- Definition of medusae in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of medusae. Pronunciation of medusae. Translations of medusae. medusae synonyms, medusae antonyms. Information about medusae in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “medusae - definition of medusae by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- History: (Seeker 3000#2 (fb))- The Medusae are a nomadic tribe of aliens who ventured into the Calver Fermion Theta Cluster, unaware that the Hkkkt's inert vessel Jakarah lay there. Sensing food, the Hkkkt awoke from their slumber and massacred the Medusae, killing most of them. — “Medusae (Seeker 3000)”,
- Free online English dictionary. We define medusae as NMedusa \Me*du'sa\, n. [L., fr. Note: The larger medusae belong to the Discophora, and are sometimes called covered-eyed medusae; others, known as ***-eyed medusae, belong to the Hydroidea, and are usually developed by budding from. — “Definition of Medusae from ”,
- Definition of medusae in the Medical Dictionary. medusae explanation. Information about medusae in Free online English dictionary. What is medusae? Meaning of medusae medical term. What does medusae mean?. — “medusae - definition of medusae in the Medical dictionary”, medical-
- A PLANTS profile of Taeniatherum caput-medusae (medusahead) from the USDA PLANTS database. — “PLANTS Profile for Taeniatherum caput-medusae (medusahead”, plants.usda.gov
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of MEDUSA. 1. capitalized [Latin, from Greek Medousa] : a mortal Gorgon who is slain when decapitated by Perseus. 2. plural me·du·sae \-ˌsē,. — “Medusae - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Medusae vary from bell-shaped to the shape of a thin disk, scarcely convex above and only slightly concave below. In the class Hydrozoa, medusae are the ***ual individuals of many species, alternating in the life cycle with a***ual polyps. — “Medusa (biology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- In biology, a medusa is a form of cnidarian in which the body is shortened on its principal axis and broadened, sometimes greatly, in contrast with polyps. — “Medusae”,
- In biology, a medusa (plural: medusae) is a form of cnidarian in which the body is shortened on its principal axis and broadened, sometimes greatly, in contrast with polyps. Medusae vary from bell-shaped to the shape of a thin disk, scarcely convex above and only slightly concave below. — “Wikipedia:Medusae - Global Warming Art”,
- Medusae LLC is a consulting firm that assists with setting up Legal Support Services and creates unique guides and materials related to the legal industry. We modify and distribute more usable versions of the Judicial Council forms than the poorly crafted versions available on the web. — “Medusae Consulting”,
- medusae. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search This page was last modified on 6 September 2010, at 18:58. Text is available under the. — “medusae - Wiktionary”,
- The currently accepted scientific name of medusahead is Taeniatherum caput-medusae (L.) Nevski. are 3 subspecies found in Europe: Taeniatherum caput-medusae ssp. — “Species: Taeniatherum caput-medusae”, fs.fed.us
- There are numerous medusae found in the midwater regions of the Click on the images for larger photographs and brief descriptions of the medusae. — “MBARI - Plankton picture page”,
- Astrophytum caput-medusae. Description: Solitary or rarely clustered up to 19 of eight. The species name "caput-medusae" derives from the Latin word "caput". — “Astrophytum caput-medusae”, cactus-art.biz
- Caput medusae. You don't need to be Editor-In-Chief to add or edit content to WikiDoc. You can begin to add to or edit text on this WikiDoc page by clicking on the edit button at the top of this page. Next enter or edit the information that you would like to appear here. — “Caput medusae - wikidoc”,
- With the opening of the Shadowlands, the history of the Medusae has begun to clarify. The Medusae, like the Enigmae, are creations of the Xan, a manipulation of humanoid genetics and those of other species and races. It is unclear what the original. — “Faunlore”,
- A species profile for Medusahead from USDA's National Invasive Species Information Center. Common names: Medusahead, medusa's head, medusahead rye, medusahead grass. — “Invasive Species: Plants - Medusahead (Taeniatherum caput-medusae)”, invasivespeciesinfo.gov
- Medusae definition, a saucer-shaped or dome-shaped, free-swimming jellyfish or hydra. See more. — “Medusae | Define Medusae at ”,
- Scyphozoan Medusae, more commonly known as "jellyfish" are mobile soft-bodies floaters. Krukowski Quarry in Mosinee, Wisconsin contains the finest example of a mass stranding of medusae. — “Medusae”, uwsp.edu
- Medusae is using Twitter. Twitter is a free service that lets you keep in touch with people through from your phone? Click here. Medusae. Today is 'Family Day' in Ontario. — “EL (Medusae) on Twitter”,
- Medusae Well-developed cnidarian that is gelatinous and free-swimming. — “Medusae: Information from ”,
- Definition of Medusae from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of Medusae. Pronunciation of Medusae. Definition of the word Medusae. Origin of the word Medusae. — “Medusae - Definition of Medusae at ”,
- List of 14 disease causes of Caput medusae, patient stories, diagnostic guides. Diagnostic checklist, medical tests, doctor questions, and related signs or symptoms for Caput medusae. — “Caput medusae - ”,
related images for medusae
- There were two of these super squat Nolina A mind boggling patch of Euphorbia caput medusae It was at least 4 by 3 wide Just huge
- Image by Bonnie Rasmussen Oregon Department of Agriculture Images courtesy of Jed Colquhoun Photo Collection Oregon State University
- Medusae 10x
- Habenaria myriotricha medusae
- medusae2db8 jpg
- Relatives Range of distribution of Medusa s Head Calligonum Calligonum caput medusae Object description GIS downloads will work in 2009 Authors The expert botanists Yu D Soskov L L Malyshev
- one s present life it stimulates physic faculties and Soul recall therefore needed information received from the Higher Self to integrate past lessons learning and abilities
- Nanodes medusae
- Medusae To use any of the clipart images above including the thumbnail image in the top left corner just click and drag the picture to your desktop You may also control click Mac or right click
- Cirrhopetalum medusae HC jpg
- Astrophytum caput medusae Turbinicarpus flaviflorus
- 7 8 9 10 11 12 > 13
- Bioluminescent Medusae high jpg
- Medusae 40x
- Habenaria myriotricha medusae
- Astrophytum caput medusae jpg
- Epid medusae jpg
- ブルボフィルム メドゥーサエ Bulbophyllum medusae
- Habenaria myriotricha medusae
- Nanodes medusae
- Die Blüten sind lila Die weden als erstes vertrocken danach wird die Infloreszenz folgen Das heißt deine Pfanze wird nicht ewig so aussehen
- Bulb medusae JPG
- caput medusaeXbaileyi jpg
- StenoscyphusMedusae JPG
- Dancing Medusae Postcard 1h jpg
- Tillandsia caput medusae 01 jpg jpg
- T aeranthos T caput medusae duuuża
- Nanodesmedusae jpg
- Nanodes medusae
- 拡大画像を表示します エリック ノブロック ストレプトフィラ X ブラキカウロス 写真 の子吹き 反対側にもさらに小さく吹いている クリックすると拡大画像を表示します イオナンタ X カプトメドゥーサエ 写真 の子吹き 余談で 親株は写真ではなぜか細身に写っている
- medusae jpg
- Tillandsia caput medusae
- Bulbomedusaepl jpg
- Habenaria myriotricha medusae
- Browse | Braddock PA | MediaPsych Previous
- 2454 Bulb medusae jpg
- E braunsii J R150 north of Fullarton Medusae jpg
- Habenaria myriotricha medusae
- BioluminescentMedusaeknithi jpg
related videos for medusae
- City of Heroes - Just a Girl - Medusae My reluctant ***aged-gorgon versus the Devouring Earth progenitor. Now in decent quality (hope and pray).
- Asbury Park Casino Carousel + Medusa 2007 Pt. 2 Exterior of the Asbury Park Casino Carousel; the once boarded up Medusae are now visible under Plexiglas. Other new exterior construction visible. Filmed 05 July 2007 by Mike the Teacher
- Bulbophyllum medusae HD A Malaysian Orchid species' flowering shot on time-lapse HD Video. The Panasonic HDC TM300 is used to record this four-day event! We believe that this is done for the first time and in full 1080p HD.
- How do jellyfish eat? Feeding Currents Generated by Upside Down Jellyfish Authors: Terry Rodriguez, Christina Hamlet, Megan Gyoerkoe, Laura Miller 16 Oct 2010 Pulsing dynamics and the resulting fluid flow generated by the upside down jellyfish, Cassiopea spp. Medusae of this genus are unusual in that they typically rest upside down on the ocean floor and pulse their bells to generate feeding currents, only swimming when significantly disturbed. The pulsing kinematics and fluid flow around these upside down jellyfish is investigated using a combination of videography, flow visualization, and numerical simulation. Significant mixing occurs around and directly above the oral arms and secondary mouths. Numerical simulations using the immersed boundary method with a porous layer representing the oral arms agree with the experimental results. The simulations also suggest that the presence of porous oral arms induce net horizontal flow towards the bell. Coherent vortex rings are not seen in the wake above the jellyfish, but starting and stopping vortices are observed before breaking up as they pass through the elaborate oral arms (if extended).
- Pulsing Medusae Newly budded medusa from a hydrozoan. =)
- Let's Play! Might and Magic 7: Part 6 In Which the Party Rescues Dwarfes and Entraps Medusae
- Final Battle (Secret of the Silver Blades) The party faces 12 iron golems and 6 medusae in the end battle
- Meditations on the Martian Surface #5 (extended version featuring 54 HiRISE images) Image Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Production by LE Spry Images shown: 01. Delta in Crater South of Parana Basin (PSP_001388_1565) 02. Mawrth Vallis Layered Terrain (PSP_001388_2035) 03. Gullies-Aprons in North Mid-Latitude Crater, As Seen in MOC Images (PSP_001389_2225) 04. Possible Phoenix Lander Landing Site (PSP_001391_2465) 05. Basal Unit in North Polar Layered Deposits Scarp (PSP_001394_2650) 06. Northern Residual Cap Crater (PSP_001406_2680) 07. Possible Inverted Channel in Filled Crater (PSP_001412_1955) 08. Stratigraphic Section of Chasma Boreale Scarp (PSP_001412_2650) 09. Possible Opportunity Rover Landing Site (PSP_001414_1780) 10. Light-Toned Layered Outcrops South of Ius Chasma, in MOC Image S06-01260 (PSP_001417_1720) 11. Putative North Polar Gypsum Dunes (PSP_001432_2610) 12. Crater with Gullies and Light-Toned Material on South Wall (PSP_001435_1375) 13. Gullies on Very High Dune Slip Face in Russell Crater (PSP_001440_1255) 14. Putative Hematite Site in Capri Chasma (PSP_001442_1675) 15. Exposure of Polar Layered Deposits Not Well Covered by Mars Global Surveyor (PSP_001442_2715) 16. Putative North Polar Gypsum Dunes (PSP_001444_2610) 17. Medusae Fossae Formation Sample (PSP_001446_1790) 18. Possible Phoenix Lander Landing Site (PSP_001451_2505) 19. Chasma Boreale (PSP_001452_2650) 20. Layering in North Polar Layered Deposits (Lower Correlated Sequence) (PSP_001454_2670) 21. Exposure of Polar Layered Deposits Not Well Covered by Mars Global ...
- Cassiopeia xamachana - Upside Down Jellyfish After modifing this 3 gallon tank to generate a circular flow (kreisel), I raised a culture of brine shrimp in it to see how well the design worked. I was very pleased with the result. later that week, while getting dry goods from the local fish shop, I saw a bowl shaped tank with Upside Down Jellyfish polyps and ephyras. These had come in to the shop as hitch hikers. These ephyra ended up killing the sea horses housed in the bowl. I asked the owner if she would part with a few. As I hoped to raise them through their life cycle. Adult jellies (medusae) reproduce ***ually resulting in larva (or planula). After a period of drifting, the planula will settle on any and evey available surface becoming a stationary polyp that can clone itself. Each polyp, resembling aptasia anemonies, will begin to bud-off a small, free swimming medsua called a ephyra. Four little ephyras came home with me that night. Six more were to follow the next day. It's been three weeks now and all ten are with me and growing fast. The largest is now 7/8" across the bell.
- Jellyfish Biotechnology People keep thinking I want to link a bunch of jellyfish together oO Jellyfish technology was inspired by the medusae and polyps of siphonophores that are linked together via a neural web into a single organism. Organic and mechanical components can be nestled together into symbiotic structures which are stronger than the sum of their parts.
- conny hatch mobile Artist Conny Hatch jellyfish mobile "Medusae" at the Provincetown Art Association and Museum, Winter 2009. Represented by Kobalt Gallery, Provincetown, MA.
- i used to make out with medusae bring me the horizon guitar cover loads of distractions from my mate dara :@ ah well
- Ordeal - Caput Medusae Live joppop Battle Ordeal playing live at joppop battle, This song is called, Caput Medusae Enjoy
- Мы весёлые медузы (We are happy medusae) A short clip where my girlfriend makes a muppet-show and me sings a song from soviet cartoon "Bolshoy Ukh".
- Magellan's Medusae The darkness of space
- Medusae - Antiwarrior II (live) Our old band Medusae (www.medusae.at) playing Melodic Metalcore. This is probably the heaviest song we wrote.
- Ellon in the Dark 79936.avi Medusae. This is not a conventional video, just to let you know. I'll keep recording my plays, but I don't play much anymore!
- IMG_0342.MOV Ordeal - Caput Medusae intro
- The Oracle of Oolong Joey Loman is a freshman hipster with unhealthy drinking habits and a penchant for guitar hero. As fate would have it, he stumbles upon an eccentric, psychic gypsy named the Oracle of Oolong who reads Loman's tealeaves and shows him the path back to optimal health and wellness through the way of the tea. Oracle Of Oolong Pamela Dickerson Joey Loman Sunevil Medusae Sound/ Voiceover Effects Sunevil Medusae Editor Jason Tovar Written, directed, and edited by: Bill Palmer Special Thanks to John Davis for advice and Christoff for use of his art studio.
- (39B) Mini boss: Medusas - Might and Magic I PC We get to the Medusas/Medusae without being detected. Stealth mission went well!
- City of Heroes - Eochai's Fall Eochai versus members of the Green Team during the first Halloween invasion: Played by Me: Medusae, Castle Rat, Rugby, Lady Remnant Others: Exaedus, Frost Beetle, Kenka Suru, Veridian Ankh, Icerider, Surge Protector.
- flower minute 67 another strange orchid bulbophyllum medusae from southeast asia
- UT99 Team Botmatch 2 Round two of The Command & Conquerers vs. Bots Named After People I Don't Like on StalwartXL. More the same really, but I got to play with my Flak Cannon a bit more this time 8D next time I'll remember to put my game to a standard resolution for the video... stupid letterbox. Voicepacks used: GREEN TEAM - \\The Command & Conquerers// CABAL - Me ["Ssargon"] Nod - "Cyborg Reaper" GDI - "Some GDI Soldier" Scrin - "An Alien" GLA - "Abdullah Bin-Abba" Psycho Cyborg - "HueyTheInfectdCyborg" YELLOW TEAM - \\Bots Named After People I Don't Like// Duke Nukem - "Searinox" I think it's a Quake 3 voice - "Mekolai" UT2K4 Medusae Female - "Kozuka" Vegeta - "Sneas" Cheddar - "Faith" ***ney - "Ero Oyaji" Models/Skins used: GREEN TEAM - \\The Command and Conquerers// Male ARA Soldier/Husky Pack - Me ["Ssargon"] WarBoss - "Cyborg Reaper" Stock male Soldier - "Some GDI Soldier" Alien Queen - "An Alien" Arab - "Abdullah Bin-Abba" Borg - "HueyTheInfectdCyborg" YELLOW TEAM - \\Bots Named After People I Don't Like// Duke Nukem - "Searinox" Titania - "Mekolai" Motoko - "Kozuka" Nali - "Sneas" Necris Dress - "Faith" Stock Necris male - "Ero Oyaji" Mutators active: MoreGore Volatile Ammo Relics: Defense, Redemption, Regeneration, Speed, Strength Disgraced! Team Beacon
- Jellyfish beautiful dangerous transparent dangerous moon Jellies Jellyfish are very interesting because their insides can be seen. They are delicate. They have stinging cells on their tentacles to capture prey. They can make pets; some can be dangerous. These are related to sea anemones. Jellyfish blooms can cause severe problems for mankind. The most obvious are human stings, that sometimes kill people, and tourism declines on coasts. Jellyfish are dioecious-they are usually either male or female, but occasionally hermaphroditic specimens are found. In most cases, both release sperm and eggs, where the (unprotected) eggs are fertilized and mature into new organisms. They have two distinct life history stages (body forms) during their life cycle. The first is the polypoid stage. In this the animal takes the form of a small stalk with feeding tentacles;. This polyp may live on the bottom or on similar substrata, or it may be free-floating or attached to things or rarely, fish. Polyps can be solitary or colonial, and some bud a***ually by various means, making more polyps. In the second stage, the tiny polyps a***ually produce jellyfish, which are known as a medusa. Medusae have a radially symmetric, umbrella-shaped body called a bell, which is usually has tentacles - fringe-like protrusions from the bell's border that capture prey.
- Medusae - Idealist (live) Our old band Medusae (www.medusae.at) playing Melodic Metalcore. One of our more complex songs.
- RubberOCement "Darkleukocyte p2/Mycophenolate Confetti!!" All DNA twisted cyclosporine pictured herein to fuel confused destroyer cloud of neutrophil platelets (blood discs) frying!! Static Star Saddle Rattles from Entropy Omega Gamma-That Spiral sequence courtesy of Brutal Sound Effects. Steam powered metal creatures push bubble girders into each other while genetic pond scum fry excess limbs around the hot iron rivets. A RNA twisted butyl world emerges. A giant squid reveals brain abilities somewhere in the Pacific Ocean and brings a new form of experimental sound presentation that no one has thought of. At the 3 minute mark we try to make this underwater experience for only a short sequence on a dry sound stage, Los Angeles. The Brutal Sound Effects Film czarchives have been accessed for a section of the film process in here. Snowflake rain of twisted mycophenolate confetti chews into the ground stimulating cell growth on your viewing screen!! Another undeveloped plot we tried to work on in this movie short is a story that centers around a few immobile gas mask wasp children who live in a pressure chamber. Magnetic Medusae Tape Head Matrons, working for the kids, try to interest various locals into starting new alpha wave patterns in the insect child brains with innovative sounds. Each local sound tech that shows up creates a different catastrophe/result on an epic scale. It's a big mess by the end of the movie with echo static ghosts eating brick mortar, electrified bug legs warping and drilling holes in and out of the earth ...
- Jellyfish swimming at 21°C This video shows swimming performance: sieve mode. Ephyra cultured at 13°C, swimming at 21°C water temperature. This research was published in the journal Biology Letters in the paper: Phenotypic plasticity in juvenile jellyfish medusae facilitates effective animalfluid interaction by JC Nawroth, KE Feitl, SP Colin, JH Costello and JO Dabiri. The doi link for the article is
- MARS ANOMALIES: Intelligent activity on Medusae Fossae??? A huge light-emitting structure was caught by Mars Orbital Cam, in the area of Medusae Fossae. Unfortunately the angle of pic doesn´t allow to define what could it be, but surely that´s something unnatural, most likely result of intelligent alien activity. Original NASA image available to further investigation: ida.wr.usgs.gov
- UT99 Team Botmatch This time I did a 12 player team match on a unique custom map called 4D, apparently inspired by a Doctor Who episode. An excellent battleground, I dare say. The Command & Conquerers VS. Bots Named After People I Don't Like Round one, *DING-DING* The video will speak for itself I think. Now, for the obligatory long crap saying what I use where 8D Voicepacks used: GREEN TEAM - \\The Command & Conquerers// CABAL - Me ["Ssargon"] Nod - "Cyborg Reaper" GDI - "Some GDI Soldier" Scrin - "An Alien" GLA - "Abdullah Bin-Abba" Psycho Cyborg - "HueyTheInfectdCyborg" YELLOW TEAM - \\Bots Named After People I Don't Like// Duke Nukem - "Searinox" I think it's a Quake 3 voice - "Mekolai" UT2K4 Medusae Female - "Kozuka" Vegeta - "Sneas" Cheddar - "Faith" ***ney - "Ero Oyaji" Models/Skins used: GREEN TEAM - \\The Command & Conquerers// Male ARA Soldier/Husky Pack - Me ["Ssargon"] WarBoss - "Cyborg Reaper" Stock male Soldier - "Some GDI Soldier" Alien Queen - "An Alien" Arab - "Abdullah Bin-Abba" Borg - "HueyTheInfectdCyborg" YELLOW TEAM - \\Bots Named After People I Don't Like// Duke Nukem - "Searinox" Titania - "Mekolai" Motoko - "Kozuka" Nali - "Sneas" Necris Dress - "Faith" Stock Necris male - "Ero Oyaji" Mutators active: MoreGore Volatile Ammo Relics: Defense, Redemption, Regeneration, Speed, Strength Disgraced! Team Beacon
- City of Heroes - Are you ready? - CoH Various snippets of CoH battles. My Characters: Chimera Xenith, Blood Rose, Castle Rat, Wyrmling, Saffron-Chan, Medusae, Obsidian Light Others: GreenMach, Veridian Ankh, RockBody, Tejou, Kenka Suru, (unnamed ones)
- Jellyfish (Scyphozoa) Jellyfish pass through two stages; Polyp and Medusae. Medusa is also the Spanish word for jellyfish. A group of jellyfish is often called a "smack". Many species of jellyfish are also capable of congregating into large swarms or "blooms" consisting of hundreds or even thousands of individuals.
- Jellyfish swimming at 13°C This video shows swimming performance: paddle mode. Ephyra raised at 13°C, swimming at 13°C water temperature. This research was published in the journal Biology Letters in the paper: Phenotypic plasticity in juvenile jellyfish medusae facilitates effective animalfluid interaction by JC Nawroth, KE Feitl, SP Colin, JH Costello and JO Dabiri. The doi link for the article is
- Meduse While swimming in the Mediterranean sea, I met a shoal of medusae.
- Jellyfish Lake, Palau: courtesy of the short bus crew FLOATING in a silent world the color of milky green tea, I am enveloped by an undulating horde of 10 million jellyfish, some the size of cantaloupes, others the size of apples and a few no bigger than blueberries. All dance the two-step jelly ballet: pulse in, pulse out; pulse in, pulse out. Their simple rhythm is as soothing and vital as a heartbeat. These jellies are found only in this 12-acre pocket of seawater. Known to tourists as Jellyfish Lake and to locals as Ongeiml Tketau, it is one of about 70 marine, or sal***er, lakes in the Republic of Palau, an island nation 550 miles east of the Philippines. Though the lakes remain connected to the sea through fissures in the islands porous limestone, they are shielded from wind and wave by high ridges covered in exuberant foliage. Sounds of the sea are muted by the music of the jungle: buzzing insects, chattering fairy terns, the eerie coo of the Micronesian pigeon. The sky is crisscrossed by fruit bats the size of hawks. Palaus sheltered marine lakes are tiny seas imprisoned in terra firma. Five of the lakes contain unique jellyfish, each varying from its neighbors and their common ancestor in a dramatic example of the origin of species. Charles Darwin, of course, used island residents as models of his revolutionary theory. One species of bird, isolated on bits of land surrounded by water, radiated into a remarkable variety of new forms. The same forces work on marine species isolated in bits of water surrounded by land ...
- Amazing Jellyfish *** Wart Comb Jelly rainbow color space ships aliens mating Monterey Aquarium Incredible Wart Comb Jellyfish - mating and dancing with one another! like shimmering rainbow colored Star Wars space ships or aliens mating - and invading the Black and Caspian Seas causing serious problems to those ecosystems and the people who feed off these now unbalanced ecosystems! Mnemiopsis sp. - comb jelly Highly transparent, elongated body, round in cross-section, with semi-transparent rows running the length of the animal. Size: less than 1 inch to 4 inches. No sting. Jellyfish are free-swimming members of the phylum Cnidaria. They have several different basic morphologies that represent several different cnidarian classes including the Scyphozoa (about 200 species), Staurozoa (about 50 species), Cubozoa (about 20 species), and Hydrozoa (about 1000-1500 species that make jellyfish and many more that do not). The jellyfish in these groups are also called, respectively, scyphomedusae, stauromedusae, cubomedusae, and hydromedusae; "medusa" (plural "medusae") is another word for jellyfish. Jellyfish are found in every ocean, from the surface to the deep sea. Some hydrozoan jellyfish, or hydromedusae, are also found in fresh water. Most of the information about jellyfish that follows in this article is about scyphozoan jellyfish, or scyphomedusae. These are the big, often colorful, jellyfish that are common in coastal zones worldwide. In its broadest sense, the term jellyfish is sometimes used also to refer to members of the phylum Ctenophora. Although not ...
- Jellyfish in close-up Jellyfish are free-swimming members of the phylum Cnidaria and they are not fish at all. With several different basic morphologies they are important predators of the ocean and have a body composed for 98% of water. There are over ten thousand species of jellyfish, and they've been around for over 650 million years Jellyfish venom is being studied and used in Medical Research. It may help produce antidotes against other venoms and may also help in treating cancer and various other diseases.
- Medusae - Perish (live) Our old band Medusae (www.medusae.at) playing Melodic Metalcore. This was one of our favourite songs, called Perish. enjoy
- Odd Jellyfish and Sculpin in Humboldt Tidepool Short clip of the stalked jellyfish Haliclystus and a tidepool sculpin that swam through the frame. This is a true jellyfish, but is unusual in that the medusa stage lives attached to algae and seagrasses rather than swimming around like most jellyfish medusae. This was shot with a regular camera, not underwater, so it is a bit wobbly with surface ripples. In tidepool near Trinidad, California on August 2, 2008.
- Alien invaders disrupting Black & Caspian Sea ecosystems! Comb Jellies invade and disrupt the Black & Caspian Sea ecosystems! Though the jelly-like comb jellies are classified in a different animal phylum than jellyfish (which signifies a distant relationship), they also share the jellyfish's fondness for zooplankton, along with the eggs and larvae of fish and invertebrate animals. Ctenophores commonly found in the Black Sea are Pleurobrachia pileus, Mnemiopsis (different species), and Beroe ovata. Mnemiopsis is a comb jelly native to the Atlantic coastal region between Massachusetts and southern Argentina. In its natural range, it has been known to heavily impact ecosystems by consuming vast quantities of zooplankton, eggs, and the larvae of fish and invertebrates that would otherwise support populations of more desirable species. Mnemiopsis was first observed in the Black Sea in the early 1980s, where it is thought to have been transported and dropped by the ballast water of freighters arriving from distant shores in the western Atlantic. By the late 1980s, populations of Mnemiopsis soared, populations of its favored zooplankton food plummeted, and, coincidentally, commercial catches of the zooplankton-eating anchovy (Engraulis encrasicolus) were drastically reduced. A few years ago, Mnemiopsis was accidentally introduced into the Caspian Sea, where a similar impact is beginning to be seen. Mnemiopsis sp. - comb jelly Highly transparent, elongated body, round in cross-section, with semi-transparent rows running the length of ...
- Space Medusae Medusae
twitter about medusae
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about medusae
“Which statement is true for scyphozoan medusae? A.They are the dominant body form (I Juveniles are, in most cases polyps but change at a very early stage to medusae”
— Coral and Scyphzoans - Biology-Online, biology-
“The Orchid Source - Orchid Forum is one of the largest Orchid forums on the net. Learn to care for Orchids and share with others”
— Bulbophyllum medusae - The Orchid Source - Orchid Forum,
“Take the Medusae Discussion Forum and discover some interesting facts about the mobile soft-bodies floaters whose aboral surface is umbrella-shaped”
— QuizMoz - Medusae Discussion Forum, Medusae Facts Discussion,
“In Southampton Water, the onset of ***ual maturation occurred earliest in the larger medusae, but eventually all females became ripe, the smallest being 45 mm bell diameter (BD). The In similar-sized ripe medusae, fecundity was greater in Southampton Water, but the planula larvae produced”
— Solent Forum - Search Keywords,
“Admin Forum. Start Thread. Members. Join. Pro Accounts. My Details. Login. Logout. Links. search links. Create new link. Edit existing link You are not logged so will not be able to make forum a post until you login or open a member account”
“agua medusae. Abstract Art, Adobe AIR, Adobe Creative Suite 3, Adobe Infrared Light + Computer Vision Workshop in Processing and openFrameworks”
— Dr. Woohoo! " Blog Archive " agua medusae,
“Archives of astronomy blog - From astronomy blog The radar system on the European Space Agency's Mars Express orbiter has uncovered new details about some of the most mysterious deposits on Mars: the Medusae Fossae Formation”
— Archives of astronomy blog, astronomy-
“These gorgeous lamps by Roxy Towry-Russell will transform any space in a fascinating underwater Wolrd. Love them!”
— Medusae Pendant Lamps | gBlog,
“A friend of mine used a scanning electron microscope to make some photosof pollen off my A.caput-medusae. I thought they are interesting”
— Medusae pollen pics,
“These medusae have a limited lifespan and die shortly after releasing These polyps feed on zooplankton and soon are budding off new medusae”
— Turritopsis nutricula, page 1,
similar for medusae
- free encyclopedia
- lower surface
- thin disk
- principal axis
- legal support services
- adobe acrobat
- california code
- services guide
- consulting firm
- legal industry
- usable versions
- judicial council forms
- code guide
- judicial council of california
- process servers
- spanish phrase
- greek mythology
- medusa head
- medusa stage
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- northern ontario
- mobile phone
- free service
- service that lets
- frequent answers
- one simple question
- join today
- family day
- time off
- caput medusae
- symptom checker
- medical symptoms
- full list
- signs and symptoms
- medical articles
- abdominal symptoms
- medical story
- invertebrate zoology
- unanswered questions
- the gale
- gale group
- animal life