- After slicing through all of the numerous definitions that cloud this question, the answer is, simply, that a maquiladora is a Mexican Corporation which operates under a maquila program approved for it by the Mexican Secretariat of Commerce and Industrial Development (SECOFI). — “What is a maquiladora?”, udel.edu
- Six Years of NAFTA: A View from Inside the Maquiladoras," is the first such report to be developed by maquiladora workers themselves, offering an insider view of changing factory life in the maquiladoras, or foreign-owned assembly plants that line the Mexico-U.S. border. — “Seis años del TLC”,
- Definition of maquiladora from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of maquiladora. Pronunciation of maquiladora. Definition of the word maquiladora. Origin of the word maquiladora. — “maquiladora - Definition of maquiladora at ”,
- Maquiladora definition, a factory run by a U.S. company in Mexico to take advantage of cheap labor and lax regulation. See more. — “Maquiladora | Define Maquiladora at ”,
- Maquiladora summary with 19 pages of lesson plans, quotes, chapter summaries, ***ysis, encyclopedia entries, essays, research information, and more. — “Maquiladora Summary and ***ysis Summary | ”,
- TACNA Services, Inc-Since 1983,helping establish Mexico manufacturing through a Maquiladora or Mexican manufacturer. We assist companies with Manufacturing In Mexico,Low Cost Manufacturing Mexico. Mexico Made Easy!. — “Want Mexico Manufacturing? Maquiladora Manufacturing in Mexico”,
- Walk through the A to Zs maquiladoras manufacturing at Made In Mexico, Inc. and see how it can net big gains for your organization's bottom line. — “What are Maquiladoras? Find out at Made in Mexico, Inc”,
- Maquiladora music profile on Yahoo! Music. Find lyrics, free streaming MP3s, music videos and photos of Maquiladora on Yahoo! Music. — “Maquiladora on Yahoo! Music”,
- Information center for Mexico's maquiladora industry includes information on maquila statistics, human resources, laws, taxation, and more. — “Maquila Portal”,
- This will be available on the Maquiladora Summer Japanese Tour and then available through New Maquiladora Shirts! New CDR of Maquiladora Live at Hosei. — “Maquiladora - The Gulf”, maquiladora.cx
- maquiladora n. An assembly plant in Mexico, especially one along the border between the United States and Mexico, to which foreign materials and. — “maquiladora: Definition from ”,
- A maquiladora (Spanish pronunciation: [makilaˈðoɾa]) or maquila (IPA: [maˈkila]) is a concept often referred to an operation that involves manufacturing in a country that is not the client's and as such has an interesting duty or tariff treatment. — “Maquiladora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- This report reviews the opportunities for U.S. firms to sell to the maquiladora industry in the Baja California region of Mexico. According to Mexican Customs, in 2006 the import market for the maquiladora industry in Baja California exceeded $21 billion, of which over 40 percent was destined for. — “Market Research-Maquiladora Industry B.C”, buyusa.gov
- Listen to Maquiladora FREE on . Rhapsody lets you explore every style of music without paying per song. Play 25 songs a month for free, or listen to anything and everything in the catalog with a subscription. — “Maquiladora - Rhapsody Music”,
- Gravado no Yield Bar em Arujá - SP - 05/08/2007 Show das bandas: Maquiladora - Drama Beat - Sonic Drive - Korova's Veloccet Thania - Guitarra/Voz Thais - Guitarra Yasmine - Baixo Andrea - Bateria. — “TOO MUCH WINE - MAQUILADORA | Video Youtube - NMETV Latest”,
- The maquiladora industry in Mexico. For more than 35 years, the maquiladora industry has The government policies to encourage the maquiladora industry had made this sector the. — “InvestinBaja”, investinbaja.gob.mx
- Foreign corporations with manufacturing facilities in Mexico under the Maquiladora Program will be ahead in getting their products to the 3. Maquiladoras, in 1994, may sell up to 55% of their "increased. — “ILAB - An Overview of the Maquiladora Program”, dol.gov
- Maquiladora is three multi-instrumentalist from San Diego. Founded in 1995 in London by singer Phil Beaumont (God Machine's manager) and drummer Eric Nielsen as Loraine, they became Maquiladora when the two returned to California and enrolled guitarist Bruce McKenzie. — “The History of Rock Music. Maquiladora: biography”,
- Over a million Mexican workers are employed at over three thousand maquiladoras, or export assembly plants, near the United States-Mexico border. Learn about these factories that produce goods for the U.S.A. — “Maquiladoras”,
- Maquiladora de Servicios Accel as a total solution for your storage and supply chain solution, has the expertise in logistics management to satisfy your Business needs. We have the scale, scope and technology to provide you the freedom to focus on your core business. — “Maquiladora de Servicios Home”,
- Radiohead-Maquiladora: New and improved with News, Gigs, Audio, Visuals, The Vomit, The Panic. — “Maquiladora”,
related videos for maquiladora
- Maquiladora Japan tour Apr.19 , 2003 TOKYO
- Juarez Factory Fire "Maquiladora Fuego en Juarez, Mexico" A HUGE cloud/plume of thick black smoke rose from a factory fire in Juarez, Mexico. The smoke from the fire was so big you could see it from El Paso, Texas. I don't remember what day this happened, or where exactly in Juarez the "maquiladora" was located, but the smoke stretched across the sky and reminded me of "Donnie Darko". So here is a short video just noting the moment. I've seen smoke from fires in Juarez before, but THIS one was the one to top them ALL!! PLEASE RATE, COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!! Filmed & Edited By: Andy Ramirez SAIKOSIS Films 2009
- Maquiladora workers' rights interview (pt. 1) We talked with someone helping to support the rights of people working in maquiladoras, United States factories within Mexico. Currently situations are often very unfair for them, and she helps by spreading the word that they have rights and standards that must be given. Again, sorry I did not get the very beginning. Check out our MySpace and blogs:
- Radiohead - Maquiladora Maquiladora
- radiohead - maquiladora [reading 1994] HD thanks to AustinBrock for the source
- MEDC 25th Annual Picnic City of McAllen, This is the 25th annual picnic for people who work in the maquiladora industry. There are ten to twelve thousand of thos jobs in the upper Rio Grande Valley and over a hundred thousand more if you count Mexico. McAllen Economic Development Corporation President, Keith Patridge, says, "...about 140 between McAllen and Renoza, jobs are tied to the maquila and manufacturing sector...". The maquiladora industry is twin plant manufacturing. Labor is cheaper in Mexico, so big companies build manufacturing and assembly plants right across the border. "We have 600 people working in Reynosa and another 16 people on the US side here distributing and doing all of the logistic..." says Joseph Olmeda of BSN Medical. Management contol is in Texas, mostly in the International Trade Zone in the southern part of McAllen. Every year thousands of people who work in the maquila industry show up for the picnic sponshored byt the McAllen Economic Develpment Corporation and the Reynosa Manufacturing Association, employees are encouraged to bring their families. "These are managers so the income livel and you just start thinking, just put a number on it..." says Patridge. Then put a number on all of the local businesses which sell parts and services to the maquilas. "You have the logistics, you have the warehousing operations, you have all the supplier companies that may not be classified as manufacturing but still are creating jobs." So, lets take a number, consider 25000 jobs ...
- Maquiladora - Live in Kyoto Takutaku, Japan San diego phychedelic rock band, Maquiladora live at Takutaku in Kyoto city.
- Maquiladora (Radiohead) ^chill out^ Sorry for killing this great driving rocksong. Somebody requested me to cover it.
- " Maquiladora" explained You've heard the word "maquiladora" but what does it mean? Listen to origination of the word and what it means today from Roberto Moreno of Collectron Management International.
- Maquiladora workers' rights interview (pt. 3) We talked with someone helping to support the rights of people working in maquiladoras, United States factories within Mexico. Currently situations are often very unfair for them, and she helps by spreading the word that they have rights and standards that must be given. Check out our MySpace and blogs:
- Scary chair in Juarez maquiladora One of our 17 listeners sent this to us. He writes, "I'm an engineer working in a Juarez maquiladora, the plant is about 20 years old ... for as long as I can remmember the production operators in the 3rd shift have been telling stories of objects like chairs, production instruments, etc. moving around ...This video was taken by a production operator working overtime alone when there was no 3rd shift. According to him, he was sensing movement and when he looked there was nothing there. After a few times he decided to put his cell phone down with the video running and looked away. This is what he recorded."
- Child Labor/Maquiladoras/Exploited Labor/ Save Our Unions Go to Stephanie Glass Solomon; artist activist This performance, by Antioch University Los Angeles professor and vocalist Stephanie Glass Solomon, is from an educational concert, Jazz, Gender, and Justice, first performed at the Visual and Performing Arts Center, California State University Northridge, September 14 and 16, 2000. This piece focuses on the worldwide exploitation of children and young women in factories, particularly in maquiladoras. The spoken-word introduction tells about a mother who, while preparing a Disney theme party for her son, is reminded of the children in maquiladoras who have lost their childhoods to making clothing, shoes, and toys for children like her own. How can one child's party be built upon the back of another child's exploited labor? How can there be free trade when there is not fair trade--trade that fairly regulates the nature of work? This performance piece was integrated into classroom studies to provoke critical thinking about globalism and the far-reaching consequences of mindless consumerism. It argues for a need for global unionization and the preservation of US unions. Music : Heigh Ho by Franke Churchill & Larry Morey Whistle While You Work by Franke Churchill & Larry Morey Arrangement: Gary Nesteruk Musicians: Gary Nesteruk, Ernie Nunez, Ben Wendel, Tony Austin, Tom Bethke Graphic Designer: Ana Osling, Juxaweb Photographs: Permission: National Labor Committee/People of Faith Network
- ILFF10/2006 "MAQUILÁPOLIS [City of Factories]" (Feature Docu dir. Sergio De La Torre, Vicky Funari, 2006, Mexico / USA, 68 min. Screening at 10th International Latino Film Festival - San Francisco Bay Area on 11/14/2006 @ 6:00 PM - @ San José State University (San Jose) Carmen works the graveyard shift in one of Tijuana's 800 maquiladoras, the multinational factories that come to Mexico for its cheap labor. After making television components all night, Carmen goes home to a shack she built out of recycled garage doors, in a neighborhood with no sewage lines or electricity. As a single mother, she earns six dollars a day and suffers from kidney damage and lead poisoning from her exposure to toxic chemicals. But, Carmen's optimism and strong will keep her looking for ways to organize change. In Maquilapolis, Carmen and her friends reach beyond their daily struggle for survival, using video cameras to tell their own stories while confronting labor violations, environmental devastation and urban chaos. When this small group of women takes on the impossible task of forcing the Mexican government to clean up a nearby polluted factory, the women find hope in a better future.
- Maquiladora Croni Certificacion ISO14001 - InfoMaquila
- Maquiladora women - spots from the film MAQUILAPOLIS Short spots from the film MAQUILAPOLIS [city of factories] by Vicky Funari and Sergio De La Torre. A co-production of the Independent Television Service (ITVS). A project of Creative Capital and this film was supported by a grant from the Sundance Institute Documentary Fund. In this video, yuo can see a view from how US trade "benefits" women. Please watch the video on the address belove, to understand how the life is for maquiladora women.
- Tijuana: City of Work & Maquiladoras (Part 2 of 2) Tijuana: City of Work & Maquiladoras Part 2 of 2 CAT 124: Social Challenge Assignment 2 Using Video Only. San Diego Maquiladora Solidarity Network. By: Julien Barbe & Jack Korpob. Tijuana: City of Work & Maquiladoras hopes to capture the story of workers in Colonio Chilpancingo and the environmental and social justice they fight for. Includes "Tengo Muchas Alas" by Mana. For educational purposes only, no copyright infringement intended.
- Maquiladora workers' rights interview (pt. 2) We talked with someone helping to support the rights of people working in maquiladoras, United States factories within Mexico. Currently situations are often very unfair for them, and she helps by spreading the word that they have rights and standards that must be given. Check out our MySpace and blogs:
- Interview with Samy Schmidt on Maquiladoras in Juarez, Mexico Interview with Samuel Schmidt, writer about his book on the history of decision making in the Maquiladora industry in Ciudad Juarez, MX.
- Inauguración de la Maquiladora Dustin Jeans SA de CV en Jalpa
- OxegenMBK-pt10 Maquiladora(The Get Up Kid)Album OxegenMBK,song written by OxegenMBK clean cut track with a clear splash of political settlement
- Radiohead - Maquiladora [Live at The Astoria] Radiohead, playing "Maquiladora", a b-side.Radiohead, in the "Live at the Astoria" concert on 27 May 1994, notable mainly for its collection of songs that would not appear until the release of THE BENDS, ten months later. It is also Radiohead's only concert home video/DVD to date. This dvd captures Radiohead playing an absolutely amazing gig. The quality of the performance is remarkable - Thom Yorke's soaring voice, Jonny Greenwood's frantic yet precise lead guitar, Ed O'Brien's haunting atmospheric sound. The tightness and balance of the band is awe-inspiring. The gig features songs from Pablo Honey and The Bends (plus a few others). These are Radiohead's more 'conventional, pre-experimental' songs, which will appeal to any fans of current UK rock music. They feature catchy melodies, great lyrics and amazing, powerful instrumentals. Director: Brett Turnbull.
- Maquiladora Photo Essay This is a documentary photo essay depicting social injustice of maquiladora on Mexican women and men laborers.
- Tijuana: City of Work & Maquiladoras (Part 1) Tijuana: City of Work & Maquiladoras Part 1 of 2 CAT 124: Social Challenge Assignment 2 Using Video Only. San Diego Maquiladora Solidarity Network. By: Julien Barbe & Jack Korpob. Tijuana: City of Work & Maquiladoras hopes to capture the story of workers in Colonio Chilpancingo and the environmental and social justice they fight for. Includes "Tengo Muchas Alas" by Mana. For educational purposes only, no copyright infringement intended.
- Ponte trucha Maquiladora
- Maquiladora Murders: Femicides in Ciudad Juarez Visual exploration of the victims of the femicides in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
- Radiohead - Maquiladora (Live at Reading Festival 1994) Radiohead - Maquiladora Live at The Reading Festival 1994 9 / 12 Lyrics: Here it comes, here it comes I can feel the hills exploding Exploding gracefully Burning up the freeway Here it comes Grass is green at the edge of the bubble Beautiful kids into beautiful trouble Well it seems to fall out of the sky and come down on you Oh baby, burn Fast Toyota, burns rubber Useless rockers from England Good times had by all Just swallow your guilt and your conscience Blue and white birds stepping hard on the pedal, Interstate Five runs straight down the middle And it seems to fall out of the sky and come down on you Oh baby, burn
- MAQUILADORA - KONTROLLSTATION 18 VIDEO AND SOUNDS BY CHRISTIAN ZIMMERMANN FOR MAQUILADORA. MAQUILADORA IS AN ARTIST NETWORK AND INDEPENDENT LABEL FOR DESIGN, ART AND MUSIC.
- 13-Maquiladora-Steve Eulberg 13-Maquiladora-Steve Eulberg This song is licensed by . For more information visit:
- Maquiladora workers' rights interview (pt. 4) We talked with someone helping to support the rights of people working in maquiladoras, United States factories within Mexico. Currently situations are often very unfair for them, and she helps by spreading the word that they have rights and standards that must be given. Check out our MySpace and blogs:
- maquiladora cover radiohead I'm just gonna post rare radiohead cover songs that u don't really find on youtube.
- las maquiladoras This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
- Radiohead - Live at the Astoria, London 1994 - Maquilador Live at the Astoria, London 1994
- BBC Radio 1 Sessions - 08. Maquiladora - Radiohead Song - Maquiladora (BBC Radio One). Artist - Radiohead. Album - The Bends (Collector's Edition)
- General Motors (GM) Maquiladora in Mexico as Al Weinkauf remembers. Waukesha's retired Al Weinkauf remembers living in McAllen, Texas and working for General Motors GM in Reynosa, Mexico at a Maquiladora .Al studied Electrochemistry. He now lives with his wife in a condo and visits Frame park every day
- Maquiladora Clip Brief clip from Reynosa: notice the homes below water in the foreground, which was flooded for the maquiladoras
- Dave Douglas' Tiny Bell Trio - maquiladora album - constellations (hat hart) recorded in zürich 1995 dave douglas - trumpet brad schoeppach - guitar jim black - drums
- Radiohead - Maquiladora (Live at The Astoria 1994) Radiohead - Maquiladora Live at The Astoria London, England 1994 9 / 17 Lyrics: Here it comes, here it comes I can feel the hills exploding Exploding gracefully Burning up the freeway Here it comes Grass is green at the edge of the bubble Beautiful kids into beautiful trouble Well it seems to fall out of the sky and come down on you Oh baby, burn Fast Toyota, burns rubber Useless rockers from England Good times had by all Just swallow your guilt and your conscience Blue and white birds stepping hard on the pedal, Interstate Five runs straight down the middle And it seems to fall out of the sky and come down on you Oh baby, burn
- Radiohead Maquiladora BBC's Evening session (Audio Only) From BBC's Evening session. 1994 I have created a radiohead website this week Janurary (2012) all fan of radiohead are welcome to visit
- Radiohead - Maquiladora Studio version released as a B-side for High & Dry / Planet Telex (CD 1), 1995. And yes, they played this song at Astoria in 94, that show was awesome. One of my top favorite songs of Radiohead b-sides. I really love this song, hope you too =]
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about maquiladora
“Mexico City,- Maquiladora industry established throughout Mexico's north border generates more than 3 million direct and indirect and Medium Companies Regional Forum in border cities, pointed-out that maquiladora industry generates consolidated purchases for”
— Maquiladoras generate more than 3 million jobs in the border,
“Home " Forums " Understand Mexico Forum " The Basics - Doing Business in Mexico the North American Free Trade Agreement, Maquiladora manufacturers no longer pay a duty”
— UNDERSTANDMEXICO: HISTORY OF THE MAQUILADORA PROGRAM IN,
“For the approximately one million workers in Mexico's maquiladora factories, housing is often composed of whatever pieces of shipping containers (a handy side effect of the U.S. trade deficit) into small, single-family houses for maquiladora workers”
— Maquiladoras -- WalletPop,
“Naturally, the US benefits from it, on the Mexican side in Maquiladora production lines, and on the US side, mainly in farmland labor. Humanity, Maquiladora, Politics. Posted in Politics | No Comments. Ze blog is proudly”
— Ze blog " Maquiladora,
“LawPundit - Law, Technology, IP, Media, Politics, Sports, Lifestyle Map of the maquiladora plants in Mexico from The Cutting Edge. The Wikipedia under maquiladora tell us that:”
— LawPundit - Law Technology IP Media Politics Sports Lifestyle,
“11/29/2010 1:39:05 AM PST · by maquiladora · 4 replies. Korea Times ^ | 11-29-2010 17:18. Defense Minister Kim Tae-young said 11/29/2010 1:38:07 AM PST · by maquiladora · 4 replies. Korea Times ^ | 11-29-2010 17:29 Soon after firing artillery shells at”
— Forum: News/Activism,
“MAQUILADORA. WHAT YOU GIVE IS WHAT YOU OWN. WHAT YOU REPRESS HAS NEVER BEEN YOURS. MENU. NEW WORK BY JOHANNES: GOREFIELD. NEW WORK NEW WORK BY JOHANNES: BUGS BONEY. NEW WORK BY BORIS: 120110. NEW WORKS BY BORIS: DU AND ANAKIN. BLOG 2008-2009”
— BLOG : MAQUILADORA,
“The purpose of the trade mission was to promote New Mexico exports by introducing qualified industrial suppliers to industrial buyers from the maquiladora industry, located in Juarez. The IBA, OMA, the City of Juarez Economic Development Association,”
— Maquiladora | MVEDA,
“At its peak it employed over 445,000 braceros while the current maquiladora industry employs over 1.3 million Mexican workers. Economies: the Maquiladora Export Landscape, Juan Robles Bloemenveiling Aalsmeer, Fei-Ling [ ] InfraNet Lab " Blog Archive " Re”
— InfraNet Lab " Blog Archive " Border Economies: the,
related keywords for maquiladora
similar for maquiladora
- mexican maquiladoras
- maquiladora reader
- maquila industry
- united states
- assembly plants
- the border
- northern mexico
- mexico and the united states
- mexican government
- maquiladora industry
- border region
- the secretariat
- maquila operations
- maquiladora decree
- maquiladora operations
- finished product
- registration requirements
- the gulf
- kawabata makoto
- white sands
- japan tour
- ueno takashi
- moon mama
- thom yorke
- colin greenwood
- jonny greenwood
- ed obrien
- phil selway
- venus in furs
- study pack
- maquiladora sector
- ***ysis summary
- mexican borders
- metal workers union
- encyclopedia entries
- maquiladora program
- domestic market
- mexico trade
- mexican maquiladora