- JellyRoll Music is a Ning Network CONTACT ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO A SONG WITH JELLYROLL OR LIL WYTE, WERE DEDICATING AUGUST TO DOING FEATURES FOR ARTISTS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, AT AFFORDABLE PRICES FOR EVERYBODY, VERSES, HOOKS, MIXTAPE HOSTING, BOOK US FOR SHOWS, ANYTHING YOU. — “JellyRoll Music”,
- "I invented jazz" is how Jelly Roll Morton often introduced himself. "But Jelly Roll Morton," writes noted music scholar Eileen Southern in The Music of Black Americans, "is regarded as the first true jazz composer. — “Jelly Roll Morton”,
- My interest in Jelly Roll Morton first began in the 1950s. The recordings of Jelly Roll Morton performing and reminiscing about his life, together with Alan Lomax's book, provide a monumental personal. — “JELLY ROLL MORTON”,
- Jam-packed with reviews of classic blues, jazz, country, soul and rock and roll from musicians around the world. — “Jelly”,
- Biography of composer and bandleader Jelly Roll Morton, with sound files from The Red Hot Jazz Archive. — “Ferdinand "Jelly Roll" Morton - Red Hot Jazz”,
- Jelly Roll is New Jersey based bar band. Putting a new Jam on old favorites. — “Jelly Roll - Home”, jelly-
- Jelly Roll Morton , Jazz Musician Born: 20 October 1890 Birthplace: Gulfport, Louisiana Died: 10 July 1941 (heart failure) Best Known As: The composer. — “Jelly Roll Morton: Biography from ”,
- Wedding Band Philadelphia: Jellyroll is award winning, premier party band in the Philadelphia region including Philadelphia Wedding Band or Philadelphia Party Band. Looking for Philadelphia Wedding Band or Philadelphia Party Band visit Brandywine. — “Jellyroll: The Party Band, The Award Winning Philadelphia”,
- Online shopping for MP3 Albums from a great selection of MP3 Downloads; Dance & DJ, Pop, International, Rock, Alternative Rock, Miscellaneous, Classical, Jazz & more at everyday low prices. — “: Jelly Roll Morton - MP3 Albums: MP3 Downloads”,
- jellyroll (plural jellyrolls) (US) A cylindrical cake containing jelly (jam), often called a Swiss roll. Retrieved from "http:///wiki/jellyroll" Categories: English nouns | American English | Derogatory | Slang. — “jellyroll - Wiktionary”,
- Biography of jazz pioneer Jelly Roll Morton. Ferdinand Joseph LaMothe (September 20, 1885 – July 10, 1941), best known professionally as Jelly Roll Morton, was an American ragtime and early jazz pianist, bandleader and composer. — “Jelly Roll Morton - Wikipedia”,
- Welcome to , home of renowned Nashville harmonica player Jelly Roll Johnson. Here you will find information on Jelly Roll's appearances, news items, reviews and, of course, information about his two solo recordings,. — “Jelly Roll Johnson - Harmonica”,
- Jellyroll music profile on Yahoo! Music. Find lyrics, free streaming MP3s, music videos and photos of Jellyroll on Yahoo! Music. — “Jellyroll on Yahoo! Music”,
- The Cescaphe Ballroom is venue with which Jellyroll has grown very familiar since its opening in 2004. Posted by Kurt in Jellyroll on 01 29th, 2010 | No Comments. — “Jellyroll - Brandywine Valley Talent Band Blogs”,
- Jelly rolls are a heavenly way to cap off a meal and also go great with coffee or tea. Check out this simple recipe for homemade jelly rolls. — “Jelly Roll Recipe - How to Make a Jelly Roll Video”,
- 244 results for jelly roll. Result Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next. PUMPKIN JELLY ROLLS. Add remaining ingredients Line jelly roll pan, 15 1/2" at least 1 hour. Serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream, if. — “ - Recipes - Jelly Roll”,
- San Francisco-based swing band featuring Belinda Blair. Includes audio segments, photos, and calendar. — “Jellyroll”,
- MySpace Music profile for JELLYROLL NEW SONG UP TWITTER @jellyroll615. Download JELLYROLL NEW SONG UP TWITTER @jellyroll615 Rap / Hip Hop / R&B music singles, watch music videos, listen to free streaming mp3s, & read JELLYROLL NEW SONG UP TWITTER. — “JELLYROLL NEW SONG UP TWITTER @jellyroll615 on MySpace Music”,
- When one hears of jazz having its roots in New Orleans, some of the first jazz musicians that come to mind are Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton. While jazz historian Gunther Schuller considered Armstrong "the first great soloist," he called. — “Jelly Roll Morton Biography”,
related videos for jellyroll
- JELLY ROLL MORTON ORIGINAL PIANO ROLLS
- King Porter Stomp (Jelly Roll Morton) played by Max Keenlyside (HQ audio) Max's parents used his high-quality digital recorder to capture the audio of this performance, and, since I shot video of it, we decided to synchronize that audio with my video. "ragtimemax" is another of those amazing ***age ragtime performers. He hails from Prince Edward Island, Canada, and made his first trip to the West Coast Ragtime Festival this November, where this performance took place as part of the Youth Concert. Max is co-founder of a sheet music publishing firm, the Authentic Ragtime Company -- -- along with Jaime Cardenas ("ragtimebuddy"). The piano is a 9-foot Yamaha CFIIIS concert grand. According to Lottie Joplin, this was a tune that Jelly Roll and Porter King had sent to Scott Joplin asking for assistance, which Joplin gave and sent an updated m***cript back to Morton, but King had passed away in the mean time. So it's possible that Joplin had a hand in this tune as well. This actually was the only piano performance during an actual festival venue of which I shot video this year; everything else was after-hours! Max had told me that if I shoot video of something that he gets on his audio recorder, we should combine the two, so I made sure to get something of him playing just in case he was recording it too. Since I had no other place to put them, I included three photographs that I shot at the festival during a jam session in the musicians' lounge.
- John Sykes - Jelly Roll 1995 Song 6. This is from the first ever SYKES solo show, recorded in LA, June 23, 1995.
- Jelly Roll Morton-Deepcreek-1929 Drive a few miles off most any interstate highway in the rural US south and find yourself in another era. The old south is rapidly disappearing-not soon enough for some, sadly for others as they try to hold on to the only way of life they know. Jelly Roll Morton's deep creek conveys the melancholy of the rural deep woods south. Jelly Roll Morton and His Orchestra, deep creek, Victor Records V38055B, December 6, 1929, Victor Talking Machine Company Studios, 16 West 46th St., New York. Edward Anderson, tp; Edwin Swayze, tp; William Cato, tb; Russell Procope, cl/as; Joe Garland, ts; Ferdinand Morton, p; Lee Blair, g; William Moore, bb; and Manzie Johnson, d.
- Jelly Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers - Black Bottom Stomp - Victor 20221 Jelly Roll Morton, p, v, dir: George Mitchell, c / Kid Ory, tb / Omer Simeon, cl / Johnny St. Cyr, bj / John Lindsay, sb / Andrew Hilaire, d. Webster Hotel, Chicago, September 15, 1926.
- Jelly Rolls - Brand New to Quilting series - Quilting Tutorial - A look at "jelly rolls" for brand new quilters. Although this series is designed for beginners, we will have other, more advanced, series coming soon. If you'd like to get started on quilting and need supplies, come on over and check us out at or take a look at
- Jelly Roll Morton Lesson - Dick Hyman This clip is from Dick Hyman's CENTURY OF JAZZ PIANO CD-ROM encyclopedy. Recorded in 1999.
- Jelly Roll - ONE Welcome To The Trap House Jelly Roll - ONE Welcome To The Trap House, off the deal or no deal mixtape, video shot by
- Jelly Roll Morton Finger Breaker Here's Fred "Jelly Roll" Morton's own recording of his famous Finger Breaker. Jelly wrote this to show of to New York Ragtime pianists (AKA Early Stride pianists) that he had fine technique too. And was made even more famous in the Italian film "The Legend of 1900" 100 Views in ten days. Feb 12 2009
- Bugs Henderson plays Texas Blues/Jellyroll Here Bugs is playing an old Nitzinger song and has Jamie Bassett on harp again. I like this recording especially because of Jamie's playing and also the tone of Bugs' PRS McCarty model is so sweet in this venue. Here he's got a harp player playing with him named Jamie Bassett, who played in several bands back in the day including Texas Storm with Jimmie Vaughan and Doyle Bramhall.
- Jelly Roll Morton "COURTHOUSE BUMP" (1929) "Courthouse Bump" Composed by Jelly Roll Morton Performed by Jelly Roll Morton and his Orchestra Recorded July 9, 1929, Camden, New Jersey Personnel: Jelly Roll Morton - piano, director Boyd Rositer - trumpet Walter Briscoe - trumpet Charlie Irvis -trombone George Baquet - clarinet Paul Barnes - soprano saxophone Joe Thomas - alto saxophone Walter Thomas - tenor saxophone Barney Alexander - banjo Harry Prather - brass bass William Lewis - drums Ferdinand Joseph Morton (Jelly Roll Morton) (1890-1941) Major early jazz figure as pianist, band leader and composer. Started playing piano in New Orleans with a style with ragtime roots, but style unique, advanced in harmony, composition and solo conception. In the early 1900s played in New Orleans "sporting houses". Jobs throughout Louisiana and Mississippi. Toured south with minstrel show around 1909-1911. 1911-1917 Jobbed in St. Louis, Kansas City. Jazz composition, "Jelly Roll Blues" published in Chicago in 1917. Based in California five years, worked all over the west coast. Back in Chicago, 1923, worked for Melrose Brothers Music Company, had more jazz pieces published. Began extensive recording in 1923 using small groumps of excellent jazzmen. Greatest recording period 1926-1930 for Victor. During this period toured with other bands, led groups. In 1928 led band at New York's Rose Danceland. Jobbed in New York early 1930s. Led band 1935-1936, settled in Washington DC, 1937-1938 in comparitive obscurity. Managed jazz club ...
- Jelly Roll Morton - Wolverine Blues JR Morton Trio, Chicago 1927
- Jelly Roll Morton: A Slideshow Tribute Here's a little slideshow I made last year dedicated to my idol, the great Jazz pianist and bandleader Ferdinand "Jelly Roll" Morton!
- Lemon Jelly Roll 1 box angel food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake) 1 bar (8oz) cream cheese, softened 1 lemon yellow food coloring 1 container Cool Whip 1 (11.75 ounce) jar strawberry ice cream topping, divided Powdered sugar Strawberries
- Jelly Roll Morton and his Red Hot Peppers - Blue Blood Blues (1930) Ferdinand "Jelly Roll" Morton (Sept.20,1885 or Oct.20,1890 - July 10,1941) was an American ragtime pianist, bandleader and composer. Widely recognized as a pivotal figure in early jazz, Morton claimed, in self-promotional hyperbole, to have invented jazz outright in 1902. Critic Scott Yanow writes that "Morton did himself a lot of harm posthumously by exaggerating his worth (yet) Morton's accomplishments as an early innovator are so vast that he did not really need to stretch the truth." Morton was the first serious composer of jazz, naming and popularizing the so-called "Spanish tinge" of exotic rhythms and penning such standards as "Wolverine Blues", "Black Bottom Stomp", and "I Thought I Heard Buddy Bolden Say". Jelly Roll Morton and his Red Hot Peppers - Blue Blood Blues (1930)
- MPC 5000: Jellyroll Producer Jellyroll showing us making a beat on the Akai MPC 5000. Jelly roll has producer for artists like The Game, Snoop, Xzibit, Busta Rhymes, Dr Dre, Foxy Brown, Method Man and many others.
- the jellyroll rockheads west coast tour 2001
- The Paul Asaro Trio play Jelly Roll Morton's "Tiger Rag" http "Tiger Rag," is a fun upbeat tune that Jelly Roll Morton claimed to have written. The guys played this number, and many more at a Kansas City Ragtime Revelry Concert on April 1st, 2007. It was great, and I WISH YOU COULD HAVE BEEN THERE! *************************************** A word or two about some of the confusion regarding the true composer of "Tiger Rag." The tune was first recorded on 17 August, 1917 by the Original Dixieland Jass Band for Aeolian-Vocalion Records. Did not sell very well, but their second recording of the tune on 25 March, 1918 for Victor Records, on the other hand, was a smash national hit. It was credited to ODJB members Nick La Rocca, Eddie Edwards, Henry Ragas, Tony Sbarbaro, and Larry Shields, along with Harry Da Costa. However, other New Orleans, Louisiana musicians claimed that the tune had been a standard in the city even before. Some others even copyrighted the same melody or close variations on it under their own names, including Ray Lopez under the title "Weary Weasel" and Johnny DeDroit under the title "Number Two Blues". A number of veterans of Papa Jack Laine's band said the tune had been known in New Orleans as "Number Two" long before the ODJB copyrighted it. In one interview, Papa Jack Laine said that the actual composer of the number was Achille Baquet. Punch Miller claimed to have originated the cornet & trombone breaks with Jack Carey, and that from Carey's characteristic growl many locals called the tune ...
- Jim Hession / Original Jelly Roll Blues / Jelly Roll Morton http Jelly Roll Morton's first published composition(1915) combined early jazz with blues and the New Orleans habanera beat. This true jazz classic was recorded by Morton on solo piano and by his Red Hot Peppers in the 1920's.
- Jelly Roll Morton - Hesitation Blues ..an American virtuoso pianist and composer who some call the first true composer of jazz music.
- Blue Murder - Jelly Roll Music video by Blue Murder performing Jelly Roll. (C) 1989 Geffen Records
- Xzibit feat Krondon & Jellyroll - Criminal Set Criminal set/saturday night live new song Video gret quality great song
- JELLYROLL - 10 MINUTE FREESTYLE(1/29/09) JELLY SNAPPIN!
- Jelly Roll Morton - Mamie's Blues 78 And now, ladies and gentlefolks, the greatest blues ever recorded.
- The Crave (Jelly Roll Morton) - Legend Of 1900 My performance of the piano piece "The Crave" from the movie "The Legend of 1900" starring Tim Roth. The piece was originally written by Jelly Roll Morton.
- Steamboat Stomp -- Jelly Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers 1926 Steamboat Stomp -- Jelly Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers 1926 One of the most famous bands of the twenties and early thirties play Steamboat Stomp. These Morton recordings have been the musical basis of many of today's jazz musicians. Some stayed within this format, others evolved into swing and into the many facets of the modern jazz styles. But in general every serious jazz musician knows about these recordings and it is one of the reasons I have started my audio site especially to emphasize on the importance of these wonderful early jazz clips to the youtube and daily motion world. Of course there were no films made in those times, however some photography was done which I include with these clips. In 1999 I recorded this tune with my Vancouver Hot Five. Maybe you like it our way as well.
- Prefold with Snappi How to snappi a prefold (jelly roll fold)
- Jelly Roll Morton - Buddy Bolden's Blues Jelly Roll Morton playing and singing his composition of "Buddy Bolden's Blues"
- Billy Taylor is Jelly Roll Morton presents Billy Taylor as Jelly Roll Morton.
- Jelly Roll Morton - King Porter Stomp Jelly Roll Morton's King Porter Stomp.
- Jelly Roll from Polymer Clay for Miniature Dollhouse by Garden of imagination SUBSCRIBE & RATE for more FREE craft tutorials! This video shows how to make a mini Strawberry Jelly Roll for your doll house. Requested by alaniiflowers. By Garden of Imagination.
- JellyRoll "Ridin All Alone" (dedication track)
- Jelly Roll Morton - Pretty Lil-1929 Jelly Roll Morton composed Pretty Lil and Jelly Roll and his orchestra recorded the music at the Trinity Baptist Church studios of Victor Talking Machine Company in Camden, New Jersey July 9,1929. Jelly Roll Morton had started his Red Hot Peppers band from Lil Hardin Armstrong's disbanded Dixieland Syncopaters in 1926. Lil Hardin was Louis Armstrong's second wife - they were married from 1926-1938. Lil and Louis had met about 1921 while both played in King Olivers Creole Jazz Band in Chicago. Jelly Roll Morton and Louis Armstrong had collaborated on Wildman Blues in 1926 and Morton recorded the song on the Bluebird label in Chicago in 1927 while Louis Armstrong and His Hot 7 recorded the music in May 1927 for Okeh in Chicago. The pianist for that Hot 7 session was Lil Hardin. Lil was the most famous woman of early jazz who got her start at age 17 playing in the men's world of tough and seedy clubs in Chicago. Lil had met Jelly Roll as a *** while she was working at a Chicago music store where she demonstrated sheet music. Morton frequented the store and played his style for her which she came to adopt and for a while was known as the female Jelly Roll Morton. Lil and Morton remained friends while both worked in Chicago. She was hired as a jazz pianist for her first gig at age 17 and she not only held her own but had 8 different orchestras of her own from 1925-1950 and remained active as a jazz musician until her death in 1971. Lil appeared on Broadway in Hot Chocolates ...
- Udachi - JellyRoll - Trouble & Bass Recordings
- JellyRoll Feat. Lil Wyte POP ANOTHER PILL Directed by Partee. 1ST SINGLE AND VIDEO FROM THE TRAPPADDICTS MIXTAPE PRESENTED BY WYTEMUSIC FEATURING LIL WYTE & JELLY ROLL plus MORE!!!
- JELLYROLL man in the mirror gamblin on the whiteboy 3 new jellyroll gamblin on the whiteboy go get the *** wanna buy his albums hit his myspace up
- Jelly Roll Morton-Dr. Jazz-1926 Dr. Jazz was recorded by Jelly Roll Morton and His Red Hot Peppers for Victor Records on December 16, 1926. The Red Hot Peppers were composed of Morton leading on the piano, Kid Ory, Andrew Hilaire, John Lindsay, Omer Simeon, Johnny St. Cyr, and George Mitchell. The music was composed by Walter Melrose and King Oliver
- Jelly Roll Morton "CRAZY CHORDS" (1930) Crazy Chords Composed by Jelly Roll Morton Performed by Jelly Roll Morton and his Red Hot Peppers Recorded June 2, 1930, New York City Personnel: Jelly Roll Morton - piano, director Ward Pinkett - trumpet Unknown - trumpet Julius "Geechy" Fields - trombone Happy Caldwell - clarinet Walter Thomas - clarinet, baritone sax Joe Thomas - alto saxophone Lee Blair - banjo Billy Taylor - tuba Cozy Cole - drums Ferdinand Joseph Morton (Jelly Roll Morton) (1890-1941) Major early jazz figure as pianist, band leader and composer. Started playing piano in New Orleans with a style with ragtime roots, but style unique, advanced in harmony, composition and solo conception. In the early 1900s played in New Orleans "sporting houses". Jobs throughout Louisiana and Mississippi. Toured south with minstrel show around 1909-1911. 1911-1917 Jobbed in St. Louis, Kansas City. Jazz composition, "Jelly Roll Blues" published in Chicago in 1917. Based in California five years, worked all over the west coast. Back in Chicago, 1923, worked for Melrose Brothers Music Company, had more jazz pieces published. Began extensive recording in 1923 using small groumps of excellent jazzmen. Greatest recording period 1926-1930 for Victor. During this period toured with other bands, led groups. In 1928 led band at New York's Rose Danceland. Jobbed in New York early 1930s. Led band 1935-1936, settled in Washington DC, 1937-1938 in comparitive obscurity. Managed jazz club, also performed. Alan Lomax recorded him solo ...
- Jelly Roll Morton - West End Blues Jelly Roll Morton's New Orleans Jazzmen performing King "Joe" Oliver's West End Blues. Recorded on the 28th of September 1939 (09-28-1939) New York, New York. Band members: Sidney Bechet - Soprano Saxophone Wellman Braud - Bass Happy Caldwell - Tenor Saxophone Sidney de Paris - Trumpet Claude Jones - Trombone Lawrence Lucie - Guitar Albert Nicholas - Clarinet Fred Robinson - Trombone Zutty Singleton - Drums Jelly Roll Morton - Piano
- Jelly Roll Morton - Honky Tonk Blues This number comes from his Library of Congress recordings in 1938. A fine example of his great ability to play and sing a slow, sad, beautiful blues.
- Bukka White - Jelly Roll Blues Bukka White plays "Jelly Roll Blues", Furry Lewis being in the audience
- Art Jewelry - Making a polymer clay jellyroll cane Art Jewelry Magazine associate editor Jill Erickson shows you how to make a jellyroll cane using polymer clay. Visit /howto for more information and videos.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about jellyroll
“Jelly Roll Addiction coming back to haunt me! Check out the blog daily for tutorials, gift suggestions, recipes, shop features and giveaways. SMS Sewing Forum | Sewing-Related Discussions | Fabric and Notions | Jelly Roll Addiction coming back to haunt me!”
— Jelly Roll Addiction coming back to haunt me!,
“Ballroom Dance Bands: Brandywine Valley Talent has award winning dance Music Bands offering the best dance bands, wedding bands, party bands, beach party bands in Philadelphia. Visit our website for dance bands, party bands, wedding bands, best”
— Jellyroll Blog,
“ScIROCco Forum - all about the new VW Scirocco 3 / Profile of jellyroll jellyroll's Forum Info. Joined: Yesterday. Last Visit. Yesterday 07:42”
— ScIROCco Forum - all about the new VW Scirocco 3 - Profile of, scirocco-
“Home " Blog. jelly roll Blog Posts. Jelly Rolls - quilting with theme prints. Appropriately named for October, we selected this roll from Robert Kaufman named Eerie Alley. Alternatively, you could use 1/2 of the Kona Cotton jelly roll by selecting the brightest valued strips”
— jelly roll Blog Posts | Stitches, stitchesfibreartsupplies.ca
“Online Dating at SmartDating powered by SkaDate software. Find singles personal ads with photo, chat online and get offline dates with members of this online dating service site”
— jellyroll: Hunting for UGG boots, smartdating.mobi
“jellyroll's blog. The best ways to show off your individual style. Mon, 11/22/2010 - 13:08 — jellyroll. The best ways to show off your individual style. Your Christmas tree is one of the best ways to show off your individual style. You can wholesale”
— jellyroll's blog | Intervention Mapping,
“Authored by: Jelly Roll Justice [Show Host] Submitted: Thu, 10/28/2010 - 11:15am. Tag(s): Show host blog. Hear that trumpet! Jelly Roll Justice is moving to the opposite side of the continent after attending "Essentially Ellington"”
— Blog posts for Jelly Roll Justice | WWOZ 90.7 FM,
“Forum: Jelly Roll Soul present Kyle Hall + The Jelly Roll Dj'S at La Cheetah Club”
— RA Forum: Jelly Roll Soul present Kyle Hall + The Jelly Roll,
related keywords for jellyroll
- jellyroll pan
- jelly roll morton
- jelly roll rapper
- jellyroll music
- jelly roll band
- jelly roll molly
- jelly roll recipe
- jelly roll ridin all alone lyrics
- jellyroll freestyle
- jellyroll mixtape
- jelly roll pan size
- jelly roll pan dimensions
- jelly roll pan vs cookie sheet
- jelly roll pan recipes
- jelly roll pan with lid
- jelly roll pan wiki
- jelly roll pan bar recipes
- jelly roll pan lid
- jelly roll pan walmart
- jelly roll pan bars