- Techniques, advice, and patterns for knitting sweaters and accessories. Also features a reader forum and section on spinning. — “Knitty”,
- Learn to knit with their videos online. Features beginning through advanced techniques, forum, patterns, and a store. — “”,
- Learn about Knitting on . Find info and videos including: About Knitting, About Knitting, How to Knit the Knit Stitch and much more. — “Knitting - ”,
- Interview with Ashley Paige, Author of ***y Little Knits. K. Knifty Knitter Patterns. Knifty Knit Christmas Stockings. Knit Slipper Patterns. Knitted Bandana. — “Knitting - LoveToKnow Crafts”,
- Online tool for finding local knitting and crocheting groups. Features ratings, group member bios, and group descriptions. — “Knitters and Knitting Meetups”,
- - Free Crafts Network Free Crafts projects! Your guide for all types of crafts. Holiday crafts, Kids crafts, crochet, knitting, dolls, rubber stamps and much more! 20+ craft categories. New free projects added weekly!. — “Free Knitting Patterns and Projects, How To Knit Guides and”,
- Knitting On The Net offers over 500 free knitting patterns of all types, from easy beginner patterns to advanced. New patterns are frequently added. Knitting help, stitch patterns and much more!. — “Free Knitting Patterns from Knitting On The Net”,
- Shop for knitting at Target. Find products like knitting needles, yarn and more. Choose from Singer Knitting Machine, Kids Knitting (Reprint) (Paperback) and other products. — “knitting : Target Search Results”,
- has free online patterns and projects for afghans, baby crochet, holiday crafts, kids crafts, card making and other crochet projects. has bed-size quilting patterns, baby and children knitting projects, quick and. — “Free Knitting Patterns for Baby, Afghans, Shawls, Sweaters”,
- Definition of knitting in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of knitting. Pronunciation of knitting. Translations of knitting. knitting synonyms, knitting antonyms. Information about knitting in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “knitting - definition of knitting by the Free Online”,
- Features knitting patterns, techniques, beginner knitter FAQs, and polls. — “Knitting - ”,
- Are you a knitting enthusiast? Or just a beginner struggling to learn the ropes? Whatever your level, Videojug have videos to help, inspire, and entertain. From tips and tricks to using up yarn, to help with basics such as casting on and casting. — “Knitting - how to videos Knitting”,
- Knitting: This video series give knitting tips. Fiber artist Toni Lipe describes the supplies and techniques required to start knitting. This video is designed for the beginning knitter, but includes a variety of tips and techniques that would be. — “Knitting - MonkeySee”,
- Similar to crochet, knitting is a craft done by hand or machine in which thread or yarn is turned into a length or tube of cloth. Knitting involves pulling loops of yarn through each other to create a cohesive cloth. Knitting needles aid fingers. — “Knitting”,
- Articles, tips and techniques for creating sweaters and other knitting projects. — “Vogue Knitting Magazine”,
- Web and book resources for knitting. Knitting is hitting a peak of popularity these days, and what better way to try it out than by checking out some knitting books from the library?. — “Knitting, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Resource Guide”,
- Craft Site Directory guide to knitting, knitting patterns, machines, looms, instructions, supplies and more. — “Craft Site Directory - Knitting”,
- In today's high speed world, knitting is surprisingly enjoying a revival of sorts as a calming yet productive Whether it's a middle-aged man knitting in his cubicle to help keep his blood pressure in check, or a child being taught to knit in school because it teaches hand-and. — “How to Knit: 11 steps (with video) - wikiHow”,
- Knitting supplies, crochet supplies, discount yarn and more! The best source on the web for Knitting Supplies and Crochet Supplies is Knitting-!. — “Knitting Supplies | Discount Yarn”, knitting-
- Knitting Daily is a community for knitters who want inspiration, innovation, and motivation. Knitting Daily provides cutting-edge knitting content to all knitting levels and interests. — “Knitting Daily”,
- Knitting definition, the act of a person or thing that knits. See more. — “Knitting | Define Knitting at ”,
- knitting n. The act or process of producing something knitted. Material that has been knitted or is being. — “knitting: Definition from ”,
- A knitted hat, yarn, and knitting needles. Knitting is a method by which thread or yarn may be turned into cloth or other fine crafts. Knitting consists of consecutive loops, called stitches. Knitting may be done by hand or by machine. There exist numerous styles and methods of hand knitting. — “Knitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
related images for knitting
- Knitting Machines jpg
- including pleated skirts and knee socks and polos and oxfords oh my I can t decide whether the best one is the one of me in uniform as the captain of the math league or else if it s the one of me as president of the knitting club or just the one of me celebrating because school and therefore uniforms was over
- knitting jpg
- NOBLE NEEDLEWORK A group of more than 15 faculty staff and students equipped with knitting needles and balls of yarn are making Rochester a warmer place for those in need The group
- Knitting picture knitting jpg Knitting picture Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns 1 jpg Knitting picture knitting jpg Knitting picture bamboo knitting yarn jpg
- it And the inside looks all nice because it s stranded So thanks to Jan in CA for the advice and thanks to everyone on this amazing forum Why Because I can do Fair Isle Check it out http i176 photobucket com albums w l Knitting jpg
- Country Diary Knitting jpg
- Another gem I came across at lunch I love my google reader so much It reminded me of the Guerilla Gardening challenge that Adidas and Dazed and Confused did a while back It was a brilliant piece of marketing that got people off and online talking about I
- urbano Tendencia creada por el grupo de diseñadores Knitta en Houston La idea es muy simple vestir a la ciudad con ropa de mobiliario Me pregunto que opinaría Gallardón de esto Revierten algunos síntomas del síndrome de Down en ratones A través de la web elcaribecdn nos enteramos del avance conseguido por unos científicos estadounidenses Los investigadores
- I have been practising my knitting because I want to knit a blanket I have lots of nice wool on the way thanks to very helpful advice from Make Do and Mend she knits so many lovely things
- We ve found a new gang who also demands knitting without hang ups a return to the real values Not necessarily very glamorous but great fun in case
- Kristens first lesson
- Fibers It seams that this particular weight of yarn is being discontinued so if you want it you d better order it now I ordered this cream color plus another purple navy color If you re on Ravelry you can take a look at my projects page for my pattern alterations I knitted this up first per pattern instructions which went fine until the bust part That
- 3 July 2009 homely in the early cool of morning the soft white light pours down upon me smooth my cheeks with your rosiness
- A 50s frock she has been lurking on the dress form for months today there was sun All it needs is the pin I ve caught in the lining picking out and a fastening Where on earth will I wear it O More on
- And for when I m to blah to stitch I have these lovely new treasures to read oh my goodness I think I shall start a swatch book just so I can knit all these lovely patterns Wouldn t that be fun it could be something that accumulates slowly year after year
- Yea I finally finished my Karma Tank It s very cute I love it here it is on me
- Knitting Hats jpg
- Banana Berry in the process
- We snuggle up on the sofa with a wonderful film that reminds me how important it is to let our children celebrate being children There s new knitting to relish a scarf for Julian to keep him warm during those long cold weeks he works in Melbourne It s a Paton s Tweed a pretty bone grey with lilac flecks
- Knitting 234598 jpg
- Here is an adorable sweater designed and crocheted by Kristin Gumpert The yarn used Cascade 220 and you can find Kristin on Moose Threads nice job Kristin~ Kim Boston of Poulsbo Washington made this unique scarf modeled by her daughter Sophie it s called Circles and you can find the pattern in the
- 10 11 am Knitting I am so proud of myself laugh if you want but this is my first attempting at knitting Okay my grandma tried to teach me when I was 6 but I am not counting that This is just a knit
- FRIDAY 3 30 Knit and chat with other knitters of all levels No experience necessary Instruction provided
- knitting jpg
- This is my 1st afghan it will be a Christmas present for our Son 2009
- to Anna of Mochimochiland for giving me permission to sell these in aid of the fund Of course a week before the event what I have is a heap of Bob body parts and only two assembled Bobs Please note that the tortie and white body part belongs to Polly and is not for sale Adventure playground construction Being new to the household Phoebus and Polly are currently confined
- Knitting 2005 11 15 by John Walker covered by the
- Now onto the photos
- Haslington Knitting Club
- wp1a931e57 0f jpg
- Knitting To use any of the clipart images above including the thumbnail image in the top left corner just click and drag the picture to your desktop You may also control click Mac or right click
- product1 jpg
- next It s a good for the environment string bag to use to haul some groceries or whatever around
- pottery skills the bowls I throw are generally round these days The cake portion of my business is really expanding and that s been a wonderful creative outlet I ve had some really fun knitting and sewing projects this year I love spending time with the kids in the garden I finished the rain barrels in July and harvest our rainwater from our roof to water our plants
related videos for knitting
- Geek Knitting FBZ and Bre Pettis teach you how to knit!
- Knit Stitch Instructional video demonstrating the knit stitch
- How to Knit Left Handed This video has been altered from the original for Left Handed Knitting. The captions have also been updated. This video will show you the basics of knitting. Follow along and see how easy it is to actually do! Anyone can learn to knit and it's a great craft to know if you want to give handmade gifts! A simple large knitted rectangle is essentially an afghan. So this simple stitch can go pretty far and will keep you warm for years to come! With this video you will learn how to Cast On, knit rows, and Bind off to complete a simple project. To view the article "How to Knit - The Basics" click here: To learn more, visit us at !
- How to Knit a Hat In this video, we'll show you how to knit a hat using a fixed circular needle and bulky weight yarn.
- Innovations Knitting Machine - Item: 201-614 Shop Crafts: Prices subject to change. Please visit or call 1-800-284-3100 for the current selling price. Create fantastic fashions in a flash with our convenient Innovations Knitting Machine. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, this easy-to-use, portable unit will have you making adult-sized scarves, hats, sweaters, ponchos, afghans, mittens, socks and more in no time. Built to support quick threading and smooth cranking mechanisms, the machine knits 20 times faster than hand knitting and eliminates the need for clumsy circular or double-pointed needles. Innovations Knitting Machine Features: Measures approx. 12" diameter 6 project patterns Large eye needle for finishing projects Instruction manual...
- How to Knit Fingerless Gloves Expand the description and view the text of the steps for this how-to video. Check out Howcast for other do-it-yourself videos from Chez_Kimberly and more videos in the Knitting category. You can contribute too! Create your own DIY guide at or produce your own Howcast spots with the Howcast Filmmakers Program at Let's be frank—knitted fingerless gloves aren't really about keeping your palms warm and your fingers free... They're about looking rad. To complete this How-To you will need: Size 9 knitting needles A ball or skein of bulky, worsted weight yarn A yarn needle And a pair of scissors A row counter (optional) Step 1: Tie slipknot & cast Tie a slipknot, leaving an 8-inch tail of yarn after it, and cast on 24 stitches. Step 2: Knit 15 rows Knit 15 rows of two-by-two rib stitch -- knitting two stitches, purling two stitches, etc. Tip: Using a row counter makes it easier to keep track of how many rows you've finished. Step 3: Knit 12 rows Knit 12 rows in stockinette stitch -- alternating between a knit row, then a purl row, etc. You should be ending on a purl row. Step 4: Knit 4 rows Knit 4 rows in rib stitch again. Step 5: Cast off & tie Cast off and cut the yarn, again leaving an 8-inch tail. Tie a knot in the tail. Tip: To keep the wrist opening stretchy enough to get your hand through, be sure to cast off in rib stitch. Step 6: Fold in half Fold the piece in half so that the knitted side—the side covered in little V's—is on the inside ...
- How to Knit for Beginners : How to Make the Basic Knit Stitch Learn how to make the knit stitch used in knitting in this free online instructional video on how to knit. Expert: Kelsey Innis Bio: Kelsey Innis has been knitting for 10 years, and am a member of several knitting organizations.
- Finger_Knitting Step by step how to finger knit
- Continental knitting demo Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood, host of the CraftSanity podcast, visits Lorilee Beltman, owner of City Knitting in Grand Rapids, Michigan, for a quick "Continental" knitting lesson. As a veteran "thrower" or English style knitter, Jennifer didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see how the other half knit. She brought her video camera along to record the tutorial for all of you.
- Knit One Front & Back (k1f&b) An instructional knitting video for a "knit one front & back" iincrease
- Lego knitting machine An incredible knitting machine built entirely out of Lego blocks. The machine is made by Thomas Johnson. (video uploaded with a permission.) More great Lego stuff made by the same builder:
- Pardon Me (I Didn't Knit That for You) Recently discovered footage. Sung by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne, of .
- Knitting - Basic Knit Stitch (Continental Method) More free videos available online at . Continental Method aka German Method sometimes called Left Handed Knitting Officially, anyone who holds the yarn in their left hand is a Continental knitter. Some continental knitters wrap the yarn between the needles to knit it, and some simply scoop, or "pick", the yarn with the needle. The latter requires fewer hand movements, and has a reputation of being the fastest method of knitting there is. This is my preferred knitting method.
- KNIT PICKY! ThAnKyOu SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING/SUBBIN/FAVIN/THUMBS-UP-ING!! Knitting is my friend, so are you!!--XoXo--BLT :P STARRING/EVERYTHING DONE BY Brittani Taylor WANNA "Tweet" MY VID? IPHONE APP :D DROID APP (Search for "brittanilouisetaylor" in the Market) CHECK OUT MY COOL SHIRTS! (USA and Beyond) (UK and EUROPE) http TWITTER WEBSITE MY OTHER CHANNELS http DAILYBOOTH FACEBOOK MUSIC David Choi
- Loom Knitting Basics Basics of loom knitting: knit stitch, purl stitch, twisted knit stitch, and basic bind off.
- Slip Slip Knit (ssk) An instructional knitting video demonstrating a "slip slip knit" decrease
- Ramen Knitting 101 A tutorial for knitting ramen noodles with chopsticks, narrated by Carissa Browning.
- HOW TO KNIT ON CIRCULAR NEEDLES VIDEO An easy, up close, demonstration of how to knit on circular needles byJudy Graham, Knitter to the Stars, who's knits have appeared in movies, TV, and concerts for over 30 years and who has been hand knitting for over 50 years. Check out my web-site for more knitting tips, what it's like to make knits for the movies and fun celebrity stories. DVD'S FOR SALE ON WEB-SITE Please become a fan on my Facebook Page. http Also, downloadable videos on the web site htp:///videos.html
- Cat Bordhi - Part 1: Knitting on 2 circular needles Learn the tricks of casting on to 2 circular needles, joining, and knitting around. You'll learn about the "udder needle," napping and resting, that it doesn't matter whether the inside or outside of the knitting shows, how to find your way if you put your knitting down, and more. Cat is the author of two sock books: NEW PATHWAYS FOR SOCK KNITTERS, and her original book which started the entire 2-circular needle knitting craze, SOCKS SOAR ON TWO CIRCULAR NEEDLES.
- How-To Knit, Threadbanger This e Hang out and learn a thing or two as we answer a viewers question on knitting ,and show you how to make a cool new scarf for the fall. Plus, a review of Sabrina Gschwandtner's new book Knit Knit, a review of this weeks fashion headlines, and a look at whats new on the forums. To knit or knot to knit...that is the question. Links in this episode: Book: Knit Knit by Sabrina Gschwandtner Cat Mazza and Knit Pro 2.0 Knitta Threadless Engadget Design Fashion Online www.sewingpatterns247.com Music Video: Am Syndicate "To the Peasants of the Emperor" Eric Power, music vid director
- Basic Knitting Tips & Techniques : How to Cast On Knitting Stitches Learn how to cast on knitting stitches with expert tips in this free video series on knitting basics for beginners. Expert: Christine Pichini Contact: . Bio: Christine Pichini is an artist and writer living in Los Angeles. Filmmaker: christine pichini
- How to Knit : Knitting Instructions: Cast On To attach yarn to a knitting needle, the first instruction is to cast on. Find out how to cast on to a needle with expert tips from a knitting instructor in this free video about how to knit. Expert: Pam Grushkin Bio: Pam Grushkin learned to knit at a young age, and she now teaches knitting both independently and through yarn shops. Filmmaker: Christian Munoz-Donoso
- Backwards Knitting An instructional knitting video demonstrating backwards knitting.
- Knitting - How to Knit a Bobble More free videos available online at This video will show you how to knit a basic bobble.
- Knitting: Increase Learn about Increasing in one of the videos from the Knitting series. Watch thousands more videos at
- The Last Knit When knitting becomes an obsession. Directed by Laura Neuvonen Country Finland Year of Production 2005 Running Time 7 minutes
- "Coraline" - Tiny Knitting See it in theatres in 3D!
- How to Knit a Scarf : How to Do the Basket Weave: Scarf Knitting Learn how to do the Basket Weave for knitting a scarf in this free video. Expert: Michelle Millar Bio: Michelle picked up her first pair of knitting needles under the tutelage of her grandmother over twenty years ago. Filmmaker: kirk yliniemi
- Rachel John, Extreme Knitting, 1000 Strand Knit Rachel John, Extreme Textiles, broke records by knitting with a 1000 strands simultaneously! This video shows the set up of the event and the event itself. This event took place at the Southhill Park Unravel Textiles exhibition in October 2006. - - - - - - - It is a challenge for all of us to take the waste products that our society produces and to put it to good use. This video was made in order to stimulate that process. The comments on this video have been an insight into how people view things when taken out of context. For instance - should I be knitting blankets for charity? I do much charitable work - I cannot increase the hours on this as I wouldn't have time to earn the basics for living. I am happy if this stimulates others to find waste and turn it into blankets for needy. Especially as - using my tools - you can make blankets in a twentieth of the time it takes to make one in squares. If you feel there should be more knitting for charity, join your local group, set one up if there isn't one, and see what you can achieve. You may find a whole new community that brings you joy and a feeling of worthiness. I am one person with the same number of hours in my day as you and they are pretty full already! No yarn was wasted in the making of this installation - the yarn will be put to good use when the piece has finished circulating as a 1st in the world example of taking multi strand to the limits. - - - - - Over half the yarn in the installation was deemed as waste ...
- HOW TO KNIT: CASTING ON VIDEO An easy, up close demonstration of two needle casting on for knitting by Judy Graham, Knitter to the Star's,whose company has made knits that appeared in movies, on TV, and in concerts for over 30 years and who has been hand knitting for over 50 years. Check out my web-site for more knitting tips, what it's like to make knits for the movies and fun celebrity stories DVD'S NOW FOR SALE Please become a fan on my Facebook Page. http Also, downloadable videos on the web site htp:///videos.html
- Real Men Knit Trailer What is a "Real Man"? Is it a guy who plays football, drinks beer & belches freely? Or is it a man who has the courage to knit in public? How about a guy who drinks beer, watches football, belches AND knits...all at the same time? More info at
- How to Knit - The Basics This video will show you the basics of knitting. Follow along and see how easy it is to actually do! Anyone can learn to knit and it's a great craft to know if you want to give handmade gifts! A simple large knitted rectangle is essentially an afghan. So this simple stitch can go pretty far and will keep you warm for years to come! If you do not know how to make a Slip Knot, we have a separate video for that here: With this video you will learn how to Cast On, knit rows, and Bind off to complete a simple project. To view the article "How to Knit - The Basics" click here: To learn more, visit us at !
- Knitting one-row button holes In this video from , Amy shares with you a simple method for creating a button hole in a knitted work. If the button you're using is 4 stitches wide, make a 3-stitch buttonhole (as demonstrated). For a 5-stitch-wide button, make a 4-stitch buttonhole, etc. Step 1 -- work to where you want buttonhole to begin. Bring yarn to front; slip 1 purl-wise, bring yarn to back. Step 2 -- Slip 1 purl-wise, pass first slipped stitch over second. (repeat this part 2 more times--passing over 3 stitches total, for a 3-stitch buttonhole) Place last stitch back on left needle. Turn work. Step 3 -- Cast on 4 stitches (for the 3 stitches you bound off, plus 1) using the cable cast-on method. Step 4 -- Turn work (so RS is facing). Bring yarn to back; slip first st of left needle onto right needle and pass last CO st over it. ....You're done! Work to end of the row, or to the next buttonhole!
- Finger Knitting
- Learn to Speed Knit! Learn how to increase your knitting speed with Miriam Tegels, the World's Fastest Knitter!
- Knitting: How to Cast On Casting on with one needle and the long tail. For a DVD showing everything you need to know to learn to knit see:
- Knitting Bind Off An instructional video demonstrating knitting bind off
- Tunisian Crochet - Knit Stitch - The Crochet Side This video, brought to you by , demonstrates how to create a Tunisian Knit Stitch (TKS).
- CAT BORDHI - Intro to Moebius Knitting This tutorial will take you through the Moebius Cast-On (MCO) and first round of Moebius knitting, as taught in my two books on the subject: A TREASURY OF MAGICAL KNITTING and A SECOND TREASURY OF MAGICAL KNITTING.
- Yarn Harlot Knitting This is a video of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee knitting using the "Irish Cottage" technique. Enjoy!
twitter about knitting
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about knitting
“Tristan Williams' blog I have been attending the Stitches East knitting convention since the very first one in 1998. ( with just a few misses in between). The location has changed, but the energy of so many knitters in one space never does. Some knitter's take great”
— Knitting Central,
“No worries – come to the next open knitting session and we'll have fun, new stories to Hope you'll join us for open knitting soon. At our next Tuesday session (November 2nd)”
— The Yellow Dog Knitting Blog,
“The speakers at the seminar were warned not to be discouraged if the audience didn't make eye contact - because of course we would be knitting :) Everything about the W is uber-cool. Even the coasters: After 2 days of classes, we got the ultimate”
— Loops Yarn Blog,
“What Is A Blog?'Blog' is short for 'Weblog'. A blog is a journal; a collection of thoughts, articles, notes, instructions and information. There are now millions of blogs across the internet, covering every subject imaginable. They are a great”
— Knitting Blog,
“Learn to connect the Brother KH-930e knitting machine to any computer to knit any pattern video tutorial supplements Ladyada's knitting machine hacking tutorial, which provides”
— blog: Knitting Archives,
“What do you want to create today? For the last year or so, I've been having a nagging feeling that there is about to be a growing interest in traditional knitting. By "traditional knitting" what I mean is the traditional techniques from decades and centuries ago all over the world”
“But Urban Knitting Studio would not be what it is had it not been for the incredibly talented and kind-hearted gals – Ginny and Nancy. The name alone could be misconstrued if this was not a knitting and crocheting blog”
— Urban Knitting Studio,
“Blog Stuff. Subscribe to this blog's feed. Search. Search this blog: Knitting Wiki. Knitting-. Music. Pets. Poetry. Sewing. Silliness. Singercraft Guides”
— Mostly Knitting, knitting-
“October 14th we visited the Lion Brand Studio in New York City to present the Knitting Board and show what it can create. The book itself contains our cumulative knowledge of using the Knitting Board with over 30 patterns, from really simple to more”
— Authentic Knitting Board . blog,
“Knitting events coming up Nov. 10 through 19. By Peggy McMullen, The Knitting events coming up Oct. 7 through 15. By Mims Copeland, The Oregonian. October 07,”
— Knitting - ,
similar for knitting
- how to
- free knitting pattern
- knitting forum
- learn how to knit
- knitting needles
- long tail
- stockinette stitch
- vogue knitting
- learn to knit
- purl stitches
- knitted fabric
- the stitches
- knit and purl
- knit stitches
- circular needles
- knitted garments
- spun yarns
- free knitting patterns
- knitting patterns
- the holidays
- yarn reviews
- machine knitting
- baby blanket
- little christmas
- knitting with cotton
- christmas wreath
- wreath ornament
- holiday shopping
- christmas ornaments
- knitting instructions
- knitting supplies
- crochet supplies
- discount yarn
- lion brand
- knitting books
- crochet books
- discount prices
- lion brand yarn
- search term
- crochet patterns
- knitting and crocheting
- free crochet patterns
- how to knit
- by hand
- bamboo knitting needles
- seamless tube
- knitting needle
- loop through
- new loop
- knit stitch
- ball of yarn
- purl stitch
- yarn forward
- garter stitch
- slip knot
- circular needle
- straight needles