- Jicama salad is a nice change from normal salad that we consume all time and also it is very refreshing. Jicama salads have become a rage also because they are very healthy. Now let's see some interesting jicama salad recipes Jicama Salad To make jicama salad, julienned jicama is used. — “Jicama Salad Recipe”,
- Find great free julienned recipes or search our recipe database for other tasty ideas. You can now buy one of our professionally bound cookbooks that contain all your favorite recipes. — “Recipes with "Julienned" - Spry”,
- Food Network invites you to try this Sea Scallops a la Nage with Julienned Vegetables recipe. — “Sea Scallops a la Nage with Julienned Vegetables Recipe”,
- Julienne is a culinary knife cut in which the food item is cut into long thin strips, not matchsticks. Common items to be julienned are carrots for carrots Julienne, celery for Céléris Remoulade or potatoes for Julienne Fries. Julienne usually applies to vegetables prepared in this way but it. — “Julienning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Julienne - Foods that have been cut into thin strips approximately the size of match Julienne foods are often used as a garnish. Kosher - Derived from the Hebrew word "kasher,. — “NutriBase Glossary: Cooking Terms”,
- 1 medium carrot, julienned. 1/2 medium red bell pepper, peeled and julienned. 1/2 medium tablespoons soy sauce. 1 tablespoon honey. 2 tablespoons julienned ginger. 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced. — “Kimchi Recipe - Christopher Lee | Food & Wine”,
- Home > Recipes > julienned. Bread Baking: An Artisan's Perspective. by Daniel T. DiMuzio. A guide to making artisan breads practically and profitably, Bread Baking: An Artisan's Perspective includes step-by-step instructions on mixing, 319 results for julienned. — “ - Recipes - Julienned”,
- Cut into julienned pepper pieces. Turn the pepper skin-side up and make a series of fine crosswise cuts through the pepper, thus creating julienned (matchstick shaped) To dice the pepper simply gather up 4 or 5 julienned pepper pieces and slice them into small squares. — “How to julienne and dice peppers - ”,
- For a non-vegetarian variation, try adding julienned honey ham or other deli meats. slices so it's easier to julienne. • For a Thai-inspired variation,. — “Jackie's Cold Buckwheat Noodles with Julienned Vegetables”,
- A recipe for Capellini With Julienned Zucchini & Yellow Squash containing butter Olive oil shallot, chopped fine lemon, zested zucchini, julienned yellow squash, julienned fresh capellini, cooked leaves basil, torn into large pieces Parmesan. — “Capellini With Julienned Zucchini & Yellow Squash Recipe”,
- Learn 4,000+ Cooking Terms, Culinary Arts Food Definitions & Chef Phrases in the Food Dictionary. Julienne is most often used as a garnish. — “julienne Definition in the Food Dictionary at ”,
- A great recipe for Baked Salmon in Parchment with Julienned Vegetables by Art Smith from Back to the Table: The Reunion of Food and Family. — “Cookstr - Baked Salmon in Parchment with Julienned Vegetables”,
- How to make Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs with Julienned Leeks with 1-1/3 cups drained canned whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped. — “Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs with Julienned Leeks - Fine”,
- Definition of julienned from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of julienned. Pronunciation of julienned. Definition of the word julienned. Origin of the word julienned. — “julienned - Definition of julienned at ”,
- Delicious and easy to prepare filipino recipe for Fish Escabeche. 1 each of red and green bell pepper, julienned. 1 cup grated unripe papaya. 4 cloves garlic, crushed. 2 tablespoons ginger, julienned. 1 cup vinegar. 1 tablespoon salt. 3 tablespoon sugar. 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup. — “Delicious Filipino Recipes: Fish Escabeche”,
- Find recipes for Glazed Julienned Carrots and other Course recipes. Get all the best recipes at Taste of Home. Recipe directions: In a large skillet, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until carrots are. — “Glazed Julienned Carrots Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes”,
- How to Julienne Vegetables. A julienne (also called a "matchstick") is a type of cut that makes a long thin strip. It's a good technique to use for vegetables and other ingredients when you want to heighten their presentation. — “How to Julienne Vegetables | ”,
- From Shirley Saeger, this slightly sweet combination of glazed carrots and sliced onion makes a tasty change of pace. 'It's popular everytime I serve it,' she notes from her kitchen in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. — “Julienned Carrots 'N' Onion Recipe - ”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. to slice into thin strips about the size of matchsticks. — “Julienned - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Definition of julienned in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of julienned. Pronunciation of julienned. Translations of julienned. julienned synonyms, julienned antonyms. Information about julienned in the free online English dictionary and. — “julienned - definition of julienned by the Free Online”,
- Carrots, finely julienned. 2 oz. Jicama, finely julienned. 2 oz. Rice Toss all the julienned vegetables together in a bowl. Combine the remainder of. — “Aldo Lamberti's Family of Restaurants: Recipes”,
related videos for julienned
- How To Julienne Expand the description and view the text of the steps for this how-to video. Check out Howcast for other do-it-yourself videos from gchoi81 and more videos in the Cooking Basics category. You can contribute too! Create your own DIY guide at or produce your own Howcast spots with the Howcast Filmmakers Program at The slender cousin of the baton and matchstick cuts, the julienne cut takes its name from the extremely skinny chef who pioneered this technique. Ok, we made that up. Sorry. To complete this How-To you will need: A chef's knife A cutting board A vegetable to cut Step 1: Wash & peel Wash and peel the vegetable, if necessary. Step 2: Grasp knife Grasp the knife in your dominant hand, holding the handle close to the blade with three fingers: your middle, ring, and pinkie. Curl your forefinger around one side of the blade while holding your thumb on the opposite side. Step 3: Hold vegetable With your non-knife-wielding hand, hold the vegetable firmly on the cutting board close to the area you will cut. Tip: Curl your fingers so that the tips are firmly planted on the vegetable and the knuckles point outward—in the food world, this is called the 'claw grip'. Step 4: Cut ends Cut off the ends of the vegetable. Step 5: Determine length Determine the length of julienne your recipe calls for—2 inches or smaller is the standard—and cut the vegetable crosswise into sections of that length. Step 6: Cut sides Cut off the sides of one section. It ...
- Shi***o and Sausage Jun and Julienned Potato Salad 3 Minute Cooking from channel 18.2 Los Angeles.
- Totally Tubular... Stuffed Squid Sorry the video is so long!! My next video won't include any time wasting chopping shot!! :) Anyways, I hope everyone is OK in Japan!!! Squid stuffed with Pork 3 Pre-cleaned squid tubes 1 lbs ground pork (or chicken) shrimp, minced (½ amount of pork) 2 garlic cloves, minced 2T ginger, minced 2 carrots, minced 2 stalks green onions, chopped 1t soy sauce 1t hot sesame oil 1t Sriracha or sub ½ t red chilli flakes 4 ***ake, diced Bake 350 for 20 min or pan fry for 3-5 min each side Mushroom Rice 1 pkg Asian mushroom mix 1 can salmon 1 carrot, julienned 1 C rice green onion/ sesame seeds for garnish
- Spring rolls How to make Spring Rolls! Here's what I used, but feel free to use any other types of vegetables, meat, and seasoning according to your preferences. Also, I rarely measure, so these amounts are my best estimates, which are usually fairly close. I used: -3 cloves garlic, diced -About 1 cup onion, finely chopped -3 dime-sized slices of ginger, diced -2 1/2 small carrots, julienned -1 red bell pepper, finely sliced into strips -1 green bell pepper, finely sliced into strips -1/4 of a cabbage, sliced into strips -About 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts -1/2 bunch green onions, chopped -1 bunch cilantro, chopped -Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime -Oil, for frying -Soy sauce, to taste (several tablespoons probably) -Fish sauce, to taste (optional) -2-3 pinches turmeric (optional) -1 pinch paprika (optional) -Dried chilli powder, to taste (optional) -Salt, to taste (optional) -1 pkg of Vietnamese rice paper wrappers, rehydrated (I used "Three Ladies Brand" from a local Asian market. Also, if 1 wrapper is too delicate, you can use two together to keep them from tearing) Makes about 10 large rolls. Suggested dipping sauces: Teriyaki-esque sauce: -1 part soy sauce -1 part sweetener (sugar, honey, etc) -1-2 pinches of salt Tangy, salty, garlic sauc -1-2 cloves garlic (to taste), crushed (or finely diced) -1 part soy sauce -1 part white vinegar Or just use a pre-made sweet chilli dipping sauce. Enjoy and thanks for watching!
- Chef Cherie Soria of Living Light Culinary Arts:Linguini Parody with Vegan White Truffle Cream--P2/2 • VEG1223; Aired on 2010.01.19 • INGREDIENTS (For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available) 3 servings 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms 1/2 cup purified water Linguini 4 medium zucchini (1 pound) 1 teaspoon solar-dried sea salt White Truffle cream: 1/4 cup pine nuts (soaked 2 hours, rinsed, and drained) 1/4 cup cashews (soaked 2 hours, rinsed, and drained) 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/2 tablespoon tamari 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar 2 teaspoons white truffle oil Pinch of white pepper 1/2 cup (1 whole) seeded and finely julienned Roma tomatoes 1/4 cup finely julienned red onion 1/4 cup (1 whole) yellow bell pepper 2 tablespoons capers 2 tablespoons wakame, soaked and chopped 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh dill weed 1/2 tablespoon dulse flakes 1/2 teaspoon kelp powder 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, for garnish Freshly ground pepper • Please share those videos through facebook and other means. Subscribe, comment and like it are fully appreciated. The videos are in the public domain and free to use in any beneficial way. Download Link:
- French Onion Soup by Chef Alex Reznik HD As simple as possible!! 50 lbsPeeled & julienned Yellow onions 5 gallonsBeef stock 4 tbsFlour 2 tbsSalt 1 tbsBP 1sachet Directions: 1: in large rondo beurre mente onions in small batches 2: sweat on low heat for 6 hours till dark caramel color 3: bring stock to a boil, add sachet 4: sanje onions with flour, add to stock 5: simmer for 45-60 min skimming often 6: at service ladle into lion head top with crouton 7: add 2 slices emmental & ¼ cup Comte 8: gratine in salamander till light brown
- Dorf's Recipes: Hot and Sour Soup 8 cups chicken stock 1/2 pound lean pork -- julienned 2 + tablespoons garlic and red chile paste 3 tablespoons soy sauce 1 teaspoon ground white pepper 2 eggs -- beaten 1/2 cup bamboo shoots -- julienned 1/2 cup waterchestnuts -- sliced 1 cup shiitake mushrooms -- sliced, stems remove 1 cup straw mushrooms 14oz cake tofu -- 1/4-inch diced 1/2 cup white vinegar 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1/4 cup dried black fungus -- soaked for 1 hour
- Healthy Cooking: How to Steam Shrimp and Vegetables with a Kick! At , we know steaming your vegetables can me a bit mundane. Chandler Rothbard, our Southwest chef, is here to show you how you can spice up your steamed shrimp and vegetables, while keeping your meal super healthy. With a Lemongrass ginger broth, your steamed shrimp and vegetable dish will be full of tangy, delicious flavor. Give this healthy recipe a try - you'll never steam with boring old water again! Recipe: For shrimp and vegetables: 1.5lb - Shrimp, shelled and deveined 4 ea - Carrots, julienned 1 ea - Zucchini, diced 2 ea - Yellow Squash, diced 2 ea - Broccoli Crowns, cleaned Noodles of your choice For Broth: 1 stalk - Lemongrass 1 Tbsp - Ginger, minced 3 cloves - Garlic, minced 2 ea -Scallion, sliced 1 ea - Dried Chili, whole 2 stalks - Celery small, diced 2 Tbsp - Cilantro, Chopped 1 ea - Lime, squeezed for juice Water - enough to come up to the bottom of your steaming device 1 Tbsp - Hoisin Sauce 1 Tbsp - Fish Sauce 1 Tbsp - Chili Paste (Sambal Oelek) 2-3oz - Coconut Milk, optional
- Basil: How to Use and Store Basil Basil is full of nutrition and flavor. It can be a powerful part of a healthy diet -- full of flavor and reducing the need for salt. In this video, Rita Heikenfeld shows you how to use, chop and store basil.
- Amazing Raw Basil Pesto Sauce - In the kitchen today, we have... An amazing raw basil pesto sauce! It's a great raw food recipe for appetizers (to stuff into mushrooms) or to put over julienned vegetables. It's fresh and 100% full of garlic! Check it out... (plus we answer the "why do you have a microwave in the kitchen" question I've gotten from a few of you...)
- Grilldog Presents: Episode 34 - Julian Julienned Out takes In every show I like to show what goes on behind the scenes... Have fun
- DINAKDAKAN DINAKDAKAN Yield: 10 Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Ingredients: 2 pt Water 8 oz Pig's ear 8 oz Pig tongue, surfaced layer removed 8 oz Pig's liver 8 oz Pig's snout 8 oz Pig's cheek 8 oz Pork Tripe 8 oz Intestine 1/4" Ginger, chopped 2 pcs Bay leaves 1 tbsp Peppercorns, black 1 pc Onion, white, large, ½ is julienned, ½ is chopped 1 pc Onion, red, medium, julienne 2 cloves Garlic, sliced thin 4 tbsp Calamansi juice 1 tsp Salt ¼ tsp Pepper, black, ground 1 tbsp Mayonnaise (substitute to the pig's brain) 2 stalks Green Onion, sliced across fine METHOD: In a stock pot, pour the water. Place all pig's parts. Add ginger, bay leaves, peppercorns, one chopped onion. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. In a colander, pour the entire contents of stock pot to strain & drain. Wash thoroughly. While still warm to touch, scrape off the top of the pig's tongue. Rinse well. Grill all the meats until brown. Slice all the meats in small bite size pieces, except the ear and the tongue which should be julienned. In a bowl, combine all the meats. Add the julienned onion, garlic, calamansi juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. Incorporate the mayonnaise and green onion. Allow to blend before service. Recipe created by SOCRATES ZALDIVAR INONOG, AAC, CCE Dean and Director Emeritus, Culinary Arts College and Development International Students Departments, Johnson & Wales University Providence, RI The First Certified Culinary Educator by the American Culinary ...
- Traditional Napa Cabbage Kimchi - 배추김치 For Recipes: Follow the three steps in Kimchi in 3 Steps, to make the traditional Napa Cabbage Kimchi two ways. First with the traditional turnip stuffing with julienned turnips. Second option, Larger turnip slices layered with the cabbages all flavored with The Basic Sauce. Also learn to make Gutjuri, Kimchi Salad.
- Regina's Vegetarian Table - Wild Mushroom and Turnip Lasagne: Episode 311 Wild Mushroom and Turnip "Lasagne" with Pickled Julienned Ginger, Peashoot Sprouts, and a Lemon Grass-infused Mushroom Vinaigrette (Serves 4) Local Garden Greens with Shaved Asian Pears, Five-Spice, Honey-Glazed Walnuts and duffield Farm Edible Flowers All recipes can be found at:
- Chef's Corner: Steamed Halibut STEAMED MUSTARD GREEN-WRAPPED ROASTED RED PEPPER HALIBUT WITH ZUCCHINI AND YELLOW SQUASH Large mustard green leaf 6-8 ounce halibut fillet Roasted red pepper, julienned 1 zucchini 1 yellow squash Butter Chopped garlic Salt and pepper Boil a large pot (with a steamer insert) of water. Blanch mustard green leaf and dry. Put the leaf rib-side up and spread out flat. Trim the hard center rib and remove. Put the roasted red pepper in the middle of the leaf. Salt and pepper the fish and place on top of the roasted red pepper. Fold in one side at a time until wrapped and place folded side down in a steamer pan and steam for about 10 minutes. Cut zucchini and squash into match-stick sized slices and sauté in butter until soft. Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Place the zucchini and squash in the center of a plate. Take the fish out of the steamer and put on top of the vegetables.
- How to Julienne Carrots For Dummies Julienned carrots sound fancy, but they're simply thin, even strips of vegetable. Learn the simple knife skill required to make carrots julienne while keeping your fingers safe. Carrots cut like this cook super fast, while raw ones make a great garnish for salads and other dishes.
- Kayaku gohan with sake kasu You guys should try the CC transcribe audio for this video... I'm sure the captions will make you laugh! :D For the rice: 1C rice + some grains liquid (how ever much needed to reach the 1C line on the rice cooker bowl) 2T sake kasu 1T miso about 1t soysauce hot sesame oil add dashi to taste 2 carrots, julienned hijiki button mushrooms ***ake can tuna/ salmon other things you can add: shirataki or sliced konnyaku, daikon, oage For the Arctic Char: 1 knob of ginger, matchsticks 2 garlic cloves, minced soysauce hot sesame oil 350°F for 30 mins Thank you Taro for getting people to subscribe to me! Makes me want to do more videos ! :) Visit his channel :
- Session 03 - Sauteed shrimp with hot peppers.m4v Sauteed Shrimp with (Banana) Chili Pepper Banana pepper deseeded, julienned Carrots julienned Red Bell Pepper sliced Shrimp deveined, marinated in salt and rice wine Ginger Minced Garlic 1.Sautee together the banana pepper, carrots and red bell pepper. 2.Set aside when done. 3.Add more oil to the pan. Sautee Ginger and minced garlic 4.Add shrimp. 5.When shrimp is done, add back sautéed vegetables.
- Cook with me! Healthy Garden Primavera MY TWITTER: Here's the recipe: Garden Primavera: (~290 calories) [11g of protein] -1 cup whole wheat pasta -1/4 cup cauliflowerets -1/4 cup broccoli florets -1/4 cut julienned carrot -1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper -1/4 cup cherry tomatoes -2 tbsp Alfredo sauce -pinch dried basil -1 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta until Al Dente, adding vegetables during the last 2-4 minutes. Drain, and return to the pan 2. Add Alfredo sauce and basil; toss to coat. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through 3. Sprinkle with cheese and serve xoxo SweetestRose17
- Julienne Burdock Root with Scallions Sesame Seeds and Cilantro by Chef David Wells aka Grandma Dave Ingredients: 4 Chunk burdock root, peeled and julienned or thinly sliced 2T Rice vinegar 1T Sesame seeds 2Scallions, sliced thin on an angle 2T Cilantro, roughly chopped Method Mix all ingredients into bowl. Serve and enjoy. Keep covered in refrigerator for up to three days. Be sure to check out more videos and recipes at
- How To Make Pasta Primavera This is a real kitchen-sink kind of deal. Pretty much just throw in whatever vegetables you have around and viola Pasta Primavera! Which means, like, Springtime Pasta, which means, like, bright colors and light textures and fresh flavors and baby birds all over the place. The deal with the vegetables is this: use whatever you got, fresh or frozen. Just make sure to cut everything up very small so that, A. it cooks fast and, B. it mixes well with the pasta. So, julienne carrots and green beans; make broccoli and cauliflower florets small like your pinkie finger; cut squash into small cubes, 1/2"; cut greens into 1/2" ribbons. That's it. That's all the rules I will lay on you. Now go. Be free. INGREDIENTS 8 ounces pasta 1 cup sliced green beans 1 cup broccoli florets 1-2 carrots julienned 2 tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups) 1 clove garlic, minced 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried) 1 tablespoon fresh basil or parsley 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt DIRECTIONS Put on a large pot of water to boil the pasta. Stick a lid on it and it will boil faster Combine the tomatoes, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, oil, and salt and let them marry while everything else is happening Once the water boils, add the pasta and set a timer for 2 minutes less than the pasta package states When the timer dingalings, add the vegetables and cook another 2 minutes. Drain the whole mess, but not really well. Leave it a ...
- Julie & Julienned Vegetable Eiffel Tower In celebration of Meryl Streep's Oscar nomination for Julie & Julia, I hit the grocery store, a box of straight pins and my paring knife to whip up this Eiffel Tower au naturel for Tom and Jimmy's 2010 Oscar party... and voilà, "Best Dish!"
- Ching He Huang/Chinese Food Made Easy/Noodles/Singapore-style noodles Ching He Huang/Chinese Food Made Easy/Noodles Singapore-style noodles Ching makes a takeaway favourite using rice noodles - this is a fantastic brunch dish. Ingredients 2 tbsp groundnut oil 1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger 1 red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced 2 tsp ground turmeric 100g/3½oz smoked bacon, finely chopped 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced 1 handful julienned carrot strips 1 handful beansprouts 100g/3½oz cooked chicken breast, shredded 250g/9oz dried vermicelli rice noodles, pre-soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained 1 tsp crushed dried chillies 2 tbsp light soy sauce 2 tbsp oyster sauce 1 tbsp clear rice vinegar or cider vinegar 1 free-range egg, beaten dash toasted sesame oil 2 spring onions, sliced lengthways Method 1. Heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil, then stir fry the ginger, chilli, mushrooms and turmeric for a few seconds. 2. Add the bacon and cook for 15-20 seconds, then add the red pepper, carrots, beansprouts and cooked chicken. Stir-fry for one minute. 3. Add the noodles to the wok and toss for 1-2 minutes, then season with the chillies, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine. 4. Pour the beaten egg into the wok and stir gently for one minute, or until the egg is cooked through. Season with a dash of sesame oil, then pile the stir-fry onto a serving plate and garnish with the sliced spring onions.
- Barbecue Chicken Burritos Yields: 4 servings Ingredients: 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch cubes 1 green pepper julienned 1 medium onion, chopped 2 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas Sour Cream Shredded Lettuce Chopped Tomatoes Preparation Directions: ~ In a large skillet heat oil, sauté chicken, green pepper, and onion over medium high heat until chicken juices run clear. Stir in ½ cup barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. ~ Using 1 ½ cups of cheese; sprinkle cheese down center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. ~ Place in a baking dish top with remaining barbecue sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Use Sour Cream, shredded lettuce and chopped as side items
- Pan-Seared Barramundi with Chef Adan Trinidad at Zengo, New York City When we're feeling adventurous and in the mood bold, fresh flavors from around the world, nothing hits the spot quite like Latin-Asian fusion. Today we visit Zengo in New York City, where Chef Aran Trinidad is cooking up an exotic fish covered with sweet and spicy sauces to match. Tip: To char Napa cabbage, grill with a bit of olive oil Tip: For optimal flavor, allow kimchi to sit for up to seven days Tip: Flip the fish once the skin becomes crisp with a golden brown color Trick: Shorten prep time by buying kimchi base at your local Asian market Trick: Fresno peppers will give the dish a bit of a spicy kick Trick: Limes stored at room temperature are easier to juice Trick: No saffron dashi? Use lemon or lime juice instead for a citrus-like broth Technique: Press down on the fish with a spatula to help it cook evenly Pan-Seared Barramundi with Charred Kimchi, Pineapple Salsa and Dashi Broth by Chef Adan Trinindad Makes 1 serving INGREDIENTS: 1 (7 oz.) fillet of barramundi 1 tbsp. canola oil For the Kimchi: 2 cups charred Napa cabbage, julienned 1/4 cup carrots, julienned 1 tbsp. scallions, thinly sliced 1/2 tsp. sesame oil 2 tbs. kimchi base 1 tbs. Korean red pepper powder 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar 1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce For the Dashi Broth: 1/4 tsp. saffron 1/2 cup mirin 1 cup soy sauce 3 tbsp. dashi 1 tbsp. yuzu 1 cup of fresh pineapple juice For the Pineapple Salsa: 1 cup pineapple, diced 1/4 cup Asian pear, diced 1 tsp. fresno peppers, diced 1 tsp. chives, chopped ...
- Slow Cooker Flank Steak Fajitas (Old reload) Happy Cinco de Mayo (yes, a day early but it hopefully gives you time to prepare? Sorry I am not more with it...) I have a recipe for you to make your own tortillas. Tammy, yoyomax12 has since sent me a tortilla maker. I need to drag that out and make some for you using it :))) Ingredients * 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef flank steak, cut into thin strips * 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained * 2 garlic cloves, minced * 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped * 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley * 1 teaspoon chili powder * 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin * 1/4 teaspoon salt * 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned * 1 medium green pepper, julienned * 8 to 10 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches) * Sour cream, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, optional Directions * Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and salt; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. * Stir in red and green peppers. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat and peppers are tender. Thicken juices if desired. * Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired.
- How to Cook Black Bean Pinwheels with Kids Fab has a vegan kitchen in her California home and shares recipes and tips on food that you can make with your kids. Watch her teach her kids and their friends to cook a healthy fun lunch, black bean pinwheels. This is a great recipe to get your kids started in the kitchen and enjoy for lunch or dinner. Watch the video with them and then make the recipe together! RECIPE Ingredients: Soft flat bread: like Lavash/middle eastern flat bread or extra large tortillas/chapatti 1 can organic refried black beans ½ tsp ground cumin ¾ tsp garlic salt 1 container vegan cream cheese: like Tofutti or Follow Your Heart (you can also substitute with regular organic cream cheese) 4 roasted bell peppers (from a jar): cut into slivers Julienned vegetables: carrots, cucumbers, jicama or daikon root Lettuce greens 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 container of broccoli sprouts or alfalfa sprouts Directions: Arrange all the ingredients in an assembly style station. Spread cream cheese over ¼ bottom half of flatbread. Spread refried black beans above the cream cheese. Follow with the roasted bell peppers and then veggies, each in succession. On the last row layer a handful of lettuce greens. Sprinkle 1 tsp. cilantro on top of the black beans. Layer a large pinch of sprouts onto the cream cheese. Starting at the bottom roll upwards into a tight roll. When you reach the end, spread a small amount of cream cheese along the top end to help seal the roll. Complete the rolling. Slice ...
- Burdock Stir Fry - 우엉조림 - Gobo For a recipe: Sweet and savory side dish to serve with rice. Burdock is julienned to matchstick pieces then stir fried with a simple soy sauce seasoning. This is one of the dishes that can be made ahead and served as a side dish at each meal.
- Thai red chicken curry - part 1/2 Thai Red Chicken Curry Dan Lash 1 T oil 1 tin thai red curry paste 1 can coconut milk 1 chicken breast, sliced thinly 1 small or 1/2 large red pepper, julienned 1 small or 1/2 large yellow pepper, julienned 1/2 small onion, sliced thin 1 bunch beech mushrooms 1 T minced cilantro 2 t salt 1 T sugar 1 T cayenne Saute curry paste in oil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add 1/4 can coconut milk, continue stirring 1 minute. Add thinly sliced chicken, toss in curry sauce. Add more coconut milk if sauce is too thick. Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and toss in sauce. Add more coconut milk if sauce is too thick. Add cilantro, salt, sugar and cayenne. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with brown rice, garnish with minced cilantro.
- Thai red chicken curry - part 2/2 Thai Red Chicken Curry Dan Lash 1 T oil 1 tin thai red curry paste 1 can coconut milk 1 chicken breast, sliced thinly 1 small or 1/2 large red pepper, julienned 1 small or 1/2 large yellow pepper, julienned 1/2 small onion, sliced thin 1 bunch beech mushrooms 1 T minced cilantro 2 t salt 1 T sugar 1 T cayenne Saute curry paste in oil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add 1/4 can coconut milk, continue stirring 1 minute. Add thinly sliced chicken, toss in curry sauce. Add more coconut milk if sauce is too thick. Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and toss in sauce. Add more coconut milk if sauce is too thick. Add cilantro, salt, sugar and cayenne. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with brown rice, garnish with minced cilantro.
- Yamaimo Senbongiri (Julienned Japanese Taro) Not right.
- Chicken, Shiitake and Skinny Noodle Stir Fry Heres a savory stir-fry recipe that youd normally serve over rice or starchy noodles. But instead with Skinny Noodles, you cut the carbs down to less than 10 grams and the calories to 270 per servings. Ingredients 2 Tbsp canola Oil 1 8 oz chicken breast (cut into 3/4 inch cubes) 2 scallions Julienned 1 carrot, shredded 1/4 cup fresh ***ake mushrooms (or rehydrated and rinsed, if dried) 1 8 oz package Skinny Noodles (rinsed and drained) 1/4 cup water Sauce: 1/3 cup ready-to-use bottled Teriyaki Sauce 1. Heat oil on high heat 2. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned 3. Add scallions, carrots and ***ake mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes 4. Add sauce to stir-fry 5. Add noodles and water, stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens 6. Plate and garnish with sesame seeds Makes 4 servings Per Serving; 272 Calories, 15g protein, 10g carbohydrates, 17g fat As with this recipe, you can add Skinny Noodles to just about any recipe that calls for pasta or rice to slim down the carbs and calories. Recipes by Chef Tommy Ryan. For more information on Chef Ryan, visit Kitchen facility courtesy of Melissas World Variety Produce. Visit for more information on the company and their products.
- My Pepper Steak Check My BLOGSPOT Season Meat with Paula Deen Seasoning Ingredients 1 cup kosher salt 1/4 cup fresh ground black pepper 1/4 cup garlic powder My Recipe Beef Stir Fry Meat 1lb. Onion Bell Pepper Minced Garlic Cornstarch Oyster Sauce Soy Sauce All Recipes Stir Fry INGREDIENTS: 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules 1 cup boiling water 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1/3 cup soy sauce 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips 1 garlic clove, minced 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon pepper 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided 1 large green pepper, julienned 1 cup sliced carrots or celery 5 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces Hot cooked rice DIRECTIONS: 1.Dissolve bouillon in water. Combine the cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; add to bouillon. Set aside. 2.Toss beef with garlic, ginger and pepper. 3.In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until cooked as desired; remove and keep warm. 4.Heat remaining oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve over rice.
- Cooking Tips : How to Julienne Cucumbers Kitchen Tips: How to Julienne Cucumbers. Basic cooking techniques and tips for Julienning Cucumbers
- Julienned Leeks Chef Kelso demonstrates how to julienne a leek
- Cooking - jumbo prawn with julienned sweet capsicum
- Light and Luscious (218): Jacques Pépin: More Fast Food My Way Minute Recipe: Salmon Rolls. Endive, chicory, Belgium endive -- Jacques explains the differences between these vegetables, starting with Rigatoni with Lettuce and Eggplant and Sautéed Julienned Endive. A trip to the fish counter results in a harvest of some ocean "greens," too! Seaweed-lined bamboo steamer baskets hold fresh seafood for Steamed Fish and Shellfish Baskets. The pantry supplies dessert as dried figs and walnuts poached in honeyed wine appear in Sautéed Stuffed Figs with Blueberries, a dessert that pairs perfectly with the sweet fortified wine, Madeira.
- Szechuan-style Chicken and Mango How to make Szechuan Chicken and Mango. Visit www.HolidayKitchen.TV for more video recipes. Ingredients: 1 lb boneless chicken, sliced into ½ inch strips 1 egg white 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1 tbsp corn starch 1 garlic clove, minced 1 tbsp ginger, minced 1 green pepper, julienne 1 jalapeno, minced 1 mango, peel and cut into ¼ in slices 4 whole dried Szechuan peppers 1 whole scallion, whites sliced, greens julienned for garnish 1 tbsp Hoisin 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp sesame oil 1 tbsp honey 2 tbsp canola oil Instructions: 1. Add the egg white to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. 2. Add sliced chicken and sprinkle with corn starch and reserve. 3. To make the sauce to a bowl add hosin, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey. 4. Now pre-heat your wok and add a good amount of oil and add the whole dried Szechuan peppers. 5. Next add the garlic, ginger, jalapeno, and green pepper and sauté for about 30 seconds. 6. Make a hole in the middle and pour in the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes. 7. Now add the mango, just heat it through and add the sliced scallion whites. 8. Finally pour in the sauce and let it come to a simmer, it will thicken. Plate and garnish with scallion greens and fresh cilantro.
- Dice Cucumber meets Julienne Capsicum - then they live happy ever after
- Grilldog Presents: Julian Julienned - Bailey's Woodpit BBQ I'm sure you've seen those Corporate sponsored shows that claim you can vacation and eat cheap and they start the day with a small cup of coffee and 1 plain waffle... Well, Grillpup and I took a holiday up to Julian California to Julienne their food options and see what the final costs were... This scene is from Lunch
- ASIAN WRAPS Recipe from Foodland Ontario Rice paper wrappers are very thin and make the lightest of wraps. They just need soaking in warm water and gentle handling. You can use any combination of vegetables, and soaked rice vermicelli noodles, if you wish. Served cold, these can be made a few hours ahead. Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes Makes 12 rolls, 24 pieces 8 oz (250 g) lean ground chicken or turkey 1 Ontario Onion, chopped 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced gingerroot 1 cup (250 mL) grated Ontario Carrots (2 medium) 1/3 cup (75 mL) hoisin sauce Salt and pepper 12 8-inch (20 cm) rice paper wrappers 1 cup (250 mL) approx. finely julienned Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber 1 cup (250 mL) approx. bean sprouts 1/2 cup (125 mL) approx. fresh coriander leaves Thai sweet red chili sauce, for dipping In nonstick skillet, cook chicken, onion and ginger over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, stirring often to prevent clumping. Remove from heat. Stir in carrots and hoisin sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper in large bowl of hot water for 20 to 30 seconds or until softened. Gently shake off excess water and lay on damp tea towel. While filling one wrapper, soak another. Place one-twelfth of chicken mixture (about 2-1/2 tbsp/40 mL) in line about one-third from bottom of wrapper. Top with one-twelfth each cucumber and bean sprouts. Top with a few coriander leaves. Fold bottom edge of wrapper over filling; fold over side edges and roll up tightly to form roll. Repeat ...
- Raw Vegan Sushi Raw Vegan Sushi: sheets of raw nori cauliflower, processed into rice sized pieces need bamboo roller covered in plastic wrap options: carrots, julienned cucumber, julienned avocado, julienned red pepper, julenned sprouts
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about julienned
“2 medium carrots, julienned. 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned. 1/4 lb. sugar snap peas, 2 ounces prosciutto, julienned. 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Method. Lightly saute the”
— ChefsLine's Cooking Blog. " Blog Archive " Recipe Video,
“1 stalk scallions, white part minced, green part julienned about 1 inch long for garnish 12. Next sprinkle on julienned ginger and kaffir leaves. Toss in the tomatoes. 13. Cover”
— FLAVOR EXPLOSIONS " Fish,
“At some restaurants, house salads can generally generate ho-hum responses. That's certainly not the case when the culinary team is creative. The African House chopped romaine lettuce with julienned carrots, sliced red bell pepper, fennel matchsticks, julienned sweet potatoes and slivered”
— African House Salad at Mara in the Animal Kingdom Lodge,
“Chayote & Mango SlawFrom Chef Artim at the Ritz-Carlton, Palm Beach 2 cups julienned Chayote1 cup julienned Mango1/3 cup julienned Red Pepper1/3 cup julienned Yellow Pepper1/3 cup julienned Red Onion¼ cup julienned Jalapeno¾ cup Extra Virgin”
— Ritz Recipe: Chayote & Mango Slaw - The Coastal Star,
“1 carrot, thinly julienned. 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced. Mint Cilantro Dressing dennis's blog. Add new comment. Read more. Sauteed Leeks with Braised”
— Blogs | Sea Rocket Bistro,
“Archive for May, 2010. Main Course: Vegetarian Sushi. May 21, 2010. Share. Sushi is a great Fresh avocado, julienned. Fresh cucumber, julienned. Fresh carrots, julienned. Sprouts. Flax”
— 2010 May,
“Filling 1/2 cup julienned onion 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 boneless, skinless chicken julienned jicama 1/2 small carrot, finely julienned 2 green onions, finely julienned 2”
— Re: How to make fresh lumpia,
“For the past fif*** years, Chef Tyler Florence has delighted the masses by sharing the sights, sounds and flavors of his unique culinary vision to fans around the world. Development Blog. Documentation. Plugins. Suggest Ideas. Support Forum. Themes. WordPress Planet. RECENT TWEETS: TYLER'S TWITTER. Be sure”
— This weeks twitterlicious class: SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH LINGUINE,
“Check out Tony's blog every week to learn what's new and exciting in Subscribe to This Blog. Sign up to be notified every time Tony makes a”
— Tony's Produce Blog,
related keywords for julienned
- julienned carrots
- julienned vegetables
- julienned pepper
- julienned onions
- julienne ham
- julienned basil
- julienne potatoes
- julienne cucumber
- julienned ginger
- julienned zucchini
- julienne carrots recipe
- julienne carrots video
- julienned carrots how to
- julienne carrots tool
- julienne carrots and zucchini
- julienne carrots how to
- julienne carrots with mandolin
- julienne carrots food processor
- julienned carrots zucchini
- julienned carrots and zucchini