- In the 1700s and 1800s, farmers sometimes couldn't figure out what to do with all of the manure coming out of their animals. The waste would build up in barns until farmers would invite neighbors — usually with the inducement of plentiful alcohol — to a "dung frolic" to help clear the mess. — “Chesapeake Bay Journal: Solutions sought for excess manure”,
- Provides information on differences between the composition of fresh and composted manure, nutrient availability from manure/compost, and calculation of how much manure/compost to apply. For fruit/vegetable producers. — “Using Manure and Compost as Nutrient Sources for Vegetable Crops”, extension.umn.edu
- Manure definition, excrement, esp. of animals, or other refuse used as fertilizer. See more. — “Manure | Define Manure at ”,
- Abstract: Livestock manures are an important resource in sustainable and organic crop production. addresses the problems and challenges of using both raw and composted manures and discusses some of the solutions. — “Manures for Organic Crop Production ~ PDF”,
- Is manure safe in your garden? Which manure is best? All about manure and how to safely use it in your garden. While most people would find tiger droppings offensive, there are millions of gardeners who look at look at manure as money in the bank. — “Manure Matters: How Manures Measure Up”,
- Manure Manufacturers & Manure Suppliers Directory - Find a Manure Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Manure Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Manure-Manure Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- Hog manure: a new cash crop? Until recently, Bob Johnson hadn't calculated the exact value of liquid manure generated at his family's farrow-to-finish hog operation. But with anhydrous ammonia selling for more than $500/ton, it was clear that. — “Cashing in on Manure's Value”,
- Animal manure is often a mixture of animal's feces and bedding straw, as in this example from a stable. Manures contribute to the fertility of the soil by adding organic matter and nutrients, such as nitrogen, that are trapped by bacteria in the soil. — “Manure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Manure is usually stored for many months, often in giant outdoor pits known as lagoons5. As it decomposes, the manure emits harmful gases such as ammonia and hydrogen sulfide6. Meanwhile, these lagoons can leak or rupture, polluting the surrounding soil and water systems. — “Waste, animal waste and human health - The Issues”,
- Manure is organic matter used as fertilizer in agriculture. The word manure came from Middle English "manuren" meaning "to cultivate land," and initially from. — “Manure - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- The separation of animal agriculture from crop production has led to accumulation of excess manure on livestock farms. We are assessing the nutrient value of different sources of manure and their suitability for crop production. — “Manure Management”, puyallup.wsu.edu
- manure ( ) n. Material, especially barnyard or stable dung, often with discarded animal bedding, used to fertilize soil. — “manure: Definition from ”,
- Definition of manure from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of manure. Pronunciation of manure. Definition of the word manure. Origin of the word manure. — “manure - Definition of manure at ”,
- Manure is a necessary by-product of the livestock industry The simple fact is, untreated manure is simply animal feces while properly treated/processed manure is a value added marketable organic residual. — “Manure is an excellent fertilizer”,
- How many websites that you know of, have a page devoted to manure? Pretty much everybody knows what manure is. But after that, what do we really know about. — “Garden Manure Enriches Your Garden Soil”,
- When a tragic accident ends the life of Mr. Rose, the genius behind Rose's Manure Company, the livelihood of its loyal fleet of salesmen threatens to go, as they say, Here's the silly stuff: Unfortunately, making Rose Manure profitable involves selling a lot of s___ (only one of maybe 200. — “The Smell of Success (2009) - IMDb”,
- Dairy manure and wastewater are excellent sources of nutrients for most agronomic, horticultural, and silvicultural crops. Proper management of these manures as nutrient sources is critical to promoting optimum plant growth and yield while protecting the environment. — “index”, soil.ncsu.edu
- Definition of manure in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of manure. Pronunciation of manure. Translations of manure. manure synonyms, manure antonyms. Information about manure in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. horse manure,. — “manure - definition of manure by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Unfortunately animal manure can negatively impact water and air quality if not handled properly. Our educational programs and materials provide science-based information on economically viable, environmentally sound manure handling systems that also comply with all regulations. — “Manure Matters”, manure.unl.edu
- To protect the health of aquatic ecosystems and meet water quality standards, manure must be safely managed. Good management of manure keeps livestock healthy, returns nutrients to the soil, improves pastures and gardens, and protects the environment, specifically water quality. — “Manure Solutions - Water Quality - extension.usu.edu”, extension.usu.edu
- Animal manure can be an economical source of crop nutrients. adjust the rate of supplemental fertilizer to compensate for the nutrients applied in the manure. Use of manure and fertilizer as nutrient sources for crop production must be managed properly to ensure that. — “Land Application of Animal Manure”, hubcap.clemson.edu
- Livestock manures are an important resource in sustainable and organic crop production. This publication addresses the problems and challenges of using both raw and composted manures and discusses some of the solutions. It also deals with guano. — “Manures for Organic Crop Production”,
- Manure Management and Air Quality at the University of Minnesota. — “Manure Management and Air Quality at the University of Minnesota”, manure.umn.edu
- Manure, contains nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and other nutrients When developing a manure by-product market is important to understand that manure is a necessary by-product of the livestock industry and it is. — “Composted manure is an excellent fertilizer”, eco-
related videos for manure
- bath in manure a bath in pig-manure with tight jeans
- Taylor Farms Display: Manure Song: Think in Rows (c) Kinze MFG Spreading hog manure down on the 1/64th scale model farm. This display brought 1st place in the junior division at the St Louis Gateway Toy Show Current tractor lineup 8440 4850 4455 4440 5020 Deautz 6260 The farm raises hogs in a farrow to finish operation. We currently have 2 20 crate farrowing barns with flex auger feed systems in them. We feed a high moisture corn a and protein mixture. W have 1600 acres of tillable farm land in north eastern Missouri. For more pictures my display and customs please go to /messageboard or
- "Water 'n Poo"...a song about nutrient management We hope you enjoy learning a little bit more about how our farm uses captured manure and gray water as fertilizer.
- Manure Management_2010.wmv Swine CAFOs create a lot of waste but what if that waste isn't waste at all. What if it is actually a nutrient rich byproduct that replaces petroleum-based fertilizers, cuts farm costs up to 75 percent per acre, and works toward rebuilding topsoil...Wait a minute, that's exactly what hog manure does. Get the scoop on pig poop.
- Spring Gardening Tips : Spring Gardening: Manure Manure is a great form of fertilizer because it quickly breaks down compost and ground. Farm and care for plants correctly and safely with these spring gardening preparation tips from an experienced farmer in this free video. Expert: Danny Botkin Bio: Danny Botkin "operates" an innovative, diversified homestead and organic micro-farm in central Franklin County called Laughing Dog Farm. Filmmaker: Christian Munoz-Donoso
- John Deere and New Holland pumping manure Our manure went out early this fall. The TS130a was on the pit pump and the 6200 ran the mixer. A Stationary JD pump fed the dragline.
- Manure! - Claire's Allotment Part 3 The joy of manure - how to get it, use it and spread it about! Third in a series featuring my two allotments.
- Agitating Liquid Manure Lagoon We are getting our lagoon spread this week by a custom spreader. Normally the lagoon is emptied on the farm it is located at, but this year we are having it trucked to the fields where we had our wheat. One could be applied with a dragline, but the other is too far. The tractors are our T7060 and TS130A, the manure equipment is the contractors. I'll post a video of the trucks filling and spreading tomorrow.
- Hairy Vetch as Green Manure
- Pequea Manure Spreader Watch as Pequea Manure Spreaders are field tested for quality... Pequea really stands behind their products.
- Massive Liquid Manure Spreader in Action with Injector Video compilation of a 10000USG Nuhn Quad Train in action. See for yourself why everyone loves this strong, articulating unit.
- Liverpool vs manure.mp4 Liverpool fc under 18
- Rabbit Manure Time to clean the cages. Moved the stock pile of rabbit manure to the garden and cover with black plastic to dry out for a couple of weeks.
- Ice Cream and Horse Manure Bobby Heenan announces Ric Flair's arrival in the WWF.
- Green manure - Claire's allotment part 86 When and how to use "green manure". The seeds I used, winter tares (Vetches) and grazing rye, were from the Pennard Plants Heritage and Heirloom seed collection Email: sales@
- Nuhn Manure Spreader Features - Adjustable Spread This video demonstrates the new Nuhn adjsutable spread plate. Slots allow the user to change the size of the discharge hole to create different pressures depending on their desired application rates.
- ::BB-100:: Burning Chicken Manure The Bio-Burner by LEI Products burning Chicken Manure mixed with dirty wood chips as one of many fuel options for heating your home shop or garage with the BB-100 (100k BTU burner/boiler)
- Manure fight Introducing Cari, Russel, and David to our family tradition of manure fights.
- Blooper - Red Skelton: Manure Red Skelton, live television, and a cow.
- Stoke City 2 1 Manure Utd 93/ 94 season Stoke City beat Man u 2-1 with two great goals from the Golden One
- Cow Horn Manure: Biodynamic Preparation 500 Mark Beaman assistant winemaker at Paul Dolan Vineyards, Dark Horse Ranch, discusses horn manure, also referred to as biodynamic preparation 500.
- Roots Manure - Norfolk Boy - Countryside Alliance Crew Following an afternoon of cider fuelled drinking, some members of the crew witness some of the more peculiar elements of the countryside.
- Scientology discovers manure tech While people were standing on the minimal area available at GOLD in Hemet, suddenly scientology decided they just had to plant trees where were and dump manure where we stood. This is just a small snippet. Taken Feb 12, 2010
- New Holland Agriculture -- DuraTank 3400S Manure Spreader The brand new DuraTank 3400S from New Holland Agriculture is a side discharge manure spreader and features 31 product improvements. It features the new offset 60-40 tandem axle, which provides that the front tire only carries 40% of the load. The new DuraTank models feature easy-access greasing points, automatic oil lubricated chains and active transport lining, which is a standard feature on all New Holland box spreaders and tank spreaders. The segmented auger flighting chops up long-stem bedded materials for easier release. DuraTank models feature right-hand side delivery, allowing easier and more precise control of the manure distribution. The DuraTank 3400S allows users to better measure their manure nutrients, improve their yields, and help reduce their dependence on expensive chemical fertilizers. All DuraTank models are available with the optional Digi-Star NT 460 Nutrient Tracker scale system. This system uses GPS technology combined with weigh cells to provide accurate weighing of material as it is distributed out of the machine. The advanced system allows the operator to control the flow of material, track the amount of material distributed, and generate maps of the location of spread manure. With a history of innovation in agricultural equipment, New Holland has been serving the needs of farmers and ranchers across North America for more than 110 years. New Holland manufactures a wide range of equipment, including a full line of tractors; hay and forage ...
- Manure Dump Lost a game forfeit was to receive a bucket of cow manure over the head - they did not say how big the bucket would be.
- 2 Nuhn Dual Tanker Liquid Manure Spreaders Spreading in Field 2 Nuhn 10000 US GAL Quad Trains working side by side spreading in the field.
- Bill Geist visits a Bookstore made from a Manure Tank CBS Sunday Morning's offbeat correspondent Bill Geist visits a very unusual bookstore near Princeton, Wisconsin. Lenore & Lloyd Dickmans' bookstore is set on a farm, and the books take up 12 buildings, one of which was built from a slurry tank that once brimmed with cow manure. They are voracious book-collectors, and my family has sold books to them before at the Princeton Flea Market in central Wisconsin.
- growing peas and green manure crops a good veg patch wastes nothing!
- composting horse manure Making composted Horse manure. I got some horse manure with horse bedding and I got some hay from a chicken coop hen house because I am using about 50% hay because I will be using this for mulching purposes as well as fertilizer I started the composting process with a plastic trashcan to speed up the process. A friend of mine recently told me about this says it can take as little as two weeks to composted. Because I'm using a lot of hay it will take longer.
- 20 Ft. Manure Spreader Kirby 20 Ft. Manure Spreader in Action!
- Making Simple Manure Tea for Blueberry Bushes Using horse manure to make a simple manure tea mixture for watering newly planted blueberry bushes.
- MULLERUP D70 / T70 / HYDROFLEX (manure removal systems) INTELLIGENT FEEDING, MANURE REMOVAL AND STRAW SPREADING: MULLERUP offers automatic feeding and manure removal systems plus straw spreading products for the modern farmer. Please visit
- AN ORGANIC FARM IN INDIA: Manure, Life and the Bio-fuel Miracle of the Cow I didn't actually know how the bio-fuel system worked, and I still don't, but I know a little more. Visiting this farm as a homestay was a grand experience in India. It also helped me understand the common sense of how and why, among a largely vegetarian populace, the cow came to be considered sacred. She is a profound symbol and means of sustainability, when treated with love and intelligence. At the very least she would have been, and may still be, vital. We also visited a small organic farm-based community at the end of our trip, Navadarshanam, which was gorgeous and slow, and the people lovely. The stunning music from Brijesh and Vivek is something I witnessed at a Christmas Eve concert in Fort Cochin, with, shockingly, only about twelve other people. It was jaw-dropping and inspiring I left the theatre in a heightened state of joy and wonder.
- Cow Manure To Energy AES in partnership with Renew Energy Systems has developed a range of proven technology solutions that allow ranchers and dairies to convert their manure into renewable energy. This segment offers a glimpse into the developmental process that has led to these cost savings programs. Not to be confused with Anaerobic Digetion, AES utilizes Gasification to directly convert the manures into energy for heating, cooling and/or electricity. AES & RES demonstrate in this video how cow manure can be densified, aka "briquetted" in order to add fuel value and to reduce the difficulty of managing the manure.
- I hate Manure Back to the future... Was that real manure? Just a funny scene :) The "Bif's Question Song" go check it out, so funny :)
- Caseih 9230 spreading manure Custom applicator's 9230 spreading beef manure on soybean stubble with dragline. A hose runs from the pit pump to the tractor to continuously feed manure to the spreader.
- Adding horse manure to the garden While trying to find other sources of fertilizer, a nice lady and her husband gave me a truck load of horse manure. I used the manure to side dress the peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini. The horse manure acts like a slow release fertilzier. organic, gardening, horse, manure, garden, fertilizer
- Swine Manure Digester Use of Lagoon Biogas for Incineration of Swine Mortalities in Morrilton, AR A joint effort between the Oklahoma and Arkansas Cooperative Extension Services funded by USDA-NFIA. Production services by Agricultural Communications Services, Oklahoma State University.
- Small Farm Manure Storages Small farms often face challenges in managing the manure produced by their animals. This video from Rutgers University highlights some of the options that are most readily available for smaller operations and covers siting, stockpiling, and manure use/utilization options.
- Green manure Discing in buckwheat green manure crop with my TEA20.
- Dairy Manure Dryer A patented process featuring a Triple Pass Rotary Drum Dryer and biomass burner for cattle bedding reclamation
- Two Men In A Bath Of Manure Steve and Nicky, from The Black Lion in Rhosllannerchrugog, near Wrexham, have a bath in manure for Children In Need.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about manure
“Manufacturer of the highest quality Pelletized Lime & Gypsum that works better than traditional ag lime and bulk gypsum. Providing solutions for problem soils”
— Chicken Manure Better when Pelletized,
“Daily blogs from the experts at BBC Gardeners' World. Gardeners World blog. Manure. Posted in Gardeners' musings by James Alexander-Sinclair at 4:55 pm on Tuesday 17 February 2009 43 Comments. I have just ordered a whopping great pile of manure”
— Manure | Gardeners' musings | Gardening Blog | Talk | BBC,
“West Seattle Blog - West Seattle news, information, and discussion, updated multiple times daily, 24/7/365 hehehe WSMom for some manure, I was going to suggest that you visit some of the political threads in this forum .but that wouldn\'t be nice,”
— West Seattle Blog,
“Read hundreds of free online books at How To, and be inspired by our guides. Thousands of pages of practical 'how to' information from our expert authors”
— manure " HowTo Books Blog,
“Forum Locked. Author. Topic. Garry. has any one put there alpaca manure on there pastures in the fall after they have taken there We currently compost our alpaca manure for 6-12 months, then plough it into the ground when we reseed an area”
— Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation - manure,
“Blog: Manure Tea-Organic Gardening - Sunday June 13, 2010 - By You can now grow all your indoor and outdoor garden plants naturally, with our Easy to Brew, Easy to Use manure tea there”
— The Blog Barn,
“Recently, Eugene posted about Mark and Michael Polish's latest film, the wonderfully titled Manure. The flick, which just went into production, stars”
— Ed Helms Digs Through the 'Manure' - The Moviefone Blog,
“A year on, what's happened to the contaminated manure story? Blog home. Contaminated manure: the backwash. Tweet this. Comments ( ) Contaminated manure is still proving a problem for some growers. Photograph: Mulsanne/Flickr/Some rights reserved. Last summer, growers were alarmed by the contamination”
— Contaminated manure: the backwash | Life and style | guardian,
“Mexico's earliest confirmed case of swine flu was a five-year-old boy named Edgar Hernandez of La Gloria, Perote Municipality, Veracruz State, Mexico,”
— Factory Farm "Manure Lagoons" Linked To Swine Flu Outbreak,
related keywords for manure
- manure spreader
- manure tea
- manure spreader for sale
- manure management
- manure fertilizer
- manure fork
- manure digester
- manure spreader parts
- manure manager
- manure vacuum
- manure spreader chain
- manure spreader trucks
- manure spreader prices
- manure spreader small
- manure spreader for atv
- manure spreader texas
- manure spreader craigslist
- manure spreader plans