- WPZ Animal Fact Sheets - Red-ruffed Lemur. — “Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle, WA - Red-ruffed Lemur Fact Sheet”,
- The smallest is the Pygmy Mouse Lemur (weighing 30 grams) and the largest is the Indri (weighing 10 kilos) The Ring-tailed Lemur, called Maki by the Malagasy (which is what people of Madagascar. — “Lemurs”, .au
- Lemurs: Physical Description, Communication, Conservation and Habitat Physical Description: The lemur is a kind of primate, which means it is related to apes and humans. — “Lemurs: Physical Description, Communication, Conservation and”,
- Ask the person next to you what a lemur is and he or she may not even know it's an animal. Lemurs are primates, an order that includes monkeys, apes and humans. — “Madagascar -- A World Apart: Creature Features”,
- The lemurs, carnivores and tenrecs, representing 5/6 of the country's mammals are extinct from the rest of the world because they has remained isolated from Africa until the present day. Madagascar has been described as a "world apart" because of the uniqueness of its animal and plant species. — “Lemurs - Mgias”,
- But it is the lemur that is Madagascar's wildlife ambassador. Lemurs are among a primate classification called prosimians. Having evolved some 65 million years ago, prosimians are the oldest living primates in. — “Lemurs - Conservation International”,
- Lemurs (pronounced /ˈliːmər/ us dict: lē′·mər) are a clade of strepsirrhine primates endemic to the island of Madagascar. They are named after the lemures (ghosts or spirits) of Roman mythology due to the ghostly vocalizations, reflective eyes, and the nocturnal habits of some species. — “Lemur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- The ring-tailed lemurs roam an interactive playground featuring roots, large branches and The red-ruffed lemurs stay inside a temperature-controlled enclosure featuring a large. — “At the Museum | North Carolina Museum of Life and Science”,
- Black and White ruffed lemurs are one of the few primates that may have litters of up to six offspring. All lemurs are endangered species and are being pressured by land development, human poaching, and by natural predators (such as the Fossa). — “raccoons on steroids,”, cvm.missouri.edu
- Lemurs (ˈliːmər ) are a clade of strepsirrhine primates endemic to the island of Madagascar. Lemurs arrived in Madagascar around 62 to 65 mya by rafting on mats of vegetation at a time when ocean currents favored oceanic dispersal to the island. — “Lemurs”,
- Ringtail Lemurs: females and males available, proven breeders available 1500.00 each Lemurs. Lemurs: We currently have baby Ringtail Lemurs available. — “Lemurs”,
- Unique creatures native to the island of Madagascar, lemurs attract our attention with their mysterious nature and bright, round eyes. With a name derived from the Latin word for 'ghost,' lemurs are a link to ancient primates and are known as. — “Lemurs: Ghosts of the Forest”, lemurs.us
- The animals at the Duke Lemur Center consist exclusively of prosimian primates. These are the primates that evolved before monkeys and apes, and are representative of the early primates that existed fifty million years ago. — “Duke Lemur Center Animals | Duke Lemur Center”, lemur.duke.edu
- Notes and images of lemurs, updated from the Canadian Museum of Nature's Natural History Notebooks series. — “Lemurs: Natural History Notebooks”, nature.ca
- Lemurs are a special group of primates found only on Madagascar and the Comoro Islands. Lemurs are prosimians, or primative primates. They are social animals with long limbs, flexible. — “Lemurs”,
- Distribution and Habitat Today, lemurs survive only on the island of Madagascar off the southeast coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean, and on the neighboring Comores Islands. Brought to you by the National Zoo| FONZ. — “Primates: Lemurs - National Zoo| FONZ”, nationalzoo.si.edu
- Lemur is the common name for any of the prosimian primates belonging to the infraorder Lemuriformes, which comprises the families Lemuridae (lemurs), Lepilemuridae (sportive lemurs), Indriidae (woolly lemurs), and Cheirogaleidae (dwarf lemurs and mouse lemurs). — “Lemur - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Madagascar is world-famous for its lemurs—primates that look something like a cat crossed with a squirrel and a dog. Instead, their niche has been filled by an older group of primates, the lemurs. — “Lemurs of Madagascar”,
- Remember group of cute and cuddly animals from animated movie 'Madagascar'? Read on to know some interesting facts about lemurs Lemurs Facts. — “Lemurs Facts”,
- Lemurs vary greatly in size and appearance. The pygmy mouse lemur, for example, looks like a mouse and weighs about as much as a slice of bread, 30 g. It is the smallest species of lemur. The largest lemur, the indri, is about the size and weight of a large house cat, 7 kg. — “Lemurs”,
- lemur n. Any of several small arboreal, mostly nocturnal primates chiefly of the family Lemuridae of Madagascar and adjacent islands, having large. — “lemur: Definition from ”,
related videos for lemurs
- Lady Mouse Lemur Punches Mate in the Face - Madagascar, Land of Heat and Dust - BBC Two More about this programme: With only one chance a year to mate, male mouse lemurs are competitive, but females are still choosy. Narrated by David Attenborough.
- Minus The Bear - Lemurs, Man, Lemurs
- In The Wild : Cleese With Lemurs 2/7 www.8 Operation Lemur John Cleese in Madagascar, Part 2 of 7.
- Leapin' Lemurs! Sifaka lemurs leaping and locomoting in Madagascar. From "Weird Nature: Marvelous Motion" (BBC)
- Jazzmutant Lemur Day 3 with my Jazzmutant lemur. I am using Reason 4 and Ableton Live. I modified the Bumbalizer template and I am using a custom mixer with clip manipulator
- Lemurs Cute film of lemurs with soundtrack 'I like to move it' by Five Alive.
- The Dramatic Lemur Original The Dramatic Lemur/Tarsier
- Singing indri lemur Singing indri lemur in Mitsinjo Forest near Perinet. The indri pictured is feeding; the indri call was recorded earlier in the day. The indri's song has compared to that of the humpback whale. It can be heard more than 2 miles away
- Lemurs of Madagascar (Primates) - PREVIEW Purchase: This video demonstrates the range of lemurs present in Madagascar and to show as many as possible of them in their natural habitats. Footage of 9 species is included, covering 4 of the lemur families as well as 3 subspecies of brown lemur and two types of variegated lemur. Some animals were filmed in captivity and some in the wild. In this video we are provided with a wealth of information about size, habitat, range, ***ual dimorphism, diet, and communication patterns. It can be used as a summary of the main families of lemurs, or a basis of comparison between prosimian and higher primates. The zoo footage of the rare Daubentonia-madagascarensis is among the first to be released. These animals have only been in research centers for a very short time and were only briefly filmed in the wild previous to that. The animals included in this video are the Indri, the brown lemur (3 subspecies) the red bellied lemur, the ring tail lemur, the grey gentle lemur, the variegated (ruffed) lemur (2 subspecies), the dwarf lemur, the brown mouse lemur and the aye aye. a video by Anne Zeller from the Primates series distributed by Documentary Educational Resources
- Mouse Lemur A mouse lemur - a small primitive primate from Madagascar, recovering from anesthesia at a zoo - it's all worth it for the banana.
- Red-Ruffed Lemur Group Shriek What an ear-ful! The red-ruffed lemur matriarch at the Bronx Zoo's Madagascar! exhibit is named "Pea***," but that noisy bird has nothing on this group's volume. Shrieking is a regular part of the red-ruff's repertoire. But even zookeepers aren't sure what exactly causes it, and the chorus stops as suddenly as it begins!
- Cute ringtailed lemur eating Really cute footage of ringtailed lemurs eating at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- Ring-Tailed Lemurs at the Bronx Zoo http That's not a cat's meow, it's one of the ring-tailed lemurs wide variety of calls. This busy group of females leaps through the spiny forest and plays follow-the-leader.
- In The Wild : Cleese With Lemurs 1/7 www.8 Operation Lemur John Cleese in Madagascar, Part 1 of 7.
- OMG cat meets the Dramatic Lemur Get OMG cat t-shirts, badges and stuff here: Couldn't resist editing the cats expression against the Dramatic Lemur... NOW CHECK OUT THE EVEN MORE DRAMATIC AND EPIC SEQUEL: #1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Pets & Animals 24/03/2010 This the original location of the video, as you can see by the end, all other copies on youtube except on my backup account mrturnersworld are copies.
- Remarkable 'Dog-faced' Lemurs Leap Through Jungle - Madagascar, Preview - BBC Two More about this programme: The animals in this clip are Indris, one of the largest species of lemur. They are descendents of primitive mammals that once washed in from the African mainland, and are unique to Madagascar. Narrated by David Attenborough.
- Lemur gets high Drug use happens in the animal world.
- The Lemurs - Breaking You Down The Lemurs. Live at The Mohawk, Austin TX. Nov 1, 2006.
- Animal Week - Lemurs Click on the link above for more info on today's episode! Welcome to Rocketboom's Animal Week! Today Molly tells us all about lemurs! Ring-tailed Lemur Madagascar Lemur Strepsirrhini Coquerel's Sifaka Sifaka Aye-aye Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more Rocketboom Daily with Molly! Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates! Join us on Facebook for behind the scenes pics and videos!
- Madagascar's Cute Lemurs Music Video From our TV series Before It's Too Late - Madagascar Island Ark
- Black lemur on drugs - BBC wildlife Is it possible that the Black Lemurs in Madagascar use milipedes for something other than insect repellent? See one very relaxed Lemur and come to your own conclusions. Free wildlife video clip from the BBC.
- Cute lemur slow loris This animal is not mine. I AM AGAINST MAKING LEMURES AS A PET. But I love them, I think they are so cute! Tthis is a Pygmy Slow Loris. If you want to learn more about lemures visit: lemur.duke.edu www.loris-
- Dancing lemur One of those amazing Madagascan lemurs
- AYE-AYE at DUKE LEMUR CENTER Meet the Duke Lemur Center aye-aye. Babies, adults, we have them all. Please help save them by voting at . We want to know everything there is to know about lemurs, so we can do everything possible to save these endangered animals. They're adorable. See for yourself!
- Black Lemur on Drugs? - Cousins - BBC Is it possible that the Black Lemurs in Madagascar use these creatures for something other than insect repellent? See one very chilled out lemur and come to your own conclusions. Visit for all the latest animal news and wildlife videos and watch more high quality videos on the new BBC Earth YouTube channel here
- PLANET EARTH -- Madagascar Lemurs
- Duke Lemur Center - What we are about. Dr. Anne Yoder, Director of the Duke Lemur Center shares her vision.
- Cute Lemurs Cross Razor-Sharp Cliffs - Madagascar, Preview - BBC Two More about this programme: Crowned lemurs navigate the razor sharp rocks separating isolated forest pockets. Narrated by David Attenborough.
- Ravaging Lemurs, Madagascar www.8 Bamboo & Brown Lemur in hotel Aye Aye, Mananara.
- Flying lemurs mating in the forests of Borneo A male flying lemur scampers around a tree trunk and mounts the female. Some serious biting and screaming follows, along with a few affectionate kisses as the evening's business draws to a close. Following the mating ritual, the female lifts its kite-shaped tail and takes a fruity dump, revealing a tiny baby clinging to its belly. The flying lemur's tail is joined to its hind limbs which allows it to glide from tree to tree. This clip was shot at Bako National Park in Sarawak, Malaysia where flying lemurs are commonly seen around the chalets at the park headquarters. During the day the flying lemurs cling to the side of trees, as darkness falls they become active and launch gliding forays into the rainforest.
- Madagascar's Dancing Lemurs ( cartoon vs. real lemurs ) Madagascar's Dancing Sifaka Lemurs. Used as part of a countries project in Mr Cutler's grade 6 class. A comparison of real vs cartoon lemurs dancing.
- St. Catherines Island Wildlife Survival Center: The Ring-tailed Lemurs They came from Madagascar and are nearly extinct
- Cute Newborn Lemurs A pair of Ring-tailed Lemurs are born at Ramat Gan Zoo in Israel.
- Feeding Lemurs at Primarily Primates We were so fortunate to get to do this. Special thanks to Priscilla, Stephen, Danny and the staff at Primarily Primates. For more information about PPI, please visit
- CNN: Amazing Animals: Lemurs are incredibly intelligent When you think of super-smart animals, do lemurs come to mind? CNN's Randi Kaye discovers more about the primates.
- Duke University Professor Explains Why So Many Lemur Species Duke University Lemur Center Director Anne Yoder explains why so many groups of lemurs have recent been classified, sometimes incorrectly, as new species.
- Angry Lemur
- Little Baby Lemurs Meet some CUTE little baby ruffed lemurs.
- Madagascar's Dancing Lemurs These are some of the real animals from the movie Madagascar, also featured in our multi award winning wildlife documentary series Before It's Too Late. If you like this check out our Before It's Too Late play list.
- LEMUR musical robots featured in Pat Metheny's Orchestrion LEMUR: League of Electronic Musical Urban Robots is proud to announce that over 40 of its robotic musical instruments are featured on Pat Metheny's Orchestrion album and tour. This is the culmination of a collaboration between LEMUR, a group of artists who create robotic musical instruments, and the 17-time Grammy winning guitarist. LEMUR produced an orchestra of instruments for Metheny, including GuitarBots (LEMUR's specially-invented robotic slide guitars), mallet instruments (marimba, vibes and bells comprising over 100 beaters) and a large array of drums and percussion. Like LEMUR's previously created instruments, these are computer-controlled mechanized acoustic musical instruments which can perform music by and with human musicians. LEMUR's instruments, augmented with instruments by other roboticists, comprise the Orchestrion, a robotic orchestra entirely under Metheny's compositional and improvisational control.
- Tree Spirits: Flying Lemurs Learn about one of nature's most unusual creatures. Also called Colugo, a primitive gliding mammal found only in Southeast Asia and some on the Philippine Islands. Flying Lemurs resemble large flying squirrels, as they are arboreal climbers and gliders that have webbed feet with claws.
- Dilbert: Drunken Lemurs and Payroll Management Video by Scott Adams Dilbert philosophizes with the garbage man and discovers pest problem in the legacy system. In Drunken Lemurs, Dilbert says, 'Why does it seem that most of the decisions in my workplace are made by drunken lemurs?' Garbageman says, 'Decisions are made by people why have time, not people who have talent.' Dilbert says, 'Why are talented people so busy?' Garbageman says, 'They're fixing the problems made by people who have time.' In Payroll Management, Dilbert, Squirrels, Boss, Dilbert says I found a family of squirrels living inside our legacy system they control our payroll database they're making demands Squirrel says leave the acorns and no one will get their deductions increased.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about lemurs
“In this week's Dilbert, Wally is fired for posting a comic that calls managers drunken lemurs. There's some background to that story, in case you missed it yesterday on Good Morning America. http:///GMA/WaterCooler/story?id=4323900”
— The Dilbert Blog: Drunken Lemurs Strike Back,
“Lemurs Unite: The Troop Blog. Smartest iPhone User in the World Also Most Generous I nearly had a coronary when I finally saw that the lemurs were Solution redacted for your safety)”
— Lemurs Unite,
“The plan was to go to Madagascar and go for a bike tour. Sounds simple enough, but before we get to the fun that was had, let’s look at things that might maybe considered red flags for this trip”
— Bikes, Lemurs, and Tsingy... Oh MY,
“The Portal for the Conservation of Africa's Flora and Fauna - ACF works to preserve Africa's wildlife by supporting, linking and conducting conservation projects throughout the continent.. Lemurs - Ambassadors for Madagascar (1/1) - African”
— Lemurs - Ambassadors for Madagascar - African Conservation Forums,
“Animal Fact Guide's Wildlife blog features amazing animal photos, videos, and news. A pair of red-ruffed lemurs have been born at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay”
— Baby Lemurs Born at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay " Animal Fact,
“Sifakas, Indri & Wolly Lemurs – diurnal, the largest species of lemur Brown Lemurs & Allies. These are the stereotypical lemurs and include”
— Burrard-Lucas Blog " Lemurs, Lemurs, Lemurs!, blog.burrard-
“Creating knowledge and serving society, Duke University research encompasses many disciplines”
— Lemurs | Duke University Research, research.duke.edu
“video and photo news about lemurs CNN (blog) Editor's note: It's easy to mistake a lemur for a cat, a squirrel, or even a dog. But these adorable critters native to Madagascar are actually some of the and more " AC360° Preview: Scientists”
— lemurs news,lemurs videos,lemurs images,lemurs headlines,
— Lemurs - Entertainment Daily,