- JSTOR User Support Hours 9am-6pm EST JSTOR. Search Tip: Find items in a select language with la: Search la:ara + search term for Arabic, la:jpn for. — “JSTOR (JSTOR) on Twitter”,
- JSTOR is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping the scholarly community discover, use, and build upon a wide range of intellectual content in a trusted digital archive. JSTOR waives its standard participation fees (the Archive Capital Fee and Annual Access. — “JSTOR - INASP”,
- COUNTER reports provide the most comparable data between the previous JSTOR platform and the new platform released on April 4, 2008. The data for the new JSTOR platform adheres to the same COUNTER processing guidelines as data for the previous JSTOR site. — “JSTOR Usage Statistics”,
- JSTOR is an online repository of the full texts of 900 scholarly journals. JSTOR's main function changed to a provider of online access to leading scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences and (to a lesser extent), the sciences. — “JSTOR - Conservapedia”,
- Using JSTOR ADVANCED SEARCHING | VIEWING PRINTING or DOWNLOADING | STABLE URLS What is JSTOR? JSTOR is a full text database that contains back-issues of core scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. — “Pace University - Library - JSTOR”, pace.edu
- USE JSTOR. JSTOR is a not–for–profit service that helps scholars, researchers, and students discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content in a trusted digital archive of over one thousand academic journals and other scholarly content. — “JSTOR”,
- JSTOR was originally funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, but is now an independent, self-sustaining not-for-profit In January 2009, it was announced that JSTOR would merge with ITHAKA, a non-profit organization founded in 2003 and "dedicated to helping the academic community take. — “Jstor”,
- JSTORNEWS keeps the scholarly community up-to-date on the latest developments at JSTOR. Check out the current issue, our topical news archive, and Perspectives, our regular feature where librarians, publishers, and users share their experiences with JSTOR. — “JSTOR: JSTORNEWS - 2010, No. 14”,
- JSTOR's (Journal Storage) archives include scholarship published in over one thousand of the highest-quality academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. All full text. Description: JSTOR is first and foremost a selective database. — “JSTOR | Joseph P. Healey Library”, lib.umb.edu
- Go directly to the SICI Utilities (now found at http:///registered We also feel it is important to work closely with non-participating institutions, when appropriate, to establish access from other electronic resources to the JSTOR archive. — “Linking to JSTOR”,
- JSTOR (short for Journal Storage) is a United States-based online system for archiving academic journals, founded in 1995. JSTOR was originally funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, but is now an independent, self-sustaining not-for-profit organization with offices in New York City and. — “JSTOR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Welcome to the official Facebook Page of JSTOR. Get exclusive content and interact with JSTOR right from Facebook. Join Facebook to create your own Page or to start connecting with friends. — “JSTOR | Facebook”,
- is an independent foundation that strives to lead, negotiate, support and advocate for the wide availability of electronic resources by library users in transition and developing countries. — “EIFL: JSTOR”,
- JSTOR Electronic Journal Database. JSTOR is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the digital preservation of academic journals. Individual subscriptions to the JSTOR service allow individuals to access and search issues published between 1892 and 2002 from any computer. — “OIEAHC - JSTOR Electronic Journal Database”, oieahc.wm.edu
- JSTOR, a not-for-profit organization established with the assistance of The Mellon Foundation, provides complete runs of hundreds of important journal titles in more than 30 arts, humanities, and social science disciplines. The IUB Libraries subscribe to all titles available through JSTOR. — “JSTOR”, libraries.iub.edu
- Through a special arrangement with JSTOR, the Society for American Archaeology can now offer members access to both journals for just $25.00 per calendar year. To be able to search Latin American Antiquity and American Antiquity in full-text format, please fill out the JSTOR application. — “JSTOR”,
- Organization committed to the electronic archiving of scholarly journals and literature. — “JSTOR”,
- What does JSTOR stand for? Definition of JSTOR in the list of acronyms and abbreviations provided by the Free Online Dictionary and Thesaurus. — “JSTOR - What does JSTOR stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations”,
- Welcome to the JSTOR Showcase - an experimental place for JSTOR and our research partners to demonstrate and The mission of JSTOR's Advanced Technology Research Team is to understand and use technology to enhance, explore and more effectively use the content in the archive, the. — “Welcome to the JSTOR Showcase — Showcase”,
related images for jstor
- The third line of results is from the library catalog which doesn t mean print but it can FYI
- of article Repeat your search limiting it to articles in just one or two relevant subject areas Print out the first page of one of the articles that you might use for your paper Further Research Tips
- Download image file
- The search results from the search is Clicking on any of the links will bring up the complete text of the articles You can also download and save citations by choosing those options instead of the print option
- EXAMPLE Creating Persistent URLs PURLs from JSTOR
- New look new features See the presentation Using the JSTOR Interface
- Enter the book title and author s name Then change the Document Type to Book Review and click on Search
- page When done selecting click the view saved citations link on the top right on the results list You can just stay with the default selection as shown in the screen shot below
- called into question I defend my honor with pictures
- Primary Source Example Ernest W Burgess The Effect of War on the American Family American Journal of Sociology 48 no 3 November 1942 344
- 2 Choose JSTOR from the alphabetical list of databases 3 The opening page for JSTOR appears in the following screen shot The default search is a keyword anywhere but try accessing the Advanced Search feature to expand your search
- Screen Shot
- ▷ 주제분야 전 학문분야
- JSTOR now offer export in Reference Manager format a recent improvement So the rest is the same as with EBSCO and ScienceDirect The automatic transfer even leaves quotation
- there an abstract for the following article it would appear on this screen as well Note the buttons on the right for View Item and PDF to see the article in two different formats 9 Clicking the link for Item Information below
- 4 Click the Directly Export citations into RefWorks link If you have not logged in to your RefWorks account JSTOR will bring up a pop up window that will allow you to do so
- is a PDF file of a scan of the original article Use the icons in the top left corner to save or print the article Use the arrows to the right to jump to a certain page of the article This is only a brief overview on how to use JSTOR For more information on how to search through the JSTOR database please see their extensive help section
- JSTOR JSTOR formerly an institutional subscription now one of the
- у поље оно што желимо да претражујемо кликнемо на дугме SEARCH Добијамо списак радова на задату тему Кликом на наслов чланка добијамо FULL TEXT комплетан текст Уколико желимо да га сачувамо кликнемо на
- accogliere la documentazione storiografico musicologica nel suo complesso dalla letteratura monografica e periodica agli strumenti di consultazione alle edizioni musicali coi rispettivi strumenti di controllo bibliografico Si aggiungeranno
- Након отварања Home page а овог сајта можемо да кликнемо на дугме BROWSЕ избор да изаберемо жељену област
- JSTOR to search for all articles with the exact keyword phrase Abraham Lincoln in the article title and the exact keyword phrase civil war anywhere in the full text of the article 7 The search results appear in the following screen shot Take note of 1 the number of results for the search in this case 34 2 the ability to sort by Relevance Oldest to Newest
- article or by author 2 the ability to limit searches to articles reviews editorials or pamphlets 3 the ability to limit searches to articles published within a certain date range 5 Scroll down the page to see more options for specifying a particular search Use the Title box to search within a specific journal or place checks inside the boxes next to the
- a thing and it s impossible to express it otherwise We argue not to copy this images and purchase the original article from JSTOR We add the copyright notice as it is provided by JSTOR
- Here you ll have to click on yet another link to actually download and or print the pdf And then you ll get the pdf file to print
- Enlaces a la imagen Tamaño de esta vista previa 423 × 599 píxeles
- The JSTOR front page for users not logged in
- can reset the search menu to full text to broaden the search and find more articles The Advanced Search Screen also allows students to see lists of journals organized by discipline
- You ll be able to see the article in the next screen But in order to print the document you ll need to select the PRINT link in the upper left side of the screen An example is below Here you ll have to click on yet another link to actually download and or print the pdf
- below the citation for each article in the list of results you will see links for Item Information Page of First Match and PDF See points 8 9 10 for discussion on these links 8 Clicking the link for Item Information below
- у POST SCRIPT формату Препоручујемо да документ сачувате у PDF High Quality формату економична варијанта PDF а формата може да буде
- jstor4 jpg
- content in most other databases although there is one extra step If you use the FindText button and see that JSTOR is one of the options simply select the JSTOR link like this You ll be able to see the article in the next screen But in order to print the document you ll need to select the PRINT link in the upper left side of the screen An example is below
- 4 Read Each article is a scanned in image Since it is not text it cannot be copied emailed or saved using your web browser If you get too many articles try searching for your terms in titles instead of full text You can also narrow the subject areas you are searching in by clicking on the checkboxes next to the
- The opening page for JSTOR appears in the following screen shot The default search is a keyword anywhere but try accessing the Advanced Search feature to expand your search options 4 The Advanced Search page is shown below From top to bottom take note of 1 multiple search boxes to allow multiple keyword searches all at once plus the ability to search keywords
related videos for jstor
- JSTOR Primary and Secondary Sources WEBSITE: This video will help you explain to your students what the differences are between primary and secondary sources and how valuable they are for research.
- JSTOR tutorial brief instructional video introducing you to the tools and features of JSTOR
- How to do research in JSTOR WEBSITE: This video will help students do research on JSTOR for their academic work.
- JSTOR Find out how to search JSTOR, JSTOR's advanced search features, how to limit search results to articles only, and how to print articles. You will also find out about using the wildcard symbol. www.barnard.edu
- Getting Citations in JSTOR Learn how to get easy citations or export them to RefWorks in this Do It Yourself tutorial from Fitchburg State College
- JSTOR's Data for Research (DfR): Key terms and academic currency A short video on how to extract the key terms from over 50 academic disciplines from JSTOR's Data for Research (DfR) service at DfR is freely available and is designed to look for usage patterns, trends, download datasets, and more from the JSTOR corpus of more than 16 billion words in millions of articles over hundreds of years. This video explores briefly how to extract key terms and track the currency of academic language.
- JSTOR Tutorial If you need an article on a humanities, sciences, or social sciences topic this is the top resource for you! JSTOR includes entire runs of journals and is also a digital archive for photographs, music, maps, pamphlets, and many other materials.
- Importing Endnote citations: Exporting from the JSTOR database... American University assistant librarian Rachel Borchardt demonstrates how to import Endnote citations by exporting from the JSTOR database.
- Kamata Illuminations Trying out the HD capabilities of the new Canon 5D Mark ii with some night shooting of the local illuminations. Hastily edited together to meet a Flickr contest deadline.
- New JSTOR Features: Dec. 2010 Learn about the new features of the JSTOR platform including tracking citations, saved search alerts, most cited articles, and more.
- Advanced Searching on JSTOR WEBSITE: This video will show you some tips for advanced searching on JSTOR tips that you can use on other databases and search engines as well.
- JSTOR Plant Science: An Introduction This video will introduce JSTOR Plant Science, an environment of content, tools, and community dedicated to plant science and biodiversity. JSTOR Plant Science is available at JSTOR Plant Science is the largest collection of plant type specimens and supporting material in the world. All the materials in JSTOR Plant Science were graciously donated by our Global Plants Initiative (GPI) Partner organizations. They represent an incredible diversity of resource types and I wanted to highlight a few that might be of interest to those just arriving at JSTOR Plant Science.
- Using JSTOR a short introduction to the 2008 version of JSTOR
- JSTOR : Introduction An introduction to the JSTOR research database available through the LWTC Learning Commons site. Covers how to locate articles through a basic and advanced search, as well as how to look within and search specific publications.
- Rare Art Periodicals in JSTOR's Arts & Sciences VIII Collection Get a glimpse of some rare art periodicals from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Frick Collection, and the Brooklyn Museum. The periodicals are archived in JSTOR as part of the Arts & Sciences VIII collection.
- Exporting citations from JSTOR Thisbrief video tutorial will show you how to export and import a citation from the JSTOR database into your RefWorks account. RefWorks is a web-based citation manager that will help you simplify the research process. To learn more about RefWorks, visit libguides.eastern.edu/refworks
- Using JSTOR A tutorial on using the database JSTOR at the Mary Livermore Library at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- Jstor Is anybody else totally dependent on Jstor and Sabian
- HIST420 - Part 3 - Finding review articles in JSTOR This brief tutorial shows how to find review articles on your theme in the JSTOR collection.
- Get full text of articles in JSTOR Learn how to get the full text pdf of an article from JSTOR in this Do It Yourself tutorial from Fitchburg State College
- Tutorial: How to export references from JSTOR into Refworks A brief tutorial demonstrating the steps for exporting article citations from JSTOR to RefWorks.
- JSTOR Database Tutorial This 5 minute tutorial covers the basics of the JSTOR database. The library's subscription to JSTOR offers access to 397 journal titles. Give it a look!
- Using JSTOR Simple video for those who've never used JSTOR.
- JSTOR Browse & Citation Locator How to find a known article or pamphlet in the JSTOR archive by using "Browse" and "Citation Locator".
- Limiting to Full-Text Articles in JSTOR Sometimes you get too many book reviews and non-full-text results in JSTOR. This video shows you how to filter out those results
- Google Scholar and JSTOR Advice on using Google Scholar to search for articles in JSTOR.
- JSTOR Database Tutorial JSTOR is a multidisciplinary full text database, good for social sciences and design. Student Type: Undergraduate Faculty: Arts and Social Sciences, Design, Architecture and Building, Insearch Level of Experience Required: Inexperienced Typical Learning Time: 15 mins
- Books at JSTOR: ALA Midwinter 2011 Michael Spinella, Executive Vice President and JSTOR Managing Director, speaks on Books at JSTOR at the ITHAKA participants' meeting breakfast on January 9, 2011 at ALA Midwinter, San Diego.
- Reviews in JSTOR How to Find or Avoid Them WEBSITE: Sometimes you need a book review and sometimes you dont.
- Intro to searching the JSTOR database Need help with college research? This tutorial from Miami University Hamilton's Rentschler Library will guide you through the basics of finding scholarly articles in the JSTOR database.
- Browse and Citation Locator in JSTOR WEBSITE: This video will show you how to browse and use JSTORs citation locator.
- Searching JSTOR Learn several ways to search for articles and other items in the JSTOR archive, including using the Advanced Search form.
- 6 finding articles jstor
- how to print with jstor This video shows you how to print with Jstor.
- Searching the JSTOR article archive
- Exporting from JSTOR (RefWorks 2.0) Thisbrief video tutorial will show you how to import a citation from the JSTOR database into your RefWorks account. RefWorks is a web-based citation manager that will help you simplify the research process. To learn more about RefWorks, visit libguides.eastern.edu/refworks
- JSTOR Video Tutorial JSTOR video tutorial created by the LSC-North Harris Library.
- eResources Tutorial No. 10 - JSTOR eResources Tutorial No. 10 - JSTOR For more Videos of NLB events visit b.gov.sg
- JSTOR Database An archived database of full text, complete volume journals in the Arts, Sciences and Biological Sciences.
- JSTOR Resources for Secondary School Teachers WEBSITE: This video will give an overview of what materials are available for secondary school teachers using JSTOR.
- "What's JSTOR?" The group's inside joke.
twitter about jstor
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about jstor
“March 16th, 2010 | Tags: Digital Publishing, JSTOR, online journals, Panorama of Constantinople, Roman forum, SAH, Society of Architecural Historians, UC Press Journals Copyright © 2010 University of California Press Blog - All Rights Reserved”
— JSTOR "University of California Press Blog, ucpress.edu
“Announcing the JSTOR showcase. Announcing the JSTOR showcase. We're pleased to announce the opening of the showcase, where JSTOR's advanced technology team are bringing their projects into the bright light of day for the first time”
— Welcome — Showcase,
“Limelight is Suite101.com's blog sharing news and events from our freelance writing community and the online publishing industry”
— JSTOR: Academic Article Engine, suite101.com
“JSTOR and Aluka in Tunisia. October 24th, 2008 by Michael Gallagher, User Support. Siro with JSTOR having used it while at university; a great deal of the JSTOR staff can”
— Aluka Blog " Blog Archive " JSTOR and Aluka in Tunisia,
“JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use”
— Calendar | JSTOR,
“Brookings Trade Forum. http:///action/showPublication? 26 New Titles added to Knovel was the previous entry in this blog. America's Historical Newspapers Content Update: 2/27/09 is the next entry in this blog. Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all”
— JSTOR Update 2/27/09 - Temple University Library News, blog.library.temple.edu
“Results tagged "JSTOR researchers archives" from WorldCat Blog Scholars and researchers will now be able to identify JSTOR resources through and connect with the full-text content using the”
— WorldCat Blog: Search Results,
“JSTOR and similar resources Forum Regular. Posts: 3192. JSTOR and similar resources " on: February 10, 2009, 01:18:36 PM " In the long term, I wonder if CZ might be able to obtain the equivalent of a university membership in some of the paid (i.e., "deep Web") resources such as”
— JSTOR and similar resources,
related keywords for jstor
- jstor odu
- jstor database
- jstor password
- jstor wiki
- jstor access
- jstor mobile
- jstor collections
- jstor account
- jstor mla
- jstor current scholarship
- jstor odu library
similar for jstor
- plant science
- digital library
- free encyclopedia
- journal titles
- moving wall
- history journals
- african plants initiative
- scholarly content
- profit service
- trusted digital
- digital archive
- one thousand
- academic journals
- use information technology
- increase productivity
- new forms
- social sciences
- scholarship program
- united states
- search tip
- user support
- support hours
- faculty survey
- auction catalogs
- mobile phone
- timely messages
- rich source
- easy to stay
- scholarly community
- current issue
- topical news
- news archive
- users share
- story idea
- david carlson
- library affairs
- jstor link
- jstor website
- the box
- remote access
- right click
- article purchase
- frequently asked questions
- search form
- first page
- login page
- jstor archive
- scholarly journals
- current issues
- electronic resources
- location information
- course syllabi
- web projects
- online catalogs
- book reviews
- article level
- capital fee
- participation fees
- developing countries