- Closely related to tigers, lions, jaguars, snow leopards and clouded leopards, leopards are the most secretive and elusive of the large cats. Native to Africa and Southern Asia, leopards have proved themselves highly adaptable to both warm and. — “Leopards”,
- The Official Athletic Site of the Lafayette College Leopards, member of CBS College Sports Networks, Inc. The most comprehensive coverage of Lafayette College Athletics on the web. — “Official Athletic Site of the Lafayette College Leopards”,
- Leopards are one of Kenya's 'Big Cats' that also includes lions and cheetahs and the 'Big Five' that also includes lions, rhinos, elephants and buffaloes. Kenya offers infinite encounters with these cunning carnivores. — “Leopards - the Most Prized Kenya Safari Sighting”, kenya-travel-
- Snow leopards are solitary animals, it is rare to see two snow leopards together. Snow leopards mate in late winter, between January and mid-March. — “WWF - Snow leopard”,
- We are from Houston, Texas and are in our 13th year of competition in FIRST Robotics. The Leopards will be competing in the Bayou and Lone Star Regionals this year, and are excited to be seeing old friends again and looking forward to making new ones. — “Team 57 Leopards”, leopards57.com
- Leopards - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Leopards”,
- leopard n. A large, ferocious cat (Panthera pardus) of Africa and southern Asia, having either tawny fur with dark rosettelike markings or black fur. — “leopard: Definition from ”,
- There are subspecies of large leopards in Iran and West Africa and small subspecies in Somalia and Java. Leopards seldom become man-eaters but a number of often exagerated tales of killer leopards is sprinkled in the literature. — “Killer Big Cats :: Jessany”,
- Leopards come in a wide variety of coat colors, from a light buff or tawny in warmer, drier areas to a dark shade in deep forests. Dense bush in rocky surroundings and forest rivers are their favorite habitats, but leopards adapt to many places in both warm and cold climates. — “AWF: Wildlife: Leopard”,
- Get fun and interesting leopard facts in an easy-to-read style from the San Diego Zoo's Animal Bytes. Buy tickets online and plan a visit to the Zoo or Wild Animal Park. Enjoy games, animal cams and videos, and online shopping. — “San Diego Zoo's Animal Bytes: Leopard”,
- Leopards are either light colored (pale yellow to deep gold or tawny) with black rosettes The melanistic leopards, which are either all-black or very dark in. — “Leopard - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Leopards, like lions have been held in awe by generations of people across Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Although an infrequent human-killer, leopards elicit fear and dread among rural people whose domestic animals may be at risk to these predators. — “Leopards, Arabian, North Chinese, and Snow Leopards”,
- This article will provide information about US zoos that have clouded leopards. Elusive Snow Leopards at the Rochester Zoo. By Liz July 22, 2010. Cat lovers flocked to Seneca Park Zoo to see the newest animal members: a pair of young snow leopards. — “Leopards - Topic - Associated Content from Yahoo!”,
- Buy leopards at BizRate, the best price comparison search engine on the web. Shop, compare and save when you buy online. — “leopards - Online Shopping at BizRate. Black Friday Deals 2010”,
- Leopards have inhabited Mumbai and the surrounding areas of Maharashtra since time immemorial as an integral part of the landscape. Until fairly recently (in the last decade), when the habitat in the area, which consists primarily of scrub jungle abundant with small prey. — “Leopards | Wildlife SOS”,
- Leopards live in quite a variety of habitats, such as rainforests, cliffs, swampy forests and rocky mountain areas right up to the snow line. Leopards are about 2 metres long from the nose to the tip of the tail. — “Leopards and Panthers”, .au
- Black leopards are reported from moist densely-forested areas in south-western China, With this exception the leopards of all Africa, and of India, Ceylon and Malaysia, are. — “MUTANTLEOPARDS”,
- Because they are so stealthy, leopards can live very close to and often hunt in suburban areas. In the Kalahari desert female leopards will use aardvark burrows as a den site(Bailey 1993). — “leopards”, bio.davidson.edu
- Leopards (Panthera pardus) are one of the four 'big cats' of the genus Panthera. Most leopards are light tan or fawn with black rosettes, but their coat color is highly variable. — “Leopards - info and games”,
- A Species Under ThreatThe leopard (Panthera pardus) is the smallest of the four "big cats" after the tiger, lion and jaguar. Leopards are the most versatile of big cats and occupy all habitats from the Congo rainforest to true deserts. — “Panthera | Leopards”,
- Leopard Facts, Leopard Photos, Black Panther photos, Leopard Sounds and Leopard Stories at the world's largest big cat sanctuary. — “Leopard”,
- Leopards show a great diversity in physical appearance, particularly because of the wide Melanistic leopards are particularly common on the Malayan Peninsula: early reports. — “Leopard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Clouded leopard behavior, adaptations, habitat, and taxonomy Little is known about the wild behavior of clouded leopards due to their extremely secretive nature. — “About the Clouded Leopard”,
- Learn all you wanted to know about leopards with pictures, videos, photos, facts, and news from National Geographic. — “Leopards, Leopard Pictures, Leopard Facts - National Geographic”,
related videos for leopards
- leopard vs man leopard has a strange way of saying thanks
- Searching for the Snow Leopard National Geographic photographer Steve Winter is picking up top honors for his images of the elusive snow leopard. Follow along as he sets camera traps in the remote mountains of northern India.
- SNOW LEOPARD Species Spotlight - Big Cat TV The snow leopard is one of natures most beautiful but very reclusive animals. The Snow Leopard Trust is leading the way to eduate people on this magnificent feline. Big Cat Rescue is proud to be a huge supporter of the trust. Watch and learn how you can help save the snow leopard. For more info about BIG CAT RESCUE visit Find us on FACEBOOK MYSPACE: TWITTER: DONATE: THANK YOU!
- Leopard cubs grow up in African safari - BBC wildlife The leopard cubs have grown and that leads to stresses between a mother and her cub in this clip from Big Cat Diary. Hunting techniques from Africa's cutest and most deadly predators. From the BBC.
- Leopard and Hyena Encounter at Wildearth.tv Exciting morning drive on January 7, 2010 that included leopards Karula (mom) and her young male cubs Induna, and Mixo. Tree was not big enough for more than one leopard, so they took their turn dining on an impala. Hyenas were present due to the scent of food. Watch part of the adventure where the interaction between the two leopard cubs resulted in one leopard having an encounter with the hyenas. Marc Weiner presenting, Pieter Pretorius on camera.
- Leopards vs zebra - BBC wildlife The crew tell the story of a young adult cheetah and her mother. From the BBC.
- Eye of the Leopard One of nature's most extraordinary cats can still be found deep in the flooded marshlands of a place called Mombo, in Botswana's Okavango Delta. An ultimate predator, nearly silent, at times invisible, but when one can get close enough, always strikingly beautiful. Within this harsh environment, the leopard continues to flourish. One day, under the watchful eyes of two humans, emerged one particular cat with a birthmark that distinguishes her from all others -- and they nicknamed her Legadema or "Light from the Sky." When Legadema first wobbled her way into the sunlight at only eight days old, Dereck and Beverly Joubert, the award-winning husband-and-wife filmmakers and National Geographic Explorers-in-Residence, were there. Over the next three years, they captured a remarkably intimate and gripping story of survival in wild, unspoiled Africa. Eye of the Leopard takes viewers on an enthralling journey deep into the rarely seen lives of leopards. It is a journey of birth, life and death as a mother leopard and her first surviving cub of six, fight off marauding baboons and elude scavenging hyenas in a constant struggle for survival. Documenting her experiences in incredible detail, the Jouberts took great pains not to interfere in the leopards' wild existence. They tracked the early formative experiences that armed her for the future, and her mother's deliberate stealth, evading detection by a gauntlet of predators that could claim her cub. We watch as Legadema ...
- Shearwater - The Snow Leopard Shearwater's "The Snow Leopard" set to video of actual snow leopards as documented by the television show Planet Earth.
- Cute Baby Snow Leopards at Woodland Park Zoo Zookeepers Deanna Ramirez and Pat Owen weigh and check a male and female snow leopard cub born in Seattle at Woodland Park Zoo on on May 25, 2009. Four weeks of age in the video. Produced by Ryan Hawk
- Louisville Leopard Percussionists Promotional Video Music educators, municipal and business leaders, musicians and others talk about the Louisville Leopard Percussionists directed by Diane Downs. Heartwarming footage of dedicated youngsters from Louisville, Kentucky - ages 7 to 12 - learning to play great music together in focused training sessions, at rehearsal, and of course thrilling audiences with their electrifying live concert gigs. Features Harry Pickens, Jerry Tolson, Dan Dorff, and more!
- Bornean clouded leopard Scientists have discovered that the clouded leopard found on the islands of Borneo and Sumatra is an entirely new species of cat.
- Wild snow leopard hunting - This amazing footage of a snow leopard hunting in the wild is from the documentary "Silent Roar: Searching for the Snow Leopard." The Snow Leopard Trust would like to thank filmmaker Hugh Miles and WNET for allowing us to make this footage available. For more video of snow leopards in the wild, visit
- Baby Snow Leopard Star of Tokyo Zoo Yukichi paid no attention to cameramen and visitors gathered outside his enclosure to take pictures as he frolicked and tumbled around his mother. [Rei Ohkoshi, Zoo Visitor]: "We are very lucky to see this cute little cub today. [Tamaki Ohkoshi, Reis Son]: "It's tiny small... tiny small. Some zoo visitors came especially to see the snow leopard cub. [Mitsuko Aoki, Zoo Visitor]: "I heard about the new born snow leopard cub a few days ago and took a day-off just to see the cute animal." Snow leopards have stocky bodies with short legs and stubby ears to minimize heat loss in the cold mountain ranges of Central Asia. Its short legs allow the snow leopard to leap as far as 46 feet from ambush. They also help to distribute the animals weight while walking on snow. When fully grown, Yukichi could weigh up to 120 pounds with a tail nearly the same length as his body. But for now, hes just a very cute cub. [Aiko Sasaki, Caretaker, Tama Zoo]: "Snow leopards' eyes are blue until four months after their birth before they turn to yellow. So, right now is the best time to see the charming blue eyes of the cub." Yukichi was named after one of the founders of modern Japan. The Yuki in its name also means snow in Japanese.
- Honey Badger & Leopard Honey Badger steal Leopard's food
- Zoo Medicine Behind the Scenes: Snow Leopard Cubs Veterinarian and zookeeper staff at Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo perform a 6 week exam on a male and female snow leopard cub. Produced by Ryan Hawk.
- Baby Snow Leopards Animals just don't come any cuter than a pair of snow leopard cubs. Awww...
- Leopard stealth and camouflage - BBC wildlife A leopard provides a perfect example of her camouflage skills. So efficient is she that the crew decide it might be easier to film the prey! From the BBC.
- COOL CATS - Tigers, Snow Leopards The Amur or Siberian tiger has no problem living in a very cold part of Russia. Winter months can be a snowy and chilly -10 to -40 degrees Fahrenheit! This agriculture area of Russia is filled with coal, iron ore, limestone, and mineral springs, so we must do our best to not disturb the tigers habitat in mankinds desire for its riches. Recent DNA studies show the extinct Caspian Tiger is pretty much the Siberian tiger of today as only one nucleotide separates them. The beautiful snow leopard also has some harsh climates it calls home. Cold temperatures along with high elevations in countries like Mongolia and Kazakhstan and war torn places like Afghanistan make researching this animal very difficult. Snow Leopards on You Tube: Other Cool Cats= The Amur Leopard may be down to only 30 or so in the wild. It shares some of its habitat in the Amur region with Tigers. Amur Leopards on You Tube: Pallas Cats inhabit the Asian steppes (-40 degrees at worse!) living up to heights of 13000 feet (4000m). It is a smaller cat and even though it is now protected in China its numbers are falling due to health issues. The housecat sized endangered Andean Mountain Cat has to deal with freezing nights in winter on its South American mountain homes in areas like Peru, Chile, and Bolivia. Like most lesser cats it is nocturnal and not much is known about its true population numbers. Please visit these informative sites for more info and easy ways to help- 21st ...
- Dog Lives With Leopard. And Piglet. An unusual tale of a dog, a leopard cub, and a piglet - who all live together.
- Amur Leopard Amur leopard (Panthera pardus orientalis), also known as the Far East leopard, the Manchurian leopard or the Korean leopard. They are the rarest cat on the planet. Currently there are estimated 25 to 34 individuals survive in the wild, with only 6 females left! you can help save this beautiful animal! spread the news! make people aware! ---------------------------------------- This footage was taken from BBC Documentary "Planet Earth" S01E01
- Windows User's Guide To Mac OS X Leopard For more guides & tips head to: Being new to OS X, I decided to make this video showing all the things I have learned while using the Operating System. If I have made a mistake or missed anything out please leave a response or comment, thanks! feel free to follow me on twitter
- Night Hunting - Natural World 2009-2010: Secret Leopards - Preview - BBC Two More about this programme: As night falls, a female leopard uses the darkness as her cover as she begins to hunt. Her concentration on the prey ahead is total, even a moth trying to drink moisture from her eye doesn't break her focus. But the ever vigilant impala are too alert and jump away in the nick of time as she approaches. Wildebeest calves are less vigilant and the night offers all the help she needs.
- BIG CAT HALLOWEEN! !!!Watch TIGERS, LEOPARDS, LYNX Destroying their Halloween Pumpkins!!! Each year we are lucky enough to receive left over pumpkins from stores after halloween, pumpkins are a great source of enrichment for our cats, as well as a great source of entertainment for the staff and volunteers at Big Cat Rescue! All the cats love to play, eat and generally demolish the pumpkins, providing them with hours of entertainment, watch as we show you what they get up to when they are given one of their favourite treats! For more info about BIG CAT RESCUE visit: Find us on FACEBOOK MYSPACE: TWITTER: DONATE: PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND RATE... THANK YOU!
- Leopards Leopards Big Cat Diary
- Clouded Leopards A video I made using a bunch of random video clips and photos of clouded leopards. The song is The Glade by Joel McNeely and is off of the Last Of The Mohicans soundtrack. Join me in making a difference for charity by adding SocialVibe to your profile. Its free and easy!
- Chimps Attacking Leopard A group of chimpanzees attacking an artificial leopard...
- Meet the LEOPARDS of Big Cat Rescue! We have 14 Leopards living at Big Cat Rescue, snow leopards, black leopards and golden leopards. Supposedly the smartest of the big cats and definitely the most fun! Take a look at our leopards in action or not in some cases! For more info about BIG CAT RESCUE visit: Find us on FACEBOOK MYSPACE: TWITTER: DONATE: PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND RATE... THANK YOU!
- Leopard hunts for cubs - BBC wildlife Shadow the leopard is on the run to keep her two week old cubs away from danger. From the BBC.
- Snow Leopard KITTENS! Cute baby snow leopard kittens, Gobi (male) and Batu (female) explore the outdoor exhibit at Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo for the first time with their mother, Helen. They are now on view at the zoo, along with male Tom, and female Nadia. Produced by Ryan Hawk Music available: bit.ly
- BLACK LEOPARD - Eye Surgery! !!! WARNING !!! Contains images of GRAPHIC eye surgery. Bagheera our oldest black leopard has her eye removed due to the pain associated with her glaucoma, Bagheera is a former pet and was rescued by BCR in 1995. Bagheera had also been declawed and it was the intention of her owners to keep her as a pet. As usually happens, this plan just didnt work out. When they moved, they had no room for their leopards. How sad that people refuse to think of the long term consequences of impulsive decisions like buying an exotic animal to raise as a pet. It rarely works out for the owners, and definitely not for the animals involved. Though she was bottle fed, she is definitely not tame enough to handle safely. Formore info about BIG CAT RESCUE visit: Find us on FACEBOOK MYSPACE: TWITTER: DONATE: THANK YOU! If you text TIGER to 20222 *A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Standard messaging/data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of the Big Cat Rescue by the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to short code 20222; HELP to 20222 for help.
- leopard print lips tutorial This look originally done for photgraphy purposes only, and is best featured at upclose range. It is NOT a look I wear out. I suppose it would work for halloween or animal themed occasions :) or if you just really like leopards! However, it's not something i deem wearable and is geared more just for the creative and artistic side of makeup. Lips are often forgotten! music: WAS kill hannah - lips like morphine. Don't know what it is now.
- Lions, Tigers, Leopards - BIG CAT CAMP! Children 8 to 15 years old are invited to explore the great outdoors with 130+ big cats of every size, color and purrsonality. While participating in educational activities campers enjoy meeting lions, tigers, leopards and many other felines. Join us for outdoor exploration on our 45 acre campus while learning about animal habitats, diets, adaptations and conservation. Interactive learning opportunities include diet preparation, scavenger hunts and keeper demonstrations of feedings and behavioral training with the cats. For more information please visit: For more info about BIG CAT RESCUE visit: Find us on FACEBOOK MYSPACE: TWITTER: DONATE: THANK YOU!
- Big Cats: Lifestyles of Leopards Leopards like to be left alone. Unless of course, it's mating season. See All National Geographic Videos
- Leopards Helping Tigers! CONSERVATION CANINES...A comprehensive non-invasive sampling method using detection dogs to simultaneously acquire scat samples from multiple species and guilds. When Big Cat Rescue were asked to participate in a program to help save tigers we jumped at the chance! The Center for Conservation Biology at the University of Washington developed the scat detection dog program in 1997 and they needed scat samples from our asian leopards in order to train their Conservation Canines before heading out to Cambodia to collect data! We're never short of leopard poop at the sanctuary and two of our senior keepers set about bagging and tagging a week's worth of leopard scat to ship up to Washington to help train the dogs. The dogs Scooby and Sadie are doing a great job out in the field and the program is going well, this is another way that Big Cat Rescue can help not just captive big cats but conservation projects around the world! Conservation Canines Fan Page: The Center for Conservation Biology at the University of Washington's WEBSITE: Footage of the work In Cambodia provided by Voice of America / Daniel Schearf Formore info about BIG CAT RESCUE visit: Find us on FACEBOOK MYSPACE: TWITTER: DONATE: THANK YOU! If you text TIGER to 20222 *A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Standard ...
- Wild leopard hunting - BBC wildlife Two wild leopards roam among the African wildlife. Jamie Theakston and the Big Cat Diary team pay their respects to their two favourite leopards. Cip taken from BBC Big Cat Uncut. Watch more Big Cat Uncut clips with BBC Worldwide here:
- The Animals Save the Planet - Leopards Hate Litter "Don't you just hate it when someone else's rubbish ruins your lunch break." Help the animals save their planet and ours, use recycle bins! NEW - Become a fan of Animal Planet on Facebook!
- Mountain Goat vs Snow Leopard Snow leopard chases goat on a mountain...
- (1/6) Snow Leopard of Pakistan - Beyond the Myth Nisar Malik, a Pakistani journalist along with cameraman Mark Smith, spent 18 months following this most enigmatic of animals. Thus eventually gaining valuable insights into the day to day life of the snow leopards. Set in the wilds of the Hindu Kush, this film profiles a much misunderstood part of the world, going beyond the myth to tell the snow leopard's real story. Part 1: Part 2: Part 3: Part 4: Part 5: Part 6:
- Double Leopards Nightmare Before Christmas ATP dec 06 Double Leopards Nightmare Before Christmas ATP All Tomorrows Parties minehead curated by Thurston Moore dec 06
- *RARE - Snow Leopard HELLO! !!!WATCH THIS RARE FOOTAGE OF A SNOW LEOPARD "CHUFFING" HELLO TO BIG CAT KEEPERS!!! Even though Snow Leopards are classed as a greater cat just like the lion and tiger, it cannot roar like it's relatives! They can hiss, mew, growl, wail and chuff however, watch this rare footage of HERCULES our male Snow Leopard chuffing at his BCR friends! Learn more about the Snow Leopard here: Hercules info: * Thanks to Jessica Nicholas for the footage of Hercules chuffing :) Formore info about BIG CAT RESCUE visit: Find us on FACEBOOK MYSPACE: TWITTER: DONATE: THANK YOU! If you text TIGER to 20222 *A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Standard messaging/data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of the Big Cat Rescue by the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to short code 20222; HELP to 20222 for help.
- The Snow Leopard Stunning clip of a rare female Snow Leopard in action
- Ultimate Animal Moms - Leopard Mothers Watch more at Watch baby leopards learn from their mothers.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about leopards
“Snow Leopards Visit the North Pole (Sort of) Wildlife photographer Farzin and polar explorer Inge traveled to You're in the right place: Snow leopard blog has new look”
— Snow Leopard Blog " Blog Archive " Snow Leopards Visit the,
“Snow leopard conservation is important here in Xinjiang, China and this blog is dedicated to bringing the freshest news about that effort”
— " Xinjiang Snow Leopards New Blog Link | Xinjiang: Far West China,
“Saving Snow Leopards Blog 1st birthday. This snow leopard blog is now one year old! Thankyou Sibylle, for all of your efforts in creating this blog for all to enjoy about Snow Leopards and their conservation”
— Snow leopard blog celebrates first birthday,
“Blog > Tags > leopards. Blog Tag leopards. Has Apple lost its Grip. Published by Myles Tags apple, leopards, suse, mac, and ubuntu. It seems like Wired thinks that Steve Jobs”
— Myles Braithwaite: Blog Tag leopards,
“Hello everybody it's Juliana and you've might of read my other blogs and this is my blog post about Snow Leopards (and there such cute wild animals besides”
— Blog Post about Snow Leopards | Room 229, 229grade5
“Yorkshire Leopards Cricket club South Yorkshire”
— Forum - Yorkshire Leopards,
“Leopards are usually solitary animals, they only come together to mate. Luckily on this day we caught a couple in the act”
— Leopards Mating: Challenges and Galleries Forum: Digital,
“Wild Leopards on Human Killing Spree in Bombay Forum Topic Leopards have killed 14 people during the last year and 10 people in the last month alone in Bombay”
— Wild Leopards on Human Killing Spree in Bombay,
related keywords for leopards
- leopards facts
- leopards habitat
- leopards chase
- leopard's bane
- leopards for kids
- leopards pictures
- leopard's diet
- leopards food
- leopards predators
- leopards eat
- leopards facts for kids
- leopards facts and pictures
- leopards facts pictures
- leopards facts habitats
- leopards facts photos
- leopards facts com
- leopards facts and information
- leopards facts about endangered
- leopards facts children
- leopards facts rainforest
similar for leopards
- prey selection
- panthera pardus
- black leopards
- spotted leopards
- female leopard
- big cats
- national geographic
- clouded leopard
- clouded leopards
- the snow leopard
- animal bytes
- san diego
- snow leopards
- endangered species
- climb trees
- leopard cubs
- wild cats
- black panther
- canine teeth
- yellow fur
- eat meat
- large cats
- cold climates
- human settlement
- big cat
- amur leopard
- cat rescue
- anatolian leopard
- large black
- protected areas
- square kilometres
- large family
- southern thailand
- free encyclopedia