muffuletta Recorded on August 22, 2009 using a Flip Video camcorder.
- Muffuletta sandwich Funny guy at Publix
- New Orleans, The Big Easy (Jazz, Poboys,Gumbo) New Orleans, the Big Easy. You gotta go there. Its one of the Worlds great cities. I know. I've (Daniel Bellino Zwicke) traveled the World to Asia;China, Thailan, Bangkok,Vietnam,Cambodia,Saigon,Hong Kong,Macua,Europe;Rome,Paris,Venice,Naples,Florence,Positano,Capri,Manaco,France,Brad pitt, Angelina Jolie,John Goodman,Jazz,Gumbo,Nicholas Cage,Poboys,Muffuletta,Galatoire's, Arnaud's,Antoine's,Bourbon Street,
- Chef Bobby Flay Demo - Chicken Muffuletta with Spicy Olive Relish Mayonnaise Do you ever take a classic sandwich idea and make it your own? Put your own twist on it? Watch this video and see how Bobby Flay rearranges this classic New Orleans sandwich. See the recipe at: bit.ly
- New Orleans, Jazz, Gumbo, ***tails, Muffuletta
- 513 BHAL & KANCHAN USE PUFFED PASTRY SHEET IN 2 WAYS .wmv BHAL & KANCHAN USE PUFFED PASTRY SHEETS IN TWO DIFFERENT WAYS; BHAL USES A MUFFULETTA SALAD TO MARINATE COOKED SHRIMPS AND FILLS THE PASTRY SHEETS TOMKAE HIS DISH kANCHAN USES CURRIED MIX VEGES FOR HER FANCY APPETIZERS.
- Muffuletta - Philly Style (Season 2 RWoP Appetizer) Created on May 8, 2011 using FlipShare.
- Bob Barr speaks in St Paul, Minnesota, Sept 1 at Muffuletta - part 2 Bob Barr speaks at a dinner with the Minneapolis Bob Barr Meetup after an introduction by me. The dinner was at Muffuletta in the St Anthony Park neighborhood of St Paul, Minnesota, a few blocks away from an earlier event at Langford Park where he and Ron Paul spoke.
- Olive Salad with Cream Cheese and Pasta The cream cheese and olive salad recipe is great for bruscetta, bagels or wraps. The pasta and olive salad is great for any gathering. Visit for more info on how to order and additional recipes.
- Muffy Part 2 Muffuletta plays...and then goes to sleep.
- Bob Barr speaks in St Paul, Minnesota, Sept 1 at Muffuletta - part 3 Bob Barr speaks at a dinner with the Minneapolis Bob Barr Meetup. The dinner was at Muffuletta in the St Anthony Park neighborhood of St Paul, Minnesota, a few blocks away from an earlier event at Langford Park where he and Ron Paul spoke.
- Muffuletta Sandwich & Eggs Ponchartrain Jay's Marketplace Muffuletta Sandwich. How to make Eggs Ponchartrain. For more information visit
- Muffuletta sandwich - my own version I spent some time in New Orleans and fell in love with this italian-style sandwich. This is the way I'm doing it up here in Canada, but it's very close to the one I had down there. I left the bread in the pan for a bit too long but still, I like it that way anyhow. If you liked it, let me know! Cajun cuisine rocks!
- Cajun Muffuletta JB style
- The Makings of a True Muffuletta The Makings of a True Muffuletta and Using the Right Bread
- The French Quarter Around Your Town takes you for a strut through the French Quarter in New Orleans, with a little "LAGNIAPPE" at 3:48 of the vid! Along the way you will see some of the landmarks that have made New Orleans famous, and a great band on Royal Street performing the 1931 classic song "Egyptian Ella" ! Title: The French Quarter Film Shot on 1/4/09 & 1/5/09 Location: The French Quarter New Orleans, Louisiana Movie produced & edited on 24" iMac using iMovie 06 HD Gee Three Slick Volume 8 Stabilizer, Anti-Mattes, and Titles Sound: iLife & Skywalker Sound Effects Soundtrack: French Quarter Strut - Tucker Conspiracy Egyptian Ella - Meschiya Lake Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans - Billie Holiday Video filmed with Sony DCR-HC52 DVR Handycam Lenses: Sony VCL-0630X 30mm 0.6x Wide Angle Lens Sony VCL-2030X 30mm 2x Telephoto Lens *Film is property of Smoky Cat Productions, and cannot be duplicated outside of You Tube without the expressed, written consent of Smoky Cat Productions. Music and video are licensed separately under the Creative Commons "BY" 3.0 license.
- Grasshoppers, Muffuletta & ? in New Orleans on Decatur St. Muffuletta, Beignets & Coffee at Cafe du Monde, Grasshoppers at "Tujague's" and much more on Decator Street in New orleans, Louisiana. Great times with Daniel Bellino Zwicke and friends as they drink Grasshoppers, eat, eat and eat Muffuletta, Poboys,oysters, gumbo, Jambalaya and more at such great restaurants like Tujague's, Galatoire's, Arnaud's, Antoine's, Commander's Palace, Mothers, Acme Oyster Bar, Felix Oyster Bar, Mandina's on C*** Street. Danie Bellino Zwicke the author of the wonderful book on Italian-American new Yorkers "La Tavola" knows all the great spots in New Orleans. Go with Daniel to little known places like a cool local bar "Buffa's" on Esplanade in the Faubourg Marigny section of the Big Easy, to the Spotted Cat, also in the Faubourg on Frenchman Street, for Biegnets and Coffee at "Cafe du Monde" one of the Worlds greate cafes. Daniel will take you to "Napoleon House" for a Sazerac ***tail or the house specialty, a "Pimm's Cup" Bourbon Street. New Orleans is so cool that "Brad Pitt" & "Angelina Jolie" bought a house there, as did "Nicholas Cage" "John Goodman" Ann Rice and"harry Connick Jr." are lontime residents, Louis Armstrong "Satchmo" how bout "paris Hilton" "Obama" "Lindsay Lohan" ??? "Britney Spears" is from Louisiana !!! free, a,Hot, Girls show there ***, tit. ass, on Mardi Gras, o, "Bourbon Street"
- Meet Muffuletta Heeeeeeeeeere's Muffy! She was being particularly vocal tonight.
- Ma Ma Remembers the Muffuletta Man 3-2008.wmv My mother remembers her days growing up in the French Quarter in New Orleans. It was the Italian section at that time. This is a real slice of New Orleans
- Muffuletta & shrimp remoulade salad Yummmmm
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about muffuletta
“Muffuletta on Shine. Attention Saints Fans: Donald Link's New Orleans Muffuletta Recipe. Gumbo & Pretzel Rolls: 9 Foods for a Super Bowl Showdown”
— Muffuletta on Shine,
“Each Friday, we post a recipe from the L.A. Times Test Kitchen that would be perfect for weekend cooking -- when you have a little more time on your hands. This week, it's muffuletta sandwiches. They're easy to make, but”
— The Project: Muffuletta sandwiches | Daily Dish | Los Angeles,
“ Station • The Melting Pot • Muffuletta Cafe • Red Stag Supper Club Search this Blog. Archives. November 2010. October 2010. September 2010. August 2010. July 2010. June 2010. May 2010. April 2010. March 2010. February 2010. January 2010. December 2009. November 2009. October 2009. September 2009. August 2009”
— Hunger Matters " Muffuletta Cafe, blog.2
“First, we have a timely topic, then a timeless one: a treasured cake. Check out the archive of Times-Picayune recipes at /recipes. Exchange Alley seeks to rebuild recipe collections”
— Muffuletta pasta is great for Fest parties; remember Sarah,
“A blog about clawfoot tubs, bathroom renovation and anything else that looks interesting. enjoy the Epicurean delight that is a Muffuletta sandwich (the key, of course, is the”
— The Daily Tubber: The sheer joy of the Muffuletta sandwich,
“Muffuletta is basically a type of sub or hero sandwich made with Italian deli meats, a particular type of bread, and provolone and mozzarella a sign from the universe that I could no longer wait to visit New Orleans to sample a Muffuletta, I'd just have to make one here”
— Muffuletta Olive Salad | None | Three Tastes,
“Send a Meal - Food, meals, food delivery, Prepared meal gifts delivery, gourmet food and lobster dinners that sure to amaze the whole family. Gourmet prepared dinners are delivered on time. Perfect for meals dads for birthday, get well, sympathy”
— The Muffuletta,
“Vpire Blog. Good Team Plays Hard. Muffuletta. In: Recipes. 27 May 2008 About this blog. This is a place I create just for fun and to write down some experience”
— Muffuletta - Vpire Blog,
“As seen on In my humble opinion, the Central Grocery's Muffuletta is the best. It's the standard that all other Muffulettas”
— Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe | Oldani Brothers - Italian Salami,